Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

An audience with the Raven Queen [Lumi]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

#26Lumikki 

An audience with the Raven Queen [Lumi] - Page 2 Empty Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:34 am

Lumikki

There was a slight snarl on Lumikki’s lips and the Dragon’s jest to Lumi’s reaction scrunched her face. She wasn’t used to being touched with this body, and the foreign sensation caught her surprised. But her features would ease as fast as they’d tense from the mention of “sister”. With another drastic head tilt, she’d let the notion simmer. Meanwhile, Ryuko would continue on to the next point of Lumikki’s statement, agreeing with the simple shifts of man.

”Sister…” She’d utter, as she fished the feather offered. It didn’t displease her to hear it, more that it swelled her pride. An entertaining gesture on Ryuko’s part that Lumikki wouldn’t fail to match. ”Aye, sister.” Her face was smug upon this utterance but as she voiced her pleasure, the Dragon was pulling out the mutual gift. The gesture at first confused the gift for a normal use of magic, but when she saw the pedants and flame she was enchanted and amused. Perplexed by the conjured trinket, she’d reach out her hand, but the explanation would make her fingers curl upon reflex.

”Life Flame? This is quite more interesting than I thought….more fascinating than a feather as well. But quite pleasing to have, then dear sister, let me offer a gift as well. The first of which is the assurance to call through me ravens. Speak me name then yers to them and they shall come if they hear ye, from there ye could use them to spread important messages….but, hmmm this lets me call ye aye? Alvis, a paper and pen dear!” One of the servants that stood by the wall came to life as he went to seek the items from her request. He was a tall and pale man with long raven dark hair tied back in braids and beautifully intricate Icebergian dress. While he went to do that, Lumikki would labor on while hearing Ryuko’s musings toward love. Conversation that Lumi wished she didn’t get so amused by, but it was hard to play calm when you felt so overcome with passion.

”Love ye ask? So intimate, of course ye’d ask of it.” She reached for a glass of water atop the table by her and began poking at the water to settle it with her ice. Lumikki had half a dome before shifting back her attention. ”Ay, there’s one I love dearly. A man I’d never expect or foresaw entering me life. Hel, he came to me guild hall hoping to fight us all, even ran into me Uncle’s spears in their clash to prove he could and swing his hammer. Which by the way,” there was a particular light in her eyes, ”is an ancient relic of one our ol’ gods in the Norse end. It was a treat to see it in person, let alone in a battle…” As she spoke with all her excitement, she’d keep to her task. This time pouring some of her pure Obscura into the orb she was crafting. When she was done, testing her experiment, Lumikki got to the nitty gritty of her work. Biting deep into her right hands until blue blood ran freely. She’d freeze it into a compete orb, trapping her Obscura inside and work throughout the details with the water remaining in the glass so that pure ice would hug the orb in a motif of flowers. A little flourish to add to the blue orb with dancing back shadows within it mimic the flames, and a floral curved trim on the top to hang. For that, Lumikki shifted just enough to pluck a strand form her hair and weave it together with a ribbon of shadow. To with she’d run through the floral loop that holds up the pendant. She’d hand it to her sister when she was done and pleased, ”Don’t know if it’ll tell ye I perish, but it should note how I’m fairing. Can’t take a give like yers without anything fascinating back. To returned to yer question, yes there’s someone I love quite dear. A mortal daemon no less, one I took over the pact for and became their patron. I never got the pleasure of speaking on it but….there’s nothing as intimate and vulnerable like blurring and melting beings with another. It was how our love combust in a moment, we simply fused to a “one” in a way we could never predict. See, we’ve both suffer pacts before but they were quite one sided. So whether it’s me lack of experience or cruelty, for I could not tell, this ended in ways I’d never predict. Count me lucky he loves me back and that he returned at all….” As the Daemon mentioned did leave for a time to prove their bond was true. He needed to know she’d honor his freedom, and that he felt true love. While she took the moment to practice separation, as the merge left her somewhat clingy. But she kept true, and he was happy with his journey ended.

Alvis long had the items needed by then, but waited for his lady to finish. Lumikki finally reaching for them would take them in hand and draw an intricate circle with runes and hand it over to Ryuko. ”This is a rare circle sister, so keep it hidden and safe. Ye gifted me a way to call ya should I need it, so I will do the same for ya, but would rather not be called every which way from every mage who steals a glance. This is me personal Magical Summon, the one that calls out to me directly. I’d spare ye the price for calling me long as ye spare me the abuse of being needlessly called. Now, is it truth or dare sister?”

An audience with the Raven Queen [Lumi] - Page 2 Nerili11

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#27Ryuko 

An audience with the Raven Queen [Lumi] - Page 2 Empty Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:06 am

Ryuko

Indeed, even if she had taken notice of the slight snarl on Lumikki's lips, it was something that lasted only briefly, for the mentioning of the term sister had softened the mood again. It was only natural, if they were to be like sisters, Ryuko felt there was no need to sugar-coat words or hold back in remarks and jests. After all, if you couldn't show your true nature around a sibling, then who in the world could?

Ryuko nodded her head lightly in affirmation. "Indeed, the flame within the pendant resonates with the flame of my own life, in that regard should you prove to be in danger the flame will serve both as a warning to me, and a beacon to get to you. Unfortunately us Dragons never really had a proper summoning ritual of sorts, aside from- ah~ perhaps an entertaining thing to teach you while you prepare your gift."

She paused for a moment, sitting a bit more upright as she expressed her intention further. Most often our kin communicates through Dragonspeak, as you can imagine the sound of our roar can traverse vast lands, but more unique is the fact the sound carries a wave of mana that functions quite similar to telepathy. It allows our kin to commune even in far-away distances, but ever since the Age of the Dragons ended it became a tradition lost to time."

She couldn't help but find her eyes alit with interest as she heard Lumikki's answer to her question. "Fascinating~ A warrior brandishing a weapon of Icebergian mythology? I frequently heard the stories of your Uncle's prowess on the battlefield, but that one would dare to challenge him in such a bold fashion..."

She hummed once more, clearly fascinated by both the story and Lumikki's display of her Obscura and the magic touch to the gift she had been preparing. She smiled as she lightly lowered her head forward, as if to beckon Lumikki's to grant her the gift directly after which she nodded her head lightly in response. "It is a feeling I'm somewhat familiar with, even if I could see her any time I desire, any moment spend apart from her makes me feel like a part of me is missing. Funny isn't it? That a Tyranical Dragon could be as love-struck as a maiden."

She chuckled softly, a light shake of her head following at the statement. "But it is true, both statements are a part of who I am. To these who cross my path and are unwilling to bend the knee after their defeat, I will be a tyrant who will crush any hope they still hold, making them realize that after their defeat, mere survival is a blessing... but to these in my care I hope to be a just and fair leader. One that can inspire them to greatness so that even should the day come that I no longer walk among them, that my legacy would endure."

She couldn't help but grin at the next part. "And to my family I am quite protective, willing to stir both Heaven and the Abyss should the need for it come. In the end without them I would have never made it this far. Whether it was because of my father's resolve, Maple's unconditional love for me or even our newly forged bond of sisterhood. It are all bonds I consider precious."

She gazed at the details that were presented of the summoning rite and stifled a soft chuckle. "O mai~ For a moment I forgot that mortals frequently summon Demons for favors. Although next time I call for you it shall be for tea-time instead then~ As entertaining as summoning you out of the blue could be, we both can be quite busy given circumstances at times~ And for the next occasion I shall pick Truth as well."

#28Lumikki 

An audience with the Raven Queen [Lumi] - Page 2 Empty Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:37 pm

Lumikki

"Hmmm is that so? I doubt I could make a roar that spreads so far, or lace it with the mana yer kind once did but if anyone could try to pitch their voice for such a tongue, it would be me. That is, of course, if you ever found the need. Truth be told, I've been fixin' to learn all the languages there is to know here on my spare time. Like learning the cultures, or for you ina sense, enjoying my feathers, it's somewhat lik'a hobby. And in time, I'd be able to mimic yer voice as well. That is, if I could learn it." Lumikki spoke in an assortment of tones, dialects, pitches, and voices. Things she collected over time in her observations. Her friends and close associates being the most clear in execution but she did not bother pulling on any voices her sister did not know. And to the degree the raven Demoness weaved them all together, it was almost as if she became fluent in the craft.

Ryuko's reaction to the tale of her lover brought out the maiden in Lumikki. She never got to gush about love like this before. There was no one for her to tell. She lacked the friends who cared to hear it, and with an astonished face the Demoness finally realized that she lack and girl friends...But what took her out of that thought just a quick as she fell in was what more Ryuko said. "Kukuku, leave it to me Uncle to be known by Gods and Dragons alike. I'm feeling envious....but yes, me lover is a reckless one. I'll have me hands tied keeping him alive till becoming a Demon beside me. She'd sigh happily, though somewhat distraught, she was indeed brimming with joy. It would seem her sister felt the same. This person was now her other half.

"Bittersweet is a woman in love. No race or existence could avoid it should they ever fall into such passions. It makes ye a tyrannical Dragon or frost Demon burning from within. We'd kill for our lovers I'm sure, enough to become maidens for it. Granted, yer the first I've ever spoken to about it. Hardly any maidens here to entertain me fancies. But yer beloved, she's mortal? Are ye not scared? I was with me last love, a mortal who could not even share his short life with me as he had a responsibility to another. It broke me heart but I grit me fangs....and I would've continued that bitter path if I had not met with me Daemon..." She bite at her long talon-like nail, working through her frustrations and bitterness. Gnawing at them hard and mindlessly while Ryuko chimed in further with her feelings and devotions. "I agree dear sister. Family does the same for me... They keep me tethered. They keep me humane, far from the Demon that I am--But! Ye could very well meet for tea. Suppose for ya, ye could call me for whatever. Most don't know about this spell besides the fanatics and occult, but it has its uses. Just beware to call me while I'm in a bath." Lumikki smiled sweetly and pressed her forehead against Ryuko. Sharing an endearing moment before pulling away again. Her question now tight in her lips, but she'd have the truth. "This mortal ye love, Maple? What will ye do with her? Would ye find a way to make her timeless? Or....what will ye do when she passes on from this realm and into another?"

Fast forward:"I'll be daring lass, I'd take another dare."

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#29Ryuko 

An audience with the Raven Queen [Lumi] - Page 2 Empty Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:24 am

Ryuko

Ryuko was fascinated with Lumikki's suggestion of replicating the manner from which Dragon's communicated. She brought a hand to her chin and pondered for a moment. "Although it wouldn't be exactly the same telepathic call, I believe that lacing it with mana and being able to reach far enough could produce a similar effect aye. Although it would require me to practice the act of converting said mana into speech once more. As you can imagine the actual presence of Dragons has diminished a lot so it has been a while since I communed the old way. My father always preferred to commune like mortals did."

She paused for a bit, a nostalgic smile lingering on her lips. "Perhaps next time I will take some time to see if I can teach you to commune like my kin~"

She nodded her head lightly after Lumikki's inquiry about the nature of her lover. "Indeed, Maple is a half-elf, and while she enjoys the longevity of the elven-kin I have to admit I continuously worry about a future without her."

The question she had to answer truthfully was one that left her with a forlorn look, pondering as both the sweet memories and concerns for the future swelled up within her like the tide of the sea. "I have to admit it has been a thought that lingered on my mind plenty of times Lumi-chi~"

She paused for a moment, closing her eyes as she thought about the next part. "Although I have thought plenty of it, it is a choice still her own to make. While there are ways for her to become like me in terms of aging, in fact it would not be too far-fetched to say I can make her become similar to Dragonkin, it is still a choice she has to decide on herself. If she declines the gift, I will likely join her when her time to pass on into the afterlife arrives."

The suggestion of another dare made Ryuko pause for a moment, a soft hum following as she pondered about the invitation to think of something interesting to ask from Lumikki. "Hmm~ a dare... How about this~ I dare you to... sing~ sing me your favorite song."

A smile lingered on her lips as she stated the idea. "I'm quite fond of entertainment like this, and songs often can carry immense emotion with them. Although I can only sing some Joyan songs and a few I learned to memorize in the tongue of humans, sadly it is taking a while for me to master the language of Pergrande, it is quite a handful to learn, but nonetheless quite entertaining. Afterwards I shall indulge you with another dare as well~"

#30Lumikki 

An audience with the Raven Queen [Lumi] - Page 2 Empty Tue Sep 03, 2024 5:28 pm

Lumikki

”Eternal life is a hefty choice to make indeed, and just as heavy to bear. I praise me luck for finding someone rather ambitious, but that is of course if he doesn’t get himself killed because of it….” Lumikki sighed deeply as a deathly tired expression washed over her features. She was learning slowly but surly that caring for others was taxing and perhaps not something she’d enjoy moving forward. Such a shame she’s shackled herself to that very fate as she now watched over her guild mates, and what more, perhaps a nation of people in time. But the Demoness would shake of the eeriness of it all, she knew she’d be the soul to watch over the Hrútr, so these were but test to assure that she could lead a more timeless people in the decades to come.

”Song?…” Lumikki murmured rather blankly, taking her time to understand the request and then ponder a song for which to sing. There were many old songs she adored from her people, and many new ones she’s learned in her time in Fiore; but in the end, she simply decided to go with the first one that came to mind.

The Song in question:

In a somber and melancholy voice, Lumikki sang the song asked of her and despite the sadness in tone, she was pleasantly soothed. While she poured her voice into every word, she thought long and hard for what she could ask back as it was her turn to dare as well.

”I’m curious. Ye’ve come from Joya, so may request is to be brought something Joyan that suits me.” Lumikki leans back as she gave it more thought, but ultimately this was the thread that came her mind. ”I rather like to think Demons and Yokai are fairly related, since ye know more, what would ye say I’d be considered?” Her face was rather perplexed as she was genuinely curious, the frost mage harbored quite the fascination with Joya but was not yet well versed in all their ways.

”If ye choose to entertain the game longer, it would be truth I choose.” Lumikki uttered this with a voice more even than before, the confidence returning back to her tone and her sharp gaze finally back upon the Dragon.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#31Ryuko 

An audience with the Raven Queen [Lumi] - Page 2 Empty Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:25 am

Ryuko

"Something Joyan?" Ryuko pondered, clearly fascinated with the request. For a while she seemed to consider the request carefully, her thoughtful frown showing just how serious she took the request. "Hmm, although it is not something tangible, perhaps I can entertain you by bringing a story~"

She smiled briefly as she leaned back in her seat. "You see, the idea that Youkai are closely comparable to demons is a misconception born from the modernization of their legends." She paused for a bit, letting the thought sink in. "In ancient folklore, and indeed in truth the concept of the terms Kami and Youkai trail to two different groups of entities that are frequently incorrectly linked to angelic beings and demonic ones. Kami was a term mortals used in respect toward other-realmers, quite similar to the modern term of 'God', while Youkai are of origins spiritual beings and range in nature and power as broad as mortals are. Although you might think that I would muse on comparing you to an avian-featured youkai, that would be a discredit to the depth of your wonderous nature and interesting persona~ Nay, you remind me of a particular Youkai I met as a child."

She mused softly as she closed her eyes. "My father Shinryu was often worshipped as a kami as well, although he is a dragon of origins, and as such he too had a temple where people came to pray for his blessings and goodwill. It was during one of these days when the temple was filled with visitors that I dared to take the opportunity to slip out from the watchful gaze of my attendants and went to play in the nearby forests. It was there I met one of my first friends."

She grinned sheepishly as she continued. "They looked like a child from one of the nearby villages, but there was a certain... ephemeral charm to them, a playfulness in her mannerisms and a twinkle of mischief in her eyes, but most curious was the fact that whenever she got excited a glimpse of fox ears bumped from amidst her long locks. Yes, my first friend was... a Kitsune~"

Ryuko smiled at the memory as she explained. "You see, a Kitsune are powerful tricksters, talented in weaving illusions to guile others into a sense of safety, although many might think they are simply mischievous pranksters in truth they are quite... enamored with the concept of friendship and affection, so once you earn the trust of one, you could have a very powerful friend for life, sounds quite fitting, don't you agree my mischievous little sister?" As she added the last part with a smile she leaned a bit forward and attempted to gently poke Lumikki's forehead with her finger.

"Although it is quite rare to meet Youkai nowadays, most of them fled into hiding during the Shogun's Ayame her reign and while the end of the civil war has led to the slow rekindling of their presence in Joya, it is a progress that will take time."

Although for a moment she couldn't help but find a shadow of grief linger over her visage as she recalled the fate of the friend she had mentioned before...

"One more then~ I shall pick a truth as well for the final round, but since you picked truth as well: Entertain me with the following: The people of Iceberg are strong, stubborn but strong, and there are plenty of opportunists who would seek to usurp your attempts to unite the country. How would you deal with such threats? It is a question I ask out of personal interest as well. As you can imagine Pergrande is far from united right now, and many both inside and outside the nation will likely try to oppose my efforts to unite the nation, so I was curious how you would solve such a problem~"

#32Lumikki 

An audience with the Raven Queen [Lumi] - Page 2 Empty Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:47 pm

Lumikki

Full of intrigue, Lumikki nodded profusely as Ryuko offered her a tale. Reading stories was always a fascinating pass time, but they tend to fall short of a retelling told by word of month or even personal ventures.

Without giving it much thought, Lumikki pulled her limbs toward her. Resting her chin on her knees and wrapping her wings around herself like a blanket of feathery cowl. Without much hesitation, Ryoku recanted her gift, bringing Lumi to the dragon’s past so that she may better understand; and better explaining the difference to Yokai and the creature she was.

”Aaah” Lumikki voice, it was more of a meep then any particular response. And as Ryuko brought up the playful children, her head slowly tilted to the side. ”Ooh,” and like the excited girl from the story, some of the smaller wings the adorned Lumi’s head would perk up as she curiously listened. ”Friends for life ye say?” Voice airy like a gasp. There were spirit beings back home in Iceberg but it felt they rarely engaged for anyone besides maybe the Shamans, whose life work was attributed to listening and heeding to those beings. ”Hmmm, how could ye be so sure?” But as the words left her mouth, Ryuko approached rather playfully. Poking Lumikki in the head while she was expecting it. ”Oy,” rather bewildered, the harpy blinked excessively but Ryuko kept going on.

”Huh…” She took a moment to think it over. Everything felt like it was said so fast and so the Demoness had to back track to understand what was asked of her; but when she realized the problem mentioned, she’d respond rather matter-of-factly. ”Oh, yer curious how I’m manage such a feat. Well, it’s both complicated and simple. Ya see the High Jarl is who Iceberg answers to, aye, but it isn’t on him to govern the place alone. The Jarl just beneath him handle their personal territories and simply report back, while the High Jarl handles his city personally as well. For me to gain the role and favor, I’d have to win the vote of all the Jarl’s and their support of me. Not a simple feat, but not burdensome like a war. Of course me people love their conflict, but for the moment, most of the internal battles have been minimal. I would prefer to keep it that way. And if they stand by me, their people would as well. Uuh, well in theory. I wouldn’t be surprised if I find me share of trouble to. Ya see the currently High Jarl is fairly beloved, and me being the creature I am with the magic I possess. It’s hard to say what they’d make of me. But it’s not all hopeless. I come from two prominent families and the likeness of a raven. There is a chance for me yet, should I prove worthy of the venture.”

Lumikki pulled her wings back, and as she did her feathers fell away like ash in the wind. Her skin regressing back to a cool brown tone and her form and figure looking quite human once more. ”Suppose all I have left to ask, is if I do have to fight a war. Would I find ye beside me in battle?”

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
Curtain Call
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum