Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

In a Station so Dapper

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:54 pm

Lumikki

” Is that so? Well it was a long day indeed. Ravens stationed around Borage will let us know what happens to them now.” Lonu, one of Lumikki’s prominent ravens, sat on her left shoulder. He was chatting with her about a mission prior.

” I just never know why something like that is ever worth the trouble. What do they get from doing all that?” Trygve, another one of her ravens who often enjoyed providing council now perched on her right.

” Who cares why foolish humans do as they do, its either detestable or survival.” Lumikki sighed in annoyance, the conversation was bothersome and she would rather forget the morning altogether. The Demoness was in her human form at the time, periwinkle hair and brown skin. A pair of miss matched eyes with the color of the sky and sun up above. She wore a long black dress that trailed behind her, almost wafting like smoke in the air from its edges.

” Are the birds speaking pointless dribble to you again? If you would, I could pluck a feather or two off of them for you. Set them straight when chirping into your ears~ Tenevi, her harpy companion would egg on. Her usually closed eyes would give way just a sliver to pass on her ill intent. Lumi was already shorter than most at four feet, eleven. But the harpy would muster just s foot or so shorter. Though her cold fierceness would hardly be contained in her small vessel.

The two birds took off from Lumi’s shoulders and went to settle on the rooftops much higher above. Meanwhile Lumi would lightly tug at Tenevi’s hair, ” Ye know, they fear ya as it is. They’ll believe ya if ye say it.” The pair would continue walking, making their way down the steps into the station. Orchidia station was more pleasant than one would figure it to be. It seemed almost posh compared to the streets and markets above ground. It may one wonder why there was a need for such contrast, but you wouldn’t pounder it for long once you realized this was just a stop between many more worthwhile. Still, it made for a nice change of setting in a city that she was beginning to get tired of.

” They should, cause I did mean it.” The usual controlled and polite smile on her face was now replaced with smirk. For a moment the harpy was letting true colors show. The Demoness just chuckled it off and the two entered the station. Both walking toward the cafe by the entry before exploring deeper within. Lumi ordered herself an earl grey with a bit of milk and honey as well as a big chocolate cookie to munch on. Tenevi chose to have plain black tea and simple sugar cookies.

And the two would chat on while looking upon those walking among the station.

In a Station so Dapper Img_0212

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#2Ittindi 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:33 am

Ittindi
Spit would hit Ittindi directly on his face splattering the slimy mucus viscously dripping down his left cheek towards his lips, telling of the allergies and cold weather that laid right above their own heads. Taking out his handkerchief from his inside pocket Ittindi would wipe his face and continue in his current endeavor.  At least he relished the fact that his new slim black tuxedo and top hat with a stripe of gold stayed impeccable and even smelled great regardless of the environment. While he was not a fan of some of the citizens it wasn’t his place to kill them, he was a man of the people now, though he did think of his time in calamity where he could have reacted in a more honest way. This wasn’t his first time being spat on by wealthier individuals on or off the job. They thought his foot washing of transients in the station and offering them baths at the garrisons or even bed and breakfasts he worked at part time encouraged them to the city. To be fair they were right Ittindi had built up a reputation wherever he settled there wasn’t too much of a noticeable uptick in census data maybe 2 to 4 percent increase. It wasn’t out of any love for the poor, Ittindi just hated how much they dirtied the surroundings. He wanted everything as clean as possible, and most couldn’t clean correctly doing it out of necessity instead of passion. He’d finish washing the man’s foot and handed him a pass, a system he had come up with some of the bed and breakfast’s he worked part time for. It was a free night at an inn, Ittindi preferred to be paid this way for his work, his Rune Knight salary being more than adequate for fueling his lifestyle that mixed with his savings.

He adjusted his M collar still growing use to the lack of a bowtie or ascot. If he ever encountered a master tailor he’d need to inquire where to find cloth strong enough to make him a suit similar to this one, perhaps with more color options enchanted into it. A couple meters away some of his privates snickered, they all found his habits odd, a large portion of his garrison would be in the station. Another fault of human condition, the station was a transfer point for many, and as a result was the place where one would most likely be spotted by a reporter for doing good. Ittindi couldn’t blame the Knights who came here hoping for their big break, afterall Ittindi only ascended the rank at breakneck speeds because of his strength. He saw little difference in his strength versus someone using politics or clout they were all using whatever means necessary to accomplish their goals.  Thinking back to his last encounter with the Young Master, he knew that his strength needed to somehow outpace his lest he succumb more to that otherworldly evil.

That’s when one of his more favored employers would wave Ittindi over to a quaint café. Ittindi had spent many hours working here, they had a homely eloquence, and the owner cleaned the café herself. She was one who understood the art of cleaning, something lost to most as such he had great respect for her.

”Oh, Seargent you know you could always arrest someone for assaulting you when they spit on you. Or at least take them down, I remember you using your magic on that one thief so I know you’re capable.”

She of course misunderstood the situation Ittindi hadn’t stopped the thief with magic for her sake. No, the man had committed one of the worse sins he didn’t wipe his shoes before coming into the café getting mud everywhere. Then on top of that stealing, well some things needed to be rectified and if given a good reason Ittindi wouldn’t hesitate. His pride wasn’t attached to something as silly as his own face that could be cleaned with a simple swipe of a cloth. Still, he liked to let people make assumptions about him, very few knew what he really thought of the world.

”Think nothing of it Madam, tell me will you need anyone to help with the winter festival coming up? I have the day off and wouldn’t mind helping you at the café I imagine it’ll be busy with all the travelers for the holidays.”

Not too far from the two Ittindi saw a woman in an elegant black dress, to many chose to highlight their features through lack of clothing. Instead, this woman let the cloth do the talking something he could admire, though they traveled with a non-human, some kind of creature with wings. They both looked clean enough, and Ittindi could respect a creature who took their tea in the true form no additives.

#3Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:54 am

Lumikki

” What’s he doing there?” Tenevi would inquire, her sharp eyes were on a man kneeling in a suit just behind her master. Doing something the harpy was not quite privy to understand. She broke off a sugar cookie in her mouth while she waited for Lumi to finally glance over and explain. All the while slowly bringing her cup of tea slowly to her lips as well.

” Hmmm, ye could say he’s just providing ‘em a service. He cleans off their shoes for a the price he sets. Some of the folk down here are quite particular on their image as oppose to those from atop. Most down here aren’t like the Orchidians for better and worst, though I didn’t think any did that anymore.” Her tea was almost to her lips as she sighed her words, but she halted from taking a sip in a moment longer. ” Hmmm….what an odd sort….I didn’t figure someone of their stature would entertain such a job.” Lumikki finally looked him over properly, letting her World’s eyes settle in enough to get the gist of the man as his work. The Demoness watched on long enough to gaze at the disgruntled customer and get irritated at the lack of retaliation. Yet the man at work would continue on as if nothing happened and the Demoness only became more curious for it.

” Do you see something in him?” Tenevi inquired as she finished another sip of her tea. The harpy was quite curious of what could be in Lumi thoughts, never knowing what could be on her mind.

” Only that he’s odd for a human. But that says nothing.” Her eyes trailed after the man who left instead. She was curious of what mischief she could pull in his life but had to settle with subtly slicking the floor in frost and causing him to fall in the way side.

By the time Lumi noticed the man she first followed along, he had come to the cafe. His familiarity with the owner wasn’t out of place, and with his dress, she figured he would be the kind to make friends of the sort. And so her attention would ebb back to her snack, if it were not the mention of a winter festival.

” Winter festival?” Lumi uttered out loud, chiming in without expecting to. ” How did I not figure they’d be one?” She gestured to Tenevi to ask for her and the harpy would comply.

As she approached, Tenevi would beckon for their attention. Giving a slight nod before asking them her question. ” Mind if you tell me the days of the festival?” Or any details worth noting?

Tenevi as mentioned before, was short. With two wings along her waist and two more as arms with talons on its end. Her feathers were various shades of deep purple, pale blues, and mints. And her shoulders were adorn with fabrics. Tenevi bore the face akin to a person, and a hair cut into a bob. Eyes shut tight from the world and all that could see her. She looked up high to the others to gather the answers for her Revna in a polite tone.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#4Ittindi 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:11 pm

Ittindi
Ittindi was just about to continue his small talk when the peculiar humanoid with wings approached him. Ittindi not one to be rude, had no problem tipping his top hat at her as she inserted herself into the conversation asking about the Winter festival. He of course would do his best to sell the  appeal of the café on such a day. A small favor for someone so deserving, though the sight of wings reminded him of his Young Master in their latest battle. That appalling demon form, he seemed to grow closer to darkness every day, and Ittindi still was far from finding a cure. Well far implied he had found anything, but that didn’t mean he’d give up so easily.

”Why greetings Young Lady, well you see the Winter Festival is barely a fortnight away. Now picture this snow all around outside, blanketing the world and here one small refuge with warm beverages and the ambience of solitude an escape from the dreary world of travelers. Still close enough to observe the good and ignore the bad, then if it so suits you, you can even wait for one of the vacancies on the train for a cheap surprise trip to some far off land. Or you could partake in the festivities above ground and then come here for a small break. Either way I’d be please to serve you on any of the days of the festival.”

As Ittindi spoke it would become very apparent to Tenevi that he was a member of the Rune Knights from the golden ankh tattooed on his tongue.  Ittindi had to admit that Tenevi seemed to be very polite and carried herself with a decorum fitting of a high member of society. No doubt they were a member of the guild or a slave to an esteemed master, that of course was none of his business. He was only interested in serving those at the café. While occasionally his eyes would dart around the station, if watched closely you could see Ittindi eye’s snapping to the position of his different Rune Knights in the station.

While he was their superior he preferred to let them engage in their own tasks. He was only there to babysit not lead, he didn’t find many worthy of his leadership, better to let them think they’re the superior knight. People were much more honest when they believed they held the deck. So far he had encountered a ring of corruption in Era. He doubted there’d be such a sophisticated ring here. Ittindi was still surprised by his lack of running into his Young Master he knew that his guild made home in this city. Then again when they were in the same guild he rarely visited the guild hall, so it fit his priorities.

While he had already met one member of his guild when training, a fit man named Alexandre. He hadn’t bothered to ask him if he knew of the Young Master, after all he didn’t know many of the Rune Knights. He had met Tōga, Primula and Averie but besides them just low privates and former members that offered him work.

#5Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:42 pm

Lumikki

As Tenevi approached the pair and began to inquire, Lumikki would keep her gaze on the man towering above her companion. The Demoness made a note of his demeanor but she could not put a talon to how she found him so darn familiar. Even with his name in her thoughts, she could not quite yet say. And so she would repeat it in her mind while watching the eyes of Ittindi dart about. His gaze often falling on those he must align with as they’ve gone about their tasks and hers follow along to meet his focus while willing the shadows to trip and embarrass. Making them look as though they’ve tripped on nothing or dropped things carelessly. The Demoness snickered with every victim until finally a realization halted her mischief.

Aaaah yeeees, he’s from his memories….so that is what it was…. The Demoness sluggishly looked back to the man once she made her epiphany, a new found curiosity urged her to interact with him more than mere observing. And so Lumikki would rise and walk over so that she could enter the conversation at hand. Her black simple black dress trailing and wafting from behind her.

” Greetings, I could hardly hold back from jumping in the conversation. See I’ve yet to celebrate winter outside of me homeland and now l’ve become quite curious.” Her voice was smooth and soft yet assertive. And her eyes were sparkling with mischief while still being sharp and keen.

” Forgive me, yer a Runeknight yes? Yet ye look so removed from what I’m used to from around here.” Lumi leaned forward slightly as she spoke, looking up to Ittindi who was much taller. Her head was somewhat tilted to emphasize her question.

Lumikki’s guild mark was usually visible on her thigh as she usually didn’t cover it often but she was in the mood that day to wrap a lot of darkness around her. There was no telling where she came from, let alone a guild unless someone local was there to point her out. Lumi had built up enough reputation to be recognized but she always assumed she was a nothing in others eyes. And it was how she preferred it. Obscured from the awareness of others unless either of them decided to make it otherwise. But even if the man before her was from elsewhere, he was a Runeknight all the same. She was sure they talked among themselves, yet she figured she would still go unnoticed for a little longer.

” Are there more local treasures in the winter ye could reveal to me? I’d love to hear about them.”

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#6Ittindi 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:25 am

Ittindi
Ittindi had a hard time keeping his demeanor stoic as he observed the Rune Knights in the station, so concerned they were with their public persona that they were tripping over flat ground. One even dropped some luggage he was helping a wealthier women carry. It was poetic, if not for the fact that he was facing potential customers. Ittindi’s attention being drawn in multiple directions it as no surprise when another individual approached they were both a tad shorter than Ittindi. He was an average height; use to looking down on women but they weren’t typically this much shorter. He made care when looking down to only make eye contact for a couple seconds before focusing on their forehead, a skill to never look at anyone’s body. He had been hit more than once for that in his butler training, it wouldn’t do for a butler to ever outwardly judge another’s appearance. Perception is reality, the words drilled into him by the head butler at the end of sharp words and blunt objects. Ittindi couldn’t quite place the accent, but it was a foreign, which meant the winged lady was probably a slave or servant. Ittindi didn’t see any guild marks on either so unless they were dark mages it was unlikely that was their connection.

”You’re not the first to say that to me Madam, but in my eyes service is service. I don’t think great service is something reserved for the wealthier of society, all should enjoy it in that pursuit I’ve become a Rune Knight. But more importantly that’s part of the experience you can expect here, regardless of class, species or any other discriminating factor. We invite all to be greeted by fusion of luxury with a taste of home.”

Ittindi would pause here for a second thinking of possible local events in the city. Truth be told besides working at random cafes, bed and breakfasts, and bars Ittindi’s only other hobbies were more cleaning, training and roaming through the forest. He had thought he would hate the North at his first assignment, but the huge swaths of forest more than made up for the lack of finer society. Now that he was talking to Lumikki something about her heterochromia seemed familiar, he remembered a famed member of Paradise Dawn having it, but they had a much different appearance.  Mainly not being a human and this women was obviously one to Ittindi, he had thought to meet with he guild but decided against it. They were the main reason the Rune Knights had such a weak presence here, though their methods could sometimes be as cruel as his Young Master at his worse.

” Well as for events Madam, I’m afraid I don’t often participate myself. Locally I think the forest looks quite beautiful around this time of the year I’d say to hire a mage from Paradise Dawn for protection and take a stroll through it. The contrast of the green with the snow is quite a sight to behold especially if you manage to catch the sunset.”

#7Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:59 pm

Lumikki

Lumi never ceased her mischief in the presence of Ittindi, rather she would play as if she kept happening to glance just as his fellow Knights had faulted. Their stumbling mistakes still played in the background of their conversation albeit less frequently than before. And with the Demoness among them, Tenevi would shift her attention back to Lumi. The harpy was content to help sort the details of the festival so that the pair could look forward to enjoying it.

" The concept of service, at least in this regard is still fairly new to me. The ways of me land don't function as much as this one has. But the point ye make I could concur is a noble one. One does not like needless disparity unless it is deserved and the matter of species could be a tricky one, aye. It's almost entertaining observing humans among themselves, let alone with those they deem other. Yet I see yer another Rune Knight I've met who seems so dedicated to their concept of the greater good." She smiled as she spoke the last of it, wondering what more he had to say about himself and the passions he pursued. Meanwhile, another knight fell to the ground just a few meters from them and Lumi turned to chuckle.

" Spirited aren't they?" Lumi mused. " You could say that, but they aren't as sprung as the flame eater." Tenevi answered before turning back to Ittindi amused herself. " Hire someone from the Dawn, whatever for? Could you imagine hiring your Uncle Revna?" The harpy was not aware of Lumi's desire to be kept unknown, so the Demoness could not blame her companion. All she could do was continue to play along.

" I could picture the look of his face now." She slightly chuckled as she spoke but she moved the conversation back to include him. " Aye, I could take yer suggestion and match it with one of me own. Frozen waterfalls are another splendid sight that only winter could provide. If ye ever visit Fjallgard in Iceberg then ye could witness it for yerself. Though I think I might have a desire to freeze the ones by Sieghart mountains." Lumikki pulled herself back to give it some thought, she never actually mulled over something like this. Would it be mischief? If so, it only entertained her more. But it brought her a desire to make an event out of it.

" Oh! But interesting of ye to bring up a walk in the forest as yer suggestion. I would have never thought that is what ye'd find a treasure." She jerked back from her thoughts and looked back to him as she remembered. Wondering if he would explain his reasons now that she mentioned her curiosity. Someone dressed like him would never come across as an outdoorsy person to her.

" And you spoke as if you've done it here before in the winter. Would that mean I could ask you about the better locations? The cold doesn't bother us, nor do the steep paths. Perhaps this could keep my Revna entertained this passing winter." Tenevi was very eager to begin planing and so his input would make a decent start.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#8Ittindi 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:55 pm

Ittindi
Ittindi would continue to keep a neutral face, people seemed to assume his service was meant to be for the greater good. In a way that was one way to view it, but the only good Ittindi saw in the world was cleanliness it was akin to godliness in his book. His passion for being the greatest butler in the world was rooted in that. He hoped that by being an inspiration he’d inspire more into the cleaning arts out of passion instead of need. If people thought that was good he wouldn’t dispel their illusion, though he was curious to which Rune Knight she was speaking of. That’s when his thought would be struck from his head by another Rune Knight fumbling. At this point Ittindi wondered if there were some famed member of a guild or nobility that was planning on being in the station today. He couldn’t think of another reason why so many seemed to be so nervous or inattentive to keep falling on their faces. He’d see Lumikki’s eyes dart to the nearest one, probably wondering how anyone could trust people so inept at even walking.

”Please excuse the Knights under my wing, I’m not sure what has them so flustered today. I suspect someone important is visiting or on their way, they’re all hungry for promotions.”

That’s when he’d hear the harpy speak of the uselessness of hiring a mage from Paradise Dawn. Even worse that it appeared one of the members was the young woman’s uncle. Revna was a familiar name, Ittindi wondered if it was from the bounty board or a noble family. Sometimes it turned out to be both, in any case it would probably be her uncle who was the trouble, she didn’t strike Ittindi as someone who was looking to harm others. Though he had been wrong about that before, he wasn’t exactly a great judge of character, if people were polite that was good enough for him. He knew with the next rank the gun under his left armpit would be able to identify criminals. Ittindi wasn’t looking forward to that day, up until now he had used malicious ignorance to ignore hunting down criminals. He wouldn’t have much of an excuse when the bounty  board was on his fingertips. Their would always be the excuse of him saying he didn’t need to draw his gun, but in combat that excuse would falter. Luckily at last glance his Young Master hadn’t acquired a bounty since his imprisonment by the leader of the Rune Knights. He of course didn’t mention to him that he knew about that in their last meeting.

”Revna, I’ve heard that name before…Is your family perhaps nobility? Either way it matters little Lady Revna, Iceberg has been suggested to me twice in fact. The first was the woman who inducted me into the Rune Knights bless her heart, most turned me down they wouldn’t believe I had honest intention in joining.”

Ittindi thought back to all the trouble he had joining the Rune Knights in the first place. He had made sure to spend a vast amount of his savings to ensure that his reputation in the dead guild sleeping calamity had been erased from the record. At times he thought the specter of one of the members must be haunting him for his lack of recruitment. That was until he met Averie, she was still the only necromancer he had met, but even so she was one of the nicer mages interested in knowledge like he was in cleaning.

”Well, Lady Revna, you don’t strike someone interested in perusing cleaning tools and mixes during the winter sales, but I do enjoy Nature despite how dirty it can be. Its possibly my affinity is due to my magic. A simple one silk threads, I’ve found they can be quite useful.”

Ittindi had met Alexandre the last time he had walked through the forest, and he while Tenevi mentioned that they weren’t scared of any danger Ittindi would feel responsible if he read any news about their passing. So he’d temper his words carefully trying his best not to insult the pair.

”Well the best spots for me are in the Deep Green, but I wouldn’t suggest traveling there. There are many tales of people getting lost in there, but the trees are so large it’s a sight to see in the winter. It really puts in perspective how small of creatures we are compared to Mother Nature. The outskirts of the city also has a stream that’s beautiful as well, and if it’s frozen you might even see people skating there. I could mark it down for you Ladies if you have a map handy. Otherwise I can just give you directions directly to the stream.”

If they asked more about the Deep Green Ittindi wouldn’t be able to give exact locations. He didn’t know if the forest itself was magical, but he never had managed to find the same spot twice. While he never had a problem leaving, at least not yet. He had caught one or two illegal lumberjacks trying to take advantage of the lack of regular patrols and large trees. All of them had claimed to become lost in the forest for weeks at points. It only added to his thought that there was a guardian of the forest.

#9Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:05 pm

Lumikki

” Oh right, I forget yer guild has promotions to it. Suppose mercenaries somewhat develop ranks of their own but no where near as formal. Still, it’s quite entertaining to see them tumble.” She left them alone for now so that they could work on saving face. Now that he finally acknowledged the knight’s slip ups, there was a need to ease the suffering she was inflicting to their images.” Though earning reputation from the work ye do is far easier than kissing up don’t ye gather?” Her eyes lingered on his men before finally trailing back to him. His face was very maintained for a person who you would think appearances mattered. Ittindi seemed like a hard person to read naturally if she didn’t have the insight that she did. But she was beginning to wonder just how much she wanted to see a reaction on his face.

Lumikki possessed the World eye, a gift that already made her aware of others as if they garnered a massive reputation. It was often how she often knew things about others that she herself had no right to know. Besides the ravens of hers spying on all who are around. But for him, he was a special a case. It was through the exchange of memories she had between Knuckles, his Young Master, that made him feel so familiar.

” Is me title as Revna really becoming known? It’s both entertaining and displeasing to hear, but then again yer a knight, so ye’d hear of me eventually. Tōga and the pup from central know me, and if ye know them, it’s probably where ye’ve heard it. But if ya know me by any name at all, most commonly I’m called by Lumikki. She pulled back her posture and caused the shadows of her dress to spit, causing a slit to form in her dress and expose her thigh. The mark of Paradise Dawn would be revealed in a cyan blue. It was bright against the brown of her skin and darkness of her dress. She left the alteration to her gown alone, simply making it a change in the style and then proceeding to speak.” I should of known ye’d come to the North, but I figured it would be no time soon. Either way, it a pleasure to meet ye Ittindi.”

Tenevi, who was quiet until now, would interject in confusion. ” Did the ravens make note of him?” She wasn’t aware of what Lumikki knew and why.

” No, more like a result from yer favorite person.” Tenevi, who like Ittindi was keen on keeping her composure, but the mention of that made her facade slip and the displeasure was clear on her face. It would only last for a moment before she pulled back to a disinterested expression. And for the moment she didn’t know what to do with herself.

” Silk threads as a magic? That sounds fascinating but then again I rarely encounter other mages. Are the threads strong?” Lumikki said, hoping to push on the conversation. She knew Tenevi wasn’t pleased, but she rarely was in matters like this. ” I often forget how small I am compared nature, but it is usually by the ocean or being underground that I am reminded. There is a pleasing sensation one could get from encountering an overwhelming force, only to be allowed the pleasure of being left alone. But if nature, any aspect of it, wanted to crush ye in its grasp? It could. The tundra would be me favorite force to settle in if I had a choice. It’s the only one that I don’t mind existing within. Tenevi, could ye gather the tea and drinks?” Lumikki would ask of her before sitting down at the empty table just beside them, crossing her legs as she got comfortable in her new seat. There were four chairs available on this table unlike her last on that only sat two. And as the harpy gathered the things, Lumikki gestured to him to sit down.

” Please join me. Offer me the service or yer company for a moment longer.” She turned to one he was speaking to before.” I’m sorry I stole him away, but I promise to make it up to ye. This cafe is becoming quite a cozy location for me, so I’ll be sure to come mor often especially during the festivities. And if it’s no bother, I’d appreciate more tea and another cookie.”

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#10Ittindi 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:11 pm

Ittindi
Ittindi would listen to Lady Revna talk about the nature of promtions within other guild as well as make a comment about the nature of promtions. On this point they couldn't be further apart on reasoning. They were already claiming to be a customer, so Ittindi didn't see the point in hiding his own opioion. Afterall, Ittindi needed to gauge this lady's reaction to blunt honesty. It was a good indicator to what kind of noble he was dealing with. Some preffered it and she struck Ittindi as one of those, but if he was wrong there's nothing some public conflgration couldn't fix, Ittindi could beg with the best of them for forgiveness. That's all the nobles of that type really wanted, was to know that they were beyond reproach and on a different level than those who served them. He was prepared for either outcome as he spoke his words.

”Well, I'm not so sure about that Lady Revna, I prefer those who are ambitious. I don't see the difference between being ambitious through boot licking versus power or any other means. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is the will to achieve one's goal. “

After answering her question he'd continue to listen when she mentioned that she had met Tōga. While Ittindi had a couple of adventures with him, recently one that would have him and his master fighting at another battleground. He did consider him an ally, though his need for no honorifics bothered him. Who didn't respect the position they earned through hard work? It was probably something to do with his innate power as a dragon slayer maybe he felt unworthy?  That's when she'd introduce herself by a different name while showing him that she was a member of Paradise Dawn, the guild that the Young Master had joined. That's when Tenevi would speak up, and the response that Lumikki would give made Tenevi's face contort, in a most common manner. Ittindi had served the Young Master for many years, and even after they separated most that met him made the same face Tenevi did at his mention. Ittindi would chuckle at Tenevi's facial expression no matter how far across the globe he traveled his Master's reputation always preceded him. Something that he hoped to fix eventually.

”Ah I see Lady Lumikki, so you know of my Young Master Shi. The threads themselves are more sharp than strong, but when weaved it can be durable enough. Lately I've been working on my marksmanship since making sergeant and getting one of the newly minted guns.”

Lady Lumikki would continue to talk, discussing nature. Ittindi wasn't inclined towards the frost, but he could see the appeal of a clean icey landscape. That was when she would invite him to sit down with her and Tenevi, while Ittindi wasn't completely inclined to relax around his men he did like the idea of selling more to a future patron. His men had fallen enough on the job that who would mind him taking a seat, if they decided to snitch he'd mention all their clumsiness today. Sitting down at the table he wouldn't place an order, the owner knew his preference for tea. It was always the same order a simple black tea the same as Tenevi. It wouldn't take to long for the owner to bring Ittindi a cup. He'd let it sit for a bit, he had often burned his tongue being to impatient  for a good tea.

”So Lady Lumikki, so far I haven't encountered to many members of Paradise Dawn  just Alexandre and the Young Master. Is it a very conflict driven guild? So far you all seem to be very polite in person I'm having a hard time understanding why the Young Master is interested in it.”

#11Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:00 pm

Lumikki

When Ittindi retorted back with his view on ambition, Lumikki hardly batted an eye. A conflict in view didn't bother her, she nearly always expected it. Besides as far as she could figure, it would become less and less her place to pester humans on such a matter as time races by. How they choose to climb their silk thread out of Hel would be their choice and theirs alone. She too needed to reforge her role in this world as she was not meant to be here. Not as she is at least. " Fair assertion then friend. We all choose our roads to toil but that one won't be mine."

During Lumi's exchange with Tenevi, she never would have thought such a thing would bring a chuckle out of him. Or that she would be afforded a sliver of informality. This made a small smirk creep on her face as she was already thoroughly amused, but just like Tenevi snapped back to a more neutral expression, Lumi didn't want to linger in this one for so long.

" Markmenship ye say?" She'd gasp in soft exciment. She had already taken her seat and invited him to join her. After she placed her next order, she went on with her enthusiasm. Pulling what looked like a stray thread of darkness from a shadow cast on the table, just to help visualize her proceeding point." I could admire one who've dedicated themselves to their craft. As me people raised me with fond respect for such. I too can understand finding a thread in one's magic, as I had often perceived the dark to be like fabric meself." She swiped her hand over the shadow and pulled out a small veil. With her precision, one would really have taken it to be as such, but not the dark that it truly was. It was a technique she trained for a spell of hers and a skill she ended up using often. To the point, she usually walks around shrouded in shadows.

" Me mother is a seamstress and so some of her work must have rubbed off on me. It would be her that I give the honor of learning to appreciate such a thing." As Lumi opened up her hand to drop the veil, it dissipated in the air as if it were smoke. She watched it fade before returning to matter perhaps that he would find more interesting but her giddiness remained. " Congratulations making sergeant. I'm sure ye work ye worked hard and well for it. But it could hardly be surprising, ye look over the men stationed here quite attentively." Lumi's posture was already pulled back and her legs were crossed but she was starting to relax once more. Her eyes swept over the other knights and passengers of the station. " And yes, I know of yer Young Master. It was nice to meet ye first, but I'd leave him to speak of thoughts of me."

Lumikki heard the owner return with more tea and treats and so she happily looked over. Watching as each cups were placed down on the table just before the woman moved on. Lumi reached out her hand to the space between them all, swiping her hand down to lightly tap the surface. The air displaced by the motion chilled all the cups as it passed through, cooling the tea to a perfect temperature to get started. " Don't mind me impatience, but I never enjoyed waiting long to dig in. Ye'd find yers should be cool enough to drink as well so it would be best to join me." She took a long sip of her freshly made tea, savoring the flavor. She always enjoyed the strong flowery notes in her brew and it was one of the few times she thought heat enjoyable.

Once the Demoness got her fill, she finally entertained his inquiry. But not before tripping another Rune Knight who had gotten too close to their table. Her eyes went to meet him before trailing back to Ittindi, full of life as always but flashing in and out of its true colors of fushia and shimmering purple. " We're polite when we want to be. Alexandre so happens to be older and more mature for it. Yer Young Master well...he is fascinating. The first thing he did upon reaching our Guildhall was challenge the Angel of all beings to battle, only to fight me Uncle Brone instead. But no worries, I was the first to greet him and it was as warm as I could muster." She giggled softly while reaching for her new cookie, taking a big bite and enjoying it before she went on. " Some of us are rude, well quite a few are...but some of us are sweet. But he probably likes us because he believes we'd be the best path to power. Which, he isn't quite wrong, aye. I for one am seeing to it that he gets that wish of his granted and for that, he has seemed to take quite some liking to me. Can't say the man's one noted, I'd admit that. Bolstering to attack the Dawn one day and keeping me company on missions the next. But the storms of his are pretty electrifying to have around and for the most part he fits right in. Maybe it would bring ya peace to know that, or more so from knowing he won't be as aimless as he was before. " She took another long sip of her tea.

" Oh but if you ever want to dra-escort him out of the North simply call out to me and I'll assist you. Would be a shame if he was neglecting his duties elsewhere and my Revna is then fine with me alone." Teveni smiled politely, almost sweetly as she spoke. She was hoping to find a partner in him if it meant ridding herself of Knuckles. She didn't mind the man, he's done well by Lumikki so far. But the closeness of it all made her sick to her stomach and so she would rather to be without him all together.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#12Ittindi 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:40 pm

Ittindi
It was as Ittindi had surmised, Lady Lumikki didn't mind his honesty. He wasn't sure if she enjoyed it either, but he was starting to catch on that she didn't see herself as human. It made Ittindi wonder if she had some other race o if she was something darker, perhaps like his young master. She seemed excited as his mention of his recent endeavor into marksmanship, his gun warm against his ribcage under his left armpit holstered. It gave him a serene since of comfort, he wondered if that would continue after it would unlock its next capability. The men in the area for the most part had relaxed, there was one that had still tripped as they came closer, Ittindi didn't see any evidence of tampering. Then again there could be a mage with seal less magic like his own, not something he advertised, it was also something that he'd have to grow accustomed too, he used too give more demonstrations of his magic's capabilities.

Ittindi would watch as Lady Lumikki demonstrated her magic, it had similar elements to his. Except instead of nature it seemed to be the essence of darkness, Ittindi wondered more about what Lady Lumikki's species. He'd have to save that question for his Young Master they had discussed going on a job, first Ittindi had to find one that wouldn't result in someone's death. That tended to happen, and the higher in ranks he climbed the more scrutiny that would follow, he wasn't exactly respected in the Rune Knights for his demeanor and goals. As the conversation shifted back towards Ittindi she'd make a light mention of his Young Master among other things. 

”Sadly, there's only one way to promotions for me through strength, they don't trust me enough for brownnosing or leadership to work. I suspect that if you have power my Young Master has respect for you. I believe I'm still the only exception to that rule, unless you are dating each other, why that would set my heart aflutter to find him trying to create a family.”

As Lady Lumikki put her hands over the tea mentioning that it was the perfect temperature . Ittindi would take a sip, savoring the taste and perfect temperature, while also more curious about Lady Lumikki's magic. He thought it was darkness at first, but perhaps now it was wind? Maybe ice? Some kind of combination, he'd wait to see if the conversation went there before brutishly diving into questions about combat. He was only interested for the sake of tea, but anytime he asked about other's magic it typically went to combat. Except for when he met Lady Mimi she was more interested in fashion, he wondered how she was doing. Blue Pegasus wasn't one of the guilds he planned on visiting anytime soon. Next he wanted to see the guild of history, but there was time for that.  

Listening to Lady Lumikki's recount of how his Young Master joined the guild tracked with his behavior. It took many years of Ittindi delving into despair to stop worrying so much about his life choices. He knew that it was an exercise of futility to control someone else's actions, and even if he could would he still value the Young Master if he could control him? It did make him happy to hear that he was fitting in, albeit in his own unique way. That was something that hadn't happened in the guild he had joined with him, that place was one of domination more than companionship. Ittindi's thought from earlier about Lady Lumikki and his Young Master having impropriety only grew with her story. While she was smaller than he had hoped, there was hope that she could bear children mages were typically tougher. Dreams of little Young Masters flocking around a house with him in an apron, food ready excuse on the other hand for why their father left them for another fight. Ittindi could picture it, it was hard to keep his neutral face. His play world was only strengthened by Lady Tenevi's response that she'd help him if he ever needed to take his Young Master somewhere. Hopefully he wouldn't need to take him to jail anytime soon, or worse to the council. So far they had avoided any large notice, and Ittindi still refused to face the idea of having to help take down his Young Master. Would he abandon his dream for his? Ittindi would rather not find out, better to foster stronger legal guild relationships for him. That'd at least keep him out of his legal sights.

”Well if that day does ever come Lady Tenevi, I would gladly accept your help. It hopefully doesn't but with my Young Master, the only thing I can expect is to be surprised. I am quite pleased to hear he is fitting in well. In his quest for power he can become rather…impatient, but I do love him regardless. He's a spot above family to me.”

#13Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:03 am

Lumikki

As she brought the cup to her lips to take another sip of her tea, Lumikki the Demon of frost and cold, froze at the mention of creating a family. She just hung there for a moment until her muscles loosened again to move one more, opting to lay the cup back down before breaking the spell.

It was not that she didn’t enjoy the company of his Young Master, nor did any of this surprise her considering the bond shared merged the two a bit. But it was the blunt remark and his sincere desire mixed with the sudden reminder of such intimacy, it was what harbored such a reaction from her. The Demoness was not yet honest with her feelings and she wasn’t sure how to navigate them. Luckily Tenevi had gotten to talking and it alleviated her tension, but the Demoness promptly pulled at her harpy’s hair. Not enough to hurt her, but to settle the point to stop.

” Yer too much Vee, no need to make alliances.” Lumi turned back from Tenevi to grab her tea once more. Taking a deep breath before entertaining another sip and calming down. With a deep sigh Lumikki spoke once more.” Aaah well then.” Her face grew hot as her blood flushed her cheeks. The Demoness was blushing but she didn’t want to show it. And so her brown skin would almost fade into her usual shade of midnight. Lumikki rose a hand to her cheek while she tried to stave off her embarrassment. ” I’ve considered lil ones, aye, but I doubt he’d want any and I’m not sure I want to carry any soon. There is danger in the world I’d like to cull before I unleash lil monsters of me own.” Lumi went back to her tea to occupy her month. Not wanting to speak on the matter more than that as she wasn’t sure what else to say. This was not a conversation she expected to have. The most she hoped was to tease the man and get to know him. But she could attempt to return it to a topic that she could handle fine.

” I see Paradise Dawn like a family meself, and so with Knuckles among us, that extends to him and what’s his. I may not act out of the kindness of me heart, but loyalty is ingrained in what I do. However ye choose to see me, ya could consider me a friend. So if ye find ya need some help on a task, send a raven me way and I can look over the venture. I’m sure one of yer caliber appreciates connections, as for me, I enjoy the entertainment of passing time.” As a Demon, one would live for a long time. It was because of this what she often extended her service, part to entertain her as she filled the passing years, part to weave herself further in this world and grow her power and presence. She wanted to eventually become deeply engrained to matters of value.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#14Ittindi 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:13 pm

Ittindi
Ittindi would continue sipping on his tea rather calmly, it had been a while since he sat down and relaxed with another. The majority of his adventurers with others always seemed to turn into violent adventures. He pondered when was the last time him and the Young Master sat down for tea, it had to of been years at this point. Back when he was being recruited for that guild probably. Lady Lumikki seemed to be lost in thought for just a brief second before pulling the hair of her harpy friend. It reminded him of children he'd see on the street sometimes, they'd pull other people's hair shouting silly things like Yaga. He wondered if Lady Tenevi and Lumikki were childhood friends or just a bond that was forged in trauma and trust. It wasn't something that'd he have a polite way of asking instead listening to Lady Lumikki chastise her friend. While also explaining that while not completely off the field family building wasn't in the immediate future.

”Ah I see, then I won't push the thought further. There are many dangers in the world, so I can sympathize greatly.”

Lady Lumikki’s cheeks had turned a weird color, Ittindi pondered if it was from the tea or the thought of a family with his Young Master. Either way he'd store her as a maybe for when he bothered him next. He knew that they had planned on going on an excursion together, no doubt he wanted to test Ittindi's new gun. To be honest Ittindi was rather looking forward to it despite their usual penchant for finding themselves in battle together. As Lady Lumikki switched subject, she offered her services to Ittindi. He found it quite endearing, he remembered that was one of the benefits of being in a mage guild. They had a habit of being a lot closer than the formality of the Rune Knights. Ittindi's goals hadn't changed though, he could of joined another guild with his Young Master. However, he found that last time he stagnated becoming part of a family unit. Here in the Rune Knights he had found purpose, though a lack of comaradie, indeed he felt more like a babysitter most days. When trying to become the world's greatest butler it was probably more practical to feel that way. He'd take another sip before responding to Lady Lumikki. 

”I indeed value all networking opportunities, and as long as its legal I can assist you as well. If its more legally grey I'd suggest bringing along my Young Master if you need my assistance. I'm afraid he's the only one I typically make exceptions for in that area. Though some things I'd rather not know about. Plausible deniability is a powerful friend.”

Ittindi didn't mind revealing something that was already obvious to him. Though he doubted that a Rune Knight would be on your mind for help when doing anything illegal. That didn't stop his Young Master from considering the worse when around him. He was reminded of his time trying to stop those gangs in Era. Ittindi was glad that his Young Master had left that organization, he hadn't even learned their name.

#15Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:35 am

Lumikki

” Oh yes, many dangers indeed. I’ll be sure to rely on the Rune Knights to quell them. But it’s endearing to see how much ye care for yer Young Master and the prospect of his family. Such things are quite important in me clans of the homeland as well, but I won’t bore ye with such pointless details.” She was recovering from her embarrassment but a light chill hung in the air as she was trying to cool off from being so flustered. She was happy to recover quickly but more do to distance herself from that sensation all together. And so she kept to sipping some more of her tea to avoid the thing getting colder than she wanted.

” Oh ye have nothing to worry there mate. Even if I were one to handle in such shadier matters, anyone worth their salt in that work would know its best to keep it in the dark. Sides, those would be worries for me alone. But having one to ask more in depth about Fiore’s laws never hurts.” She broke of pieces from her cookie as she spoke, nibbling on the smaller pieces when she could. Tenevi offered one of her surgery cookies to the Demoness, which she happily accepted.

” I suppose it would be yer Young Master that draws ye to the North, aye? It’s odd that someone who cares as much as ya do would reside elsewhere, but then again, I’m aware he could be a handful. Do ye stay in Central? I have yet to really slug around this country all the much, but I’m hoping to do more traveling soon enough.”

” Where did you have in mind to go first?” Tenevi finally chimed in, happy to be a part of the conversation again.

” I have an inkling it would be Central first.” Lumi replied.

” Then perhaps we would see more of you, yet.” Said Tenevi as she looked back to Ittindi with a polite smile.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#16Ittindi 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:21 pm

Ittindi
Ittindi's eyes would sparkle for just a second as Lady Lumikki mentioned more about her clan and her customs. While he hadn't been able to learn much from Lady Averie about Iceberg, Ittindi was always interested in learning more about foreign countries. Though truly his interest lied in what kind fo cleaning apparatuses they used. That wasn't something one could ask outright, better to ease into it asking probing questions about their customs instead. If he was lucky they'd let slip hobbies, which could reveal possible tools they'd need to clean. He'd take a long sip of his tea as she talked for a second before interjecting.

”Well, I'd love to hear more about those Iceberg traditions Lady Lumikki, we're already having tea so why not gossip?”

Ittindi would listen to her either way, the owner seemed impressed as well. Ittindi typically was doing the job of a server, or cleaner so it always surprised others when they learned he was just as adept at being a regular as serving one. He did see the appeal of the place, while he did offer his services to any, this café was one of his more visited for its atmosphere. As they talked more the subject of his being in the North came up.

While it was true that most Rune Knights lived in central Ittindi hadn't made a decision on where he wanted to build his future butler's academy. He had considered central, and while he had been in the north that past month it had also became a prospect. Not for the people, or even his master just the beautiful forest that lurked just outside the gate. He had originally come to the North to see his Young Master, mostly to show off his newest weapon. That was the kind of thing that he was interested besides, Ittindi's general welfare. As Lady Lumikki mentioned going to central, while Ittindi had planned on going to visit Decebal's guild next it would never hurt to stop in central for a bit first. Afterall he'd need to see how Tōga faired against the Young Master. Hopefully, neither had caused to much collateral damage for the citizens of Fiore.

”Yes, it would be wonderful to show you around Central. I'm not sure exactly when I'll be returning there, I still haven't had much time with the Young Master. I was thinking of taking a trip to West Fiore after returning to Central to report in. I do think I'll be getting promoted again soon, especially when word reaches back there about the god's avatar I helped fight.”

Ittindi didn't dive to deep on why he'd be going to west Fiore leaving it as a topic if Lady Lumikki wished. Lady Tenevi seemed more excited about traveling than her partner. He wondered if it had to do with the open road, or sky for her. It probably was hard being cooped up in a city with so many trees,especially if they were both from a place of ice. At least in the winter, they'd get a taste of home with the snowfall when it came. In the back of Ittindi's mind a plan to visit Iceberg with his Young Master was starting to form, what better place to ask about Lady Lumikki then her home country.

#17Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:08 pm

Lumikki

” Oh.” Lumi said somewhat surprised. It was incredibly rare for anyone to hear much about her life back home. Usually they would opt to let her share a little at a time in moments of her choosing. But he was indeed right, they were already speaking over a cup of tea. And so she wanted to enjoy the conversation.

” Me original name was Lumikki Omena, as I have descended from that clan. It’s hardly known to any beyond Iceberg soil, but we were a family of nomadic raven Demi-humans that would fly about the lands. Connecting the tribes, scouting ahead, and passing along needed messages. Among us were strong frost mages very connected to the primordial being that we are inclined to follow.” She took another sip of her tea, subtly gesturing to Tenevi to bring her more. To which the harpy did contently, getting up to walk over to the owner who was not so far off. ” But not to long ago, I’ve become a Hrùtr. See, I was raised by dwarves when me father couldn’t risk staying around. The lad figured he brought danger, but I’d still think him weak for it. But me mum fell for a Dwarf to which I’ve become one of his family. The Hrùtr lead the seven familial clans of Dwarves that originated from Iceberg. Brone Heavyaxe being just a member of one of the clans. A rowdy bunch they are, but there’s much wisdom in them. Dwarves from our clans tend to devote themselves to their crafts and passions. But beyond the specifics of me family alone, much of our ways align a lot with other Icebergians. We are a traditional folk, almost lost in time compared to other countries like Fiore. Thought our stories are still rich, food still hardy, and and our work more admirable then most ye see here. The Dwarven underground city put this entirely to shame. So is the way of people from the stone.”

Teveni returned and sat back down, barely catching the end of Lumi recantations. The Demoness affectionately caressed her face as the harpy got resettled.” We haven’t seen your mother in sometime my Lumi. She would do well to have your company again.”

” I suppose that she will. Would be a laugh to have her meet Knuckles one of these wouldn’t it.” Lumi giggled at first but her smile faded with a sigh passing through her lips. She leaned onto the table, and propped her head on her arm. Her other free hand was reaching out to push some of Tenevi’s hair behind her ear.” Spend all the time ye need North, mate. I would hope Knuckles would be happy for it. I was crossed between East and West, but perhaps I’d just follow ye that way to make the choice simple.” Her eyes would turn over with more spark than her features would let on. ” Oh but the fight with the goddess was one to witness indeed. I only gleamed bits and peaces, but I would adore hearing yer tell of it.”

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#18Ittindi 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:09 am

Ittindi
Ittindi would listen to Lady Lumikki recount her humble origins, a member of a military clan. She mentioned being demi human, Ittindi wondered if she had some kind of glamour and she actually looked more like Lady Tenevi. It would be impropriety of the highest order, to ask someone why they would appear human, so Ittindi would brush that off as he continued to listen. Wondering what a Hrutr was, probably some kind of nobleperson from Iceberg that would explain being tutored by dwarves. Ittindi hadn’t learned much about dwarves, possibly something to look into next time he was at headquarters library. It wouldn’t be surprising if that kind of information was locked in the higher realms of information, in the floating headquarter. Ittindi still hadn’t been able to visit, but he wondered with magic keeping it flying they probably had magic cleaning it was well? He wondered in his soul if magic cleaning devices could stand up to his strict standards, in his mind he felt it impossible. Magic had brought so many advancements, there was no way it’d have the love of cleaning he could, but it’d easily tear apart the weak cleaners. The ones who cleaned out of desperation, Ittindi felt sorry for those, but didn’t waste time explaining the true art of cleaning to them.

Though the idea of an underground city did peak his interest, he’d make note of Lady Lumikki and someone named Brone, no doubt his Young Master could tell him more about such a man…dwarf? Ittindi knew now his goal when he visited Iceberg, he needed to find a dwarf of cleaning. Such a person could only help accelerate his dreams, true passion for a craft that was hard to find in humans as reluctant Ittindi was to admit it. That was one of the few faults he found with his race, they had become so generalized that few truly specialized put all of their soul into one endeavor, was that what he admired about his Young Master? Ittindi hadn’t given it much thought, but the similarity was there.

As Lady Tenevi rejoined the conversation, she mentioned visiting her mother possibly bringing his Young Master with her. Ittindi tried his best, but an approving smirk appeared on his face for just a second. Perhaps he’d join them when they traveled there, it’d be easier to meet such a dwarf with someone to vouch for his reputation. That was when Lady Lumikki would state her desire to travel as well as asking about the battle with the goddess.

”Truth be told Lady Lumikki my being there was a pure accident. I originally had received word about the Young Master, and it was fresh after my promotion and acquisition of my g un. I wanted to show it off when the whole debacle started. Our mutual friend Tōga absorbed most of the damage from the goddess due to his dragon like nature. Meanwhile The Young Master and a competent man in Knight armor unleashed an onslaught on the goddess. I provided support with my ranged abilities. There was a demon dragon that brought madness and a jester fairy thing? It was quite an odd experience; in the end the goddess gave her powers to the man in the armor. The only part that was concerning was the avatar mentioning that they were preparing us for a greater danger.”

#19Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:01 am

Lumikki

Lumikki thought it over, seeing wisps of the other’s memory as she tried to make sense of what Ittindi said. Lumi was already sad to know she missed out on fighting a goddess, especially one as formidable. But she had more than enough time to observe another opportunity rise.

” Quite the battle ye witness, count me envious. And what was this about a demon dragon? Was this a proper abyssal creature, or simply a dragon taking its form?” If the goddess wasn’t enough to grant her simmering emotions, the implications of another demonic being was too much for her to simply bear.

Tenevi picking up on her masters frustrations would attempt to sooth the Demoness. Lifting her small dish of cookies toward her to offer solace in the moment. And though knowing how much she missed still tasted bitter in her mouth, Lumi opted to welcome the sweet treat and allowing it to cheer her up.

” Thanks love,” she spoke in a voice back to her cheery temperament. Looking back to Ittindi with curiosity on her face and a sparkle in her eyes. ” Did ye get to meet with yer Young Master again since ye’ve entered the North? It would be an entertaining sight to see the two of ye rejoin.” She indulged in the sweets just before her new tea was placed on the table. Lumi only had to blow the cup once before beginning to enjoy her next serving.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#20Ittindi 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:27 am

Ittindi
Ittindi would ponder back on the fight as Lady Lumikki asked about the demon dragon asking about its nature. It was an odd question and Ittindi wasn’t sure if he understood the difference. He remembered that the creature started by having unearthly metal rods emerge from their body. Then after that it summoned otherworldly beings, what Ittindi imagined the souls that demon captured stripped of their physical identity. They were quite strong, Ittindi wasn’t even sure if he could take one, but she had summoned two. Then transformed into an actual dragon, the first Ittindi had ever seen. Her roar set off an intense bloodlust in him, increasing his strength it all happened so fast. After helping so immensely she ended up leaving, Ittindi was still confused by that part. She was an integral part of the battle, and he wasn’t sure if the goddess would have been dispatched so fast without her aid. He thought at the time that she must have been his Young Master’s demon sponsor with her immense strength, but he hadn’t gotten to ask him about that yet. A touchy subject indeed, he’d shake his head refocusing on Lady Lumikki and Lady Tenevi.

”I’ll be honest Lady Lumikki I’m not sure I understand the difference or how I could tell. I can tell you that she was a beautiful fair skinned red-haired women, I didn’t get a chance to gauge her height before she transformed into a dragon. She summoned what I can only describe as souls from hell given human form stripped of identity. She was quite powerful and assisted us greatly in the battle.”

Ittindi didn’t mention the bloodlust, he didn’t like the idea of people knowing there was magic that could so easily bring out a darker side of him. She’d ask the obvious next question since they had talked about him a decent amount while having tea. Ittindi would also spy out the corner of his eye some of his members whispering to themselves observing Ittindi sitting with Lady Lumikki. She must have been more popular than he understood, Ittindi was never for Titles treating all like nobles until they proved otherwise. He thought everyone should start at a decent level of respect and elegance and from there they can elevate or descend by their actions and speech.  He knew that there’d be whispers amongst the privates, the station was quite boring rumors being one of the few bonding activities that the lower ranks had.

”Sadly, he hasn’t had time for me yet. I know that he can get quite busy with his training, and it sounds like he has a clear goal in the guild. He can get rather….well he can get quite focused on his task loosing sight of other things. I expect that will change as he finds more to care about than battle and power.”

Ittindi would take another sip of his tea, the cup almost finished at this point. He still hadn’t partaken in any of the biscuits or cookies. There was no particular reason, he just didn’t find himself in the mood for sweets, possibly from his overindulgence while drunk at the pinata festival the other month.

#21Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:03 am

Lumikki

” The difference is that depending on the answer, it would entice me to want to slay it, dear.” Lumi said with a sweet smile, but it could not hide the chill of her killing intent completely. The shadows that were cast all around them could hardly cling to their surfaces as they would all oddly warp toward. Almost as if they were longing to embrace her. Her eyes shifted to their true colors of fuchsia and deep purple.” The idea of hunting a dragon bores me when there are better beings out there to destroy and harass.” Lumi spoke while raising her cup close to her lips. As she tilted the vessel over to take another sip, her eyes would follow his glances once more.

For the duration that Lumikki had been enjoying his company, she still kept an eye on all the occurring things around her. Favoring the knights as the subjects of her observations. Knowing they were tied to Ittindi made them amusing, and though the halted her mischief, she still saw reason to gaze at them. More so with their insistent whispering. Shame her ravens could not deliver their words straight to her, but her keen eyes could make out the words leaving their lips.

See, due to an occurrence some time ago, Lumi came across a promising eye. One that gave her much clarity in sight despite the distance within one hundred meters. As long as they weren’t obstructed, she could easily keep an eye on them. And constantly gazing around her surroundings would become more and more a deep set habit for her. It would be this habit that alerted her to their musings. Part their curiosity to Ittindi’s actions, part their reasoning to his motives. But watching him look over his men was funny to her too, and him acknowledging them made her keep an eye out more.

Ittindi being more of a visitor or the North would mean that he was not quite familiar with their residents. Not unless he actively chose to be more informed. There was not reason for an outsider to know of her more than her name, but her reputation was growing enough that it was becoming enough to get the gist.

Many of the knights present were well aware of who and what she was. The Demoness, who by then also had done many quests within this city, some even aiding the knights in their work. Though she didn’t personally recognize any of them herself, it was clear they all knew her. And it was becoming the popular topic of discussion among them to sort out Ittindi’s motives in sharing tea with her. They knew he was a man on the rise sure, but would it be worth pacting with Demon, now that was interesting.

” Their curious if ye would choose to sell yer soul.” Lumikki mused as she looked back toward him. ” They find company with me a bit intimidating. They would rather less…volatile company, though I have excellent temperament ye know.” Lumikki giggled as she looked over one of the knights. Locking eyes with him and holding them in her piercing gaze. He turned away soon after, looking flustered and anxious. The men besides them sharing the same sentiment as they looked for a task else where.

” Jumpy lad they are, aren’t they. I’m but a harmless lass really.” The shadows that barely touched her skin would relax back to how there were, like nothing happened. Her attention now being on things that made her laugh would push out her bloodlust from her thoughts. ” Just strong enough to walk in the woods ye recommended undisturbed.”

” Quite so,” Tenevi played along. She enjoyed joining Lumi on such little things.” Do you fear Demons?” The harpy would inquire.

Lumi’s eyes sparkled just a little as she awaited the answer, though her irises still betrayed her true appearance.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#22Ittindi 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:12 pm

Ittindi
While Ittindi knew that there would be something in Lady Lumikki that had brought his Young Master to her side. From what he judged from their tea party, that would be some raw kind of power, Ittindi imagined her as a benevolent mage. That image was quickly struck as she answered his first remark. The tone, aura it all changed just for an instance, he felt the worse part of his Young Master but more potent. Lady Lumikki was a killer, not the typical kind the one Ittindi preferred a killer by trade, the worse kind one that hunted for the real danger. It was something that he was never able to fully comprehend. While he gave his Young Master a pass, most he had met exhibited similar characteristics he found dangerous.

As Ittindi mused on the thought he'd see some of his men still lingering close by. Some even being bold enough to occasionally walk by the café, no doubt hoping to eavesdrop on the conversation. As Ittindi heard her joke he wasn't sure how much was in jest. From how she had mentioned a couple things, Ittindi was wondering if she was part demon like his Young Master. Ittindi would have quite the talk with him when he got the chance.

”I couldn't imagine a reason why, unless they'd be willing to trade for my Young Master's humanity. You have been delightfully polite Lady Lumikki I’m sure most rumors are more nuanced than a first telling could do justice.”

Ittindi often told that to his employers, or lines along those lines. For Lady Lumikki he hadn't fully decided how true he believed those words, she did seem quite nice. However, it could be do to needing something in the future something Ittindi had to be aware of with his current rank in the Knights. He'd have to ask Tōga as well what he thought of the duo next time he was in Central.

As they continued talking Lady Tenevi would ask Ittindi an interesting question. No doubt due to the nature of his Young Master, or were they hinting at his paranoid thoughts on Lady Lumikki. Ittindi couldn't tell, so he'd answer honestly like he had done for most of the day. It was easier to be honest, at the worse someone wrote you off for poor judgement on their part. A lie was  a delicate thing to be wrapped in soft silk and maneuvered in effortlessly. No need for that kind of work for a casual tea encounter.

”I don't fear demons, though I'm not fond of what they did to my Young Master. Approaching someone at their most desperate is not much of a choice really. So, while I don't hate them, I don't trust them very much either.”

There was of course hatred for the particular demon that robbed his Young Master of his humanity. However, Ittindi had no idea who or what that was, his Young Master had never deigned to tell him. The thoughts of meeting such a being brought his blood to a boil. One day he'd be strong enough for that and more.

#23Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:33 am

Lumikki

” That’s fair, we are indeed more complicated than our rumors. While I can be cruel, I could also be kind. An excess of would is just too boring.” And the Demoness would mean what she said. She had no interest in falling so deep into one essence of oneself, especially because something so boring such as her nature would drag her into such.

Ittidi’s face would not betray his thoughts on the reveal of her malicious aspects, but she never assumed anyone would find it endearing outside of those of the darker races. Yet holding off the darker aspects of herself as though they did not even exist did not serve her either. At least depending on her mood.

” Good! That wise move on yer part, never trust a Demon. It just does ya no good.” Lumi sighed as she got out her point. Slowly, her gaze would shift back to him from a knight that was recently passing by. ” Demons are tricky miserable creatures that always like to meddle in other’s lives.”

Tenevi feeling the tension of the moment would add herself back in. ” Most Demons sure. Most of them from what I gathered, are a real piece of work. But I don’t think you have to worry too much for your Young Master. Of course, would you be willing to face a Demon alongside him?”

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#24Ittindi 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:48 pm

Ittindi
As she spoke of the importance of a contrasting lifestyle, Ittindi immediately understood. One couldn’t always use a scour pad or steel wool when a wet rag would suffice. There was a time and place for all things, emotions wouldn’t be any different than cleaning tools in that regard. He’d nod his head along to her first statement, and then she’d reaffirm his words on Demons. Ittindi never had much trust for the race, he was sure that there were exceptions, but why trouble himself with finding those.

He'd think back to his Young Master’s beginnings, and to a degree his. The fact that he had stuck around him so long even after all that happened proves that he couldn’t hate demons just for the sake of their race. Then again he wouldn’t be surprised if his Young Master didn’t qualify as a demon, even though Ittindi saw him transform against that god. The height of unholiness of a demon would be the only apt description. At Lady Lumikki’s sigh Ittindi wondered if she had her own run in with demons. If she did she hid it greatly, the marks of corruptions on the Young Master were obvious to Ittindi. Or was that simply because Ittindi had known him for so long, how would one have an appropriate baseline for the average human, when mages were anything but?

” If there’s an issue that needs to be resolved it doesn’t matter who or what they are. They will be handled…though I try my best to make sure that they are taken back alive.”

Ittindi’s tone would be serious as he addressed Lady Tenevi, he didn’t often have to worry about situations that needed him to be serious. Stoic was good enough for most of life, there didn’t need to be a serious discussion to often, but the thought of taking out a demon with his Young Master left a bad taste in his mouth. He thought of his time helping him eliminate gangs, which was of course to help propel his own gang in town. That was part of the problem with his Young Master, with so many objectives it was impossible for Ittindi to keep track. If he was going to destroy a demon it’d probably be for his patron demon or to absorb their essence, that wouldn’t surprise Ittindi at all. He’d leave that part out of his answer, instead addressing the base of the question.

#25Lumikki 

In a Station so Dapper Empty Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:16 am

Lumikki

” Killing Demons is dangerous work Vee, ye know that. No need to walk the man to his death. I just need to get stronger, and maybe in time I could work it all out myself.” She sighed once more as she spoke. The more lesser Demons or contracted Demons she could consume and steal from, the stronger her power could become. And though she would like to do this kind of work with someone by her side, she would much rather prove to herself that she could do it alone too. With just her ravens and harpy by her side.

” Oh but more allies for the cause would only help make it more possible. Besides, it was originally because of his Young Master anyway that we now have a massive task to take on. Might as well begin to get the ravens in a row.” Tenevi retorted with mild frustration. Not toward Lumi, but the implications of the task ahead and the dangers it would bring. Lumi was aimless in her desires and what she wanted to accomplish after her rebirth, but it would be Knuckles that cast her down this path and it didn’t sit well with the harpy at all.

” Nah, I’ll do just fine. Ye wanted to be all I need didn’t ya, consider it yer wish come true~” Lumi retorted back playfully, she didn’t want to worry about many factors. The Demoness already struggled with her insecurities, she hardly wanted to hang on to the disappointment of others.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum