Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

A New Lunar Phase [Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Alaric Holloway 

A New Lunar Phase [Private]  Empty Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:56 am

Alaric Holloway
Alaric shot up from his bed. His heart pounding and sweat dripping from his forehead. He gripped his chest, feeling each thump slowly coming to a resting state. What was that? What was that feeling that ran through him so? He looked out the small window of his room. The moon was high in the sky, it was still early in the night. Bron lay at the foot of his bed, curled up and sound asleep. Alaric’s heart returned to normal and his eyes drifted back out towards the moon. The cloudless night made its light so full and bright. It was close to a full moon, perhaps just another day or two. He would need to make accommodations for Bron while he was away. Perhaps, Salem might be able to watch him? Him or Lumi. Both would probably do it without any strings attached, well aside from another drinking contest from Lumi. He pulled his legs up slightly, trying his best not to disturb the small creature at the end of the bed. As his legs slipped out of the covers and onto the cold floor, he heard a rustle in the bed. Turning back to only find Bron wrapping himself up in the excess blankets. Alaric gave a soft smile.

wc 212

A New Lunar Phase [Private]  THOXIZP
#B72F22 | Sheet
#2Alaric Holloway 

A New Lunar Phase [Private]  Empty Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:06 am

Alaric Holloway
He stepped towards the window and gently undid the notch keeping it locked. The cool spring breeze alone was strong enough to push the window ajar. The scent of the mountain and forest around them drifted into the room. Alaric’s nostrils flared with the new scents. Lately, he felt as if he was coming into his own with his were-side. That spar with Teveni was a bit frightening and he was still wary of losing control but he felt like his body was settling. Perhaps, it was due to all the extra work he had taken on? Lately, Salem and he had been partnering for more dangerous quests. Nothing had come to dangerous, yet. Still, he felt more sure of himself and his abilities. He wasn’t just some orphaned stray taken in, he was a contributing member to the guild. Being around these people, those so much stronger than him, forced him to finally get off his ass and start to become a man.

wc 164
twc 376

#B72F22 | Sheet
#3Salem E. 

A New Lunar Phase [Private]  Empty Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:49 am

Salem E.

Salem stood on his staff hovering in the sky as he gazed at the moon. His awareness of the world as a spiritual creature had its ups and downs. Oftentimes on nights of a full moon he would hover and look at it, remembering his time as a pure spirit in Desierto. It was funny how the world around him changed but the moon remained the same. It was a lot of memories he needed to shift through at times.

Standing like a statue of beauty, as the pale moonlight enveloped his figure. It really gave him an ethereal feel. It also felt better to be in the Deep Green than it was at the base at times. At least here in the green he felt more at home with the abundant nature. Salem had his hands folded behind his back as he continued to stare. Taking in the sight as his deep blue eyes glowed blue, that looked as if it had a tinge of silver as it reflected the moonlight.

WC: 172

#4Alaric Holloway 

A New Lunar Phase [Private]  Empty Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:50 pm

Alaric Holloway
Standing at his window, he noticed a figure up in the sky, hovering slightly above the treeline. He would squint his eyes trying to make out the figure but alas, he was too far away. The window creaked open a few more inches with the breeze. That’s when his nose picked up the scent. It was like fresh rain on a hot summer’s day. It was relaxing and pure but there was heat to it on the back end. His brow furrowed. “Salem?” He whispered to himself. What was he doing out there? Alaric grabbed a light jacket that hung on the back of his door and slipped out. He quietly made his way down to the floor.

Once he was outside, he quickly made his way to where Salem hovered above. For a moment, Alaric merely watched the fae soak up the lunar light. His body was still but he could be certain that his mind was racing. What could the two of them have in common? Salem was a fae, a being as much of this world as the plants in the forest and clouds in the sky. Alaric was just a mutated human, a race that knew little more than to just consume. After a few minutes of standing there watching the fae, Alaric would break the silence. “The moon’s kinda my shtick.” He gave him a grin hoping his cheesy line would brack the fae’s trace.

Wc 246
TWC 622

#B72F22 | Sheet
#5Salem E. 

A New Lunar Phase [Private]  Empty Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:00 pm

Salem E.

The Fae was enjoying his reverie. A voice shook him and broke him out of it. It took him a moment to place the voice before a smile formed on his face. Salem leaned back with both arms outwards to the side, as if he was making a trust fall. He fell backwards while his staff rolled along the back of his legs, when it got behind her knees he hooked his legs to them. He was hanging upside down his horizontal staff like a bat.

He brought himself downward to see the wolfman better. Till he was more face to face with him. “The moon is your thing but it is connected to the seas. I can feel an attraction to it as well and maybe something involved with it.” Salem licked his lips deliberately, his eyes giving off that inhuman blue glow. Looking over Alaric as if he was the prey that could get eaten. “What brings you to the forest anyway?”

WC:164 TWC: 336

#6Alaric Holloway 

A New Lunar Phase [Private]  Empty Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:50 am

Alaric Holloway
He stared up at Salem with a soft grin. “Something sweet in the air caught my attention.” He walked closer, now just slightly underneath the man that he had become closer with these past few weeks. Salem still hung in the air like some acrobat but Alaric wasn’t too worried. He’d been preparing a spell these past few days. After his fight with Teveni, he realized that his quick little jumps and burst moves would not cut it when it came to those who liked to hang in the air. He’d have to meet them at their level. He took another step forward and a magic circle appeared on the sole of his foot, several small circles in fact formed. Their glow was minor but amplified by the darkness of the night. With a simple push off with his right foot, Alaric started to lift upward to meet Salem up in the cool evening sky. While his magic was not known for subtly, this spell seemed to reel back on the grander explosions for more controlled burst that were meant to give stabilization and flight. Who knew wolves could fly?

As he rose up in the air, circles would appear and disappear as needed to keep him stable and give him proper lift. He still could not control it well enough to reach true high heights but this was enough for now. He gradually brought himself up towards Salem’s face. Wondering if the Fae would be in dismay over the sudden flightless man’s flight. As he got closer he would speak. “I guess, we can always share the moon.” He said in a soft tone. Even those he was using explosions to keep him lifted, their sound was minimal, keeping the purity of the night sky still intact. “Only if you don’t mind sharing the sky with me, that is.”

Wc 319
Twc 941

900/900 words needed to train Arial Tactical Explosives

#B72F22 | Sheet
#7Salem E. 

A New Lunar Phase [Private]  Empty Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:56 am

Salem E.

Salem raised his eyebrows at his wolfman flying. It was not high but it was a cute enough trick. Before Salem had his doubts that the man would ever make it in the air unprompted. He took the compliment in stride as he floated. He assumed Alaric meant him. Salem was confident enough to think himself the sweetest thing in the air. Even if he was aware that Alaric was not being entirely truthful with him.

“I do not mind sharing the moon.” Salem gave in reply, a mischievous air coming off of him. He unhooked his legs and let the staff move to his hand. Falling out the sky before landing on the ground at the last minute. “Except the Sky is not my domain. If you want something I can share. I suggest we go to the sea. At least there I can really show you a thing or two. Like how to properly move in the air. Your current flight is nice but you are so stiff.”

The fae really exited the sky, since he did not want his wolf falling out of it by accident. Salem just did not feel like saying that aloud. It was easier for him to tease and play hard to get. Genuine concern and empathy was so boring.

“If you come down. I may be able to help you loosen up. Then maybe you can show me a thing or two with those muscles.”

WC:243  TWC: 579

#8Alaric Holloway 

A New Lunar Phase [Private]  Empty Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:15 pm

Alaric Holloway
As Salem dropped to the ground, Alaric’s grin faded into a sad frown. He canceled the spell and fell to the ground, as graceful as one might expect that to go. Stiff? He needed to try it more. Maybe this wasn’t the best time to show Salem that spell. He sulked over to Salem, his jacket blowing slightly in the evening’s breeze. “Should give me credit for even being up there, you know how wild this magic is.” He sighed as he threw the hood of his jacket over his head. He turned towards the woods, and the stillness of the night took over again. If he listened closely, he would hear the subtle sounds of the creatures moving through the branches and riding on the wind. The days were warm enough that some of the creatures from hibernation were beginning to stir. He took a deep breath, taking it all in. As he exhaled, he slid his hands into the pockets of his black beat-up jacket.

“A night run might be good. Have you ever done that? Ran in the woods at night?” He turned back to Salem. He was skin and bones. If he was a runner, his build would probably be ideal. To Alaric, it just seemed like a good way to enjoy the fresh air of the evening.

Wc 228

Twc 1169

#B72F22 | Sheet
#9Salem E. 

A New Lunar Phase [Private]  Empty Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:55 am

Salem E.

Salem did not take the grumpy pants too seriously. The spell work was not bad at all. Except he believed that Alaric could do a lot better than what he showed. As a being of magic he wanted to help his lover pup to improve. He understood it was the same thing as trying to get himself to improve his body. It would not be easy but it was more than possible.

“I give you credit. The spell was not bad at all. It could just be better. I know you can do better. You can train me in physical stuff and I can train you in magic. It is always better to get tips from one who practically breathes mana.”

He added his words in before Alaric turned back around. The mention of a run would have had his sun kiss skin almost turn pale in most cases. The dark sky really helped to cover it up. Salem was about as enthused about going for a run, as one would be about eating poop. Some people may enjoy it but he was not one of them. Still he did not want to turn the wolf down. He would try to count it as physical training.

“Sure. Let’s run. I need a bit of a head start! You will lap me too quickly otherwise. Then we can work more on your magic. Hate to harp but I do not want you falling behind too much in terms of magical skill.”

Salem had to put it out in the open that he was making a compromise. He refused to be the only one training tonight. Not when they could grow better together. That was something Salem refused to compromise on.

WC:289  TWC: 868

#10Alaric Holloway 

A New Lunar Phase [Private]  Empty Yesterday at 6:24 pm

Alaric Holloway
His brows lifted as the compliment he so craved was tossed to him. “You breathe mana? That’s weird.” He lowered his torso and touched his toes, stretching out his legs and lower back. He rocked himself slightly around until he was facing away from Salem. With a quick snap, he came up, twisting his body partially around. With half of his face towards Salem, he gave the man a quick glance. Hoping to find the Fae in a peek of some sort. He would twist himself towards the other side before returning to face Salem. “You really could give me some pointers if you like. I’m open to suggestions. My typical, blast them till they fall doesn’t seem to be cutting these guild quests lately.”

He walked behind Salem, glancing over his body. “Yea, no offense but you probably do need a head start. You’re all bone and no muscle or fat aren’t ya?” He had brought his hand up to his chin, rubbing it as he spoke. He realized how rude his comment was and immediately snapped out of the pose. “Ah, shit. Sorry, I didn’t mean you’re sickly-looking or anything. I umm. I just meant, shit. Go ahead I’ll give ya a thirty-second head start. “ Did he just fuck up?

He turned his back to Salem. “I’ll upstart counting when you’re ready. End point is at the edge of the cliffs to the Deep Green.” He took a step back, his face red blushing over his foot-in-mouth syndrome. He started to count. Slowly. “One, two, three…”

WC 276
TWC 1445

#B72F22 | Sheet

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum