Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Toga 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:30 am

Toga

夜通し踊ろう
Dance The Night Away ft.  @Lumikki
Event Social: Piñata Bashing

The number of drinks was lost in a alcoholic haze - 5? 10? More? The Dragon Slayer could not recall when he stopped counting, as intoxication's deadly embrace took hold. It coiled around its prey like a snake, warming them with saccharine scents, false courage, and unbridled comfort. These were the ways it lured victims into its toxic grasp. For one sip led to many more, and soon its fangs would pierce deep into the skin, drinking its fill in return, leaving its target a lifeless shell. Tōga and Lumikki would soon encounter this predator in the depths of inebriation.

The day melted into night as the blue sky faded to midnight purple, dotted with stary brilliance. In Giran, the tavern door burst open, spilling merry cheers into the quiet streets. Light flooded out, silhouetting two figures as they emerged. "Ooooiii!" Tōga shouted, cheeks flushed, gripping a mug of mead in one hand and of wine in the other. The shadows grew longer as they moved further from that lively source, wandering tipsily into the peaceful darkness.

"Y-you know how to p-party!" Tōga hiccuped, words slurring as the tavern door swung shut behind them, muffling the raucous revelry within. Stepping into the hushed streets, new sensations washed over the intoxicated pair. Lumikki and Tōga gazed out to see not only the tavern still raging behind them, but also the people of Giran keeping the festivities alive outside. The lanes were adorned with decor as multi-colored lights flashed brightly. Families strolled happily amidst the celebrations, while others danced and drank without inhibition under the starry sky. The spirit of revelry suffused the night air and swelled in their hearts.

"Who'd wanna leave this place?" Tōga remarked, glossy auburn eyes taking in the festive scene. Saved from the night's shadows by the festival's warm glow and laughter, his heart pumped joy through intoxicated veins. Though darkness had fallen, the celebration carried on unabated. The lights and merriment provided a protective bubble for the revelers to continue their jubilant escape from the everyday. For now, the party was just getting started.

The Dragon and God Slayers had no plan for the night, simply allowing the festivities to sweep them along. Children approached, gifting them with armfuls of trinkets and treats, generously sharing their bounty before scampering back to distant families. Pieces of candy, ornate balls, and dolls now filled their hands, remnants of smiling youths embodying the spirit of celebration. All around, similar acts of kindness abounded as people openly shared in the joy. The lively streets buzzed with a communal spirit, strangers and friends alike coming together, bonded by the magic of the festival. Adrift in the current of camaraderie and cheer, the slayers surrendered to the infectious revelry of the night.

Can we just move here?

wc: 465

#2Lumikki 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:02 pm

Lumikki

The pair sauntered out of the tavern, her company more intoxicated than she. The Demon matched his cups and more, so she felt the effects for sure. Though her body treated it all differently than it had when she was more human. She would need something much stronger to sink her further, but as of now, she's the warmest she could usually muster.

" Yer weren't so bad Dragon, true to yer namesake. Ya could hold yer own!" She cackled as she spoke, his state was beyond entertaining. She bought herself a bottle of wine to hold onto on her way out and she would sip at it constantly. From time to time she would use her shadows to push and pull him every which way, baiting him to lose his balance. She never pushed too far but seeing his reactions were rewarding.

" This place is nice, but so are others. The luxury to try 'em all is pleasing." Lumikki noticed the children approaching with their gifts and favors, it pleased her to see the joy in their faces. She passed her bottle for a frost talon to hold and threw her hands up to make them black snow. Her soft flurry rained down on the little ones, bringing them awe and surprise. She blew little playful clouds of darkness in their directions, its cold tickling their cheeks and granting them a temporary relief from the heat. Before they could give her and the other slayer their gifts, she crafted a few of her own in ice. Making little figures of animals the children could enjoy and play with as she saved a particularly cute rabbit one for last and handed it to the smallest among them.

The Demon blew playful kisses at the little ones as they giggled and played with her gifts. As they handed her theirs she pulled up her skirt and used it as a basket for all the goods gained. When they all ran off she used her free hand to gorge on the sweets and treats they offered.

" Ye could move anywhere ye like Dreki. As long as ya work it hardly matters. And there are ways to cut the travel, but as a Dragon like yerself I'm sure ya got a pair of wings~" She gave him another toothy grin. It was a joy of hers to tease the landlocked.

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Img_0212

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#3Toga 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:21 am

Toga

Lumikki was born of contradictions, a child of light and dark. Her mother was the goddess of revelry, her father the tempter of sin. From her mother she inherited joy and cheer, from her father slyness and shadow. Within her swirled the dizzying highs of celebration and the dangerous depths of vice. It was refreshing to see radiance unafraid of darkness. Tōga was captivated, though drink had loosened his wonder. Sober, her intriguing duality would still enthrall. This daughter of gods embraced night as she did day, merging merriment and mischief into one enticing whole. Even without the haze of liquor, Tōga knew he would find Lumikki fascinating.

Lumikki teased him with shadowy mischief. From the corners of his eyes, Tōga glimpsed slender coils of darkness nudging at his sides. The wispy tendrils pressed just firmly enough to sway his strides, but never hard enough to topple him over. Tōga grinned at her playful challenge. Competitive spirit rising, he fought to keep his balance against her shoving shadows. Though he stumbled and staggered between steps, Tōga remained upright, resisting her efforts to upend him. His erratic lurching drew peals of laughter from Lumikki. Tōga didn't mind becoming the butt of her joke. Her impish game was amusement enough, casting flickering shadows to toy with him as he walked.

The kids had come and gone, delivering gifts to the two, though not before receiving one from Lumikki as Ice magic formulated small trinkets for them to take home with them. Tōga was never not impressed by the woman, for she dipped and dived in and out of her own character, presenting many masks while still never concealing her face. He snacks on his treats – gifted by the kids – as he drunkenly walks alongside Lumikki.

"I wish I had wings!" Tōga slurred, hiccuping mid-sentence. "I'd have flown all over the world by now." He stumbled over the words, drink loosening his tongue.

Lumikki smiled as the inebriated man rambled on. "But Era's been kind to me. Makes a good home for now." He belched, fouling the night air with the scent of stale ale. "Pardon me," he added sheepishly.

Though impaired by spirits, Tōga's wistful dreams of flight still shone through. In vino veritas - wine brings truth. And the truth was that Tōga yearned to soar, to voyage beyond the confines of Era and explore all the world's wonders. But for today, he was grounded, earthbound yet content with the compass of his travel limited to a single city. Tomorrow, when sober, perhaps his hunger to roam would return. But tonight, Tōga focused only on standing upright, one meandering step after another aided by Lumikki's steadying shadows.

Plus livin’ there gives me a reason to go everywhere else,” he smiles.

Where does the fabled Raven Queen…. Frosty….. Shiver? Nah! Where does Kōri,” he stumbles upon her newest nickname, paying homage to his homeland and it’s language. “Want to call home for forever?

wc: 491 [956]

#4Lumikki 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:31 pm

Lumikki

Lumikki watched the intoxicated man closely and intently. It was indeed fascinating to see someone let himself go as far as he had. " If ye ate some fire right about now Dreki, would ya explode?" She looked around for any lit candles to see if he would be enticed to try her inquiry for himself. It wasn't until she heard her new nickname granted to her that she changed her tune entirely. She still harbored her mischievous energy, but now she wanted to play along with his desires.

She stuffed her mouth with one last sweet before tucking the rest into her void. Lumikki wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and grabbed her wine bottle once more. With her other hand, she would grab his own hand and take him elsewhere. Somewhere a bit less loud and crowded.

The pair were cutting and turning on many streets, Lumi using the lack of noise intensity to lead her to a more desirable spot. And as she had led him, she spoke." Ye know, its ya who gives ye reasons to go elsewhere. If not, wouldn't ye still be in that village of yers? When I was a wee lass, it never really occurred to me that I could leave home and I held no wanting for it. I was content in the care of me family and the chill of me lands. But when me Nan had parted, me mum insisted I'd see the world. I cannot remember the dreams I must have held to when I was younger, they left me like any old memory would. Yet, though it was not to me preference on how it started, I'm glad I took the chance to leave. Who's to say what I'd be now, maybe if I stayed home I'd never reach me Nan in the level of magic." It was a line of thinking she never really considered, life just had a way of being so busy sometimes that one did not consider the what-ifs.

" Kōri, Lumi finally uttered her new gift as she finally got around to answering his question. " Would like to make the air her home, I suppose. Live in the skies forever." She walked him into a clearing within a small park. Likes lit the way so that the two weren't in utter darkness. Not like Lumikki particularly mind it, but she was sure he would. More so after what she had planned for him.

" Do ya really want wings Dreki? Would ya like the taste of flight? I'm curious if ya think I sounded a fool for calling meself a Raven Queen." She studied his face and let him give her his answer. Forcing patience she didn't really have as the curiosity was overwhelming her. The moment he was finished with what he said she was content to move on.

She ran her hand down his arm allowing her magic to take form. The plentiful dark of the night would cling to his back, twisting around before a set of black frost wings would unfurl. They were in the likeness of a raven, as that was what her magic was accustomed to doing, though she was far from pleased. The Demon would circle him, lightly tugging at his wings until she managed to will it into a shape she would far prefer. That of ones she would figure a dragon to have, and like black obsidian in the way of her magic. " Much, much better. Wouldn't be the raven meeting the raven now would it?" She finally stopped circling once she walked in front of him once more. A large and cheeky grin formed on her face, more smug than she had bothered to show before. " Now then Dreki, it seems I've gone and granted yer wish. I'm by means no God but I think even I would deserve an offering after all that fine work~ That would be yer task to figure out later. For now, figure out how to use a set of wings at all~"

Lumikki drank the last of her wine, dropping the empty bottle in her void to tend to later. In one smooth motion, first pulling back loose strands of hair before ending into a hard stretch, she relaxed herself to unfurl wings of her own. They were much like the ones she first gave him, except that he had six in total. The feathers would blend so well into the night, though there were shimmers and shades of blue from her frost. The tips of her wings had even held a bit of a translucent aspect to them, like peering into shards of ice.

She took a step back so as not to disturb his balance more so, pulling back all her wings when she came to a stop. Lumikki softly jumped into the air while beating all her wings down at once, the forcing causing her to kick off into the sky just a few meters up, before lowering herself back down to watch. " Come now Dragon Slayer, let's see ya fly.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#5Toga 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:14 am

Toga

"Let's find out," Tōga declared with adventurous bravado. He had consumed this magnitude of mead and ale before, filling his gut until even a few more drops would erupt the next morn in a violent torrent of regurgitation. What he had never done was swallow fire alongside his drink. Not for want of chance - the Rune Knight knew to temper temptation with reason. Flames were his living, and drink his social pastime and refuge from private troubles. The two complemented each other well. He simply never thought to merge them until this moment.

Tōga's eyes danced across Giran's canvas, where mysteries and marvels abounded. Yet did it hold free flames to seize? A candle, a lantern, even a torch would suffice. If he could capture loose fire, he could reveal to Lumikki, and himself, what followed when one swallowed an igniter amidst a gut brimming with fuel. The city was ripe with potential pyres - he need only identify a source unbound and unwatched to pluck for his audacious display.

Before Tōga could seize his prize, lithe fingers wrapped around his wrist like rope as Lumikki seized him. With her fathomless mystique, she pulled him into Giran's darkness. Together they vanished, slipping into alley shadows and lightless corridors, navigating the maze swiftly and haphazardly until they emerged in an empty park. Far from Giran's lively main streets, they now stood alone, the only souls in sight. The city's energy muted, leaving but the two of them and the secrets between.

Lumikki spoke and Tōga listened raptly, setting one bottle of mead aside as he casually sipped his ale and wine infusion. "You and your nan shared the same magic?" he inquired, pondering her mentor's mastery. Though two decades old, his sole recollection was life with fire dragon slayer magic - a uniqueness all his own. No world existed where a mentor schooled him, as the dragon who gifted his power remained unknown. Passing on this gift seemed impossible, given its tie to his singular flame. While he grasped at flickers, Lumikki had been nurtured by a honed torch. Together in the park's hush, her words wove past and present, kindling insights that warmed his flinty heart.

Lumikki spoke of finding home in the sky - a longing the fire dragon slayer knew intimately. "You're a raven, and I a dragon; the heavens were our sole destination from the start," he smiled, gazing upward at the cloudless void. The night's chill battled the flush on his cheeks from drink, yet tranquility reigned in their lofty perch. Kindred spirits bound by magic's gift, they traced starry patterns as she unfurled her past. Her words resonated within him, striking sparks of insight that illuminated hidden hollows. Two mythic souls at home in the skies, content in each other's silent company.

"H-hell yes," he answered without hesitation when Lumikki playfully offered him wings. Wings were Tōga's deepest desire. Perhaps a tail too. Though years old, his knowledge of self and world was lacking. His magic came from a mystic being who ruled sky and earth, commanding primal fire itself. Yet of this progenitor, nothing did he know. Perhaps he was not abandoned - only awaiting the day his wings took flight to meet his dragon in the heavens. This hope of connection unconsciously aligned his sights skyward. Lumikki's gift echoed this dormant dream. With wings, he could breach the unknown and finally meet his mystic benefactor. Two orphaned souls, their magics weremeans to transcend earthly bonds and limitations. The sky called to them both.

Lumikki dances around Tōga, her gaze hungry and filled with wonder, every inch of her radiating an air of enigma. As her fingers, tinged with secrets, brush against him, Tōga exclaims, feeling an unexpected chill grace his back.  “Whoa!” The touch, however brief, transforms him, giving birth to wings of pure, crystalline ice, a testament to Lumikki's icy sorcery. Even without a direct gaze, Tōga can sense their majestic span, darkening with an inky black as they expand. Lumikki, with a sculptor's precision, had molded them to mirror his essence: a mighty dragon. Moments later, she unveils her own spectacle — three pairs of wings, reminiscent of a raven's, emerge and flutter from her back.

"Take flight..." her words lingered, daring him to find the how. Lumikki wasted no time displaying her natural talents. Six wings flapped in synchronicity, lofting her skyward with a burst. From her new perch, her invitation hung in the air, beckoning Tōga to join this moonlit reverie above earthly bounds.

He paused, icy pinions blocking Lumikki from view. Tense, he rallied his courage. "L-let's do it!" His cry echoed through the park, fire raging in spirit. Dropping to his knees, he felt each gravel mote press his skin. As wisps of wind swirled below, he leapt up with a mighty push - and flew!

For a moment, euphoria reigned as he defied gravity. But reality rushed back as the ground rushed up, his icy wings melting in the heat of exhilaration. He fell hard amid peals of crystalline laughter. Yet failure felt lighter with Lumikki's spirit soaring overhead. In her lone flight, he found connection. Tonight they had danced among the stars and tasted freedom. The fall was worth it.

Ouch!”

wc: 876 [1832]

#6Lumikki 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:53 pm

Lumikki

" Suppose ye could say that. Me people were always of the skies. But what brings ya for the Heavens now wee farm boy? What gave ye the taste for the clouds?" She worked her curious magic all the same.

Lumikki falls a few feet from bursting out in laughter. She was titled so far back that she had to flip entirely to correct her posture. It took her a while to wipe the tears and descend alongside her friend once more. " Suppose I didn't adjust the spell strength after altering the form. But to be fair, I didn't figure ye'd try to burn through it like a brute. Could I say, that's how excited ye were?" She began to circle him from above, a habit she happens to fall into without much thought. " Tell me little Dragon, do ye always burst into flames when yer excited? Do ya scare the ladies with that trick?"

Now that they were alone in the park, she allowed her form to relax. The shadows of the night hugged her skin, melding together with her being before the tattoos that threatened to show earlier finally came to life. Her blue and purple hair lost all color, now a stark white but the under hair a dark blue of a dazzling start night. The shadows that would move around her as a human now came to life as they formed shifting feathers constantly cycling around her thighs. Her eyes, which were blue as the sky and golden as the sun, now shifted to purple and pink.

" Tell me Dreki, do ye still want to taste the skies? If yer willing to follow me~ I'll take ye above the clouds." She landed just beside him, reaching out her hand and placing it on his shoulder. Her black frost crept along his body healing any of his pain. Black frost flowers sprouting and blooming around the area of his wounds. Wilting as soon as the task and magic were done.

She would then begin to walk toward the darker areas of the park, although the night could not obscure anything from her. She was hoping to walk further out of the city so that she could enjoy the night in peace from the festivities. Lumi looked back to Tōga flashing him a very mischievous smile. " Do ye fear the dark, stranger?~"

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#7Toga 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:37 am

Toga

The dragon slayer winced as he hit the hard, cold ground with a thud. Had he not miserably failed at flying and come crashing back to earth, he never would have noticed just how icy the stone felt beneath him. Pain shot through his lower half as he rubbed his aching thigh and bruised bottom. With nothing to cushion his fall, all Tōga could do was grit his teeth and wait for the sting to subside. Glancing upward through watery eyes, he saw Lumikki still effortlessly gliding above, just out of reach. The airborne creature floated tauntingly mere feet above while Tōga lay grounded below, relying only on his patience to see him through the indignity.

Tōga's patience was a cindering wick, burning faster as Lumikki's wicked grin curled into barely contained laughter. Though not usually a sore loser, his temper flickered hotly now, fueled by the indignity of his failed flight. As he rose from the hard, cold ground, brushing away dirt, her subtle giggles ignited a spark of annoyance within him. "Yeah, yeah," he muttered, still rubbing his aching thigh as he stood. Lumikki glided tauntingly overhead, her effortless flight a mocking contrast to his clumsy crash landing. Tōga's waning patience smoldered, his inner flame burning as hotly as the midday sun. This time, he resolved, he would stay grounded rather than face further humiliation skyward. For now, endurance was his only recourse as Lumikki reveled in her airborne victory.

Tōga's pink hair fluttered as he looked down, still dusting off his clothes. "I'll have you know, women tend to like my fire," he remarked, oblivious to her suggestive undertones. He assumed she simply meant his fire magic impressed them.

Over his adventures, he'd enjoyed fleeting romantic encounters, relishing feminine company as they did his. Yet he always placed adventure first and foremost. For Tōga, unearthing mysteries across the world held paramount importance. Settling down tied one to a single place, and he hungered to roam free. Perhaps one day he would find a fellow thrill seeker, as hungry for the world as he was. But for now, his heart belonged to no one but adventure itself. Wherever the road took him, whatever exciting discoveries awaited over the next horizon, he would answer the call. His fire burned for freedom, not for romantic bonds.

Tōga watched in awe as a majestic transformation took place before him. Lumikki's hair, once a swirling ocean of blue hues, faded to pale white, though undertones of its vibrant color remained. Her eyes, twin beacons of sea and sunlight, shifted to gleaming violet and pink, the kaleidoscopic change intensified by the night's illumination. Her entire appearance metamorphosed, unveiling new and wondrous mysteries that captivated Tōga's curiosity. As her attire morphed, hinting at further fascinations, he could not tear his gaze away. Lumikki had become an ever-changing vision, a tantalizing glimpse into her enigmatic nature.

Tōga stood transfixed, spellbound by her fluid beauty as if it were a siren's song given form. This transcendent creature held untold secrets within her, only some of which she permitted him to behold. He yearned to unravel all her wonders, but for now could only watch, entranced, as she unveiled herself piece by piece before his eager eyes

Lumikki extended an invitation to view the night sky as she did - from the heavens themselves. "Definitely," Tōga replied without hesitation, eager for the novel experience. Even if he lacked her gift of flight, her offer to ferry him aloft was too tempting to resist. What wonders awaited beyond the veil of clouds? Her icy hand met his back, magic pouring over him like honey. Soothing black ice enveloped his bruises, healing them instantly as its chilling relief drew a sigh from his lips. Lumikki's magic was as cold as her hands yet strangely comforting. As the dark ice worked its wonders, anticipation grew within Tōga. Soon he would glimpse the world as few mortals had, elevated by Lumikki's power. The night sky awaited, a majestic tapestry to unfold before their eyes once she bore him skyward. He was ready to ascend.

"Nah, the dark doesn't bother me," Tōga smiled, unconcerned. As a fire dragon slayer, light was never far; a simple snap of his fingers could illuminate even the bleakest night. Perhaps Lumikki hinted at a deeper darkness, one beyond even his flames' reach. Now that would be worth exploring.

wc: 732 [2564]

#8Lumikki 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:56 pm

Lumikki

” Good little dragon. Then let us visit the sea of clouds.” Her voice would ease to time that was more airy. The Demon led the way through the darkness would often melt into her, or did she bleed into the darkness. It was hard to say. She was hard to keep track of in the night as one would rely on seeing her white hair or shining tattoos to spot her. That was if the dark did not wrap about her seamlessly. She did not usually show this form of hers quite yet, often thinking it as something to dislike her for. She was not struck down for being a Daemon, but as a Demon it would be a stretch to think no one would harbor her any fear. Yet in the company of her feisty and drunk friend, she figured herself safe from those thoughts and ideas.

As she walked, she sang a soft lullaby from her people, though through her lips it sounded near like a harrowing melody. Every once in a while she’d giggle from her delight. Looking back from time to time, to make sure her friend was still intact and not lost. Any time she thought he was not paying her any mind as she was showing the way, she’d simply disappear. Showing up again out of nowhere just nearby to spook him. After all, it was the time for the dead to come to life, and the Demon meant to play lots as this was her particular time to shine.

A last they made it a decent way from the city. The night air hitting their skin with a pleasant cold touch. Lumi would look up the whole time they were out there, focused on the near full moon up above.

” Time to taste the clouds on wings ye cannot burn.” She looked back toward him before the night would envelop her whole. Stirring and mixing until her form would seem more clear, though not at first. She pulled back all her wings to push aside the darkness to reveal a large raven of five meters. Four blue wings speckled with the blue of frost and the night sky mixing into one. Many feathers curling at the ends, her plumage so thick it rivaled the fluff of fur. Two feathers stood on end on top of her head while horns would adorn the sides as they curled further. The two different colored eyes she had before would still shine now, albeit brighter than before. ” Are ye ready little dragon.”

She pulled back all her wings and beat them down at once, the air displaced was enough to threaten toppling the man who thought her shadows would grip him. She had a black tendril hold him before tossing him up into the air, flying just under him so he could land on her back. More shadows would curl around him, fastening him in place as she climbed the skies rapidly.

In her sprint, she quickly pierced the clouds, but they were thicker than one would think. It took some time to get to the other side and the droplets of the mist would drench them. This hardly bothered her and she was sure a fire mage could manage drying off fine.

Then just as sudden as she entered, the Demon broke through again. Now gliding atop the clouds like one should swim about the sea. The moon, still far away, did look closer. The stars, brighter. She hummed with pleasure, reverberating her whole body and shaking the man along with her.

” May ye get those wings of yers dragon. Then ya could join me in the Heavens as ya said we were destined to go.”

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#9Toga 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:48 pm

Toga
Tōga's mind was foggy from drink, but Lumikki's words cut through the haze. He nodded along as she spoke of taking to the sky, imagining how breathtaking the earth must look from above. Her excitement was contagious, and with each passing moment, Tōga grew more eager to accept her offer of flight. Though not nervous, he could hardly contain his anticipation. The notion of seeing the world from such lofty heights made his heart race. Tōga tried to picture it - the patchwork fields, the glimmering waters, even the clouds drifting by below their feet. Her enthusiasm was irresistible. As the night wore on, he longed to take her hand and soar into the starry sky, leaving the earth behind to embrace adventure. His foggy mind cleared at the thought. All he wanted was to see the world from Lumikki's eyes, from the sky's vantage point. The wait was agonizing, but the impending journey filled Tōga with hope.

The drunken duo meandered along, weaving through corridors and around corners, their unsteady feet carrying them down avenues and into shadowy alleys. Tōga led the way, though at times it seemed more shepherd than sheep. Lumikki drifted in and out of step, occasionally slipping into the shadows when the fancy struck her, only to reemerge further down the path to startle her inebriated companion. Each time she vanished, Tōga pretended not to notice, acting shocked when she leapt out to surprise him. He played along with her antics, shouting theatrically while grinning inside. Though she disappeared from his sight, her scent never escaped his nose. He could smell her approach before she pounced, but refused to spoil her fun.

As they ambled along their aimless route, Tōga kept one eye peering sideways, tracking Lumikki's movements in and out of the darkness. Her laughter echoed off the buildings when she caught him jumping in feigned fright. Linking her arm through his, she would pull him back on course, guiding their drunken steps through the zig-zagging streets. Each time she faded into the shadows, he marked her departure, nose alert and muscles tense, waiting for her inevitable return. Lumikki's amused shrieks and Tōga's dramatic shouts punctuated their meandering stroll, continuing until they reached their destination right on time, spirits high and balance unsteady.

Their drunken journey eventually led them to a secluded corner of the city, far more deserted than the lively first spot. The moon now reached its peak in the night sky, casting an ethereal glow across the empty space. Wispy clouds tried in vain to veil the moon's radiance, but its beams filtered through, illuminating the area in silver light.

Tōga surveyed the scene, eyes tracing over the crumbling buildings that enclosed them. Here, the music and chatter of the busy streets could not reach them. He felt the stillness of the night embracing him as he stood there, the cool air raising goosebumps on his skin. Overhead, the decrypted moon reigned, its blurred edges diffusing its light into a hazy shimmer. Shadows danced around them, retreating from the moonbeams only to amass once more where its light could not permeate.

"Whoa!" Tōga exclaimed as shadows suddenly swirled around Lumikki, enveloping her form. The darkness clung to her like billowing robes before dissipating, revealing not a woman but a giant raven in her stead.

Tōga stared in wide-eyed wonder at the majestic beast now before him. Lumikki had taken on an avian form, her sleek feathers gleaming with an otherworldly magic. His foggy mind reeled at the transformation, unable to grasp how she had shifted from woman to raven in the span of seconds.

Yet there she stood - a magnificent, mystical bird whose presence commanded awe. Tōga's drunken gaze drank in every detail - her sharp obsidian beak, the rich blue-black plumage, claws like polished onyx talons. She held herself with undeniable grace and dignity, her aura pulsing with ancient power.

Before Tōga could utter another word, he felt himself lifted by an invisible force. Gravity vanished as he was tossed high into the air, only to land securely onto Lumikki's feathered back. Instinctively, he clutched her sleek plumage, careful not to pull too hard. A euphoric smile lit up his face as her powerful wings unfolded and began beating the air.

"YEAAAAAAAA!" Tōga's exhilarated shout was swept away by the rushing wind as they rocketed skyward. Lumikki's powerful wingbeats propelled their steep ascent, the ground blurring into obscurity below. Tōga's hair streamed behind him, glimmering pink in the moonlight. His clothes billowed and flapped violently as they pierced through the dark sky. Unable to contain his elation, he lifted his arms up high, savoring the feeling of uninhibited freedom. As they shot through the first cloud, its misty moisture kissed Tōga's upturned face with refreshing coolness. He reveled in the sensation, watching in awe as the wispy cloud-shapes surrounded them for a brief, dizzying moment before dissolving away.

Exhilaration flooded Tōga's body, all traces of inebriation burned away by the crisp night air. No longer earthbound, they soared unfettered through the moon-kissed sky. Up here, his troubles and pain felt a lifetime away. He let out an exultant shout that was whisked away by the wind. Gazing down at the receding earth, he was overcome by the singular beauty of it all. With Lumikki's sleek avian form beneath him and the boundless heavens opening up above, he felt truly free.

Lumikki's flight was effortless and smooth, her raven form built for such graceful aerial maneuvers. Tōga clung tightly, not with fear but exhilaration. The higher they soared, the smaller the world became until it was just a patchwork blanket of light and shadow. Up here, wrapped in the solitude of the night sky, Tōga felt weightless - both physically and emotionally. No earthly tethers could reach him now. He let loose another wordless shout, hearing his voice echo through the empty air. Lumikki's responding caw rang out in answer, and Tōga smiled, savoring this magical shared moment suspended between heaven and earth.

This is amazing!

wc: 1006 [3570]

#10Lumikki 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:02 am

Lumikki

” How does it feel to see the world from above the clouds Dreki? Does it make it clearer to ye that the Heavens are indeed the destination ye want?” Lumikki was enjoying the flying herself, always finding it quite comfortable to be in her true form. To not be over encumbered by the restrictions of hiding away.

She was naive at times in her optimism, blessed to lead a life where those around her can care for her. Beyond the strife with her father and siblings, she did not know much conflict for what she was. But she would not bet on it forever, the peace she knows only exists because her kind is all too rare. Just as illusive as dragons, but more ominous in reputation. She does not care to be the representation of her race, being the first to swear the rest of the lot off herself, but she did want to be accepted. After all, she would be here for a while.

Lumi allowed her stride to be long as she took him a long ways from where they were. Her eyes were only looking up and before her, she hardly glanced at the ground. Getting fresh air a long ways from the darkness was giving her clarity once more. She did not realize how much of a stupor it was placing her into, and she wondered what a prolonged exposure would cause.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#11Toga 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:32 am

Toga

Perched high above the city, Tōga surveyed the scene below. The night sky was a sea of stars, speckled with countless pinpricks of light. Mirroring the heavens, the city streets glittered with their own constellations - windows glowing warmly like celestial bodies. Each one told a story, hinting at the lives unfolding within. Families gathering for festive meals, lovers stealing intimate moments, friends sharing laughter and memories. Tōga imagined the colorful celebrations cascading through the streets, joy and merriment pouring forth in Giran on this magical night. The city was alive with light and love, as if the stars had fallen from the sky to rest on earth.

The icy caress of the wind whipped against Tōga's cheeks as he soared through the night sky atop Lumikki's titanic raven form. They pierced through cloudbanks like phantom ships, moisture clinging to them in whispy shreds before dissolving into the endless ether. Tōga's clothes fluttered wildly in the roaring gusts, snapping and rippling with each powerful beat of Lumikki's wings. He inhaled deeply, savoring the crisp chill in his lungs. A joyous shout escaped his lips, echoing into the endless expanse - a secret message meant only for the stars. “This is amazinggggggg!” Far below on the ground, people celebrated the Day of the Dead festival, oblivious to the spectacular journey unfolding high above them. Tōga and Lumikki raced the clouds, two dark specters chasing the moon. Up here, they answered to no one but the wind. Ahead lay open sky and freedom.

"This is exactly where I should be, Lumi-chan!" Tōga shouted with glee, dipping and ducking his head as they soared through the starry expanse. The wind tossed his hair as he rode each gust and swell. His eyes sparkled with joy beneath the moonlight as he gazed upward. Stretching out his hand, he playfully grasped at the stars, his fingers closing around cold night air. Though the glittering celestial gems remained out of reach for now, Tōga was determined to fly even higher. With the ground nothing but a distant memory, the pair sliced through clouds and skimmed the heavens. The freedom and wonder of flight sang in Tōga's heart. As long as they could still chase the horizon and reach for new heights, he knew this was precisely where he was meant to be.

Tōga's gaze remained fixed on the glittering stars as he became lost in thought. "The sky can be my home," he murmured, "but who do the stars belong to?" His voice was gentle, almost reverent, as he pondered the celestial spheres high above. Their cold and distant beauty stirred a longing in his heart. Up here among the clouds, he felt a kinship with these remote pinpricks of light.

Yet they wheeled eternally beyond his reach, bound to paths unfathomable, belonging to the heavens alone. For now, Tōga could only admire their mystery and majesty. His restless spirit yearned to unravel their secrets, to understand who—if anyone—could truly claim dominion over their ancient and ageless light. For now, he took comfort in the thought that somewhere beyond his wild windswept journeys, the stars were shining still.

wc: 524 [4094]

#12Lumikki 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:52 am

Lumikki

” Stars lad, would belong to no one. I think in a few tales I’ve read long ago, they are their own kin. But who am I to really say. I’ve come to be formed of primordial frost, Aurilandür and primordial dark, Nótt. The two sisters that dance for eternity among the stars but all the same are far beyond us folk down here. I wouldn’t suggest anyone harboring a goal to make them yers.” She was not fully aware of his thoughts to reach them as oppose to own them. Only working on the foolish assumption she came to from his words. It was still an interesting direction for her in conversation, as she too felt kinship with those above.

After a while more of surfing the clouds the Demoness would begin to descend once more to the city below. She had her fill of the sky and playing mount. She wanted to return to the colors of the celebration below. But when she hovered about the city, she could make out that the streets mostly now laid bare. It saddened her at first but it would a blessing really, she could land in peace without the trouble of being sighted. And show that was what she set out to do before she saw some colorful things bobbing from the lamp posts below. Curiosity claimed her as she would glide toward them. Her talons would touched the ground before she would relax her shadows. All the excess disappearing away into the air as some guided Tōga safely back to the ground. Her form was that of almost human. Her skin in melting into the night but her hair as white as snow. She approached the thing hanging, abandoned for the night. There were a few more along the street as well, but they were all bashed out. Some of the sweets still laying on the ground.

” Ye think these are the Piñata’s one would hear about?” Her ice like hands would grab gently onto the ribbons and feel around its frame.

343_2860

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#13Toga 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:53 am

Toga
Lumikki's voice was soothing as she spoke, and Tōga found himself enthralled. He pondered aloud who could possibly own the glittering stars above. Lumikki considered the question thoughtfully before responding - no one. Her logic made sense. Reaching the skies was an impossible fantasy for most, unless you were born of dragon's blood or raven's wings. But to seek beyond, to worlds where only gods tread? That thought seemed even more far-fetched to Tōga now. "Maybe you're right..." he murmured, trailing off as Lumikki began divulging her next revelation, even more astonishing than the last.

"You were born from WHAT!?" Tōga exclaimed, his voice echoing as wide and bright as the moon above. He remained seated on Lumikki's broad feathered back as she glided onward, her avian form majestic. Her words were gentle yet candid as she revealed her origins - she was conceived of beings belonging to divine realms. This explained her extraordinarily potent magic and the eternal wisdom that flowed through her words like fine wine. Still, even coming from a dragon himself, Tōga could scarcely fathom someone born of not one, but two gods. Lumikki's lineage seemed impossibly profound, and he wondered what deeper truths she might share under the sequined sky.

The pair began their gradual descent, their dizzying ascent through the heavens coming to an end. Lumikki's raven form plunged through wispy clouds, momentarily vanishing before reemerging just above the earth. Tōga clung to her, the rush of air blasting as he ensured he did not fall. Dark shadows suddenly wrapped around him like a cloak, slowly lowering him from Lumikki's giant avian body as she transformed into something more humanoid. Her titanic raven shape dissipated as she assumed her usual form. Tōga's feet softly met the ground, his heart still racing from their exhilarating flight beyond the world of men. Lumikki turned to him, flesh no longer feathers, her eyes glinting with ancient wisdom under the moonlight.

"I think so! Want to hit one?" Tōga asked, eyeing a lone piñata swaying from a quiet vendor's stall. During their starry escapade above, the lively festival had wound down, leaving only the remnants of revelry strewn across the slumbering city of Giran. Most residents had already retreated home after the celebrations. Now Tōga and Lumikki wandered the deserted streets, the colorful debris of the festival surrounding them. Lumikki followed Tōga's gaze to the solitary piñata dangling invitingly. After their exhilarating flight beyond the heavens, they were ready for some grounded fun. Tōga gave a playful smile and nod, more than willing to take a whack at the defenseless decoration as they enjoyed the lingering magic of the festival night.

wc: 443 [4537]

#14Lumikki 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:47 pm

Lumikki

The thing was in the form of a rooster. Its feathers touched a bit of every saturated color you could think of. However, its crest was its usual iconic red and its beak was a bright orange. Where the legs usually would be, were an array of strings in their place. There were five, all with their own color. Lumi approached the thing and lightly tugged at all the strips underneath before feeling out the strips that acted like feathers.

" Almost feels like a shame to hit them....but I really wanna see one as it breaks as well
~"
A smile would show on her face, the Demoness was clearly amused. And when she got her fill of seeing the thing intact, she began to look all around for the things to break it.

A few sticks were thrown on the ground from prior games. A scarf, moving along to the midnight breeze, was hung from the rail of a nearby abandoned stall. Lumi walked over to the red scarf and took it into her hands, a tendril stretching out to fetch her the stick. She got close enough to the Piñata to be four steps away. She was tying the scrag securely over her keen eyes that see through most things, so that she may have a proper and merry time.

When she was sure to see nothing at all anymore, she spun herself in place. She used a ring of shadows around her waist as a guide to not get too far from her point. From there she held the stick tight in hand and halted. Disoriented for sure, she stumbled stepping forward. A sliver of shadow, on instinct, rose to meet her and secure her once more. She kept at it in her movements, trying to swing and hit the roaster.

305_3000

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#15Toga 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:45 am

Toga
Tōga gazed in wide-eyed wonder at the bustling town, enthralled by humanity's mark upon the natural world. Though nature's canvas was vast and pristine, mortal life had etched its legacy across the ages. Time alone charted the triumphs and trials of civilization. Fire, once stumbled upon, now illuminated progress - lanterns lining the streets glowed as testament. Buildings towered as tributes to timber and oak, architectural marvels crowned with pinatas dangling whimsically overhead. Tōga drank in the sights, marveling at how far ingenuity had brought humanity since those early days of discovery. The town shone as a monument to mortal innovation upon an infinite world.

"Go get 'em, Lumi-chan!" Tōga cheered as the demoness scoured the earth for a suitable stick. Finding one, she snatched up a scarlet scarf to mask her radiant eyes. With vision obscured, her shadowy magic unfurled - wispy tendrils keeping her oriented as she squared off against the piñata. Lumi-chan embraced the darkness, her luminous gaze now shrouded in crimson fabric. Tōga watched eagerly as she gripped the stick, ready to let instinct and magic guide her swings. The piñata hung innocently, awaiting its fate at the hands of this blinded demoness and her mystical shadowy aid.

Tōga watched with bated breath as Lumi-chan prepared to swing, the finale of her demonstration at hand. Gripping the stick tight, she planted her feet and centered her body, seeking an invisible target beyond the scarlet blindfold. Each movement spoke of focused intent - she was determined to hit her mark through magic and instinct alone. Tōga hoped desperately for her success, knowing the effort and dedication she had poured into this act. Though clumsy at first, she was steadily mastering the technique. Tōga felt certain her perseverance would be rewarded and the pinata would surrender to her strikes before long. Lumi-chan had honed her skills tirelessly, never wavering in her conviction. Now came the moment of truth. Tōga waited in eager anticipation, urging her onward, as she wound up and took the first mighty swing.

Let’s go!

341 [4878]

#16Lumikki 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:25 pm

Lumikki

Lumikki swung very heavy-handed on her first try. The momentum of the stick caused her to spring around thrice. A giggle escaped her lips as she was surprised by her gusto. But the earlier spins did her no favor in keeping her feet firm on the ground. Though her shadows would catch her almost like instinct, she almost shivered at the thought of taking to the air again. Her blood still spinning as her head was lighter than the stick in hand.

" Kukuku, let's try this again!~" She said as she tried to lunge forward and take another swing. Nothing was felt from her, no sound alerted her that she struck. It added to her fervor.

Lumikki took a pause, breathing in deeply, the moment she exhaled she tried again. Walking around and lightly spinning. Gidily laughing as she did. Striking first the post of a stall and a street lamp before finding her mark. Finally, she struck closer, and mentally she noted that she was hot on the trail. Intuitively trying to figure it out from there, she finally struck true. And after the sound would confirm her swipe, she struck two more times in quick succession. Savoring the simplicity of this game and the feeling it gave her.

Pulling off her scarlet scarf, she kneeled over and grabbed a handful of her prize. " Simple things are the best sometimes." She'd say as she dropped her stick and plopped down.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Curtain Call
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#17Toga 

Take A Swing, See What's Inside [ Lumikki]  Empty Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:39 am

Toga
Tōga's gaze followed Lumikki's movements with rapt attention, the hints of tipsiness unable to distract from her determined efforts at the piñata. They had slipped away as the festivities wound down into the quiet of night, the music and crowds fading into the distance. Now there was only the two of them beneath the starry sky, the lights of the city twinkling around them. No judging eyes or listening ears to make Lumikki self-conscious, just Tōga's patient and steady presence as she gripped the bat. Swing after swing she took, the paper mâché pony swaying gently under each blow but never quite giving way. Tōga was content to let her keep trying all night if needed, simply happy to be sharing this private moment away from everything else. The prize inside was inconsequential; the joy was being here together.

Lumikki's first swing whiffed through empty air, the bat finding only the night breeze. Tōga felt a flicker of playful disappointment in his chest at the miss, though his brown eyes still shone warmly at her efforts. He wanted so badly for her to shatter the paper pony and unleash the sweet rewards hidden within. More than the candy, he craved seeing Lumikki triumphant and joyful, knowing he had supported her to success. "You've got this!" he called out brightly as she wound up again, ponytails dancing. With Tōga cheering her on, Lumikki felt emboldened to keep trying. Even if it took all night, his patience and reassurance filled her heart. When at last the bat connected and paper shredded, their shouts of delight mingled under the stars. Kneeling amidst the spill of treats, Tōga's gaze found Lumikki's in an unspoken celebration of perseverance and friendship.

Lumikki's triumphant shout mingled with the crack of bat meeting paper mâché at last. "Whooaa!" Tōga's cheering soared even higher as the pinata spilled open, candy and trinkets raining down like colorful splatters of joy. His smile blazed brighter than sunshine as Lumikki yanked off her blindfold, taking in her victory with exhilaration sparking through her eyes. “Great job, Lumi-chan!” Tōga cried, sheer delight sculpting his features at her success. Lumikki's laughter chimed sweetly around them as she dropped to her knees amidst the prizes, hair falling in messy ribbons across her flushed cheeks. Tōga plopped down beside her, smile stretching wide as she showed him each treat discovered among the grass. Their voices danced together in lively celebration under the starlight, made all the sweeter for the perseverance shared to achieve this small but meaningful triumph of friendship.

So whatcha givin’ me?” He said, laughing and smiling concurrently.

wc:434 [5312]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum