Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1Judina † 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:18 pm

Judina †
It was a strange feeling to return. Even with a place you never knew of or had ever been too. But the sky was dark and the cloud where out. Judina had to ponder if this was a dream or not while staring upon the sky. She in some manner almost assumed it was some kind of after life trick being placed on her and something was going to show why she needed to think it was a trick she remembered being dead, As well as a few other things with it as well but mostly being dead it was something she had to ponder well.

Even looking at her reflection with in the river for a moment she had to. She seemed to be as if she was in tact from when she was around just before her passing and it was confusing. But nonetheless she was not any less grateful. Only pondering one simple thing. Did anyone she value know? She did not know even where here was, But it did not bother her all that much. She did wish she knew the limits.

Then she let out a sigh. Not that she was annoyed. But she was tired for some reason and did not know why. Maybe fate would make her luck and chance her with a few desires of her before her passing, she was hopeful for it. But she had to think would they know where to find her and if she was here? Surely the world had changed a lot while she was gone.

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Alexss10
#2DaeSeong 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:54 am

DaeSeong
He was making his way back to Fiore from Sin, so he was passing by Stella on his journey back. Although there was one thing he noticed. Setlla was... kind of dark. He had no idea what was going on to be honest. He kind of didnt want to be in the dark, pun intended. And so he wanted to find someone to enlighten him. Last time he was at Sin at the Longhe River. Clearly going to Xochatl River will be a wise move. Granted there was one problem. He didnt speak stellan, so if a local didnt speak a language he knew, he wouldnt understand them.

He saw a woman that sighed. Which was the first person he spotted, funnily enough he was unaware of the history of what happened to the lady or in what position she was now. Stella was being unusual for him, so he kind of took everything as normal here. He approached the lady and spoke to her in fiorian, hoping she would understand him
"Excuse me, miss. Can you spare a moment of your time to help me"

Fiorian(#ffff33) , Joyan(#cc99ff), Sinese(#ffcc00), Caelish(#cc00ff)
#3Toga 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:56 am

Toga

The anticipation had been building for days since Tōga first secured the quest that would take him somewhere undiscovered. Michael's sage advice had guided the mage back to Era where he finally found the adventure he had long been seeking. Now, standing in this foreign land with its unfamiliar sights and sounds, Tōga could no longer contain his excitement. It bubbled up inside him, overflowing with each new discovery that met his curious gaze. The possibilities seemed endless in this uncharted territory. Tōga's mind raced as he imagined what wonders he might unfold on this journey into the great unknown. This was exactly the kind of excitement he had been longing for.

As dusk fell, night unfurled its dark cloak across the sky, enveloping Stella in its shadowy grasp. The last rays of sunshine were smothered by thick clouds bloated with impending rain. A few brave stars flickered in and out of view through gaps in the cloudy canopy overhead. But soon even they were swallowed up as the clouds converged, blurring together like cotton candy dissolving into the inky blackness. The heavens rumbled, hinting at the downpour to come. Stella gazed up at the swirling firmament, marveling at the dramatic transition unfolding above her as day gracefully surrendered to night against this tempestuous backdrop.

The Dragon Slayer ambled along the banks of the Xochatl River, impervious to the crisp air thanks to the insulating embrace of his red hoodie and black overshirt. Though the cold could not permeate his fiery magic, he drew the garments tighter nonetheless as he wandered with no destination in mind. His breath came out in frosty puffs, mingling with the lazy currents of mist that danced over the water's glassy surface. Lost in thought, he almost didn't notice the two figures ahead until he was nearly upon them. Their unexpected presence broke the Dragon Slayer's reverie and kindled his curiosity. What business did they have out here along the remote riverside? He slowed his pace, ready to exchange greetings or confront them depending on their intent. For now, he was content to observe the strangers that had crossed his wandering path this day.

Yo!” the Rune Knight announced himself.

#4Alisa 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:17 pm

Alisa

WORDS: 400 | TAG: @Judina † @Toga @DaeSeong | RAINCOAT

Alisa had only just arrived in Stella, and she really didn't know what to believe... What she could see, was how even with this perpetually dark, dreary gray shroud of fog blocking the sun, and even though it had long since set, this still really didn't look like the Stella she remembered. The whole time it looked as though it might rain, and yet not a single drop had fallen. This wasn't her first Halloween, but after seeing so many of them, something this different caught her off guard... She heard the rumours... That an ancient Stellan God had stolen the power of Samhain and brought the underworld to the land of the living... But whether by luck or sheer coincidence, she hadn't run into any zombie apocalypse, or skeletons across the land. Just what had this God truly done here? Her adventures had taken her deeper into Stella, and she now strolled leisurly along the banks of the Xochatl River, where many Stellans made their home and were now busy putting up decorations for the festival to come. And thus she was positively surprised to run into a familiar face:

"Oh, Dae? Quite a coincidence, running into you here of all places~...? I take it you're also looking into what's happening in Stella?", she greeted, that smooth, honeyed voice calling out to her guildmate as her plush lips widened into a cool, captivating smile, delighted to run into one of her Guildmates so early into the festival. Blue Pegasus members were known for being in many places at once, so it filled her with pride to see one of her own guildmates had even beaten her to it, and they were soon joined by someone she'd never met before, and who earned her curiosity in turn, "Hello there~"

Clad in a long, flowing dark raincoat, Alisa had obviously come dressed for foul weather, yet Stella was far from a cold place for a woman of Icebergian descent. Instead, the air felt heavy and humid, clothes practically sticking to her smooth, pale skin, and as such she opted for a breezy red shirt with a wide, gaping neckline, flaunting the fullness of her figure while keeping herself cool and comfortable. Far from festive, but fitting for a little stroll before the festival. As she looked between the two men, her eyes drifted the woman Dae had just addressed, and her curiosity spoke louder than the need for introductions:

"Mmmm...? I must say, you look quite familiar?", Alisa mused, arching her brow with a quizzical look, her hands falling back in the pockets of her raincoat. Approaching from behind, she couldn't see the woman's face, nor would she have expected to see it considering it belong to a friend long since dead.

Strength is also Beauty

"Mind over matter"
- Alisa Vollan

credit to nat of adoxography.

Sheet | Relationship Plotter | GFX
Fortune Wheel | Victory Road | Dice Game

"Would you like a glimpse of real beauty, Guest?"

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) CyhFjWA

Main theme ~ Serious Fight!
#5Judina † 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:01 pm

Judina †
The best part for Dae Seong. Judina only knew Fiorian."I am unsure how entirely to help you. But I will answer your question nonetheless."It seemed to be a fair answer. The simple answer she spoke his language and showed she was friendly. Judina was pondering over her experience of some how being brought back to life and with out really expecting it, but then again how could she, her mind was no longer around to think of any things happening.

But there was more to come as people greeted one another, Judina knew she could move as well as talk but whatever else she did not know. But so far the two men where people she did not know but seemed to not really consider too much either judging them or having any assumptions about them either. After all while she answered one the other seemed to only just make himself known, nothing else.

But a final voice joined the bundle so to say, one she did not know but one who almost seemed equally confused by her."I suppose I do, Here I thought I would meet people in the after life...unless your all dead too?"Judina seemed to remember dying at least.

Even going as far to simply mention."I sure hope my mother and cousin aren't in this reality if everyone's dead.."it seemed Judina did not entirely know what was going on either.

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Alexss10
#6DaeSeong 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:59 am

DaeSeong
"Do you know what is going on. Why is this place perpetually dark?" he would ask the lady, although soon a chipper young man would arrive and greet the two. Dae-seong glanced at him and then back to the lady as he wished for an answer

In the meantime his Guild Master also arrived which kind of shocked him to see her out here "Oh Guild Master? What are you doing all the way out here in Stella? Also I guess you can say I am."

Speaking of shock, he'd turn back to Judina at what she spoke "Dead?? No no, we are very much alive" he then glances at Toga "Although I cannot vouch for the male stranger" he then asked Toga "Are you dead?" he spoke in his usual polite joyan tone.

He wanted to understand what was going on. Stella in forever darkness and now a person who claims to be dead or is really dead but somehow here. Granted he did meet Averie so he knows necromancy is a thing. So he shouldnt be surprised. Although, Judina was not what he expected when meeting the dead.

#7Toga 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:49 am

Toga

The lively trio was soon joined by an intriguing new arrival. Emerging from the misty shadows like an apparition, she was a vision of exotic beauty. Her voluptuous figure was accentuated by form-fitting garments unsuited to the chill night air. But despite her unusual attire and arresting looks, her most striking feature was her raw power. It rolled off her in palpable waves, speaking to a formidable strength beneath the surface. To Tōga's heightened draconic senses, her prodigious might smelled as heady and overwhelming as roses blooming in an inferno's heat. She moved with predatory grace through the raucous tavern, sparking both unease and allure with her otherworldly presence. Whether friend or foe remained unclear, but one thing was certain - this mysterious woman was not one to be trifled with. Her arrival signaled a change in the night's tide, for better or worse still unknown.

Beneath the darkened canvas of night, confusion reigned as an air of tense uncertainty descended upon the tavern. Tōga stood silent, looking on as the three newcomers conversed in familiar yet perplexing tones. The exotic woman and mysterious man clearly knew one another, evidenced by his deferential address of her as "guild master." Her immense power was thus validated and confirmed. Yet their words rang cryptic when directed toward the third - a raven-haired beauty whose eccentric garb was partially obscured by tumbling ebony locks. Though equally striking in appearance, she seemed clueless to their hushed discussion.

"Huh?" Tōga turned with a start as the man addressed him. That voice, that scent - familiar yet implacable like a childhood memory long forgotten. "Dead? Pretty sure I'm still breathing," Tōga chuckled uncertainly. But as the words left his lips, a shadow of doubt crept into his mind. He racked his brain, trying to recall his last battle, his last camp under the stars. When was the last time he had felt the grind of conflicting mana challenging one another? The days and nights had blurred together recently, one indistinguishable from the next.

Could it be true? In a world swimming with magic, where all manner of mysteries lurked just beneath the surface, who was to say what lay beyond the mortal veil? Tōga's eyes widened as his mind raced, grasping at half-remembered fables of the unrestful dead who wandered the earth bound by some unresolved task. Is that what he was now? Doomed to haunt this tavern until...until what?

Shaking his head, he tried to anchor himself back in the moment. The din of music and laughter felt real enough, the bitter taste of ale still sharp on his tongue. No, surely he still walked under the sun. But a faint disquiet lingered even so, a nagging doubt that perhaps all was not as it seemed.

Tōga took a steadying breath, patting himself down to confirm his physical form still remained. Flesh, bone, clothing - all present and accounted for. With a shake of his head he banished the chilling doubts for now. Eyes closing as he flashed a toothy grin, his pronounced canines glinting in the dim light.

"Yep, still alive and kicking!" he announced with carefree cheer. "Not sure why you'd think any different. Is there something I should know?"

#8Alisa 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:35 pm

Alisa

WORDS: 500 | TAG: @Judina † @Toga @DaeSeong | RAINCOAT

"Mmm, sounds like I'm doing the same as you? Even if they say there's a festival taking place, you can't quite lay back and enjoy it until you figure out just what in the world is happening here.", she nodded, her lips curling into a lopsided smile, her hand falling down on the swell of her wide hip as she cocked it to the side.

No matter what situation presented itself, the Wizard Saint trusted their ability to tackle it. As her eyes settled on the unknown male, she instinctively noticed the attention she got in return. She recieved plentiful looks from men and was used to them by now, to the point where recognized them well enough... And this man seemed more interested in her power than her appearance:

"No, you look very much alive to me~", she chimed back at Toga, her lips curling into a faint, welcoming smile.

You may take the martial artist out of her arena, but you can never quite take the arena out of the martial artist. As a happily married woman with children, and the leader of a Guild, Alisa had priorities other than fighting now, but she could still recognize and respect a fellow warrior. In the end, the mysteriously familiar woman stole her attention away all too easily, those words practically stunning her Alisa's eyes flared. She scratched her temple... No she didn't really remember dying? Did she? She had to admit, the setting here felt very much like what she'd expect the land of the dead to look like. Perpetually dark and foggy... Even knowing all this, Alisa could only trust her instincts and shake her head:

"Not at all, I'm still very much ali-... Wait...", it was then that she did a double take and looked at the woman once more... She did have a dead friend who looked exactly like her, many years ago ago. She'd died under mysterious circumstances during the civil war in Bosco. But she recognized that figure... That long black hair as silky as her own, and that ornate set of armor... Alisa's left eye turned white on instinct, activating the power hidden in it, and at that moment she knew she wasn't looking at an illusion, "...Judina?"

Was it really her? When Alisa heard of dead walking the land, honestly, she expected to find the more common forms of undead... Skeletons, ghosts, zombies... But this woman didn't look dead? So how could she...? The puzzled mage walked up to the woman, practically pacing around her until she got a good long look at her face:

"Judina!", her jaw dropped for a split second before she pulled the woman into her arms on reflex, squeezing her close, her nails digging into her back, her eyes growing misty as she squeezed her close, the long lost friend she'd never had a chance to say goodbye to, "But, what... H-How...? How are you here? You should be buried in Magnolia, and here you are... Looking just as you did back then...?"

Strength is also Beauty

"Mind over matter"
- Alisa Vollan

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) CyhFjWA

#9Judina † 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:28 pm

Judina †
It seemed there was a great mystery was a foot and she was a part of it, Not that she overly minded, Internally Judina seemed to be happy even if confused she was alive and one whole piece. Even if she had many questions still. As the events played out she would just mention."I have entire no idea what any of this was about, My last few memories was being beaten in an ally and closing my eyes."It was grim to mention it but Judina was never known to sugar coat anything ever. That was Judina recalling how she died just now in casual passing.

It felt Judina unsure as she felt alive here with in this moment."Hmm..I guess we have a not many clues do we?"Judina mentioned with a ponder about it."I only really feel different about it from just what i last remember.."the reality of death did just hit Judina for a moment and she let out a sigh."But maybe i just need to hope everyone else is okay."

Then what else would be shown was not laid bare. She let who was observe her while she was thinking over her many thoughts at the time, Alisa hugged her, Judina  seemed stunned for a moment. Almost like this idea of her being dead almost did not matter for the moment for she now was talking to some one  she knew and it made sense."So I did  truly die, It all makes sense now."It was just as she thought and it over all making it kind of grim and depressing to think about it she knew where she was buried too.

Alisa seemed to be just as confused by everyone else. However Judina was not going to try to be emotional. She had business to cut too before anything else. But the side of Judina that everyone knew hid away from the world due to her sense of duty showed. Quietly hugging Alisa and resting the guild master of Blue Pegasus' head on one of her shoulders. She was much like her father this way. Compared to the two she was about to hint at knowing."Are my mother and Cousins okay?"Judina coming back to where she was. Logically was behind on so many things with in the world now. But her first focus was on her family.

But Judina seemed to at least show she knew now sensitive this matter was becoming. As she was gently rubbing Alisa's back. Judina did not expect and answer right away but she wanted to know if her mother Judith was okay, her relatives Miriko and Tempris where okay. Even had to ask."And if you could check on and see if there is a very large cat out there called a Cattian by the name of Alistair...make sure he is okay too...Or am I pushing too much on you right now?"Judina seemed to be not trying to make it too awkward for them all.

#10DaeSeong 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:15 am

DaeSeong
He did not know this woman, but it was clear his Guild Master did. Judina was her name. She sounded important but he did not know who was she. The other male in the group confirmed he was among the living, so it seemed Judina was the only of the deceased.

She spoke of her demise, sounded grizzly. His jaw dropped when he heard her last words. Large cat, Alistair. It immediatelly made his mind go into a flashback as he remembered the drawing Mimi showed him. The one of her cat and a tombstone grave with an obfuscated name.

"Alistair? That is your-.... that was your grave stone??" he spoke nearly losing his words or breath as he connected the two and two. But he still answered the woman her question.
"He is doing fine. He is in the care of a good person. Do you wish for me to relay him a message?" he asked unsure what to do really. He was sure this would open old wounds for the animal. But Alisa was here, perhaps she can consult him what is the right thing to do

But aside from that, he was intrigued, he wished to know who this Judina person is. That means there would be plenty of questions for the Guild Master later

#11Toga 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:43 am

Toga

Tōga reclines back, keenly aware that he is the odd one out in this gathering. Of the four individuals present, the rest share ties that bind them together, however tenuously. The two women especially, judging by their warm embrace, clearly know one another on a deeper level. And the other man, though a stranger, shares a link through the large cat he had spoken of. Tōga alone stands solitary, disconnected. An observer on the periphery, privy to the bonds shared between the others that he himself does not partake in.

Though the misty night air was chill, meeting new people typically warmed his soul. But standing before the raven-haired beauty now, he felt an icy shudder of unease that penetrated to his very core. Despite her lifelike appearance, he sensed that the woman who greeted them was no longer among the living. She inhabited flesh and bone, yet lacked the animating spark of a true living spirit. Was her presence in the physical realm a blessing or a curse? Had her spirit been granted an extension to complete some unfinished business? Or was she trapped, denied the peace that should have come with death? He pondered the mysterious circumstances that had returned this soulless shell to the world of the living. For her sake, he hoped it was a gift and not a fate worse than death.

"What is the meaning of all this?" Tōga murmured, struggling to unravel the mysterious supernatural forces at play. The woman's lifeless yet living form confirmed that the veil between the realm of the dead and the world of the living had been pierced. But to what end?

Many perplexing questions swirled through Tōga's mind as he observed the strange gathering. The return of departed souls, the misty gloom, the assemblage of unlikely companions - it was a puzzle he had yet to decipher. What unknown power could recall the dead to walk among the living? And what fateful purpose had brought this ethereal woman back within the mortal realm? Tōga searched within himself for answers, hoping to illuminate the obscure significance of the scene unfolding before his eyes. For now, the truth remained veiled, like the woman herself, in an impenetrable shroud of mystery.

#12Alisa 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:41 pm

Alisa

Judina mentioned an alleyway, which Alisa imagined must be where she met her end. She'd only known she died under mysterious circumstances, but didn't really pry into the details with her family. The Crystal Mage smiled as the woman held her in her arms, and that feeling of nostalgia permeated through her entire body... She should feel relieved to have found her here, but when she thought about why she would have appeared here now, in this form, the sculptress could only worry about what ominous forces could have disrupted the natural order like this:

"You really have no idea huh...?", Alisa spoke as she realized the deceased Judina was just as puzzled as they were. She peeled away at last, giving Judina her personal space back, running one hand under her eyes, "They are, your family's doing well. Your mother is the Guildmaster of Fairy Tail now. Alistair is in Blue Pegasus as well~?"

She added, smiling as her hand lingered on Judina's shoulder, turning her attention to Dae with a nod as the two mentioned Alistair, now Mimi's partner. Alisa knew Alistair had been Judina's companion, but she herself couldn't recall seeing them together. Dae at least knew Mimi, and from his time in Blue Pegasus, she was sure he must have met some of Mimi's family by now

"This is Judina. She was a Rune Knight who passed away a few years ago.", she spoke, turning her attention back to Dae and Toga who had never had the pleasure of meeting her and might have been feeling even more confused by the whole ordeal than she was, "And for that matter, I believe i haven't introduced myself either. Call me Alisa."

Flashing Toga a cool, captivating smile, she stretched her hand out to him as she tucked a loose black lock away from her eyes. A bit of a strange circumstance to be meeting new people, but at the very least that made it an encounter neither of them would forget. Even for halloween, this felt a bit too much. She was no stranger to the mysterious yearly emergence of Samhain's realm, but this was new even for her... So she could only imagine how the men might feel.

Strength is also Beauty

"Mind over matter"
- Alisa Vollan

#13Judina † 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:10 pm

Judina †
Over all she seemed Judina was happy with the answers she heard from Alisa and the now named Dae. With the other man not yet named but she over all did not seem bothered by it because no one was threat over all at this time but she knew one thing she was dead."I think the meaning is simple, Some of the people walking here at this time might entirely be dead some where else."Judina was knight she was using to figuring things out herself even if the title was former at one point but that did not matter this time.

But it seemed some information did leave her confused her mother was a guild leader now."Wait...my mother is a guild master?"she mentioned about it even going on for a moment."My mother isn't the leader type...she had no desire for it last i remember."It seemed to actually leave her confused for a moment. Most people might be happy about it but it seemed almost like it was something she considered illogical.

But there was some other things less confusing. But if they where willing."I do not know who owns him now. But if you really wish to do such a thing. Tell him I am sorry I failed."In which was kind of hard on herself but it showed even some people when dead could feel regret for the things entirely out of control.

Even now she was outwardly thinking about her options."Now...if only i knew if any of my family here...I doubt my father would be,Same for my brother Regis,I doubt Waylon would be here, No idea about my mother. Tempris and Miriko i doubt are here unless some one else is watching over them."She was thinking out loud intentionally to see if any of the three of them had picked up on if any of the listed had been seen here or there was none of them here yet. But it seemed she was already trying to make plans and ideas when she was most likely limited time wise here.

#14DaeSeong 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:29 am

DaeSeong
Dae-seong was shocked that Alisa told this person that her mother is a Guild Master of Fairy Tail "What?" he was surprised. Now he even got to learn her name and that she was a Rune Knight
"Ah.... I see... Well, my name is Dae-Seong. I am a member of Blue Pegasus. Apologies for meeting in a rather somber... condition" he spoke to both Judina and Toga. Toga woud then also notice his Blue Pegasus logo that was on the upper arm of the suits sleeve. While his guild mark was not visible, he made sure it was visible via his fashion choice of clothing

Judina seems surprised that Judith is a Fairy Tail Guild Master, she was not considered a leader type. He looked down, seemingly looked a bit damper by this post mortem conversation. Although he was not sure what he was feeling truly or if he was feeling. He knew that in the past he was never the sympathetic or empathetic type. So he didnt know if he was changing or lamenting that he wasnt feeling much. He always faked his emotions, he got so much good at acting them because he knew it was the right reaction to have to situations to emote. But he didnt know was he doing a facade or was he being genuine.

He looked up at Judina, once again shock when listing names of seemingly family members "Miriko? She has your cat companion" if it was the same Miriko they were thinking about. But he doubted many Miriko's were in Fiore since that was more of a joyan name. Now he wondered if she knew who's grave that was. It wouldnt be too surprising. She was visiting a family members grave and sees the saddened Alistair and takes him in. Perhaps, the name of the grave in that drawing was much more significant and wasnt obscured because it was an unknown nobody, but so no one would pry her for family connections and opening of old wounds if she ever decided to share her artwork. This was something he wished to talk about to Alisa and Mimi

#15Toga 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:47 am

Toga

The caverns of the mind hold many mysteries, veiled in shadow and confusion. To enter is to risk madness, as the darkness overwhelms and entraps all who dare pass through. Yet patience is a light of its own. With persistent steps through the winding unknown, the dawn will come. Rays of understanding will pierce the gloom, shining truth into the deepest corners. What was once shrouded will be illuminated and known. The passageways once traversed in blindness can be walked again with eyes open, shadows banished, and mysteries laid bare. Where darkness once ruled, light now guides the way.

The sight of the long-haired beauty stirred something within Tōga. "Rune Knight?" he wondered aloud, auburn eyes flickering with curiosity. With a swift bow, his voice erupted eagerly, "I-It's an honor to meet you! I'm Tōga, a Rune Knight as well!" He shifted his posture, attempting the formal greeting despite his distaste for rigid formalities. Though she now walked the land of the dead, her membership in his order still commanded respect. She was a light that had gone out too soon, but her legacy endured. Her guiding flame would not be extinguished so easily. Tōga resolved to greet her as a true Rune Knight, no matter which realm she now called home. The bonds of their shared pledge transcended even the ultimate divide between the living and the fallen.

As DaeSeong introduced himself, declaring his membership in the Blue Pegasus guild, Tōga greeted him in turn with a bow and smile. The fragments were coming together, an image emerging as their talk went on. The web that bound them was being spun before Tōga's eyes, strands linking these strangers into a greater tapestry. Though their meeting seemed chance, perhaps it was fate that had drawn them to this moment. Each piece carried part of the purpose that had guided their steps to this intersection of lives. Tōga could sense the connections multiplying as their stories intertwined.

"Nice to meet you as well, Alisa," Tōga replied, letting his words drift off as she continued her explanation. Her words made sense conceptually, but the reality confronting them now stood beyond conception. Before him hovered a spirit wrapped in human form, an apparition of one departed from the realm of the living. Could she return to her eternal slumber if she wished? Did she desire to? These questions nipped at Tōga's mind as he pondered her curious predicament. Judina was suspended between worlds, neither fully bound to earth nor released to the hereafter. Tōga wondered if this limbo was a blessing or a curse for her wandering soul. Her calm demeanor concealed any unease she may have felt at her predicament. But Tōga sensed the unnaturalness of her state and longed to understand if she wished to remain or to finally pass beyond.

#16Alisa 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:48 pm

Alisa

Nodding at her assumption, Alisa could only wonder how such magic could have taken hold of this land, envelloping the entire country in this permanent shroud of thick fog, blocking out the sun and yielding it to darkness. She'd heard rumours about an actual God walking these lands... No doubt if anybody had the power to achieve a feat like this, such a being would have been called a God:

"I believe she found herself in the same position I did...?", she'd never asked Judith about her taking up that position, in Alisa's mind it seemed only natural that one of the Guild's oldest and most influential members should hold that mantle. She'd also engaged with Judith enough to know the matriarch would have probably not chosen to become Guildmaster if she had an alternative, "It may not be what she wanted, but she had to for the sake of her guild."

A sympathetic, understanding smile drew on her lips as she spoke... It was no secret that Alisa herself never ambitioned to be a Guildmaster. She had other priorities in her life, but ultimately chose the wellbeing of her companions and the protection of her home over her own ambitions:

"Oh hardly, you didn't fail anybody~ Well, how about this... Join us for a drink, for old time's sake?", Alisa invited, resting her hand on Judina's arm, looking between her other two companions, "It's Halloween after all, so you never know who might show up around here?"

She gave them all some space to introduce each other, as it seemed that outside of herself, none of the people present here had ever met one another before. Smiling as the two men shared their names, her gaze fell on Toga once more:

"Not at all, the pleasure is mine~?"

Whatever force had brought Judina back, it didn't look like the woman knew much more than they did. So instead of questioning her, she'd much rather let her make the most of what was most likely a limited time back among the living. With two members of Blue Pegasus, and one of the new generation of Knights here. Surely they could come up with something~?

Strength is also Beauty

"Mind over matter"
- Alisa Vollan

#17Judina † 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:35 pm

Judina †
Judina was learning more as everyone spoke around her the rune knights where back, while she was around they where disbanded at some point but her memory was a little foggy, which wouldn't be shocking."Huh so the rune knights where reformed huh?...I guess time really does change the world." Judina mentioned but there was a lot she did not know most likely because she was dead and she could not as a spirit persist in this world to learn and interact with it.

But it anything she sounded even more confused with the matter of her mother merely being in that position of happen stance."for the sake of the guild? was there clearly no one else? Kazimir?...nevermind I should be proud of my mother and not worried about her."Judina seemed to regain some sense of boundaries of personal opinions. When she thought about it she understood herself a bit more because she hated the idea of being a leader unless forced into it. Maybe that was where she got that from.

But in reality with death, Judina was a failure she failed staying alive, thus being unable to protect people, be there for family, help anyone in their time of needed, she just merely charged head first into something and died."Well, sure I failed. I charged head long into something i clearly couldn't have handled and died....I don't even know if i can really feel hunger or drink in this magic state of living either, But why not."Judina did seem curious about it enough willing to play along.

Then one final thing, who had Alistair."Wait...Miriko?....Like Mimi my little cousin who is always painting?"Judina also mentioned as if she was unsure of how to feel about it."She's too young to look after Alistair, unless Alistair's look after her."

#18DaeSeong 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:42 pm

DaeSeong
"Oh my goodness. You two really are related" he was in awe that he essentially met his guildmates cousin. Though she oddly said that Mimi was too young for Alistair
"Miriko? Young? She is older then me. She is in her mid twenties, I believe. Granted I have never asked a lady her specific age" he speaks and glances over to Alisa who was also a lady. Before he turned back to Judina, so he figures to ask

"I may not know you like the Guild Master, but hm... can you tell me what was the year of your death?" he figures that was a simple way of asking it. He cant ask when did she die as Judina didnt seem aware of the passage of time that happened. It was best to see when were her final memories. To math it out and compare. He can figure out when she died.

#19Toga 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:49 pm

Toga

"They had disbanded?" Tōga inquired, feigning ignorance of his own organization's history. In truth, the Dragon Slayer felt little need to dwell on the past. Worrying about what came before only distracted from the future ahead, and it was the present moment and that unwritten future which held his focus. Whether Judina opted to enlighten him or not, Tōga would simply offer a humble smile and recede into pensive silence as the group continued conversing. The Rune Knights comprised a unique tapestry of personalities and experiences. If this woman was truly among their ranks before, Tōga made a mental note to look into her story when he returned home. For now, he would linger and relish her unexpected return to this fellowship of sorts.

Content to observe, Tōga stepped back and allowed Judina, DaeSeong, and Alisa's conversation to flow freely. Their shared history effortlessly bred engaging discourse. Meanwhile, Tōga lingered on the outskirts. He felt no resentment over his outsider status; after all, he had only just met these companions in a land still foreign to him after mere days of visiting. It was only natural to feel distant among those bonded through experiences you did not share. Like a curious stranger in a new city, Tōga accepted his position with patience and interest, confident that in time bridges would be built. For now, he was happy to listen and learn about this intricate web of relationships that long predated his arrival.
Still, he couldn’t resist a cause to commemorate.

Let’s celebrate! Coming back to life deserves a cheers or some sort. Maybe a drink?

#20Alisa 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:53 pm

Alisa

"Mmm, they reformed not long after you passed away?", Alisa nodded, rubbing her cheek with an awkward smile, a little insecure about telling her deceased friend that she'd only just missed the reformation of the Law Enforcement Organization to whom she'd devoted most of her adult life, hoping she wouldn't end up carrying more regrets than the ones she returned with. She shook her head, thinking back to the encounter she and Kazimir, "Not at all... Kazimir and myself had... We met somebody who shook our worldview? He's still in the Guild, but he has his own battles to fight."

As a Nephilim, Kazimir had a deeper investment in the Church's deception than Alisa did. Where he sought retribution, Alisa knew she'd already spent too much of her life seeking vengeance.

"That's how most warriors meet their end... You fought for your principles right until your dying breath. Many would take pride in that.", she reassured her, lips curling into a sympathetic smile, only to chuckle as Dae mentioned Mimi's age, throwing him a teasing, knowing little wink as her lips curled into a smirk, "Oh Mimi is actually... Much younger than you think? But that's all I'll say on the matter~ If you're curious, you'll have to ask Mimi herself?"

At the same time, far be it from her to reveal a lady's secrets, but she hinted at just enough for Dae to get some manner of notion behind Judina's assumption. Alisa nodded:

"They did for a time. The Government was at its weakest back then, they left the Guilds to govern the various regions of Fiore, and the Fiorian branch of the Rune Knights were disbanded.", Alisa informed, folding her arm under her full bust, a hand rising up cradling her cheek... Her smile faded for a moment, thinking back to the great change that brought down most of the Light Guilds. It was a dark chapter for Fiore, not only the Rune Knights. Sounded like she and Judina both had a fair bit of war stories to share with Toga, who probably hasn't been in the Rune Knights for long if he hadn't heard about it. Then again, she imagined most Knights wouldn't be overly keen on recounting those days. Something to chat over a drink to lighten the mood, for sure, "Very well then, first round is on me~"

She almost felt tempted to ask for a round of shots for everyone, but ultimately, she left that option for a little later into the party, hooking her finger at her companions and beckoning them all to the bar, and quickly ordering the first round with an alluring smile on her lips:

"Hello there~... A round of pulque for the four of us if you would~?", she ordered, taking a seat at the nearest chair.

Strength is also Beauty

"Mind over matter"
- Alisa Vollan

#21Judina † 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:02 pm

Judina †
Judina was learning a fair amount of things that went on after she died. She seemed to miss that many things but it seemed to leave her almost in some kind of shock as these things kept going on and being told to her it almost seemed to confused her more and more."Well, I guess my passing seemed to have the future progress is interesting ways."It seemed to still some what make her unsure of herself of many things at this time if she lived."But yes they did disband when I was still alive, But my history as a person is over all different most likely then the knight now."

She was going to try and keep her chin up even if the matters that over all seemed to confuse her kept showing up."Mid 20's?....unless some kind of time magic was used Miriko should still be far younger then that."there was something fishy going on at this point and she had to ask."Did some one steal Miriko's name?"She had to ask as it was not making sense to her.

With how Alisa spoke of it it almost felt like a hidden thing she knew about and would not reveal but Judina didn't. Another secret yet again hidden with in the family."Fine...i suppose after so many years....a glass of water would be nice."Judina left it at that for now.

#22DaeSeong 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:49 pm

DaeSeong
He looked at Alisa who corrected him that Mimi is much younger than she thinks. He looked at her confusedly with a raised brow. He was pretty sure he was a good judge of character. And Mimi looks rather developed, to put it politely. Not just the features Alisa has, but general body type of a lady and her facial features too. If she is younger that would make her in her early twenties or around his age. Which was just absurd to him. She was behaving odd, Alisa that is. Being all secretive, saying he would have to ask Mimi about this.
"I think not. You and I are going to have a word after this, Guild Master" the pegasi thought to himself with his own inner monologue

He was less interested in the Rune Knight history and went along with the group. Tho he didnt get a shot as he very much wanted to be sober. So he just took a water
"I agree. A glass of water for me too"

#23Toga 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:09 pm

Toga

As the trio recounted their interwoven history before him, a rich tapestry of tales emerged. Their words wove a narrative accented with amusement, joy, and sorrow. Though a mere bystander, the Rune Knight discerned the complex web of their relations with relative ease. In truth, he remained an outsider gazing upon the unknown past. The unfolding stories illuminated just how little he grasped of all that had transpired to shape their present, or where fate might lead them still. With each new thread, his role as a detached spectator gazing in from beyond the frame was underscored. However familiar the scene, these characters' backstories unfolded along an alien path he had never trod. As audience to their sagas, the limits of his own perspective became increasingly clear. For all he thought he knew of them, their lives were bound by experiences far outside his purview or understanding.

"Let's go!" Tōga exclaimed with unrestrained excitement as Alisa accepted his offer and led them towards a local tavern. A little intoxication never hurt anyone after all. But before departing, he couldn't resist a playful jab at DaeSeong and Judina's taste for water. "You know what pairs perfectly with ale and wine? More water!" he called out with a grin. Though hydration was wise, Tōga refused to let the specter of danger deter him from revelry. One among them already dwelt between the realms of life and death, yet on this night, they would live. He would not squander the chance to hear more tales from one who crossed that divide. Somerisks were worth taking for the sake of camaraderie and a good story. So, with spirited steps unhindered by dread, Tōga followed Alisa into the tavern, eager to make the most of the night ahead. Their time together was fleeting, but the memories they forged would linger long after the drinks were gone.

"Thank you," the Mage said gratefully as a glass of pulque was delivered at Alisa's request. The tavern was modest yet cozy, neither cavernous nor cramped. It struck a perfect balance for their bittersweet gathering. As he reached for his drink, the Mage glanced around at his three companions, savoring the shared moment.

"What should we cheers to?" he asked them.

The tavern's dimensions seemed just right for housing the strange mixture of solemnity and joy that had brought the four together tonight. In this space that was neither too large nor too small, they could fully appreciate the assembly of their unlikely party - one walking between realms, another charting unknown waters, and two simply enjoying a night's respite from their travels. The Mage raised his glass, awaiting the cause they would hail in unison. However fleeting, this time together was worthy of commemoration.

#24Alisa 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:14 pm

Alisa

"Oh, worry not. Nobody stole your cousin's name~", Alisa reassured, shaking her head, a lopsided smile on her lips as she scratched her temple. She'd best clear up the misunderstanding she and Dae helped create, lest Judina spend her time on Earthland worrying herself silly over Miriko. Looking into her eyes with a reassuring gaze in her red wine hues, she spoke in a way that Judina would understand, but without revealing the young painter's intimate secrets to anybody else, "She borrowed her mother's magic, and hasn't undone the spell or its effects ever since."

Of course, her attempts were pitiful at this point, as Alisa knew for sure Dae or Toga could eventually connect the dots A B and C quickly enough if they cared to do so. Dae in particular was giving her that look that said he wasn't going anywhere until he got answers, to which Alisa could respond only with an understanding look as the four of them took a seat at the tavern. Much to her chagrin, neither Dae nor Judina took her up on her offer for something a little more intoxicating, even if Pulque was hardly stronger than ale:

"Hmm, very well, then I guess it's down to you and me to finish these four drinks, hmm Toga?", She smirked as she turned her gaze to him, winking playfully. When he asked what should they cheer for, Alisa didn't hesitate, turning her gaze to their returned companion, "To Judina, of course. May you have a wonderful time back here, however long it lasts~?", she cheered, raising her glass and turning to her companion, practically beaming, still beside herself at the joy of being reunited with someone she though she'd never see again.

Then and only then did she take a good long gulp of her freshly poured nectar. A slightly sweet, viscous beverage, utterly unique for Fiorian palates more accustomed to beer or wine.

Strength is also Beauty

"Mind over matter"
- Alisa Vollan

#25Judina † 

Only in a Dream, Does One Dance with the Dead. (invite/Dance with the dead.) Empty Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:44 pm

Judina †
Judina then kind of realized one thing and she would mentioned it aloud."I can't really ever make sense of my family...either sober of drunk anyway.."Judina said almost like she should have expected this but as things happen she did not expect it at all. But alas she would just merely get one simple thing because she was unsure of what all of the effects of this magic would have one her? did she eat? did she sleep? "A glass of water will do fine."It seemed she almost forgot about one detail that spell part.

and thus after that was mentioned she simply looked confused."Wait wait...why would do such a thing? that is highly dangerous to a developing mind."Judina was not one really to know how to parent children, she never had any of her let alone any kind of lover before her passing."Guess I would just have to ask her...."Judina seemed to have kind of mentally give up on how to understand all of this stuff now it seemed to have left her too confused.

But she seemed to try no to be a buzz kill. But joining in the celebration, internally she was worried about wasting things if this part of spell only was a temporary form of living. So water was just going to be good for now.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum