Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Journey of 1000 begins with [Training/Sparring ft. Alaric]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Toga 

A Journey of 1000 begins with [Training/Sparring ft. Alaric]  Empty Wed May 08, 2024 2:06 pm

Toga
The day mirrored his mindset: bright and clear, the sky unblemished by clouds or any hint of an approaching storm. An infinite chasm of space lay between him and the sun, a gulf impossible to traverse by ordinary means. Toga's thoughts were similarly unclouded, his usual aversion to muddled thinking replaced by an extraordinary calm. Today, distractions and worldly pleasures held no allure for him, a stark departure from his usual disposition.

Ordinarily, the world was a lake in which he longed to swim, where he could wade to its farthest edges and revel in the feel of water beneath his limbs. But today, he moved with a disciplined focus that was unfamiliar, rarely embraced by the dragon slayer. His life was like a tapestry once immaculate, now marred by the cuts, tears, and stains of his journey. Yet it remained beautiful, each flaw adding to its unique artistry, making it his alone. No one else could fully grasp the path that had brought him to this point. And today, he was ready to add another thread to the weave, another chapter to his story, marked by the acquisition of new skills and weapons.

Nestled deep within the heart of Aina Forest on Luluhawa Island, Toga sat with his left eye concealed, hiding his latest augmentation. Beside him, lying on a bed of verdant grass, was the mighty cleaver blade Zangetsu, resting peacefully in its dark splendor. Legs crossed, the dragon slayer gazed at a sheathed katana in his lap, its ornate hilt adorned with white and crimson-orange accents that shimmered in the dappled sunlight filtering through the canopy. It was more than a weapon; it was a symbol of his evolving journey, a tangible representation of the challenges he had faced and those yet to come.

I have two swords now and can use them fairly well, but no one would mistake me for a true swordsman…” he muttered, sighing deeply as if drained by his own shortcomings. The realization gnawed at him, a reminder of his need to grow beyond the fiery magic that had so often been his salvation.

I need to change that. I can’t always rely on my magic. Some battles will need more than fire,” Toga continued, his tone low but resolute. He forced himself to confront the truth: he'd been fortunate in past battles, facing adversaries who had natural weaknesses to his fire dragon slayer magic or limitations that played to his advantage. But what would he do when he encountered an opponent who could stand toe-to-toe with him or exploit his vulnerabilities? That's where Zangetsu would need to come into play, along with his latest weapon, Rengoku’s Kimetsu. He knew that to truly master these blades, to weave these new skills into the fabric of his abilities, would require not just practice but a deeper understanding of the swordsmanship that had eluded him until now.

wc: 490/3500 (END WC Reduction of 30%)

#2Alaric Holloway 

A Journey of 1000 begins with [Training/Sparring ft. Alaric]  Empty Thu May 09, 2024 6:32 am

Alaric Holloway
Had it always been this hot and humid? Alaric had awoken from a midday nap at the base of a large waterfall and thick forest. There were plenty of trees with knotting branches to curl up within and get a nice bit of shuteye. Bron had been nestled up in a nearby tree. Once the critter saw his master stir, it fluttered down and greeted him with a friendly chirp. Alaric gave him a faint smile and brushed the scaly head of his friend. “I knew you’d keep a good watch on me.” Alaric looked about the tree for the best footing to maneuver himself out of his cocoon of wood. As he came to the ground, the wind and mist from the waterfall nearby cooled him off.

Ah, this is exactly what I needed. He walked to the edge of the basin where the water had pooled before running downstream. He splashed his face with the water, while it was warm it was still refreshing. As his hands cupped in the water, Alaric’s gaze was fixed on the two gloves, Yin and Yang. Their contrasting colors represented their balance. Light and Darkness. Something that Alaric felt quite often; a torn between his human side, and his light. Contrasting against the werewolf, his darkness hid within. His gaze would break as the water splashed in his face, awakening him from his internal conflict.

Alaric gathered his gear and equipment and equipped it all before making his way down the stream that ran off from the waterfall. The island was beautiful but sadly, he was not here for long. Only coming here to finish a simple request and head back to Fiore. He and Salem had plans for a picnic in the forest when he returned. As Alaric followed the stream, the thick forest started to break away into a more grassy region. Still, the forest persisted but it was becoming much less overwhelming to the landscape.

The stream he followed forked into two different routes, Alaric opted to take the left route and walked for another five or so minutes before his nose started to pick up the scent of another. As he continued walking, he noticed a young male sitting on the grass with what appeared to be two blades resting beside him. A hunter perhaps, cleaning his tools after a successful hunt? Alaric cautiously approached. “Hello.” He called out in a gruff voice.

WC 414

A Journey of 1000 begins with [Training/Sparring ft. Alaric]  THOXIZP
#B72F22 | Sheet
#3Toga 

A Journey of 1000 begins with [Training/Sparring ft. Alaric]  Empty Thu May 09, 2024 8:51 am

Toga

In the dense heart of the forest, Toga relied on his instincts and the tools at hand to maintain his composure. Patience was never his strongest trait, and although gaining strength was his top priority, it usually stemmed from experience—combat and adventure where steel sharpened steel, driven solely by instinct and consequence. But that haphazard approach could only carry him so far. He needed something more sustainable, manageable, and predictable.

Resolute, he steadied himself within the vast blanket of grass around him. With Rengoku’s Kimetsu in hand, he admired the katana's vibrant, sharpened edge. His left eye remained closed, while his right focused intently on the glistening surface. Zangetsu, a massive and weighty weapon, required far more skill and strength than he could muster at this stage. Thus, mastery would have to come from the smaller katana for now. In this moment, the Kimetsu was his partner on this journey. Toga took a breath, his mind focused on honing his skills with this blade. He knew that refining his technique required precision, discipline, and patience. And so, he remained still, gathering his resolve as he prepared to wield Rengoku’s Kimetsu, seeking mastery through careful practice rather than by chance.

"Huh," Toga's nose twitched as he caught the scent of another. Turning his head, his pink hair fluttered in the wind as he set his gaze on the newcomer. "Oh, hello!" he shouted at the top of his lungs, waving energetically. His right brown eye carefully studied the figure while his nose sought further clues. The newcomer's scent was strangely familiar, even though Toga had never met this person. Oddly enough, it reminded him of Michael and Ursula.

"My bad! Was I bothering you?" Toga asked, standing up fully and dusting off the debris clinging to his clothes. "I thought I was alone, but you look strong!" He cut straight to the point, favoring a direct approach as his smile lit up his face. Toga's curiosity grew as he continued to study the stranger, noting the confidence in their posture and the determination in their eyes. This could be an opportunity to learn something new, to test his own strength against someone unfamiliar. He was ready to push his limits, to sharpen his skills in a way that mere training couldn't offer.

"Hey! This might seem odd, but do you want to spar?" Toga asked, his tone friendly but charged with excitement. He held out his hand in greeting, eager to see how the newcomer would respond.

Oh, that was odd! My name is Toga by the way! Should probably introduce myself before I jump out the window asking for fights, hahaha,

wc: 450 [940]

#4Alaric Holloway 

A Journey of 1000 begins with [Training/Sparring ft. Alaric]  Empty Thu May 09, 2024 10:28 am

Alaric Holloway
Alaric was caught a bit off guard. He paused for a moment before taking a few more steps towards the man. Still, he wondered if this was a smart idea. He seemed friendly enough. Nothing about his posture or tone made Alaric think he was threatening. It was mainly the two large blades that he had in his possession that gave him reason for pause. Not a normal sight to find a man with two impressive blades waving them around at you. The part that really made him skeptical of the man’s intentions was the comment on Alaric’s physique. Did he really look that strong? Compared to somebody like Salem, he was much more muscular but he had seen others in the guild that made him question his workout routine. “No, not at all. I was just finishing up some work and headed back towards the town. Sorry if I broke your mediation or whatever it is you’re doing out there with your blades.” His eyebrow lifted as he spoke, giving the man a clear sign he was confused by the chance encounter.

“Ah, um thanks. I guess.” was all he could muster as a response to the man’s compliment on him. It made him nervous. Why would he bring up Alaric’s strength? Did he know he was a were? Those blades could easily be turned on him if he was not careful with his words. Humans had been quick to react to that knowledge in the past. It was the offer of a spar that seemed to make his ear twitch with interest. A spar sounded kind of fun. He had not really had good combat fights since that time with Teveni and then he had relied too much on his magic and not his body. “A spar wouldn’t be too bad of a way to spend the rest of the day…But I have to wonder is that the best thing to do? You seem to have been out here waiting for a passer. Are you some psycho waiting to kill an unsuspecting person?”

He didn’t smell of blood nor did he exude any malicious behavior but there was something that just made Alaric wary of entering a fight with a total stranger. He would be foolish not to question this man’s true intent. “Those blades look quite sharp. Are you trying to hone them?” He eyed them intently once again. He met the man’s gaze and responded. “Name’s Alaric, nice to meet you Toga.” Something about how the man carried himself made Alaric less wary of him. Maybe he was just being honest about wanting to spar and had no hidden meanings. While the man had gave Alaric a compliment, he could do the same. He seemed like he was a fairly physically fit man. Alaric questioned who was actually stronger. “Fuck it, yea a spar sounds alright. How do you want to handle this? Are you a mage or should we just pumle each other until one falls?” He crossed his arms and shifted his weight to his right side waiting for the eager man to decide how he wanted to handle this spar.

Wc 545
Twc 959

#B72F22 | Sheet
#5Toga 

A Journey of 1000 begins with [Training/Sparring ft. Alaric]  Empty Thu May 09, 2024 10:59 am

Toga
Toga's gaze remained patient, though mildly confused, as he regarded the dark-haired wanderer. His left eye was closed, but he managed a half-hearted smile while listening to the stranger speak. Waving away any implication that the man had interrupted his meditation, Toga sought to ease his nerves. Meditation was a new ritual he had adopted to refine his skills. He'd much rather be dashing around the island, tackling a quest, or crossing blades and magic with someone than standing still. Yet, mastery required adaptation and flexibility. Mortals were like water, shaping themselves to the obstacles and currents of life. Toga was no different.

When the stranger showed interest in Toga's request, the dragon slayer's expression brightened with animated excitement. "Oh, good, gr—" he began, but his words were cut short as the man continued, expressing some skepticism. Toga chuckled lightly at the newcomer's wariness. "Makes sense to be cautious," he agreed, understanding the stranger's hesitation.

"Oh, don't worry! I'm not here to murder anyone," he laughed, waving away the notion. "It's just been tough to find a sparring partner out here, so I figured I'd ask the first person I saw." Toga's words were filled with warmth and sincerity, emphasizing that his intentions were purely coincidental rather than malicious. He looked at the man with unwavering resolve, eager to prove that his motives were genuine. "I promise you, it's just a friendly sparring match. We can both learn a lot from it!" He gestured to the small clearing they stood in, the forest canopy providing a natural arena around them. "What do you say?" He smiled, exuding a playful charisma as he awaited the stranger's response.

Alaric? Cool name! I guess my streak of meeting fellow Joyans here has finally run out, hahaha,” Toga chuckled, finding no hint of familiarity in the syllables of Alaric's name. While not every Joyan adhered strictly to tradition or chose native names, Toga had been lucky in identifying people from his homeland until now. Alaric seemed to be an exception.

"I do have magic, but today I’m just using these swords and the spells that come with them. You guessed right; I’m working on my swordsmanship," Toga explained, scratching the back of his head and running his fingers through his pink hair. "You can use whatever you like, but I think Kimetsu and Zangetsu will be enough for me." He didn't want to underestimate Alaric or make assumptions about his strength. Instead, he saw this sparring match as a valuable opportunity to test his limits and break through his own glass ceiling. Toga was a dragon slayer by nature, but he chose to become a swordsman. He needed to wield his swords with as much ease as he did his fiery magic. Alaric’s unfamiliar presence, detached from the Joyan roots Toga knew so well, was a welcome challenge—a chance to grow stronger and refine his skills with both blades.

His transcender’s blood boiled as the spell-sword lifted the black cleaver from the ground before mining it’s tip into the dirt, opting to hold Rengoku’s Kimetsu in a proper stance. A silvery aura shimmered around him – a natural evolutionary peculiarity of his body as his Extinctas attribute materialized in real time. “Let’s have a great fight! Use whatever you have and come at me! Good luck!

wc: 561 [1501]

- Rengoku's Kimetsu Drawn!

#6Alaric Holloway 

A Journey of 1000 begins with [Training/Sparring ft. Alaric]  Empty Fri May 10, 2024 2:40 pm

Alaric Holloway
Maybe he was overthinking it. This guy didn’t seem like he was malicious at all. He was more than what Alaric would even consider friendly. He was interested in the remark the boy made about his national ties to being a Joyan. Alaric had never been to the country nor did he know much about it. Really, he knew next to nothing about it. He had never met a Joyan to his knowledge. Maybe in passing, but none that he ever conversed with. “I’m okay with a friendly spar. As long as neither of us goes too far with things. I don’t want to be signing up for a death match unwittingly.” Alaric placed his bag on the ground and Bron fluttered over to it. “Alright, Bron. You stick to over here, we’ll get something to eat after this.” Bron’s dull reddish body plopped right on the bag. He shifted the materials within until he had formed himself a little chair to watch the upcoming entertainment. Alaric chuckled a bit and rubbed his little head.

He walked over towards the man, leaving a nice 20-meter or so distance between the two. He looked at him with a confused look. “You sure you’re a mage? Most I know only know how to use magic first and their body second.” He smirked. He was still a little stiff from his afternoon nap earlier, so Alaric started to do a little stretch. Bending down to touch his toes, twisting his body back and forth, and extending his arms. As he was finishing up, he called out to Toga. “Nah, I’ll skip the magic too today. I’m not really feeling that exhausted myself to that point. My body is enough for me.” He balled his fists tightly before relaxing them. The blood rushed through, waking up each finger.

Alaric studied Toga while he was stretching. The first thing Alaric noticed was that Toga was several inches taller than Alaric. He was probably at least half a foot, maybe less. He also kept one eye close at all times. It didn’t look like it was damaged or anything like that. At least, not as far as Alaric could tell. He found it a little odd, thinking that somebody with a permeate bad eye would just get an eyepatch rather than squint it shut all the time. There was nothing else too distinctive for Alaric other than that. Alaric brought his hands up to a standard boxing stance. His eyes widened when he noticed the aura starting to radiate off of Toga. This was not something he had seen before. Was he bluffing when he said he wouldn’t use magic? Alaric had to be on his toes. It was best to take this slow. It was especially pertinent to take it slow since he had two swords while Alaric only had his fist and body. “Alright, Mr. Shimmer. Same at ya.” Alaric started to slowly shuffle in an outward circle coming towards Toga. He was by in no means moving fast towards Toga. Simply, slowly making the gap between the two smaller. All the while readying himself to dart to the side or backwards to evade one of those blade’s strikes.

Wc 550
Twc 1509

STATS BREAKDOWN:

#B72F22 | Sheet
#7Toga 

A Journey of 1000 begins with [Training/Sparring ft. Alaric]  Empty Mon May 13, 2024 12:07 pm

Toga
With a hearty laugh, Toga responded to Alaric's presumptuous agreement to the training session, his tone light and jovial. "Hahaha, don’t worry. I don’t plan for either of us leave to leave this forest in a body bag or anything." Despite his prowess in magic and his penchant for seeking out conflict as naturally as drawing breath, Toga held a profound reverence for life. The notion of willingly casting it aside for the sake of a marginal improvement in his training held no appeal to him. Alaric had nothing to fear from the dragon slayer's quarter. "Truth be told, I suspect I'll be the one on the defensive for the majority of this encounter," Toga admitted, his words tinged with an odd mix of mirth and sincerity.

Even with the use of a single brown eye, Toga could discern the immense physical talents that coursed through Alaric's veins, likely surpassing his own. Having crossed paths with several werewolves in the past—even holding a strong affection for one—the dragon slayer was well-versed in the inherent gifts bestowed upon their kind. Alaric's very essence exuded that hereditary fragrance, enveloping him like the radiant sun on a summer's day. Anyone possessed of a keen nose and familiarity with the species would have no trouble detecting it. Yet, there was something more at play. Alaric's strength seemed to eclipse even that of Michael and Toga's beloved Ursula. A smirk played upon Toga's lips as he realized he had indeed discovered an exceptional sparring partner.

With meticulous attention, Toga observed Alaric's slow, deliberate approach, his direct steps transitioning into a rotating arc that encircled the dragon slayer. Toga's smile never wavered as his eye tracked Alaric's movements; his gaze unwavering in its concentration.

The Exctintas, already poised in a proper stance, tightened his grip on his weapon, his breath slowing as he carefully gauged the distance between them. Armed with an intimate knowledge of his weapon's reach and his own wingspan, Toga had a clear understanding of his effective range. While Alaric exuded an aura of raw strength, if he chose to rely solely on his fists, Toga would capitalize on the advantage afforded by his weapon's superior reach.

There. The moment arrived. As Alaric continued his circular enclosure, closing the distance to within Toga's range, the soft click of metal heralded the arrival of Rengoku's Kimestsu. The blade sung through the air, effortlessly emerging from its scabbard in a lightning-fast draw. With a fluid motion, the pink-haired dragon slayer aimed to flash the blunt edge of the blade across Alaric's chest, mindful not to cleave him in twain. The concussive force alone would suffice to leave a lasting impression if the strike found its mark. A fair trade-off.

Toga maintained a compact slash, his body poised and fluid, ready to react instinctively to any counter. The training had begun in earnest!

wc: 501 [2002]

Combat Log:

#8Alaric Holloway 

A Journey of 1000 begins with [Training/Sparring ft. Alaric]  Empty Tue May 14, 2024 3:38 pm

Alaric Holloway
Here we go Alaric thought tho himself. With each shuffled movement, the sounds around him faded as his focus narrowed onto the man before him. With only one eye fixed on Alaric, Toga had limited his visual range by half. If Alaric was smart, he’d use that to his advantage as much as possible. He was hopeful to gain a better understanding of the man’s movements before coming in for a proper cage fight. If things got too sour, he could always try to throw some dirt in his eye. A blind un-trained swordsman might be just as liable to slice their hand off. Alaric could not assume that the other eye was useless though. For all he knew, it could be an aspect of the man’s magic. He had read stories of those with magic so strong in their eye they could turn a living man to stone with a second of its gaze. No magic is what they had agreed upon though.

Woosh Alaric instinctively stepped back at the sound of metal, narrowly dodging the slash of Toga’s secondary weapon. The blade’s swift entry to the battlefield told Alaric that his thoughts were right. This was not going to be a simple spar. Using his momentum from the step back, Alaric hopped back two more steps. He wanted to keep the distance between the two of them for the moment. Resettling his footing, Alaric retook his stance.

He looked at the blade that had just tried to take a bite out of him, or perhaps not. It appeared that Toga had opted to swing the blade with the blunt of the blade facing him. Maybe there was no hidden agenda in this man after all. No, it was probably more likely that Toga was sizing Alaric up right now. Trying to see his movements and patterns. Alaric couldn’t assume anybody was a novice or a master until he saw them with his own two eyes. For all he knew, this was just a very clever first move in Toga’s intricate dance. A man with not one but two swords as fine as these had to know what they were doing.

Alaric lifted his arms into a defensive stance. He took a loud nostrilled inhale before exhaling, equally as loudly. Alaric opened his stance up with his feet pointed in opposite directions at a slight angle. His knees brought his body closer to the ground, tightening everything up like a spring. Like a spring, his knees stayed ready to pop and bounce away. He had taken a more defensive stance and his eyes and posture extended a loud ‘Come at me’ towards Toga, inviting him into Alaric’s range this go around.

Wc 456
Twc 1965

STATS BREAKDOWN:

#B72F22 | Sheet
#9Toga 

A Journey of 1000 begins with [Training/Sparring ft. Alaric]  Empty Thu May 16, 2024 6:07 am

Toga
As the sun cast its rays over Luluhawa Island, it illuminated a landscape ripe with the promise of determined growth. Those who walked beneath its warm glow might not have been aware of the potential that lay before them, but for those with ambition and inspiration, the gains they could achieve on this day could be monumental.

After all, the purpose of life was to exist, to grow, and to evolve. To learn from one's mistakes and strip away the pieces of oneself that promoted weakness or frailty. To discard the unnecessary and make room for the evolutionary steps that could bring one closer to their ultimate self. This was the reason why this morning held such importance, and why Toga trained with unwavering dedication.

Blessed with the rare and immensely powerful gift of dragon slaying magic, Toga excelled in this area. However, this was the moment where he would shed his inadequacies and create space for growth. Though not yet a swordsman, he knew that with time and perseverance, he would become one. This was the path he had chosen, the journey to becoming his best self, and he embraced it with open arms and a determined heart.

Toga mused to himself, a perfect smile adorning his features as he watched his blade narrowly miss Alaric's frame. The dark-haired lycan, with instinctive focus, pivoted and withdrew, his footfalls carrying him just out of reach of the slashing blade and ultimately beyond Toga's range entirely. The dragon slayer observed with a wide smile, his eyes telling a story of their own as he thoroughly studied the way Alaric moved, documenting the patterns he wove to evade the attack. The werewolf's retreat was simple yet efficient, his circular approach seamlessly transitioning into a linear escape. It was a testament to his skill, and Toga couldn't help but respect it.

"Ooooh, nice Alaric-san! You're as quick as I thought," Toga called out, his words validating his earlier assessment of the man. Alaric possessed physical tools that naturally outclassed his own, an innate advantage in this battle, especially after Toga had limited the encounter to the use of weapons or the magic that originated from those tools, rather than the users themselves. Reflexivity was but one facet of combat, yet it was significant enough to allow for inferences about other capabilities. Toga's smile only grew as he realized the true depth of the challenge before him, his excitement mounting with each passing moment.

"But I wonder if your strength is just as impressive," Toga whispered, his words barely rising above a whisper as he resumed a more traditional stance known as Chudan-no-kamae. With his feet shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent, he elevated his left heel, positioning his left foot slightly behind his right, and squared his hips to the front. His katana rested at naval level, extended forward but angled downward. "Here I come, Alaric!" Toga exclaimed, his smile growing more excited as he tightened his grip on the weapon's hilt.

Without hesitation, he pushed off, his body shooting forward at breakneck speeds towards the werewolf, his weapon held overhead. His entire focus centered on the warrior before him, the dragon slayer veered slightly to his left, favoring more visibility for his right side and creating a more situational response. As he entered the range of his weapon's maximum length, Toga pulled his arms down, attempting to drop the blade upon Alaric, aiming to cleave him in two. However, he wielded the blunt side of the weapon, ensuring that no lasting harm would come to his opponent.

wc: 600 [2602]

Combat Log:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum