Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Brone Heavyaxe 

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei) Empty Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:13 am

Brone Heavyaxe
Brone Heavyaxe and Yuurei Starlight were summoned in formal writing by Gnicholas the Gnome of Darkness to the observatory at the top of the highest tower in the guild. Because of the fact that the dwarf never visited the highest point of the tower, he didn't even know they had an observatory, and had difficulty trying to find his way there, so he asked for assistance by Huginn and Muninn who obliged and directed him.

"Why is he summoning the warrior of the guild and you to the tower?" Huginn asked while the ravens perched on the dwarf's shoulder. Brone shot the bird an irritated stare, knowing the why he asked was intentionally trying to annoy him.

"Don't know, but it better be a good reason" Brone said as he made his way up the stairs.

"Are you busy today, Brone?" Muninn, the more kinder of the two ravens asked.

"No, but I could be busy" The dwarf sheepishly scratched his beard, slightly embarrassed that he made it seem that the gnome had interrupted his schedule.

Eventually they reached the observatory which was a large circular room with windows encircling it all throughout. There were items there with the intention for observing of course, such as a telescope, maps of star charts, items to help observe the weather, all things alien to the dwarf. There on the other side of the room was the gnome peeking in through a pair of binoculars, staring out the window. Benimaru floated nearby.

"Watcha want, gnome?" Brone asked as he walked across the room.

"Good morning to you too, Brone" Gnicholas greeted without looking away from the window. The dwarf was going to try and correct the gnome and say it was the afternoon already, but when he looked to the clock on the wall and saw it read "11:57" he dared not attempt it knowing how meticulous the gnome could be.

Once Yuurei would arrive, Gnicholas would finally turn to face them and explain why he had summoned them there, "So I have a bit of research I need completing, but the archives of the guild lacks certain information, so I figured I'd ask you two a series of questions so that I can fill out the rest of my own archive" he said as he hopped onto a nearby table and opened up a book about his size.

#2Yuurei 

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei) Empty Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:56 am

Yuurei

Yuurei was relaxing as he always was when he was in the guild. Okay, that was a small lie, if he wasn’t doing paperwork then he was relaxing. The Seraphim would get a letter, and he figured that they would be doing a job today. He wasn’t sure who it came from, so he opened it and then he would chuckle when he saw who it came from. It would seem like the gnome that was friends with Brone wanted him to come to the observatory.

He wasn’t sure why he wanted their audience up there, but he figured it wouldn’t hurt to go. He would put the letter away would brush his hair back as he looked over to Renji. He would see that his partner was sleeping and he figured that he wouldn’t bother him. If anything, he could go and look for him and possibly find him.

The hunter would leave the office, and he would close the door behind him. It was then he would ascend the building he was in. His office was within the largest building within the guild. He made his way up there and he wondered what was happening. It didn’t bother him, but he didn’t think Brone’s companion would be the one who would summon him. It was funny, yet confusing at the same time.

He didn’t hesitate though and he figured that Brone would be there too. The walk up there wasn’t bad, and honestly, he could have flown up there. When he got to the observatory, he would see that he wasn’t wrong with Brone also being there. He would wave at the two of them and then the gnome would start speaking to them.

Yuurei would hear him out and he would chuckle a bit as he found this interesting. It was like the gnome wanted to gather information about what was happening throughout Earthland and everything that had already happened. The Seraphim figured he would be able to answer any questions he could as he was fine with giving people knowing that they didn’t have before.

“Sure you can ask away. I will make sure to answer anything I can.” He said to Gnicholas waiting for him to do something.

Renji would open his eyes and he noticed that Yuurei wasn’t in the room. He would stretch a bit trying to figure out where he had gone.

#3Brone Heavyaxe 

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei) Empty Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:52 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Brone looked back to see Yuurei had arrived so he waved back at him. Taking one look out the window, the dwarf could appreciate the view from high up, but he would always prefer to be on ground level. He knew the gnome tends to talk a lot, so he took a seat at the table while the ravens atop the telescope.

"Well my first question is for you, Mr. Starlight" The gnome looked up to Yuurei from the book, "I read that you were able to obtain divine magic of some kind through the 'grace' of an angel, now tell me, what is this grace and what makes it different from other magic?" Gnicholas readied his pen against the pages of his book.

Brone held back a chuckle. He had always wondered what 'grace' was whenever Yuurei had spoken about it, but it was never truly something to rattle someone's mind about. As for the magic, the dwarf figured 'what kind' didn't matter either, for him, magic was magic; if it wasn't a weapon or shield, then a category didn't matter.

Benimaru hovered around the table, interested in the discussion and joyful for being able to be apart of this social experiment, albeit no one was able to read his expression since his mask held only one look and he wasn't able to speak at all, but at the end, he was still happy. As for the ravens, they watched, curious of what answers the guild master would give.

252 | 655

#4Yuurei 

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei) Empty Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:12 pm

Yuurei

Yuurei would look over to Brone as it would seem like he felt like they were going to be here for a long time. He would just stay standing as he didn’t mind it. The Seraphim would just turn his attention to the gnome as he waited for the questions to be asked.

He would point at himself when he was directed and soon after he would ask away. When he was asked the question, he would rub his chin as he was thinking about how he would answer this question.

“Well, I was about to die, I was given the grace of Uriel. He had appeared to me on that day and had given me the blessing to continue to live on. Of course, it seemed like I would have to do things he wanted me to do, but that was when I broke the contract between us.” He paused for a second as he took in some more air before talking.

“Then when that angel approached me and Brone he was strong and unlocked something in me. I still think of myself as a half-elf, but I’m something more now. The grace I have is my own, but it's something I hide because seems to bother those around me whenever I walk around normally.” He said as he figured he would add more to the fact of how he gained Requip magic.

“My father had told me that we had come from a long line of blacksmiths from Joya. I had decided to figure that out and during my journey, I found a place where I was able to find a bunch of weapons. These weapons had been used in the past by someone in my family, and they had blessed me with new powers and that is how I’m able to use different armor, and weapons in battle.” He said to Gnicholas waiting for him to ask any more questions.

He could only smile because of how strong he had gotten since the war with Ansem was over. Renji would get off his ass and he would start walking around. He had opened the door without a problem, and he was looking for Yuurei. He wondered where he would start and decided to go up the stairs and to the roof. He knew his friend loved being up high and just enjoyed the cliffs, and ledges to see everything laid out in front of him.

408|808

#5Brone Heavyaxe 

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei) Empty Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:25 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Listening to Yuurei's story and explanation to his angelic powers, Gnicholas wrote in his book while nodding, now getting more information he didn't have and confirming bits he had assumed due to the lack of other bits of information, however the half-elf didn't explain what exactly 'grace' is and how it differs from other magics; so he marked down that Yuurei himself wasn't sure. Though he did turn to another page where it was strictly an entry about Yuurei himself, so he written down the information of lineage as it was explained.

Whatever 'Grace' was, it might or might not be the source of this 'divine' magic that resonates from the angelic beings. The gnome had left a note for himself that he would need to look further into

"Brone, you have four arms... please explain in detail" the gnome flipped over to a page where he had already written down theories to have the dwarf had two extra arms.

"Well, lad, when me, Yuurei-"

"'Yuurei and I'" The gnome interrupted the dwarf. The room fell silent as they stared at one another, "When you refer to more than one person including yourself, you don't refer to yourself first, you refer to yourself last" then there was another moment of silence as the dwarf just stared at the gnome, his expression showing some form of irritation.

"Yuurei, Kaito, and I" Brone emphasized the names and paused for a moment to see if Gnicholas would correct him again, but once he realized he wasn't going to be interrupted again, he continued, "Fought Ansem's vampire army and at one point, I was overwhelmed and outnumbered" He then stood up and was gesturing with his arms as he was explaining the story, though he at times would exaggerate. But eventually he would then get to the part when he broke his shield at the request of the mysterious voice and his arms grew from his body.

Gnicholas written down in his book mostly assumptions since Brone was too vague in describing the situation. This still left the gnome wondering how the arms came to be, but he at least got some information regarding a magical patron that had provided them to him, but even the dwarf wasn't sure who this mysterious patron was or why they would actually provide this power to the dwarf; was the person an enemy of Ansem?

"Alright, something simple and easy, how's about the way you two have met one another?" Gnicholas turned to Yuurei. The half-elf and the dwarf were very close and the only other person who were there when the two had met was Kailani or Kaito, which neither of them were available to the gnome. After this questioning, he would end up leaving the interview for the day and pick it up another time.

456 | 1,111

#6Yuurei 

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei) Empty Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:39 am

Yuurei

Yuurei would see that the question he was asked was done with and he would look over to Brone as he was asked a question next. The Seraphim would look over to Brone as he was curious to know the answer to that. He never asked his friend how that had happened, and he figured that he had a reason.

When the explanation had begun, Gnicholas interrupted Brone correcting him. Yuurei chuckled when he heard him because he didn’t expect that from the little gnome. It was then Brone would get into the story behind how he obtained this specific ability. It would seem like it had happened during the war against Ansem. He had given up something for more power. He had even the score because of that, which was something he couldn’t blame Brone for.

“Interesting, Brone. I didn’t think that’s what happened. I thought you somehow had those arms after we were away from each other for two years and were waiting for the right time to show them off.” He said to him with a smile on his face as he looked over to the gnome.

He wondered what else he was going to ask them. It was then the question would be asked and he would rub his chin. His face tilted up to the ceiling as he was thinking about how they had met. He looked to Gnicholas and figured he would say something simple and then he would allow Brone to elaborate more on the subject.

“We met in a different guild. We were in Blue Pegasus and when I saw him he was reading a book. I think he was learning how to be a proper gentleman to fit with the guild we were in. He was doing his best if I remember correctly. It was quite interesting and at the same time amusing to watch his journey.” He said to Gnicholas as he waited to see what Bronze would say.

329|1137

#7Brone Heavyaxe 

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei) Empty Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:14 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Brone would laugh at Yuurei's assumption of how he acquired his arms, "If that was the case, I would have busted them out during our first fight upon my return, can ye image a random fist coming out from nowhere to sucker punch you while we're clashed, blade and blade!?" the dwarf was speaking loudly as if they were in a tavern together, speaking of tales over a drink, but it was the gnome who had shushed him, reminding him where they were. Brone rolled his eyes as he went silent.

As the dwarf listed in on Yuurei's answer, he nodded before piping up again, "Aye, I remember that, trying to be all proper" he had rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment as he chuckled. He then turned around and pulled down on his armor and his undershirt to show the tattoo on his left shoulder; a Blue Pegasus guild tattoo which was covered up by a bouquet of Forget-me-nots, "I'll never forget those days" he said as he returned to his regular seating position.

"Alright, so you two have shown great prowess amongst the both of you, but do either of you lack anything in combat or possibly a weakness?" Gnicholas scribbled down the answers as they continued to flow.

Brone looked to Yuurei for a moment, a bit hesitant, but he then shrugged it off, "So long as ye don't get the word out, yeah, I can't deal with fighting in water, or in the air, but it didn't stop us from whacking that dragon out from the sky, right!?" his answer picked up in volume at the end as he extended Yuurei a clenched fist for a fist-bump.

288 | 1,399

#8Yuurei 

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei) Empty Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:38 am

Yuurei

Yuurei would hear Brone’s words and he would nod; he was right about that, if he had obtained them prior, then he would have seen it coming even as a surprise attack. He knew that the dwarf didn’t like to hold back against him, so he shrugged that idea out. He looked over to Brone as he would be the first to answer Gnicholas’ question. The Seraphim would think about what was said, and he would scratch the back of his head.

He wasn’t sure, but he heard Brone’s weakness and he nodded as he could see that being his weakness. He would fist bump him when he heard the tale of the dragon, and that was a fun fight.

“What would I lack possibly a weakness.” He said to himself tapping his chin.

“I’m weak against nature magic. It’s weird but becoming a Seraphim has made nature hurts me more than usual. My right arm takes a stinger from light magic that touches it more than the rest of my body.” He said as he would say one more thing.

“If you ever want me to hold back, have someone I care about as a hostage. Still, I’m too nice of a person and I tend to help those who are good and bad as long as they are causing me to do something illegal or harming others that are innocent or don’t deserve it.” He said to Gnicholas as he wondered what else he wanted to ask.

#9Brone Heavyaxe 

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei) Empty Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:00 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Brone was surprised to hear that Yuurei had a weakness; such an issue had never came up. Sure when it came to the dwarf, he was very vocal and obvious about his own personal weaknesses, but for Yuurei, he had kept this a secret, at least to Brone who was surprised to hear. Though the dwarf wondered what was considered 'nature magic', "So... if I got a potted plant..." the dwarf was scratching the back of his head, thinking hard on this matter.

"We don't need to dwell on this" Gnicholas was quick to interrupt Brone before the dwarf said anything ridiculous that the gnome didn't have time to humor it, so he decided to move on to the next question, "Why did you come to Paradise Dawn instead of staying in Blue Pegasus?"

This question got Brone out of his train of thought, 'For the adventure and battle, of course!" he quickly sat up, as he flexed all four of his arms, "As much as I miss the pegasuses-"

"Pegasi" Gnicholas interrupted the dwarf again correcting his vocabulary. For a moment it was quiet as the dwarf stared at the gnome, who continued to write in his book as if nothing had happened.

"As much as I miss them, I agreed to go to the north for thrill of the hunt, fighting monsters and evil-doers" Brone sounded heroic as he said this and it wasn't a surprise to the gnome, knowing Brone this well at this point, the dwarf was best suited for such quests.

263 | 1,662

#10Yuurei 

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei) Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:42 am

Yuurei

Yuurei would scratch the side of his head when he heard Brone’s comment. That wouldn’t have worked, and he would look at him and shook his head. He was about to say something but the gnome would interrupt things and he would ask another question.

He would chuckle when he heard this question as his reason for leaving was personal. Brone had joined for the adventure, which made a lot of sense. To be honest, he felt that his friend did fit in within this guild more than the one they were previously in.

“I can’t say I went to Paradise Dawn for the same reasons. My best friend was within Blue Pegasus and after confessing to her feelings, she couldn’t give me an answer. So, I did what I thought was best and separated myself from the guild and her. I heard a new guild was forming and at the same time, learning that a few people were also joining, pushed me to come here.” He said to Gnicholas.

“When I got here things were set into motion and now I sit on top of the guild.” He added as he wondered why he wanted to know this.

199|1585

#11Brone Heavyaxe 

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei) Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:11 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Gnicholas nodded his head as he continued to scribble down the answers he was receiving from the other two. His expression didn't change, but the dwarf was animated in his face. Even though he knew the reason why Yuurei had left, albeit had forgotten somewhere along the way, he was surprised and felt sadden about it. He nodded somberly, understanding that there were fights that they couldn't win, no matter the strength or magic they had and that was a lesson Brone had to learn one day in his youth. "A life lesson indeed" he said out loud, though he didn't intend to do so.

"Well then that will be all for today, I thank you two for helping me with this" the gnome said as he pocketed his pen and closed his book.

"That's it? I was hoping for a longer interview since ye called us all the way up here" Brone threw up his hands in the air feeling a bit irritable; truthfully he was enjoying the interview but was too prideful to admit it.

"There's nothing else to ask at the moment" the gnome chuckled as he closed the book and took a quick look at the telescope and noticed the ravens perched upon it, "Well... there is something I've been wondering; Brone, I've noticed those ravens about and very tentative; are you able to speak to them? Are they your informants?" Gnicholas turned to face the dwarf.

Instead of answering, the Brone simply stared at the gnome for a few seconds before getting up and saying, "Damn gnome asks too many damn questions" then preceded to walk out the door without saying goodbye to anyone, not even Renji who he passes in the staircase.

Gnicholas gave Yuurei a questioning look before shrugging his shoulders and pocketing his book before hopping off the table to heading out the door as well, "Have a good day, Yuurei-san" he said before vanished into the staircase. The interview was done and many questions were answered.

342 | 2,004

[Exit]

#12Yuurei 

Indulging the Gnome (Social - Brone and Yuurei) Empty Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:07 pm

Yuurei

Yuurei would wait for something else to be asked, but it would seem like the gnome had gotten everything he needed from them. He watched him as he would stretch his arms into the air as he was glad the questioning was over. He chuckled when he heard Brone fighting with him on the interview. It was a short one, but it would seem like he had gotten everything he wanted today. He would look over to Brtone as he had asked him one last question.

When he saw Brone walk out of the room without a word, he would smile as it would seem like he was right about that. Those crows were able to give Brone information, but he most likely couldn’t share the information. He had a key to access the memories within Brone’s memories, but he had to wait for him to become unconscious for him to truly use it.

“Well, you hit a nerve and hammered it down like a nail. Seems like you’re right about that.” He said this as he would look at the gnome.

He would bid his farewell to Yuurei and the Seraphim would wave at him.

“See, you around.” He said as he figured that he would also be on his way.

He would make his way out of the room and when he did, he would see that Renji was walking up the stairs and he would smile at him. He was a bit too late to the party, but that was okay. Renji would look at everybody that had walked down the stairs and he wondered what he had missed. He didn’t say anything to anybody except for Yuurei. He would look at his friend and he would stare at him.

“So, you were just hanging out with other people. You couldn’t invite me?” He asked Yuurei waiting for him to answer him.

Yuurei would look at Renji and he would laugh as it would seem like he shouldn’t have left him.

“Nah, I was just asked a few questions. You were sleeping, so I didn’t want to bother you. If you really wanted to come you would have woken up when you heard my sudden movements.” He said to Renji.

The Exceed heard his words and he would only shake his head. He wasn’t wrong, but he could have just taken him along even if he was asleep.

“Whatever, where are we going now then?” He asked him waiting for Yuurei to say something.

Yuurei would smile as he would pick him up and he would take him down the stairs and to their next destination.

439|2044

[exit]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum