Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Cold Front of Night Fall

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Brone Heavyaxe 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:30 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
The sound of ravens cawing echoed early evening as the sun was setting over the horizon, the last rays of the sun touching the distant town of Rush Valley. Many of the employees of the guild hall had received word that a sparring match was going to happen, this time of Brone Heavyaxe and his niece Lumikki Omena. This caught their attention and adjusted their schedules so they would be able to see the fight. The Day Patrol had clocked out, but the Night Patrol had joined them, rushing to the training dome. It wasn't until they nearly passed Alice, who told them the fight would happen at the main bridge, that both patrols changed direction.

They were making their way towards the main tunnel that connected to the southern side of the bridge, but Ericson, who hesitated, had asked "What if Brone notices us? or what if we get caught in the crossfire?"

"Then we'll watch from the towers!" Sasha said. Everyone agreed and quickly ran towards the main office tower. Several of them took positions at windows that had perfect view of the tower and waited.

Though he had sent word to Lumikki to meet at the bridge at sundown, he made sure to arrive just as the sun was setting. He donned his armor and readied his weapons. He made his way down the bridge from the northside, his blue helmet tucked under his arm. Gnicholas and Benimaru were watching from a window of a tower by the northern side of the bridge. As for Huginn and Muninn, they were flying above the center of the bridge, cawing every so often as a signal that a fight were to happen soon.

The patrolmen spotted Brone and kept themselves from yelping in order to keep their position a secret, less they risk getting reprimanded by said dwarf.

The dwarf reached the middle of the bridge and turned to face the setting sun, already touching the horizon and continued to dip. He had been expecting this day to come, ever since he witnessed Lumikki practicing her ice magic with her nan.

"Morgrym!" Brone laughed as he sat the table alongside his older cousin, slamming his tankard onto the sturdy table, "Ye little one shows talent! She gets strong enough, I might have te test her mettle!" the two male dwarves laughed as they watched a younger Lumikki trying to conjure her ice with the supervision of her nan.

Brone’s Spread:

#2Lumikki 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:32 pm

Lumikki

Uncle Brone did something she never thought he would actually do. Well, he did enthusiastically join her in training her spells. He was also so proud at what she managed to show him. She wondered if he heard the fight that she recently had with the Angel and wondered if that is what finally spurred his curiosity to also fight her. What ever it was, she was actually kind of excited. There was no one here she wanted to impress more. There was no one here that she wanted to try her hand at fighting.

It felt like ages now since she first entered the guild. Meeting him, what felt like at the time, at random. She stills remember the look on his face when he saw her.

”From the little I observed, he seems like a strong guy. Your Uncle was it?” Are you nervous?” Asked by Lonu, a spirit of nature turned into a raven to join her along in her travels. He was a fairly new addition to her flock.

Lumikki was slipping into her Plumage, the traditional dress her mother had sent her a bit ago. One that her Nan had worn for a time. ”What’s there to be nervous of, you know how strong my Lumi is. She could easily beat him!” Trygve the trustworthy but prideful would defend. He didn’t want to see his girl hurt from another fight. He barely recovered from thinking she died fight the Heartless Angel, so he hoped the cheering her on would help her beat her Uncle. It was all he could do since he knew he could never talk her out of it.

”Have I seen her Uncle? There’s just too many people here ta keep track of. I don’t know how ye do it all Trygve…” Alune would chirp in. The current recent addition as she was freshly saved from a cage in the bandit fortes. They held her to sell her at a hight price because of her white feathers and blue eyes. She was trapped since the moment she knew how to fly, and from the grumblings and complaints of the bandits, she grew up thinking of Lumikki as a myth and legend. A Demon and her ravens the men would say.

Lumikki finally dressed for the challenge, slid on her Raven’s Crest on last. The mask she created and forged with her Uncle using her ice as the medium. As she walked over to the window her steps were hushed. ”This isn’t about beating him, its about proving to him and meself that I’m strong enough now ta stand by him. He’s no Heartless Angel. So there’s nothing to worry about there. This is going to be something more than just some fight. Thought I’m really am excited for it.”

She turned to look at her ravens as she stuck out her tongue in her playful gesture of excitement. Step up to the window sill and letting herself fall out. Lumikki would swan dive before shifting to a raven herself, her flock close behind her.

She flew right for the bridge as her Uncle had arranged, already seeing him standing there even with all this distance. Her brothers were croaking and circling the skies above. Lumikki flew over to them with gusto. The sun still shone in the sky but not for long. Soon it would set and their battle would begin.

Why he would ever choose to settle this at night? She assumed it was his sense of honor. To fight her at her full capacity. She appreciated that, it was such a nice contrast to the Heartless Angel intercepting her letter and fighting her in its stead.

”Wish me luck brothers, ye know better than anyone how tough this’ll be!” She passed her brothers in the sky before landing to the opposite the side of the bridge to her Uncle. Shifting back to a Daemon before hitting the ground. She already saw much of the patrol within the higher towers poking out their heads as they watched from a safe place. Clever she thought as she would give them a hardy wave before looking to her Uncle.

To him, she would give a massive smile. Throwing her arm up and stomping the ground. ”Ye sure ye wanna fight me Uncle, I’ve been training to be a menace in battle so that I would make a strong pillar to the Dawn. Even ye Uncle wouldn’t like the taste of me black ice. Speaking of, after this is all said and done. We should go back out for drink to celebrate.” She hopped in place from her excitement. She know some worries prefer to keep a stern farce when they encounter her opponent but that wasn’t always her preference. She would prefer to seem like a ditz entering as it would disarm her enemy if they decided to her over confident. The more she fought and practice the more she wanted to be relaxed to her preference as she entered. She hated having to ice herself and grit her teeth as she entered battle. She only wanted to enjoy the chaos and the clashing instead. And she felt she would be able to enjoy just that here.

Lumikki's Pokedex entry:

Stats:

The Cold Front of Night Fall Img_0212

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#3Brone Heavyaxe 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:29 pm

Brone Heavyaxe

A flock of ravens flew from the northern part of region, where the dormitories were. One raven, whom Huginn and Muninn recognized too well passed by them before diving below towards the bridge. The brothers dropped from the sky, diving after the daemoness, "You need no luck, Frost Maiden" Huginn cawed.

"Let your ice bloom" Muninn encouraged her. He wanted to tell her that Brone even admitted that he was nervous himself, but he dare not break the pact. How the contract is so constricting.

The dwarf watched as the sun's orange glow was beginning to fade. The sound of the ravens cawing growing louder, creating a ruckus above his head. But suddenly in one quick moment, they all went silent as Lumikki's voice took the stage. Brone's eyes immediately went to the young ice witch, his niece... his opponent. He didn't even realize she had arrived, so silent she was, and her influence was obvious, the ravens parted and fell silent for her.

"Aye, lass, I'm sure I want te fight ye; I want te find out if ye are ready to be a Pillar to the Dawn itself." Brone walked away from the railing to face Lumikki. The moment he slid his blue helmet upon his head, the area fell in temperature. The patrolmen in the towers reacted, breathing into their own hands for warmth or huddling together, "I've handled many types of ice in my time, so ye better bust out the strongest of that obsidian ice ye got there" He drew forth into his left hand, the green axe known as Spellcleaver, and into his right hand the golden axe of Beowulf as he bent his knees, positioning himself into  a running stance, his piercing eyes cutting through the dying light as he kept his focus on his opponent, "Because ye not wee anymore, I ain't holdin' back" his voice dropped to a serious tone, his frozen breath visible in the open.

He kicked off and ran forward, tightening his grips on his axes. Once he closes the distance, he would swing his golden axe horizontally at Lumikki's midsection.

358 | 767

Brone’s Spread:

#4Lumikki 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:17 pm

Lumikki

Lumikki tasted the delicious cold air, inhaling the frost of it hungrily. The North of Fiore could really use more frost and winters she thought. She missed this kind of chill.

Trygve met with the Ravens of Brone to observe among them. Lonu and Alune would join him out of curiosity, as these two ravens were noted to be “brothers” to Lumikki but also that they did not often fly along them.
”Greeting mentors! Happy to say I’ve been practicing your advice since we last met.”

”Advice for what? Your the same as when I met you?” Lonu had flown right by him to ask his question before looking to the brother ravens. ”Nice meeting you both. I am Lonu, an old nature spirit of the Worth Woodsea. If i remember hearing correctly, you two are special yourselves.”

”Special? What makes a raven special? And what was that bout being and old spirit Lonu? Are ye old?” Alune the youngest and most naive of the bunch was stilling getting her bearings. She very much was excited to meet with an interesting pair of ravens like that of Huninn and Muginn.

Meanwhile down below the Dwarf looked on to the sunset until the last sliver left the sky. The darkness came flooding in. He dashed for her and Lumikki would dash herself. She ran to the edge of the bridge swan diving off the ledge. She was already wrapped within the darkness, and now she wore it with intention. Her wings sprouting instantly as she arched back up to take of into the sky. The darkness would coil her arms and legs, fashioning her sharp frosted talons. And wings like feathered horns would adorn her head.

Lumikki climbed up so that she rose above the bridge. The chill in the air didn’t cause a shiver, but it was like a blanket in the sky. Slowing her down at first when she ran off the bridge but no long bothering her now that she shifted forms. Now she darted to the skies above looking down to her Uncle that she left below.

Lumikki pulled her Harp from the void of her Plumage. ”Ye no idea how exciting it is ta fight a legend of our family. Though I still prefer fighting along side ya. Oooooh is it exciting to test me frost and not hold back! Let’s see if the black frost blooms!” Lumikki started to pull the strings of her harp. Playing her melody so that her Uncle was met with the feeling he often brought to others himself. She even sung an old song her Nan taught her years ago. One that called ruined to your foe as they fought you. An eerie song that slipped out her lips like some sweet lullaby. She made the terror seem nearly sweet, it was as chilling as cold of her frost. Slowly creeping into you and wearing down your strength until one wanted to curl and sleep within the snow for the last time.

When her song and melody and song were done. She looked over to her Uncle once more. Pulling her arm back to change her spell. Multiple lavender circles would form all around her. Black frost weapons manifesting rapidly and in perfect detail. All her Uncle’s axes also appeared within her arsenal, along with the spears of the Heartless Angel. The stars of their own stories, she thought, shooting down on her command as she forged with with her black ice.

This attack was not new to her Uncle. He was there when she trained it. Yet still she hopped to do him proud with how much stronger she would hope to get. She swung down her arm, the weapons flying down past her. The sung as they pierce the air and shot for the Dwarf below.

”It is alway quite the sight to see lil Miss’ black ice forming. Hard to believe its ice sometimes or how strong even the fragile things she makes is.”

”I myself could never get tired of seeing my Lumi’s ice. So befitting a lady of the North don’t you think?”

Alune never got to see the ice or winter herself, Lumikki’s frost was all she knew. Like ravens were suppose to be black and snow is white, it only felt to her that the inverse was true. Lumikki’s black ice was just as much a fact as her white feathers. ”I just find it beautiful…”

744|||1618

Plight of a Raven:

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#5Brone Heavyaxe 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:45 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Huginn and Muninn circled the bridge, searching for a perch for them that would provide a good enough sight of the fight. Three ravens flew alongside their wings, "Ah, Trygve, good to see you, and wonderful, continue to practice" Huginn chuckled in excitement, it was indeed going to be an enjoyable evening.

"A pleasure to meet you, Lonu" Muninn greeting the new arrivals, "We are old spirits ourselves, but just as much as we are spirits, we are ravens too" he gave them a hint, it was enough to keep them guessing with wonder. Huginn gave Muninn a look, as a reminder to not give off too much information; not because of the contract, but because they were secretive creatures who enjoyed being the air of mystery.

"Nothing wrong with being old, hatchling, it means we know much more than your average youngling; for knowledge is the magic of ravens" Huginn flew beside Alune before he and Muninn dove down to perch along one of the bridge railings far from the far.

As for Brone...

He wasn't surprised that Lumikki had chosen to run from him, for she isn't a melee fighter, but to run to the railing had made him question, but he didn't slow, he continued, but couldn't catch in her time as she leaped off the side. The young one wasn't stupid, he knew that too well, so he didn't worry about her safety, though a shiver did run up his spine.

He was able to breath easy once he saw her take flight, but this became troubling as she was now above him in the air, out of his reach. "I brought dragons down from the air, lass, don't think this will slow me" he called to his niece, though he wasn't lying, but he left out was the fact that he was assisted by his friends; Kaito had used his magic to get him onto the back of the great lightning dragon he had fought before.

Brone stood on the bridge, looking up at Lumikki who had pulled out a harp, making the dwarf raise an eyebrow in confusion. As she began to play her melody, the dwarf confused this to be a way to taunt him. He sucked his teeth, holding back a sigh and a laugh. He would have taunted back at her, but something washed over him, like a wave of heaviness and fatigue. When traveling with his uncle on a three day hike through a blizzard, the younger dwarf nearly collapsed from the exhaustion and cold. His uncle's words echoed to him then and echoed from his memory now, keeping him from falling on his face.
The Battle Begins:

The music coming from Lumikki's harp was the source, but the dwarf didn't understand how he was hit when he didn't even see any magical energy coming his way. He didn't understand that the spell traveled by sound without needing sight. He then poked his nose with the dull edge of Spellcleaver, hoping it would negate the magic effect, but when he realized it wasn't working, he figured he may have to destroy the harp itself. Something like this happened before; Kaito had drained him of his strength, but Brone wasn't aware of how until Huginn and Muninn told him later. But in a fight against Lumikki, they were not allowed to interfere, nor did they even tell him anything of Lumikki's battle prowess. They would speak of all secrets into his ear, but they favored Lumikki. Not that Brone wanted them to reveal her secrets, but it was interesting that those two ravens became so close and loyal to her.

"You don't think Brone is upset with us for not letting him know about the harp?" Muninn asked as his feathers fluffed up in nervousness and worry for the uncle and niece.

"Tis better he knew not! For this tests his might further and because it is greatly amusing!" Huginn loudly cawed in laughter, his wings spread as he bellowed. As they spotted Lumikki's armory of weapons raining down upon the bridge, Huginn nearly fell off the railing in laughter.

Brone braced himself as the weapons rained down upon him. Several had missed him, but he wasn't untouched; swords, axes, and spears struck his armor and helm, the sound of metal being struck was ringing in the armor. When the rain settled, he acted.

"Take me as close as possible" Brone said as he kept his eyes on Lumikki. The white cloak heard him and did as he asked. Brone suddenly flew up into the air; though the dwarf was nervous of leaving the ground, keeping his sight on his niece made it easier for him... well, initially, for as he got closer, he was able to see his niece's transformation clearer; she resembled a demon which was off-putting for him, but he expected this, when the two of them spoke at the Silver Cleaver, she opened up to him about her demonic connection, and it was the line she told him that kept him from worrying, that she would use her powers to stop the evils that pose a threat, even demons.

After getting within range, he would extend his golden axe from his body and began to spin in mid air, activating the spell within the axe and causing a tornado to form.
Victor of the Dragon's Massacre:

"What is that idiot doing!?" Gnicholas was watching the fight through his telescope from the observatory high up on the tallest tower, "This is the reason why I take precautions and sent Noctus to keep sight of them just in case" The gnome began to rub his temples, trying to keep himself getting a headache from his excitement.

Noctus, the black pegasus was flying around the area. He managed to spot the two fighting when the tornado was created.

838 | 1,605

Battle Log:

Brone’s Spread:

#6Lumikki 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:12 pm

Lumikki

"Beings of the in between aaay. I would not inquire further as I understand the charm. Though I was hoping to meet more of my kin. I don't mention my nature often see, but I figured it would matter here. I hope you won't mind taking me under your wings as well, the experience of a raven is fairly new to me." Lonu flew paritcularly closer to Huginn in his inquiry, feeling as this bird was the one leading in the wisdom. This nature spirit originated from the Worth Woodsea, as his forest burned he lost all he had. It was Lumikki's visit that inspired him to shift to something new and move on for the moment. Hopping the traveling and new form would teach him wonders, but the presence of these two gave him even more hope with what he could me. Their wisdom was clear and he still felt fairly naive.

Alune, the youngest and the most confused with who she is and who the wanted to be. Darted to fly beside Muninn as she herself didn’t want to be left out. ”I would hate to be left out of this big family, if ya don’t mind. Yer family to Lumikki then I suppose that’ll make ye big brothers of mine.”

The trio followed the duo in their pursue to roast and observe the clash of their respective masters.

It was to note that in Huginn’s reaction and merriment of Brone’s misery of Lumikki’s spells drew Lonu and Alune closer into liking his company. Trygve was impartial, though he very much enjoyed the duo not spilling the secrets to his Lumi.

When the Dwarf bellowed out and began to take to the skies, the Daemon could not help but to break out in a laugh. Not in a fit of disrespect but in rather an expression how impressed she was. ”Yer doing it Uncle! Yer taking flight! I didn’t think meself enough to inspire ye for the skies.” She flexed as she spoke, a lavender circle shown behind her as black frost crept her skin.

When the man got close enough he began spinning, it threw the Daemon off that would be the first thing he’d do until she saw the wind kicking up. It grew bigger than she could react, though she could hardly feel the wind slashing at her form her frost armor, she was pushed back quite the way. The Daemon smirked as it saved her flying out of his reach herself.

”Cheeky one Uncle, I didn’t figure ye had a wind spell among yer axes of all things. Was quite the attempt I’ll admit, but the skies are mine! Though since ye are up here…” There was no shortage of darkness for Lumikki as the Daemon was within the night sky. She snatched the air and pulled out from it a veil, tossing it over her head as a lavender circle shown from above before she began fading away. The last thing the Dwarf would make out was Lumi’s smile as the girl vanished in air soon after without a trace.

”Where did she go!?” Alune was alarmed as she was out yet aware of the Daemon’s spells. She kept cocking her head to the side as she was trying to make out if she could find Lumikki.

”She’s just hidden in the night sky girl. I’m sure your aware by now she has some command over the darkness.” He ruffled his feathers and puffed his plumage as he didn’t often get to flex his knowledge. Perhaps, he would find, that he’ll grow to enjoy Alune’s presence as the raven was still quite ignorant to a lot.

She dropped in altitude immediately before picking back up her flight to fly behind Brone. She approached to him until she was as close as twenty meters again. She pulled her hands to her chest and beat her wings as hard as she could. A lavender circle formed just about the Dwarf before a blizzard kicked up from around him. She was meeting his ferocious winds with her own, though hers has the bitter frostbite as opposed to his shredding gales. It still didn’t give him a lot of time to react himself.

”There’s the storm at last. I’m sure we could all see that one coming. Well, mixed with the night itself, I can’t say we can SEE it, but we knew it to be coming, yes.” Lonu chuckled to himself, and hearing some echos of Lumi’s laugh only made his chuckle more so. Alune, not getting to see much of Lumi in action before was at the edge of her perch, her feathers still on end as she kept looking over what details she could in the skies.

The people from above watching the show too were leaning out the windows hoping to somewhat make out the sight before them. One would hear them calling out bets on an array of things, whether it was who would be claimed winner up to who would lose armor first. It was very rowdy in energy. Though much of the night patrol kept proclaiming the girl a real Demon as they recounted their experiences of “aiding” her with her spells in training. Trying to use it as leverage to proclaim they know what they see before them and what she’ll do next. Some even pulling at their clothes to reveal scars and show off how much more brave they were as oppose to the rest.

After she casted her spell the Daemon would cackle, her sneering laughter mixing in with the howls of her winds. She circled around him for fifteen meters before pounding her palm with her fist. Another magical lavender circle flashed just above him as a frost talon formed in an instant after and slammed down on him.
Where ever the Dwarf found himself after that attack, she would blow a kiss. Another circle flashed just before her before an unkindness, a flock of ravens, flew for him to strike. She continued to encircle him just after her attack.

1014|||2632

Plight of a Raven:

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#7Brone Heavyaxe 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:38 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
"Don't fret you two, one could never have too many feathers, for I have two wings" Huginn cawed, his pride swelling. Muninn clicked his beak, akin to rolling his eyes, though he did enjoy seeing his brother interacting with the ravens more.

"We'll be sure to teach you all how to properly be assets to your Lumikki" Muninn added. The tornado had then caught their attention; they braced themselves as the tornado, though not in reach of them, had caused a strong breeze to nearly sweep them away.

Brone had stopped spinning, allowing the tornado to expand and cut through the air. As it dissipated, he saw Lumikki maintaining her flight in the air, but seeing her form was covered in black ice, he realized his attack did little to her since that second skin didn't even shatter. "A good weapon holds many secrets, lass" Brone chuckled. He wanted to return banter to her, but the comment of the skies belonging to her had reminded the dwarf that he was high up into the air. Steeling himself, he kept his eyesight and focus on Lumikki, so he allowed the white cloak to fly him further to her.

And she was gone. For a second, her smile had remained, but that too faded into the night. Brone expanded his battle senses; he was able to keep track of many enemies in such a way, preventing anyone from finding a blind-spot, but Lumikki's magic proved to be superior to many of the dwarf's foes. As he flew through the air, he closed his eyes so that he could place all his focus on his senses. The wingbeats had summoned forth a strong gale, a miniature blizzard around him reminiscent of his own signature blizzard spell. The cold and the hail nipped at him and his armor. Though magic was cast upon him, because the attack was coming from every direction, he couldn't discern where his niece was attacking from, "Impressive, lass! Ye got me blizzard down well!" He called over the sound of the frozen wind.

Suddenly, his senses caught something large being conjured above him. He looked up and saw that it was a large black talon. Thankfully because of his extended senses, he was able to act in time; his Spellcleaver magically vanished and switched out for his giant fork to which he then pointed it prongs first above him. The moment the frozen talon touched the fork's prongs, it vanished, it's magical residue absorbed through the fork and into Brone, "Close one!" he laughed. But a cackle drowned it out.

A magic circle appeared and the next thing he knew a flock of ravens assaulted him. This barrage of spells weren't too powerful individually, but the onslaught coming from different directions threw off the dwarf's focus; eventually the barrage would begin to draw blood, so the dwarf tried to fly out of the way of the flock of ravens, but he couldn't see where he was flying along with the fact that the spell was throwing off his focus, Brone didn't see that he was flying into one of the northern towers.

Vivian was checking her cabinet in the medical wing. She had heard from the rowdy patrolmen that Brone and Lumikki will be sparring officially for the first time, and knowing how dwarves can be, she figured it would be best to have a proper first-aid kit at the ready. She had wondered if she was running late, for no one told her exactly when the fight would take place.

Suddenly, something heavy and fast had crashed in through the window, skidded across the floor and slammed into the the wall on the other side of the room. The nurse was startled but seeing it was Brone, she wondered for a moment what was going on, but  the sound of ravens out the broken window told her all she needed to know, "No! Not in my medical wing! Out, out!" she yelled as loud as she could, despite having such a soft voice, Brone was able to hear her well as he picked himself off the floor.

"Sorry, sorry" he chuckled, trying to soften the situation with a tender demeanor , but as soon as he saw the flock of ravens crowding around the broken window, he turned and ran out the door and made his way down the hall. That altercation was a large confusing mess, he needed to gather his thoughts and make sure he got a good eye on Lumikki before heading face first into another one of her spells. As he continued to run down the hall, the sound of her melody was beginning to fade, his strength slowly returning.

A chip appeared on his armor that he hadn't noticed before. As he ran, he pulled out a small hammer from his pocket using one of his extra hands, then slammed the hammer onto his chest armor piece, repairing the chip. Brone had to take great care, for the power of Lumikki's spells have drastically increase since he last witnessed them.

827 | 2,432

Battle Log:

Brone’s Spread:

#8Lumikki 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:42 pm

Lumikki

Lumikki watched as the ravens she conjured struck him. Watching him flying off to the point he’s busted through one of the towers walls. She cackled at first before throwing her head back in a blood curdling screech. Foreshadowing the direction her powers would grow to be much like a menacing horror.

She darted along the tower, flying just before a point the Dwarf would have to reach at some point. She activated a mark granted to her by her Hawk’s eye to see just exactly where he would be. Her veil and frost skin falling away for the moment now that her Uncle was trying to hide away.

Alune was in awe as she witnessed her Revna in all her menacing glory. This was the first time she could see her fight to this extent. She leaned to the very edge of her roast simply enamored as the other ravens still hung back. ”One could now say she lacks a gusto. Seeing the onslaught never loses any charm either.” He was dry in his delivery but he was sincere in what he said. He just didn’t want to look as Alune did in her giddy delight.

”Maybe I should look out the Angel. I would hate for him to catch her destroying his guild and fail to warn her….But I’ll have you know, it’s all Brone’s fault.” Trygve was worried for the mess and knew it would only get worst from here.

Lumikki flew away from the wall for a moment, her massive wings pushing the air in front her in one massive flap. Before she darted back forward, concentrating all her mana to her leg. She flipped in the air kicking at the wall, all her mana burst forth at once, a lavender magical spread across the floor in a flash before her black ice stalagmites began jutting from her point of impact. Ripping across the floors of the tower and crumbling what little ground the Dwarf had to run.

”I never expected ye to try and run from me, I figure ye only like to run toward yer fights. Though I figure this is only cause it’s a pain to be withered in me storms.” She pulled back a bit once more and cracked her knuckles, pointing in the direction of Brone that her eye would give away. A lavender circle formed before her finger before a surge of black frost akin to lighting shot forth. Cracking and ripping through the air while branching out in its force as black blooming flowers. ”I would say though Uncle, its fairly hard to escape me once I’ve seen ye for a moment.”

She repositioned herself as she let a black snowball form in her palm. She threw it toward where her Uncle was, the ball growing in size as it flew, shards point out until the grew the size of daggers. Once the ball was close to Brone, it would explode into flying shards. She would do all this while giggle menacingly like a playful child only entertaining a fun game.

Plight of a Raven:

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#9Brone Heavyaxe 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:25 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
"And it begins" Huginn laughed as he flew from the bridge railing to get closer to the battle. Seeing Brone fly into the tower was proof enough that Lumikki has reached the level to be seen as a threat from one of Paradise Dawn's elite.

"Though I am worried about Vivian, she might still be in the medical wing" Muninn said as he flew along side his brother, "If Yuurei does make his way, please inform us" he said to Trygve.

"You're over exaggerating" Huginn replied, though he instantly took back what he said the moment he witnessed Lumikki tear apart the tower.

Though he couldn't hear the melody of the harp, the effects still lingered, he was still weakened. Not only that, the attacks from a moment ago still to nip at him as if he was on fire, "Blast it, didn't think her magic would tear right through me" Brone continued to run through the hall, trying to figure out what he could do.

Suddenly, the eastern wall collapsed as a series of black weapons were darting through the area, tearing up the hallway and the floor. Brone managed to lunged out of the way of a large axe nearly hitting him, but as he tumbled, the floor gave way and he began to plummet, but he caught the ledge of the remaining floor that was holding. To his left, he could see the night sky bare, for the wall for two floors was gone and looking at him about 20 meters away was the winged form of Lumikki, no longer invisible, but it didn't mean anything for the dwarf who had no way to close the gap between them without risking serious damage.

"Lass, I've faced against mighty storms in my days, but yer storms are supernatural disasters" Brone chuckled, impressed as well as worried about the situation he finds himself, dangling by one of his free hands. A beam of black energy shot from Lumikki's finger and quickly struck Brone's center. Luckily his armor protected him, though it left a crack in the never melting ice. The dwarf lost his grip and he fell into the floor below, tumbling into one of the empty laboratories. He then took a moment to expand his senses, hoping Vivian was safe. There... he sensed Noctus was now flying away to safety with Vivian on his back. The smile Brone had was short lived as a large black snowball came at him; he never seen this spell before, so he didn't know what it would do, so he shouted a war cry that activated his defensive spell; Kaldbak spread a layer of ice all throughout his body as black dagger shot out of the snowball to belt him. Ice against ice. Though his defensive spell was holding, the black daggers were tearing up the room he was in, so he again ran, this time out the door towards the west and out of the line-of-sight of Lumikki... or so he thought.

All he could think of was to gain distance long enough so he could properly think of a plan. Then a dead end came up. He could hear the walls were crumbling around the tower, he didn't know if his niece would completely destroy the tower, but he couldn't rely on doubt, for his safety he needed to assume she would and treat her like a dangerous foe, so he ran on and threw himself through the window, crashing through the glass and feeling the wind of the cold night as he fell.

A building ahead of him.

The white cloak took it's move and flew Brone towards that building, gliding him to one of it's windows. Brone broke through that window into a room. Luckily no one was there at the moment. He looked back through the window for a moment to see that he had but seconds before Lumikki reacted, just as he got to his feet, he spotted a sculpture of a black frost angel; he grumbled at the irony and burst through the closed door of the room and began running down the hall.

693 | 3,125

Battle Log:

Spells Used/Active:

Brone’s Spread:

#10Lumikki 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:35 pm

Lumikki

”Does he always run this much? He didn’t peg me for one to dash away from a fight.” Lonu inquired. Looking over to see what would happen next. Nothing about this fight felt like it fell in line with something one would predict.

”I’m still amazed one like him could fly! He doesn’t even have wiiiings.” Alune would gleam. She usually don’t like other people much, but having Huginn and Muninn made her actually curious of the man and more willing to know more about him.

”Yes that iiiis odd isn’t it. Magic is truly wondrous isn’t it?” The birds were enjoying the spectacle before them.

Meanwhile, Lumikki kept her eyes locked on Brone, the X on him from her vision kept the man highlighted at all times. So when he was planing to leap and crash into the other building for cover, she was already darting toward him so that he found no solace in his escape.

Lumikki shifted her harp to her Abyss Spine staff. The melody that would drain her Uncle would cease. But there wouldn’t be any relief.

”Why do you keep running Uncle?! Her voice bellowed in an eerie echoing effect. The darkness of hers pouring into the night. Though the fatigue on her onslaught was getting to her and her frustrations were rising. This running around wearing down the last of her capacities.

Before her Uncle would cross to the other building, she would swipe her staff. Many frost talons would form and cut her Uncle off in his escape in a very quick strike. All heading right toward it.
(Whether they cut him off entirely before entering the building or all swipe in the building causing damage and dragging him back out)

She then pulls her staff back and sends it forward, her black frost weapons manifested rapidly and flew toward even quicker than before. Shooting forth for the Dwarf in air and just as those would finish leaving her, she would point her staff and summon another storm. A black blizzard would erupt even faster and bigger than before and just as she had before, with another wave of her staff, an unkindness would meet him but the flock would only further darken his sky.

”If ye plan to wait me out, then I’ll simply have to go out giving all that I have. I won’t let ya rest…not for a moment….and ye can’t escape me eyes once I’ve seen ya. There’s simply no where ta run….”

Plight of a Raven:

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#11Brone Heavyaxe 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:17 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Rewind

A building ahead of him!

The white cloak took it's move and flew Brone towards that building. For a moment, fortune was on his side when the sound of the harp had stopped... fortunate for just a split second before Lumikki's voice shrieked in a maniacal tone, sending a chill up his spine. He couldn't see her, but he sensed her behind him, out of his line of sight, in his blind spot. He needed to get to the window to escape from her view, but his hope was shattered when a wave of black talons draped in front of the building. He would have swung his spellcleaver to stop the spell, but this was too sudden, and the amount of talons were so overwhelming, he couldn't swing it properly in time as he was washed over by the spell.

Talons scraped against his ice skin, scraping and tearing at it. All he focused on was trying to get to the window, his body was heavy enough to break through, yes he was still in motion, but only for a bit. The Dark Talons had torn through the windows and the southern wall of the dormitory; Brone had entered someone's room, but his feet never touched the destroyed floor, for the talons had latched onto his remaining ice skin. He tried to fight it, but he knew he couldn't break through it in time. His eyes met the gaze of a black ice sculpture of what might have been an angel, but another look, she looked to be a demon. The dwarf could have sworn he heard Lumikki shrieking a laughter, not knowing if it was coming from the sculpture or not.

The talons dragged him out and allowed him to fall all while a black snow storm enveloped him with black weapons of all types assaulted while the cries of a thousand ravens rang in his ears. His defensive layer of ice shattered, the frozen hell of darkness tore at his armor and his skin despite how dense it was.

His senses were overwhelmed, he knew he needed to act fast or else he'll hit the ground. For a moment he saw a remaining piece of the southern wall, so he slammed his golden axe into the wall, slowing his descent and allowing him to land safely on the ground.

The spells that raged around him as he looked up to see his niece flying so high up and out of the way. Blood ran down his face and his arms as he bore through the pain. He never thought he would ever have to stand so firmly against her, but he couldn't let his knees buckle.

He yelled out a warcry as the southern wall fell behind him. The golden spear allowed him to transform into his white were-lion form, standing 11 feet tall with a white mane pouring out from beneath his helm. Brone felt stronger as he let his rage surge through him. He knew he couldn't reach her, so he figured he would try something different. He grabbed a large piece of debris from behind him and threw it with great force towards Lumikki, he would then ready his golden spear; the moment Lumikki dodged the piece of debris, or deflect it, he would throw the spear at that moment with great speed.

Battle Log:

Spells Used/Active:

Brone’s Spread:

#12Lumikki 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:47 am

Lumikki

Lumikki could not help bit cackle from her work. The destruction was very pleasing and her Uncle's antics to get away were fascinating. If that wasn't enjoy for her, not too long after he dropped down, axe in wall to slow down his fall, that man did something she would never expect of him. He was transforming into a werelion with the power of his axe. Lumikki's eyes blazedwith a particular shade of purple. Too pleased from the sight before her. But she also figured if the man would go this far then he wouldn't stop there. Something else would be coming her way soon enough.

"Oh, well that was a surprise. Can't say I expected that he could do that..." Lonu was very fascinated by the turn of events but no where near as enthusiastic as Alune seemed to be.

"Diiiiiid he just turn into a biiiig cat? Can humans usually do that?"

"I can't say that I personally know what he is myself Alune, but I don't think human is it." He looked to her and shuffled his wings to show his confusion. But Alune could barely pay him or his gesture mind as she was still fully engrossed.

"Showing me the fuuuur Uncle?! What a surprise to be on the other side of yer paws. When I become a Demon, I cannot wait clawing talon to claws with ye!" Lumikki nearly fell back with her laughter, but her eyes were revealing to her a sight. Lines were appearing from the debris in his grasp. Lumi smirked as she knew darn well it was coming her way but she didn't mind it. It would only make sense that he'd use what was in his means."Cheeky Uncle!"

Lumikki darted to the left with her ample time to evade it, but that was what he wanted it seems. She could see the lines rapidly appear for her as she then noticed he was pulling back his spear to toss it her way. This time she would lunge to evade where it was destine to go, as she was actively mindful of the dangers spears had. Keeping the thing in her line of sight as she looked back to her Uncle as well.

Lumikki pulled out her staff and point it his way. A lavender circle would appear before a crackle of frost lightning would shot out. Unlike the last time where the strike would solely seek him, this one would break off in to many directions. All the branches heading for the area that he occupied. The black blossoms that form on its edges broke into a plethora of petals as the surge ripped through the sky. And just before the werelion could catch his breath, she would spin her staff in a twirl around her, as it stopped in its movement, many more magical circles formed just beside her. A volley of formless shadows would form. A cascade of arrows all in shifting forms would manifest and they all solidified with different combinations of being when she shot them forward, toward him.

Lumikki in all her fun and madness was becoming drained, she never got to use this much magic before. And so she would giggle as she flew back toward the bridge. First flying backwards before turning to the location she was headed for. Lumikki was panting hard as she flew back but she didn't want her Uncle to see just yet how tired she was. The moment she rested her feet back down on the bridge, her transformation fell away. She took the moment to regain her strength, nibbling on some of the darkness of the night as she waited for her Uncle to flag her down. The X she had used to mark him had also fell away long ago when she chased him as his jump. Is she were to see him coming now, it would be solely off the keenness of her eyes. Though she doubted an eleven foot creature could easily sneak up on her. So she waited will sitting along the edge for him to jump his way back in.

Plight of a Raven:

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#13Brone Heavyaxe 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:13 am

Brone Heavyaxe
"Some magical items can allow it's users to transform, and Brone isn't the only one who can do such a thing, I'm just glad to see that Lumikki was able to push him this far" Huginn was excited indeed to see the battle escalate so.

Muninn had quickly flew back to the flock from scouting the dormitory, "No one was hurt in the destruction" he was more focused on the safety of the guild members. As he would make sure to keep an eye on bystanders, his brother will keep his sight on the fight itself.

"Sometimes ye have te become a monster to fight a monster" Brone laughed, his voice a more deeper tone with a growl. This was a lesson he had to learn more recently in his life, and became more confirmed when he fought along side Lumikki herself. He had labeled monsters and creatures of the dark as all evil and needed to be opposed entirely, but it was his niece that showed him that it wasn't so black and white; such complexities were difficult for him to wrap his mind around, but with time and understanding, he opened his heart to even his own transformation.

His white fur was not pure, for bits of his own blood stained it and most of it was being singed with black ice that still burned from the spell assault. And it wasn't the end. As Lumikki was quick to continue the assault, causing black lightning and arrows to rain down upon the area. Brone tried to lunge out of the way, which managed to get him far with his newfound speed, but the area of the destruction was too large for him to avoid, lightning singed his fur and arrows pelted him as he began to run, his armor cracking and falling away, nearly giving out all together, he was trying to find any place to make a shield for himself all while his golden spear magically appeared back into his free hand.

Noticing Lumikki was flying backwards gave Brone the impression that she was trying to hide away again, trying to continue her assault from another blindspot, but he didn't intend on allowing that to happen again, so he quickly ran to follow her direction. Seeing this as a chance to catch his breath, he slammed his hammer onto his chest piece, forcing some of the cracks to freeze away, repairing it but only by a fraction.

There was a moment that she was out of his sight given the previous tower Lumikki nearly destroyed entirely had blocked his line of sight, but once he was at the northern end of the bridge, he spotted his niece at the edge of the bridge where it all started and bee-lined for her, running with the intent to strike now that she had touched ground.

He wasn't sure why she had left the sky until he noticed her transformation was gone; his battle experience prevented him from hesitation but allowed him to switch the intensity of his next action. He cried out another warcry, summoning another layer of ice around him in case she conjured another storm. When he nears her, he will strike her with his golden axe, though making sure to use the blunt flat side as to spread the damage instead of focusing it on one spot; even if he cut through her ice skin she might summon back, he didn't want to accidentally cut her too deep, then he would attempt to strike at her with the golden spear, aiming at her stomach.

Battle Log:

Spells Used/Active:

Brone’s Spread:

#14Lumikki 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:53 am

Lumikki

Lumikki was enjoying the moment she got to lean on the edge when she saw her Uncle dashing toward. Back to the thrill she was, this was not yet over. "Ye aren't wrong Uncle. It usually takes a monster to take out another. Glad to see ya see in the spirit now! But I'm not done yet..."

As the beast was quickly running toward her, he never considered he would be in the perfect place for her next move. And with the rate he as dashing, it would only make it that much harder too change his course now. Lumikki began to cackle as she tapped her staff on the floor, "This one's inspired by ya no less...." A lavender circle phased just along the ground, she tapped her legs before standing straight again as well. Another circle forming just beneath her as legs were rapidly becoming encased in ice and her body being propelled backwards.

Just before the spot she just was standing, massive black stalagmites began ripping up the ground. Cracking through the surface of the bridge and weakening its structure. They kept tearing through the surface for another sixteen meters. Meanwhile as the Daemon dashed back, she kept laughing menacingly in her glee, her hand just before her mouth like she was laughing along to a humorous joke.

Mid way through her dash, Lumikki did a quick twirl. Swinging her staff as she did, with a toothy grin on her face that bored her fangs. Her eyes shining purple for just a moment. A magical circle flashed just before her as a unkindness rapidly took form. The massive flock heading just for the werelion on the bridge and force of their impact breaking the last of its foundation. The bridge would fall apart in her effort to stave him off and win. All while she was gleefully laughing like a child playing tag.

"Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!" Alune Croaked very enthusiactically at the spectacle before them. "I really thought he had her there!"

"Well....that indeed happened..." Lonu was at an absolute loss for words. But he would be lying if he said he didn't also enjoy it.

Trygve just about returning for his scouting, too was near speechless. "My Revna barely survived the Angel when he didn't have a reason to punish her.....Maybe I should begin planing the apology now so she could just use what I say, since I know she won't mean it. She's not sorry."
"Honestly...I'm not sorry either. I did hear he could pull a palace out of not where so....maybe he has another bridge or tower stored somewhere."

"Oh if he did, that would be mighty handy right now!"

Trygve buried his beak in wing, he was just at an absolute loss for the moment.

Plight of a Raven:

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#15Brone Heavyaxe 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:56 am

Brone Heavyaxe
Just as Brone was closing the distance, Lumikki had sprang away from him, leaving an explosion of black ice that erupted, spreading throughout the bridge. With how close the lion-dwarf was, the stalagmites were rushing towards him as well. He quickly pointed his giant fork in front of him as he continued to run straight at the spell. Just as the ice touched the prongs, the spell then vanished, being absorbed into the massive form of Brone as mana. However even though he managed to absorb the spell, it was just a a second or two too late, for the bridge was already heavily damaged. Another magical circle was blaring, already the dwarf was expecting another assault. With his enhanced speed and strength, he could leap great distances and would do so to get out of the way of a spell, but the problem was that he was on a bridge and the spell would be flying down the line of the bridge, so he wouldn't be able to dodge it.

"To the last breath!" Huginn cawed loudly, highly invested in the fight. As for Muninn, he was eyeing them, practically holding in breath in worry and anticipation.

"Brave the storm!" he cried out in laughter as he continued to run forward as a wave of ravens flew from the magic circle and washed over him as he ran through it. The cawing the avians rang in the air as their talons and peaks ripped through his iced fur as well as ripping through the bridge itself. Though he could clear the distance of the entire bridge in a split second, Lumikki's spells were so powerful and quick, he couldn't get his feet to run across the entirety of the bridge in that matter of time, so he lunged the rest of the way. With his powerful strength, he cleared the opening gap as the bridge fell away into the waters far, far below.

The ravens watched as they flew from above, their hearts racing.

Brone eyes didn't leave her. As he was darting through the air, he wound his golden axe. The moment he nears her, he would swing his axe again at her while jutting his golden spear forward to strike her simultaneously.

Battle Log:

Spells Used/Active:

Brone’s Spread:

#16Lumikki 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:53 am

Lumikki

Lumikki saw the werelion running for her, but it was less to close the gap at first as much as it was to avoid the damage she sent to the bridge. The Dwarf was a fond of having his feet on the ground and her attempt to unsettle him would not stop that.

He even braved her unkindess, only reinforcing her point further. The man would not stop until he made it this side.

Lumikki flexed her limbs and shook her legs, the pleasant cold was sadly gone but the relief of her limbs was refreshing and she felt she could sprint again. Good thing too really, Brone was taking his lunge for her. She did not have that much time to work left. So she lunged just to the left as he came for her, barely missing the swings of his weapons as she did so. Chuckling all the same throughout her attempt to duck out.

”Yer the first to whom I enjoyed fighting, so I’d hate for it to be the last Uncle. Especially when I promise to get stronger.” Her cheeky grin ever waned from her face, and her devilish expression did not falter. But sadly the Daemon was indeed quite tired and not in the mood to be struck down especially after all her fun.

”Let this be the first match I wasn’t knocked out for. Though this is not what I had planed when I got to walk away from a fight.” Lumikki sighed deeply, she was sad that she failed her goal and intentions. ”You win this time Uncle. This time….” She burst into a fit of laughter as she did enjoy the thought giving him more trouble in the future. Snatching the dark around her and stuffing it in her mouth so that she could get a quick snack. ”So what now?” She looked around to see all the destruction and mayhem. Giggling and nodding her head in satisfaction of her work. She lost but she still had a reason to be pleased~

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Curtain Call
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#17Brone Heavyaxe 

The Cold Front of Night Fall Empty Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:53 am

Brone Heavyaxe
As the axe missed the daemoness and rang as it cut the air. Brone slid to a stop as he immediately faced his opponent. A furious smile crept onto his face in response to her statement; she was enjoying herself and was using this as a stepping stool to keep climbing the ladder, and he couldn't be prouder.

He put pressure onto the ground, cracking the pavement made to lead to the main office building before he rushed at Lumikki, his golden axe pulled back, readying to strike again. Whatever spells she had ready, he didn't care to dodge it, but chose to brave against it as he did before, whatever storm came his way, he intended to move through it as his own uncle taught him.

But then she called it off, surrendering. Startled, he tried to stop himself too suddenly, causing him to fall on his face. "Well then" He muttered from the floor as his body shrank, his ice and fur disappearing like cold steam releasing into the air. As Brone, full dwarf, got onto his feet, his helmet fell away into pieces. He realized it was broken but was held in place by his own ice armor. He chuckled as he wiped blood from his face. Pain ran throughout his body.

As Lumikki looked off, Brone followed her gaze to see the destruction they caused. "... I guess I'm gonna have te start rebuilding" The dwarf gave a nervous chuckle.

"Sir Brone!" one of the guild members, a messenger, had exited the office building looking worried, "Yuurei wants to see you in his office".

Brone groaned before he turned to his niece, "Meet me at the mess hall, we're gonna get something te eat when I get back". Then Brone walked off towards the office building.

[Exit]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum