Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

#26Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:59 am

Kailani Fleurn †
Taking a seat in the grass she’d continue to let her mana drain for a while, allowing the exceed to zoom around through the air. He seemed far more at ease with the wings than she did, not even hesitating to attempt various acrobatic feats in the air like tumbles, dives, and spins. She had trained quite a bit by this point. Her arsenal included a lot more powerful spells.

The only issue was that where she truly shined was in her ability to help buff others, but there was no one other than Nimbus around to practice on, and well, his body was small and she wasn’t sure how well it would take to being accelerated with her magic. Tilting her head she’d think about her options, she could just leave it for today and try again another time, but the wood elf had no idea when she’d get a day off again to do so. Soon she, Yuurei, and Brone would be heading off.

(166)
[Spell Training - Mojka (C-Rank) - (166/525 Words)]

#27Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:03 am

Kailani Fleurn †
Therefore, it would be best not to forgo this opportunity. Signaling down Nimbus, he’d come zooming over, landing ridiculously gracefully for his usual clumsy self. The wings would fold, dissipating into the air.

“I’d like you to go fetch Yuurei for me, I’m not entirely sure where he’d be, but if you check Christana first, he might be there.” Kailani smiled, hoping he wouldn't cause too much of a fuss over being asked to run a simple errand.

“What’s in it for me?” Nimbus inquired, he wasn’t the type to do something for nothing in return.

“I’ll let you fly around more whenever I have the mana to spare?” she offered, it seemed like a pretty good deal to her. She didn’t mind wasting a little magical power if it meant she got to see his elated face more often.

“You drive a hard bargain.” Nimbus sighed in a teasing manner, “But you’ve got a deal!” He exclaimed, giving her a thumbs-up, “I’ll be back as quick as I can!” He claimed, racing off in the direction of Magnolia Town.

(180)
[Spell Training - Mojka (C-Rank) - (346/525 Words)]

Last edited by Kailani Fleurn on Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total

#28Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:04 am

Kailani Fleurn †
The wind mage chuckled at how easy it was to bribe Nimbus, the promise of good food was how she used to persuade him, now she had a method that didn’t even cost her a single jewel. Stretching her arms, the wood elf would eye the small cuts and bruises all over them. It dawned on her that if Yuurei saw her in this condition he would fret to no end, and probably berate her over how she shouldn’t push herself so hard.

Rolling her shoulders she’d shrug off those thoughts for now, there was no helping it, it wasn’t like she was capable of healing her own injuries with magic. She’d just have to patch herself up later. There was no need to just sit around doing nothing while she waited, however. There was one more thing she wanted to test out that wouldn’t really require a friend to train on.

(152)
[Spell Training - Mojka (C-Rank) - (498/525 Words)]

#29Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:07 am

Kailani Fleurn †
Her magic’s natural capacity to knock back enemies when she struck them with her offensive magic was a nice boon, but she’d been dwelling recently on the thought of a more powerful knockback, one that would really help build some distance between herself and her foes. Or perhaps even knock allies into them should the opportunity present itself useful.

Cracking her knuckles she’d stand before the ever-useful tree for target practice. Stretching her hand out towards it with an open palm she’d bring forth a decent chunk of mana, creating a small magic circle as she felt the air around her hand draw into her palm in a sudden rush. As she lined up the shot she’d release the blast, sending a ball of wind soaring towards the poor, half-shredded tree. As it struck, she’d note the amount of force that seemed to strike it, the tree swaying ever so slightly.

Naturally, she didn’t expect to actually knock a deep-rooted tree away, but what was important was that it seemed the blast hadn’t even tore a single piece of bark despite the force of the blast.

(186)
[Spell Training - Mojka (C-Rank) - (684/525 Words)]

#30Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:08 am

Kailani Fleurn †
With a triumphant smile, the wind mage would look around for something she could use to properly test her magic’s knockback capabilities. A few minutes into her search around the forest, but not too far from the clearing she’d discover a couple of boulders, with some smaller rocks and stones. Thinking they’d do just nicely, picking up as many as she could carry, she’d return to the clearing, setting them up in various locations within her makeshift training ground.

Once she was satisfied, Kailani would move into position, letting her magic surge through her as she sent off a blast of air at one of the bigger rocks she’d laid out. The moment her magic struck stone it was sent flying from the ground, soaring through the air, to the outskirts of the clearing, sailing far further than her offensive magic would ever force it. It seemed putting all the mana towards the objective of creating distance had been successful.

While waiting for Nimbus to return with Yuurei, she’d continue to practice, sending the stones flying around before collecting them and repeating the process as she attempted to improve her speed and accuracy with each blast.

(196)
[Spell Training - Mojka (C-Rank) - Training Complete (880/525 Words)]

#31Yuurei 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:06 am

Yuurei

It was another cold day, but Yuurei decided to be at the Christina for the day. He didn’t really want to go out to Magnolia today, which was his plan for the day. His face planted into his arm as it was pressed against the counter. His other hand held a glass of whiskey in his hand as he rotated his hand moving the liquid in a clockwise rotation. Renji never saw Yuurei like this, but he figured being back home was a bit too boring for him after a while. He was basically a nomad for two years straight. He wasn’t sure what was going to happen, but he figured that they should do something soon before he drank himself to death’s door.

It wouldn't take long, but Nimbus appeared, and he would tell Renji what was going on and why he was here alone. When the Exceed heard everything he would move over to Yuurei and would pull his pants

“What’s up Renji?” He asked.

“It seems that Kailani is training her spells in the East Forest, around where she got her magic back. She kind of wants you there to help her try out some new spells she’s working on.” He said to him, hoping he would get out of here today.

Yuurei would lift his head up as he heard his friend, and he would scratch the side of his head. He would take the entire drink in and he would put the glass down on the counter.

“If she needs help I guess it’s best not to make her wait.” He said to both Exceeds.

He would rub his eyes as he would grab both Nimbus and Renji and put them onto his shoulders.

“Hold on tight Nimbus.” He warned him as he used magic to increase his speed.

The light mage would run out of the airship, and he would continue running through the streets of Magnolia and into the forest. His movements were faster than Nimbus had ever gone through, and it wouldn’t take them long to arrive at their destination. Yuurei would come to a stop as he would look over to Kailani. It seemed like she was here and when he looked at her he could see that she had been through a lot today. He scratched the back of his head as it seemed like she was trying out her new magic.

“You seem to be working hard on yourself Kai. I think you should take it easy on yourself, but who am I to judge right? So Nimbus said you need me to try out some stuff.” He said to her as he yawned a bit stretching his arms into the air.

#32Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:48 am

Kailani Fleurn †
Kailani smelt them before she saw them, his scent was pretty much ingrained into her after spending so much time together. Her newly sensitive nose truly was a thing she felt she'd never truly get used to. The wood elf's face lit up as she turned her head to greet them, glad to see Nimbus had been successful in calling him over.

"Well, I have to work hard, just to even attempt to keep up with a certain someone." She teased as she rubbed the back of his neck, "Now I can't promise that it's going to work as intended just yet, there have been a number of... hiccups, to say the least." she averted her eyes as she cleared her throat, a little nervous to be testing her magic directly on someone else. So far she had managed to cut herself up and smash herself into trees, but she had been dealing with much more volatile spells than she had planned to experiment with on Yuurei.

"Since we finished that last job together, I seem to have a better grasp on my magic now so, I can already use some weaker magic similar to what you've already experienced." She filled him in, so he'd know what he was in for, "I was thinking, however, that I should push myself a bit and try to form more powerful versions." she added, "I'll begin once you're ready." She stated, waiting for him to give the okay before she shifted her stance, preparing the mana within her body as she took a deep breath and felt herself connect to the wind around her.

She'd bring forth the magical energy within herself towards her fingertips, a magic circle shimmering in the sun as it expanded outwards from her hand, a matching circle soon forming between the light mage's shoulder bones. She clicked once, sending the first surge of energy towards the circle on her target's back, then clicked again, shooting off the second,

It was incredibly similar to a spell the half-elf was thoroughly familiar with, one she had trained back in the elven forest only the amount of energy that was sent his way increased dramatically. The wind raged behind him, urging him forward as it gently pushed onto his back. It was in no way as strong as some of his own buff spells, but it was the best she had ever personally achieved and it would certainly come in handy for a particular dwarf they were both quite familiar with.

"Alright, um... I guess, run around so I can practice sustaining it." the wind mage requested, unsure how long she could keep the spell up for before it would falter.

(432)
[Spell Training - Temepilt (C-Rank) - (432/525 Words)]

#33Yuurei 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:00 am

Yuurei

Yuurei would hear what she had to say, and he would nod as he figured she was talking about him. He understood, so he wouldn’t scold her for working hard. The next thing she said would make him nod as he understood what she was going through, which meant that he was going to be a guinea pig to her spells as well. He stood there watching her reactions and letting her talk before he would say anything. When she told him what she had been doing and what they were going to do, the light mage would walk towards her and he would put his hand on the side of her face as he looked at her.

“I’m glad you’ve been able to do your best and train to master your new magic. It seems like you will achieve great things if you stick to your goals.” He said as he walked away from her as he was stretching a bit more as he was getting ready for pain and misery.

“I’m used to hiccups of spells. I know I had gone through a lot of mishaps learning all my spells. It was not fun at all, the shocking pain, the twitching, the paralysis from doing my spells wrong. It is not fun, but worth it in the end. So no worries do your best, I agreed to take the beating, and I will be fine.” He said to her with a smile on his face as he waited for it to begin.
Yuurei watched as the magic circles appear and the color of her magic circle made him feel the familiarity of it all. It wouldn’t take long, but he would feel the wind that had come from Kailani all around him, and when she asked him to run around, he would nod at her. He didn’t get hurt from the magic, which meant she had a good idea of what to do with it. He started running around the area they were in. He would pick up speed, and soon enough he was running at full speed waiting for her to either tell him to stop or stop casting the spell.

#34Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:37 am

Kailani Fleurn †
Kailani narrowed her eyes as she considered all the things he had mentioned that went wrong during his training. He truly was just as reckless as ever. She would have to pay close attention to him in the future if she was going to ensure he came out alive. No doubt the one time she doesn't will be the one time he's beaten black and blue.

As he began to run around and pick up speed the wind mage would focus her energy on maintaining a steady flow of mana from herself to his back, ensuring the spell didn't end too quickly. There was a couple of points she felt a sharp pain in her chest as her magic faltered, but she managed to steady herself with the breathing techniques she'd learnt from Brone.

Carefully focusing back on the air around his back as she steadily breathed, she continued to hold the spell, now far more stable. Eventually, she'd break the link, dropping the spell, and allowing Yuurei to slow down, confident in her ability to use it effectively now. She would have no problems the next time the light mage requested she aid their dwarven friend, he'd have no issues keeping up with the speed elves now.

"Alright, that should do. I think I wanna try perhaps giving it even more oomph..." she closed her eyes, tilting her head and tapping her chin as she began to think a little more deeply.

(243)
[Spell Training - Temepilt (C-Rank) - Training Complete (675/525 Words)]

#35Yuurei 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:52 am

Yuurei

The light mage kept moving around as he could feel the new burst of speed that was given to him by Kailani. It was good to know that he had someone else by his side that could push him further beyond his limit. Still, with Brone in their team, he was also happy that she was there to support him. As he continued running around, he would feel the wind energy around him slowly dispersing from him. He would come to a stop with his run as he would look over to Kailani to see if she was okay. It seemed like she had done what she needed to do and after he heard what she said out loud he would walk over to her.

Once he got closer to her, he would see that she was thinking about what to do next, and honestly, it was something that he had done as well when he was training his spells.

“Nice, the stronger those types of spells are, then the stronger you make your team.” He said to her with a smile on his face.

He knew that if she could control her mana and spend less of it on her spells, the longer she would be able to hold out for her teams while they handle everything. He knew she would be strong enough to accomplish that and at the same time fight and take out her own set of enemies. He waited though as she was prepping for the next spell to possibly train.

#36Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:00 am

Kailani Fleurn †
"Yes, that is very true..." Kailani trailed off, still deep in thought for a moment, before finally snapping her eyes open. Looking down at her hand the wood elf would stretch it out, wondering if perhaps she could push herself and create an even more powerful version of the spell. She had only used about half the energy she knew she was capable of expending at once.

"Perhaps I should really push my limits now then." The wood elf stated with a nod, giving her arms another stretch to loosen them up a bit, having the still somewhat foreign magical energy flow through them for so long left them with a slight tingling sensation, similar to that of pins-and-needles. It wasn't painful, just strange. The pain tended to hit her chest when she pushed too hard, meaning she had to find the right balance in her skills to be useful, but not a hindrance.

"Alright, let's try something with a little more oomph." She smiled, warning the light mage she was about to start casting again soon.

(177)
[Spell Training - Temepilti (B-Rank) - (177/700 Words)]

Last edited by Kailani Fleurn on Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total

#37Yuurei 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:06 am

Yuurei

Yuurei looked at Kailani as it seemed like she was finally ready and finished thinking about what to do next. He had prepared himself for the worse, so he was ready the moment he knew that she was training for spells. Renji was relaxed as he was sitting on the grass and watching all of this happen. He was used to watching Yuurei training, but he never watched Yuurei be a test dummy. Still, it would be interesting to see what would happen to him.

“Whenever you ready, you can do it. I have been prepared since the moment I knew I was going to be used to test your spells. I wouldn’t have it any other way.” He chuckled as he knew that if things went wrong it was going to hurt.

He could see her smile and was ready for the spell to come his way. The only thought in his head was this, was it going to work on the first try or was it going to fail.

#38Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:19 am

Kailani Fleurn †
Given the okay, she took up her casting stance again, feeling her mana flow through her and down to her fingertips, the magic circles forming as they had previously, both on her hand and his back. She clicked, and they grew, expanding outwards as she sent the first burst of magical energy towards her target. The second click, it was now as large as it had been previously, now came the more difficult part.

She clicked one last time. This time expending as much energy as she could into surging towards the circle on the light mage. As she did she felt a slight pang in her chest, causing her to flinch and clench her teeth. The wood elf was certain she had definitely hit her limit just now, it would be foolish to try to push herself even further at this point.

Instead, she worked on feeling the air around her target's body, capturing it, and forming the raging winds similar to before, the spell for all intents and purposes seemed to be working just fine. The magical wind was surging at his back, pushing him forward with intense force as it had done previously, only with more oomph. However, Kailani felt odd, something wasn't quite right.

Her whole body soon felt the tingles, it was clear the magic was not working entirely as intended as she began to panic. If she released the spell now, she ran the risk of injuring her best friend. Her mind raced, trying to figure out what to do but in her panic her connection with her spell ceased, causing the air circling behind Yuurei to burst free from her hold, sending a wave of powerful wind soaring in all directions.

(288)
[Spell Training - Temepilti (B-Rank) - (465/700 Words)]

Last edited by Kailani Fleurn on Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

#39Yuurei 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:28 am

Yuurei

Yuurei watched as the magic circles were forming. He would close his eyes for a second as he was taking it all in. He would open his eyes as he was looking at Kailani and seeing that she was battling with herself and creating the spell. The spell looked like it worked at first as he could feel the pressure of wind on his back. It seemed like he would be able to move faster, and when he jogged for a bit, his eyes did turn to his best friend. It seemed like something was happening to her, and he didn’t know what it was. He was going towards her to make sure that she was okay, but then it happened.

The wind behind him would burst and it would spread everywhere. He was the main target who would feel his backing being violently attacked. The wind cut him up from behind and he would find himself falling to the ground. He rolled a bit before coming to a stop as he would be on his stomach and his shirt ripped into pieces.

“I expected much.” He said as he was allowing the pain to go through him before getting up.

He would dust himself as he would crack his neck and would shake his head. He would take off his upper attire as there was no need for it even if it was cold.

“I’m alright.” He said to Kailani, so she know that she didn’t have to worry about him quitting on her.

#40Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:48 am

Kailani Fleurn †
Kailani's heart raced as she rushed over to Yuurei, inspecting him for cuts and bruises.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" She apologised profusely, hating herself for even causing him the smallest of discomfort. He claimed to be alright, but she still worried about him. She looked down at her hands, they were shaking. Her fear of harming those important to her caused her to begin hyperventilating. Her rapid breaths left her unable to breathe properly.

Nimbus' golden eyes widened, rushing over to her he'd climb up onto her shoulder so he could gently rub her back with his paw in a slow circular motion. He'd whisper for her to calm down and begin to hum a gentle melody. Over the next few minutes, his soothing technique paid off as she finally started taking deeper breaths, calming herself down.

"Now you heard him, he's fine and I'm sure it would take much more than your magic surging out of control for him to be in any real danger." Nimbus cooed in a gentle voice that neither Yuurei nor Renji had probably heard before. His usual feisty demeanor was completely replaced with a gentle one. Nodding to herself, she'd take one last deep breath and look to Yuurei, finally aware of his state of undress.

"Ah um..." she averted her gaze, blushing a little, "If it's okay with you, could I try again?" she'd ask, looking for his approval.

(238)
[Spell Training - Temepilti (B-Rank) - (703/700 Words)]

#41Yuurei 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:55 am

Yuurei

Yuurei saw that she wasn’t feeling well, and when he was going to her aide, it seemed like Nimbus had gotten to Kailani before he could. He was alright with that as he watched the cat take care of her and it worked after a few minutes. While that was happening, Yuurei was moving around his arms as he was trying to feel what had happened to his back. He could feel the pain and he only know that he was slightly wounded. Still, now that she was fine she would ask him if she could try again.

“You don’t have to be sorry Kai. You can say I been through this before with my own spells.” He said laughing a bit hoping to let her know she was fine with what she was doing.

“Of course, you can try again, try as many times as you need to.” He said to her with a smile on his face as he was getting ready.

#42Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:09 am

Kailani Fleurn †
"A-Alright." The wood elf stammered, composing herself briefly before attempting to cast the spell again. She was still a little shaky the first time, her magical wind dissipating before it had even fully formed. But with the encouragement from Nimbus, she'd attempt it once more. With slow, deep breaths she'd center herself, feeling the natural flow of the air currents through the woods around her. With one final breath she'd begin to cast, clicking thrice as she'd done before, with each click sending out a forceful wave of magic towards the light mage.

Slowly, but surely the ball of raging air would form once more, this time seemingly working as intended, she'd feel the tingling sensation within her, ignoring it this time. It wasn't going to hurt her unless she allowed it, but panicking might harm her friend again. Through sheer willpower, it seemed she had managed to finally get ahold of the mana flowing through herself and the buffing spell swirled harmlessly on Yuurei's back.

(166)
[Spell Training - Temepilti (B-Rank) - Training Complete (869/700 Words)]

#43Yuurei 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:24 am

Yuurei

Yuurei would watch her as she was gathering herself once she was given the okay. He watched as she had done what she needed to do to get the magic circles going. He would soon watch her fully use her magic circle and then the next thing he could see was the strong wind that she had used. It would surge around him before making its way on his back. He would feel the wind pushing him to move as if it were guiding him. The light mage figured he would try it out as he started running around the area, they were in. He looked over to Kailani to see if she was fine, and indeed she was. He would smile at that and continued to run around freely.

When he had finished doing so he would come to a stop as he would look at her and he would feel hot just from all the running he was doing.

“Nice going Kai; I enjoyed the speed buff. If you make a faster one than that one, then I won’t need to use my speed buff if you’re around.” He said as he wondered if they were done with her spells.

He moved his back a bit as he felt itchy from the wounds he got earlier.

“Damn my back is itchy.” He said as he wished it would go away.

#44Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:38 am

Kailani Fleurn †
"Oh, right, I should heal you up." Kailani smiled, happy her spell had worked, releasing the air gently this time, letting it simply dissipate into the air around it harmlessly. Walking over she'd inspect his back, there were numerous small cuts from where her magic had struck his otherwise unblemished skin. It seemed he hadn't sustained any lasting scars from all his work in the two years they'd been apart.

There was only one problem, her current healing spell was to put it nicely, weak. It could heal one, maybe two of the cuts at a time, definitely not the multitude she had inflicted on him. It would take her quite a while to repair every piece of sliced skin. Tapping her chin in thought, she sighed, she could spend hours doing such, but that really didn't seem overly effective. Perhaps it was time she actually trained her healing abilities as well.

"Alright, let's sit, I don't know how long this will take." She'd urge Yuurei, kneeling on the grass herself as she waited for him to join her.

(179)
[Spell Training - Irisvir (B-Rank) - (179/700 Words)]

#45Yuurei 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:47 am

Yuurei

Yuurei blinked a few times as he didn’t remember Kailani having healing abilities. Still, he wasn’t going to say anything about it and he was glad that she was capable of doing so. Still, he was glad that he would be able to get those little wounds closed. They were the ones that bothered him the most, so yeah. He would stay still as she was looking for his back, his body fully trained, but her seeing him like this only tensed his muscles a bit. It wouldn’t take long, but she wanted him to sit down in front of her, so she could take care of him. He would nod as he heard what she said, and he didn’t mind it taking as long as it would.

Yuurei only cared that he would spend time with her. The light mage would turn his back on her, and he would sit down with his body leaning forward, so she could heal anything wrong on his back.

“Take your time, I’m in no rush. The cold doesn’t bother me as it used to before.” He said as he had made sure to train under harsh cold temperatures, so he could get accustomed to the weather.

#46Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:12 am

Kailani Fleurn †
She gently brushed down his back over the cuts with her fingers, they weren't especially deep, that was a good sign, they were more like scratches one would get from Nimbus or Renji if they were to swipe at you. She grew confident that she could heal them without too much trouble.

Her healing spell was her most gentle, so she doubted she ran any risk of injuring him further by attempting to simply increase its potency. Lifting her hand off his skin, she'd hold it a few inches away. Slowly she'd let her magical energy flow through her, feeling the force within her being to stir. She'd twist her wrist, causing her hand to move in a small whirlwind-like manner as she focused her mind on the young man in front of herself. Soon enough two matching circles would shimmer in the sun simultaneously, one beneath herself and the other under the light mage. So far, things were going fine. She'd let the circles grow, slowly extending them outwards until they couldn't stretch any further.

She felt the flow of energy around the rim of the magic circle beneath the half-elf, focusing on the air around it, she'd have it slowly stir upwards, the wind circling gently around his body. Closer to a gentle breeze than a raging storm this time, her magic began to shimmer and sparkle as the cool air caressed the wounds. Kailani would once more feel the slight tingle in her own body, she'd push it aside, ignoring it for now, healing the light mage was more important to her right this second than figuring out how to make her newly gained mana work properly for her. The gentle breeze would feel cool against his skin, not quite as cold as ice, but chilling enough that may cause one to shiver like a refreshing spring wind.

The air would continue to swirl around, closing a number of the cuts she had caused him previously. It seemed increasing the amount of mana she used had indeed increased the effectiveness of her magical healing. While previously she'd have only been able to patch one or two small cuts, she was now closing all the wounds on his back at once. As the spell finished she'd inspect him closely once more, touching his skin once more over where the wounds had once been. It was cool to the touch where her magic had done its work..

It seemed it had been effective, all the wounds had closed themselves now and the wood elf's eagle eyes couldn't spy any the magic had missed. It was certainly going to come in handy in the future. Soon enough the two elves and their dwarven friend would be heading into much more perilous situations. They were strong enough now to take on creatures far stronger than before. It would be her job to ensure that if either of her friends got injured she'd be there to heal them, after all, as far as she was aware, Yuurei couldn't use healing magic and Brone, well he couldn't use magic at all. This superior healing spell was definitely going to come in handy.

"How did it feel? Is it still itchy?" Kailani asked the half-elf, wanting to make sure it hadn't stung or anything during the process and make sure that her magic had in fact helped him out.

(565)
[Spell Training - Irisvir (B-Rank) - Training Complete (744/700 Words)]

#47Yuurei 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:23 am

Yuurei

Yuurei was waiting for her to do her magic, and soon enough when he looked down, he would see a magic circle under him. He hoped nothing went wrong with this spell because the last thing he needed was for the wounds to become larger than they were. While waiting for things to happen, he would start to feel a gentle breeze on his back. It was moving around in a swirl-like motion, and he would close his eyes as he could feel his wounds were healing. It wasn’t just that but shivered a bit because of all the wind that he felt on his body. It was amazing how she could do that with her magic, and it was nice to feel that his wounds were closing as well.

He was glad that he had allowed her to do her magic, but this healing magic felt as if she was using a powerful one. Still, now that she had done her magic, she would ask him a question. He was spaced out for a few seconds and then he would blink a few times as he would squirm his torso a bit to see if he felt itchy.

“It felt weird, It was like the wind was swirling around my back. But I don’t feel itchy anymore, so thank you for that. I swear your magic is trying to make me feel cold.” He laughed a bit as he got up from the ground and he would look at her.

“So do you got any more magic spells that you need to train?” He asked curious to see what else she needed to do.

"If so I'm ready for it." He said to her giving her the okay.

#48Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:43 am

Kailani Fleurn †
Kailani smiled brightly, glad it seemed he was feeling better and the injuries she had caused were no longer giving him any discomfort.

"I'm glad I could repair the damage, once again, I'm very sorry." She sighed, placing her hands in her lap as she thought more about his words.

"Well, I can't really control the temperature, well not yet." she gave him a small smile as she considered perhaps trying to form a spell that could do just that one day. However, that wasn't part of her plans just yet, "There is one more thing I'd like to try." She admitted, "I was thinking about how you can already increase your strength, but Brone can't. It would be more effective next time we're on a job if I could help with that too." The wood elf smiled, it had been something she'd had in the back of her mind for a while now. If she could make the little dwarf even stronger than before and then send him flying at enemies it would definitely be an incredibly powerful combination.

(180)
[Spell Training - Versveshilt (C-Rank) - (180/525 Words)]

#49Yuurei 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:54 am

Yuurei

Yuurei would hear her apologizing, and he would move his hands frantically as he didn’t want her to feel sorry about anything. Still, it seemed like her last spell was something related to strength. She wanted a way to buff strength for her allies. He was able to do that to himself, but if she could use that on Brone, then the playing field they were going to go into would level up nicely.

“If you say you’re sorry to me about what happened one more time, I’m going to clobber you on the back of the pretty little head of yours.” He said as he raised his fist at her.

He had feelings for her, but she was his best friend, and he wasn’t going to change how he acted around her because of something like that.

“That is an amazing idea. I bet Brone would be excited the day you use such a spell on him. The dwarf already hits like a truck so I can only imagine with your boost how much he’d grow.” He said to her with a smile on his face.

He figured that she was getting ready to use her spell, but of course, he waited until the magic began.

#50Kailani Fleurn † 

Getting Tough Before The Tough Get Going [Spell Training] - Page 2 Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:05 am

Kailani Fleurn †
Hearing Yuurei agree with her plan made her incredibly happy, at least her idea seemed useful to both of them and she was utterly elated to begin working out the mechanics to make it work.

Using Brone as her inspiration on this spell, she thought back to the first time she had met the dwarf. When she had bowed to him he had tapped his chest with a clenched fist. With that notion in mind, she'd attempt to mimic those actions as part of her spell. Letting her magic draw into her now clenched fist the wind mage would focus on Yuurei's currently bare torso.

Once more bright white magic circles would glitter in the sunlight the first on the back of her hand, the second on the light mage's body. Steadily it would expand, not wanting to risk injuring either her friend or herself any further today, she opted to simply use a small portion of her magical energy reserves. She found it far easier to control and it would have less toll on her own body.

As the circle reached around half a meter in diameter, she'd tap her chest with all her might, sending a shockwave of air surging towards the circle on Yuurei. As it hit, she'd wind the wind around him, allowing it to flow down towards his legs and up over his arms, wrapping around all four of his limbs as it strengthened his muscles contained within.

"So.. do you feel stronger?" The wood elf asked as she couldn't be certain it had worked entirely as intended, but it at least appeared to be doing something from her perspective, the only way to know for sure if it had indeed increased the light mage's strength would be down to how he answered her.

(299)
[Spell Training - Versveshilt (C-Rank) - (479/525 Words)]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum