Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pest Control 1 [Ayaka/Lumikki]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ayaka Kitazawa 

Pest Control 1 [Ayaka/Lumikki] Empty Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:44 am

Ayaka Kitazawa
In the early morning, just as the first hints of daylight began to grace Orchidia City, Ayaka found herself at in the middle of it. Today was marked by a rather unpleasant task that she and her fellow guild member were being paid to undertake. The mission they were on, as she grimly contemplated, was nothing short of revolting. They were appointed as exterminators for the day, with the insidious pest of choice being none other than the city's rampant rat population.

The very existence of such a pestilence within the city was an astonishing feat in itself, leading Ayaka to question the hygiene and practices of its residents. How could an entire city allow itself to be overrun by these vermin? The implication was undeniable; the citizens bore at least some responsibility for this squalid state of affairs.

As Ayaka waited for her partner to arrive, a rat darted perilously close to her foot. With lightning reflexes, she swiftly crushed the creature beneath the sole of her sturdy black boot. Her attire for the day had been meticulously chosen for the task at hand, an all-black ensemble constructed from thick, resilient material, impervious to the gnashing of rat teeth. Her body remained concealed, save for her head and face. Her lustrous violet tresses had been neatly fashioned into an impeccable bun atop her head, not a single strand daring to defy her control.

234/2000

Last edited by Ayaka Kitazawa on Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2Lumikki 

Pest Control 1 [Ayaka/Lumikki] Empty Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:27 am

Lumikki

Lumikki, tired of this job by now, flew over to the location that she was given. She was working with a member of Paradise Dawn that she has yet to meet. Part of this worried her as the Dawn already collected an odd assortment. For a time, even a dog was a member but it was long since she’s seen the pup again.

As she flew over, her unkindess followed her eagerly. Once Lumi knew she was taking this job, she spread the word among her ravens so that they would come join her. It was a free feast for her birds and an easy way to rid the corpses.

When Lumikki arrived, she was still within her raven form. Looking around first to find her mate based on the description she was given. ”I believe it would be the woman over there,” Trygve, one of her more prominent ravens pointed out.

Gunvald, a raven that was here prior to watch out the spot would join them. ”Girl just crushed on under her boot with no remorse. I think I like her…” He ruffled his feathers as he roosted beside them, eager to see the extermination to come.

Lonu laughed, ”Your excited to see any bit of carnage you old bird. Question is, what doesn’t impress you.”

Lumikki laughed along to their nonsense before pushing herself forward and gliding down to her partner. She stopped a bit of the way off to shift before getting nearer. A cluster of feathers swirling around in her a small vortex that grew before giving way to her human form. She figured it odd to show the woman her real form just yet.

”Aye, I’m Lumikki Hùrtr. Tis a pleasure meeting ye, though I wished it was under better circumstances. This is one of me least favorite jobs by far. Still an easy way to feed me birds i guess…” She nodded to all the ravens perched precariously all around them. Sitting and watching for the inevitable attempt of the rats to escape. Lumi gave her a nod along with her greeting and introduction.

Unlike the woman who was sealed away in her outfit mindfully. Lumikki wore an over size shirt and boots. Her lavender hair in two twin buns. She wasn’t worried about the rats touching her since she would freeze them in place all the same, but she very much understood the sentient the woman had.

”I’ll take yer lead lass, I feel ya have a particular way ya’d like to manage this. But no worries, I’ll pull me share when ya need me. The sooner we decimate them the better….” Although Lumi was used to this mission, it didn’t make her any less sick to her stomach, nor did she ever get used to the abhorrent smell.

Pest Control 1 [Ayaka/Lumikki] Img_0212

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#3Ayaka Kitazawa 

Pest Control 1 [Ayaka/Lumikki] Empty Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:56 pm

Ayaka Kitazawa
Ayaka's attention was completely absorbed by the towering buildings that surrounded her, leaving little room for distractions. Her mind was entrenched in thoughts of the infestation plaguing the city, delving into the depths of the issue. She pondered whether the problem was merely superficial, a matter that could be resolved with a few well-placed pesticides, mouse traps, and a lesson in hygiene for the residents. Or, perhaps, the matter was more profound, necessitating repeated visits to tackle the persistent rat problem. Ayaka wasn't particularly keen on the idea of returning to deal with such issues, but the pay was too good to disregard, forcing her to suppress her feelings of disgust.

It wasn't until a woman's voice broke through her contemplation that Ayaka even noticed her presence. She turned to face the stranger, whose way of speaking struck her as not odd, but rather new and intriguing. Ayaka found herself smiling in response. Her gaze remained fixed on the woman, now known as Lumikki, as she continued to speak about the increasing number of birds in the area. Ayaka had indeed observed their growth since her partner's arrival. Once Lumikki fell silent, Ayaka nodded before introducing herself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lumikki. I'm Ayaka Kitazawa. Honestly, it's nice to meet more people from the guild. I haven't had the chance to interact with anyone outside of the guild master since i've joined." As they conversed, two rats scurried into view, heading in their direction. Ayaka refrained from eliminating them, recalling Lumikki's mention that her birds might relish a quick snack. She wondered if they would deal with the problem.

"It seems that a city-wide infestation will require more than just two people and a single day. I have a hunch that we were called in to prevent the situation from worsening. In that case, we can start with one building and go floor by floor, talking to the tenants about the benefits of keeping a clean environment and possibly getting a cat."

The cityscape around them varied from apartment buildings to stores and cafes, all intertwined in a web of potential rat hideouts. For now, they decided to focus on the apartments, a decision that would grant residents the relief of rat-free living. The establishments serving food would need to fend for themselves, with the inspectors ready to shut them down if they failed to meet hygiene standards.

As Ayaka continued her conversation, the sun climbed higher in the sky, but soon, a blanket of clouds obscured its light, and raindrops began to fall, with one particularly large drop landing right on Ayaka's forehead. "Well, it looks like the perfect time to start," she remarked, leading the way towards the apartment complexes set back from the main streets. She took the opportunity to make some small talk with Lumikki, as this was their first meeting.

"You know, your way of speaking is pretty unique to me. I've never encountered anyone with your particular style. I find it.. charming? interesting? I like it is what I'm saying. Are you originally from Fiore?" It was a bit of light conversation to break the silence. As they approached the buildings, the number of rats in the streets increased, and they seemed completely indifferent to their presence. Ayaka stepped over or on them, regarding the vermin as nothing more than a minor inconvenience. The rain washing away any blood that might have gotten on her boot, the growing puddles cleaning the guts from the bottom of her shoes.

820/2000

#4Lumikki 

Pest Control 1 [Ayaka/Lumikki] Empty Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:37 am

Lumikki

Ayaka was kind enough to hear her out and return with an introduction of her own. To Lumi’s surprise, the name had cemented her as another Joyan. It has been a feeling lately that she’s been coming across more of them since the war and since she’s grown a fondness for them, she was happy to meet another. Perhaps she would be able to learn more about the woman in time and her thoughts and feelings about her home. Any information was a nice addition to piecing together Benimaru’s old lands. But as content as Lumi was to meet her, she was disgusted and filled with disdain for the two rats that scuttered by. Cutting into an otherwise nice introduction. Lumi was surprised Ayaka didn’t glance down at them let alone stomp those two out. She was intriguing in her reserved nature. Ayaka’s distaste for them was written quite clearly on her features and dress, so it was indeed her choice to refrain at this moment.

Lumikki wouldn’t move an inch either, and though she could see them in her perifial vision, she never bothered to glance at them. She already knew she didn’t have to. Two of her birds went into a dive and snatched the rats up. Disappearing somewhere up above to enjoy their meal. Good, Lumi would think to herself, at least the rats have a purpose. They were insufferable otherwise but handy for sating her birds.

” Ye sure ya want ta waste yer whole says speaking to the masses one at a time? To be frank, many of ‘em are daft. But besides that, it’ll eat up a lot of yer time.” She looked up at the sky as she spoke. It was looking cloudy since she woke up, it had made her want to leave her bed even less but now it was looking like it’ll start to rain soon. Lumi sighed, she didn’t mind being wet and cold per se but she wasn’t in the mood to look at wet rats today or suffer their stench longer than she’d like.

” Tell ya what, I don’t hate the idea of talkin' to ‘em. But perhaps we could meet with the building owners and staff to talk it over. Make ‘em adhere to ya rules and maybe up the cost of the work if we find they don’t. Saves ya some time and annoying encounters so we could enjoy a nice bath when we get back home.”

Lumi could notice some of the rats in the dark alley just nearby. The darkness couldn’t hide them from her and with any little bit of moment they had become noticeable. She sighed deeply again, using her magic to push them out of the shadows with just a small wave of her hand. It always unsettled her just how many of the rodents were around. Usually, wherever Lumi had tended to hang out the most, many of her flock would occupy. They ate whatever rats were around and sparred her from seeing them, but here in the residential area. They were still a menace.

The rats revealed from the shadows were quickly picked off by her birds. The magic of the Demon had slowed them down to make them easy pickings.

Lumi was brought back by Ayaka’s words, and it seemed the rain had truly come. She clapped her hands to will her dark frost to shield them from the rain as they walked toward the building. More and more rats began to take their chances, scuttering around again. Whatever revealed themselves, her birds ate. Even the one’s crushed beneath her guild mate’s boot. Meanwhile, the two exchanged small talk and it was nice. “I originally come from Fjallgard, a city commonly populated by the Dwarven folk in Iceberg. Their ilk isn’t usually the type to travel, me Uncle Brone being one of the exceptions. Not too many people point it out though so I tend to forget. I’m glad ya find it charming,” she tried to hide her blush. She didn’t expect a complaint and not from someone as pretty as her. ” Yer name tells me yer Joyan. A fasinating place ta hail from. Yer quite lovely as well lass, ye carry yerself quite strongly.”

The pair entered the building to be met with a musty smell. The aroma of many things with age contained in this space had hit them both at once. Some telling of decay, some things better gone. ” Ay, we came to answer the quest! Rid ya of yer rodents and all!” Lumikki would exclaim. But no one would answer her and despite the lack of response the building was far from silent.

She ran her hands through her hair as a gesture of her frustration. Bad enough to feel contained within these walls, another to be ignored despite being here for a favor and the place wrecking and molding all around you.
The small Demon took charge for the moment, walking down the hall where she figured the landlord to be. Just at the end to the right as it would be most times, all these buildings were designed the same. She knocked on the door loud and obnoxiously. Without rest or breaks between the knocks to emphasize how she wanted them to answer at that very moment. Finally, the pair could hear the lock turning, and Lumi would halt her barrage. An old man would answer, he was aged but not so frail. It Must have been hard of hearing though or maybe he was already losing his mind as he still didn’t understand why they were there.

“ Yesssss girl? Did you really have to pound on my door like that? It would behoove you to have more patience for your elders sweetheart.” The old man groaned at the small Demon.

”It would behoove ya to have an aid around if ye can’t take ta greeting yer guests. Especially ones here to do ya a service, sweetheart.” Her eyes were flashing purple as she spoke, ” Listen mate, appearances don’t always denote an elder and I hardly have the patience to spare. Ya want the rats gone or not?!” The hallway was already dimmly lit but the light seemed as if it was waning just a little bit more. One of the lamps that was sitting on a nearby and keeping the way lit fkickered for a moment.

Lumikki wasn’t always the angry type but a mix of her annoyance at the man and the task at hand had set her off. She figured the more she pressed, the faster they could get paid and leave.

As if to prove the point of her urgency, another rat could be heard scratching within the walls. She sighed while banging really hard on the wall. The rats dying cry could be heard soon after. ”Gross…I just wanna go back home….”

The man observing it all just turned to look toward the soundd and then back to her. “Yea, it would be nice to get started on dealing with that, huh?”

1183_1649

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#5Lumikki 

Pest Control 1 [Ayaka/Lumikki] Empty Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:18 pm

Lumikki

The left hand of Lumi tensed as she stopped herself from choking the old man. Her eyes glowed a bright purple as the last bit of her patience was waning. The hand she used to bang the wall was still planted in that very spot, black frost was creeping from the point of contact and black frost flowers would bloom. The air around them would chill and the man would shiver. "What's wrong with you girl?! I thought you had a job to do?"

"Aye, but where is it that we go, old man!? Where exactly is the problem stemming from? We ain't mind readers here ya know!" She somewhat getting in his face, though the man hardly faltered. He was not much longer for this world. He had nothing to lose keeping his ground and the little raven respected him for it. She pulled away and looked at her partner, sighing deeply as this wasn't how she wanted to be seen. " Sorry lass, the rodents unnerve me with how they disgust me so I could tend to get in a mood at times. Won't point it at ye but this man was indeed trying me patience."

The man cleared his throat annoyed, but as no one had been taking his quest. Perhaps because they were tired of the futility. Or just as likely, they saw the work to be beneath them. Lumikki only joined herself on this endeavor because she was enticed by the prospect of having a partner and what more a member she had not yet met. From her little understanding, Ayaka was new to the guild but not new to the work. It was exciting to meet another woman's prominent member as most who joined and mattered were men. At least that is how it felt as of late. There was no one else so long that she had been in the Dawn.

" Listen good, sweetheart. The nest from what I can guess, is downstairs by the basement. I'm sure you could figure it out from--" Lumi no longer stood there to let him finish. She didn't have to listen to him any longer, so she would quickly turn and head down, cutting the man off. Most of these buildings had a similar design, at least from what she could gather. One of her first missions and introduction to quest work was sadly kill rats. And even back then, the problem came from somewhere in the basement.

Lumikki walked just a few more doors down the hall, all the lights flickered as she passed. She paused before opening the door to the basement and being hit with a stench. Her face and nose would crinkle in disgust. She wondered how Michael or Dragon Slayer for that matter would tolerate walking down these steps if she was already about to hurl. " I think ye could handle the lecture lass. I'll manage chasing 'em out." The girl would yell out before descending the steps. She didn't even bother with the lights, she could see just fine in the dark, and with every silent step to took to descend down to the basement, she would fade more and more from sight. A mere apparition she was now, not even the rats would notice her entry.

Lumikki willed the plentiful darkness to creep below and feel for every crack and every hole for her. It carried a harrowing chill that slowed all the rats it touched. When Lumikki felt she filled most of the basement, though it took some time as she had to cover all of the building's lower floor, she because to pull her magic further until it reached outside. All the rats caught in her spell had no choice but to be forced out. Those strong enough to fight her push would not last that much longer as the chill of her shadows would take them. With patience and a delicate handle on her magic, so as not to destroy any of the structures. She was able to pull much of the rodents to the outside world.

The rats were already slowed and chilled from her magic but they found no warmth outside as rain poured down on them. They found no cover or anything to obscure them either as her ravens would descend to pick all the rodents off. The terrified squealed in fear to no avail as they were nothing but meals now. Lumi sealed the entries back into the building with her black frost so that the rats wouldn't try to just run back in if she eased her magic. When she was content, she made her way back upstairs and to the front of the building so that she could watch.

It was surely a feast but nothing was quite like the first time to cleansed Orchidia with her ravens, setting them on the rodents by the river. Lumi formed one set of her wings and an umbrella for the rain, walking forward so that she was under the sky once more before flapping her wings and taking a spot just above. Some of her ravens who had their fill would take a seat beside her. Croaking happily as they were settling their bloated stomachs.

877_2526

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Curtain Call
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum