Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drinking Deep [Lumikki]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:11 am

Saturn
The behemoth of a demi-god had been waiting on the docks for quite some time now. He had been told that the ship he had been waiting for was waylaid by a storm off in the distance and that it’d be quite some time before they arrived. It was a rune knight vessel here to pick him up for work that they needed him for. Or rather that they wanted him to learn about. Finding it curious the recruit out of the knights was now passing the time by slowly turning the pages of a book.

He had been deeply curious about the islands here and wanting to learn a little bit about them while he waited he opted to see if there were any tomes he could read while he waited. Thankfully the local bookstores had a few copies, albeit a little outdated information wise they were still a good read for him. The first of seven volumes was the one that he bought before the rest.

It was intriguing and outlined a lot of what he wanted to know; some things had fallen into times well while others were crisp and clean. It was fascinating to him just how much went on here. Not all of it was information that he understood though; he read the words but didn’t quite get it you know? His reading comprehension and the understanding of the words would improve over time. After all he was still learning the language that he had chosen to base himself out of for the meantime.

Interesting…

He’d turn another page; that ever present smile widened slightly and the pages would be turned by a slight flick of a finger. He wasn’t going to be using his body to move the pages; he was using a little bit of arcane magic to gently turn the pages. Not wishing to repeat his first venture with books back in the knights headquarters.

such love put into this place… in their past too. So lovely~

This place made him happy in more ways than one and he’d breathe out with a slight excited pitch. He wanted to learn more about this place but he needed time to process the information. There was still so much he didn’t know and he really wanted to learn more. Understanding history was important to him since it let him know how best to heal those in mind. It would let him find peace and comparisons were everywhere in the tomes he sought…

#2Lumikki 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:45 pm

Lumikki

Lumikki was walking a distance away when finally looked toward the shore, she was on a walk after a big meal. She’s been around the island long enough to start having favorite places to eat and drink and she would come here from time to time when she was bored of home.

In one of her glances, she had caught sight of a familiar furball. She couldn’t see what he was doing per se as his back was facing toward her but even from the massive distance away, she could make out the twitching of his ears. The Demon grinned as she found her new pass time, taking silent steps in his direction.

When she closer, her hand would casually snatch some shadow, pulling out a thin veil as she did and throwing it on top of herself. Now for as silent as the Demon was, she was also hard to see. Completely invisible from her spell as she closed the last of the distance.

She walked around first to note what occupied much of his attention. It seemed he was deeply engrossed in a book that would make her trickery all that much easier to play with. Lumi walked toward him once more and stopped just a little bit before him. Cupping her hands a pool of darkness would form and she’d gently blow it toward him. The book the Demi-God was reading now. stained and obscured by her darkness for as long as the Demon would hold it.

She barely held back her chuckle as she kept going. ” A curious sight you are to see around here friend. Do you think it wise to be here all alone? Critters of the sea could snatch and drag yooooou…. Creatures like me…..” She spoke in ever-shifting voices. All of different ranges and tones and they would all merge and stand out as she uttered her words. She left it on a voice she figured to be quite harrowing, like a maiden lost and drowned at sea.

Lumi quickly and silently formed her wings and beat them, blowing cold air toward Saturn. She covered the floor in a black moving mist that would creep all around him and will her dark frost tendrils to form and wrap around his legs.

”You’re mine….” Lumi would hiss.

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Img_0212

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#3Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:12 pm

Saturn
Waiting for the ship wasn’t as boring as he thought it would be given that he had this book with him. He could have gone for company but not many people wanted to be out this late on their own or even in duos. The demi-god didn’t quite get the fear of the dark or the unknown. He understood that people were afraid of it for various reasons but he couldn’t really get behind that.

He didn’t hear or see Lumikki come up; given that her magic was strictly stronger than his at this time; so he didn’t even notice her looking at what had his attention. It was in between glancing up at the ocean and down at his book at one point that his book now had black pages. He’d blink once, twice, then check his eyes to see if there was anything wrong with them. Frequently the demi-gods eyes were closed and lumikki would be the first and currently only person to even get a glance at what they were like. Deep golden eyes, set in a spiraling ring with a faint glow. His sclera seemed to be black but it would be difficult to see immediately given that faint light.

Then came the voice, voices? Saturns head looked about as he tried to pinpoint where it was; looking a little surprised that he couldn’t see anyone or even sense anyone really. They warned him about what could happen given that he was alone they could drag him into the sea. Creatures like them. His expression grew puzzled; his ears flicking this way and that. Tilting to try to find wherever it came from. Maybe it was from his deep seated caring of others but his reaction was quite muted; maybe he just didn’t have a danger sense yet.

Huh? Where are you? Uhm. Yeah. This place is pretty peaceful.. So uh- oh?

But his prior iteration or rather his sisters deep seated combative nature he felt an edge on his back. He lacked hackles like a werewolf did but there was a slight standing of his fur on his back that he couldn’t quite explain. Feeling that cold wind and then the tendrils wrapping around his legs he’d try to pull his feet away. Going to stand up; a bit of alarm on his face.

Hey now! That’s not very nice-

He’d huff a bit and tug at his legs, feeling the creeping mist and sensation of getting tugged at. This was definitely not something that he was liking, but that hiss made him shiver from head to toe. Maaaaaybe staying out this late wasn’t a good idea if there were spirits out to claim people? He didn’t remember reading anything like that…

#4Lumikki 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:21 am

Lumikki

Lumikki barely held back her glee. She was savoring his growing fear and confusion. Part of her was considering even showing him her true forms but she figured it would be a bad idea. It was a secret better tucked for later or for never at all.

She settled on forming a large shadow instead, shaping it to take the form of an ever-shifting monster. Beasts with claws, fins, wings, and fur would all cycle through until eventually, they settled on the likeness of Saturn himself. ” Nice? There is no nice when you face the horrors of the world stranger….” The shadow Saturn reached out for the original, hands gripping his shoulders and mouth widening until it was gaping. A massive maw trying to consume the Demi-God clasped in frigid hands.

But before the phantom could connect, Lumi who had been getting closer the whole time, appeared out of nowhere. She hopped up and a smaller-sized set of her wings kept her hovering in mid-air long enough to kiss the forehead of the startled pup and look him in the eyes. All the apparitions had left as suddenly as they appeared. The Demon didn’t acknowledge them either as if they never even happened. Even the pages of Saturn’s book would return as if never touched by the night around them.

” Funny running into ye here mate, and now of all times. Brave aren’t ye after I’ve warned ya of the things that bump in the night. If yer not careful, they’d find ya, ye know? but I’m here now and so ye’ll be fine enough. What are ye even doing out here?” Lumi glances at the book as if she never noticed it before. ” Reading? Outside alone in the dark? Ya pick an odd way to spend yer time mate. Though I can relate to the joys of reading meself.”

She glides over to the book and picks it up, thumbing through the pages to get the gist. ” This reminds me that I need to hunt down books of the lore on this island. It would behoove me collection and I’m curious about the stories these folks hold in their hearts.” She looked up to him with a sweet smile as she spoke.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#5Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:11 am

Saturn
Saturn wasn’t terribly enthused as to what he was seeing in front of him, a shadowy version of him that made his heart jump in his chest. The cycling earlier made him wonder just what he was dealing with; a changeling of some sort? He had read about things with shapeshifting abilities before but to meet one up close and personal? With the grasp on his shoulders there was a bit of frustration and confusion evident. Why the open hostility? He didn’t do anything- The frigid hands and the widening mouth were met with an earnest attempt at pulling away.

I don’t think-

Was all that saturn got out before the phantom could connect; in which his surprise was… Very evident as to when lumi arrived out of nowhere. His expression went from frustration, confusion and fear to actual prime surprise. The kiss on the forehead made him blink owlishly; uncertain of what to say to that or even really do. Somewhat frozen in place as he felt her eyes connect with his. It was very rare for anyone to really… see them. She had warned him before and he hadn’t really thought it through well enough. Maybe taking her warning a little more seriously this time would be… good. He’d breathe out a little bit; not even realizing he had been holding his breath.

I can… see that now yeah. Uhm. Thank you. I was reading and just waiting for the ship that was supposed to pick me up but… it got waylaid by a storm.

He’d rub at his neck; staring at her. Having no idea that it was her behind the ‘monsterous’ version of himself. Something that he was always afraid of was losing himself and that sent positively awful sensations through his body and mind. Even prompting him looking at one of his hands; giving it a squeeze just to check. It was him.

Reading is.. One of the few ways I can learn about places I couldn’t have gone to or places that aren’t… or times that have passed. Though. I will admit I like… tales a lot more than I originally thought i would.

Watching her thumb through the book he had picked out; she liked to read too? He’d manage to give back a warm smile; he felt the earlier nervousness and frustration ease. It was easy to do that when he was around his friend.

They have quite a few to pick from. I just went for general history and stuff like that… I wanted to know about them. They seem to be a very lovely people so I.. feel like they’d have some warm stories.

He’d smile a little brighter, practically glowing. He was glad to have run into her again after that entire little… experience. It had rattled him a bit; not to the point of where he was quaking with fear mind you but he was earnestly still just… hurt and confused.

"What are you doing out this late too Aurora? Though someone of your... strength wouldn't need to worry about the 'bump' I suppose."

#6Lumikki 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:20 pm

Lumikki

In her fascination with his read, it took her a while to respond to him. For the best, she thought to herself as she hung on the illustrations of one page about the island's older art and culture. She studied the lines and colors before her eyes would settle on the face of one of the beasts of their lore. A creature that usually would reside in the waters but would rise out and walk on land depending on the phase of the more. You could somewhat make out a painting of a blue woman draped in foliage and things of the sea. Her eyes were made to shine a bright yellow and her hair nearly looked white from the light of the moon. Lumi sat for a moment looking at it as she found the art styles of different times and different people to be quite fascinating.

” If ye desperately need to make the ship Osmond, long as ye could point the way I could ferry ya toward it. But that simply wouldn’t be as much fun if the gods themselves afforded ya all this free time.” She looked up at him again with a mischievous grin, eager to enjoy all this free time they had.

” Aaaah but I told ye tales were the heart of a culture. Well maybe not in those words but I’m sure I implied it.” She gave her words some thought as she tried to dig into her memories. ” Warm stories just might be a nice change of pace. I should visit a shop one of these days and pick up all they have. Now the question is, do I share it with me library or not…..?

Regardless of her thoughts on the matter, she slammed the book shut in her moment of gusto and handed it back to the Demi-God. ” Oh but of course, mate. I believe I said it before. I AM one of the things that bump in the night. But only to unfortunate souls that deserved it and had finally met their karmic end. Innocents don’t taste as good as the stories make them out to be, nor is there pleasure in abusing the less strong. No, I’d only want the weak and cowardly. Those folk have the most interesting expressions on their faces ya know. Maybe I’ll show it to ya sometime.” Both her eyes glowed a purple of two different hues as she spoke of her enjoyment in her hunt. Though she enjoyed teasing him, she wasn’t joking all that much here. Despite how her tone denoted a jest, she very much loved culling the egregious of the world. The weak and pitiful figured they could bring harm to others unchecked.

” I tell ye, Osmond, there’s a pleasure in being a righteous god sometimes. Ya could consider he was a goal of yer’s.” She was full-on grinning now. Her glee was overwhelming and her mischief was hardly sateated.

” Come, friend, let’s go somewhere warm and get refreshments!” Now it was only a matter of choosing the bar she was in the mood to go to.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#7Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:35 pm

Saturn
He clearly understood the fascination; it was the same that he had for the book earlier. She probably coveted knowledge much like he did too; though they likely used it in different ways. Or maybe similar? It was hard to know without asking. He’d flick his ears a few times as she offered to ferry him over to where the ship was. That surprised him for a moment; wouldn’t that be tiring? But then he remembered their prior interaction and how well she flew… So he brushed off that surprise and smiled pleasantly as she followed that quickly with something else. That grin had him curious.

Less desperate now I’d say Aurora. YYou have something in mind then I take it?

The idea of her going and picking through shops for books was something he liked; most certainly since he could relate and wouldn’t mind actually going with her. Though that would require them to both agree on a location to go poking through but that was easy!

If you’d like i could show you which shop I picked the book from so you can get something from it? Could share the ones you would like to honestly.

He didn’t quite understand what she meant by ‘all they have’ did she mean like all of their books or just the ones that she fancied? With her slamming the book shut and handing it back to him the demi-god would place the book into a holder on his waistband. He didn’t really carry much other than a few pouches and the way it was tied to his waistband seemed more akin to what you’d expect from a librarian than a rune knight.

Her explanation about the way that she went bump in the night and what she focused on was fascinating. He stood there for a moment a little taken in by the mention. Though when she offered to show him sometime he felt his tail shift from its more static posture to a slight wag.

I remember you stating that before; I don’t think I’ve read any books that denoted how peoples souls taste. I don’t even know how you’d go about that either. But if you’re willing to show me I can’t hardly turn down the opportunity to learn.

Saturn probably didn’t know what he was agreeing to; but he was immensely curious in regards to how she handled things. She didn’t seem to be doing what she did out of malice? Or at least that was his take on things. He’d tilt his head to one side as she explained a little more.

A righteous god? Like of justice or honor? A goal huh? I might have to look into that too..

Saturn noticed how much she was grinning; it was quite enchanting to say the least. He liked seeing people happy and their way of showing it was certainly one he enjoyed. His own smile widened a little bit and he’d nod his head. He didn’t seem to understand completely but he could at least tell she was happy.

Warm and refreshments sounds really good right now.

Saturn would look about; a hand coming up to rub his chin while the other simply hung by his waist. Saturn was easy to lead about; easy to get him to go places. A very workible and friendly individual especially to people he trusted. And he was quick to trust which on it’s own could be a problem but… maybe in this case it was better for him.

I’m sure I saw a few inns and a restaurant or two but… I'm not sure how late they stay open?

#8Lumikki 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:54 pm

Lumikki

“ What a prospect to inscribe the taste of a soul. Can’t say I’d know the taste of one or if I’d care to find out. I wonder Osmond, aaaare Demons known for eating souls? A vampire steals blood, a werewolf flesh, a God one’s fate, and a Seraphim one’s faith and fidelity. Perhaps it is the peace that a Demon steals. Hard to say.”

Lumi was in and out of her thoughts. She was here, in this book, and her personal inquiries. ” I suppose even the righteous indeed has its good and its bad. May ye be the Justice God I figure only ye could be.”

Lumi had slammed the book by then and was getting ready to set out. Her thin, black summer dress specked with flowers was blowing in the breeze. She pushed her loose strands of hair out from her face, the rest were tied in messy buns decorated with raven feathers. Her eyes and lips were painted in darkness and the Demon was barefoot. After her rebirth she found shoes very uncomfortable for her to wear.

” I know of a place the would be open to the wee hours of the morning. Come now pup, let’s have some fun.” She walked with a bounce in her step and a dancers grace as she would weave joyous twirls in her movement. The little Demon was excited to have company to join her drinking tonight and so she let it show in her movements.

” Next we meet I want to hunt books with ya. And if I’m in a good mood, maybe I’ll even tell ye stories.”

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#9Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:31 pm

Saturn
Oh. I must have mistaken… Eh? There are instances describing demons, demi-gods and seraphs dealing in souls so I just… hmm. It’s a strange clash of information then.

Maybe reading dusty books that had been sitting in the library was something he shouldn’t do and find more recent well thought out and less superstitious books would be a valuable use of his time. He’d rub at his chin hearing that demons perhaps stole peace; which was… ironic given that he sought to establish it.

Me? A justice god?

Saturn looked a bit baffled at the idea; he didn’t seem to think that he would be a good one. Or one at all. He’d gaze at her for a moment; her outfit was different than before wasn’t it? Or maybe it was just… He’d rub at his neck. He only had the one outfit that never seemed to get dirty and never seemed to be out of place on his body. He had to wonder how she made such good use of the darkness. Was there an element he’d be keen on? It was hard to tell still.

What was kind of interesting is that while they both had their differences; is that both of them certainly looked stylish. Saturn in one way and Aurora here in another. She spoke of a place that would be open and perking up a little bit his tail would wag slightly at the prospect of trying something new. He’d pad after her; maybe not as brisk or as excited. But he was genuinely intrigued to see something new and spend time with a friend. The twirls in her movement made him pause considerably though.

I suppose I should have gotten more used to when things were open rather than just.. Leaving.

The demi-gods smile grew a little bit and hearing that she wanted to hunt books with him next time Saturn brightened up considerably. Practically glowing even.

That would be wonderful Aurora. I wouldn’t mind hearing some, I’d have to share some of my own then? Right?

It seemed only fair; but saturn didn’t have much to share. Other than one. Very. Very. Very particular story.

#10Lumikki 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:09 am

Lumikki

” Souls are so abstract, it would be hard to say. I’d need to track a being that handles that matter and ask them for meself. But I’m not sure what lil ol’ me would want with any. I’m none of the monsters that would seek ‘em, hmmmm or maybe it’s harder to say. I wonder if Gods and Demons have any cause I’d wanna eat theirs. Whose soul would ye devour Osmond?”

Lumi would say in a dreary voice akin to a child in a horror flick as she walked through the town with Saturn. Not many people were still out and about, most were home and at most sitting on their porches with their families. The few that were still slinking about would all turn to look at her company. But as he has been making himself quite known in these parts, they no longer thought much of it.

” I’m curious about the stories ye’d now. Considering yer so new to the world, it would be less from preference and more from exposure aye. So I’m curious of the stories ye’ve encountered. It’s like asking for a child their favorite but the possibilities are expanded on.

Lumi snatched the darkness around her as she twirled, snacking on the black ribbons in glee. She was leading Saturn to a part of town that was still close to the waters but just a bit off. It was the only spot around the market area that still had lights on, the restaurants nearby were dimmed as they were cleaning the kitchen and preparing to leave. Music that told its age was playing from within and the pair were met with hardy laughter as the sailors and fishermen were trading their stories and flops on the job. Most of them had known and seen of Lumikki by now, so her entertrance was noted but not lingered on. Saturn on the other hand held their attention.

Lumikki had the habit of cooling down all the places she entered as she disliked the heat. She was even known for doing it back home and popular among the bars for chilling the hot boxes that they became once the place became packed. It was always a refreshing and pleasing experience when she came around and here was no exception.

Lumi took a seat by the bar and tapped the empty seat beside her. The bartender looked her over and slid her the drink he already prepared as he already knew the kind she leaned toward. The Demi-God on the other hand was a different story.

“ What could a make for ya….aaaah..?” The man was at a loss for words as Demi-Humans were already a rarity here but this one was also ten feet tall.

” He’s new to drinking really, mate. Figure a simple mixed drink would do him fine and we rev it up over time. Start with a Pina, and end with shots of rum!” Lumi was eating it all up as she enjoyed the perdicament. But more than anything she was interested in seeing a being like Saturn drink. She’s never drunk with a god before.

The crowd behind was regaining their composure again as well, now recanting stories of the odd things they’ve laid eyes on at sea. Saturn was the inspiration for this conversational starter but it would never reference him directly.

“ Lately I feel I’ve been seeing a large sea monster in the sky!” Yelled a man in the far back. Most of the others looked toward him from the passion in his voice. “Once I even saw it plunge into the sea only to return with a shark in mouth and rise beyond the clouds!” The men at the bar were calling him a fool, that his story was a stretch but the Demon would only laugh. The man wasn’t a liar, he just happened upon her pet Asger. She would clarify this if she didn’t find it so entertaining to have him suffer. Good thing the customs of the island didn’t warrant them hunting beasts, if they’d attacked her then she’d be enraged

“ Sure, sure Nico. And next, you’d be telling us that you see ‘em crawling on land!”

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#11Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:22 pm

Saturn
Saturns ears peaked a bit as she spoke about the souls; how she wasn’t a monster that sought them. He’d rub at his chin thoughtfully as she mulled over the idea of if gods and demons had souls. She’d want those. Then she posed a question that… he already knew the answer to. He’d look up for a moment; his smile seemed far less jovial and his brows came together in a strange focus.

...The priestess responsible for summoning me. If I had to choose. And I don’t say that lightly.

The warmth that was so omnipresent in his voice was no where to be seen for a moment and then it was like saturn remembered himself before sighing. He’d look down at his hands ears flicking a bit. What sort of stories would he even tell? He’d smile in a somewhat tired fashion.

Story unfortunately. A little bit of song. I suppose I can compare to a child with how experienced I am. Though… Mmm. There’s always more that I’ll get to see huh?

Saturn noted the gazes from the various folks out and about; many of them seemed familiar and he’d give them a small wave of his hand. Most seemed to ignore him while a few returned it. He didn’t know the area they were going to too well and seeing her snacking on the darkness he had to wonder if there was anything he could do that to. If he could even do it at all.

With them stepping into this new bar Saturn would have to duck his head to enter. His eyes swept the area and he could feel many eyes on him too. They had seen or heard of Lumikki surely but… Saturn? He was a large unknown. So he felt those a lot more keenly. Saturn curiously followed after her and feeling that… chill he wondered quietly how easy she could do that. Was it just second nature? The tapping on the empty seat drew his attention and he’d take a seat.

He practically brightened up any room he walked into; glowing with a somewhat inexperienced and awed view of the world. His ears flicked a little bit as the bartender addressed the both of them; easily for Lumikki but less so for him. Saturn would have spoken but Lumi was quicker. His smile warmed quickly and with her ordering for him he’d give a little thumbs up to the bartender.

He had never partaken in drinks before; so the fact that she was suggesting things for him well.. He trusted her. The conversations behind him made him wonder what beasts they could be referring to. Rubbing at his chin the demi-gods gaze found itself at the man in the back. The explanation made him wonder… Wasn’t there a beast that lumi had shown him that had come from behind the clouds? Could it have been a friend?

With the world being the way it is… I wouldn’t be surprised if that was true.

Saturn said in a rather chipper way, not seeming to miss the point that this individual named “nico” might not have been completely lucid. Or maybe he had a habit of fibbing? Either way it prompted him to wonder further what sort of beasts he could meet on his travels.

#12Lumikki 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:36 pm

Lumikki

” Priestess?…Summoning ye?….Yer a summon Osmond?” She almost wanted to yank out his fur to see if he would dissipate in the air. If he truly was a summon as she came to understand it from her readings, he was the most complex one she’s seen. Yet it would hardly line up with what he’s been telling her nor what her eyes would tell either. Lumi was a holder of the World’s eye and they told her he was a being like any other.

” Whatever this ordeal is, if ye need to find her just let me the Raven Queen know…Not many people escape the sight of me birds and so if one were to search, I’d be the best to ask. Sides cheeky God, yer interesting to see turn dark, even if but for a small moment.” Lumi turned to him and grinned, all her fangs on display. Her eyes revealing their true hues of a bright purple and pink. Her tattoos on her face peeked out and glowed for a moment before hiding away once more.

Nico was feeling quite defeated but the large Demi-human from the front came to his defense. “Ya hear that! Someone? Someone agrees with me. I’m telling ya these sea beasts are changing but you just don’t wanna hear it…” The men all around him would laugh at his expense all the same. Saturn’s words did nothing to sway them, if only the used his interjection as an excuse to egg the man on harder. Lumi drank in the chaos just as much as she did her own drink. When Saturn’s first one arrived, she’d just pull on him to get his attention and try it out.

“ This man really just wants to feel good about something even if he has to lie to get his attention.” One of the men pestering Nico would say. They weren’t a malicious bunch, just that Nico had a bad habit of talking too much and oftentimes he was wrong. Although the man made it his duty to argue despite his ignorance. And so the rest would bully him anytime he would start.

Lumi had caught them at it once or twice, although even if she didn’t know any better she wouldn’t care. She was no baby-sitter and hardly no saint. So she kept to herself in these times besides laughing at the nonsense.

” How ye like it pup? Did they have interesting things to drink up in the heavens of yer’s?”

Lumi by this time was done with her first one and was already gesturing for another. ” Maybe with enough of these and ye’d make a new song…”

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#13Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:50 pm

Saturn
...Not. Exactly. Not in the way many seem to think of summons. It’s… complicated and I don’t really know how to explain it right.

Saturn rubbed at his neck; he wasn’t sure how he’d compare to proper summons. They were musical beings summoned using ones magic. He was brought here through a ritual to try to establish a life inside of another to his knowledge. It was a confusing comparison but it was the closest thing that he could get to line up. To her he would be as a demi god; for that was exactly what he was. Just that his birth had been less what you’d expect.

Thanks Aurora-

Seeing those fangs and the eyes; he’d pause for a moment. Had he turned dark for a moment? The demi-god looked down at his hands; he was just being realistic honestly. What else could he say about it? He didn’t want more demi-gods brought to this world if they were left like he was. But something told him their reasoning for bringing him was a tad darker.

...I’ll be sure to ask.

-

When it came to the man that saturn had piped up for he immediately went into something else entirely. The demi-god tilted his head to one side; he didn’t understand it. But he didn’t dwell on it too much longer as Lumi pulled on him to grab his attention. He’d stare down at the drink and his ears would stand up slightly. He’d drink it down in one go; feeling the slight tickle of the drink at his senses before everything seemed to return to normal.

Can’t say that I’ve… ever experienced something like this. And… up in heavens?

He seemed confused about that implication, but seeing that she was gesturing for another the demi-god followed suit. A new song would be nice, some more music would be nice too. He’d ponder for a moment and then nod his head.

A new song would be nice. I don’t get to sing very often.

He seemed a little sad at saying that but maybe it was just the way he spoke. The demi-god adjusted in his chair and pondered further. What sort of music could he make? What sort of songs could he really sing? Would anyone understand them but him? The music that he understood and played came from somewhere far from here. Far from anything anyone would know.

...Hmm…

#14Lumikki 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:29 pm

Lumikki

” A lad like ye that speaks of music in all things doesn’t get to sing often? I peg that as odd pup, I’d encourage ya to do it more.” She took another drink from her glass and cycled the songs her Nan had once told her. Thinking over which would be short and sweet and settling on an old lullaby passed on by her people for ages.

She softly sang her song to him and did so three times over. It was a nice song but she did so hopping to make it easier for him to remember should he ever find he wanted to sing it to himself. If the being that he was is only but a few weeks old, she figured he missed out on all the things of being a child as well. She raised her glass to her face and looked it over for a moment, annoyed that she had him drinking before the lad heard his first lullaby. She didn’t like the realization, or how backward all things had seem to become.

Lumi looks to him best she could, she would look his way often sure, but she hardly looked him in the face unless she was hovering off the ground. She held a disdain to those who were taller but those blokes usually only reached six or so feet. This heathen was a whopping ten and it irked her greatly, but she often over looked it considering his charm and innocent demeanor. She still forgets her true form is no long four feet but fifteen, though she hardly shared any space in that form for it to sink in.

” That was a lullaby of me people. Who ever sang it first has already been lost to time yet their words would still comfort the young to this day. Music is not just the thing that pours out of us folk as ye perceive it to be, but a way for the mortals of us to live forever and still be there for those they love. So may ye collect may songs in yer time here Osmond, they are all treasures.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#15Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:13 pm

Saturn
...Well part of it is that ah… I don’t know what music I have yet. So I can’t.. Sing in the way that you’d think I could.

Saturn looked a bit sad at that; the encouragement she gave him brightened him up just a little bit. Followed by her singing a lullaby for him; he’d sit there somewhat entranced. He’d look down at his hands, one around the glass that he downed the drink from and eventually he looked puzzled.

It’s… it’s very gentle and caring. A lullaby?

Saturn sat there for a few long moments, he sort of found himself reaching deep within and eventually he’d let out a soft yet low hum. But it wasn’t the sort of hum that you’d expect from a being such as he; not something that you’d expect out of anyone. His vibrance, his youtfullness, his innocence. Even at the beck of the liquor and the darkness from earlier seemed to wash away.

Deep within his body was a tender innocence, an infinite amount of unquestioned love for the world and every single being inside of it. It blossomed like a flower and that hum carried every single little bit of it’s weight. The only people close enough to feel that would be the barkeeper and Lumi sitting next to him. He liked the tune of the lullaby and with a gentle sigh that ‘hum’ would slowly creep away. Leaving in it’s place a soft emptiness where warmth used to lay, unending and yawning in front of them.

I’ll remember it. I don’t think I could forget it if I tried.

His words were soft, gentle, caring, a tenderness not many forget and the demi-gods finger gently ran around the top of the glass he had drank out not even a few moments ago.

I wouldn’t… mind collecting that sort of song, or the music that people have like that. Getting to keep that for others and for people to hear even far beyond when they rightfully should. Maybe that’s a different kind of peace.

He’d stare down at the glass, his ears flicking and tail wagging ever so slightly. His grin was tender; just like his tone. He’d turn his head slightly to look at lumi. A curious expression on his face.

...What was it called?

#16Lumikki 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:00 pm

Lumikki

The Lullaby for Clarity:

Lumikki held still like the ice and dark within her could. A perfect statue she was as she heard the being just beside her utter his sound. It reverberated through her false form and dug deep into her core, pulling out the bit of light she still had buried within. The sliver of humanity she had left so that she could still teether into this world. It was this sliver that would hum back to the Demi-God's tune, and the bit of her that forced the tears to slip from her eyes. What a surprise, she would think to herself as she finally mustered the strength to move. She does so only to take another sip from her cup. This vessel doesn't betray who I was, after all, there is human in me even now. Oh how I've forgotten what it feels to be one, it felt like I was a Daemon for ages and a Demon for eons more.

But so too would his hum end, taking its warmth along with it and leaving emptiness in the air only made louder by the silence. The Demoness had long blocked out the men from behind her, so it was almost as if only they had existed. The bartender only entered and left their small world, but even he too was halted and was so for a while. The man had to be woken from his stupor by the call of a sailor for more drink to be had. He broke away like a golem being brought to life, stiff and ridge at first before his fluidity would return. And the Demoness would sip her drink some more with the flow of tears steadily running down her eyes.

" It would behoove this world if more ageless beings offered their timeless forms and held to the beauty the mortals makes. So that it too would never die." Her voice was entirely softened so that not even a sprinkle of her mischief stayed behind. Saturn heard only the soft caring human that she was before her father turned her otherwise.

" It is a simple name me love for such a simple song. The Wolf song is what it would usually be called but don't mind the name. It's an ageless song passed down in tongue, at this point it needs a name like the air that we breathe. Least that's how me people see it, and the older I get the more I figure I'll understand for meself."

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#17Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:13 pm

Saturn
Maybe he had no idea how his single hum affected the two within his small sphere of influence; or maybe it was something he did know and did account for. But for those that would know saturn and those that would learn of him he would never use this sort of influence or ability to hurt someone. He just wanted exactly what he felt and what he wanted to be known. And being able to share it even for a moment to one or two people was enough to make him a very happy individual. The sort of thing he was capable of sharing…

Both feeling and hearing the hum that followed his own; it eased his smile and he’d lean on the bar slightly. Staring down at his cup; the little droplets that were left over seeming to seek one another. He hadn’t gotten a refill yet but he wasn’t quite sure what he wanted to try yet. He’d turn his head slightly to see that Lumikki had hardly moved; but there were a few tears that had come from her eyes. He’d blink slightly and then look down again. He felt like it wasn’t something he needed to mention.

Something like that takes time too; but I think it’s worth trying. Even if just for a moment. Or what seems like moments to those that only have so many.

His ear would flick and he’d turn his head to look at the crowd, he barely heard them at this point. The laughter, the crying, the thinking. He wanted to reach out to them again like earlier but there was… something else taking his attention. The softness that lumikki held at this moment was unlike her earlier… interactions. But it was something he didn’t mind getting to see.

The wolf song huh? Never heard of it before now…

The demi-god let out a soft sound, one to mimic the first note of the lullaby. Somewhat happy he was even able to get close to the tune; he’d slowly turn his head again. His tail slightly wagging to and fro.

An ageless song passed down… Hmm~ I don’t quite get it. But. I think like you. maybe I will later. Or maybe I’ll find another ageless song I can share with you instead. Who knows.

Saturn paused for a moment; ears standing up straight and then he’d chuckle softly. His laughter was practically musical. He’d lean back in his chair and smile warmly.

It would go good with some of the music I can make I think. Though I’d need to try a little harder to make it last.

#18Lumikki 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:32 am

Lumikki

” Nah don’t fret on that now, pup. Ye’ll have to understand the concept of simply being before ye could tackle making something to last. Ye’ll need to sing a million fallen notes before ye could leave with a piece that ya truly feel yer own.”

She, herself, spoke from experience. There were a multitude of things she’s tried only to be met with failure and ruin. But one never paved anything worth having in their first tries and one could never truly create something timeless without long earned experience.

As a child, among the many things her Nan would teach her. Be it the stories or songs. The art to craft with ice or will her magic all together. This was the time that Lumi spent most diving into all the things that would be her being, her passions, her melody. It took whole childhood for her to pave the foundations for who she was. It would take him just the same. No matter how mature or competent he appeared to be, he would need to be withered by experience itself.

” Ye would likely find that song of yer’s the culmination of life itself Osmond. The passing on the time ye spent here and experiences gathered all woven like notes on a music sheet. The joys and pains are still too fresh with ye. Though intense and beautiful, they lack the direction and care someone more seasoned would possess. The true depths every emotion could add in notes in yer song.”

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#19Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:39 pm

Saturn
That so? Hmm… then I’ll just give it time. No need to rush.

Saturn eventually admitted, asking the bartender for another drink. It had been a little bit before he even tried to get a refil. He liked the sweetness of the earlier drink; it was easy to go with honestly. He just liked sweet things. He could tell that Lumikki spoke from experience; she was far more so than he. He didn’t even know her age, but in this world many people that were on their own were of age and some more so; he was just a strange outlier that made very little sense.

Listening to her explanation of the song saturn would mull things over. Eventually taking a sip of the drink the bartender gave to him. It was a little stronger than the earlier one and he’d quirk a brow. It wasn’t anywhere near as sweet and he’d have to just shake his head. Maybe he liked sweeter things than whatever this was.

That sounds like something worth investing in to some degree… even if it’s just a learning experience.

Saturn would stare down at his drink; easing out a sigh and eventually setting his hands on the counter. Wondering to himself what sort of song he would even write now compared to later. He wanted to see it but it was just so so so far away.

...I think if i find… the little notes, like the one earlier. That maybe I could make something… that’ll last. Or maybe something that’s ‘mine’. But honestly. I think to make something like you said I need to learn more.

There was a soft pause.

I think. I think I need to see much more than just these islands.

#20Lumikki 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:42 am

Lumikki

Lumi was leaning on the counter, casually chewing her straw. She was observing her friend the whole time as he finally mustered the curious to ask for his next drink. When the bartender nodded at his request the Demon threw up two figures. Signaling to him to bring back two of what she was having. The girl only liked sweet drinks, it was her preference. But the Demi-God hadn’t built a taste for himself and she was curious. Of course she got the idea soon enough when she saw the scrunch on his face, she got her answer.

The raven chuckled as she watched him give it a good try, grabbing his cup for herself and chugging the whole thing down. It was not to her preference yea, but the girl liked to drink and it wouldn’t be wasted in her presence. She licked her lips after a deep exhale, the alcohol burning her throat. The was more liquor in one go than had intended, but it only meant she’d find a tipsy sooner. And there she shat pleased, her head resting in her hand.

” Ye sure do mate! This island is lovely, I adore it even. But it’s not indicative of all the world. Ye could see this one island but one melody when ya want to know of all the songs there are.“ The bartender placed the new drinks before her and she slide the extra over to Saturn. ” That one’s tastier, I swear.” She giggled at the lad and grabbed her own, giving it a sip as she let the rest of her prior drink settle. “ I’m not a fan of the harder stuff meself but if I dolly let ya explore ya won’t find yer tastes. Maybe more mild and sweet are yo yer preferences. Wines make fine choices too.”

She somewhat zoned out as she was re-centering, somewhat losing her focus and thoughts. ” Lad I think ye should just live an be. Worry about the music later. If the task isn’t fun, there is no point to do it. Ye have more than enough time to create later.”

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#21Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:58 pm

Saturn
He definitely did not enjoy the taste of the stronger stuff, it lacked the strange sweetness of the other drink that he had earlier. When Lumikki took the drink from him he looked a little surprised but didn’t argue. If she was more affaliable to other drinks than he, he wasn’t about to ask for that drink back either. She seemed relaxed in this manner and he was kind of enjoying the sensation of seeing others relax.

It’s weird wanting to see more and not even knowing how much. Or where.

Saturn found himself with another drink in front of him; casting a look at the other as they promised him that it was tastier. He’d follow suit drinking it down; he didn’t have good portion control it seemed because the whole drink was done and gone. A shot glass was nothing and even the mugs they had seemed to be much smaller than his hand could hold.

Definitely tastier. What was that one called?

He seemed to harbor a lot of trust of his friend, why shouldn’t he? The demi-god adjusted a little bit and pondered at the information she gave him. That was hard stuff? So he would prefer the bottles that smelled of berries? He’d adjust a little bit and sniffed at the air. There were a few scents from the bottles that stood out; one of them reminded him of those little black berries that were like raspberries but not quite.

If the scent is anything to go by I’d agree, every drink that was tasty had that… sweet scent of berries to it. Or less wheat. I think someone in here is drinking nearly rubbing alcohol though.

That last one earned a concerned look on his face and he’d glance back towards the rest of the bar. Uncertain of where exactly that was from. Maybe the group that had been harassing that one fellow? Flicking his ear he’d look to her; her wisdom in the manner made sense and then he’d nod his head slowly.

Makes sense to me. I think I might need to start living more than just… staying or hoveling up in one place. There’s a weird… yearning that I can’t quite explain that’s gotten worse the longer I’ve been staying here. Oh. Bartender. That one.

He’d point his finger at one of the bottles on the back wall; the same one that smelled of those berries. He wanted to see what that one tasted like. He bet he’d like it.

#22Lumikki 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:11 pm

Lumikki

Saturn looked at her with a cautious expression, almost as if he was nervous to tread and try her offering. But in the end, he was a good sport, just as she hoped him to be. Because he drank it all down, but not only that, he inhaled it. As Lumikki watched, she broke out into a burst of laughter. It was a good thing she finished his leftovers before watching him drink his own, as it would have been painful if the drink were to get stuck in her throat. " That's a Piña Colada love. Islands like these have a tendency and specialty to fruiter drinks like this. And they are definitely sweeter and more tasteful than a lot of options have to offer. Wines aren't as much of a pain to down either, though just know that some could be quite so bitter." She was wiping her mouth as she spoke, fixing herself back up again.

" Chances are yer smelling....vodka, though tequila hardly fells far off either.....Those aren't me preferences per se, but if ya find yer in need to get particular hammered.....then those make excellent choices." She grabbed her new glass as she spoke, sipping at her drink in between her words. She was washing away the taste of her last drink with this one and it pleased her to enjoy something tastier.

Lumikki, eyeing the Demi-God and where he pointed, glanced at his selection. With a shrug, she then gestured to the bartender to make it two. Wine had a tendency of getting one drunk faster than a mixed drink could and she liked that about them.

" Aye, yer meant to explore in times like that. Not all care to see much past their home, mind ya, but seems ya do. How do ye come and go to places anyways Osmond? I feel I've always had me wings as I usually fly about everywhere."

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#23Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:31 pm

Saturn
The laughter that came with him inhaling his drink made him grin somewhat foolishly. Hearing the name of the drink also made him wonder who came up with this stuff but he had to admit that it was definitely his style. He’d lean on the bar a little bit and let out a soft hum again; though this one didn’t have that influx of energy it was still cheery and peppy.

There’s many drinks that I think I would like if they’re fruity. I like the taste of this… Peena Coleada?

He struggle with the unfamiliar word, like a child just learning how to say firetruck for the first time without replacing half a dozen letters. Her explanation of what he might be smelling intrigued him. Vodka and Tequila? He had no idea what that meant. They must have been stronger and eventually he’d shake his head slightly.

I couldn’t see me drinking stuff like that to just get… hammered? Hammered. What does that mean?

Confusion was evident on his face and he’d look to her; he was beyond confused in regards to a lot of things and this was one of them. With her ordering two the demi-god would have his own glass of the stuff and he’d try it with a cautious sip. It was surprisingly strong but had a nice fruity fore and aftertaste. Not as strong as your typical wine though; he seemed to just go for stuff that smelled fruity.

I could maybe see myself settling down in a place like this; but I can’t see myself just… staying here to start with. How do I come and go? Uh. Well so far I’ve been walking places, sometimes boat. There was that airship that one time but it crashed and I had to help people get off of it.

Saturn rubbed at his neck awkwardly; he just traveled like the usual folks did. He eventually leaned back to look out of the bar they were in. There was that one case of a wyvern following him for half a continent before he got to the ship…

Though when I first came to earthland there was this huge beam of light and musical energy that put me here. That’d be cool to travel like that.

Saturn didnt’ seem like he was too bothered by the drink or that he was even remotely affected by the various bits of alcohol. He must have been made of sterner stuff. It did seem to be making him a little chattier, a little warmer and a little friendlier.

"Getting around with those wings all the time must be very nice, I practiced a little bit and all I ended up being able to do was make my back glow grey."

#24Lumikki 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:37 am

Lumikki

Lumi nodded along,” Piña Colada love,” she softly corrected before taking another sip out of her own. She gulped down a mouthful before moving on to his next inquiry. “ Well pup, hammered is just a term one happens to use, mind ye this is one of many kinds of context, but in this case being, to get” drunk. And really, a lot of drunk honestly. But we got to see where ye stand on that before we get there. We got to see if you get tip-moderately drunk before we can see if ye get incredibly drunk…” She went back to gulping down her drink as a reward for trying to explain that all.

Lumikki tapped the bar counter and gestured for the same wine, hoping to get her fill of something much more strong for the rest of the night. Her hands were still cold but she herself felt as though she was warm. ” A flash of light is by far the best route to get around, but I only know a few who could use it. One uses a key, but the other has a magic for here and there spells. Truly I would love such a thing if I could but I fear it would change the kinda song I already am.” The bartender poured her the glass and passed her the wine. She took a sip to realize it was indeed pleasing, taking a bigger one just after.

She looked over to him an tilted her head. Curious of how the light appeared when he tried,” Cute of ye to try pup, but not all us beings have wings like not all of use fins.” A shadow coiled around her waist to prop her up so she could boop his snout. ” Nor all of us could have those lovely noses of yers.” She stayed propped up for a bit, resting her head on her palm. ” Yer needless tall ya know. Makes me feel smaller than I already do. Bad enough fold easily push six feet, but somehow I’ve befriended a mountain.” She sighed deeply as she returned to her seat.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#25Saturn 

Drinking Deep [Lumikki] Empty Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:40 pm

Saturn
Piña Colada…

He’d stumble a few times on the drinks name and eventually would manage to say it correctly the last time. He was still learning languages and pronunciation on some words were very far away from him. The explanation as to what being hammered meant initially went over his head and you could see it clearer on his face than the water just a little bit off of shore.

So what does… getting hammered and drunk do for people?

Saturn would ask; not seeming to understand the implications. Yet here he was ordering wine and asking things that made the bartender look at him a second time before just handing him what he asked for. Saturn looked down at his hands as he thought about the bright flash of light that had brought him to earthland; really just brought him into being. Doing something like that again would be… interesting to say the least.

I know some people that could move from one place to the next in a blink of an eye; an instant away from everything if they so wished. I don’t envy them as they seem… stressed. But I do worry for them. Don’t change your song Aurora. It’s a nice one.

Saturn would sip at his drink; turning his head as she gave him a bit of a tease regarding the wings. She had a good point there and he would have said something up until she booped him on the snout. Earning a wiggle of said snout and ears; he was already familiar with her scent and could probably pick her out of a crowd if he tried. Though it wasn’t something he really had any reason to do. Seeing her play with shadows in this sense was still very mesmerizing and he’d have a moment where he’d look between her use of that and herself.

It’s stronger the closer I am to things, I’m not sure if it’s part of me or my music to be honest. Is this one of those instances that the librarians talked about… be mindful of what you have and appreciate the things that others can show you or something like that?

Saturn rubbed at his snout thoughtfully, staring at his friend here. The mention of his size earned a small yet endearing chuckle.

I don’t mean to make you feel that way Aurora. I haven’t met someone of my size yet, or someone taller. But when I do… Oh.

He’d note that she was somewhat envious maybe? Or jealous? Whichever one that someone wanted something that someone else had? Or maybe he was reading into it a little too much. He’d reach down slowly to set a hand on her shoulder.

Height isn’t everything Aurora. Besides, you can do many things I can’t. And you could probably save a ‘mountain’ several times over before he could even sneeze. Like earlier.

Saturn would return to his drink, smiling cheerfully. She might think that being short was a problem, but he saw the perks of both heights. He also could see that there was a few things that he could say otherwise but wasn’t sure what to exactly. He’d finish off his glass and get the tender to pour him another drink. He still seemed… fine? Mostly? A little bit of a tint of red under his eyes but there was no slurred speech or him wobbling or… Well he certainly was being honest.

I don’t know what I’d do without a friend like you honestly. You're a good person.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum