Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The first stone cast

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Lumikki 

The first stone cast Empty Wed May 08, 2024 6:17 am

Lumikki

The skies that were so clear and blue just hours before, are now painted white; and the sun that was blazing clearly is now barely showing through all the clouds and snow fall anymore. It almost felt like walking out of existence and into a world of white oblivion. While the aching chill was sinking deep into their bones, only exacerbating the daunting sensation as everything was slowly becoming numb. The only sounds that could be heard was the winds howling and whipping through the air. It kicked off the powdered snow and threw it into their eyes. Blinding them when they already could barely see the nose in front of their faces.

The wanderers were not novices of the tundra, having traveled around most of Iceberg many times throughout all seasons. Yet these were uncharted lands, even for them. And it could not be navigated as carelessly or unprepared. The strong winds of Oddr mountains were enough to freeze your blood. Just an hour of walking could run you the chance of loosing fingers if you weren’t mindful. But there was something important across these lands that made it worth running the risk.

” That’s enough, we part here,” spoke an older man with a gruff voice. It was clear from his expression that he was already growing tired, but his eyes and tone did not show it. After all, it would be Ragnbjorg that lead the front and he would not tire until it was done.” Hallr my boy, could I trust you with the rest?” His question was rhetorical; mere conversational curtesy. He was simply egging on for confirmation before he ventured further and Hallr would promptly offer it. ” Aye, sir— consider it all done. Just be sure to make it there and back.” His voice was low but smooth like river-stones and in his answer, confidence and pride peaked thorough the words. The son had always followed in his father’s footsteps and moments to prove himself were always hungrily accepted. This would be their biggest mission yet, and there was no room for error.

” Eindride my girl, just like I taught you,” remarked the other weathered man. He gave a nod as he spoke and the girl did the same. Then the pair would be off to finish braving the hellish tundra while the rest of the party stayed behind and watch.

” Do you really believe they could pull it off?” Ragnbjorg took the lead while his brother rummaged in his bag, the cold was slowing his hand and fingers but he rejoice when the relic was found and quickly pulled it out. With a deep inhale, Olaf took a moment to let the breath sit; and when he reached the end of his hold, he released it upon a green tiger’s eye gem wrapped around by a serpent. As soon as the breath was done, he rapidly mumbled,” Kaunaz,” activating the trinket. The mundane piece now glowing anew with a warm and orange blaze that spread among the pair and sealing them within its magic.

” Ooooooh I’ve told you the merit of the Logi’s gim,” was all he muttered. It would be a few more minutes pressing further before he finally spoke his answer, as if he wanted his brother to simmer in those thoughts before validating it with a response. ” Brother, I urge ya to not doubt the runes. The message was as clear as ever and it’s not our place to doubt the Gods. All we can do is try and rise to their demands.”

Ragnbjorg grunted from the answer, but there was hardly a thing to say. He knew his brother’s connection to be true, and Olaf rarely steered them wrong before. Besides some hiccups and slight misunderstandings, it would be hard to figure a reason to falter; but Ragnbjorg isn’t a fool either. He’s spent decades watching Olaf reading his runes, at some point he came to an understanding of them as well. So it would be the Ansuz in Markstave that toils him. Still, the work must be done and so the brothers press on. Only hoping their children and grandchild could embark on their tasks and complete them.

” I wonder of the nature of this Frost Jötunn were tempting. Not to question Fjǫlsviðr, just don’t see what’s so important about the lass.’ Ragnbjorg was simply voicing his thoughts, hoping to learn more about their venture thought idle talk. He didn’t like exposing his mind to the younger ones, instead remaining steadfast to avoid any discourse; but his brother was often made privy to his passing thoughts.

” It’s simple brother, it’s just beneficial to have a friend in all the realms.” At least that would be his guess, Olaf didn’t really give it much thought. Ragnbjorg was the more pragmatic one while Olaf was content simply accepting the fate written for him. There was comfort in the known and he relished in it.

The first stone cast Img_0212

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum