Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Time To Chill

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Lumikki 

A Time To Chill Empty Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:48 am

Lumikki

Lumikki Omena was called over to the guild's kitchen in need of a favor. Seems the magic item that usually kept the food cold had worn down. They had doubted Brone could be convinced to stand within the kitchen for hours wearing his frigid helmet, so that the food may remain cold in his atmospheric chill. So they settled for his niece. The new resident as of late, who fortunately, knew some frost magic.

Lumikki happily answered the call, of course expecting an offering in turn. She would help charge the magic of the item, and for any time it would wear out in the future, if they made her favorite snack. Ice cream! She agreed to the task if they would often churn her ice cream to enjoy. A mild price to pay for the convenience of the frost mage's magic.

And so there she was, in another of her oversized shirts and a pair of slippers. Her hair in messy buns the shape of horns. Hard at work pouring her mana into the item. Infusing it with her intention to chill once more. All the food they needed to take out sat a top the counter. Being kept cold from Lumikki's natural cold aura as she toiled away. The kitchen staff were greatly relived to have an already frigid resident to call. Put her already spontaneous flash freezes to use; and Lumikki was also just glad to give back to the guild best she could. Uncle Brone and Gnicolas had already been pounding on her, trying to drill a sense of responsibility within the little frost mage. This would have to do, she thought.

#2Tamás Horvath 

A Time To Chill Empty Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:20 am

Tamás Horvath
Tamas was done training for the day, so he made his way to the kitchen area to get a refreshing drink and perhaps a good meal. So upon his arrival to the kitchen, there was a huge contrast between the current two occupants of the kitchen. A small daemon girl who was in very casual clothes you'd find at home. Like oversized shirt and slippers with messy hair. And then you had Tamas the tall human who was essentially a large and toweing tin can considering he was fully armoured head to toe.

He noticed the girl who was doing her due dilligance and freezing the fridge unit.
"Greetings. Is that thing currently not working?" he asked her, with his deep and rather neutral sounding voice. Not expressing too much emotion. Which was possibly another contrast between the two.

Now though, Tamas wondered if it was even possible to get a cool drink or not. Or would he have to settle for tap water. Though was that chill enough for him? While he did glance at the girl, he did consider then asking her. But he didnt want to interrupt her from whatever she was doing

#3Lumikki 

A Time To Chill Empty Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:01 am

Lumikki

Lumikki took a pause from her task, wiping the non existent sweat off her brow as she looked over to the dead voiced man. Well, she couldn't quite look over, her eyes were met with a wall of metal. Least that was she thought at first before nearly breaking her neck to look up. Only to perceive what she could possibly describe to be a metal contraption. She blinked really hard as she took the time to process her companion here, leaving off with a deep scowl of disgust as she realized it was just some tall man in armor. She went to look back at her work, the chill in the kitchen increasing from her annoyance.

What an abhorrent creature she thought. How come she was finding so many tall beings to exist. Back home, she would be considered fairly tall if not average size. Now, well she's rethinking that sentiment. She paused for a moment as she continued her task, but was struck with a memory of one of her Uncle's infernal lectures. She looked toward the man once more settling on eyeing his chest; a much more tolerable angle for her eyes.

"Oh, it ain't but that's what I'm here for. Doing a favor for the kitchen cause I'm honorable," Lumikki began to say before bring her voice to a slight whisper," and cause I bargained for ice cream of course." She began to giggle maniacally as she was wrapping up her mission. Finishing the last bit of the enchantments before standing up properly and looking back at the man.

"What does a metal golem want from the kitchen anyway?" She asked genuinely confused. Or at least that was how it appeared as she was teasing her guest.

#4Tamás Horvath 

A Time To Chill Empty Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:55 am

Tamás Horvath
The small one spoke and explained how the refrigirator unit did not work, hence why she was here. To use her magic to make it active. He could tell by her initial expression that she might have a disdain for the taller people and it looked like she had to crack her neck a lot to look where his eyes are. He considered picking her up and raise her to his eye level, but ultimately decided against it. He let her be so she can explain things.

The reasoning why she helped was because she wanted ice cream. How cute of her. She had a bit of that what would be the world... childish persona? No, not quite, she was clearly no child. She had a mischevious aura around her. Yeah, that seemed more appropriate with the way she giggled. He still found it childlishly adorable

When she finished some enchantments, she stood up and asked him what was he doing him. Calling him a metal golem. Truthfully, he did not want to correct her. Instead he amused her idea.
"I seek sustenance. Some food and a cold drink after some training." he explained his reasoning for being here

#5Lumikki 

A Time To Chill Empty Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:44 am

Lumikki

"Ho ho ho," Lumikki began her playful chuckle at the golem's desire. It was then she felt the vibration from her gut rumbling. Luckily it hardly made a sound but seems she was hungry too. The mountainous man served to be helpful at least, casting a large shadow above her. And so Lumikki began to slurp up the shadows like black ribbons in her mouth. A lot hung from out her lips as she sloppily enjoyed her meal at her companions expense.

"I'm not sure bout a hot meal. The cooks said they'd be gone least and hour and that was 30 minutes ago. Now for the drinks, well there's plenty around. I could even chill it for ya if you could tell me a funny joke." Lumikki narrowed her eyes as she was filled with glee, curious of the reactions she could reap from her newly acquainted golem.

She walked over to the counter where the food sat and found her way to the drinks. Pouring a tall glass of water infused with cucumbers and frosting the cup as she did. She put it to the side as the attempted to sit on the counter herself, making it on her third try. Honestly, she wondered, does all the furniture have to cater to the tall folk too. She grumbled as shifted to a sitting position and wondered if it would behoove her to grow forever wings.

When she finally settled she looked at her company once more. The seat was partly planed to elevate her enough to see him comfortably. She could finally look over his armor in peace. Though she didn't care for how much she had to take in, she did like the armor's design. Growing up with a family of blacksmithing dwarves instilled an appreciation to finely crafted things. The armor was simple but well made.

Clenching her hand she stuffed half of the dark in her mouth while handing some over to her new friend. Waiting for the joke he would come up with to please her request.

#6Tamás Horvath 

A Time To Chill Empty Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:36 pm

Tamás Horvath
She spoke how the cooks were gone for an hour. But that was half an hour ago. Though in regards to drinks, she said she could cool his if he tells her a funny joke. He thought for a moment and thus he was silent. He was not a man of jokes. Usually too serious for those. But he figured he could improvise one. Well.. hmm... he looked at his surroundings.

Lets see, hmm. Maybe this one can do
"What do you call a knight who is willing to be hired? You can call him a freelancer"
or in case that doesnt work, maybe a food based joke
"What is the name of the cheese that protects a castle from enemies?" he gives her a moment to answer, and make a guess. And then giving the answer "The name of the cheese is moatzarella"

"There 2 for 1. And I dont joke usually." he said as he then decided to search the cabins for food since he couldnt wait for the cooks. He found some bread and figured thats enough of food for him

#7Lumikki 

A Time To Chill Empty Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:12 pm

Lumikki

Lumikki hated it but she chuckled lightly at the first joke, she didn't care for the second one though. It was too much of a stretch. She pushed the glass in the armor's direction. Finding her new form of entertainment in be seeing the golem consume.

That was until she saw him reach for bread, satisfied with his prospect. Lumikki bolted herself off the counter and reached for his hand. Sadly having to tiptoe to get a good grasp of his arm before beginning her grumblings.

"Bread isn't a meal ya know. Hardly filling either," she said grumbling while pouting profusely. She looked around to see what would make a better lunch. She settled on making pasta since it was quick enough and easy. Much better than measly bread. So she got to work boiling the water and simmering the sauce as she chopped vegetables to add so it wasn't excruciatingly plain.  Satisfied with her additions as she mix it all together and dumped a lot of cheese.

"Cheese makes a terrible defense but it's most needed in pasta. The more you can get away with melting, the better!," she said proudly as she divided her glob between two plates and handed one to her golem friend's hip. Refusing to raise it any higher for the titan.

After which she returned to the counter to pour herself some juice and rechill the golem's glass. Bringing them with her as she gestured for the dining hall's tables. "Grab mine and let's eat. Darkness is tasty but pasta's more satisfying. After we eat," Lumikki stopped mid-step and turned back to the giant, she looked around for ravens before continuing in a whisper, "When they cleared out the magical item they emptied the top where Uncle Brone stashes his ice cream sundaes. With fudge! Yea so I tucked some to the side before I started working, we could split it." She said this while her eyes never ceased to dart around in case any spy happened to flap in. Good thing Lumikki thought, ravens aren't nearly as sneaky as owls are.

She began walking again to the table with a smug look on her face. Plopping herself in her seat before slamming the cups down and sliding the tree his.

#8Tamás Horvath 

A Time To Chill Empty Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:14 am

Tamás Horvath
"I am glad you enjoyed it, for it is the last joke I will ever say" he admitted. He was not the type to crack jokes and be a comedian. Making people laugh was not something he did

When he searched for cabins, he found some bread and decided that was enough for him. But soon his miniature companion decided that bread was not enough. He did notice her reaching out to him. He looked down to her and shrugged before nodding
"Very well" he spoke.

He settled on letting her have her way and making a meal for him. He decided to go to sit to a table. Soon enough she would finish the meal and hand him his plate
"Thank you"

He proceeded to take off his gauntlets and place them away. Thats where she'd be able to finally see his mint green coloured guild mark that was at the back of his hand. He took her cold glass and placed it on the table where his plate was. Though he curiously watched her when she said something like 'after that'. He gazed at her as she looked for ravens. She whispered about ice cream with fudge and even offered to split it. She was adorable. If he didnt know any better, he'd say she's a child. But he knew better that she was just a small person based on her physique.

He chuckled a bit
"Very well. I accept your offer" he said.
Soon he turned away from her to take off his helm, so he can eat here since this change of plans happened.

#9Lumikki 

A Time To Chill Empty Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:57 am

Lumikki

Again this possessed armor spoke in his dead pan voice. Denoting a lack of life and vibrancy. It was almost apathetic and devoid of all joy. One could say it could even kill a baby's smile or make a raging and blazing flame lose all passion as it burned. Lumikki mulled this over as she processed that this too was a member of Paradise Dawn. Her eyes narrowing as she took it all in. Nodding at the realization that he truly meant it when he said that it would be the last joke he ever told.

Lumikki, the harbinger of ice and cold. Sovereign of dark and shadows. Created in this world to smother the warmth and light of the realm forcing life to slumber in oblivion once more; but now she wonders if he does it better.

After she cycled through her thoughts nodding as she did, she realized he was growing on her. She was excited to see all his future reactions as she pestered him.

"Ye know for a haunted suit of titan armor you aren't so bad," Lumikki said before she realized the moment was here. He was finally beginning to unhelm himself and the anticipation was becoming palatable. She leaned over the table with her arms outstretched to hold her torso up. Moving closer to get a good view and tilting her head as she got readied.

#10Tamás Horvath 

A Time To Chill Empty Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:48 am

Tamás Horvath
When she told him that for a suit of armour he wasnt so bad. He replied "Heh, for an icy daemoness, you are not so bad either"
Soon enough he went on to remove his helm. Once removing, he placed the helm elsewhere, so he may eat in peace.

He moved his black, shoulder length hair out his face so he can properly see and eat. And soon enough he'd notice the little gremlin staring at him.
"Yes?"
She'd be able to see him. He has light coloured eyes. Maybe pale grey colour. If eyes were a window to ones soul, she'd see theres not much life in those eyes. They just looked emotionless or tired or drained of life. He had a battle scar of his face and his skin was rather pale. Evident that he was usually armoured a lot. Suggesting that perhaps many people do not see his face.

Tamas wasnt sure why she was so eager to approach him like so. Granted he did know she called him haunted suit of armour, so perhaps she didnt expect a human. Though honestly he never bothered to correct her. He didnt mind being a haunted suit of armour.

#11Lumikki 

A Time To Chill Empty Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:35 am

Lumikki

When her companion finally revealed his face, Lumikki was quite pleased. She didn't expect the long hair, but it suited him nicely. His dead lifeless eyes a pleasant touch to what she usually sees around here. Denoting his probable lack of a soul. His pale skin even reminded her of home. She sighed with satisfaction and leaned back in her chair. Meeting a golem in person at the kitchen of places made this a fun day.

"Icy daemoness ya say? Actually I think I like that. It has a nice ring to it. More snazzy than Brone's niece." She chuckled to herself as she began to dig into her meal, getting a few bites in before asking the man what he thought of it. "Titan..." She began before remembering she doesn't know his actual name. Especially after he gifted her a nice nickname for her prior comment. "Aye Titan, what's ya name? And do ya like the meal, I think I really out did myself here?"

#12Tamás Horvath 

A Time To Chill Empty Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:36 am

Tamás Horvath
Truthfully he didnt expect her to like his appearance. While she didnt comment on his appearance, he could tell by her appearance and her little sigh of satisfaction. Quite unexpected. But he chose not to comment on it as to not open any strange subject. Perhaps he should just focus on the meal?

As they spoke, she said that for a suit of armour he aint so bad. And he replied in the same manner saying that she's not so bad for an icy daemoness. And it seems she liked that little impromptu nickname. She thinks thats more snazzy than Brone's niece
"I believe that everyone should stand on their two feet and not just be someones shadow. I have not interacted with Brone and I am sure he is a good guy. But I do not let someones reputation dictate my behaviour towards them or anyone surrounding them" he explained
Its also why he didnt budge much with Yuurei, despite him being well known and such. Tamas didnt fangirl over him or just treat him like a god. But just like a person, an equal.

Same way with his current kitchen companion. He didnt see her as someone of 'lower stature' than him. Both physically and metaphorically. She was a fellow guild member so an equal to him. So unless she really messes up an interaction and loses his respect, there is no reason why he should treat her as a lesser. One would really need to fumble things up to do that. But usually its the cowards he hates. Or pacifists. Those 2 are the worst. As a warrior who loves a fight, he cant stand those who do not fight for themselves or others.

He decided to finally eat a bit of the meal, until she spoke again after a few bites. She called him Titan?
Anywho she asked his name and what he thought of her meal
"First of all. The meal is very good. Secondly. My name is Tamas Horvath" he says and offers her his hand for a handshake.
"What is your name?" he asked

#13Lumikki 

A Time To Chill Empty Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:59 am

Lumikki

“I think you’ll like Uncle. He’s not the type to be bloated either. Looking after the small folk and all. Could even bang out a new piece or two for that armor of yours.” Lumikki took a swig of her juice.

“Tamas you say, sound name,” she said as she reached her hand and took in his. Slightly grimacing at how small her hands are in comparison. She was surprised when she realized his pale hand was not nearly as cold as she thought. Actually quite warm indeed. She looked astonished as she realized there were indeed actual signs of life in him. So it seems he wasn’t a reanimated corpse. For the best, she pondered, sure she could keep the cold but what would she do of the smell. Least there’s no worry for rotting away she thought as she shoved another fork full in her mouth. Drowning it down with another gulp of juice.

“Names Lumikki Omena of the Fjallgard.”

#14Tamás Horvath 

A Time To Chill Empty Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:13 pm

Tamás Horvath
"Interesting" was all he said before he took a swig of his cool drink. As they shook hands, in regards to his name she says it is a rather sound one. Which is nice of her.
As they shook hands, he made sure not to like crush her hand. But did give a decent like squeeze to make sure he was holding a proper handshake. Because one could tell about a person in regards how they shake hands. Like slimy and untrustworthy people gave very limp handshakes. Confident and trustworthy folk gave a good and hearty handshake. Like him.

She looked surprised for some reason, although he couldnt even fathom what did he do this time to earn the expression. He assumed it must be the compliment on the meal she made. But in reality she had completely different thoughts.

Anywho he focused on her words. She introduced herself. And she went the extra step and said her place of origin. It sounded of Iceberg origin. But he was very not familiar with that country of culture. But sound wise, it sounded very icebergian
"Pleased to meet you, Lumikki" he spoke and gave her a nod, before continuing with his meal

#15Lumikki 

A Time To Chill Empty Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:14 pm

Lumikki

“Aaaah, not a lot of words out of ya huh? Fair nuff, Uncle ain’t a chatty one either. Tells good stories though. A man with armor like yours must have some too. Tell me, what’s got you here anyways? Any interesting tales?” Lumikki said before sliding the rest of the food on her plate into her mouth and stuffing her cheeks. Barely containing it all as she sloppily chewed. She couldn’t speak for the moment as she tried her best. Wiping her lips of the mess.

All through out she had looked at him eagerly. With a sense of sparkles in her eyes as she anticipated what he would say. He was a man of very few words and she was a Daemon that loved stories. A Titian like him should have some amazing and daring ones. Maybe even one that even inspired her like those of Benimaru, a companion of her Uncle, has.

A Time To Chill Img_0212

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#16Tamás Horvath 

A Time To Chill Empty Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:54 pm

Tamás Horvath
Indeed, he wasnt chatty. Speak unless spoken to. Althogh if you do earn his complete trust and friendship, one might find a completely different side of him. But that is only after a long time of trust, companionship in battle and cammaraderie.
But now, it seemed that young Lumikki wanted to hear his tales behind his armour and ventures.

He enjoyed his meal and the two soon finished it off. But considering he finished his meal, that would mean it is his time to leave. Although he wanted to see if he can help her with the dishes. Although the sparkle in her eyes suggested she wanted a story.
"I joined this guild because I wanted to earn some experience and see what was it like. I wanted to learn what is it like to be a guild member and see how a guild master leads his guild. Getting stronger is a bonus. But what got you to join this guild. Considering you speak highly about your uncle, I imagine he got you into this? Or perhaps did you want to join for some reason?"

As much as she wanted to learn about him. He wanted to learn about her. But her energetic young spirit got to ask more questions than he got to. She was young and speedier with her vocabulary

#17Lumikki 

A Time To Chill Empty Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:13 am

Lumikki

Lumikki finished off the last of her drink before she began responding once more. "Actually, I never considered joining a guild. When I set out for this place, I didn't even know my Uncle would be there. My ma kinda pushed me out of the house cause she was worried. Prob expected Uncle to babysit me or something, help me out of a rut." Lumikki finished off her statement kinda blank in her eyes herself, looking away from Tamas soon after.

Before the gloom was allowed to sit in, Lumikki started up again in a burst of energy."Dessert time! We should hurry before anyone notices." She grabbed her dishes and skipped back toward the kitchen. Washing them up real quick before darting to a box in the back corner of the counter. Pulling the lid to her box revealed a sloppy fudge sundae. It melted slightly before Lumikki refroze it. She grabbed some spoons and tried her hand at sitting on the counter once more. Placing the box on her lap and handing Tamas a spoon.

"I really like it here though. Lots of people, lots to do, and a decent library. Ya'll all my kin now so we'll make lots of stories. Let's destroy all the weak and troublesome villains together."

Last edited by Lumikki on Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

#18Tamás Horvath 

A Time To Chill Empty Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:33 am

Tamás Horvath
He forgot she mentioned dessert before. But considering she invited him for the dessert, he didnt mind staying. Especially since it would probably be rude to her.

She took the ice cream and refroze it and soon sat on the counter and handed him a spoon as she had the dessert treat on her lap. As they had the ice cream, the two continued the conversation, with Lumikki saying how she likes being here.
"Hah, true. We will destroy the weak. Dont doubt that one" he replied and continued eating the ice cream. But other than that, he didnt know what to say. Well at least she liked it here. Did he? Well yeah, it was nice here. But he did not meet many people aside from the guild master and his exceed and his... talking hand. And now here he has Lumikki. There were others, but he only heard of others and hasnt met them

#19Lumikki 

A Time To Chill Empty Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:21 pm

Lumikki

Lumikki giggled at his remark and stuffed her mouth with more ice cream. She looked over at her titanous friend as she mashed it in her mouth. When she finally swallowed she spoke once more. "I wasn't sure I'd like you much since you're as tall as a tree, but you are nice to be around. Ya feel like company as solid as stone. Would feel like I'm talking to myself most times, but I think I could manage. I kinda feel we'd do something epic one day. Massive, worthwhile songs and stories. Who knows?"

She finished off some more ice cream until she heard some croaks from outside. Lumikki froze, but a large grin grew on her face. She put the box to the side and pat Tamas on the head before vaulting off the counter. "The spiiiiies are here!" Lumikki giggles louder. She faces Tamas,"I gotta go before they snitch on me!"

And so she bolted from the scene of the crime.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
...............exit...............
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘

#20Tamás Horvath 

A Time To Chill Empty Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:27 pm

Tamás Horvath
He listened to her speak as she also stuffed her mouth with ice cream. He nodded
"Well... if you ever wish to come along on quests. I would love to have you along" he spoke and proceeded to finish eating her ice cream dessert.

She then heard something and set her ice cream aside saying that the spies were here. He did not get what she meant, but he shrugged it off. He returned the leftover ice cream at its place and took back his gear. Ie his gauntlets and helm and he put it on again.
He smiled behind the helm as he watched her leave. Considering he got what he wanted here in the kitchen, a meal and a cold refreshment, he considered this a mission accomplished. And so he also made way to his appartment room place.
Perhaps one day they will quest together and he will see her in action. One day

(The End)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum