Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barrang [Q: Kon]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Kaiser 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:16 am

Kaiser

Kaiser wasn’t fond of being idle for too long. She liked keeping herself busy by either taking on some jobs, or learning more about her magic, and possibly coming up with and training spells for it. Astera was a town that was hard to navigate. She found out about an old wizard living in the northern part of town which wasn’t somewhere people normally went to so it was deserted most of the time, except for those who were hiding or something. She decided to pay the wizard a visit because she was told he practised a magic similar to hers.

The magicab she hired only took her so far. The driver wouldn’t drive further because of some stupid rumor going around about a monster terrorizing the area that Kaiser was about to enter. What a dumbass. “Fine then,” she said, paying him less than the amount they agreed on in the beginning. “Scaredy cat.” The cab driver didn’t complain about not getting the full payment. Instead, he quickly shoved away the cash and hurried back the way the came from. She was still very annoyed by how he was so scared of what was supposed to be a rumor.

Dropping off in front of a row of deserted homes, she looked around to see if there was a single soul available to show her to her destination. Unfortunately, not one person was in sight. Maybe they were hiding, or there really was no one here. Or, like the rumors, the beast had eaten everyone. With little hope of finding the wizard now, Kaiser walked on, looking around for even a road sign to lead her somewhere.

﹙277 / 4,000﹚

Barrang [Q: Kon] Sigbys10

m a t r i a r c h y
#2Kon 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:01 am

Kon

It had been a trying week with Kon having been involved with his third demonic incursion. The decisions he had made during the event had troubled him severely, his decision to flee from the forefront weighed on him heavily as it resulted in the deaths of just under a hundred citizens and mass damage to Astera’s pier. Even the citizens within Astera seemed to be eyeing him off as some sort of coward even though he was instrumental in killing the demon in the end. But people always wanted someone to blame. For now however Kon would set to work on ensuring that no other evil creature remained within the area. And that was just what he had been doing for the past few days hearing rumors from the civilians who still spoke to him about a monster in the area. Whether it had been there as a result of the incursion or it was merely a coincidence it mattered little all that did was that the monster was slain to ensure that it would not be able to hurt anyone or damage anything and thus setting back the people of Astera further.

The rumors lead the former Holy Knight to an isolated and deserted part of town, it was eerie lacking any signs of life. At least that seemed to be the case until he turned the corner and came face to face with a brunette who was fairly powerful, halting immediately he raised up a hand and spoke to the young woman. “Hey there, Monster Hunting as well?”

260/4000

#3Kaiser 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:29 am

Kaiser

Nothing. There was nothing at all in this lifeless part of Astera and it was starting to piss her off. Kaiser was already feeling miserable, but she wasn’t giving up just yet. She went from door to door, hoping to find some form of life even though it was evident from the look of the houses that every one of them had been deserted. So where the fuck was she supposed to find the damn wizard!? Was this some kind of joke? A prank? Deep breaths, deep breaths. Calm. Kaiser was pretty close to just turning and walking back to the inn she was staying at, when she ran into a tall-ish man who asked her if she was monster hunting.

“Oh not again!” she screamed in frustration. “Why is everyone so obsessed with monsters today? I swear...I’m going to squash whatever ‘monster’ y’all are so scared of. Ugh! I can’t believe it.” Massaging her temples as though the situation has stressed her out. Then a thought popped into her head. “Where is it then? Where is the monster? Let’s go find it, yeah? Let’s go kill it, so we can all be at peace, and I don’t have to deal with this shit anymore.” She rolled up the paper she wrote down all the information she gathered about the old wizard to look for him. If this monster really did exist, then she could not help but think that the wizard had already been digested in its monstrous bowels and turned to feces.

﹙532 / 4,000﹚

m a t r i a r c h y
#4Kon 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:42 am

Kon

The response he got from the woman was completely unexpected and uncalled for from his perspective. She was aware of the rumors but had been making light of them, even suggesting they merely just go out and squash it, even making light of the entire demonic incursion incident by lumping this monster in with the others. On the flip side in comparison to another he met in Astera at least she was acknowledging their presence. She even went as far as to suggest that they paired up and took on the monster together. Kon was hesitant on the idea, working with others was never something he was good at and given the demeanour of this girl he wondered whether he would be able to do so. The two seemed radically different even from the first response, but he likely would have to go along with the suggestion as this woman may just try and fight the monster by herself. She might be able to defeat it but Kon didn’t want to be burdened with more death in case she failed.

And so, sighing reluctantly and rubbing the bridge of his nose, kon caved. “Alright, fine just be careful, you’re strong I get it but I’ve heard that the monster is also pretty strong.” Collecting his bow from his back with his left hand, he motioned to the girl. “Well, let’s go.”

496/4000

#5Kaiser 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:43 am

Kaiser

Kaiser blinked upon hearing the man agree with her, but quickly gave him a firm nod, a dissatisfied frown etched in her brows as if to keep up her ‘annoyed’ attitude. “How would you know, anyway? Whether I’m strong or not?” she asked, raising a single brow at him. She began to lead the way, in the direction that would take them further from the town center, away from the hubbub and closer to where danger resided. She didn’t know where they were going to find the monster, but according to the information she had gathered thus far, no one did anyway. They would have to pray that they stumbled upon the beast and not the other way around. Now that she was actually ‘hunting’ the creature, it started to feel real. The rumors. She could feel it.

Spotting the unnecessarily glossy weapon that the male brought out, she rolled her eyes. “Fancy,” she muttered under her breath. With her hands loosely dangling at her sides, she kept moving with all her senses perked up to pick up on anything unusual. “The name’s Kaiser, by the way. You can call me Cherry if you prefer that. I don’t have a shiny weapon like you but I’ve got my strength to depend on. I’ll probably pick up a stick or something along the way,” she said with a nonchalant shrug.

﹙761 / 4,000﹚

m a t r i a r c h y
#6Kon 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:10 am

Kon

Kon mentally kicked himself as the young lady questioned him on how he could tell she was strong. “Damn, I shouldn’t have said it that way.” He scowling himself mentally. Wanting to be transparent and seeing no real need to hide anything, Kon merely rose a finger and pointed it towards his golden globe forcibly lodged in his empty eye-socket. “This prosthetic allows me to see a whole lot of things most people can not.” Wanting to show just how much it could do he continued. “For example, I know you’re a light mage with fairly good physical and magical abilities.” Dropping his free hand further down to his chin, he rubbed it a bit while he eyed the woman further as she began to walk off with Kon following in toe before the distance became too great. Wielding the bow in her presence seemed to have sparked something, with her muttering something under her breathe which he couldn’t hear. “Pardon?” He asked, only to be given a name then another name and a jab towards his bow. Rather then taking offense, Kon took it in his stride and merely replied. “It’s nice to meet you, Cherry, I’m Konstantin, however, most people call me Kon, it’s a lot easier, as for using a stick I hardly think that’ll be needed…” At least that’s what he hoped as if they were resorting to just using debris things were worse than dear. Where they were going exactly kon didn't know but it didn't really matter as if things got truly desperate he'd either be able to defeat whatever faced him or flee.

778/4000

#7Kaiser 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:11 am

Kaiser

When he explained how he could tell that she was a light mage and everything, Kaiser blinked, acting as if she was amazed by his crazy eyeball powers. She knew that enchanted objects existed in this world and of course she got used to getting surprised by what they could do. “Sternenlicht. It’s stardust, I don’t call it ‘light’,” she told him. The name was in Boscan and the word literally meant ‘stardust’ in the language. She knew Kon wasn’t going to understand that. “And you’re wrong. I don’t know shit about my magic, I’m actually still trying to figure it out. Which is why we’re gonna have to rely on that fancy bow of yours if we do run into any monsters.” At this point, Kon could probably notice her accent. It usually gets stronger when she feels strong about what she’s saying, not that she was feeling strong about not being able to do much with her magic yet.

“Kon? Like...a con artist,” she said. They were walking further away from the town center, and if she wasn’t with company she would have turned back because nothing exciting was going on and there was no sign of anything like a beast anywhere. When she heard him say that using a stick wasn’t going to be necessary, she scoffed. “Right...we’ll see,” she said. Some time had passed since she got here, so she was starting to feel a bit hungry. She couldn’t help but imagine a basket full of fried chicken. Maybe they could cut up the monster and cook its meat or something. At this point she was starting to feel even hungrier after imagining food in her head. She was even thinking of eating the monster. If there was one, of course.

﹙1,058 / 4,000﹚

m a t r i a r c h y
#8Kon 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:44 pm

Kon

A scowl formed on the Black haired mage as Kaiser revealed the name of her magic something distinctly identifiable as originating from Bosco, it was this and her accent that lead him to the realization that she had either come directly from there or her family were. Wanting to learn more about her origins, Kon branched out further into her magic and towards their shared culture. “So are you from Bosco?, I couldn’t help but notice your accent, your magic all tell tale signs of being from that uhh influential country.” His choice to describe the country was used carefully as he didn’t know what her allegiances were to or if she had any to begin with. Her mannerisms, tone even her nonchalant behaviour suggested that she held none but all the same, one could never be too careful. It seemed however that the girl while knowing her magics name was apparently incapable of using it or that she was “still figuring it out.” It was odd for someone with her power to have little to no talent with their magic had something similar to kon occur with her in that she lost her ability or forgot how to use it and was merely too pride to say otherwise. For now however, she remained unconcerned with her opting to have them both rely on his stormcaller. “Why did she place so much emphasis towards it?” He thought to himself, “Had she seen him in the conflict between the lesser demon?”

Whether she had not not didn’t matter as while she was quite powerful, he’s own strength doubled her own even tripled in some areas. But all the same underestimating an opponent was an easy way to get a dagger in your back, and yet he didn’t sense that from her merely just someone who was both impatient and in a hurry at the same time to do something else more important. For Kon killing the monster and purging any traces of it was his own priority. Evidently wanting to keep the conversation a bit lighter, a jab was made towards Konstantin’s nickname with him merely responding. “Yep, exactly like Con.” Interacting with Kaiser was something that while not uncomfortable just wasn’t what he was used to. There was something he couldn’t put his finger on. For now however Kon’s thoughts were halted as he walked idly behind Kaiser as the area around them grew far darker than before.

1,195/4,000

#9Kaiser 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:35 am

Kaiser

Kaiser was taken by surprise when Kon was able to tell which country she was from, just by hearing her accent. He must have either met people who were from Bosco, or had traveled enough to recognize accents, even though to be honest her accent was a mix of Boscosi and Joyan, so it was harder for people to tell where she was from. It was like an alien accent, in all honesty. “Wow, you’ve really impressed me with that. I haven’t met a single person who could tell where I came from, until today of course. Where are you from, anyway?” she asked. His fluency in speaking Fiorian suggested that he was pure Fiorian, but she could never be too sure about things like that. She was the perfect example. Though it was true that she originated from Bosco, she spent most of her childhood, and the beginning of her teenage years in Joya. Her mother was Joyan, and her father was Boscosi. She was one of the rarest mixups.

The further they walked, the darker it got, and it almost seemed like a scene out of a horror movie. It wasn’t even evening yet, but these parts seemed to be unusually cloudy, like it was about to rain really hard. The sky was filled with rain clouds at this point. “Damn, if it’s going to pour we’re in trouble,” she muttered, mostly to herself. She didn’t bring an umbrella and she was pretty sure Kon didn’t either. They were going to get soaked because looking at the size and darkness of the rain clouds, she could tell it was going to pour, it was going to pour. There weren’t any places they could run to for shelter around these parts of Astera. Were they even in Astera anymore at this point? Because they were going too far from town, she wasn’t even sure anymore. “We gotta be careful, Kon,” she told her new friend who seemed pretty carefree about the whole situation, or so she thought.

﹙1,396 / 4,000﹚

m a t r i a r c h y
#10Kon 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:12 am

Kon

His educated guess had been correct with her revealing that she did, in fact, come from Bosco. Given her prominent accent it seemed like him that she had come to Fiore only fairly recently. Curious about his own origins, Kaiser questioned him on his own upbringing. His Boscoi childhood and nationality were somewhat of a sore sport for Konstantin, however, he didn’t lie nor sway away from the question. Coughing somewhat and drawing back his native accent, Kon replied. “I am Bosco myself, I couldn’t help but notice, honestly your accent would only be something identifiable by a Boscoi but you do seem to have a trace of something neither Boscoi or Fiorian.” Kon continued to explain himself. “I came to Fiore four or five years ago due to familial issues and was forced to blend into the rest of society, lose the distinctive accent and adopt the Fiorian culture.”

The weather meanwhile seemed to be a significant issue with the girl, The worst that could happen was rain, lightning he could easily manipulate. Kon, himself was dressed in a thick water-resistant fur coat so any rain would be minimum. Kaiser was lacking such attire and so her comments would have been more appropriate to say, she was in trouble. Refraining from correcting her and revealing the strength of his bow, Kon instead replied. “If we get wet, we can always find somewhere warm to dry off, even if we need to spend some time in this desolate place.” Her bravery towards defeating the monster seemed to be wavering as safety was addressed. Why this shift of attitude had occurred he didn’t truly know, even so, he didn’t ignore her concern instead nodded and continued to speak back in his non-Bosco accent. “Of course, We don’t know anything about the monster or even what it looks like.”

1,501/4,000

#11Kaiser 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:46 am

Kaiser

The sudden excitement she experienced was unexplainable, once Kon told her he was from Bosco himself. The excitement died down quite fast as she was reminded of her mediocre life in said country. The accent that came out of nowhere made her burst into a fit of hysterics. “Oh my god, shut up!” she said in Boscan, not actually asking him to shut up, but more so as if she couldn’t believe what she was hearing right now. Even though it had been quite some time since she uttered a single word in the Boscan language, it came back to her easily and naturally. “Well, at least now we can talk behind other people’s backs without them knowing what we’re saying,” she laughed. “The other part of my accent is Joyan. So I’m basically a weird mixup, but to be honest I’m just glad there’s someone I can speak with in Boscan.” It was true. She loved how the words rolled off her tongue. It had been so long.

Just as she thought, Kon was also carefree about the impending weather situation that Kaiser was getting increasingly worried about. It was the problem of her thin-layered array. Of course they would have to run for shelter in the case that it started raining, but she was going to get wet in the process and since her clothes were anything but thick and water resistant, she was going to be a drenched mess. In all honesty, she was simply anxious about getting her whole fashion situation ruined. “Yeah…” she said, in agreement with Kon saying that they knew nothing about the monster. “...duh.” At this rate they were going to leave Astera and enter the town next to it, if there was one. Kaiser started to feel annoyed by how long they had been walking and still there was no sign of anything remotely frightening. That was what monsters and beasts were supposed to be, right? Frightening?

﹙1,722 / 4,000﹚

m a t r i a r c h y
#12Kon 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:57 am

Kon

The change in attitude from the girl was noticeable to say the least, with her now switching completely to Bosco, which while he was fluent in occasionally he would forget the right phrase for something equivalent to what he wanted to say. It sadly was as if he had adapted too well into the Fiorian background that he was losing his bosco heritage. Kon continued to remain silent as she barreled off her own upbring of joyan and Boscoi, an odd but not the most unusual combination he had ever seen, the two countries weren’t really that far away. As they continued much to what would be Kaiser’s disappointment drops began to fall from the sky, initially it was lazily but quickly it was increasing. Their initial plan of going for cover to wait out any potential rain would be extremely short lived as a terrible noise of stone grinding against stone resonated in front of them as a big brute approached the center road lazily wielding a club that dragged against the road leaving deep grooves into the dense rock.

Needing to gain the attention of his fellow boscoi, Kon grabbed at Kaiser’s loose attire and dragged her back his way, with his free hand. Never allowing the monster to leave his gaze as he did so. It was a fairly formidable foe something that he would like to be able to take one without too much trouble, but with the presence of another by his side even as strong as she was, he was in a bit of a bother. Typically he would have just tried to run and gun down his target with his bow while relying on the strength of the storms above him to apply attrition to his opponent but that wouldn’t be possible at least it’s not something he wished to tempt with him having seen firsthand the outcome of the misuse with his bow, crippling his already maimed comrade leaving him blind and armless.

Again not wanting to attract the attention of the monster dangerously close to them but needing her to be on high alert, Kon spoke in a hushed tone just audible over the rain towards his companion. “Careful, we don’t want him to notice us before we are in a position to attack him ourselves.”

1886/4000

#13Kaiser 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:16 am

Kaiser

As they kept moving, the sky began to roar in warning, and at that point, Kaiser already knew that her nightmare was going to turn into reality. Sure enough, a few moments later, droplets of rain fell from the clouds, making her stop in her tracks and feel regret for having come this far even though she already kind of knew it was going to rain. If she had turned back and walked to her inn at the moment she knew she was not going to find her old wizard, she would be in her inn room right now, holding a cup of hot tea and staring out the window at the thunderclouds or something like that.

Then, at the perfect moment, the monster they were looking for showed up like the universe timed it for her worst nightmare. Kaiser did not know what it looked like, but because of what Kon said after dragging her, she was a hundred percent sure now that they were facing a real catastrophe. Both rain and monster combined. “Really!?” was her response to what she just saw, shocked and devastated. The monster held a club like it was his weapon or something. It was a bit funny to her, but the amusement did not show on her now very pale and ghostly face, since thinking about how to get out of this situation alive was significantly more important than wondering why a beast like that held a club wherever it went.

“Oh shit! I forgot to pick up a stick,” she said like it was the end of the world, remembering what she told Kon after seeing his shiny bow and arrow. Kon was evidently anxious after seeing the monster. It seemed to Kaiser is if he was much braver before seeing the real deal, but she was not aware of the fact that he was worried about her.

﹙2,038 / 4,000﹚

m a t r i a r c h y
#14Kon 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Kon

How had the monster managed to sneak up on someone so careful as Konstantin, He should have been able to sense his power even if he didn’t have a mana pool, perhaps it was Kaiser’s and Kon’s own overwhelming strength that had dominated his vision causing it to adjust as to not be blinded by himself and his companion. No matter for now, both he and the woman that stood with her would face the beast now roaring into the skies sending a booming wave of noise towards them sending debris to fly in their general direction before it swung the large club against the ground in front of him sending shards of stone equally towards them. It was like the beast was testing them, tempting them to attack him directly. “Odd” he responded to the Kaiser’s comment. Standing strong towards the beast Kon drifted back to his right leg and drew back the string of his bow as he did so listening to Kaiser over the rain comment about the stick she was going to pick up. “And just how would that have helped” he thought to himself before finally commenting. “Well, you can either find something, use your own fists or distract him while I put enough arrows in him that he’ll stay down.” With a further word or enough time to allow the woman to respond, Kon unleashed a volley of arrows increasing in potency as the beast began to charge him causing the monstrous being howl in pain and develop the appearance of a porcupine.

Even so with all the arrows dealt to him, he still charged forward at the Black-haired former Holy Knight. A mere matter of inches separated the two allowing for Kon to see the long-gone scars that scattered across the body of the beast. It was a devastating sight, it was clear that he was a creature who had been through immense events, this distraction was enough for Kon to miss the last draw allowing the monster to land a powerful swipe with his club sending him into a building and through it’s crumbling walls. His vision faltered as dust and crumbling building matter landed on top of him. His bow now sat lingering in the rain as it left his hand mid-blow, Kon now would be left with but a handful of options, rely on his companion to defeat the beast, retrieve his weapon or fight against a beast significantly bigger than him with naught but his fists.

Spells used: Arrow Shot: D-Rank, C-Rank, B-Rank, A-Rank,
Remaining durability of Barrang: 1x S-Rank, 1x D-Rank

2303/4000

#15Kaiser 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:03 am

Kaiser

It was an unimaginably horrible mess. The monster came out of nowhere. Well, technically it did come out of somewhere, but Kaiser and her friend had been too busy to notice, so it seemed like it came out of nowhere. Kaiser was pale in shock, even the color of blooming roses left from her lips, looking like she saw a ghost. The size of the beast did match what she had imagined before seeing it in reality, though she definitely did not expect it to be this ugly. For the record, this had to be the ugliest looking creature she had ever met in person.

Kon responded to her by giving some ideas on how to be useful in this fight. His golden bow glimmered in the scarce light that the sun provided through the rain clouds. That was the worst thing about this fight. It was raining like a bitch, so she had to squint and wipe her face at least five times a minute. And the monster was roaring like a gigantic subwoofer, only with arms and legs and a huge club that it was swinging towards them.

While Kaiser was combining her two brain cells to come up with a plan to help Kon exterminate the creature, the target had swung its mighty club at Kon, and now he laid somewhere in a pile of construction debris, with his shiny bow no longer in his hands. Before his downfall, Kon had successfully landed a few shots, causing Ugly to scream like a baby and take a few steps back to probably get a better foothold.

Kaiser saw her chance. She couldn’t hear anything other than the thunderous pounding of rain or see more than ten meters in front of her, so she decided to take matters into her own hands. While the beast was kind of taking a moment, she hurried over to where she saw Kon’s weapon fall and quickly took a hold of it. A sudden roar of thunder made her wince, but the bow did not repel her touch. Relieved, she looked around to check the target’s position. It was not hard to spot, because...well because of how big it was. As she was about to start using the weapon, she realised.

“Where are the arrows!?” she squealed, a panic attack coming along with this realisation. ‘Think, bitch,’ she thought to herself. It was a magical bow. How did Kon use it? The whole time they walked together, she never saw him carry a quiver anywhere on his body. Maybe the arrows appeared magically? How…

And in the blink of an eye, she was enlightened with the knowledge on how the weapon was used. Maybe it took a while for the spells to register in her head after touching the bow, but she knew how to handle it now. Another deafening bellow sounded from where the monster was. It only saw one target now since Kon was out of the picture for the time being, and it was Kaiser. She held the bow steadily, drawing the string and watching in amusement as an arrow made completely out of her mana materialize out of thin air. Aiming at the monster, she made sure she got a clean shot before releasing the string, letting the arrow cut through the air and the raindrops, eventually hitting the target and causing it to stagger back.

She wouldn’t wait to watch it happen though. Right after she fired that shot, she would pull at the string again, letting more mana flow into the arrow this time, for a much more powerful shot. She would fire it immediately after charging it, which didn’t take much time anyway. As the arrow was released, thunder would boom frighteningly from the skies. So the beast would hopefully be taken down by two consecutive shots. She was pretty sure there was no way the shots could have missed given the size of the target. She also timed her shots so that it would not coincide with when the beast swung his club. But in the case that they missed, she would have to act upon this result, and put the monster down using other tactics.

Otherwise the starlight wielder would go ahead and look for her partner to check up on him while also looking back every minute to make sure the beast was actually dead, like a paranoid little street rat. The rain was still going hard, but she would find Kon eventually and help him get up and everything, returning his bow at the same time. “I think it’s dead,” she would say, pointing in the direction of the monster. “Do you want to cut its head off or something to make sure it’s really dead?”

﹙2,833 / 4,000﹚

Barrang Constitution: 0 / 2 S-ranks [Defeated]

Mana: 1,525 / 2,050

Spells Used:

m a t r i a r c h y
#16Kon 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:19 am

Kon

An all too familiar taste filled the black-haired mages mouth as he began to rush out from beneath the rubble, he had bitten the side of his tongue while he hit the ground and it was now bleeding profusely leaving his teeth equally coated in the crimson liquid. Kon was surprised, even shocked behind the raw power that the monster was able to strike him with, to be able to wind him was one thing, to send him into a wall another thing entirely. His only hope amidst the conflict was that Kaiser was unharmed as well she was crude in the lightest of senses even seemingly air-headed, Kon was developing a repur with her and to see that being snuffed out would be rather disappointing. Raising to his feet proved harder than he had initially anticipated with him having unknowingly been impaled by the leg of a broken chair ironically in his own right leg, causing him to falter and wince as his calf muscle compressed against the foreign object.

Knowing it was neither a good idea to both walk on the injured leg or remove the piece of shrapnel, Kon opted to fall back to where he lay as the dust settled mixing with the rain to form loose gravel that clung to the sides of the road. Unsure about how severe the damage was, Kon began to bond the object with a piece of tablecloth that was conveniently nearby. Meanwhile, he watched on as Kaiser took up his bow and proceeded to let loose two arrows consecutively halting the monster's movements entirely with it dead. As the monster began to collapse, Kon immediately began to rise up once more using a nearby table for leverage supporting most of his weight on his left leg essentially hopping his way over to his companion.

Reaching the scantily clad lady, Kon was retrieved his stormcaller now wielding it gingerly with one hand as he clung onto his leg with his right hand. “Thanks.” He commented as he took up his weapon once more. Even in the terrible weather and situation, Kaiser still seemed to be willing to poke fun at current events, Kon, on the other hand, was a bit blunter as he responded to her jab. “He’s been fried to bits already, removing his head, well, I mean if you want to do the grunt work, I won’t stop you.” Wincing as he applied a bit of pressure on his wounded leg. “I meanwhile need to get this looked at and unless you can cast healing magic, I’m going to need to see a healer.” The need was more superficial than anything else with Kon likely only needing a few stitches to close up the wound while the healer would be able to resolve any cosmetic issues that came from the medical treatment he sorts out.

2781/4000

#17Kaiser 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:10 am

Kaiser

When she saw Kon’s leg, she was kind of shocked but after noticing that it was not broken, Kaiser released a relieved chuckle. “Damn, it got you hurt. We can’t forgive that!” she yelled like a maniac, breaking the leg of a table nearby and running towards the monster again to violently stab it into its neck, twisting it so that its abnormally dark blood gushed out. It was a gory sight. With a satisfied grin, she stepped over the debris and plucked out a single tooth from its mouth. She had a feeling this would sell for a hefty sum of money on the black market or something. She needed to gather some information on how to do that first though. The rain had not stopped, but reduced to a light drizzle. Kaiser returned to her partner’s side and showed him the tooth. “I’m pretty sure someone will want this. Any ideas?” she asked. She did not really expect him to have any ideas, but if he did, that was cool. Since Kon was going to have a hard time walking with an injured leg, Kaiser helped him walk while also carrying his bow for him because well, he was injured. So they walked back the way they came, since it was a pretty straightforward route. All they had to do was get back to Astera first thing. Once they got closer to the town, they could probably find some magicars to give them a lift. She did have some money with her, and she did not mind paying for the ride. After all, Kon’s weapon was the only reason they were able to defeat the beast. Kaiser would not have had a chance against that thing with just her fists or a stick.

It was muddy and wet and disgusting the whole way back. Kaiser imagined herself having a nice warm bath after this whole ordeal. It would be worth it. As for Kon...well he would have to find a healer like he said, to fix his leg if he wanted it done fast. Thunder rumbled softly in the background, together with the light pitter patter of the rain. The sky was starting to clear, but Kaiser predicted that it was not going to stop raining even after they got back into town. They had covered half of the journey back to where they first met, when she spotted a small house that seemed to have been swallowed whole by a tree. She could see that it was lit from afar, so there had to be someone in there. How did they miss it when they passed it the first time? They were probably too distracted by the monster situation, or the owner of the little house had only just returned. With hopes of getting some shelter and warmth, Kaiser decided to pay a visit. “Come on,” she told Kon, hoping that he would not refuse going there. He would probably want to take a rest too with that injured leg of his. They could continue their journey after a short rest. Walking up to the little establishment, she peered through the small window first to see who or what was inside. Since she could not see anyone, she knocked on the door. It took awhile but eventually an old man with a long beard appeared at the small window to see who was there. Seeing both Kaiser and Kon drenched from head to toe, with Kon limping on one leg while Kaiser helped him do so, was probably the reason he hurriedly opened the door and told them to come in.

After walking into the little house, Kaiser felt like she was forgetting something, which she decided to ignore for the time being. When asked what had happened to the two of them, Kaiser began to explain their situation, as well as how they managed to defeat a monster that was going wild outside of Astera. She did leave out the part about bringing a tooth back to sell it on the black market. She did not know if she could trust this old man or not. He seemed pretty nice though, bringing them both warm drinks to battle the cold. Apparently the old man was a healer, and was willing to heal Kon’s leg a bit just so that he can walk properly since healing it completely would take some time. It was a miracle for Kon. At least he would not have to limp all the way back to Astera in the case that they did not find a magicar so far outside of the town. “Isn’t that wonderful,” said Kaiser, relieved to know that she was not going to have to carry half of Kon’s weight for the rest of the way back. After finishing their drinks, the healer would begin his work on Kon’s leg. Kaiser did not know how Kon felt about letting an old healer living in the middle of nowhere heal his leg, but all they could do was hope for the best. She would not have agreed to let him do it if she was the one injured, but she was not, and it was not her leg so she basically did not care. Once the old wizard began his work, Kaiser’s eyes widened in awe and she finally remembered the thing that she was forgetting. This was the old wizard that she was looking for! Though she finally found what she had initially come out here for, she was no longer interested in listening to his wisdom. He was a different type of magic user; a healer. Healing magic was something Kaiser would not ever dream of practicing. Once the healing process was finished, they waited out for the rain to stop and recommenced their journey.

The walk from the old wizard’s house to the point where they found a magicar took about thirty minutes to an hour and from that point onward, it was a magicar ride. Kaiser decided to take Kon along with her to gather information on who would want to purchase a dead monster’s tooth since they would both have to share the money they got from that. In normal cases, Kaiser would have gone ahead and taken the reward for herself, but she was feeling kind of nice and besides Kon had an injured leg so she kind of felt bad, plus without his weapon both of them would have ended up dead, she thought. The biggest realization she had after all that was the fact that she was useless in battle. She definitely needed to work on that. Kaiser went to the people she knew who could give her the information she needed and asked around, finally getting a name. A merchant called Gallard. He was supposedly obsessed with collected beast body parts or something. It didn’t matter. What mattered was the money and just as she was told by her contacts, the guy paid them a total of two hundred thousand jewels for the tooth, which they split in half and took a hundred thousand each. Then, Kaiser wished Kon a safe trip back to wherever he came from. “Let’s go monster hunting again some time,” she said as a joke, “once your leg heals, that is.” And with that, she would walk back to her hotel, pretty dry already after all that, to have a nice warm bath like she had imagined.

﹙4,075 / 4,000﹚

E X I T

m a t r i a r c h y
#18Kon 

Barrang [Q: Kon] Empty Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:04 am

Kon

The attitude of the half boscoi appeared to have taken a sharp turn as she came to witness Kon’s crippled form. Her anger was taken out of the now deceased monster, plunging a table leg into lifeless corpse causing blood to squirt across not just the room but all along both him and Kaiser. She seemed completely oblivious to the damage to her clothes from the dark fluid, Kon meanwhile was less than pleased with his front being completely coated from head down. “Thanks…” He muttered to the blood-crazed woman sarcastically. While he appreciated her efforts if anything she just left him open to getting an infection should any of that thick sludgy blood got into his flesh wound. Not only did she went out of her way to spear the beast, a deliberate effort was made to remove a tooth from its tooth jaw in a gory and precise manner bring with it pieces of tissue from its socket. Why she had done so he didn’t know, perhaps to have as a keepsake, to sell in the blackmarket perhaps for other reason. He remained silent through the entire process with her only comment about whether it was worth getting after taking the tooth in the first place. Lifting his hand that was gingerly holding his leg Kon hit the back of Kaiser’s head jokingly. “Why take the tooth, if you don’t know whether its worth anything, you might as well take the entire body….”  Before holding up his index finger in front of her and continuing. “And we’re not taking the body, it’ll be hard enough to walk around with this in my foot.” He would have preferred to take back his bow however it seemed Kaiser was invested in holding onto the weapon and he was busy tending to his wound. Rather then being rude and argue for his bow back in his injured state, He took Kaisers offer and allowed her to continue wielding the weapon in her free hand.

It seemed that killing the monster was Kaisers true objective with her having had the duo turn around at the demise of the beast. The pace was painful with each step jarring on his injured leg almost buckling every time he applied pressure onto it. He was going to suggest that he teleported the two of them but each time he tried a sharp and sudden crack was heard in the distance as if the very weather was against him from mentioning his abilities. Rather then remain stoic and fight through the pain, Kon halted for all but a moment to apply most of his weight on his other foot, removed his hand from his leg and tapped it onto his forehead bringing them relatively close to the end of the town but not far enough to see the exit. This was all done within a mere matter of seconds returning to the very same stance and positioning responding to Kaisers comment as she noticed a building in front of them. Odd in design but not unique with him having seen similar style buildings throughout Fiore. Approaching the building with renewed urgency and more wincing, Kon was now hopping more then hobbling, clinching his jaws as the shrapnel wiggled around in his leg leaving behind a trail of his blessed blood.

After suffering through the pain both Kon and Kaiser reached the door of the building, its sole occupant allowed them in cautiously giving him a sigh of relief now. This was short lived as Kon steadily began to fall to one side obviously having lost more blood then he initially thought forcing Kaiser to hold his entire body weight or allow him to fall to the ground. The latter seemed to be the case as a loud thud was heard as his vision darkened and the voice of the old man commented. “Oh dear…” In spite of the sudden loss of consciousness, Kon was swift to rise with him hearing the ending of Kaiser’s tale while he felt the hands of the old man binding up his leg having removed the piece of wood that now rested on the table by his side. “Thanks for that doc” The black-haired knight said to the old man weakly breaking mid-way, rather then allowing Kon to continue to talk he was handed a drink similar to Kaiser who appeared to be chatting with the old man.

Once the bandages were completed, Kon slowly lifted himself off where he been carried. A sharp pain radiated from the wound evidently the man was only able to heal the extremities of the injury, which was clarified as he also rose up wiping his blooded hands with a cloth. “I’ve cleaned and restored the outer layers of your leg, the muscle and inner tissue will heal on their own.” Thanking the man regardless, Kon hobbled and took up the man’s still dirty hand into his own and shook it a few times. “I’m sure it will be fine, thank you for tending to my wound and thank you for taking care of me, Kaiser.” Getting to his feet, Kon gathered up his things including his bow which had been resting on a corner near the entrance of the home next to a series of umbrellas, coats and boots all neatly lined up. Clear that their shared journey was not at an end, the duo continued on their way now towards the town of Astera itself, Kon still remained wincing with each step but it was far more bearable than before. Fortunately for the Nephilim, the two had been directed by the old man of a transportation service that used magicars something that while Kon was knowledgeable about he had never used. He had become too accustomed to teleportation for travelling long distances that alternative means like magicars or traditional methods such as trains were becoming trivial in nature, even slow from his perspective.

Where the two were going Kaiser didn’t say nor he really minded perhaps she had been told something by the old man relevant to the beast and they were going to collect a reward however that was something he would have to wait to find out. The information was swiftly revealed after the quick drive to town reaching the outskirts and entering the marketplace where they met with a local named Gallard, friendly enough fellow, who seemed to be a merchant of exotic materials and goods, both naturally and man-made. There were a few things that Kon recognised clearly from the Illumin religion but he couldn’t recognise their authenticity from a quick glance so remained silent on that matter while Kaiser handled the deal she struck with the questionable man. Much to Konstantin’s surprise the man was quite generous having only received a single tooth and he was even more surprised with Kaiser giving him an equal share in spite of him being injured and seemingly requiring her to take him to a healer. After providing him with his end of the reward, a light jest was made on his injuries before the duo parted, Kon remained in the marketplace while Kaiser disappeared into the crowd of people while he watched her blip of mana diminish in turn. Kon had remained in the marketplace primarily to learn whether he could find a more experienced healer that would be able to restore the internal tissue of his leg, unfortunately there was another but they were nature-based thus would be more likely to destroy the leg rather than heal it. Disheartened by the information, Konstantin soon left the marketplace as well to retire to his retired room.

Spells used: Instant transmission

4056/4000

[Exit]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum