Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ill Met by Moonlight (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Michael Winters 

Ill Met by Moonlight (Open) Empty Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:47 am

Michael Winters
Michael kinda wanted to get stronger. And while training was nice and all, he kind of wanted to do it faster. He needed to play catch up to several people. Including his impressive guild master. But training would only get you so far. So he heard news about a merchant, a well known one that sold wares of all kind. Weapons too. But he heard he was hard to find, he was so elusive. Some say he was passing by Hargeon to actually get to a different location.

Michael knew his vague description, to which the guy kinda stuck out like a sore thumb. But all he needed was one person who interacted with the man. And it was pretty easy. You can tell by the items people owned. And Michael actually happened to met someone who did interact with him. So he used his good ol nose to track down the guy. Granted he had to be on all fours and face real close to the ground to get the faint scent and get a lead. But once he did, he was able to stop being weird and made a beeline run for it towards the man

Eventually he found the man anad grabbed him
"SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!!!!" that came out as overly aggressive.
Meanwhile the confused merchant just oblidged and showed him the stuff. And Michael not being a stranger to substances, got a vial with what looked like red liquid, but was actually a blood of some kind. Before the merchant got even a say of what it is. Michael just showed the man on his merry way and made his leave himself.

Michael being kind of reckless in his usual state just ingested the blood thing as if it was a strawberry drink. While in actuality it was a sample of blood that acts as a modification. Luckily he is a werewolf. But still pretty reckless to drinking stuff that you dont even know.
But on the bright side it didnt phase him. Not yet at least

While he did spend his day outside, he was making his way back to the guild and thats when things started to kick. It was begining to be sunset. Lovely sight, but Michael wasnt feeling well. He rested against the guild halls door. He didnt get in yet. But he did start to feel a lot of things and started to sweat. He looked at his nails and noticed his usual wolfy longer nails or claws are back. After he expressively remembered cutting that off to appear more human. He felt the change but was surpressing it.
Only now he's starting to realize. Perhaps he should've listened to that merchant. Now he has to deal with unknown consequences.

#2Ryuko 

Ill Met by Moonlight (Open) Empty Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:50 am

Ryuko

It had been a few days since Esperia had last appeared in public at the guild hall. However, on this particular day, the young woman had been at the guild hall to discuss some of her plans with Alisa. It was a difficult choice to make, to abandon her past and the identity associated with it in the hope to start a new life. However, it was an opportunity given to her by the mysterious powers of Kama and the understanding nature of her lover Maple. It was because she was willing to accept the idea of a new start away from conflict and chaos, and the help of her mentor Alisa in finding a safe haven in Hargeon to do so that her idea could finally work.

Of course, it required a lot of planning. While she had only recently been able to purchase a property within Hargeon as a part of her attempt to 'live a peaceful life and stay out of troubles it still required a lot of work to be done. So far she had gained the licenses and rights to own a store and was discussing with Alisa about security measurements. So far the idea seemed to be to primarily rely on the local rune knights, but some guild members could be assigned to serve as an emergency response in time of need.

Hell, at least she knew Manzo would love to be outside again for once. Chuckling softly at the thought as she descended from the stairs leading to the guild master's office, Esperia had just arrived at the lobby when she saw a figure at the doorway.

For a moment she paused, almost instinctively greeting him through her psionic powers but instead she chose to put on a bit of an illusion, making her lips move as if she was actually talking, despite the fact her words didn't come from her lips, but instead from her mind.

"That is the worst hangover I've ever seen someone have, and a wanderer like me has seen a lot of these."

She mused softly as she hurried toward the man, offering him support as she continued. "Come inside, I'll prepare you something cold to drink and a towel to wipe off that sweat."

Although she might have sounded a little bossy with that, there was clear concern in her expression as she tried to help him inside the building. Giving him another glance she spoke. "Guess I shouldn't call Alisa yet, for some reason I got the feeling you don't want others to worry about you. Understandable, I'm similar in that regard... and Illumin knows how often I made Alisa worry with my little escapades."

Of course, she was still getting used to the mysterious powers Kama bestowed upon her, to the point that even if she tried to suppress the charming polen her body could release, the effect still lingered very slightly in the form of a scent that came from her.

"Water fine for you? Or do you want something heavier?"

#3Michael Winters 

Ill Met by Moonlight (Open) Empty Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:24 am

Michael Winters
As his struggles were beginning, he heard the familiar voice. He looked and saw... Esperia? No... that wasnt the tentacled menace. But had the same voice? Did she skin someone and get in them. It wouldnt surprise him. He wasnt sure if Esperia recognized him as a Blue Pegasi since he had a cleaner look to him.

"Pain. Oh god this is bad. I should've have done that. I should've listened... Grrr... Stay cool stay cool. You got this. Just bear with it"
he thought to himself, that he couldnt really properly converse with the voidling. When he noticed his left hand he merely... started hitting it with his other hand. And grabbed his hand as if its a person and spoke to it
"Listen here you. You dont get to do what you want. Im your master, so you better chill the fuck out or else Imma make you regret it"
Yeah he was very forceful in controlling his own body. Much different then the Kana muzzle she had. The man just brute forced everything.

He went further in the guild hall. Truthfully he hated accepting Esperia's help of any kind. He just didnt like the voidling. The mind reader gave him bad vibes with her attitude of a smartass and her mind probe powers.
The other stuff he didnt understand. It took him a bit to get like that she said that she wasnt gonna call the others. He finally managed to speak
"Just so you know... lewding me wont help me"
He was getting a scent and he wasnt sure what it meant. But he tried to focus on the words
"Water" he really hated this

#4Ryuko 

Ill Met by Moonlight (Open) Empty Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:38 am

Ryuko

Esperia shook her head lightly, trying to suppress the urge to smile at his words as she turned around toward the bar and started to pour some cold water into a glass, a large glass considering well, she thought he must have been thirsty. After placing it on the table she proceeded to search for a towel and returned with it, placing it beside him on the bar counter.

"No intention to lewd today~ Although if it reassures you, today my psionic connection is a one-way street. You can hear me, but I won't hear what you say in return. So your thoughts are private, and you'll have to speak up if you want me to hear you."

Turning back to the counter she scooped a small goblet from it and filled it with some type of juice? Taking a light sip from it she couldn't help but muse softly. "Still, I'm surprised you saw through my other form. I even went out of my way to make the illusion that I was speaking... Anyways, drink and rest a little."

She leaned back a little and looked at him, albeit chose not to say anything for now. Simply enjoying her drink after which she spoke. "I guess we're both keeping a secret of each other then now. Although I can't help but notice your symptoms are similar to intoxication. Did someone try to drug you?"

She could obviously try to read his past, but for now refrained from doing so. Instead merely watching him while drinking her beverage.

#5Michael Winters 

Ill Met by Moonlight (Open) Empty Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:18 am

Michael Winters
It was a sigh of relief that she didnt read his thoughts anymore. Even though the damage had been done. All he could do was pray that she'd forget what she saw in him before. So he was glad he verbalized what he wanted to tell her and not do the mind talk like last time.

He tried to grab the glass of water. But his left hand kind of crushed it. Learning he needs to learn to control the newfound strength he had. He just hissed in annoyance that he did that.

He decided to focus on her conversation about her form. "Your voice... even tho you flap your lips, you still didnt produce sound for my ears to hear. I can still hear you in my mind. Besides, your voice is still yours" though he was curious "Whats with the new skin suit? Who'd you peel that from?"

She asked him what happened to him, if someone tried to drug it
"Yes and no... I brought it upon myself if you're wondering" he answered, being a bit vague, but giving her enough information to know he clearly took something, but didnt know what exactly

#6Ryuko 

Ill Met by Moonlight (Open) Empty Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:13 am

Ryuko

Esperia paused for a moment as she watched Michael shatter the glass of water, instead merely grabbing a new one and placing it back on the counter without making a remark about it. "Hmm, influencing one's audial sensory perception would be difficult. That is more the field of illusions." She brought a hand to her cheek, pondering for a moment when she listened to his inquiry. "For your reference, I did no peeling~ Let's say I got myself involved in a bit of a messy situation that saw me trapped in a form that is not exactly my own. However, as you perceived so far this isn't even that form either. Rather it seems to be some sort of 'interpretation of how the world perceives me. Don't ask me how that works, because even I don't have a clue yet."

Esperia nodded her head lightly, taking his vagueness as reason enough to imagine that the substance was one he didn't want to go in detail about. "How long ago did you take it? If it was recently we could purge it, but if it has been too long it likely has already entered your system and then all we can do is lessen the symptoms till you overcome it naturally."

She extended a hand, allowing a small spark of blue flames to erupt from it as the shards of glass from the broken glass melted away, while at the same time, Michael would likely feel his strength being sapped just slightly. "This should make it a bit easier to control the newfound increase in strength."

With that said she turned her back at him, seemingly searching for something. "I once experienced something similar when I dabbled in some research. Was trying to find a way to surpass the natural limitations of the human body, so I obtained a vial of an ancient vampire's blood. Didn't expect a fucking bat to fly into it and shatter the vial in my face. Quite an unpleasant time that was. Especially when you have to explain that instead of wanting to eat a good steak you got a sudden craving for the red juice."

She finally turned back around as she hummed softly. "There it is." Placing what appeared a vial of a silvery syrup on the counter she explained. "Back then I created this, it's not an antidote, but it helps it slowing down the mutation so that you can adjust to it easier. Do with it what you wish, just don't flush it through the toilet, don't need to call a plumber again."

With that all said and done she leaned back in her seat and looked at him. "If you're worried: I didn't look into your past just now, just the symptoms were quite similar to what I experienced back then." She pondered for a moment, but decided not to comment further for the time being.

#7Michael Winters 

Ill Met by Moonlight (Open) Empty Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:43 am

Michael Winters
He shakes his head "One way or another some skinning was involved. Even you dunno it. So im just gonna call it what it is. You're like a skin walker" he didnt know how else to define her other than that. Which he was certain that it was part of like real real old Pergrandi myth and superstition.

Back to his condition, Esperia asked when he took it, if its recently they can purge it
"Purge it? Oh no no no" he said as he wiped some sweat "I got this for power. I need to be strong. This will make me stronger. I just need to... deal" he bites his left hand which was the most stubborn part of him. He was surpressing a transformation. Holding it back as much as he can.

He watched as she extended a hand, allowing a small spark of blue flames to erupt from it as the shards of glass from the broken glass melted away, while at the same time, Michael would likely feel his strength being sapped just slightly. She said this would help him so far deal with the strength he has
"Thanks" he said rubbing his left hand which was hurting due to the abuse he put it through. Though the pain at least caused the changing effects to cease. At least any external change was stopping. But he still felt the changes, internal ones. But it was becoming easier to deal with it

He tilted his head when she spoke. So she also had some blood? Vampire blood? Hmm, he did taste blood, but doubted that it was a vampires blood
"Hah! Now I wanna imagine a vampire werewolf. Now that'd be unstoppable" yeah he had a mental image of that. It was weird and scary.
Though he focused on a vial. He shook his head and didnt take it. But did ask
"A plumber? Did someone flush this?"
He looked at her as she told him not to worry as she didnt peer into his past. Just had similar experience. He couldnt imagine what she went through.

#8Ryuko 

Ill Met by Moonlight (Open) Empty Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:13 pm

Ryuko

Esperia couldn't help but smile softly at his remark. Despite the fact she tried to keep up the illusion of conversing normally, her words still resonated in his mind as usual.

"A Skin walker would imply that underneath this all my original body still remained, but I can guarantee you that is not the case. You see, when I was investigating a relic in Caelum it quite literally burnt away my body to the point not even a skeleton or ashes remained. If anything the body I inhabit now is closer to an alchemical Homunculus. A mere imitation and a mockery of what the living are. Then again, after the mess that got me trapped in the void in the past I can say this was one of the less painful changes for what it matters."

However, when he mentioned about a vampiric werewolf Esperia chimed softly. "They exist. Quite rare, but they are a nightmare to deal with when they are on the other side of a fight."

Yet soon Michael inquired about the plumber comment to which she snickered softly. "It's a figure of speech. I know you still don't trust me, and I don't blame you for it either. I certainly wouldn't be the type of trust these who can pry into my mind or past either."

And with these words she leaned back into her seat. "Not exactly like I longed for these abilities either. but we make do with the dice the game life has rolled for us. And if we aren't satisfied with the results? We just force the dice to change by our own actions."

Indeed, people who blamed fate or destiny for the lot they were given were in her opinion the ones who were content to just sit idle. Perhaps it was for that reason she was so fond of trying to defy destiny whenever she had the opportunity.

"Although, if you consumed something to get stronger, you likely were given either a drug or... oh nonono.... don't tell me the guy that got you the substance was a merchant people often whisper about? Mysterious guy that loves to pop all across Earthland but never even says his name when greeting you? If it was him you better prepare for one hell of a hangover, cause that man doesn't deal in drugs, even if it could be classified as doping his wares are closer to 'bottoms up and either you ascend to super werewolf level or you go six feet under'..."

#9Michael Winters 

Ill Met by Moonlight (Open) Empty Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:23 pm

Michael Winters
He scratched his head as she spoke, trying to take in what she said and absorb the convoluted information
"So you're saying is that you died again and now you're in a new fake body. What the fuck are you doing to yourself? Illumin be fucking damned woman. First you put yourself into a tentacle squid sushi sashimi body. Then you burn yourself to a crisp and put yourself into this? Whats next? You get bored of this look and get over by a mana car so you can become a pancake woman?" he shook his head. Part of him now imagines this girl will change her appearance every moment she gets, even if its painful or absurd.

At the topic of vampires and werewolves, of course she said that there are some rare cases. Michael replied "Why am I not surprised" he asked about the plumber comment but Esperia said its a figure of speech
"Who the fuck uses a plumber in figure of speech? Its as if I shoehorn the plumbers crack in some idiom or figure of speech mid sentence."
He couldnt tell it was a figure of speech, but more of an actual event where someone flushed some magic stuff down the drain and caused a hocus pocus flood mess.

As Esperia spoke and realized what he did. He nervously chuckled as he sweated a bit more and he shrugged "I mean... I kinda went on to sniff him out and find him. I mean he's well known and mysterious. I wanted his junk. Tho TO BE FAIR. I didnt even give a chance for the guy to greet me. I just demanded stuff, shoved my coin onto him and drank the stuff without even knowing what it is"

He had a smug and irrensponsible smile when he heard her say that he can ascent to a super werewolf. But he immediatelly frowned and looked scared when she said he could go 6 feet under. He just went on to bite his left wrist again to remain in control. But ended up injuring himself more as his teeth were now sharper

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum