Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

To bring Order to the Horde [Karstaag]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

To bring Order to the Horde [Karstaag] Empty Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:33 pm

Ryuko

To most it would had sounded outlandish, the idea that there was a faction that was supposedly led by one of the dragon's kin. To see a Dragon was already an incredibly rare occassion, but to think one of their kin was interested in meddling in the affairs of mortals? Now that was something unheard of.

But in her case Ryuko had a reason for carrying out her agenda. If she wanted to see her people united, then she needed to become someone capable of moving them. It was for that reason she had chosen to search for a particular set of individuals who all shared a particular trait: They all needed to have some sort of drive. Something that inspired them to seek greatness, an ambitiousness that made them stand out among their peers.

Among one of these individuals was one she had invited directly to the keep of her order. To the dwarf it might had been a peculiar invitation to say the least, to see a small wyvern whelpling descent to him, an envelope strapped to its claw.

The little whelpling let out an excited screech as it recognized Karlstaag and allowed him to open the contents of the letter within.

To Karstaag,

Letter from the Order wrote:Forgive me for the indirect greeting Kars, I hoped to greet you before you departed on your next adventure but time hasn't been that kind to us it seems. I have heard plenty of you, after all it is not often a dwarf is seen leaving their underground sanctuaries, especially as a proud and brave adventurer seeking to make a name for himself.

It is that type of ambitiousness and courage I am searching for. I want to gather a group of people who are not satisfied with being part of the 'norm'. Individuals whose ambitions make them aim higher, whether it is for fame, wealth, or even if just the desire to carve a place for themselves that they truly can call their own.

If this concept sounds appealing to you, then please follow the whelpling that has delivered this message. I look forward in meeting you soon in a place where it is not your origins, but your actions that will allow you to grow into who you wish to become.

May the fire of your ambitions continue to burn brightly...
Ryuko ~Dragon Knight of Pergrande.

Should Karstaag have followed the whelpling he would have found that the whelpling had led him to the Voda River, in particular a large keep overlooking the region, and as he was led inside by the whelpling he would no doubt notice the enigmatic armored knights patrolling through the keep, till at last he arrived at what had once been a throne room, but now instead of a throne there stood a majestic round table, a collection of empty chairs waiting for their rightful owners.

And then there she was, standing at the window overlooking the scenery of the landscape the keep was build at. "Fascinating, isn't it? Despite having such pleasant sights, Pergrande is often considered a harsh and cold environment. If anything I like to consider it a 'land of opportunity'."

She turned toward the dwarf and smiled. "I am Ryuko, welcome to Pergrande Karstaag."

#2Karstaag 

To bring Order to the Horde [Karstaag] Empty Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:51 pm

Karstaag
Wandering freely in the countryside with nary a care in the world, or rather only one that binds him. To carve his own worth in the world through wealth and prestige, never having to bow down to another's whims against his will. Karstaag had too often been dragged along with the currents of another's desires, misguided and unopposed to the status quo. Leaving home in rebellion to only end up in a similar state with the only change being the complete erosion of his morality. He didn't give a rat's arse about anything but himself now and he would proudly tell it to anyone whether they cared or not.

A high-pitched cry - a shriek, that came to interrupt this solemn hike along the riverside. A monster, perhaps? "Alright, ya stinkin' beastie!" He wastes no time gripping his axe but the sight before him could be called anything but a "beastie." He furrows his brow and glares at the flapping creature, appearing somewhat excited to see the dwarf. "Aww aren't you jus' a wee thing!" His grip loosens and he hobbles over, stout legs stumbling a bit over an outcrop of sturdy rocks. He notices something curious tied to the baby dragon's leg. A letter. "Hmm? Is this for me, little fella'?"

Karstaag hops up onto a short ridge along the mountain and reads the note. An invitation. An invitation for something new - unbound by suffocating pressure placed on you by others. Where something so greedy and selfish could maybe flourish and grow into something better if given the chance. The letter was full of flattery and flattery would get you far with old Karstaag. His pride swells up and he bellows out a hearty laugh, turning to the little whelp with a nod. He follows close behind, navigating the rocky terrain until he finally arrives at their destination.

The halls were filled with knights clad in iron patrolling the otherwise empty halls, but the whelping seemed to pass right by them and so, too, did Karstaag. The dwarf would come to an expansive room, empty, save for a round table with chairs circling around it and the woman he could only presume was Ryuko. Another presumption, or perhaps display of rudeness would motivate his next course of action. The man pulls out an empty chair, tiny, noisy bumps against the floor and takes his seat at the table. "Aye... this land reminds me a bit o' home just a lot pr'ttier" A gruff rumble in his voice as a hand moves up to stroke his beard. "Goes without sayin' then.. that I'm intrested in yer 'opport'nity', aye?"

#3Ryuko 

To bring Order to the Horde [Karstaag] Empty Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:43 pm

Ryuko

Ryuko couldn't help but chuckle as the dwarf expressed how the land reminded him of home. Thinking on the words... Home for her had once been the Divine Realm. There where the Joyan Pantheon dwelled, the same divinity that bound her father into servitude, the same who tried to get her killed. "I'm glad to hear that. After all, I hope that one day you will consider this place your new home."

She smiled as she turned around, the boldness at him having taken a seat at the round table having a far more significant meaning than he might had predicted. Right now there had been one chair occupied by the dwarf, and three more stood empty. But for who they were meant was a mystery yet to be unraveled. "And an opportunity it is indeed. Surely during your travels you might have heard about the concept of guilds?"

As she spoke she approached the table, a hand trailing along the back of one of the chairs. "While at their base these organizations have their merit, it is far too constrictive to try to unite people simply over a mutual goal or ambition. Nay, mortals have always been motivated by their own interests. Not a fault of their making, if anything it allows them to put in far greater effort to reach these interests."

A soft hum followed as she stepped closer, trailing her hand along the surface of the table. "Power, wealth, fame, there are plenty of ambitions or desires one might have. And that is where our opportunity comes in. You see, unlike Light guilds who are chained down by the law and the authority of the Magic Council, or Neutral Guilds who find themselves restricted by moral choices and the way society perceives their actions... I like to take a more liberating approach. Certainly, the order works alongside the Prince of Illingrad, but consider him a benefactor, a backer rather than a stuffy lord telling us what we can and can't do. The only one who can truly tell you that is."

She paused as she stopped right beside him, a finger of her gauntleted hand resting lightly on his beard-covered torso. "You~"

A smile lingered on her lips as she explained further. "You are the one who defines your rules, the one who forges their path, and it is the order who will aid you in finding a place to call your own."

With her little speech done she stepped over to the chair beside him and took a seat, a soft hum following. "Although on the surface we are a mercenary corps working to protect Pergrande and work toward uniting it, the truth is that I like to see the order as a place where people come to work together on their personal ambitions and desires. No such thing as a stuffy hierarchy to keep in mind, or some code you'll need to follow... Of course, there is a certain dragon who would be quite displeased if she finds out your actions are undermining the efforts of your colleagues~ I'd much rather have an open discussion then instead of some smiles above the table, drawn knives underneath it scenario."

A soft sigh followed as she explained the last bit. "Too often do you hear about less savory guilds collapsing over grudges or betrayals having gone out of hand, so tell me Karstaag~ What is it that you dream of? What ambitions have brought you here? Certainly I heard some things, but it is always far more refreshing and interesting to hear it from the person themselves."

#4Karstaag 

To bring Order to the Horde [Karstaag] Empty Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:30 pm

Karstaag
"Aye, If it strikes me fancy. Been wanderin' aboot fer too long 'nd I wouldn' mind a place to kick my feet up." Karstaag had indeed heard of guilds and their like, but found the vast majority to be strict, too demanding for the dwarf's rowdy, uncontrollable nature that borders on hedonistic. All he desired was a place to earn his keep and plenty of cash and drinks to support his carefree lifestyle. He was willing to join a cause so long as he never felt a tight collar around his neck. The thickset man just watched her skirt along the empty chairs, a flair for dramatics that he found quite charming, brushing his wooly beard. It wouldn't take much to sell him on the idea, but the sales pitch was hitting all the right notes. Almost too perfectly, in fact for someone as cynical as Karstaag, but the woman seemed genuine. Otherwise, why the theatrics of this personal meeting?

The morality of his jobs has never really been a factor and it's too late to saddle up on some moral high horse now. He is fine being a soldier of fortune, a loyal guardian, or a dog of war. The means by which he secures his prestige in the world doesn't matter in the slightest ad he doesn't care about the opinion of other's as long as he made his own choices. He eagerly, but patiently given his usual nature, waits for woman to finish her speech, pulling out a chair to settle in as well.

"HA! You've got a way wit' words, lass." He howled, bursting into a hearty chuckle, not in dismissal but genuine esteem. "Aye, never cared that much fer any o' the guilds. Too restrictin' and filled wit' nothin' but cretins 'nd blowhards!" Brash words from a man that has no sense of decency or discreetness. His fingers thud against the round table - once, twice. She would continue on explaining perhaps her only rule and one that made sense for the prospective dragon empress. Karstaag nods along - having a plethora of experiences with mutiny and backstabbers alike in his time as a wanderer and pirate alike. "Don' ye worry 'bout little old me. Couldn't give a rat's arse bout bein' sneaky. Too much pride fo' that. If I hav'a grievance I'd be hard-pressed to quit yappin' bout it as loud as poss'ble."

An interview perhaps, or simple curiosity? Probably a mixture of both inspired the woman to pry so inquisitively into the dwarf's goals. Truthfully, he didn't for doing much. More than happy to be swept up in whatever current fascinates him most in the moment. "I don' really wish for much, lass. A simple life? Happiness? Bores me ta tears! I go where the wind takes me, and for now - it brought me 'ere." He bellows with a rumble that pervades every word, animated so passionately as if waiting for this moment his entire life. "I wanna leave a mark on th' world! Aye, 'nd wealth! Spent me whole life makin' someone else stinkin' rich. The mines, the ship! It's about time I started workin' for me own best interests!"

Karstaag waddles up to stand in his chair, reaching back to take out his axe and toss it down to the table. "So's long as yer fancy new guild dudn't get in the way'a that... and makes this petty ambition come true... I'll work for ya!" He huffs working himself into a frenzied sweat that leaves him yearning to sit back down. Enough passion for an old dwarf. "That's all well'n good... and not that it matters a bit for me decision - I've made up me mind already. But, fair is fair, lass. What's your endgame? Your dream."

[611]

#5Ryuko 

To bring Order to the Horde [Karstaag] Empty Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm

Ryuko

Ryuko couldn't help but grin softly. "That is what I like about dwarves~ They tend to be too proud for the typical schemes and treachery that come with backstabbing. If ya have a complain, take it up front. If you're frustrated to the point fists go flying? Then we duke it out for a bit and afterwards make up with a pint of ale and discuss how we can resolve things in a way both sides are happy."

She laughed softly as she sat down on the arm of the chair besides Karlstaag. "To make your mark upon the world and gain your own wealth? Aye, wealth, power and fame will be found aplenty if you stick with us."

A light nod followed as she finally heard Karlstaag ask a question which interested her, one she had not anticipated. "My endgame?" She mused softly, finally shifting into the seat as she gazed at the table. Indeed... fair is fair. "My goal is twofold. Our you could say my endgame comes in two dreams. I seek to unite my people. Despite the fact most dragons left Earthland, some still remain in hiding, and these powerful enough to make a difference cling to aged ideals of not interfering with the realm of mortals for the sake of peace. Yet it has made my people hunted to the edge of extinction and the glory of our past became a fairy tale."

She huffed softly. "And what did this peace bring us? A world at the whims of otherworldly forces. Gods and Demons have turned Earthland into their playground. I want to make a change, one to inspire the dragons that remain to leave their mark as well, to earn their place in Earthland, rather than sulking in caverns or fleeing to other realms like a coward."

She gripped a fist lightly. "Once this has happened my other dream comes into reach~ You see, for that I should properly introduce myself first: I am Ryuko, First Dragon Knight of Pergrande... and lone daughter to Shinryu. Yes, the divine dragon of the Joyan Pantheon. My birth was only permitted by the grace of the 'divine'" she clearly sounded sarcastic as she uttered the word. "Tsukiyomi" in exchange for binding me and my father into a pact of servitude as champions of the pantheon. Want to know how they repaid that service? They send assassins after my head cause my recent actions brought them shame."

Her lips curved up slightly. "So that is my second dream, freeing my father by extracting my revenge upon the bastards who tried to claim my head."

She laughed briefly after which she shook her head lightly. "But until I unite my people that is just a far-fetched dream. But perhaps in the future~ I mean it isn't every day you can claim you killed a god right?"

Playing onto Karstaag's interest in personal glory she grinned at him. "But for now I am working on gathering people with a similar drive as yourself... Ambitious people who aspire for greatness in ways other guilds couldn't satisfy. Although there is one more ally we have, but unfortunately he has deigned himself too tired to show up so you'll have to meet him another time. I do hope you forgive his tardiness, an ancient dragon must have a lot of sleeping to do to qualify for the title I guess~"

As she stated these words a deep gruff voice resounded in both individuals their minds. "I can hear you Ryuko, besides I will meet Karstaag in due time, he is not ready yet for the Dragonborn rite..."

Ryuko heaved a playful sigh. "And that is Bahamut, Monarch of Dragons, he who is too lazy to greet new members."

A smile lingered on her lips. "I'll explain more about the rite during the foundation when others are present, simply said consider it a gift from the dragons to help you accomplish these ambitions of yours."

#6Karstaag 

To bring Order to the Horde [Karstaag] Empty Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 pm

Karstaag
This collaboration would go swimmingly. All the petty trifles that Karstaag were well within his grasp, with the promise for more dangling just above should he pry his eyes from earthly desires. A wry grin creases his face. crooked with greed  and a clap of his hands - almost too comedic a response from the single-minded man. "Tha's exactly what I like ta hear, lass." A canary to never toil away in the mines until he final gasps out his last breath of toxic air. A wide enough cage, perhaps? Gilded in gold with enough distance between the bars that he would never feel their suffocating presence. This would suffice for Karstaag, as long as the promise was kept.

Karstaag's dreams seemed so petty in comparison - mundane in the face of such loft ambition. This too, was fine for the dwarf. An ambitious leader was worth following, even if in a limited capacity. No snide interruptions, no fidgeting in his seat with contempt as he listens on. Just a hand shuffling through his beard with a slight head tilt. History he doesn't know, but with a feeling he understands deep within his own heart. "Tis a noble goal." That is about all he can muster, but a milestone in and of itself. It's a genuine sentiment met with a nod from the otherwise cynical dwarf. He understands what it's like to be ostracized from a young age - the chains of rebellion that take hold like a leash pulling at your neck. A revolution in righteous revenge. But even despite that you have to fight for your own existence no matter what others think.

Her introduction was filled with proper insight. A sense of understanding and budding camaraderie taking root. "Hm, Miss Dragon Knight... I dun see ya as the type ta get fussed with titles or the like. Ryuko." A short grunt of her name that echoes in the hollow room. Short and sweet. Ksrstaag nods his head and deeply inhales. "Pardon me language, Ryuko... but, that's a load of shite..!" He slams his head down on the table before continuing on. "I'd glad'y take the bastards' head! Mhmhm, It's only fair, aye! Scratch me back and I scratch yers, right?" Ever the loyal dwarf now that he's made up his mind. "Killin' a god sounds easy 'nuff, aye!" A resounding, howling laughter, holding his stomach each boom that escapes his lips.

Oh, another visitor? And before he had the chance to inquire in the slightest, a clamorous voice resonated in his head, drowning out all other thoughts and noise. Karstaag's eyes widen and the hair on his arms stand on end. Tiny dots like pinpricks trail along his arm as he processes this new sensation. Ryuko would come to explain the explain the voice and it did little to calm his beating heart. A primal fear of the unknown and the excitement to seek it out. Karstaag clears his throat and straightens his posture. "A-Aye! Lookin' forward to tha meetin'!" He does a double take - a furrow of his brow. "A Dragonborn rite, eh? Consider me intrigued~" There's that wry smile again. "I s'pose I'm to stick 'round til these here chairs are filled then, aye? I won't be strayin' too far. That is- unless ya needed me fer anythin' else? Ya have me loyalty fer as long as our goals align."

#7Ryuko 

To bring Order to the Horde [Karstaag] Empty Yesterday at 9:46 am

Ryuko

Ryuko smiled briefly as Karstaag shared her sentiment when it came to her desire to get vengeance upon the gods that slighted her. However, when he inquired about having to stick around till the chairs were filled Ryuko couldn't help but chuckle softly. "Nay, I won't ask you to sit here and wait till the others come. In fact, you can do whatever it is that you wish, in due time I will summon you back to this place to tell you more, but there is one person I'd like to introduce you to. I believe the two of you will get along splendidly."

She gestured toward his axe, as if to wordlessly convey for him to take it with him after which she started to guide him toward the exit of the room. Once outside they seemingly traversed through the corridors of the keep till they arrived at an open plaza. A brief glance around the area was all she needed to confirm that this place was perfect for what would follow:

"Iskandar?" She called out. Upon the utterance of his name the shadow underneath Ryuko seemed to start to stretch forward, and from within a tall muscular man emerged. Iskandar was truly a gigantic man standing over two meters in height. He had large muscles that gave the impression of being able to kill a bear with his bare hands. His facial features had a sternly chiseled touch to them with eyes that give off a dazzling glow, able to overtake most mortals' soul in an instant with their sharpness, and burning red hair and beard. He wore bronze armor, with cuffs and greaves with white-furred fringes, that left his arms and thighs unprotected. Finally a thick red mantle with a fluffy white fur collar. It is luxuriously decorated, and looks like a curtain wrapping the stage of a theater.

"So this is one of the mortals chosen by the Monarch?" Iskandar stated as he gazed down at the dwarf, for a moment it looked like he was staring straight into Karstaag's soul, after which the man laughed heartily. "The name is Iskandar, I'm sure we'll get along splendidly Karstaag!"

The man's laughed boomed through the air as he attempted to offer a hand to the dwarf as a gesture of goodwill and camaraderie. Meanwhile Ryuko explained with a grin. "He is one of the Champions of the order, and will be in charge of helping you out when I'm not around. As you likely can imagine the other founders will have a similar aide, although I think Iskandar fits you the best among them."

Iskandar nodded his head firmly. "Aye! You seem like the type to enjoy a good adventure and the evening that follows spend regaling glorious tales, which considering the magus lass, would be more inclined to make you read books with her or... Well forgive me for saying this Monarch but I got no freaking idea what goes on in the other lass her mind, beyond the fact that she is useful and dangerous in equal measures."

He grinned in amusement while Ryuko merely chimed softly. "We all got our uses~ Either way, Kars, take some time getting your bearings, and if you seek to train or go on some adventure feel free to ask Iskandar to accompany you, when the time is right I'll contact the two of you."

#8Karstaag 

To bring Order to the Horde [Karstaag] Empty Yesterday at 2:11 pm

Karstaag
A clamor in the cascade of the winds that led him here, to this meeting at the behest of a shackle that can never be broken. Fate. Aye, fate had surely led him to this adventure. It was a thought left unspoken from an oddly sentimental dwarf, stubbornly refusing to acknowledge the simple truth. Everyone desires a place to belong and Karstaag was willing to gamble on this one. The draconic empress spoke of a temporary farewell accompanied by a companion of sorts. A quiet nod as he reaches to retrieve the axe strewn atop the round table with a driven kick to his step as he follows along to meet one last person.

The keep was grandiose in a manner that was foreign to the dwarf. Every magnificent sight elicits a wry grin, devilish and covetous in equal measure to the amazement that ignites in his molten eyes. A name beckons from her shadow, an abyssal being called Iskandar towers from beneath the depths. A hand lowers to grip the jut of his own waist, gawking at the goliath that left the dwarf in his opaque penumbra. He spoke loudly, booming like thunder and roaring in laughter just as rumbly. "Nice ta meet ya, Iskandar! Seems ya alread'y got me name, but it's Karstaag all the same, Aye!" He bellowed out an energetic chuckle with a nudge of his arm to playfully prod as high as the dwarf's arms could reach. The formalities of a handshake was never one of Karstaag's virtues, opting instead for a more personal gesture. "We can skip tha handshakes. We're all gonna be buddies here, aye?" A crooked smirk upturns into a chuckle.

Karstaag listened to the woman explain that each member would be assigned a Champion, peering up to fully evaluate his capacity as a drinking buddy and accomplice in all manners of night time shenanigans. It doesn't take long to realize that he is of a similar nature. "Can't stand readin'! No, no, no- Don't worry.. Ole Karstaag will show ya how'ta 'ave a good time. Plen'y a drink an' fight! HA! Don' expect any apologizin' when we get inta trouble though~" A creased cackle that echoes and resounds throughout the vast room.

A newfound pep in his step now that the solemn seriousness of the audience has passed with a mutually beneficial arrangement struck. He cheerfully teeters towards Ryuko, a flicker of his ears as he tugs at his own horn to crack his neck. "I thank ye, lass~ Then i s'pose I'll be off fer the time bein' A dwarf's still gotta make a livin' out 'ere. I'll return as agreed the moment I 'ear from ya." A stern little nod with a wink as he ventures forth to another new horizon.

[Exit]

[477 | 2087]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum