Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The New Arrival (MJ)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

#26Mary Jane 

The New Arrival (MJ) - Page 2 Empty Tue May 30, 2023 1:22 pm

Mary Jane
How else could she explain it? Mary Jane felt so horrible about the lie but she did not want to worry Michael or make things worse for herself. It would be nice if people did not look at her like she was crazy. She would promise herself not to tell people, she was also sure that this was a promise that she could not keep. "That would be nice." She said with a little cough. She gave again a wry smile and would just sit there until he would get her something. She was definitely glad that he said she had nothing to be sorry about, but that did not feel entirely honest with Michael. So she said nothing more about that and decided to ask what happened and to explain that it was not his fault.

Mary Jane was oblivious to her scream, so her golden eyes watched Michael's brown to see if she could read anything from his face. Obviously she could not. Mary Jane did not know this young man long enough to be even able to glimpse something. She just tried to look honest, how did one do that? Especially when they already felt guilty. She looked at her own hand when Michael put his hand over hers and looked at him. She wished she could say something, but she was not sure what. It was nice how he called her not crazy. She hoped she smiled in a sweet and a little different way than just kindness. But without knowing of the scream, she could not give any other information. It was nice when Michael brought another topic up.

Now that they started to talk about food and the fact that she offered to pay. She heard her stomach rumble very softly. Oof, that was embarrassing. She nodded when he asked if she was sure, "A hundred per cent. Please show me a nice place to eat." here was hoping that she did not underestimate how expensive Fioran food was. She was sure she was doing fine. Where Michael thought it was generous, Mary Jane could only remember that she stole the money. Well, she got it without asking. It might have technically hers. Better not open that whole question and bury herself in it.

She let go of Michael's hand and got up from the bed by supporting herself. She looked at her purse, no idea how to hold it now that the strap was broken. So she kept it tight in her left hand and nodded. She would have every intention of keeping close to Michael. Well, lucky for her that she had bumped into him today. He was definitely sturdy enough to hold himself and even to protect her. She would just look around and keep sure to keep her bag close to her chest, so no one could steal it again. "What food do you like? And is that what we are getting now?"

#27Michael Winters 

The New Arrival (MJ) - Page 2 Empty Tue May 30, 2023 1:32 pm

Michael Winters
When she said she wanted water, he smiled and nodded. Getting up to go get a glass and fill it with tap water. Soon coming back to her and handing it over to her. He would watch her drink, but make sure he doesnt like intensely stare at her.

The two then had a moment where they held hands. He liked the moment and he tried his best not to turn it into something extra. As he mentally reminded himself that they were just friends and nothing beyond that and that he was not ever gonna go beyond that. He was glad the convo went to food, but considering how their outing ended, he asked if she was sure she wanted that. But after a cute tummy rumble from her, she said that she's a 100% sure. He couldnt help but chuckle "Cute" he teased playfully with a light poke to her nose.

As they got ready to go out and and he set the empty glass away and got prepped to lock his room once they were out, he'd answer her question. "Personally, I love meat. Im a heavy carnivore. Not much into veggies. Nor fish tho. I can tolerate fruit. Its nice but not my favorite. Umm, but we can go to a diner and get a sandwich or a hot dog if you want?" he suggested to her as soon he would walk and lead her, but also make sure to walk beside her. He liked the idea of a sandwich or a hot dog. The food talk made HIM now hungry.

#28Mary Jane 

The New Arrival (MJ) - Page 2 Empty Tue May 30, 2023 1:42 pm

Mary Jane
Bless the water, she was definitely glad she got that. It helped immediately with her voice and thus the whole hoarse sound fell away. She could talk again, although if she was real honest with herself; the lingering feeling that someone was choking her was still there. She did not want to experience that ever again and she hoped for herself and Adelaide her sake that this did not happen more often. The woman must have endured a lot and Mary Jane felt like her world had been so small and protected. Suddenly it felt like a lie but she did not feel like opening that pithole right now.

She blinked in surprise that he poked her nose and also called her cute. No one had ever done that. But she understood what it meant, she did not doubt it. Though she obviously did not think about any intentions of romance, but it was nice to find someone, to count on. Someone that liked her as a friend (because nothing else crossed her mind). She blushed a little but averted her eyes from him. She lied to him and he just called her cute and was caring. How unfair was she to him?

Mary Jane would get up from the bed and follow Michael out of the door. She asked him what kind of food they would eat. He explained the meat loving thing to her and what they could get. She frowned, "What's a hot dog?" Did that mean literally that they were going to eat dog food? She was no vegeterian but the idea that you were eating someone's pet... wasn't that a bit cruel? Although... she also was not very enthusiastic meat eater. It helped with staying healthy, especially if she gave a lot of blood for the rituals. She would look around Hargeon, now that the sun was setting it was a complete new setting. She hesitated a little, afraid more visions would engulf her. But nothing happened while they walked.

#29Michael Winters 

The New Arrival (MJ) - Page 2 Empty Tue May 30, 2023 1:55 pm

Michael Winters
Her little blush and aversion of the eyes only reinforced his belief that she was so cute and those damn cheeks were squeezable. Like he wanted to pinch those cheeks and maybe hug her and hold her. Like she was so cute that he was drowning in her cuteness. It took every ounce of him to not say Awwwww. And even that he loved, because for once he was repressing something that wasnt. Blood Kill Kill Kill Violence Stab Knife.

As they went to a diner, she frowned and asked whats a hot dog. He was shocked and in disbelief she didnt know "You dunno what a hot dog is??!" he blinked in confusion, before thinking how to say it "Erm... Grilled or steamed sausage served in a bun. I personally prefer it when its steamed. Its so tasty." he said. Though if she asked why it was called that. He didnt know and he never questioned it, its just one of those accepted things.

Out of curiousity he asked her "So, do they not have that at Caelum? I mean its been like 18 years since I've been there. I thought they had that" though he doesnt remember if he had hot dog there. Memories from that time was faint and it just made him sad because everything seemed to be going so well in Caelum and he felt his life fall apart in Fiore. Losing his friends at home, being the new kid, learning a new language, losing his parents. Everything was just bad. Look at him now. Homeless and living off of quests and inns.

#30Mary Jane 

The New Arrival (MJ) - Page 2 Empty Tue May 30, 2023 2:08 pm

Mary Jane
She blushed only more intensely when Michael seemed to be very confused that she had no idea what a hot dog was. She mildly shock her head. Her eyes very big as to show her own confusion. What to say about it all? She looked around though, making sure no one was going to steal her purse again, thank you very much. "Is that strange?" She would not be surprised if they had hot dogs in Caelum but the fact that her cult always cooked and made food themselves, it suppose to be healthy and specific... yea she never had a hot dog nor heard of it. Grilled or steamed meet in a bun. She repeated that a couple of times in her head and literally had no idea what to make of it. "Well I am here to try for sure." She would therefore only look more around, this time not only to spy thieves but also this steamed sausage in a bun. Weird. Why was it called a hot dog? Maybe she did not want to know that and decided to just swallow that question.

She looked away from Michael and wondered how to answer that question. "I eh never out of the house." At least this was no lie so she did not have to be guilty about that. She turned her attention back to Michael. "So I think I have a lot of new things to bump into and learn." She brushed through her long fierce red-orange hair, a little bit embarrassed by the idea. "So now that you are my neighbour, I am counting on you to teach me." She smiled again, especially because she realised she was not doing that and thus turned her attention a little more relaxed back to the street. She would definitely not expect that a hot dog looked like it did, but she found it tasty nonetheless.

#31Michael Winters 

The New Arrival (MJ) - Page 2 Empty Tue May 30, 2023 2:23 pm

Michael Winters
He laughed and said "I dunno!" he had no clue was it strange considering his faint memories from Caelum. When she said she's here to try it, he smiled and said "You'll love it. Trust me, after you do, you'll wonder how did you live without them. Also fries are great too."

As he asked how come she didnt know of hot dogs or if they had none at Caelum, she explained she never ate out "Cheap parents, eh? I get'cha" again, he was filling his own blanks, thus making her lies easier for her as he filled his own narrative with what seemed normal. Cheapskate parents were much more likely than an obsessive controlling evil cult.

He smiled happily when she said that he had to teach her. He had a laugh and said "Boy, you met the worst person to teach you. But sure. I'll make an attempt"
Soon they would reach the diner where he'd order the food for two. Once again he'd ask if she's ok with paying for both of them since he was fine with money. But once again, she insisted to repay him for his deeds, so he relented and let her do what she felt was right

#32Mary Jane 

The New Arrival (MJ) - Page 2 Empty Tue May 30, 2023 2:45 pm

Mary Jane
"Fries?" She repeated and thought about it, "Is that the same as chips?" Maybe they used different words... but she was sure she had had some chips before. Though again home made and not the same as probably a restaurant or take-away thingy made. She was still a bit baffled from all this new information but it was nice to see Michael lost his edge. He seemed to be a bit distant or maybe toughened up when she talked to him in the inn and now he was smiling at her again. That put her slightly at ease.

She would explain that she was not used to eating out the door. Which also meant she got really excited for this. Look at her, finally a real adult. Finally able to make her own decisions and all that. She looked up at Michael and frowned, was it really cheap parents. "I have no idea if that was the reason behind it, but it might be." It was not like the cult was behind closed doors, after all they still were devoted followers of the Illumin. They would just not share everything from their life styles, that did not stop them from going to church and everything. But she did not feel like explaining more of it, maybe it was the whole cheap parent thing, maybe it was not. Maybe because she was a blessing according to them, they did not want her to eat all that type of food. It certainly did not look very healthy but she did not care and would definitely try.

She only smiled when he said he was the worst person, "I agree to disagree with that." For now he had been fine and she did not doubt it would stay that way. She would enjoy her hot dog. When they were done eating at a bench at the square she asked Michael to bring her back to the inn. Maybe the fainting and visions had done enough for today. She explained she was really tired but that she would take him up on that job offer. She was definitely curious about that and if he had no time, she would try it for herself one day. She just needed to gain some energy back from that journey from Caelum to here. Which was not a lie, although it awfully sounded like one.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum