Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Learning From The Master

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ikanbi 

Learning From The Master Empty Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:50 pm

Ikanbi
The huntress from Desierto purred with delight at the prospect that had unfolded before her. She was to train, with Konyo, her guild master of all people. An impossible foe for her to beat she knew, but an excellent resource for her to learn from. Ikanbi the huntress stared at Kon from several paces away as they stood by the lake of fire. A spar? She was ridiculously outmatched, but Kon had insisted anyway. Perhaps he wanted to see what she was made of. Perhaps he wanted to test her wit and her resolve. It didn't matter, she had a few ideas on what exactly she wanted to accomplish here and precisely how to go about doing it. But it would take some work, truly, an immense amount of it, and she wasn't sure how many attempts it would take for her to resonate properly with the god soul inside of her.

The heat of the flames and magma nearby were terrible, but in a way they made her feel more at home, as though she was again under the blistering sun of Desierto. Ikanbi surged her body with the built up mana she had been accumulating within for a while, and attempted to flash step past Konyo, but failed, grinding to a halt abruptly just a few meters into the movement, and tripping forwards. "Shit!" she said exclaimed as she stumbled towards him. "That's not what I wanted." She took a few paces back and tried again, surging her body with mana and unleashing it all at once in an attempt to properly utilize the flash step technique that resonated within her god soul. She unleashed it again, and this time she burst through the air in the blink of an eye, but stopped short just by Konyo and didn't stick the landing very gracefully once again. "Ah, I'm sure that's not quite it either." She said to her guild master sheepishly.

323/500 D-Rank Flash Step

Learning From The Master BgYy4ZU
#2Kon 

Learning From The Master Empty Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:33 pm

Kon

Kon had never been an avid fan of hot environments, whether it was his time in Desierto or here in Fieros Girdle even before the incident that turned him into what he was now. These days he despises not just the idea of molten rock, steam, or even the concept of anything hot, and yet there he was standing on top of a mountain of constantly melting stone with his guildmate and fellow founder Ikanbi as the rubber soles of his boots continued to turn into nothing more than slag. Why they were there instead of the Floating island that was their guild hall was beyond him, perhaps Ikanbi wanted a heart to heart or they wanted to spar with him and didn't want to risk damaging the building. He still had not seen Ikanbi in combat or even them use magic in the slightest and yet something within them just heralded from a time far older than they appeared something truly ancient in its origin. It was one of the very reasons why he had agreed to come and see them on this hellscape, pure curiosity, he still knew so little about them outside of their nationality, something that was perhaps a bit unwise given their otherwise intimate relationship as fellow guild mates. Their presence on the black rock had largely remained discrete save for the odd rubber-coated footprint leading from the guild hall to their would-be training area. Loathing the prospect of his feet turning into molten steel alongside his boots, Kon summoned forth his disgruntled Hespa ahead of time and sat side saddle whilst watching Ikanbi from afar. Their attempts to use magic were somewhat concerning, whether it was a lack of skill, talent or the ability to harness the raw power within him raised questions, rather than adding fuel to their potential self-doubt, Kon instead largely remained silent outside of saying a few words of encouragement. "Come on pick yourself up, have a go again..."

#3Ikanbi 

Learning From The Master Empty Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:13 pm

Ikanbi
She collected herself, dusted herself off, and cleared her mind of distractions. Ikanbi listened to the sounds of the fire and magma, the sounds that came from Konyo's body, and the stillness of the rest of the world around them. Fire crackled, but it was a nice ambience that resonated with the god soul that now resided inside of her. She took a deep breath and held it for several seconds before exhaling very slowly, then holding her breath again before slowly inhaling. Her nerves calmed, her facial expression changed entirely. Ikanbi had calmed herself in a mere moment, and she was ready to try again. There was no magic sigil, there was no casting motion, Ikanbi's body merely surged with mana for a mere moment in time before she was suddenly gone. Where? She had everything short of teleported behind Kon, having taken a single step and vanishing from sight as her body flew at such tremendous speed that even the most trained of eyes couldn't dream of seeing her movement. She wondered if Kon could see it, she knew it was fast, but she wasn't sure just how augmented he might have become in his transition to a machine immortal. She reappeared just to his side, not quite within his arms reach, and for all intents and purposes she may as well have teleported. It wasn't a teleport, but it surely looked the same to most people.

"I've been meaning to try that, there's something inside of me now that yearns for battle, yearns for...speed. I have dreams that can't possibly be just dreams of a god that moves so quickly the human eye can't keep up. I can feel it resonating within me, but sometimes I wonder if maybe it could have found a better host." She said with a shrug. 

627/500 D-Rank Flash Step Trained

Learning From The Master BgYy4ZU

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum