Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

March into the Future[Alisa]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1Kazimir Seiryu 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:54 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
Two years had gone by in an instant. Despite all that can happen in that span of time, the wind mage found himself once more in the lands of Stella. Strife had been quelled in the area and the wind mage was happy to enjoy the travel once more. This time he was here for more pressing matters.

The mage dipped by a roaming dinosaur. The massive beast, pressed his heavy foot into the ground, leaving behind a crater. Two locals ushered the dino along. Kaz gazed up at the creature. "New lands," he whispered and made his way further into the city, through the crowds, and toward a small Veranda connected to a shop.

The mage took a seat and told the finely dressed waiter that he was waiting on someone. The waiter left the menus behind and headed back to the kitchen. The table cloth was ornate and a soft breeze wafted through the hanging plants.

#2Alisa 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:44 am

Alisa

WORDS: 430 | TAG: @Kazimir Seiryu | GUILDMASTER 

Alisa had been hard at work these past few years... The girl woke her up in the middle of the night after all, and often times, the sculptress couldn't drift back into sleep as easily as breathing. Impressive how she still had the energy to keep up her training, perhaps it had just become second nature at this point... In any case, even if she slept a little less, Alisa Vollan had plenty of extra time, more than enough to advance one of her lesser known goals... To foster a sense of kiniship with every other benevolent guild in Fiore. Whether it came from Odin Morningstar or any new threat she'd yet to learn about, she knew the inevitability of yet another enemy merely bode its time, and they couldn't quite sit by twiddling their thumbs and waiting for it to come. To meet it head on, the stalwart protectors couldn't look to each other like strangers, but comrades:

"Oh dear... I'll admit, you don't really sights like this anywhere else.", mused the sculptress, eyes flaring open as the mere footsteps of the behemoth walking past sent a gust shooting across the grass, whipping against her sinuous shape as her long hair and loose garments fluttered freely with the wind, drawing her hand back up to tuck those loose locks behind her head.

She'd supported Cassia instead of Hildegard, but even then, she knew either of the two women would have done everything in their power to preserve the beauty of these lands she now strolled around in... Her wife's homeland in a sense. Alisa's chest heaved as she breathed in the freshness of the Stellan air, smile curling wider as she took a moment just getting a feel for the land beneath her feet before looking around for the meeting place. And so, she'd finally come all the way out here to meet her brother in law. She'd heard great things about the man, watched his battle in the Grand Magic Games, even exchanged a few pleasantries during her sister's Grand Gala. And finally, they found a chance to meet up:

"Ah, there you are... Good afternoon, Kazimir~", with those soft, melodious words, Alisa greeted her fellow guildmaster as she sashayed over to the table he was sitting on, pulling up a chair and sitting down in front of him, running her hands down the length of her skirt before resting back down on the comfy chair, crossing those shapely legs under the table, "I trust Stella has been treating you well~...?"

She wasn't even that far away from Stella when they arranged this meeting, but whether she was in Fiore on in her wife's home of Valerica, distances mattered nothing to the bearer of the Skeleton Key. With Alisa currently visiting Valerica with her wife, nobody in her guild but Sofia knew where she was, such as the advantage of moving around as simply as the turn of a Key. She'd always been the sort of person that would rather come forward with results than mere wishes and plans for the future.

Strength is also Beauty

"New year, new day~"
- Alisa Vollan

credit to nat of adoxography.

Sheet | Relationship Plotter | GFX
Fortune Wheel | Victory Road | Dice Game

"Would you like a glimpse of real beauty, Guest?"

March into the Future[Alisa] CyhFjWA

Main theme ~ Serious Fight!
#3Kazimir Seiryu 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:03 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
The wind mage contemplated all the discussions that would be had, once his sister-in-law arrived. Between newfound family and the fates of the guilds. Strange to think how connected all the light guilds had become. At least among the GuildMasters.

"Nice to see you again," Kaz began to stand up and greet her, but she was already pulling out a chair. With a smile, he sat back down and slid a menu to her side of the table. It was far overdue for these two to meet. Something that had been on the backburning simmering. And now the two wizard saints sat facing one another.

Kaz looked around once more at the scenery and strange beasts of mammoth proportions. "So far so good. Some things to get used to," he said with a small chuckle. "Thanks for meeting me all the way out here. I've never been.Things have been busy with the kids and the guilds," Even though she was family now, and they had known of each other for some time. A small pause lingered in the mage's mind as he searched for how to begin the conversation. Instead, he just shook his head and laughed.

"Seems silly to be overthinking something like this," he ran a hand through his hair and ruffled it as he slid his hand down the back of his neck. "I think I'm gonna order the pancakes. And then...let's talk about a more formal Alliance I suppose?" He said calmly, letting the jitters fade and settling back into himself once more. His still eyes met hers.

"Oh! How is Sofia?" he asked, feeling rude that it nearly slipped his mind.

#4Alisa 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:28 pm

Alisa

WORDS: 430 | TAG: @Kazimir Seiryu | GUILDMASTER 

Indeed, they'd have plenty to discuss... Blue Pegasus and Fairy Tail had been allies long before either of them took the reins of their respective guilds. Alas, neither of them sought to nurture that alliance, or properly reinforce it with the new leaderships, up until this moment:

"Likewise~", spoke the sculptress, raising her hand as she saw him motioning to stand up. No need for such formalities now, after all, the two were family at this point. Alisa folded her arms over the table, an audible, graceful chuckle filling the air as his words drew her attention to the creatures roaming around the plains, herding like the diminute cows or goats either of them had grown used to in Fiore, "Indeed... This is quite different from the sights we get back home hmm? Don't think I could ever get used to so many things larger than me~", another chuckle, a soft smirk drawing on her lips as she waved her hand dismissively, shaking her head, "Really, it's no trouble~ This might be closer for me than it was for you."

Alisa wouldn't have even needed to use her key, had she chosen to do things the old fashioned way... But between her family, her training and her duties as guildmaster, she didn't have the luxury of going on a little leisure trip if she could help it:

"Indeed, though since we've come all the way to Stella... Maybe I'll have a taste of some of their specialties~", chimed the sculptress as she looked up from the menu, going through the list and singling out the few stellan specialties she knew. When the waiter finally passed by their table, Alisa turned her attention to the finely dressed stellan male as she placed her order, "I'll have some huevos rotos, and a glass of manzanilla...", she ordered, turning her attention to Kazimir, arching her brow, "Or two, if you'd like to join me~?"

Far be it from her to order a whole bottle when she her wife was waiting for her back home for lunch, but... A simple glass seemed like a nice way to seal the deal. Regardless, once the waiter took their orders and left them to their devices once more, Alisa leaned into the table ever so slightly, nodding as she ran her hand down her hair, brushing it behind her shoulder,

"Quite well, thank you for asking... Feels like it's been long overdue for us to reunite with her family. I will say, it's quite endearing to watch her once estranged father now doting on his granddaughters~... How about Kari~?", quipped the sculptress, a hint of redness drawing on her cheeks as she cupped them gently, thinking back to the family yet waiting for her in Valerica. They should be returning to Hargeon in earnest before long, though at this rate, they'd at least have a chance to bring their respective members some refreshing news, "Indeed, it seems to me like... It's been a while since our guilds had a moment like this. We've stood together for ages now, and it seems to me like... The country needs the two of us together now more than ever."

Strength is also Beauty

"New year, new day~"
- Alisa Vollan

#5Kazimir Seiryu 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:58 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
"Yeah, that's true. I'm surprised they can live in safety with them just marching around," Kaz leaned back in the chair with his attention turning from the dinos and back to Alisa. He returned thew soft chuckle at the strange environment they found themselves in.

"That's good. I've been wanting to explore this place a little more." He waited as Alisa delighted in the menu of traditional delicacies offered. The wind mage stayed true to his routine and ordered the same thing he always had. "I hear they have great food. I'm interested to see how they make their pancakes." For someone as traveled as Kaz, his pallet for food stayed rudimentary. "Oh...Sure why not," He shrugged. After all, it was a special occasion now, and one that was overdue.

A warm smile swept his face, "Glad to hear it. So you've taken this time to get closer to her side of the family?" He asked, still knowing relatively little about the woman. mostly through reputation and tidbits from Kari. "How are the daughters?"

"Kari is doing well. We are primarily just focused on the kids now. Never thought I'd say that" he gave a small laugh, with a hand on the back of his head.

Kaz folded his hand's ontop of each other, resting on the table. The thought of years of politics and conversation just like this swam through the corners of his mind. From one group to the other. "True. Fairy Tail and Blue Pegasus have been close for a long time. I still feel as though I've only been a part of the guild recently even though it's been two years. I've missed some of the rich historical connections. But I hope to change that. Its nice to be able to rekindle things. I don't know if you were able to spend much time with the former guildmaster."

He let her last words simmer in his mind. "People's races of suddenly changed. An influx of enumerable spell casters and beasts being able to cast spells now...I fear things are headed toward chaotic situations." He squeezed his hand gently.

"I agree. We should stand together for whatever comes. And if something threatens the safety of the people." He didn't know if she had any specifics she wanted to go over as far as what exactly that meant. But Kaz assumed they would face threats together and support one another. Nonetheless, he left a pause between them, to see if she wanted to elaborate on anything.

#6Alisa 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:08 pm

Alisa

WORDS: 730 | TAG: @Kazimir Seiryu | GUILDMASTER 

Indeed, few sights felt quite as uncanny as the thought of people living side by side with such behemoths, in harmony of all things... She could get used to this, but quite honestly, she wasn't sure she ever would:

"Ufufu~... Indeed... The fact that it feels so alien compared to Fiore... Only makes it more intriguing~", mused the sculptress, pushing the menu further away, elbow resting on the table as she watched the beasts passing by, every step making the ground tremble underfoot, "Mmm, I've heard as much... No time like the present, right?"

Great food and wine, not that Fiore was any slouch in either of those things either... Fiorian cooking was hard to beat, but also quite distinctive. They prized the freshness of ingredients above all else, after all... But Stellan cooking. They had distinctive influences from drastically different cultures, and it showed, down to every aspect of their society, food included:

"Mmmm, feels like that's been long overdue, and after we had the girls, well... Seemed like neither of us could put it off any longer.", she rose a hand over her mouth, an audible giggle leaving her lips, "Quite well, they really love the air of Valerica. They even sleep more soundly here if you can believe that~"

Alisa leaned back into a chair with a heavy sigh, adjusting her loose garment back over her shoulder as she shot her gaze skyward once more, idly cupping her cheek with a satisfied smile on her face:

"You and me both really~...", the mere fact that she was standing her before him as Blue Pegasus Guildmaster proved as much, after all, she'd have never even dreamed of it if anybody asked where she saw herself in 10 years, back when she joined the guild, "Life has a way of turning upside down when you least expect it hmm?"

Her brow arched, nodding when she listened to the man whose views she'd very much shared, down to the almost exhasperated, awkward look when he mused on her closeness to the past Guildmasters:

"Belladonna was... Notoriously hard to reach, and Lance wasn't much better. Only now that I'm sitting on their chair do I understand why."

As he outlined his hopes for their alliance, she couldn't help but feel something nagging at the back of her head. Something almost implicit, and yet something she couldn't help but mull over:

"Mmm, of course that goes without saying. I knew we'd help each other if anybody threatened the people, but, the way things are now... It feels like we could see a threat to the whole country before anybody has their eyes on us?", Alisa arched her brow, a nod to the rumours she'd been hearing lately, of the two dark guilds yet remaining having been up to no good these past few years. She still had grim memories from the war, about what dark guilds could do if they grew too powerful...

But Light guilds were not an inquisition. Even back when Alisa herself dedicated every waking moment to that cause, not for a second did she presume her guild to serve that purpose. Unlike some voices would have you believe, stamping out evil was the Rune Knights' job. Light Guilds protected their homes out of loyalty, benevolence, or a simple sense of debt to the cities where they made their home, but they were never mandated to. And they certainly wouldn't leave their homes unprotected. Unlike the Knights, their Guild Halls, no matter how powerfully warded, couldn't withstand an assault for long. Their home bases lacked a permanent garrison of mage hunters... But regardless of their individual feelings on the king of the monarchy in general, fact of the matter was, they now had a good king for the first time in decades, one who hadn't even clawed his way to power through dubious means like his predecessor:

"If by some unfortunate chance we're called to protect the kingdom... Let us stand as one.", Fiore had a history of bad kings. Enslaving their people, waging bloody civil wars. Things had changed now. Alisa's eyes narrowed with a determined look in her eyes, knowing their respective children now had a chance to live in a peaceful land, "As long as the King does right for the people... We'll return the favour."

Strength is also Beauty

"New year, new day~"
- Alisa Vollan

#7Kazimir Seiryu 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:17 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
"Having kids will put things on a different path. That's for sure," Kaz rested his chin in the palm of his hand. It was true as much for Alisa and Sofia as it was for him now too. It was a busy two years for both of them.

"Maybe You'll end up moving down here if they like it that much," Kaz joked about the children sleeping more soundly here than back home. He and Karisa still had to decide on what permanent living situation they would have. Finish building the home that she wanted. A giant step made the glasses wobble on the table, ever so slightly.

A lopsided smile snuck onto the wind mage's face "Yeah It does," He replied to his own life turning upside down. He held back the faint wisp of weariness in his mind. He enjoyed the constant change and being Guild master. But moving from one leadership position to the next and seeing the string of death that accompanied it had weighed on him.

"It's a chair that does have a knack for creating distance. I only met the Fairy Tail Guildmaster on their way out. And I've never met any of the ones from Blue Pegasus...Well except for you," he added with a fleeting chuckle. He had at least heard of Belladonna, but Lance was a complete mystery.

Kaz leaned back with a deep sigh. One thumb rubbed across the back of his folded hands. "Yeah. I've heard rumors of the same. It's been a while since a dark guild has done anything. Nothing crazy since the awakening of that dragon. But a country-wide threat," he shook his head at the thought of how much destruction that would bring. "If it happens, of course we will do what we can and stand together." Kaz was reminded in many ways about his time in the rune knights. tasked with enforcing the law. In many ways it made him wonder how much difference there was between the knights and what people saw as the responsibilities of the light guilds.

Kaz stared back into the White Empress's determined gaze. To protect the king again? Was it the place or duty of the light guilds? And in the event of an uprising or political battle, he had to weigh how close he wanted to be to the king's side. "King Reign seems like he has worked with the commoners so far. If the kingdom and the people are threatened then Let's fight side by side," he brought his glass up for a toast, "As long as the king does right by the people." Kazimir had no problem protecting the current situation if the king continued to give his ear to the people and progress their lives.

"Hopefully we can enjoy a bit more time of peace though. But Fairy Tail will be ready when the time comes." He let a moment linger in case Alisa wanted to say anything else.

"There is one more thing I wanted to speak with you about. It would seem a fairly new guild has started. Do you know anything about them...Infinity Wolves?"

#8Alisa 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:00 am

Alisa

Alisa nodded, glacing up at the passing behemoths with a soft smile on her face... Never in a million years did she imagine she'd default to this kind of person once she had a family of her own. But she now came to understand plenty of things she never would have a few years ago:

"Fufu, maybe~... We'll have to retire some day after all~", she giggled, hand raising over her mouth as she returned the knowing look, understanding fully well how she couldn't be Guildmaster forever, nodding as she ran a hand up her forehead, brushing those loose dark locks away from her eyes as a humbled, understanding smile drew on her lips, "Well, you met the other Guild masters almost as much as i did~"

She'd been trying to change that, even if it meant throwing regular parties and festivities for her guild and their allies to enjoy, creating those moments away from work where they could all meet and mingle with companions they'd otherwise never meet. In the end, she could want for nothing more. A peaceful era after the years of constant turmoil, where they could live out their lives without the constant worry of the next great war. And the troubling rise of these new dark guilds directly threatened her wishes, now all the more so when she had children she refused to raise in a war torn land:

"I never expected any less from you but...", Alisa smiled, looking into his eyes, only peeling away from the table, leaning back into her chair, placing her napkin neatly over her lap as the waiter came to deliver their food, "It's always reassuring to find us on the same page like this~"

They had a good king for once, but it felt almost like... King Reign was now becoming a victim of his own success. Many people took him for granted, and came to believe the king, or the monarchy as a whole were no longer necessary:

"Indeed... I don't know about you, but I wouldn't move a finger for a king who oppresses his people.", Alisa's brow twitched as she thought back to her memories of the bloody civil war a few years back, with countless Rune Knights and Light Mages summoned for the defense of a kingdom, one who'd they soon discover had been hiding an abhorrent secret, right under their noses

Alisa had never forgiven herself for that. Could that war had ended sooner if she'd taken a stand against the current king? But at the same time... If the current king who everyone revered was discovered to harbour such insidious secrets... That would mean whichever side she took in the first war didn't really matter in the first place? No, she refused to believe that. If she did, then she'd have cynically resigned herself to the chronic indifference many of her peers suffered from.

"Mmmm... I sure hope it doesn't come to that, but it's as you say. If the time does come... We'll be ready.", in the end, she picked up the glass of white wine the waiter have delivered, raising over the table, offering a toast we a soft chuckle, "Here's to our allience, and may we never need it...~!"

As she took her glass and brought it to her lips with a delighted hum at the fruity, satisfying flavour, her brow arched as she heard took in Kazimir's next question. Alisa paused for a moment, a soft sigh, rubbing her temple with a hint of frustration... Not at Infinity Wolves themselves, but whatever she'd missed that drove them away:

"They're good people. Lee can be immature, but she means well. Most of them came from Blue Pegasus, so I do know them quite well.", she understood they never felt too comfortable with Blue Pegasus, a guild who nurtured a more cosmopolitan outlook to life. The ones who left felt more at home in the wilderness, but... She still felt a measure of concern by how so much of their mindset revolved around the differences between races.

She still didn't know the answer. Did they feel self conscious about their differences and decided that alone should define them? Or did they come face to face with the endemic discrimination that would warrant such a response. She always looked beyond one's race when judging a person's worth... For someone who was blind to the conditions of one's birth and looked only to their accomplishments in life, the idea of being so hung up on accidents of birth rubbed her the wrong way. Their benevolence united the two guilds, but their views on race divided them:

"They press a bit too hard on the 'us versus them' dichotomy, as though every human despises non-humans and needs to be enlightened...", these stark differences in philosophy and outlook to life stood out like the sunbeams bearing down from the skies, but... At the same time, she shrugged and shook her head, not presuming to understand the hardships another person could have gone though, "I don't know, maybe they just had bad experiences with humans and I couldn't see it? I know nobody in Blue Pegasus would have treated them differently, but what of everyone else? I'd have stopped it otherwise, but..."

Another pause as Alisa took yet another sip of her wine... Their departure marked her, if nothing else... Shortly after, she wound up taking her frustration out on that baker, as soon as she sensed his mistreatment of Vyra might be fueled by a reason as petty as the girl's demi human heritage. But that was too little, too late...

Strength is also Beauty

"New year, new day~"
- Alisa Vollan

#9Kazimir Seiryu 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:40 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
"oof, that's the truth. I'm already putting some thought into it," The mage smiled. "I may just become a vampire again, to get a few more years of work. I don't think I could live a passive retirement," he took a drink of his water. Light gleamed off the clear glass.

"Thank you," he replied at her knowing he would be there for her guild. The wind mage moved his drink and silverware to the side, making room for the stack of pancakes. One of the little-known and most important reasons he walked away from the vampiric life. "Yes. it's nice to have the talk and get everything out in the open." He gleamed a smile as much for her as it was for the pancakes. He was pleased that the conversation went so well, but he never expected it not to.

"Yeah...When I was a knight. That line and all those secrets made it hard to see the truth. But time reveals all. This land has seen enough oppression," He paused before plunging the fork into the pancakes to respond to Alisa. His thumb rubbed the handle of the fork as he thought about the strife of the past on the land.

"It's hard to think about what I may have done differently," he finally took his first bite of the pancake that soothed his uneasy thoughts about the past.

"May we never need it," He repeated back with an affirmative nod. "Although I suspect I'll try to sneak into more of your famous parties now. I've stayed home a lot to protect the guild when it seemed everyone was trying to conquer lands," he said with a big piece of pancake hanging on the end of his fork ready to be consumed. He had heard many tales of the woman's gift for festivals but had yet to really make it to one.

Kaz popped his head back up to see the woman rub her temple. The wind mage was not exactly sure about all the dealings of Infinity Wolves or who they were, but he was regretful that he may have tiptoed on a sensitive topic. He slowly swallowed and set down his utensils, neatly.

"Lee...I haven't spoken to her really in years now." He was a page in the knights when they first met. She was the first person he had met since coming to Fiore. His introduction into the world. "I see. She was... impulsive when I knew her. But always did try to do what was right." She was fiery but a great force against wrongdoers. He was at least happy to hear she was finding a place in this world.

"I had no idea about the split. Sorry...it can be tough to try to make sense of something like that," Kaz added, knowing what it was like to have splits and factions appear within a group and navigate it. And all the ways it can feel like a leader's fault.

"Ah. I had heard they were a demi-human focused group. Wondered how deeply that ran. Sounds like it would make it difficult to reach out to others that way. Are they living gout more isolationist?" While he had always thought that everyone should find a place they can call home. He felt it could be dangerous to begin something with such a...defined group identity. He worried it would make more divides than it would mend. "I'm glad they could find a place they feel safe. But I'm sorry that they didn't seem to feel that way with you. We haven't spent much time together. But I do know that anyone would feel more than welcome in your guild and around you." It was a terrible feeling for any guild master or leader to try and untangled in their mind. The ever infectious reason why.

"You're right. It's hard to know what goes on within a person's life. Have you talked to them since then?" It was no secret that Kaz had a rocky relationship with guilds and factions in the past, either. From the Knights to the Inquistion.

#10Alisa 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:26 am

Alisa

"Ufufufu~... Lucky you~", she winked, folding her arms under her chest, resting them over the table as she shot him a sly, knowing smile, "Humans don't get more than a few decades in their prime... So I'll defenitely have to think about retirement sooner rather than later."

She did achieve a higher level of power as a human for a while, seeing it as little more than just the fruits of her training... But she hadn't been able to access that power since. In the end, she was still just a human, regardless of the level of strength she now held being something far outside the reach of most humans. And she wasn't going to change that anytime soon:

"Now that we have our own people to lead, it's easy to understand how rulers so easily fall into that trap. To hide their intentions behind a veil of secrecy... Keep that going long enough, and they reach a point where their power depends on that secrecy. And once that happens, they can do nothing but crush what dissent they find... And it seems as though so few of them see anything wrong in that...", Alisa shook her head, thinking back to her decisions as a Guildmaster, how she always strove for openness and transparency... Would she feel differently if she had to rule an entire country? Still, for all her understanding, there was one point she couldn't budge on, "But the moment they put their needs before everyone else's, they have no right to rule over anybody."

Principles like those set her, Kazimir and Kurisa apart from the average ruler... Regardless of each and every one of their views on the monarchy, all of them shared the same love for the people who harboured their guilds, something that not all of those in power shared. Thankfully, they had a king who could keep those baser urges in check and rule the country fairly. That alone was worth treasuring:

"Oh dear, I'm almost hurt that you'd feel the need to sneak into them~...You know, you're always welcome to join them if you can find the time~", with a coy, playful smile, Alisa leaned back into her chair, hand raising over her chest, soon arching her brow as she looked into his eyes.

In the end she merely winked, not about to chide a fellow guildmaster when she knew all too well just how demanding the job could be, all the more so with all the pressure for Guilds to act as Dukedoms. That was only a temporary solution for a weakened government, and now that the government had grown stronger, they had far more leeway than before:

"Indeed, I'm glad the Kingdom decided to step up to its role as ruler. Light Guilds can rule these lands just fine, as we've proved... But that was never really what they were meant to do?"

Alisa tilted her head softly, plopping another slice of revuelto into her mouth, silently noting how she probably let a bit of her personal feelings peer through. Between her and her brother in law, she didn't necessarily feel a need to hide it, but couldn't help but feel she'd unwittingly dragged him into one of her personal conundrums. Alisa nodded, her smile fading slightly as she turned her gaze to her food:

"Mmm, that's alright... I wouldn't want them to stay with us against their will, not of a blind sense of loyalty either. Not necessarily isolationist, but they're apprehensive enough towards humans, and by extent, the country itself.", she shook her head, thinking back to what she loved about her guild, the liberating feeling of being yourself. The very essence of Blue Pegasus stood against the idea of one staying there against their will, "So long as they're happy and remain true to themselves, that's enough for me but... I'll always wonder... Will others come to share their views without me being none the wiser?", but in the end, she smiled softly at his words of reassurance, looking up from her wine as she noted, "I appreciate it~"

Another low, breathy sigh as she took a long gulp from her wine, that savoury sweetness contrasting with the unpleasant aftertaste of what happened in her guild. Alisa couldn't change the past, but she'd defenitely do everything she could to prevent any others in her guild, or in Hargeon to feel the same was as her former guildmates. She shook her head once more:

"Not much, really... They have rather powerful mages in their ranks, so I know their safe at the very least.", she spoke, a measure of reassurance as she thought back to Raymus, Atani and Lee, not to mention Lee had managed to bring her cousin into the fold. Kon in particular was one of the strongest mages in Fiore, someone she trusted even if they rarely ever saw eye to eye. He wouldn't turn away his own family, "I'd hope at least some of them come to our next festival, that would give us a fine chance to catch up... Which reminds me~"

She appreciated Kazimir's support... All the more reason why she wouldn't let the man get bogged down in her personal woes for long as her smile returned and Alisa once more leaned into her table:

"...We do have a festival planned out in Hargeon fifteen days from now. Everyone in Fairy Tail is invited, naturally, though something like this could give us a chance to meet up with our fellow Guildmasters... Not every day we have a chance like this~"

Strength is also Beauty

"New year, new day~"
- Alisa Vollan

#11? 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:42 pm

?
When on Earthland, do as the Earthlanders do.

Asking for directions? Totally normal and not suspicious at all.

"Hello, I apologize for interrupting you two. Could you please point me to the nearest beach?"

Nailed it.

#12Kazimir Seiryu 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:56 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
He rose his hands slightly and with a lopsided smile, "It's not great. I couldn't enjoy pancakes after all," he said making light of the vampiric change and the unsavory desire for blood. The wind mage wondered if staying a werewolf forever would be his path this time or not.

"Yeah...a shame how quickly power and lies can corrupt a person and then bleed into a nation," he could see the passion building in her eyes and the growing resolution in her voice. "Absolutley. If you take on the role of a leader. It must be to put the people first. Especially to reside over all the people of the land. " He thought about the ruling government and the laws in place. Some of them he didn't agree with and there was always a tense feeling on how dark and neutral guilds were determined. He didn't always trust the judgment, or perhaps there were better ways to stop people from falling into dark magic. Kazimir too harbored a few secrets, or rather topics people had forgotten about over the years.

Kaz looked away with his elbow resting on the chair and his face resting on his fist in response to her coy words. An airy chuckle came from his nose and wafted over his knuckles as his eyes shifted back to hers. "Well. I'll certainly have to make time for your next one now," he replied jovially. "A formal invite and all. I'll make some free time. After all, what's life if you can't enjoy it from time to time." It was refreshing to be able to sit and just chat, especially with someone that shared the same troubles of the world and leadership. They both had seen Fiore reshape itself more than once.

Kaz gave an extra dollop of syrup across his pancakes. Alisa spoke closer to the heart about the guilds and the government. Kaz leaned his face to the warm sunlight pouring across them. "During most of the chaos, I served as A rune knight or a faction of them. I always saw our job as to deal with criminals and held Guilds as something separate. taking on quests to better themselves while helping the people. I was worried when the Knights were disbanded that it would put too much pressure on the guilds to feel that void. It was a bad choice, I think. And I'm glad things are sitting more normal now." The wind mage said, never being one to shy too far away from voicing what he felt in a gentle way. Having worked so closely with nobility put a feeling of indifference on to him, but he was glad to see the new direction.

"Of course," he replied to Alisa not wanting members there against their will. They were both big proponents of freedom. "We can never tell the workings of someone else's mind. Or how people will change," Kaz swirled the glass of wine but set it back down without taking a sip. "The only reason I made my way into Fairy Tail was that my faction fell apart. Times changed for all of us, with the downfall of the knights and we ended up all going separate ways. But Now I have the chance to form strong bonds once again. The ebb and flow of life has been both painful and rewarding." He added, but he wasn't bitter about it. It was a pleasant memory to look back on.

"Just like I'm sure you will always have people around you," he finished.

"Ah, that's good to hear. Glad they will be safe enough to weather a storm. I hope the reunion goes well."
Kaz assumed by the way she spoke she, had no hard feelings towards them about it. He hoped that it was not an awkward reunion for any of them.

Kaz cocked a brow as the woman leaned forward. She had a look on her face, that could only mean, a festival. After all...that's what they were known for. "Yes?"

"Oh...fifteen days...I'll try my hardest to be there for it Sister. Meeting with the others would be a good idea. The only one I have yet to talk to is Lee. And the guild masters should all get together at some point.' Kaz opened his mouth to ask for more information and ran his hands through his hair with one eye closed, ready to ask the difficult question about attire.

Before he could get the words out a terrifying presence appeared next to the two of them. Kaz felt a shiver run up his spine. A defensive flicker of magic sparked with the mage. A small breeze ruffled the table cloth as something close to an Angel appeared next to them.

"Oh...uh...yeah..That's all you want?" Kaz asked and began to point towards the beach area. "If so...it's that way. You'll pass by the tourists shopping areas on the way." Kaz left his hand in the air, pointing in the direction but with an eye on the strange being. "And no worries...Glad we could help?" Kaz said in more of a question than a statement.

#13Alisa 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:53 am

Alisa

Yup, all the more reason why she'd never turn to Vampirism... Even if, she had to admit, it must be a rather effective way to preserve one's youth, at the cost of all the little pleasures in life. No longer would she able able to freely run along the shoreline on a sunny summer day. But for many people, power is worth every sacrifice they need to make to obtain them, and the worst examples of this often sit atop a throne:

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

As she recited that old proverb, knowing that no guildmaster with a level head would ever truly grasp the weight of holding an entire nation in your own two hands. Alisa sighed, reminding herself why they needed to keep a watchful eye on their rulers. For the time being at least, the citizens of Fiore could enjoy a time of relative peace, all the more reason for the Guildmasters themselves to join them:

"I'll look forward to seeing you there~", she added, idly stirring her glass of wine and taking a sip as her smile widened, brow arching as he accepted her invitation, chuckling as she nodded at his words, "Indeed... Even for us Guildmasters, no, all the more so for us Guildmasters. We always need to try and make some time for ourselves hmm?"

Alisa defenitely tried her damndest, after all she had her children to look after, a wonderful wife she loved moer than anything, and still had that disciplined dedication to keeping herself fit, constantly training her body to reach ever greater levels of strength and power. For the Kingdom to shirk its duties as the rulers and protectors of these lands... That never sat well with Alisa too, and thus she nodded at those words:

"Try as they might, the Light Guilds can't quite match the Rune Knights as a peacekeeping force.", from the unmistakable gaps in manpower and a fortress for a home base, to the very drive of the Light Guild members. Law abiding citizens who sought to make a living using their magic... The fact that they had magic and used it responsibly didn't make them police officers.

Her elbow came to rest on the table as she guided another forkful into her mouth... She actually didn't know too much about his personal life beyond his many accomplishments as a Mage, but knew better than to pry... Still, she hung off each and every word:

"If I remember correctly, you founded Phoenix Feather hoping to fill the void the Knights left...?", she inquired, brow arching, not feeling a need to point out the obvious... Thinking back to those earlier words, the difference between Light Guilds and the Rune Knights... Kazimir probably into that problem with his first guild, but in the end, "In the end, seems to me like Fairy Tail is all the better off for it, and you seem to be doing quite well for yourself there too."

Alisa nodded, knowing that even if the guild itself didn't work out, all of its members had done well for themselves, and in the end that's anything a good guildmaster can ever hope for:

"You and me both, really~...", she replied, that hint of awkwardness at the thought of meeting a long lost relative whom you still weren't quite sure why they'd left in the first place... Hopefully, having all of them in one place should help break the ice a little bit... All the more so once Kazimir expressed his interested in meeting the others, "Mmmm, I haven't had a chance to speak to Noel either, since he left for Crime Sorciere..."

She leaned back into her chair as she glanced back at the passing behemoths, and the clouds overhead... She and Sofia always had a fairly good relationship with Noel, so she could only hope his new adventure was treating him well... Though before they could continue, Alisa's breath hitched as an unfamiliar voice reached out to them, a being she'd never seen before, brow raising when the... Tourist? Came up to them, the person's appearance unlike anything she'd ever laid eyes on before. Her left eye turned white on reflex, an instinctive reaction not unlike that of the gust blowing from the other side of the table. Alisa was used to interacting with people from different races, yet the appearance of a new arrival defenitely warranted her attention, one that turned into mere baffled curiosity when the question reached her ears. For the time being, Alisa pushed her curiosity aside and nodded to Kazimir's direction, shooking him a quizzical look:

"Indeed, it's a bit of a long walk, but you should spot the sea stretching out ahead of you about halfway along the path.", nodding at his words, Alisa cradled her cheek with one hand, smile drawing on her lips as she turned to the mysterious being.

If anything, they looked like something out of the holy scriptures, a Seraphim? No, the idea of a seraphim merely walking around was preposteruous at best, and she always had the impression that they looked relatively ordinary when venturing across Earthland.

In the end, Alisa could only turn that inquisive look to Kazimir, looking into his eyes, silently questioning whether he had clue about the new arrival.

Strength is also Beauty

"New year, new day~"
- Alisa Vollan

#14? 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:10 pm

?
It was obvious that this appearance was still considered unusual. At least, that is what the boy's puzzled expression told him.

As the boy and girl were giving him directions, he carefully studied their appearances.

"Thanks, I appreciate your assistance."

It must have been millennia ago since he had come here. Everything had changed since then.

"Also, don't bother telling anyone else, they won't believe you," he said while altering his appearance to match theirs.

Ever since he had appeared next to them, the concept of time had changed. It was only the three of them that continued within a fraction of a second.

"It has been a while since I donned this form."

Suddenly, a young child appeared in the distance and started to run towards the man. Despite the absurdity of the situation, it must have been clear to the two that this child was also unaffected by the alteration in time.

"Dad, are we going to the beach?"

The kid was shy and grabbed his dad's white suit while hiding behind his leg. Still, his curiosity got the best of him. The kid started to peek from behind his dad's leg and stare at the strangers.

"Yeah, Lou, as promised."

The man took his son's hand and started to walk in the direction of the beach. Somehow, when his son found that item and wished for a place that made him truly happy, he appeared by his side again as a child. Perhaps it was a second chance.

"Thanks again."

As the man and his child disappeared in the distance, time began to move normally again.

#15Kazimir Seiryu 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:18 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
"There are so many knights and they have a fortress. It was crazy to think that guilds could keep up with the workload. And nor should hey have." Kaz voiced as it was a matter that was close to him. Having lived through the transition and the founded of a guild to try and solve that issue.

The wind mage smoothed out the table cloth as she mentioned Phoenix Feather. It was a bitter-sweet memory. "Yes. A short-lived attempt at it. A few of us wanted freedom from the monarchy but to keep regulating the peace. So it was meant to be a splinter cell. In the end, the separation left both sides without enough to carry on," he shook his head and then hoped that Alisa didn't feel the same way about the split with IW. Although, BP had been around for a long time and he doubted it would go anywhere.

"I'm glad that we tried. And I'll always be thankful for the ones that joined me. We were all so hopeful back then. But I haven't seen any of them since the split. And I had some personal things to deal with as well." He made eye contact with the woman once more and softly smiled. "Thank you. I actually was thinking about Joining Blue Pegasus after Phoenix Feather fell apart...but then I found out Adriana was my god mother and that changed a few things." he laughed and took a swig of the wine.

The angelic being began to question them. Kazimir returned Alisa's gaze with a hint of confusion in his own. His wind died down at the simple question being asked.

"Won't believe us about what?" Kaz began to ask when his eyes widened as the being took on a face that was a mix of the two mages. The man's voice wasn't soft, but it felt like a continual threat to the wind mage.

"What are you?"
Kaz asked as he studied the features of the being and tried to match his scent to anything he had encountered before. Kaz gazed around the area seeing everyone halted in time except for them. Whoever this was had immense power. As far as the mage could see, time had stopped.

Kaz watched the small child rush forward in a strange dimensional meeting both absurd and casual. "Uhm...no problem," Kaz said as the man turned to head to the beach, and time began to flow again. It felt like the wind mage could breathe again.

"Alisa...what do you...make of all that?" Kaz flexed his hand making sure he was still moving in normal time.

#16Alisa 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:53 am

Alisa

"I'm sure you all learned plenty from the experience, and that made you all better mages in the end.", Alisa smiled, nodding at the man's experiences, for the most part not commenting too much, for she felt ill informed on such matters... She'd never been a knight herself, nor completely understood the drive of those who devoted themselves to law and order. It seemed like they'd done well for themselves as a guild during that period, especially when she considered what mages they'd counted among their ranks, "Well, you'd have been welcome here. It does feel like you'd fit in, though at the same time... I'd say you have far more history with Fairy Tail than Blue Pegasus."

She nodded, a soft smile of appreciation as the she appreciated the man's words. She almost wished she could return them, but she'd never really known the inner workings of any guild tha not Blue Pegasus... Still, the arrival of the unknown tourist completely pushed that conversation aside as the two Wizard Saints focused on the being, his appearance slowly transforming into something resembling the two of them, like a mirror of the ones he spoke to. She felt a shiver of unease shoot down her spine at how easily one could take her appearance as such, but betrayed no such apprehensions as she indulged in her curiosity:

"Why would they not believe us meeting someone asking for directions...?", she smiled, her tone playful and lighthearted, sensing no sign of show of hostility from the unknown being... Though coy, her words illustrated her bafflement all too well... Just who was this man, out here touring Stella with his son? Could she even call him a man at all?

Honestly... She had the distinct impression that if he had any hostility towards them, they would probably be dead before they could mount any semblance of defense here. Alisa looked towards Kazimir, seeing no need to repeat his question but echoing his curiosity as she looked back to the man, flashing a soft, friendly smile to the child hiding behind his leg, waving at him as the man soon excused himself:

"You're quite welcome. Enjoy your time at the beach~"

Only when he walked away did Alisa truly register how everyone else around them seemed to have phased out of existence, eyes shooting wide at the thought of somebody having enough power to stop time without any significant effort. Even Kurisa posessed an insanely powerful time magic, and she lacked the ability to do anything of the sort... No, whoever that was, he was dimensions apart from them. With that shocked, baffled look on her face, Alisa quickly picked up her glass and took a good long sip, stirring the glass, watching what remained of the pale yellow nectar as she folded one arm under her chest:

"Your guess is as good as mine.", she shrugged, still trying to make sense out of what or who it was they'd seen. She took another sip, all but finishing the glass in one gulp, "At first I assumed he was a Seraphim, even though I've never met one personally... Not to mention Seraphim aren't supposed to be this powerful, or have children... And more importantly... They're not even supposed to be in Earthland at all. Honestly, the only heavenly, allmighty being I can think of who could do all this is..."

Now, Alisa wasn't really religious... But like any other citizen born and raised Fiore, she'd been raised in the dominant Illuminian religion. Her mother took her to church and taught her to pray, even if she'd never cared much for it. She still believed in Illumin, of course, though not how the church portrayed Him. And now here she was... A faithless woman facing a crisis of faith:

"...No, surely that's impossible...", though the mere notion earned an awkward, elegant laughter as her smile returned to her face, "And can you imagine what people might say? If they found out we saw God, that he looked like us, and wanted to find the beach? People have been burned alive for less~"

In the end, she did what any reasonable human would when thrust face to face with a mystery defying all form of comprehension: Alisa rose one finger into the air, catching the attention of a passing waiter as she spoke up:

"More wine if you would, a bottle this time."

Strength is also Beauty

"New year, new day~"
- Alisa Vollan

#17Kazimir Seiryu 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:38 am

Kazimir Seiryu
"Hardships will do that. In the end, the journey was worth it. What about you? have you been in Blue Pegasus your whole time" he asked not really knowing even that detail about her life. he assumed she was, as he never heard of her in relation to another guild, but who could know.

He smiled and stabbed his fork into another small piece of pancake. "Thanks. But it does seem I have a deep-rooted connection to Fairy Tail now," He said wondering if the woman knew just how close he really was to joining up with her guild. The idea of a unified guild of power had always had some appeal to him.

Alisa asked her own question to the being but just like that, the entity left with their son. A passive encounter that left the wind mage wondering. Whatever it was, it was certainly heavenly inspired, but not just a seraphim. And it didn't seem like it cared or knew what Kaz had done in the past. With unanswered questions, the being was gone and It was just the two of them again. The people around them started to walk and talk once more, as time settled back into place.

Kazimir gazed around at the spectacle and ran his hand through his hair. Kaz swallowed nothing as Alisa pointed out what it could have truly been. "I've met a Seraphim before. On a couple of occasions. Killed one once," he said settling back into his chair with a bit of a slouch. He didn't even think about how that statement was going to land with someone. "And it was nothing compared to that power. It had to be..." he didn't finish it, still not certain in the absurdity of who it could have possibly been. But it was the only thing that made any sense.

Her reaction put a half-smile on Kaz's face, spurned by how wild the situation was, "We would be marked just for implying he looked like us. Burned alive or worse...Being seen as prophets by the church and never having a moment of peace again," It was more of a joke but either way, their lives would be up-ended if the church did believe them. Kaz had never had a reason to disbelieve in the being, but he followed his own faith.

The wind mage watched where the Angelic being had walked off to. His brow furrowed in thought, "Regardless what he was. God or not. Why here, why now, and why us? He could have appeared to anyone, and yet he chose the faithless" He remarked, given that Alisa hadn't shown any fealty to Illumin, he assumed she was not of the faith.

#18Alisa 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:09 pm

Alisa

"Indeed... I was guildless for a few years when I started my career, and then, I met someone from Blue Pegasus...", with a breathy, reminscing sigh, the sculptress leaned back into her hair, running her hand up her forehead, brushing her bangs away from her eyes as she took in the lone, aloof clouds roaming across the sky not unlike how she herself once was. So much had happened since then... More than 10 years really... Her smile brightened as she thought about those first few days with master Lance, those rare moments she got to spend with the first guildmaster she'd met, "...I suppose something just clicked~... And I've haven't felt the need to look elsewhere ever since."

Even now she still hadn't forgiven them for what they'd done to her Master. But she'd learned to at least let go of her anger, even if she'd never forgive Grimoire Heart for what they did. Something she'd always hold against Arthurias, how for all the good the man had done, the amount of blood on his hands made him unfit to lead the country to a better future. Perhaps that was they faced so much instability now, directed against his successor. Master Lance helped her see how there was more to life than her quest, so much more than her desire to kill her hated foes. She had to let go of a lot of anger, towards plenty of people, before she could stand here before Kazimir as guildmaster. And considering the wariness she picked up from him now at the sight of this heavenly stranger, she imagined he might be similar in that regard. They still weren't completely sure who that was, but the name they both guessed at seemed to preposterous to seriously consider:

"Oh...? I'll admit, regardless of how weak or strong the Seraphim you fought might have been... That being, whoever he was... That wasn't somebody we could have done the same to, even working together.", her left eye turned white as though to drive her point home, her ability to sense her surroundings had come in handy on multiple occasions, and even save her life on some of those, "I got the distinct impression that he'd have obliterated us down every last cell before we could have thought to defend ourselves."

And the two of them were anything but pushovers. More so than their titles, they'd both had a chance to see a sliver of each other's power back during the Grand Magic Games, and now, three years after that, both had grown far stronger than that already monumental display. Alisa nodded at his words. A Seraphim, no matter how strong, wouldn't have given her that spine chilling sensation:

"We would be lunatics, heretics or prophets. Possibly all three of those at once~", a wry chuckle left her lips, an awkward, if amused look on her face as the outlandishness of the situation contrasted with her displeasure of how others might view what just happened to them.

She despised all three options equally, and knowing Kazimir, she figured he would too. Alisa held her thought when she caught the waiter returning to their table, brow arching, holding Kazimir's eyes, knowing better than to discuss this topic too openly with random people around to hear it. Still, she merely flashed the man a smile as she brought her the bottle, uncorked it, and promptly poured the two guildmasters a fresh new glass:

"Well, lets assume for a moment that this was indeed Him...", little more than a thought experiment as she followed up his words, stirring the glass in her hands, pausing in her train of thought as she took a big, sizeable sip from her wine, "Though it could have been just a coincidence, perhaps he actively chose people he believed wouldn't randomly try to question or intercept him. Maybe his appearance before his faithful would have caused too big an uproar for His liking. But either of these two scenarios means he either doesn't care about his faithful, or is actively avoiding them. And that...", she paused and took another sip, "Either of those would unravel the Church as we know it."

Indeed, Alisa was not a faithful by any stretch, and from his past, she knew Kazimir wasn't either. The mere idea of killing a Seraphim would have been the most hideous, heart clenching blasphemy for a devout follower of that religion. Alisa herself didn't bat an eyelash at it, for she didn't hold the Seraphim in very high regard either. Following where Kazimir was looking, towards the beach where the heavenly being had gone off to, Alisa continued:

"Why here though... That's the biggest question here is it not? God all the way down here, to find the beach of all things... Honestly, as weird as it is... Looking back on it, it just looked like... A father on vacations with his son?", she added, arching her brow as she returned those wine red hues to her fellow Guildmaster

Strength is also Beauty

"New year, new day~"
- Alisa Vollan

#19Kazimir Seiryu 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:06 am

Kazimir Seiryu
"Seems someone scooped you up pretty quick. I'm glad you found your home and it seems you have flourished there." The wind mage could honestly not imagine the guild without her in it. She had become the staple of what he saw when thinking about BP.

"Absolutely not. I fought that Seraphim and the power I felt from that...entity eclipsed anything I've encountered. He certainly is of a higher level than a Seraphim, by a far margin." He contemplated what all it would take to rise to that power. How does someone even come into being that strong?

The only thing he could do was give a nervous laugh at the thought of being hated and hounded as prophets or heretics. "Guess this is one event we may have to keep to ourselves," he joked, but it was true. At least Kuri would believe him though. No...how could she?

"Thank you," Kaz spoke to the waiter as they had an intermission in dialogue about the god of creation.

The wind mage interlaced his fingers and placed his elbows on the table as they were about to settle into, assuming the man they saw was God. It was still a hard pill to swallow even with the feeling and seeing the power unfold.

"That's what worries me the most. A god that chose not to reveal himself to the people that have dedicated their lives to him. One that doesn't care about demons or angels when they were running wild on the world. I agree,"
It sent a shiver through him, thinking about the structure of the world and all the history with the church. "That would flip everything upside down. Even if they believed us...the church's only option would be to cover it up to maintain power. Because if that's true...then somewhere in the pits of history...there is a master story teller that has manipulated the strings of the world's view." He hated the thought. " Or just history's longest inaccurate game of telephone," he shrugged hoping it was the latter and that over time things just got confused and blended.

It was a relief in many ways though, that the killing of a seraphim was not on the almighty's mind. And they seemed to get along...well enough.

"I think the biggest question is..." He turned back to face Alisa and then looked back down to the beach. "Why does Illumin need directions..." He turned back to her with a laugh. All one could really do in this situation si try to find some humor among the stark implications.

He waited for the moment to settle back in before asking a serious question with eyes met with Ali's, "So then. Assuming that was...Him... Does that change anything for you?"

#20Alisa 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:11 am

Alisa

"Mmmm, for sure... Stronger then Zade or any of the Demons I faced off during the invasion. Feels like either us or them would have been equally irrelevant... Indeed, no question there~"

Another awkward little chuckle as she rubbed behind her neck, before turning her attention back to the food on her plate. Not much remained, and since the rather outlandish distraction she'd all but felt her focus pulled elsewhere. She took another mouthful and nodded, her soft smile fading as the gravity of the situation sank in, at least as far as the church itself... Indeed, the Church of Illumin had built itself from the ground up by the Seraphim's will, without any intervention from the very God they worshipped. The mere fact that already poweful beings invoked His name only betrayed a compulsion for control that validated all the cynicism she'd ever felt towards religion:

"Indeed, I can't help but wonder why. How did the dominant religion in the country turned out like this, absent the attention of its chief deity. When you look at it that way, it means the entire civilization of the southern countries has been built upon a lie. Hate it or love it, that religion has been a focal part of our culture for years."

Alisa gritted her teeth, thinking back to all the devout, good natured people she'd ever met, the virtues their faith inspired in others, much like other widespread religions in turn... All in stark contrast to the decadence and zealotry of the church's upper echelons:

"It just proves that even an omnipotent being has limits. And whatever they are, he seems quite aware of them... If you ask me, that just means He's more like us mortals than they ever imagined.", Alisa draped her arm along the back of the chuch, gaze trailing off towards the distance where the beach would be, a soft smile returning to her lips, finding the Illumin Himself far more relatable than what the Church portrayed him us.

For someone who's only real faith laid in her belief that people could surpass the gods with training and discipline, the idea that even an obscenely powerful being had some limits... Alisa defenitely found something inspiring in that notion, finally tilting her head, scratching her temple as she returned her gaze to Kazimir:

"I... All my life I always belived there was an insurmountable difference between God and what the church says about Him", she sighed, shaking her head as she took another sip, "Been a long time since I felt as furious as I did when Brunhild's cult wanted to burn Saschia to the ground in the name of god.", her fists clenched, almost threatening to crush the delicate glass in her hand, "Whose God, in wonder? Clearly not the same God who just appeared before us now. If He wanted the faithless to burn... Why are we still alive?"

She'd been cynical of religion all her life. Anyone sufficiently educated with enough intelligence would feel the same way. Recognizing that a church is ruled by people, who no matter their race or creed will always look out of their own interests and that of their own. At the same time. Plenty of honest, good natured people sought solace in faith. To revere a higher power, seek solace in it for the things you cannot change. A natural part of a sentient beings like humans, elves and all the other races in Earthland.

"It may mean little to me, but the Church of Illumin was still my mother's faith. The thought of people using it to justify their savagery infuriates me like nothing else. I always knew I had to protect people from zealots who'd use their faith to manipulate them. Whichever faith really... Before i joined Blue Pegasus, i'd look to death cults and demonic rites. But now...", finally answering the question, Alisa's brow furrowed as she realized this encounter had validated her cynicism, "Now I know for sure... Those who use the name of their God to justify their misdeeds are all the same. No matter what faith they claim to profess."

Alisa took another sip, a long, deep breath, taking care not to get too caught up with animosity for enemies who were nowhere near her at the time, simply arching her brow as she focused on the one man she'd knew would understand her woes all too well:

"What of yourself...?", she shot the question back, bringing another mouthful to her lips.

Strength is also Beauty

"New year, new day~"
- Alisa Vollan

#21Kazimir Seiryu 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:00 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
Kaz softly tapped his fork into the pancakes without intending on taking a bit. He listened to Alisa's point about the Church. it was also something that he feared. The foundations of an entire nation hung on the balance of a single name. "Yeah...who was the one pulling the strings. You're right...it has been built on a lie. Something that has shaped the landscape of the nation. Used to liberate people and oppress them. All in the name of a being that doesn't care either way."

Kaz hunted for the truth behind things his whole life. And seeing it face to face now, shook his understanding of the world. It made him angry to think about all the pain that was caused in the name of Illumin that was for nothing. "Can you imagine how many good-hearted people that based their life and their good deeds on Illumin would be crushed to know the truth. How many of them would lose what it was that gave them morality and purpose?" Riots would undoubtedly occur. Even if they could tell people and they would believe...would that even be for the best?

Kaz cocked his eyebrow at what the Empress said next, "More like us huh? I can't say I haven't wondered the same thing. Especially after we have faced off against the threats that we have." He made sure to make eye contact with her. His fork slid down beside his plate, "It almost sounds like you want to rival that power?" he asked, curious about her response.

His eyes gazed down briefly at the fist that was clenching around her glass. "I see. So you were at the Bosco incident?" Kaz asked not really keeping up with what was happening over there. "True. And to choose to meet the faithless. I'm sorry you went through that. Sounds like it was a difficult time. in Bosco. Even here...with the darker dealings of the church, Kaz shook his head.

"Death Cults and Demonic rites?" Kaz titled his head and his tone revealed it was a question for more information.

"It does seem that way. All forged by beings and people with their own agendas."

Kaz folded his hands together as she passed the question back to him. "It makes me rethink my whole life in a way. All the small things seem even smaller now. And I have even more questions than before. If Illumin wasn't the one behind setting the Agenda, what are the goals of demons and angels? Especially angels now? I used to think a few of them were bad but they were mostly good-natured. But now...what is their goal? What was the battle to push them out of Earthland all about?" Kaz squeezed his interlaced fingers together thinking about what all it could mean.

"Feels like dealing with corrupt politicians and rogue mages is an afterthought. The world seems fragile now that I know people are holding onto a false idea of God that gives them so much false confidence. And the things you already talked about...the crimes justified in his name. Honestly...it makes me want to bring the whole church down." He spoke in a more assured and serious voice than he had all day. He wanted to know more.

#22Alisa 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:20 pm

Alisa

"Indeed... The church used the faith of thousands to enforce their power. A being that powerful will understandably be worthy of reverence... Though the church sold people an idea of him that never had any basis in reality, all to further their agenda. Maybe if their agenda wasn't so... Heartless... There wouldn't even be a problem.", Alisa shook her head, brow twitching as she thought back to the abhorrent tactics of the former Divine of Bosco, the atrocities she committed in the name of a God who didn't really care who people worshipped, "...And not to mention all the people persuaded to brutally murder those of a different creed, to die covered in blood believing their Lord would favour them in death... I'd wager those would sooner believe the church than anything we ever told them."

She clenched her fist... Indeed, many good natured people had their faith in a higher power harnessed and controlled. Many who heard the truth wouldn't really believe it... They might even lash out against those who did believe and abandoned their trust in the church:

"Fufu~... That obvious hmmm~?", she winked, a sly smirk drawing on her lips, looking at her clenched fist, "I got this far already... Part of me can't help but wonder how much further I could reach? Seeing somebody that strong, face to face. Honestly just makes me want to train even harder."

Another sip, and a sigh as she shook her head at the brutality she witnessed during the civil war in Bosco. Not unlike the one that took place in Fiore years earlier:

"Fortunately, Bosco is in a better place now... Brunhild and Wilheim aside, any of the other three heirs could lead the country in the right direction."

She had a smidge of a smile as she mentioned the country, noting with a smidge of satisfaction how at least three of the heirs had the country in their hearts. Determined to improve the lives of their fellow citizens and now, hopefully working together to build a brighter future:

"Indeed. I dedicated quite a few years to hunting those down.", Alisa admitted, leaning back into her chair, guiding one last forkful of food into her waiting lips, pausing her train of thought as she ate, "A fruitless endeavor... No matter how many I brought down, others would take their place. Feels like I was merely taking care of the demonic cultists without spending one minute thinking about why they felt the need to revere demons?"

Alisa sighed as her eyes fell back on Kazimir, partly wondering if he, during all his years as a Rune Knight and a greater hero of justice than she'd ever been, if perhaps he might have found the answer to this question. Probably not, she didn't think many people ever would... As the years passed, Alisa had grown to value the why as much as the what when she turned her eyes to her foes, but the angels... She could never wrap her head around them:

"Especially the angels indeed... The demons have simpler goals... To control, dominate and exploit. But the angels. Far be it from me to deem them all good or evil, though if the God they preach doesn't really care about them, and they know it. Why do everything they did so far?", shrugging her shoulders, she brought an idle hand up to her temple, a frustrated sigh leaving her lips, brow twitching as the mere recollection of the Seraphim's misdeeds yet tarnished her views on them, "Back during the demonic invasions, the Seraphim killed as many people as the Demons did, if not more so."

Even now, Alisa felt torn... She respected the faith in Illumin, the same faith her mother shared. She had been raised according to the customs of that religion, the same customs that built Fiore. Belief in a higher power who rewarded the just and punished the wicked... Though she herself never bought it, she knew those ideals helped nurture a functioning society. Thus, she harboured no ill will against the faith itself, but... She couldn't forgive the church for how they'd used that faith to suit their needs:

"Mmmm... Many priests are good natured people who care for their parishes. But the church's leadership is rotten to the core, and meeting Illumin here showed just how far the rot runs.", she nodded in agreement, folding her arm under her full bust, taking yet another sip of her glass as she brought it to her waiting lips, "I can't help but wonder why... I know they're not the benevolent beings the Scriptures claim them to be, but... Why did they go as far as shaping human society around a fake idea of Illumin?"

Leaning into the table, Alisa crossed her arms along the edge, her plate now mostly cleaned, leaving only a half drunk bottle standing between her and Kazimir. She took it, calmly refilling his glass, and then her own, putting the cork back onto the bottle before taking the glass in her hands:

"Well... It seems to me like once again, our interests align~... Whydunit... I always knew the church was corrupt but now, I can't get the question off my head. Why did they do this? So... If ever need help, feel free to call on me. Seems like neither of us can afford to tell anybody else why we're so interested in the Church, or the Seraphim."

Strength is also Beauty

"New year, new day~"
- Alisa Vollan

#23Kazimir Seiryu 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:04 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
"If power is truly all it takes...then anyone has the potential to become a deity. Given it doesn't seem like Illumin would actually spend his time granted powers to the church or dealing in miracles." he shook his head as she continued. All that she said made perfect sense to him. He was thinking things along the same lines. "To think...he didn't even spend the time to correct them when innocents were being slaughtered. It's hard to believe that humanity has done more to protect ourselves than the deity the church wishes to attribute salvation to. We...have to do something about it."

"The world just keeps getting darker, doesn't it," he replied at her clenched fist. A single moment had redefined so many things for him and it seemed for her too.

So it was true...she did want to pursue that kind of power. "I can't blame you. Once you reach a certain point...what once seemed impossible seems a lot more obtainable. Especially with what we have seen already. I've thought about reaching the power of angels...but beyond that...maybe it is possible." The shift in tone to her ambitious goal was quick and fitting of the circumstance. Kaz looked back at her, "Perhaps it's time we trained together to reach that goal." He hadn't thought of it before. But with things being so silent for now. It was the perfect time to train with someone strong.

The topic shifted to her demon-hunting days. "Even if there were things that remained a mystery and others came up to take their place. It's undeniable that you saved lives and made things better. And in the end...it all made you stronger for what is to come." It was a thought that unsettled the wind mage. If they had been fighting pions and lackeys, how deep did the pool go? How many layers of otherworldly beings needed to be combed through. "It may never end...but fighting, will hopefully be worth it. I will fight for as long as I am able." He held back the anger towards angels and demons that he felt but his eyes flared with it.

He sighed thinking back to the incursions, and the troubles that the seraphim also brought with it. "The demons' and angels' goals may not be so separate. Maybe even some demons seek repentance. But...if Illumin is not a part of it...how is the whole process regulated. How are demons and angels formed? Are they predestined down their path or can they choose?" he shook his head again and pushed his empty plate to the side of the table. "If only we could capture and interrogate one. All I know is the one I dealt with was an angel of wrath and sought to bring about wrath into the world. So far that leads me to believe there is at least a sect of angels that represent core emotions." It was a theory he had only given some thought to and the sample size was small. But he intended on following it deeper.

"Yeah... it's terrible for the good ones, stuck under the thumb of the corrupt," he thought about her question and crossed one leg over the other. "To shape humanity...maybe they thought we were too unruly...or maybe...they thought they could garner Illumin's attention if they meddled enough." he hoped that it wasn't the latter of his statements.

"In it together," he smiled back. his shoulders slumped a little, "No one will ever believe. We may even be vilified if we take certain actions. Same. It seems we have our work cut out for us. And I'll be there if you need me. Where do we even begin?"

#24Alisa 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:39 am

Alisa

"Any sufficiently powerful individual is indistinguishable from a deity.", she concluded, nodding in agreement to his word, "As such, there's no difference to killing in the name of a God, Angels or Demons... Or just killing for no reason at all. It's just an excuse."

Alisa smiled... Whether he knew it or not, Kazimir's words hit home, as he all but described one of the chief principles she lived her life by. Her lips curled into a soft, knowing smile, reminded how she always believed training and hard work could let even a mere human reach levels unthinkable to ordinary folks:

"Fufufu~... Took the words right out of my mouth, Kazimir.", Alisa chimed back, a subtle hint of thrill crossing her face, knowing that nobody who reached their level of power ever got this far without this same ambition. The two of them and the woman who bound them with family ties. While her sister pursued power through her mastery of magic, she sought it through her body. As for Kazimir, well... She supposed she'd see for herself soon enough, "We should meet up for a sparring session one of these days."

To push past one's the limits others would stop at and continue growing... A kind of drive any self respecting martial artist understood all too well. They'd need it now more than ever now they realized the heavens kept an unacceptable stranglehold on Earthland's society:

"Mmm, thank you for that. Those people were the reason I kept hunting for as long as I did.", she appreciated his vote of confidence regardless, those inspiring words that she reminded herself of every day. There was a reason to her constant pursuit of strength, and their role as guildmaster, "Indeed, we have a different battle to fight now~ We can make a greater difference by keeping our guilds strong. Together we can protect far more people than we ever could on our own, even if it means we can't take the frontlines as often."

Alisa nodded, taking the wine glass, sipping it every so often as her smile faded. Just like him she couldn't help but muse on the angels motivation:

"Your guess is as good as mine... We can't quite see the world through another's eyes, especially not beings so detached. Though that wouldn't surprise me? Demons follow much of the same reasoning. Each demon lord represents a vice, and his underlings act driven by that same vice.", Alisa shared her own two cents, stirring the glass in her hand, brow arching, hanging off his every word, only to cup her chin as he brought up their couse of action, "Hmmmm..."

Kazimir asked the most important question... What could they do? She didn't believe any mortal in the Church would have the answers they sought. They'd make enemies of the church, and their guilds by extension, with nothing to show for it.

No... To do what they aimed and liberate the faith from the Seraphim's lies... They had to go after the celestial beings themselves. Finding her glass nearly empty, Alisa picked up the bottle and refilled hers and Kazimir's glasses, taking it in hand as she leaned back in her chair, crossing those shapely legs as the loose, flowing fabric of her skirt drifted ever so subtly:

"As you've said, we need to grow stronger... We may be strong enough to take down a Seraphim or two, but I'd imagine the ones with answers won't fall so easily, even with the two of us working together.", she added, stirring her glass gently, casually admiring how the sunlight shimmered as it hit the pale golden nectar inside, "And after that... We need to find a way to actually get our hands on a Seraphim."

Alisa's brow furrowed at these words, her gaze turning back to Kazimir... She'd hunted demons and other creatures of the night before. But she had no experience hunting down heavenly beings. As such she naturally deferred to the only one here who did:

"Ever since the great change, otherwordly beings haven't been able to easily venture into our world... But there have been exceptions. My former apprentice once had the ability to travel between dimensions... These days, I believe that magic belongs to a member of your guild."

Strength is also Beauty

"New year, new day~"
- Alisa Vollan

#25Kazimir Seiryu 

March into the Future[Alisa] Empty Wed May 11, 2022 9:27 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
A sound remark that he nodded back to. He had not until recently put the idea of mortals and deities on the same level. Not until he had seen the power that humanity could obtain. "True."

A smile donned on her face, which surprised the wind mage slightly. As if he had stirred something on accident. A half grin appeared on his own face now and he scratched the back of his head. "Seems we have more than a few things in common." He added, given that they both hunted for something beyond themselves. When was the last time he had even sparred with anyone...let alone someone of this magnitude.

"Sounds good. We'll need to be in top shape,"
he squinted his eyes a little and tilted his head as he looked at her. "You know...I'm not entirely sure how you fight now that I think of it. With so much time having passed too, who knows how many more tricks you've acquired." He joked back, but with an underlying honesty. A woman like her never settled with one level of skill for long.

It was nice to hear someone speak about the greater fight ahead of them. Even having known little about the woman across from him, he understood that if there was anyone that would value the worth of a guild and teamwork it would be her. He didn't need trials on a field of battle to know that he could rely on her, keen intuition.

"Can't take the front lines as often," Kaz replied with a playfully cocked brow, but only for a moment as his face settled with a light sigh. "No matter what happens. I'll probably end up on the frontlines if it means a clash between us and angels and demons." Even as a leader before and a guildmaster now, he had always just marched forward and counted himself lucky enough that others wanted to march alongside him.

He interlocked his fingers and tried to think of an answer to his own question. A few things came to mind, but he wanted to wait for his companion's response. Nothing was setting concretely in his mind either. The path had seemed to run dry. But Alisa had a knack for knowing about the world and was privy to a great deal of information and experiences that may garner some more insights than the wind mage had on changes and subtleties. Especially with the Church.

He agreed. It was a hard battle to take down a seraphim and if they were servants then who knows what might there was still left to unleash. "Yeah...it'll take something grand for us to stand toe to toe with anything like that." He stopped to ponder for a moment, "And I still have a long way to go to fully realize my magic."

"My encounter with the Seraphim...he was trying to harness some of the power from the celestial spirits to create a way home for himself." It was something but not much to go off of. They still had no real leads

"Oh...your former apprentice? You've had some strong people serve under you. But yes Kaito has the ability now. An Aloof member of the guild. You're thinking we use his power to open a gate to the heavens...possible And with the right amount of preparation, an ambush could be effective. Now that they can't readily access our realm they can't spy on us as easily...in theory."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum