Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Larger Avatar Dimensions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Erebus2 

Larger Avatar Dimensions. Empty Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:18 am

Erebus2

As it currently stands, avatars are decent sized, but pretty small. I recommend we use 170x350. Or maybe something else if anyone has a better suggestion. It makes the avatars a little more appealing in my opinion and the dimensions don't affect the posting field at this size, to my knowledge. Below I have used my own avatar as an example of the size differences. For you to compare.

Larger Avatar Dimensions. C8f122673a

vs.

Larger Avatar Dimensions. C8f122673a

In addition to the larger avatar suggestion, I recommend we're given a few more lines of a signature. I can barely fit a small image in there, let alone a nice one. So I wanted to throw that out there too.

Larger Avatar Dimensions. 5oJEfCBQ_o
#2Arthur J. Sokolov 

Larger Avatar Dimensions. Empty Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:23 am

Arthur J. Sokolov
Full support on this one, some art for FCs are super nice, yet so big that cropping them always leaves a significant part out of the canvas. Increasing it the dimensions Erebus suggested would be subtle yet enough to get over with that effect.

Along with the signature part which I agree, It'd be also nice to add some more size allowance for the pictures. Some people like gif signatures that look really rad, but I bet the file size makes it difficult to make effective ones.

Larger Avatar Dimensions. Untitl16
#3Kon 

Larger Avatar Dimensions. Empty Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:29 am

Kon

I personally would love to see an increase in the file size for an avatar as 64 kb is exceedingly difficult to fit into in particular with gifs as for a larger avatar size that's good but some people don't even use the current size itself and they would probably be encouraged to use that before we move to an even larger sized avatar.

#4Assama Sinclair 

Larger Avatar Dimensions. Empty Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Assama Sinclair
I'm indifferent about the avatar size, but I definitely would like more lines for the signature.

Larger Avatar Dimensions. Xw4RJjG
#5Naga 

Larger Avatar Dimensions. Empty Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:11 am

Naga
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll reply to the three suggested parts:

• The current avatar size won't be changed since we're already quite an image heavy forum. Also, the use of signatures already make short posts longer than necessary. This is why our profiles are now hover based so they don't stretch out posts for no reason.
  • The same goes for signature lines, people tend to get a bit out of control with them and with the current limit we're giving the choice between full utilization for image purposes or making cuts in image size and using some lines for text.
  • The file size for images is determined by Forumotion and can't be altered, unfortunately. The way to bypass this is by uploading your image on imgur and then using that link to change your avatar.

Regards,

Jyu

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum