Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

venus and vulcan [nq]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Briar Caidh 

venus and vulcan [nq] Empty Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:15 am

Briar Caidh
Briar tamped around Vesper in full circles - he was brimming with his excitement for the day, previous nerves forgotten due to the rush of last evening's performance and the call-back for an encore tonight. He did little skips & prances as the two chatted about and along their way returning to the Marigold grand theater the second morning in a row.

They were told after the show that this production of Beauty & the Beast was always meant to be a multi-day recital and they were wanted to be hired on for the second - and third, if they're able! - day(s). The two saw little reason to refuse and this was an invigoration for Briar, chatting the rest of that night until they had to split back to their own homes and meet again in the dawn: only for him to continue where he left off, babbling about how fun the show had been and how well Vesper had done. Briar's absurd animation was not a rare occurrence, but he rarely had the option to ramble this long, let alone without being ushered to relax until the embarrassment rang in. He had found a passion to share with Vesper, and there was nothing stronger to Briar than passion.

"I'm tellin' ya', Ves, you were a riot. Golly, all that "oooohh, Lumiere, you scoundreeelll~"",
he trilled in an attempt at Vesper's theater voice, though his could especially not dip that low. It cracked, and he giggled, and he spun in place while holding tight to his staff. "Ehehehee. It was real good, it was, and you were just the cutest darn clock durin' Be Our Guest - I-I mean, I'm duly sorry for my own silliness durin' the show 'n all that, uhm, Lumiere was a touch of a goof, but gee willikers pally you rocked your first show! I can't wait for tonight's ~" He beamed, grinning with all his teeth until his eyes were forced to squint shut.

[ 319 ]

#2Vesper 

venus and vulcan [nq] Empty Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 pm

Vesper
Soft words from an excitable,  eager boy persist even after they part ways for the night. Vesper has a hard time sleeping that night, the memory of their performance playing back in his head over and over with the palpable elation of an encore awaiting him tomorrow. Ves wants to see him. He can't remember falling asleep - somewhere in the dark hours surely, wiggling so feverishly between his sheets to the point of exhaustion.

The curtain rises on the new day with the pulsing hum of a bright stage light shining through the window blinds. A bombastic, showmanly burst out of his blankets as he scampers about to get ready for the busy day ahead of him. He wastes no time meeting up with Briar, rose pink cheeks while he fiddles with the fringes of his hair. Simply lovely. Even after the passing of an entire night, the little candle was burning so passionately. Vesper could feel the warmth - little droplets of wax coating him like the morning dew. There was a weightless comfort to his exuberance - to be a leaf so fortuitous to bask in that tiny oasis. He was happier than words could express and so, he simply smiled with adoring eyes, hanging onto every dewdrop.

"Ooooh dear! Lumiere, does your silliness know no bounds~!" Vesper nudges and giggles at the boy, a playful blep of his tongue. He does his best to imitate his tenor from the night before but it comes off a bit rough in the early morning. "I don't know, Bri... If I was the cutest clock - then you're definitely the cutest candle ever~ Still, I'm really excited for tonight, too. I hope I can hear you sing again~" His arms fold in front, gentle taps on his elbow as he hugs himself, with a curious head tilted to almost beg at the boy.

[310]

#3Briar Caidh 

venus and vulcan [nq] Empty Fri May 03, 2024 6:12 pm

Briar Caidh
Vesper was a good sport about Briar's exuberance and the ball remain passed between the two on each serve - tossing his joy to have it returned ad repeat, giggling with each bound. The other boy didn't seem tired of his energy and the thought of restraining his excitement hadn't yet crossed Briar's mind with no negative feedback. If anything, Vesper seemed just about as over the little cloud they shared since the previous adventure. He seemed well enough to tease Briar, at least, earning an early rosy blush across soft cheeks. "H-hey now! Awh, gee, Ves, it's not fair you don't gotta song to sing ... I'll ask if maybe we can't switch roles tonight! Or - or -- I'll write Clocksworth a darn song m'self! ... I wanna hear you sing, too!!"

Briar didn't have to insist on his wish for too long; as the boys found themselves again at the Marigold Grand Theater, their Director was eager to receive them. His hat pressed ponderously between his hands that waved it in a sprightly manner once Bri and Ves came into view, relief clear on his face. "If it ain't my boys! Aye, this'll do! Alrighty, my little princes - listen up good. Our leads can't make it to the second show tonight and, well, someone's gotta. We came up with a fantastic idea to keep it moving and I think you'll agree! Alrighty, boys. Alright. You got it? You're gonna be our leads for the night. You'll KILL out there. Everyone loved you last night. You can do it, yeah? We'll get you over to rehearsal A S A P. Go on, then. Rooting for ya'!"

Briar froze, waving his hands, only to release a pitched 'uweeeeehhh???' after the Director's final clarifying statement. "Oh, righty. Little Briar, you're the Beast for it. Vesper, you'll be playing his Belle. This is going to be a hit. Off you go, beasties!"

[ 316 ]

#4Vesper 

venus and vulcan [nq] Empty Sat May 04, 2024 11:46 pm

Vesper
Was a sunflower supposed to radiate such warmth? Just standing in proximity to the energetic boy inflamed his skin with a faint tickle of sunburn, cheeks flushing in a vivid shade of pink. A quick turn of his head, but he can't divert his eyes for long, gazing back into pure incandescence. "Y-you'd write a song for me? Th-that's silly, Bri! I can't believe you want to hear me sing. I promise I'm nowhere near as good as you." A timid elbow to poke again Briar's side that sweeps up to gently brush his bangs to the side. "Mm.. I will for you..." It was soft, almost a whisper that barely escaped Vesper's shaky lips. "I'll sing for you!" Bolder now.

Vesper had no idea his resolve would be immediately tested. The news of a change in casting immediately puts him in a main role in the production of Beauty and the Beast. Fate surely had a sense of humor, opting instead to put him into the role of the beauty despite his beastly nature. A role that had an overabundance of songs to sing to fulfill the little Beastie's wish. Vesper's reaction mirrored that of Briar's, a performance of denial in shaky paws, with a more detectable panic seeping his shocked reaction.

The show must go on, as they say. Beauty much like in the play cannot resist stealing glances at the Beast. Not in a way that would belittle him or diminish his hard work at such a difficult role. He was perfect, whether as a wild monster or a beautiful princess and Vesper only wished to be spoiled like the glutton he was for something so painfully sweet. A small sample to sate his teeth, wiggling back and forth as he memorized the script. Perhaps, a treat in return for the beastling?

"There's something sweet~ And almost kind~" He belts it out loud enough for it to grace Briar's ears, a garish tenor if a little uneven compared to the seasoned performer. His eyes search to meet his with a playful wink and giggle.

[363]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum