Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:29 am

Fei Yu
Chapter 1: A Fairy Society
---

It had been only a few hours since Oberon had told Yu that in order to gain the recognition of the council and convince the other Fae clans of working together on the task Albion had given her that the young Fae needed to obtain the means to ascend into a fairy. That by itself sounded an almost impossible endeavor but fortunately there was a solution: By means of a rite of communion Yu should be able to enter a trance-like dream that would allow her to reach out to her Sidhe, the manifestation of the powers the Fae bestowed onto her and learn what needed to be done to become a real fairy. It was Aselia who would be aiding her in this endeavor, but first the fairy insisted on teaching Yu more about the society she would find herself in. After all Fae lived in quite a different way compared to humans.

"So, you're saying that Fae are divided into four different families here in Avalon?" Yu asked, a hint of curiosity hearable in the girl's voice. "And these families are also called courts?" Aselia nodded. "Yes~ When a Fairy is first born they usually join one of the courts based on the season they are born in. Consider them a little like the Sinese or Joyan clan structure."

WC: 224
Total WC: 224/1000

#2Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:30 am

Fei Yu
Although it was quite a complex explanation, the comparison did sort of make sense to Yu. The Chinese system had its own problems but it wasn't too difficult to grasp.

"I see...so there's the Spring court, the Summer court, the Autumn court and the Winter court then?" Yu Ming asked, trying to recall the names of the four seasons. "Correct! And each court has their own specialties and strengths. You met members of two different courts already~" Yu's eyes sparkled with excitement upon hearing these words. "You mean Oberon and Titania?" To which Aselia nodded her head eagerly. "Indeed! Oberon is a member of the Winter Court, while Titania is one of the Summer, they also often represent our society when it comes to council meetings. Usually only the leader of a community tends to attend these meetings as a representative of their clan, but in this case because our community is so large both are kinda seen as our leaders." Fascinating... So despite being divided into four families they still listened to the words of two Fairies? That must have meant they respected Oberon and Titania a lot! "The other courts don't have a leader currently. Autumn's leader unfortunately perished several months ago and no successor has been appointed yet. Meanwhile nobody knows where the Spring's leader is currently. I'm a Summer court fairy by the way~" Aselia added with a wink.

Yu blinked at the fairy, surprised by this sudden piece of information. "Oh really? It should have been expected when you seem so nice and friendly!" She exclaimed, causing Aselia to blush slightly. "Aww shucks~ You're making me feel embarrassed now. But yeah, I guess that's just how we are. We tend to be more open minded and carefree than the other three courts."

"I see..." Yu replied, feeling a little awkward. She hadn't intended to make Aselia feel uncomfortable. "But that's enough about us for now, let's talk about your task again."

WC: 339
Total WC: 563/1000

#3Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:38 am

Fei Yu
The fairy said, changing the topic back to the matter at hand. "In order to ascend into a true fairy you need to commune with your Sidhe. This can be done by reaching out to it. It's a lot like meditating! Once you enter this state you will be able to meet your Sidhe and learn what you need to do to become a fairy. It's a rather simple process, but it may take some time to accomplish." Yu paused for a moment, trying to comprehend the explanation she had been given. "So how do I know when I reach my Sidhe? Is it going to start talking to me like the spirits used to do?" Upon hearing that question Aselia shrugged her shoulders lightly. "No idea, from what I heard it kinda is like talking to yourself in a mirror, but the mirror talks back? Actually that sounds kinda fun." The fairy chuckled at the thought.

Yu Ming raised an eyebrow at the explanation. It sounded like Aselia was describing a scene from a movie. "I see...so it's a little like a conversation with myself then?" To which the fairy nodded her head. "Yup! But it's not just a normal conversation, you'll be sharing your thoughts and feelings with each other. And you'll also be able to sense each other's emotions and intentions. It's a very intimate experience, so don't be afraid to share your deepest secrets with your Sidhe."

Yu frowned slightly at this. "Intimate? But I'm not even sure if I want to tell it everything about me. What if it judges me?" The fairy shook her head in response. "It won't judge you. Your Sidhe is part of you, it knows all your secrets already. If anything it will accept you as you are."
Yu Ming fell silent again. She didn't like the idea of having someone else know everything about her, especially since she wasn't sure if she could trust them. But Aselia seemed confident that this would work, so she decided to give it a try.

"Alright then. How do I begin?" Yu asked, looking at the fairy expectantly. "Well, once we reach the ritual grounds we'll first get you comfortable on some pillows, and then try to meditate~"

As they arrived at the ritual ground she could see what Aselia meant with 'getting comfortable' situated under a large majestic tree seemed to be a collection of pillows on top of a large fluffy carpet! Was this really a meditation ground? It seemed more like a napping ground for the Fae. Still, it seemed Aselia was quite confident in the idea that they had reached their destination, and so Yu decided to accept this as the grounds for the rite of communion.

WC: 470
Total WC: 1033/1000

#4Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:26 am

Fei Yu
Chapter 2: Living on a prayer.
---

Having arrived at the ritual grounds for the rite of communion Yu took a seat as instructed. The first impression she had was... That her previous thoughts about this being a napping spot were on point. The carpet underneath her was so soft, and the pillows she was seated on were fluffy and puffy and... "Are you ready to begin?" Aselia's voice quickly brought Yu's attention back as she heaved a soft sigh. "Sorry, I was distracted for a moment. Let me try to focus on this meditation thing." She said with a smile, though her mind was still very much occupied by the thought of how comfy she was right now.

"You are not taking this seriously..." Aselia said, sounding like an exasperated mother. "I am! I swear I'm trying my best here!" Yu protested, but she couldn't deny that her mind was wandering all over the place.

"Fine then, if you are unable to focus on your own we will have to do this the hard way." Aselia said with a sigh as she raised her hand. "Hard wa-AAAAAAH!" Yu yelped in surprise as she felt something grab onto her leg and pull it down. Her eyes widened as she saw a thick green vine wrapped around her ankle, pulling her off the pile of pillows and dragging her across the floor.
"W-What is going on?!" She yelled out, looking towards Aselia for answers. "I told you I would do things the hard way, didn't I?" The fairy said with a smile, before raising her other hand. "Now then... Let us begin." As she spoke another vine emerged from the ground and grabbed onto Yu's other ankle, spreading her legs apart. "Wait! What are you doing?!" Yu cried out as she struggled against the vines holding her down. "Meditation is done by clearing your mind of all thoughts, so I am simply helping you get rid of distractions." Aselia explained calmly as more vines appeared and began wrapping themselves around Yu's body.
"This isn't what I meant when I said I needed help focusing!" Yu protested while struggling against the vines, but they were too strong for her to break free from. "Then you should have tried harder to concentrate on the task at hand." Aselia replied with a smirk, watching as the vines continued to wrap around Yu's body. "Besides, this is good for you. You need to learn how to focus on one thing at a time." She added, making Yu groan in frustration.

"Fine! Fine! I'll try to focus on this stupid meditation thing!" She exclaimed, glaring at the fairy who just smiled back at her.

"Good girl." Aselia said, patting Yu on the head before turning away from her. "Now then, let us begin." She said as she sat down cross-legged in front of Yu. "First, we must clear our minds of all thoughts. Once we have done that we can begin the process of connecting to nature itself." She explained, closing her eyes as she began to focus on her breathing.

"Clear my mind? How am I supposed to do that?" Yu asked, but Aselia ignored her question. Instead she simply kept on meditating, leaving Yu alone with her thoughts.

After a few minutes passed Yu began to feel bored, so she decided to try and distract herself by thinking about something else. Unfortunately there wasn't much for her to think about, since she didn't know anything about this world or its inhabitants. So instead she started to wonder what kind of magic Aselia used, and how exactly did it work. However, it was in that moment Aselia opened her eyes and sighed in amusement. "This really isn't working for you, is it?" She asked, causing Yu to look up at her. "I'm sorry, I'm trying my best here." She said apologetically, but Aselia shook her head. "No, it's fine, Oberon expected as much so he had some precautions in place."

The fairy started to fly over to the nearby bowls that seemingly were filled with some sort of herbs? A whisper followed by the Fairy as she watched the bowls being lit by small embers, and soon a sweet scent spread across the ritual ground. Yu looked around curiously, seemingly finding herself under the effect of the incense slowly but certainly. "Sweet dreams~" Aselia hummed and in that moment the Fae felt her body lower onto the pillows and her vision being consumed by darkness.

"I don't want to die..." A feeble voice called out to her, and gone was the lush green sanctuary of the Fae. No, instead she found herself in a small chamber, lying under the covers of a blanket a fragile-looking girl was gripping the top of her blanket, her feeble whispers at how unfair life was being left unanswered. "It hurts..." Was this... a memory? Yu slowly approached the bed, and looking at the girl couldn't help but feel bewildered for a moment: It was herself? Were these her final moments in life?

The Fae sat down beside her, a hand gently resting on top of her forehead. "hush, it is fine, the pain will go away, and your story won't end. We can't let it end like this, right?" Hearing these words the child looked at her, a feeble nod following yet Yu could feel a sickening disturbance, something was invading the dream, and outside the sky turned dark, leading Yu to whisper gently. "I'll be right back~"

Rushing outside Yu's earlier concerns were proven to be correct, as the darkened sky looked similar to the fractured sky in Talaz Lagaar, and even more worrying was the fact that from amidst the darkness smaller rifts emerged, tears into the dream as nightmarish creatures were starting to pour out from within. It was a sight that clearly disturbed the poor Fae.

WC: 1000/1000

#5Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:04 am

Fei Yu
Chapter 3: Together, as one!

Yu couldn't help but find herself growing tense as she watched some monstrous creatures pour out of the rifts, aware she no longer had her magic the girl's first, and likely only option was to reach for a large piece of wood and brace herself for a fight against the monsters from the void! The first of the monsters looked like some sort of demonic hound, and while Yu was able to smack it in the face, causing it to disperse into a flurry of black mass. It didn't take long before the next monster came out of the rift, this time it was a humanoid creature that seemed to be made entirely of the same dark mass as the hound from before. "So... I'm going to die here, aren't I?" She asked aloud, her voice trembling with fear as she gripped the wooden plank tighter. "I don't want to die yet!" The girl cried out, swinging the board at the humanoid monster, but it was far more agile than the dog-like creature. It easily dodged the attack and responded by grabbing Yu's wrist, lifting her up into the air with ease. "No! No! Let me go!" Yu screamed, struggling against the monster's grip. But it was pointless, the creature was much stronger than her, and even if she did somehow manage to escape its grasp, there were still dozens of other monsters waiting for their chance to pounce on her. "You're not getting away." The monster growled, tightening its grip around Yu's wrist until she could feel the bones beginning to crack beneath its fingers. "We've been searching for you for a long time, Fae." Yu was trying desperately to break free from the monster's grasp. But no matter how hard she tried, it seemed like nothing would work. Yet she couldn't help but think back, think of how fragile and feeble that girl inside the cottage she was trying to protect had been.

She couldn't allow herself to fall here... If she failed, then what would happen to that child? Sensing her building anger Yu swung her legs and attempted to kick at the monster when all of a sudden a familiar voice called out to her. "Nyahahaha, that is the spirit my lady! Never falter, never give up even in the face of overwhelming odds! For that is how heroes are born!"

A pillar of light engulfed the monster that was holding her, and all of a sudden its grip on her released at the same time the sight of a blade cleaved off the monster's arm: It was Nyancelot the Exceed, the heroic knight-like cat that had been traveling with her. "Nyancelot!" She exclaimed, running towards him. "I'm so glad you're here! I thought I was going to die!" The cat shook his head. "You mustn't say such things my lady, you are far too strong to let yourself die like this." But they weren't out of the woods just yet! More rifts started to open, this time forming one huge tear as a massive fiend emerged from within. This one might be too much for even Nyancelot alone to handle!

"Ara~ Ara~ To think you wouldn't ask for my help even upon being driven in a corner like this. You really are like her in that regard. Always trying to shoulder the burden on your own... why won't you rely on your Sensei for once?" A sudden stream of crystal fragments rained down onto the monster from above as a second pillar of light emerged, this time taking the form of the guild master of Blue Pegasus. "A-Alisa-sensei?" Yu called out as she watched the woman land in front of her. Yet she wasn't the last one either, for a flash of purple light radiated from the sky and pierced onto the shadowy fiend as a third figure emerged. "I told you: I would help you discover your origins and in return you will teach me more about the Fae. How do you plan to do that if you are dead?" Emerging from the nearby trees was the swordswoman she had met shortly before her return to Caelum... "Kamui?"

"With these three here she might actually have a chance at banishing this shadow!" Yu nodded her head and looked at the trio. "Thank you for coming to my aid! Now let's get rid of these monsters!" Alisa smiled and raised her hand up in the air. "All you had to do was ask~" The trio charged forward, each of them unleashing their magic against the horde of monsters. "This dream has no place for unsightly nightmares like you!" Alisa chanted, sending a barrage of crystal shards flying towards the fiends. Kamui followed suit by launching a flurry of purple energy blades at the monsters, while Nyancelot slashed through the fiends with his blade.

The three of them were able to keep the fiends at bay, but it didn't take long for the fiends to start gaining ground. "We need to do something or else we'll be overrun!" Yu cried out as she saw more fiends emerging from the rifts. "Leave it to me!" Kamui shouted, raising her sword up in the air. "Begone Tainted Creatures of Darkness!" She swung her sword downwards, unleashing a wave of purple energy that cut through the fiends like butter. But even so, there were still too many of them for the three of them alone to handle.

How long are you content to just watch them? Do you not feel any frustration at being so powerless? Go on, draw upon their strength, bask in it and you will reach it."

A sudden jolt of energy coursed through her hands as Yu saw how the wooden plank in her hands rapidly transformed into the sight of a majestic-looking staff that expelled a mighty surge of mana that soon washed over the entire battlefield, consuming it into a sea of light!

#6Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:42 am

Fei Yu
Chapter 4: Fairly Odd Fairy Beginnings?

As the sea of light engulfed everything Yu couldn't help but notice she was no longer in the dreamscape. Instead she found herself in a place that she would easiest describe as the sky: clouds as far as the eye could see, and yet it was as if her body was floating. Hovering a few steps away from her was a Fairy, one who was smiling proudly at her. "Good job Yu, I have seen it for myself: your resolve to fight to protect these dear to you." The fairy said, her gaze softening. "Are you the Sidhe?" Yu asked, to which the Fairy nodded her head gently. "Indeed I am, I am the embodiment of the powers bestowed onto you as a Fae." Yu couldn't help but wonder about the meaning of these words. "Then does that mean that by merging with you I can become a real fairy?" To this the Sidhe shook her head. "No, you are already a fairy, the only difference is that you have yet to awaken to your full potential." The Sidhe explained, "What you lack right now is a purpose, a wish to call your own."

"A wish?" Yu repeated, feeling confused by what the fairy meant. "Yes, a wish. All living beings are born with a desire, something they want more than anything else in the world. When a Fairy is born they develop a purpose, a wish so strong it becomes a driving force for them. But you have yet to find your own." Yu frowned, trying to think of what she wanted most in the world. But she couldn't come up with anything. "I'm sorry... I don't know what I want." She admitted, feeling ashamed of herself. "That is fine, after all there is a big difference between a wish and an ambition." The Sidhe said, "You may not know what you want right now, but that is why you must search for it. Search for your purpose, your reason to keep on living. Only then will you be able to truly understand yourself. Only then will you be able to ascend as a Fairy"

The Sidhe extended her hand out towards Yu. "Now it is time for you to return, wake from the dream and discover your purpose." Yu hesitated for a moment before reaching out and taking hold of the fairy's hand. "Thank you, Sidhe..." As soon as she took hold of the fairy's hand she felt herself being pulled back into reality. When Yu opened her eyes she found herself lying on the pillows, with Nyancelot sleeping peacefully next to her. "Nyancelot? Are you awake?" She asked, nudging the cat slightly. "nyaah... five more minutes."

He mumbled, rolling over onto his side. "It seems like he is still asleep." Yu muttered while a familiar voice called out to her. "Welcome back Yu~ I hope you didn't mind the fact your feline friend decided to join you for a catnap when he found you like this." Aselia explained, the Fairy humming softly. "How did it go? Dreams can often be very chaotic, since they are like a hotpot of memories, feelings and even the very soul." Yu nodded her head. "It was indeed a very chaotic and scary time, but I was able to overcome it with the aid of these dear to me! But... The Sidhe's words were a bit cryptic."

Aselia giggled. "Well that is the nature of dreams after all. They are always riddled with mystery and confusion. But I'm sure you'll figure out what she meant eventually."

Aselia's words made Yu pause for a moment, thinking on what she had learned. "Why don't you tell me more about the dream in detail? maybe we can deduct some things together." The Fairy suggested. "Yeah... I'd like that." Yu replied, smiling at the fairy. "So... where do I start?" As they spend time recounting the events of her dream the Fae's words made Aselia ponder for a bit. "It is true, every Fairy has some sort of purpose, a wish or an ambition of sorts that they are given by the planet. Has there ever been a moment you heard the planet's voice call out to you?"

Upon hearing the question Yu shook her head lightly. She could commune with the spirits in the past but never, not once had she experienced the planet itself whispering to her.

"I haven't ever experienced such a thing before to be honest." To which Aselia nodded her head in affirmation. "It is nothing to be worried about, some fairies take a while before they receive their purpose. Although I can't help but wonder what yours might be~"

Yu nodded her head lightly in return. "Take a moment to rest Yu, think of what happened and once you're all up and running again you can seek out Oberon. I'm sure he will be eager to hear from you." Yu smiled briefly. "I will take you up on that offer, I'm still a bit shaken from the dream so I will take a moment to regain my strength." Upon which the fairy said her goodbyes and started to hover back toward the settlement, leaving Yu to ponder about the events that had transpired so far.

Yu took a seat back on the pillows, gently brushing the sleeping Nyancelot's fur. "I wonder if Nyancelot had a dream of his own." Then again, maybe everyone had a dream. After all she was told earlier every living being has some sort of purpose, an ambition they pursue till the end of their life. Then again, she still didn't know her own yet."

Heaving a sigh the girl closed her eyes, allowing her body to regain some of its missing strength after the mysterious dream she had experienced earlier. Only time would tell what type of dream or purpose Yu would have to well and truly call her own.

#7Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:29 am

Fei Yu
Chapter 5: What is in a dream?

For a moment Yu found herself at ease. Just lying there on the soft carpet and the fluffy pillows, with Nyancelot sleeping peacefully beside her. A part of her wanted to just continue experiencing such a peaceful tranquility forever. But it was an impossible request. As long as the void encroached upon the planet it was only a matter of time before she would lose all she held dear. Indeed, even this sanctuary would be consumed by the void if nobody stopped it. So she couldn't afford to rest any longer. Not until she found a way to stop the Void. While pondering about meeting with Oberon she gently shook Nyancelot's body, stirring him from his slumber. "Nyancelot, wake up please." She said softly, causing the cat to yawn loudly. "Nyaaah... Five more minutes..." He mumbled, rolling over onto his side. "I'm sorry, but we need to get going." Yu explained, to which the cat reluctantly sat up and stretched out his limbs. "Alright, alright... I'm awake." He said, standing up and walking towards the door. "Where are we headed?" Yu followed after the cat, opening the door and stepping outside. "To the throne room, there is someone I want to meet with."
As she walked along the streets of the hidden settlement of the Fairies Yu couldn't help but notice how different it was compared to the cities humanity dwelled in. It wasn't just the fact that everything was made of wood or the fact that the buildings were built around the trees. No, it was more than that. The entire city felt alive, as if it was breathing. Every tree, every building, every flower and every blade of grass. It was as if they were all connected to one another. And yet there was something missing. Something that should have been there, but wasn't. "What's wrong?" Nyancelot asked, noticing the look on Yu's face. "It's nothing." Yu replied, shaking her head. "It's just that... This place feels so empty." The cat nodded his head. "That is because ever since the Fractured Sky appeared the connection to Gaia has been weakening. Nature's blessings became much harder to obtain" Yu frowned, feeling a sense of guilt wash over her. "Is there anything we can do to fix this?" Nyancelot shook his head. "I'm afraid not. Not by ourselves at least. As Albion mentioned it will require a lot of people to ensure the void doesn't continue to expand any further."

Yu couldn't help but feel frustrated. If only she had been stronger, if only she hadn't lost control of her powers then maybe things wouldn't have turned out like this. "Don't blame yourself for this." Nyancelot said, sensing Yu's frustration. "You did what you could, and even if you failed to stop the void it wasn't your fault." Yu smiled weakly, appreciating the cat's words. "Thank you Nyancelot, I appreciate it." They continued walking through the city until they reached the chambers that were used by Oberon. "Well, we might had failed to awaken as a fairy, but surely the communion went well. I wonder what Oberon will think of that." Yu pondered for a moment. "I hope he won't be too disappointed in me..." She muttered under her breath. "I'm sure he'll understand." Nyancelot said reassuringly. "After all, you've only just started learning about being a Fae. You shouldn't expect to master something overnight." Yu nodded her head. "Yeah, I guess you're right." She replied, taking a deep breath before reaching for the door, but to her surprise she could see it was already slightly open and a familiar voice was coming from inside... It was Titania?!

"How long are you going to continue denying it Oberon? The reason you're helping her isn't simply because you feel remorse for the attempt to sacrifice her in the past, right? It is about the fact the child is in fact your offspring."

Yu froze in place, unable to move as she heard the conversation between the two fairies. "So what if I am? What does it matter if she is my daughter?" Oberon replied, his tone sounding cold and distant. "She never knew me in her life till now, besides even if she is still a Fae she would never accept me as her father." Yu felt her heart sink upon hearing those words. Was that really how Oberon thought of her? As someone who would reject him? Sure, he had been a bit cruel toward her in the past, but he recently had been extremely helpful! He even went as far as saving her from that monster recently! Yet Titania's words only made her all the more worried. "I understand your hesitation, not only is she your own flesh and blood, but your successor sacrificed herself to implant her Sidhe into Yu. You're still blaming yourself for the Spring Court's loss."
Oberon sighed heavily. "That's not the point. The fact is that I don't deserve to be called her father. I've done nothing but hurt her ever since she came here. I've been nothing but a burden to her." Yu felt her chest tighten as she listened to Oberon's words. Why was he saying such things? "Then why did you save her?" Titania asked, causing Oberon to pause for a moment. "Because I owe it to her. I need to make up for my past mistakes." Titania chuckled softly. "You're so stubborn, always trying to shoulder everything on your own. If you keep doing that you'll end up hurting yourself even more." Yu couldn't help but feel conflicted by what she was hearing. On one hand she was happy to know that Oberon cared about her, but at the same time she felt sad knowing he was suffering because of her.

But it was in that moment she had made a decision, a step forward being made as she pressed open the door and looked at the two Fairies...

1000/1000

#8Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:47 am

Fei Yu
Chapter 6: A royal revelation

Titania had approached Oberon to discuss the recent events but soon the topic turned into a more sorrowful one. Titania was a smart and resourceful leader, and as such had learned of the truth behind the recent emergence of the young Fae. To think that Oberon had been such an adventurous soul before he became the leader of a part of the community of Avalon. It appeared that during his adventures Oberon had a romantic escapade with a Sinese woman, and due to fear of having the other Fairies discover about it he left her behind shortly before her child was born. Although he was mostly worried about their safety, Oberon could imagine the woman had never forgiven him for such a transgression, not to mention the fact she had been forced to raise her child all by herself.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring up bad memories." Titania apologized, feeling guilty for bringing up the subject. "It's alright, it was a long time ago." Oberon replied, shaking his head. "But it is because of me that Yu was born as a half-fairy. Even if she has the physical body of a human, she was given the powers of the Fae, and that was a burden her fragile self couldn't handle. It was because of me that Yu ended up dying as a human." Titania frowned, not liking how Oberon was beating himself up over this. "That wasn't your fault Oberon, you couldn't have known what would happen. Besides, she's alive now isn't she?" She asked, placing her hand on his shoulder. "She may not be a full fairy, but she is still our kin, and we will do whatever it takes to protect her." Oberon smiled weakly at Titania's words. "And even now she still is attempting to aid us, oblivious to her origins and the slights she suffered because of me." Titania nodded her head. "Indeed she is, she's quite a strong girl. I'm sure she'll find her way eventually." Oberon sighed heavily. "I hope so." He muttered under his breath.

"But you can see now why it is best for her not to know the truth? I have no place in her heart, not as her father. It is better that she continues to be distrustful of me." Titania shook her head. "You're wrong Oberon, you've already earned her trust. You saved her life, even when you knew she might reject you. That means something to her." Oberon remained silent, unable to respond to Titania's words. "Besides, even if she doesn't know the truth yet, I'm sure she'll figure it out eventually." Titania added, smiling warmly at him. "I just hope she won't hate me for keeping it from her." Oberon said, looking down at the ground. "I don't think she would ever hate you for that. But if you really want to make things right then you should tell her yourself." Titania suggested, causing Oberon to frown slightly. "I can't do that, not after everything I've done to her." Titania sighed heavily. "I understand, but you need to stop blaming yourself for what happened. It was an accident, nobody could have predicted it." Oberon nodded his head. "I know, but that doesn't change the fact that I failed to protect her." Titania smiled softly, placing her hand on Oberon's shoulder. "You can't blame yourself for that. I'm certain Myne would have said the same thing." Hearing the name made Oberon's expression darken. "Another one who fell victim to my selfishness." Yet Titania shook her head in response to these words. "And yet she lives on in Yu."

She pointed out. "So please, stop beating yourself up over this. There are others who care about you, and they don't want to see you suffer like this." Oberon sighed deeply. "But how do I even tell her..." To which Titania turned her gaze sideways and smiled. "Why don't you try it yourself?" To which Oberon followed her gaze and seemingly was shocked to see Yu standing at the doorway.

"Yu-" he began but before he could continue the question was asked that hit him to the core of his being. "Was what you said true?" To which the fairy nodded his head somberly. "That you are my father?" Oberon felt his heart sink upon hearing those words. He had hoped to never have to reveal the truth to Yu, but now it seemed like there was no avoiding it. "Yes, it's true." He admitted, feeling ashamed of himself. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I was afraid you would reject me if I did." Yu frowned, feeling conflicted by Oberon's words.

"Oberon, please ask the other Fairy clans to come to the council." Yu's stoic response made Oberon nod his head somberly. "Of course, as promised I will send out a call to the clans for a council." But what followed was something he had never expected to hear. "And once that is all over I want to hear more of your adventures... Papa."

The last word was spoken with a hint of timidness, but upon hearing it Oberon started to sob, tears running down his face as Titania was clearly surprised at the sight. Never, not once in history had she ever seen Oberon cry over something, the tears and feelings so genuine as she watched Yu bow lightly to excuse herself and left the room, leaving Titania to lightly rest a hand on Oberon's shoulder. "See? Your child is a strong one Oberon, much stronger than you give her credit for." To which Oberon nodded his head lightly among the tears. Never had he expected anyone would be able to forgive him, to be able to love him after seeing his true self... So to hear his daughter say these words truly hit him to the core of his being.

#9Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:13 pm

Fei Yu
Chapter 7: Bound by blood, a successor appears

After she had excused herself Yu had walked toward the cottage she had been granted as accommodation during her stay in Avalon. To think that all this time the secret of who her missing father was had been right under her nose all this time. In a way it all made sense, and yet at the same time she still couldn't ignore the wave of emotions that came over her. Confusion, joy, anger, it was like a storm had consumed her mind and in the end all she could do once she arrived at her room was just flop down onto the bed and flail into the pillow. Nyancelot who had been silently trailing behind her took a seat at the end of the bed and chimed softly. "To think that your father is Oberon... speaking of a royal revelation~" The cat chimed in a cheerful jest while Yu sighed deeply into the pillow. As much as she wanted to unleash a legion of questions at Oberon she knew now was not the right time. She needed to focus on the task bestowed onto her by Albion and that meant she had to convince the council of the dangerous nature of the Fractured Sky and what lurked beyond.

"Let us go over what we all learned so far Nyancelot." Yu stated, turning her body and sitting upright while the Exceed nodded his head attentively. "Ever since the Fractured Sky opened over Talaz Lagaar the Fae their connection to nature seems to be disturbed." Nyancelot nodded his head firmly at these words. "Because of what lurks beyond the Fractured Sky, right?"

To which Yu smiled and explained. "Indeed, the Fractured Sky seems to be a gateway into the void, and while their reasons elude us for now: Something or Someone is granting people unusual things in exchange for sacrifices they made to the void." Nyancelot pondered for a moment. "Is it like some sort of trade?" To which Yu shook her head. "Doubtly, while not confirmed the assumption for now is that these who are touched by the Void and received some form of boon, are considered corrupted. It is through this corruption the Fractured Sky has been expanding in size and reach, but also growing more powerful and unstable."

Nyancelot thought back on that eventful trip to Talaz Lagaar. "The scientists mentioned as much, which is why we hoped to use the instability of the rift to try to forcefully close it?"

The question made Yu nod her head somberly. "But unfortunately our attempt backfired and my magic was taken from me." The statement made Nyancelot droop his ears. "Does that mean you became corrupted by the void as well?"

To which Yu frowned for a moment. "It could be a possibility, but I haven't shown any signs of a unique power or ability yet, so it is quite possible it is still in a dormant stage. If I was under the influence of the void, then surely Oberon and Titania would have noticed, right?"

But they didn't, so for now that was something that she wouldn't needlessly worry about. "Okay, so then we got back and met with Titania who told us about Albion?" Indeed, Titania asked for her to seek out the wisdom of the guardian of the Fae, the spirit of the dragon Albion. "It was through him we learned of the existence of a means to slow down the corruption of the void. In the past there was a tower that served as an anchor to keep the barrier between Earthland and the Void stabilized, but what was the name of it again..."

Nyancelot brought a paw to his chin. "Rhongomyniad?" It was a possibility. "But the weapon has been lost, so as a result Albion wanted us to construct a similar tower." But such a feat was impossible to accomplish on her own.

"And for that reason we had to seek out the help of Oberon, who suggested we'd hold a council among the various Fae clans in the hope they would be willing to contribute to the cause." Indeed, and then there was also the fact that Oberon had told her that she would need to become a true fairy if she wanted to gain the recognition of the council. However, her attempt at communion with her Sidhe only brought more mysteries to light. "A purpose hmm? A wish to call your own? Not that clear in the instructions. But we might be able to use the other part that we learned to possibly sway the council."

Nyancelot's suggestion made her shake her head lightly. "That is too risky Nyancelot." Yu began, a hint of sorrow in her expression. "There is no certainty that Oberon would vouch for me, and if we anger him we might lose an ally, too much of a risk."

Nyancelot groaned for a moment. "How about the others? Did we find anyone who might be willing to help us?" Nyancelot's question made Yu frown for a moment. "Although we send a letter to Alisa-sensei to explain everything, whether she is willing to take the risk in aiding us and convincing the other guilds is something we'll have to ask her later."

Nyancelot pondered for a bit longer. "So that is basically all we got right?" Indeed, that seemed everything. Noticing the lack of an argument the Exceed stretched his body. "Let us go to bed early then Yu, we got to be at our best if we want to convince the council tomorrow. And while I'm fine with a catnap I know you need a bit more sleep."

Yu nodded her head with a sheepish smile as she changed into her pajamas that the Fae had prepared and climbed under the covers of the bed's blanket. After a bit she mused softly. "Say Nyancelot?" Hearing her voice the feline bounced over to her side. "Yes Yu?" The cat looked at her with such genuine affection that Yu couldn't help but smile. "If things get tough tomorrow, you'll be having my back, right?" To which the Exceed nodded his head firmly. "Of course! You can count on me! I'll carry your argument and convince as many Fairies as we'll need, and then even more!"

The enthusiasm of the cat made her giggle briefly, after which she asked." Say~ Why are you helping me so much?" First Renshi, now Nyancelot... "Because you're my lady and bestest friend nya!" The words warmed the girl's heart who gently embraced the feline and closed her eyes.

Indeed, with Nyancelot by her side she was certain she would be able to overcome whatever trials awaited her. It was odd, but feeling Nyancelot snuggling against her put Yu's worries at ease, and for once she truly felt safe and protected. "Nyancelot~ I love you~"

The girl chimed softly, but before she could hear a response the girl had already drifted off to slumber. The next morning the Fairies were already up and about early, some were helping Yu prepare for the event by dressing her up in a proper gown, while others tried to tell her about the importance of paying proper respect to the other clans their leaders. However, curiously enough Yu seemed surprisingly calm, no doubt because of the confident knightly Exceed in his shining armor at her side.

There was nothing that could stop her from accomplishing her task!

1250/1250

#10Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:18 pm

Fei Yu
Chapter 8: Court is now in session

The moment of truth had come, the time that would see whether the Fairy council would agree with helping her in terms of the momentous task that Albion had set her onto. As she arrived at the large clearing Yu could already spot Titania approaching her, the fairy queen smiled gently at her as they exchanged a brief greeting, while from the corner of her sight Yu could see her father, Oberon briefly returning her gaze after which his expression turned more stoic as he was approached by several important looking fairies. After a few more moments the council had properly gathered in earnest and one of the fairies called out. "Court is now in session to discuss the matter brought to us by the Fae Yu. Yu, if you'd please give the council your opening statement."

Yu nodded her head firmly as she was guided into the center of the clearing. Some of the fairies seemed curious at her presence, others were whispering among each other. "Honored leaders of the Fae, I have asked for you all to gather here today to discuss a matter of great importance: The void encroached upon Earthland, and unless stopped it will threaten to engulf all of nature and everything we hold dear."

The Fairies turned her attention toward her. "We know this already, what does that have to do with us?" One of them called out. Yu took a deep breath before continuing. "Since we are given a purpose by Gaia to protect the planet, does this not merit the intervention of the Fae?" She asked. "Gaia has not given us any such orders." Another fairy replied. "And even if she did, there is no guarantee that the void can be stopped." Yu's eyes narrowed at the response. "So you would simply stand aside and let the world be destroyed?" She asked. "That is not what I said." The fairy replied. "But it is what you implied." Yu retorted. "What about those who live on Earthland? Are they to be left behind to their fate?" She asked. "They are humans, they have always been separate from us."

The same fairy replied. "Are you saying that because they are human, they deserve to die?" Yu asked, attempting to conceal the frustration in her voice. "No, but we cannot intervene in their affairs." The fairy replied. "Why not? Because they are different from us?" Yu asked.

"Because if we are to intervene it will just escalate into another conflict. Hasn't the war of the Seraphim and Demons taught you enough? Humans are prone to be vulnerable to influence, the void is just another player in this cosmic game that decides the fate of our planet." The fairy replied. "So you would rather leave them to their fate than risk another war?" Yu asked. "Yes, it is better to let them fight their own battles." The fairy replied. "And if they lose?" Yu asked. "Then so be it, we will mourn their loss and move on." The fairy replied. "I see..." Yu muttered. "If that is your decision then I shall respect it."

Yet a sudden hum came from the audience. "Isn't it too early to decide whether to ignore the plight of humanity?" It was the Fairy Queen Titania who spoke. "After all, even we were once saved by the grace of a mighty dragon. Surely you haven't forgotten the sacrifice made by Albion all these years ago?" The other fairies clearly were thinking on these words. "Of course not, his benevolence and the wisdom with which he acted is the sole reason our race wasn't wiped out from existence."

To which Oberon added. "And it is that same benevolence that has given this Fae the task of aiding humanity in their fight. To help them by making them realize the true nature of the void. Are you truly proposing we ignore a request that came directly from our guardian deity?"
Yu's eyes widened as she heard this. "For once, I'd like to see what type of future this type of request could shape. Not just the future of my successor, but also of our race as a whole." Upon hearing these words the other Fairy clans whispered excitedly among each other. "Fine, we will agree to collaborate with you on this endeavor, but only a true fairy will be able to represent us. The day your endeavors reach completion you will undergo the rite of ascension Fae Yu." Yu smiled at the announcement.

"Thank you for your assistance honored leaders of the Fae. I will not disappoint you." The council then began discussing the details of how exactly they would aid her in her mission. While Yu was excused for a while, returning to Nyancelot's side as she was escorted back to the settlement till the council concluded their debates.

After dusk arrived Titania returned to Yu, and started to explain that while the council was going to prepare their endeavors on the construction of the tower, the council had appointed Yu as being in charge for meeting with the humans who might be willing to assist in their endeavors. Fortunately there were some ancient families that still respected and followed the old ways in Caelum. "The first family you should meet is the House of Esteem. Their patriarch is an old friend of mine, he is a mage of great renown and has connections with the other Magi families, through him you should be able to get a step closer to obtaining the help you need." Titania explained. "I understand, I shall depart tomorrow morning then." Yu replied. "Good, then I wish you luck in your endeavors." Titania said before leaving Yu alone with her thoughts.
As the next day dawned, Yu was already ready to set off. She had packed all the necessary supplies she needed for the journey, including the map of the country that she had received from Titania. Nyancelot would of course be accompanying her on the adventure. "Are you sure you want to come along? You'll be in danger if you do." Yu asked her familiar. "Of course, I'm your partner aren't I?" Nyancelot replied. "Besides, it's not like I can just leave you alone, you're my best friend after all." Yu smiled at her familiar's words. "Thanks Nyancelot, I appreciate it."

As expected the journey was long, but upon learning of what was going on the Patriach of the House of Esteem was willing to lend his resources and manpower to a good cause. Not to mention the other Magi families seemed quite interested in working alongside Fairies, beings often only heard of in folkslore. To think there would be a day man and Fae would work hand in hand, it almost brought a tear to his eye. "So you say that this void is the true nature of the Fractured Sky?" The Patriarch of the House of Esteem asked. "Yes, it is a realm beyond the rift, from which something, or someone is responsible for spreading its influence, possibly even multiple sources, as such it is of vital importance we close the Fractured Sky." Yu explained. "I see, so that's why you need our help. Well, don't worry, I will gladly help you in any way I can." He said. "Thank you, I am most grateful for your assistance." To which the Patriach smiled briefly. "I will send my men to aid the Fae in the construction of the tower, and if there is any need for resources don't hesitate to let us know." The Patriarch said. "I understand, thank you once again." Yu said before departing.

The next few days were spent traveling to the other Magi families. and before she knew it the moment had arrived upon which the Magi families would gather at the tower to celebrate its creation. An official festivity if anything, but they insisted on doing it the old way which was something Yu could respect.

But how would it go?

WC: 1250/1250

#11Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:43 pm

Fei Yu
Chapter 9: The Magi and the Fairy.

The day of the ceremony was drawing near, and by the time she arrived at the grounds chosen for the construction of the Clock Tower Yu could only gaze in marvel at the grand tower that rose high into the sky. "It's huge!" Yu exclaimed while Nyancelot chimed in amusement. "The Fae certainly don't settle for anything less."

Yu nodded her head in agreement. "Indeed, now then, let's go inside and see how things are going." As she approached the entrance she was greeted by one of the Fae who had been appointed as the supervisor of the project. "Ah, Fae Yu, welcome to the Clock Tower." The fairy said. "Thank you, it's an honor to be here." Yu replied. "Please follow me, the others are waiting for you." The fairy said before guiding Yu through the tower.

As she walked through the halls of the tower she couldn't help but admire the craftsmanship that went into its construction. It was truly a marvel of magical engineering. "This is incredible..." She muttered. "Thank you, we put a lot of effort into its construction." The fairy replied. "We're almost there." The fairy said before leading her to a large room where several fairies were gathered around a table. "Fae Yu, thank you for coming." One of them said. "Of course, I wouldn't miss this for the world." Yu replied. "Now then, if you would please take a seat, we have much to discuss." The fairy said.

"Very well." Yu said as she took a seat at the table. "First off, I'd like to thank you for your assistance in the construction of the Clock Tower. Not only did you succeed in gaining the help of the Magi families, but you even were able to succeed a large amount of Fairy clans to contribute to the cause, an endeavor that did not go unnoticed. Therefore the council has decided to appoint you as Director of the tower upon your ascension."

Yu's eyes widened at the announcement. "Director? But why?" She asked. "Because you have proven yourself worthy of the title, and besides, you will need to be familiar with the tower if you are to use it for your mission." The fairy explained. "I understand, I shall do my best to live up to the expectations placed upon me." Yu replied. "Good, now then, let us begin by explaining the functions of this tower: As you know the Clock Tower's primary function is to serve as an achor for the barrier that seperates Earthland from the Void. Aside from this we decided it could also function as a place of study and research into similar phenomena like the Fractured Sky." The fairy explained. "I see, so it's a sort of institute then?" Yu asked. "Yes, and as such it will require a staff to operate it." The fairy replied. "The Magi families have already offered to send several of their members to aid in this endeavor, and similarly the magic school of Caelum has extended a helping hand as well."
Yu nodded her head in understanding.

"I see, so what about the tower itself? What does it look like on the inside?" She asked. "Well, as you can see we've made sure to make it as comfortable as possible for both humans and Fae alike. The higher one goes the more advanced the facilities will be, although there is one place we deemed only accessible to you. You see, the underground levels houses accomodations to safely keep these who are corrupted by the void and lost control over themselves, in the hope of finding a cure for them someday. But further down at its foundation there is... the corpse of Albion. Using its body to empower the tower, we decided it is only appropriate that you are the lone one with permission to enter the tomb of Albion." The fairy explained.

"I understand, thank you for your consideration," Yu replied. "No problem, now then, I think it's time we officially inaugurate the Clock Tower." The fairy said. "We'll be having the ceremony outside during dusk, until then feel free to make yourself comfortable."

As the Fairies dismissed her Yu wandered around the tower, having contined that Nyancelot was oddly absent. She had searched all over the tower, but couldn't find her familiar anywhere. But after asking around learned Nyancelot had decided to take a small nap in the director's office, wanting to make sure he was at his best for her moment of glory.

For now Yu decided to grant Nyancelot some rest, while heading to the tomb of Albion in the hope of communicating with the spirit once more.
As she descended the stairs she found herself in front of a large door, which upon opening revealed a vast chamber filled with artifacts and treasures. And in the middle of it all stood the remains of Albion. As she approached the dragon's corpse Yu could feel a strange aura emanating from it. It felt almost as if the dragon was still alive. "Albion?" Yu asked. "I'm here." A voice called out. "I see, so you're still here then." Yu said. "Yes, I am, although my physical form is no more." Albion replied. "I understand, I just wanted to check up on you." to which the spirit chuckled softly as it took a solid form, a hooded figure dressed in a long white robe. "I'm grateful for your considerate nature Yu. However you shouldn't dwell in such a gloomy place, you should head upstairs and prepare yourself for the rite of ascension. Not only that, but I heard you were appointed as Director of the Clock Tower? I'm proud of how far you have come little one." Albion said. "Thank you, I'm glad to hear that." Yu replied. "Now go, and don't worry about me, I'll be fine." Albion said before disappearing into thin air. "Alright then, see you soon." Yu said as she left the tomb, closing the door behind her. As she returned to the surface level she noticed the sun was starting to set, meaning it was time for the ceremony.

As expected people had started to gather, mages from various families and specializations, scholars from the magic school and even the Fae had all gathered to watch the ceremony. Yes, even Titania and Oberon had been there. Before she could even think of anything to say Nyancelot happily bounced behind her. "Glad I made it in time!" the feline exceed exclaimed happily. "Wouldn't want to miss your moment~ Now what is this ritual of ascension?"

Upon hearing Nyancelot's words Oberon explained calmly. "After the inauguration ceremony of the clock tower a rite will be performed to help Yu's Sidhe mature, simply said it will accelerate her growth into a Fairy. After that it will be all up to Yu to receive the blessing of the planet and be given her purpose."

Yu nodded her head attentively at these words. "I won't fail!" to which Oberon smiled briefly. "I know you won't." Fortunately, as the inauguration ceremony began it was one of the Fairies of the council that took the lead, explaining the nature of the tower and why everyone had gathered while inwardly Yu praised the stars that she didn't need to prepare some type of speech. That would had been a nightmare to accomplish!

#12Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:26 pm

Fei Yu
Chapter 10: Encroaching Shadows

As Yu listened to the speech being given by the Fairy a light tap on her shoulder followed, causing Yu to turn in bewilderment toward the person trying to draw her attention. A young Fairy clad in a suit of armor of some sort looked at her, a calm and gentle smile upon the fairy's lips. "You are?" Yu began after she looked into the eyes of the Fairy and gasped softly: The fairy had the irises of a dragon!

"Albion?" Yu whispered softly upon which the Fairy brought a finger to her lips and mused softly. "Something of that sort, I am an aspect of Albion, the manifestation of my right claw, you could say I am a part of the Albion you talked to earlier."

Nodding her head lightly at the information she was being provided Yu looked closer to the armor the girl wore. It seemingly was designed from a dragon's bones from what she could see, or perhaps it were the scales?

"It's made from my own body, I gave it to this girl as a gift, she is my successor after all." The fairy explained. "I see..." Yu muttered. "But why did you call me here?" She asked. "Because I want to give you a gift, something that will aid you in your endeavors." The fairy said. "What type of gift?" Yu asked. "A blessing, one that will allow you to summon me whenever you need me." The fairy said. "I see, thank you, I'm most grateful for your assistance." Yu replied. "No problem, now then, let us begin." The fairy said before placing her hand on Yu's forehead, a bright light engulfing them both.

When the light faded Yu felt different somehow, as if she had been granted a new power. "What happened?" She asked. "I have bestowed upon you the ability to summon me, should you ever find yourself in need of my assistance." The fairy replied. "Thank you, I'm most grateful for your help." Yu said. "No problem, now then, I think the long-winded speech is drawing to its end and we are about to proceed with your rite of ascension." The fairy said. "I understand, I shall do my best!." Yu replied. "Good, now then, I wish you good luck." The fairy said before disappearing into the crowd.

After a moment the Fairies came to guide her to the front of the tower as the rite was being explained to her. It appeared the Fairies would be channeling their powers into her being to help stimulate the growth of her Sidhe, upon which the transformation into a Fairy would be just a matter of moments. As she stood there Yu could spot the sight of the Fairies chiming in union, some were excitedly waiting for the moment a new member of their race would be born, while the Magi in the crowd were curiously observing the mysterious rite ongoing right now. And yet she felt so calm, with Nyancelot at her side surely nothing could go wrong. It was in that fleeting moment a sudden deafening roar split the sky, the crowd gasping in disbelief as the sky above Caelum fractured! From inside the rift several monsters started pouring out of the tear into the void and while the Fairies and mages rushed to intercept them Yu was about to call out to Nyancelot "Nyan-" but before she could turn around she felt a sharp agonizing pain coursing through her being. The crowd looked in shock at her as she collapsed onto her side, causing her to see Nyancelot gazing coldly down upon her, his eyes glowing with a small purple hue. "Nyancelot... what are you doing?" She asked weakly. "Sorry Yu, but it looks like your partnership has come to an end." He said. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Nyancelot belongs to me now." The voice that left the Exceed's lips sounded unnaturally malicious, and while Oberon darted with fury toward Nyancelot the feline parried the blow made by the Fairy King. "And soon much more will be my-" "y-you bastard... to make me harm my lady... to do the unforgivable..." The expression of the Exceed twisted as Oberon seemingly realized something, quickly reaching with his hand to the surface to try to create a cage of vines around the feline. "He... is trying to wrest control?!"

"Nyancelot-" Yu gasped, blood flowing from her injury and forming into a small puddle underneath her while Titania rapidly rushed to her side, attempting to heal her but it was too late. Already she could feel the power in her body fading. Slowly, steadily... like the last grains of sand inside an hourglass. The Fairy Queen's eyes widened as she saw the wound inflicted upon Yu. "No... this can't be happening!" She muttered. "Yu, stay with us!" She cried out. But Yu could barely hear her anymore. All she could focus on was the sight of Nyancelot fighting against Oberon. "Nyancelot..." She whispered softly. "Don't worry, I'll save you." The fairy queen said. "I'm sorry..." Yu said. "Don't say that, it's not your fault." Titania said. "But... I promised..." Yu replied. "Please... Save Nyancelot." Yu called out as she felt her eyes slowly close themselves. The last of her strength fading away. As darkness engulfed her being Yu could find herself drifting away, as if something was carrying her soul into some sort of stream. Was this... the end?

As she pondered these thoughts she couldn't help but feel worried about Nyancelot. Even if Oberon had captured him, the Exceed was still fighting to wrest control over whatever had possessed him from within the void. When did it even succeed in doing that? Was it when she tried to nullify the Fractured Sky in Talaz Lagaar? Then Nyancelot's possession was all her fault? Or did the thing appear when the Fractured Sky appeared above Caelum?

Even now worries were accompanied by anger, anger at the fact something had been so cowardly as to possess Nyancelot against his will. To think the void and its denizen were fearing her efforts to stop their corruption from spreading.

In the sky overhead the Aspect of Albion took her true form, the majestic dragon exhaling a pure white breath onto the rift in the sky that forced it to close, but by then Yu had already been lost. In that moment the girl had died, not as a human but as a Fae.

Then again, was this the end of the story she wanted? Was this going to be the outcome of all she had fought for? What about these she would leave behind? For a moment the Exceed's tearful expression, so full of worry at her, and so full of anger at what he had done flashing before her mind. But what could she possibly do? Her injury had been fatal and no amount of healing magic could possibly nullify such a fate. Now that sounded like an amazing power: The ability to defy death, the ability to turn against the fate forced upon her by nullifying the destiny she had experienced. If such a power existed... She would have wanted to have it. Not to abuse its powers, but to protect these dear to her. Was that what her Sidhe had once meant with a wish? A ambition to call truly her own? And if so... what did that mean now?

#13Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:50 pm

Fei Yu
Chapter 11: A wish upon a tear

Nyancelot cried out in grief as he watched his lady perish before his eyes. Even if Oberon had created the cage made of vines as a way to protect him, Nyancelot still couldn't help but feel such overwhelming sadness as he literally lunged toward the direction the girl had fallen in. His blade cleaved into the prison, once, twice, even if the recoil of the hits caused his paws to bleed Nyancelot still continued onward, so determined he was to reach his master's side. Even if she was dead, even if she wouldn't wake up again... Nyancelot wanted to be there for her. He had failed her, he had let himself get possessed by the void, he had been too weak to fight it off. It was all his fault. "I'm sorry..." Nyancelot muttered softly as he broke through the cage, rushing to Yu's side.
"Yu!" Nyancelot cried out as he reached her, tears streaming down his face. "Please don't go! I'm sorry!" He pleaded. But Yu didn't respond. She just lay there, motionless. "Yu... please..." Nyancelot begged. "Don't leave me alone..." He sobbed. "I need you..." He whispered. "I love you..." Nyancelot said as he gently placed his head on top of Yu's. "So please... come back to me." Oberon gritted his teeth, attempting to control his emotions but to his disbelief saw Nyancelot crawl back to his feet.

"A world... without Yu... isn't worth fighting for... isn't worth living for." Titania only realized too late what Nyancelot was planneing. "Nyancelot- what are you planning?" To her disbelief she watched the feline grab a hold of his blade and point it in front of him, the edge aimed at his torso. "Do you think your death will make her happy?!" Titania cried out. "No, but at least it means I'll be with her again." Nyancelot replied. "Don't do this! You can't die here!" Oberon called out. "Why not? Yu is gone, what else do I have left?" Nyancelot asked. "You have us! We can help you!" Oberon said. "No, I won't let you stop me! This is the least I can do to pay for my crimes! I will be with Yu again!" As the feline exclaimed these words his blade thrust forwards and... The Fairy Queen gasped in shock as she saw the blade pierce through Nyancelot's body, blood flowing from the wound as the Exceed collapsed onto his knees. "Nyancelot!" Yet as the cat fell down onto the ground he reached feebly toward Yu's hand. "I'm sorry Yu... I'll be with you soon."

Yet to his disbelief the Exceed watched as from the place the girl's heart was situated at a faint glow resonated. "The Sidhe?" Titania whispered in disbelief as she watched the glow of light leave Yu's body. "What's going on?" Oberon asked. "I don't know, but it looks like something is happening." Titania replied, Meanwhile in the darkness...

A wish... It is something weird isn't it? At times people often say they have so many things to wish for, and yet often they find them to not be entirely necessary. But in that moment as she died Yu had one wish: To save her friend. It was that wish that resonated with her Sidhe as Yu felt her consciousness drifting through the stream of life, and a voice called out to her, it gave her a purpose: Protect that you hold dear, and strike down that which would threaten to take it from you. It was then she found herself in a strange realm, surrounded by a vast sea of stars. In front of her stood a large mirror, its surface reflecting her image. And yet as she looked closer she noticed something different about herself. Her hair was longer and more voluminous, and her eyes were now a deep emerald green instead of their usual dark blue. but more peculiar were the wings that grew from her back, a Fairy's wings. "Wait, I can't stay here! Nyancelot needs me!"

As if her words ignited something, the realm faded away as a pillar of light was cast upon the floating Sidhe. First a pure white, then it looked like it was crackling with a black fiery energy, the lights repeatedly changed in color as Titania watched Yu's body being consumed entirely by the light, and in the end Nyancelot could only stare in disbelief at the sky as his lady had returned, not as a Fae... but as a Fairy this time.

As the fairy descended and opened her eyes the same kind expression as before appeared on her face. "Nyancelot-" Yu whispered softly as she knelt down beside the Exceed, holding his small feline body in her arms. "Yu... I'm so... so sorry... please, please forget about me... my crimes... to have hurt my lady like this, please let them fade into nothingness like me."

But Yu shook her head lightly. "No, I can't do that." She said. "Why not?" Nyancelot asked. "Because I love you too much to let you go." Yu replied. "Besides, you're my partner aren't you?" Hearing these words Nyancelot smiled sorrowfully at her, a paw raised to her cheek. "I will never forget you Nyancelot: You who were always at my side, the first friend I ever made. The gentlest knight of all... and I will never forgive the Void for taking you away from me."

To which Nyancelot mewled softly. "It... was a honor to serve you... my lady..." and then the life finally faded from the Exceed, leaving Yu to weep bitterly at the events that had unfolded that day. That day the void and its denizen had made a sworn enemy, and she wouldn't rest until the one responsible for her loss would suffer her grief twelve-fold!

Even as Titania and Oberon attempted to comfort her, Yu's sorrow didn't disappear even in the slightest. Fortunately by then the chaos had stopped, the monsters from the void had all been slain and as people were tending to each other's wounds Yu asked for Titania and Oberon to accompany her for a moment to a more secluded place. She knew if the others learned of what had happened, they likely would still blame Nyancelot for the commotion so instead she wanted to give him a proper goodbye before his corpse could be desecrated.

After they helped gather her wood for kindling and the Exceed's body gently burned away thanks to the magic of the Fae, Yu told the others she would join them soon at the tower, and sensing she needed a moment by herself they left her to think.

"So here you are..." Yu turned around to look at the one calling for her, it was Albion. The disguised dragon looked somberly at the pyre. "I guess help came too late for him." upon which Yu nodded her head. "Is this the true nature of the void and its denizen?" Yu asked, her voice clearly laced with anger and bitterness, but Albion shook his head lightly. "I don't know, even I can't comprehend how exactly the void works or what happened to these that dwell inside it."

But nonetheless, Yu had made her oath: she wouldn't rest until the day the one responsible for this had paid, and they surely would expect her reckoning!

#14Fei Yu 

Tick Tock Goes the Clock~ [Epic SL] Empty Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:15 pm

Fei Yu
Chapter 12: Farewell my hero.

As the days passed Yu's sorrow had turned into bitter resolve. Ever since Nyancelot's death and her ascension as a fairy she had become adamant about the research into the void, to the point it almost bordered on a obsession. With nobody left to confine in like she used to, it was hard to figure out what Yu was thinking or planning, beyond the fact that her grudge toward the void and its denizen remained. Even now as she sat in the director's office of the Clock Tower, Yu couldn't help but feel a sense of emptiness inside her heart. But even so she had to press on, she had to find a way to stop the void from spreading. And yet she felt so alone, so lost.

"Are you alright?" A voice called out from behind her. Looking behind her Yu spotted Titania looking worriedly at her. "Yes, I'm fine." Yu replied curtly as she averted her gaze. "You don't look fine to me." The Fairy Queen said sorrowfully. She knew all too well that ever since Nyancelot had died the girl had immersed herself into her research. "What are you doing here?" Yu asked, knowing full well how busy someone like Titania could be. "I came to check up on you, it's been a while since you last talked to anyone." Titania replied, a gently hand extending to Yu's shoulder but the fairy brushed her off. "I see, well, thank you for your concern, but I'm fine." Yu's words quickly earned a protest from the Fairy Queen. "No, you're not." Titania said. Clearly Yu had been bottling up all her grief and anger since that day. "Please, talk to me." She pleaded but her pleas fell onto deaf ears. "There is nothing to talk about." Yu said. "I'm just trying to do my job." She added coldly.

"And I'm telling you that you need to take a break." Titania answered sorrowfully, attempting to convince the girl. "I can't do that, not when there is still so much work to be done." Yu replied, yet it was what followed that made her pause for a moment. "What would Nyancelot have told you at a time like this?" To which Yu bit her lip slightly, her eyes narrowing. "He would tell me to rest." She muttered. "Then why aren't you listening to him?" Titania asked softly.

"Because he's dead!" Yu cried out, tears streaming down her face. "He's gone! And I can't bring him back!" She sobbed. "I know..." Titania said gently as she trailed a hand over Yu's hair. "But you shouldn't let his death consume you like this." She added. "I'm not-" Yu began but was cut off by Titania. "Yes, you are. You've been pushing yourself too hard lately." She expressed the worry her colleagues had been having as well. "I'm just trying to protect those I care about." Yu's almost monotone response made Titania all the more worried. "I know, but you can't keep going on like this." Titania said. "At least take a moment to rest, I'm sure that is what Nyancelot would have wanted as well."

As Titania left the room Yu went quiet for a moment, leaning back in her chair as she let the silence in the room consume her thoughts. It was so cold and empty ever since Nyancelot died. After a while Yu noticed a faint whisper calling out to her, and straining her senses Yu could hear it was Albion. "Do you wish to meet him? If so I can find a way for you to see Nyancelot one last time. Come to my tomb." Yu nodded her head lightly at the words of the spirit, getting up from her seat and heading toward the door. As she walked through the halls of the tower she couldn't help but notice the other fairies looking at her with pity. They knew full well what had happened to her, and they all felt sorry for her. But Yu didn't want their sympathy, she just wanted to be alone.
Upon reaching the tomb she found the same fairy from before waiting for her. "You came." The fairy said as she opened the door leading into the tomb. After a moment she explained.

"My tomb also is quite close to the life stream, so it is not impossible for me to try to reach out to Nyancelot, but please keep in mind this will be your last chance to see him." Yu nodded her head in understanding. "I understand, thank you." She said. "No problem." The fairy replied. "Now then, follow me."

As they descended the stairs Yu could see that at the center of the room was a small familiar shape, a small feline exceed clad in a shining armor that could have belonged to a knight. "Nyancelot?" Yu whispered softly as she approached the figure. "I'm here." A voice called out, causing Yu to turn her gaze toward the source of the sound. There standing next to her was Nyancelot, the Exceed smiling gently at her. "Nyahaha, you still are the same worrylass I remember. But please Yu... don't be so sad. Remember my favorite saying?"

Hearing these words the fairy smiled sorrowfully: "A smile better suits a hero?" She asked softly. "Yes, that's right. So please, smile for me one last time." Nyancelot replied with a grin. "I'm sorry, I can't do that." Yu said as she sobbed softly, upon which Nyancelot tilted hit head lightly to the side in bewilderment. "Why not?" Nyancelot asked to which Yu explained sorrowfully. "Because I miss you too much."

Yu reply made the Exceed nod his head in response. "I know, but you'll be alright." Nyancelot said proudly, clearly believing in her. "How can you be so sure?" Yu's question made the Exceed laugh heartily. "Because you're strong, stronger than anyone I've ever met." Nyancelot replied. "But I'm not-" Yu began but was cut off by Nyancelot. "Yes, you are. You always have been." He said, kneeling down before her "I believe in you, my lady." He added.

"Thank you." Yu said, attempting her best to smile. "I love you." Nyancelot spoke with a sheepish grin. "I love you too." Yu exclaimed as she attempted to reach out to the exceed. "Then promise me you'll be happy." Nyancelot said, his body shimmering weakly "I will." Yu replied with newfound determination. "Good, now then, I think it's time for us to say goodbye." Nyancelot said as he climbed back onto his feet. "No, not yet!" Yu cried out. "Please, there is still so much I want to tell you!" She pleaded but it was an impossible request. "I know, but we can't stay together forever." Nyancelot said with a weak smile. "at least until we meet again at the other side someday."

Yu nodded her head lightly in affirmation "Now take care of Caelum for me, I don't want my home to be consumed by some grimmy evil void. To which Yu giggled softly. "I'll make sure to send you any cleaning bills iccured." The Exceed laughed warmly. "It was a honor to be your friend... Yu."

And with these words the Exceed dissapeared entirely, leaving behind a silent Yu. When Yu finally got back to the tomb she called out to Albion. "Please make ready Albion, I'm going to look more into the void, and would like for you to accompany me please."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum