Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

From the Ashes [Event]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ittindi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:55 pm

Ittindi
Ittindi had his Rune Knight uniform on, rumors were already swirling back at Headquarters that he was due for a promotion soon. Some of his subordinates weren’t particularly happy about the news, but it was due to Ittindi’s performance in combat. It was a little depressing that he was applauded for his violent efforts instead of all his cleaning initiatives. Which all the higher ups seemed to enjoy, but his fellow Rune Knights never seemed so excited. It was in pursuance of his promotion that he found himself in Joya. He was helping with the logistics of the rebuilding efforts. Ittindi had missed what caused the damage, though he had heard enough from the news. It didn’t help that a large part of the Rune Knight seemed to use similar technology as the mechanical island he was around. He had seen Tōga’s name on an attendance sheet, but he wasn’t sure they’d actually run into each other the country was large after all.

Ittindi was at one of the man checkpoints turned into a relief point by the magic council as well as multiple charities. Ittindi was surprised by who he saw in a distance, even rubbing his eyes for validity. Sure enough in the distance talking to some others was none other than his Young Master. Ittindi would saunter over, making sure he wasn’t interrupting anything to important. Either way he’d probably fine between the Rune Knight Uniform and the badge he had on designating him as a “Brain” of the relief efforts he should have decent authority.

”Greetings Young Master. I didn’t expect to see you here. Are you here on business perhaps? Or were one of yours one to donate to this relief effort?”

Ittindi excitement was almost on the surface, Knuckles would surely notice. However others might see it as a micromanaging hand. Ittindi was always curious what his Young Master was up too, especially with part of his ideals possibly being in contention with Ittindi’s new position. Either way he always enjoyed being able to work alongside his Young Master. He’d look down at his clipboard which had different authorization ideas for how the civilians would receive equal amount of rations. With panic of warfare on the horizon, the next thing to combat was the people who took advantage of the aftermath. Service was a hard but fulfilling life.

WC: 394

#2Knuckles Shi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:12 pm

Knuckles Shi

Knuckles found himself in the midst of preparing two rituals, one dedicated to Odin and the other to Eir. The first was intended to fortify the spirits of the warriors who, though still possessing the ability to fight, had perhaps lost the will or had been demoralized after the last battle. Gathering the necessary materials for each ritual, Knuckles proceeded with his preparations.
To invoke Odin's blessings in war, the ancient Norse would often perform a sacred rite known as Blót. This ritual involved offering food, drink, and sometimes even animal sacrifices to the god. Participants would gather in a hallowed grove, where a priest would officiate the ceremony. They would call upon Odin, the Lord of Battles and Victory, reciting ancient verses and beseeching his favor in the impending conflict. The culmination of the ceremony would be the sharing of the offerings among the participants, symbolizing Odin's acceptance of their tribute.
For the purpose of healing, it was customary to invoke the goddess Eir, the Norse deity of healing. The healing ritual would typically take place in a tranquil and serene setting, preferably near a natural water source. The afflicted individual or their representative would present tokens of gratitude, such as handmade items or natural herbs, to Eir, seeking her restorative powers. Following this, the supplicant would immerse a piece of cloth into the water, uttering a plea to Eir, and gently applying the cloth to the area in need of healing. Through this symbolic act, Eir's curative energy would be transferred.
In this way, Knuckles diligently prepared the rituals, seeking divine intervention from Odin and Eir, each in their respective domains, in order to empower the warriors and bring about healing to those in need.

From behind, he could hear the familiar voice of his beloved friend, Ittindi, a man with whom he had grown up in the confines of the Shi family manor. Knuckles had last encountered the butler when he was still associated with the Crime Gang, but that was no longer the case. The path of his faith had steered him away from that life. While he acknowledged his demonic nature and lacked nobility, he had transitioned into a mercenary under the banner of Paradise Dawn, the same guild he had raided a year ago. This guild was now led by the very man who had defeated him in a one-on-one combat.

Raising to his feet Knuckles extended his right arm up to his shoulder where he pointed to the "healers" patch on his shoulder, a red cross.  "Ittindi, a pleasure to see you. Everytime I see you Odin blesses me haha. I am here on business I think you could say,  I see you are also leading assistance.  I was about to head out on a patrol and give the blessing of the gods to the warriors and the wounded, see if any of the injured could assist in supporting roles. Care to join me?"

WC: 497

"There shall never be peace as long as there are Gods in a Man's world"
#3Ittindi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:50 am

Ittindi
Ittindi was pleased to see that his Young Master was indeed here on business. His shoulder patch indicated he had volunteered as a healer, Ittindi wasn’t even aware the Young Master knew that art. It did make sense, with how many fights he found himself in it probably saved him quite the amount of jewels to heal himself. Ittindi would smile a big unnatural smile at seeing him giving back to the community in such a kind way. This might be one of the few times that their business intersected and Ittindi wouldn’t be questioning his morals. It was like a dream; it did seem that way more often in foreign countries. Maybe that was how he needed to visit his Young Master, after all out of country most of his crimes weren’t known.

”Why of course Young Master, that sounds perfect, I can do an inspection of the supply counts at the same time. I find that in moments like these people will take advantage of the poor before the rich. No doubt scared of the powerful such as yourself Young Master. Have you ever thought starting a noble family in another Country Young Master?”

Ittindi was ready to move whenever the Young Master needed as he spoke calmly at Knuckles. The others in the crowd seemed a little apprehensive at the idea of a member of the Rune Knights calling Knuckles Young Master. Ittindi hadn’t been called out on it yet, but even if he were he didn’t mind arguing here or there. Especially for something so near and dear to him. He did hope his suspicions on supplies were ill founded. When he had run over the numbers the other night he had found a discrepancy with some of the specialty medication. The likelihood of finding out you had some of these long-term diseases because of a war were…. well very unlikely but possible. Ittindi planned to follow up on some of those leads during his time in Joya, but now he could do it with his Young Master. It inspired a quite confidence in him, Ittindi had grown since the last time they met, and even now he could feel that soon he’d climb another level. He could still see the gap between them, as wide as a canyon, but now the end was in sight. It wouldn’t be much longer before he could start attempting in vain to fight against his Young Master. He knew that nothing would make Knuckles prouder. Once they were on the move, alone, and the Young Master had responded adequately Ittindi would ask another question.

”So Young Master, are there any partners on the horizon or do your gods forbid that? You know a family wouldn’t be the worse thing, I’ve been researching into ways to live longer to try and keep up with your…affliction we’ll say.”

Ittindi didn’t often bring up the fact that Knuckles certain pacts would probably prolong his life. One of the other minor parts of joining the Rune Knights was to learn some of the mysterious ways that regular humans prolong their lives. He had found a couple, though they were much more costly than Ittindi initially thought, his savings still weren’t enough. Hopefully he would be able to afford such a method or find something in his quests before he turned past 40. Preferably keeping his younger state, even know the Young Master looked better than Ittindi age wise.

WC: 575
TWC: 969

#4Knuckles Shi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:52 pm

Knuckles Shi

After exchanging greetings with his friend, Knuckles returned to his task. Once he finished gathering the necessary items, Knuckles set them ablaze and closed his eyes, reciting a silent prayer. Ittindi posed an unusual question that caught him off guard. Starting a new noble family? He had been so consumed by training and fighting that he hadn't even considered such a notion. His sole focus had been on conquest and strength.

"No, Ittindi, I haven't. I fail to see why anyone would desire a man like me. There's no need to be secretive about my circumstances; we both know what I am. Perhaps you have some inkling as well. There are moments when I question if I'm truly the master of my own actions."

Ittindi's influence on Knuckles cannot be understated. Despite their stark differences, the constant dialogue and exchange of perspectives between them led Knuckles to question his own beliefs and actions, adding a new dimension to his once unidirectional pursuit of power and strength. Ittindi's probing questions not only sparked introspection in Knuckles but also brought to the fore the idea of forming a noble lineage, a concept previously unconsidered by Knuckles. Whether these subtle nudges were intentional or not, Ittindi's presence undoubtedly ignited a desire for self-awareness and potential self-evolution in Knuckles, a testament to the profound impact of their relationship.

Seeing as if he was being waited on Knuckles gave a big smile and patted his friend on the back as he nodded towards the road. "Let us be on our way my friend."  As they traveled down the road to where they were more alone Ittindi hit him with another question.   Knuckles lifted his head to the sky as he thought about it. What women had even interacted with outside of clients?  There was Jikan of course, but he did not have feeling such of that towards her. A commrad and a friend yes but not a lover, nor did he feel that way with the woman Mimi whom had a large tiger like pet, she was more his style but she was too shy, not bold enough.  Then there was Zardi and Nana, the two women from the crimal organization he had been apart of.

"While my gods to allow it, and welcome it I might add, there is no such woman for me at this time.  "
What bothered Knuckels was that his friend was seeking ways to extend his life much as Knuckles had unknowing done. One of the up sides to his deal with the demon.
"I urge you to not speak such things into the air, Ittindi mythical beings of power are always around listening and will use what you say as ways to lure you into becoming dark things. Things that fuel their power rather than your own. "

Knuckles' past relationships offer an intriguing glimpse into his character and life experiences. With Jikan, a long-standing comrade and friend, Knuckles shared a bond forged in the fires of countless battles and shared trials. While their relationship was not romantic, it was built on mutual respect and trust, foundational values that Knuckles held in high regard. However, Jikan was not a potential romantic partner for him, as he didn't harbor feelings in that aspect towards her.
The timid Mimi, with her large, tiger-like pet, presented a different dynamic. Mimi was more in line with Knuckles' preference in women, but her shyness was a factor he found off-putting. Knuckles was drawn to boldness—a trait he felt Mimi lacked.

Zardi and Nana, women associated with his past criminal organization, introduced Knuckles to a world of danger, intrigue, and power. His relationship with them was undoubtedly unique and complex, shaped by the darker undertones of the organization they were a part of. However, their involvement in his life didn't extend to a romantic sphere.

Thus, despite his various interactions and connections with women, Knuckles found himself lacking a romantic counterpart in his life, a situation that he seemed to accept with a level-headed perspective. His focus remained on his own spiritual journey and personal growth, undistracted by the potential complications of romantic attachments.

"Please accept my belated congratulations on your knighthood. I recall our previous encounter when you aspired to join their esteemed ranks. I sincerely hope that you are treated with the fairness you deserve. Now that you have become a part of their esteemed order, you may come across tidbits of information regarding myself, Ittinidi. Before taking any action based on these rumors, I kindly request that you seek clarification directly from me."

#5Ittindi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:25 am

Ittindi
Ittindi didn’t see the problem with his Young Master’s affliction, as he liked to call it. Though the mentioning of him not being in control all the time worried Ittindi. He had always assumed that the decisions he made were of his own faculty and he wasn’t aware of the deal influencing him until this moment. Did that mean that it was even more of a duty to see if there was a cure? Or should he let his Young Master handle it all on his own? More questions often came from learning more about his Young Master, or did Knuckles use his affliction as an excuse? Ittindi had also seen this be the case for many growing up. That it became easier to lay blame at the feet of external issues rather than face one’s true self to introspect was a skill not used by many. Either way it seemed that his Young Master hadn’t given much thought to starting a family. No doubt a seed planted by Ittindi’s suggestion he’d worry about that later, on top of the slew of problems that had been created by that one fateful night at the Shi Manor.

As they got on the move, the Young Master would give Ittindi a sign of confidence as he answered his next question. Ittindi had to try not to laugh at the thought of being tempted by a darker being. A supernatural one at that, he knew a similar situation had happened to his Young Master, but Ittindi didn’t plan on using his money on anything so..well out of his hands. The artifacts he had heard about were just that, artifacts things that could be taken off or stolen. He assumed that’s why most didn’t view them as favorably as Ittindi. They worried about thieves, Ittindi was in the Rune Knights now if there was anywhere that was a fortress that was it. He also didn’t plan on telling anyone about the artifact besides the Young Master. How he’d locate such an artifact was still beyond his means, but he was saving in case one came on market. He was scouring rumors and any sources at the Rune Knight Headquarters for legends of such artifacts. His goal would be met, he didn’t need to live forever just long enough to stay young for a lifetime.

”I’ll keep that in mind Young Master, I don’t plan on making any deals. I rather like my humanity, but I of course will let you know any progress I make on that front. The only power I’ll be fueling is the rest of humanities.”

Ittindi truly meant humanity, which he still counted Knuckles on the side of despite protests from others. It didn’t help that his Young Master had an appetite for the darker things in life. Ittindi had seen what had helped him accrue his bounty in his time in the Rune Knights. There hadn’t been much recent activity, which made Ittindi happy. Still, there would have to be a day hopefully not to soon when he might be asked to capture his Young Master. Ittindi wondered if he was allowed to pay bail for another criminal. That was a part of his service that none in the Rune Knight seemed to understand. Did a criminal not deserve a chance of rehabilitation? How developed was the court system of Fiore and did it seek to punish or rehabilitate? All things that had to be considered with criminality; crime was complicated there was a reason some scholars devoted their whole life to it.

As if reading his mind Knuckles would congratulate him on his recent addition to the Rune Knights. Then he’d mention his own crimes, albeit bashfully. It was perhaps one of the few times that Ittindi witnessed his Young Master display something similar to shame. Not that Ittindi would even consider arresting him unless under a direct order from higher or if he found a way to fix that supernatural deal/contract. Either way Ittindi didn’t mind assuaging his Young Master’s worries.

”Of course Young Master, I wouldn’t arrest anyone without doing my own investigating. I’ve found that there is some corruption in the Rune Knights like any organization. Just another thing to clean, in my eternal quest.”

WC: 710
TWC: 1,679

#6Knuckles Shi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:45 pm

Knuckles Shi

Knuckles was reassured to hear Ittinidi say he would not be accepting any deals from any beings. He was glad his friend would not have to suffer from the same type of conflicts as he would. The internal battle within himself was a lot to deal with at every turn. Lately, he had been doing rituals to his gods to assist in the conflict, using them to battle the demon who had his soul. He had got visions from his gods of a cure, a magic exterior that could cure him of his contract while allowing Knuckles to redeem his powers from it. He had to find it at all costs.

They had been walking long enough for them to come up to the first camp. It was near a river bed allowing the troops there to be able to have a steady supply of food and water. This was the fallback point for the next three Forward operating bases. Knuckles would nod over to a group of men lying in and around a tent with a red cross on it.
"I will tend to those who are injured and give them the prayer of my gods. I think the communications tent is next to it. If I find any souls who can assist you I will send them your way. Whoever finishes first can meet the other one. "
Knuckles would await to see if his friend would agree with the plan, if so Knuckles would move out to the medical tent. Upon entering he saw those who fell victim to their enemies. Men covered in white bandages littered the tent, there were so many of them. Part of Knuckles felt bad for them the other part of him was happy they were living the truest life of a warrior.
Knuckles would scan the tent for the medical staff and go meet them.
"Knuckles Shi reported, I brought supplies from Base camp and looked for the men who have the lightest of wounds. "
He would be greeted with a warm smile as he handed over the medical supplies from his backpack and then was pointed to those who were the least injured. His first stop was to those with the most injuries. He began to pray to his gods in pagan pray asking his gods to speed these men's recovery so they may return to battle. For those on death's door, he made sure they had a weapon in their hands not so they could take their own lives but so that if they crossed over into the realm of the dead they would be taken to Valhalla.

Once he was done he would go to the three men who were the least injured. One was missing his right hand, another was cut across his face, and the last had a gash across his torso making it impossible to wear armor or draw his bow. Knuckles approached these men and asked if they still wished to assist the war effort and suggested they find the communications tent.
Knuckles then extended the tent and went near the water where he laid out the ritual he had prepared and set it down making the required sacrifice to his gods to bring healing to those of this camp. He would then move towards the garrison tents.

Knuckles' sacrifices for the sake of healing are a testament to his deep-seated faith and dedication. Engaging in ancient pagan rituals, he calls upon his gods to assist in the restoration and recovery of the wounded soldiers. His offerings are not simply material or symbolic - they are extensions of his spirit, his pledge to these men who have fought valiantly.
The sacrifices made for healing go beyond the physical, they delve into the realm of the spiritual, where energy, intent, and faith meld into a potent force. This is more than just an act of healing; it's a profound display of compassion and kinship. Even in the face of adversity, even when the odds seem insurmountable, these sacrifices for healing evoke a sense of hope and resilience, reinforcing the belief in a future where they can rise again, stronger and more determined.
In the end, Knuckles' sacrifices aren't just for the physical healing of his comrades; they're a way for him to keep their spirits alive, to assure them that even in their most vulnerable moments, they're not alone. They have a warrior by their side who will fight for them, not just on the battlefield, but in the spiritual realm, where the real battles are often opposed.

WC:769
TWC2027

#7Ittindi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:25 am

Ittindi
As they arrived at the forward operating base Ittindi could already see a couple of issues. Luckily for them he wasn’t here in that capacity, instead just needing to report a proper listing of all serialized gear and other important counts. He’d start to look around more when his Young Master interrupted. He wanted to go do his work at the tent, and told him were the comm tent was, most likely that’d be the operation center. Ittindi assumed he’d finish first, with conflict there were never enough medical personnel.

”Sounds like a plan, I’ll see you soon Young Master.”

Walking into the communication tent, Ittindi was surprised by the advanced amount of technology crammed inside. He had no idea what any of it did but there were wires everywhere, and he saw that one of the operators had a more advanced headset then what he was used too. As he walked in he saw he had received happy greetings. Introducing himself to everyone, they’d give him a list with counts for him to double check. They’d give him some tips on dealing with some of the groups he might encounter while doing his count. Overall, it seemed simple enough, though one of the men looked a little worried about sending Ittindi out there. It was as he was walking out of the tent that he bumped into the help that his friend had sent him.

”Hello Gentlemen, I’ll just need your help showing me around camp. I’m an outsider, better to have a familiar face around for security.”

Some would grunt one would say ok, as they followed behind Ittindi. He would walk slower for them, but not mention anything as they made their way to the first “warehouse” tent that had a guard posted outside. One of the men would stay outside and have a smoke with the guard, they seemed to be friends. Going inside the tent, Ittindi was again surprised by the efficiency of the packing and overall space usage inside the large tent. Doing his counts Ittindi didn’t see anything wrong though he did find a hole developing on part of the roof. Noting it in his report, he’d head back to the Communication tent. Once they were back they had some small things that needed to be done in the tent and they had the 3 men attend to them. They seemed to be happy to be out of their beds and kept their chatter down to a minimum. Meanwhile Ittindi had to send a report back, the Joyans were very specific on how they wanted their reports. Ittindi had suspected that was part of the reason he had been sent; he was very meticulous when it came to paperwork.

After he was done relaying the report Ittindi would wipe some sweat off his forehead. Ready to go see his Young Master, he hated extended communication on these devices. He’d much prefer to talk face to face with someone, it was so hard to capture all the nuance of conversation with no visual cues. He’d walk into the hospital tent to see if his Young Master was still there waving goodbye to everyone in the tent as he left.

WC: 635
TWC: 2,314

#8Knuckles Shi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:17 pm

Knuckles Shi

Knuckles stood at the entrance of the tent, having just completed the rituals and bestowed blessings upon those in Camp. He watched as Ittindi entered the tent, knowing that their time for such activities was now over. With a nod towards the outside of the tent, he indicated that they should move away from prying eyes, not wanting to dampen the spirits of their fellow warriors.

As he reached into his pocket and pulled out a toothpick to chew on, Knuckles couldn't help but feel a sense of duty and camaraderie with his comrades. The rituals had connected him with his gods, and now he felt a deeper connection with the warriors he fought alongside.

"I am not sure about you, old friend, but I feel as if these gentlemen need a little assistance," Knuckles said, his voice filled with determination. "I know it is not really our place to do so. Perhaps we can find a more direct way to aid them."

He flashed a devilish grin at Ittindi, hoping his friend would catch on to his unspoken intentions. The rush of battle and confrontation called to Knuckles, but this was about more than just seeking that adrenaline high. It was about evening the odds, ensuring the success of their mission, and protecting their comrades.

"Clean up the battlefield if you will," Knuckles added, phrasing it in a way that he thought Ittindi would appreciate. He awaited his friend's response, hoping that they shared the same desire to make a difference and ensure victory for their comrades, even if it meant taking matters into their own hands.

Knuckles longed for battle, and that longing ran deep within his very core. It wasn't just a fleeting desire or a whim; it was a fundamental part of his being. The thrill of combat, the clash of weapons, and the adrenaline rush that came with it were like a drug to him. It was in his blood, his bones, and his very soul.

As a pagan warrior, Knuckles had been raised with a strong sense of honor and duty on the battlefield. He had been taught to embrace the chaos of combat, to revel in the heat of battle, and to fight fiercely for his beliefs and his people. The gods he worshipped were ones of war and valor, and they had instilled in him a deep sense of purpose in the midst of conflict.

The sound of clashing swords, the cries of his comrades, and the scent of sweat and blood in the air were all things that stirred his spirit. In battle, he felt alive, connected to a primal force that surged through him, making him feel invincible. The camaraderie he shared with his fellow warriors, the unspoken understanding that existed between them on the battlefield, was something he cherished.

But it wasn't just the physical aspects of battle that drew Knuckles in. It was also the mental and emotional challenge of it. The strategic planning, the split-second decision-making, and the sheer willpower required to push through the most dire of circumstances were all part of the thrill. Battle was a test of his mettle, a crucible in which he could prove his worth as a warrior and earn the favor of his gods.

In this moment, as he discussed the idea of intervening on the battlefield with Ittindi, that longing for battle burned bright within Knuckles. He knew that their skills, experience, and connection to the gods made them formidable on the battlefield. The idea of using their abilities to tip the scales in favor of their comrades filled him with a sense of purpose and anticipation. The prospect of rushing into the chaos of battle, the taste of victory, and the sting of wounds - it all called to him, making his heart beat with an eagerness that only a true warrior could understand.

WC 651
TWC 2678

#9Ittindi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:10 am

Ittindi
As Ittindi walked into the tent, he’d hear the voices of men quiet down. It was something that he had gotten used to as a butler, so it wasn’t much different now that he was an international cop as the citizens liked to say. He always found it odd that people feared him now more than most of the criminals he put away, law enforcement had to be more transparent about the way we did things while the criminals used flowered words to hide their brutality. It often lead to people like Ittindi being hated just for the sake of the uniform, something he was also used to from his time as a butler. He found the whole transplant of skills interesting, he thought he’d be going into the Rune Knights more blind than he did. As his Young Master would turn to greet Ittindi with a smile, well that wouldn’t be accurate. It was the closest thing that Ittindi saw to a smile most days from his Young Master. In truth it was a glance of mischief, a cry for physicality, again his mind went back to his Young Master’s words of not being in control.

The Young Master Ittindi knew before the accident was one prone to conflict, that was why there was doubt on how much influence his deal had on his psyche if any. Perhaps it just turned it from 100 to 115% in any case Ittindi wouldn’t be able to figure that out right now.  It seemed that the Young Master had heard similar rumors, of ruffians in the camp causing issues for others. Ittindi had the luck to not run into any yet, though now he was doubting their luck. If they had just tried him they might be lucky and have all bones intact. Now that his Young Master was on the hunt, there was no guarantee that the men would even live. Which sadly was something condoned by the Joyan penal code, betrayal held a high cost in this nation.

”Thank you Gentlemen, I won’t need your help around camp any further. By the way if I have to go out tonight what’s the one place I should avoid?”

Ittindi would finish dismissing his help after finding out where the trouble of the camp ran their business. He knew exactly where he’d go with his Young Master now, the bright side of all this. Now that he was in the Rune Knights they wouldn’t need him to act pathetic to get mugged, he’d be targeted just for his outfit. Once all of the men had dispersed and it was just the two of them Ittindi would talk again looking at his Young Master.

”Ok I got the location, we can head out there once the sun sets. Then we can go get a celebratory drink after, from what I heard shouldn’t be to tough for us. Though I do have to say Young Master, everytime I see you it tends to gravitate towards violence.”

Ittindi of course never minded helping his Young Master, but he had been wanting to do more than just what he did at work with him. He knew that his Young Master valued him for more than his ability in combat, it was just that was all the Rune Knights seemed to be interested in. They even let him start his own cleaning initiatives if it meant more sparring time or advanced missions for their unit. Since Ittindi was such a low rank he couldn’t claim most of the accolades for himself. He knew once he was a higher rank he’d have to contend with the fact that he’d basically have zero accomplishments on his record due to this. Still not as unusual as anything he encountered in the butler game. Staff members especially permanent manor members were cutthroat in obtaining higher roles within the house. Ittindi had enough merits in combat to carry him through, but it was starting to have the effect of lessening his appreciation for it. He possibly just needed to approach it in a different light, his magic was just so deadly, he knew that eventually he’d be able to get one of those guns. Perhaps focusing himself into those would help cure some of his boredom with fighting.

WC: 716
TWC: 3,030

#10Knuckles Shi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:48 pm

Knuckles Shi

As always he could count on Ittindi to get the details. Knuckles was noble raised and Ittinidi though a butler was the child he had spent most of his time with.  He never looked down on the boy when they were kids and he did not do so now that they were men. Though life had taken them down different paths, they had crossroads every step of the way.    Ittindi's words struck true however, most of the time those paths crossed, leading to violence. It only made Knuckles wonder if he was cursed or if this was the work of his patron.  This time, however, he could at least hope Ittindi and himself were heading into something that benefited all and not just one or the other. It was time for two fights. The one to aid these troops, and the one with his demon within his head.  Could he prevent himself from getting lost in the blood lust?

Ittindi had set the time, until then they could relax. "Very well sunset it is. Until then, why don't you answer a few questions I have for you?" His eyes narrowed as he spoke softer though not softly.   "You go from Sleeping Calamity to the Rune Knights. Take away how I had to fight them upon founding that guild but, why them of all the guilds? What are you truly after, pair that with all the sudden interest in extending your life and It leads me to believe that certain Butler is using the Rune Knights as a resource."

Knuckles has come to terms with the fact that he's made choices in the past that have led to violence and destruction. He acknowledges that these choices have consequences, and he's resolved to make amends for his actions, even if it means joining the organization he once opposed.

The presence of the inner demon and the bloodlust it brings is a source of constant inner conflict for Knuckles. He's torn between the desire to do good and the struggle to control the darkness within him. The doubt lingers, and he wonders if he'll ever be able to prevent himself from succumbing to his darker instincts.

WC 376
TWC 3054

#11Ittindi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:10 pm

Ittindi
As they waited for the sun to set his Young Master had questions for him. No doubt they’d be more invasive then the last time they met. Ittindi had been surprised by his master’s lack of questions about him joining the Rune Knights in general. That was until he asked the question, Ittindi would pause, almost saying what to let the question sink in. It wasn’t that Ittindi was insecure about himself or his dreams, its just that very few people asked after him. Being so well put together, and so assuredly confident had always led people to assume.

”Well, its not that complicated Young Master, I’m still after the same thing I told you last time. I will become the world’s greatest butler, as for the Rune Knights I like servicing the people of the world and they enable that. I think part of my mistake was thinking that following the same path of all the butlers before me but doing better would make me the best.”

Ittindi would pause for a second before continuing, with his refined truths. It wasn’t that Ittindi didn’t have full passion in what he was saying, but the origin of these ideas wasn’t concurrent. In truth Ittindi was inspired to join the Rune Knights by a random conversation he had with a poor man who’s feet he was cleaning. It wasn’t until he sat down and thought about the Rune Knights seriously that he came up with all the reasons he could spout at others when probed.

”As for the age Young Master, its odd looking at you and seeing the age gap that has occurred, if I happen to find my answer because of the Rune Knights doesn’t change the reasons I serve them. I likely would have found them easier in a elite or dark guild. The only thing I look forward to in the Rune Knights is making rank to get one of those swell guns. You’ll have to help me practice with them Young Master, it might even end up being good practice for later.”

The last part was made in jest but knowing Knuckles it was possible he had already encountered the gun Ittindi spoke of. It was one of the few things made public from the merger, some of the technology joining the Rune Knights as well as the taxes on the citizenry to help subsidize the mass manufacturing of the technology.  Ittindi had thought of it a couple times, between his thread magic and one of those guns he’d be able to have a pretty good long to mid fight. He still needed to practice his close range, but he had seen courses from the Rune Knights for those eligible with the guns for that as well. It was hard to imagine using a gun in close quarters, but the Rune Knights would know better than most how to use the technology. He wondered if the original inventor imagined it being used in such a way. Ittindi would look back at his Young Master seeing if he had any more questions for him as they waited.

WC: 520
TWC: 3,550

#12Knuckles Shi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:10 pm

Knuckles Shi

As Knuckles listened to Ittindi's response, he could sense the sincerity in his friend's words. Ittindi had always been a man of service, and his desire to become the world's greatest butler was something Knuckles had known since their younger days. However, there was a new layer to Ittindi's motivations now The Rune Knights. The idea of serving the people and making a difference in a broader sense seemed to resonate with Ittindi. Knuckles nodded, appreciating the clarity in his friend's explanation.

"Service and improvement," Knuckles mused, considering Ittindi's words. "Simple yet profound goals. I can see the appeal in the Rune Knights for someone with your ideals. And the guns, well, they're a force to be reckoned with. I'm sure you'll master them in no time." As the conversation shifted, Knuckles couldn't help but feel a sense of responsibility for his friend's well-being. The mention of practice and potential future battles triggered a more serious tone in "Ittindi, I appreciate your commitment to your goals and your loyalty. But promise me, if things get too dangerous, you'll prioritize your safety. I don't want to see you get hurt because of our endeavors. We can find a balance between service and self-preservation." Ittindi had always been a vital part of Knuckles' life, and the thought of anything happening to him weighed on Knuckles' mind. The bond they shared went beyond their roles as master and butler; it was a connection forged through years of shared experiences and mutual understanding.

As they continued to wait for the sun to set, Knuckles looked upon the face of his friend, was there really a difference between the two? As far as Knuckles could tell the man had a great completion, though now that he thought about it. Knuckles was almost forty years of age, fought in battles with dragons and monsters and people from all over the world, and yet.  And yet, his skin remained unworn as a freshly turned young man, the same as he had made that deal all those nights ago.  He revered roles, how would Knuckles look at the situation if he knew Ittindi had gone down a dark path to accomplish his own goals, every time they met the evidence of his friend's fate was evident on his face.    

Knuckles groaned as he looked at the ground as he thought this. Conflict is apparent in his mind. While Ittindi was not really in service to Knuckles anymore and had not been in many years Knuckles turned to face his friend and forced his weights upon him into a grateful hug.   "You are too dear a friend for a worthless soul such as myself. Ittindi, I would wish you to never burden yourself with the choices I made. I do not deserve a friend like you. You know the sins I commit willingly the crimes, the blood spilt, yet there you stand unyielding like steel doors in a storm. "

Knuckles pulled away his eyes moist but not a tear, it was the most emotion he had experienced that was not rage or anger, this was love. Not of the romantic sorts, at least he was sure of that. This was the love of a friend who would forever rise with the tides of life. Ittindi did not seek longer life for his own dreams exactly, but so that he could be there with Knuckles throughout his own life so when he would need his Butler, the World's greatest was there.   "I dare say you are already the world's greatest Butler, and I'll smite them with Thor's lighting if they say otherwise."

#13Ittindi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:00 am

Ittindi
It was a tough ask, their were things that Ittindi could promise. Then there were things that he couldn’t fathom until he was in the moment, this was one of them. While Ittindi’s sense of pride was distorted to say the least he did have some. Would he be willing to live for his Young Master to trample over those values. Would he truly be Ittindi if his values were so easily compromised, would he be able to look at himself in the mirror and see the world’s greatest butler? He’d just have to get strong enough to avoid the question. It was avoidance, and he didn’t want to lie to his Young Master either.

”I can’t promise that Young Master, there’s certain things that are more important than life. I do value my life, but if it comes to certain things well…what would life be with nothing to fill it? I can’t live that way. I couldn’t be that kind of man I’d rather be dead, and I wouldn’t expect you to respect that kind of man.”

Normally Ittindi would just lie here, promise whatever to whoever when they needed to hear it. That was part of being the best butler, the best service to a stranger, acquaintance or coworker. His Young Master was none of those things, Ittindi didn’t mind being honest with at least one person in the world. He tried imagining himself opening up to some of the others he’s met in his adventures and not a single face came to mind. Hopefully he wouldn’t have to find out what that meant in the grander schemes of the law in regard to his Young Master.

As they continued towards the shadier side of the warcamp his Young Master would give him an endearing hug while saying more. Ittindi did wish he could promise such a thing to him, it hurt to be honest to those you loved. At Knuckles last words Ittindi would respond, before getting in the zone for what laid ahead.

”Well, it’ll soon become apparent to the world. First we have to clean up some ruffians, do you want to wager who they’ll go for first?”

On one hand, Ittindi had the greatest target on his back with his uniform on. His Young Master’s equipment looked to be worth more than a dragon’s cove. It’d be an interesting experiment either way as they finally arrived at their target. It was a quaternary inventory holding, hardly anything serialized was stored there, and the inventory sheet for the building had been in complete disarray. It now made sense as to why, especially how odd his tour of the area had been, it had been more controlled than any other part of the base. That was when out of nowhere a man fell in front of both Knuckles and Ittindi while another appeared almost at the same time speaking.

”I saw it, you folks just hurt my friend. The only way to make it up to us is to hand over all your belongings to pay for his hospital bill. Real slow like.”

As the man finished talking his hands were in his pockets as if ready to grab some kind of weapon. Ittindi didn’t know who would win the bet under these circumstances. In fact that being his first thought, Ittindi lost his composure and started to chuckle under his breath.

WC: 566
TWC: 4,116

#14Knuckles Shi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:59 am

Knuckles Shi

Knuckles did not get a promise to his question, however, he did get an answer he felt was honest and from the heart.  As they moved on closer to thier objective as dusk began t slowly creep into the evening.  Ittindi had proposed a bet to him, a bet that made Knuckles looked down as he scanned himself then the Rune Knight in Uniform. Even if it was not for the uniform the color alone would be enough to attract attention. Some might focus the butler because he was asking for attention in that color, but then again Knuckles wore leather armor with feathers, and his helmet was a claw's head with horns on it. if he had been wearing that now then the bet would be clear, who would not like to punch a clown? But as it was now it was a good toss up.

Out of no where two guess popped up onto them. Knuckles checked himself mentally seeing it he had perhaps had let his guard down too much while they had been talking. Though to attain the drop of both Ittindi and himself these two much of had some skill, which was enough to alert him to what their level of strength was at or at least and estimate.  Apparently thier game was to hussle people for whatever they were worth, exploiting their military position to do so. While Knuckles might not be apart of a crime syndicate any longer, he was still a man with a name in he underworld, technically still a Don who had his own following and soldiers.  it was clear these men did not know two did not know who they were messing with.   While Knuckles scanned the one that spoke with his hands in his pockets, Knuckles shifted his feet turning partly to the side the size up the other who had come from behind them. A very tall man covered in metal armor and a long sword, a clear scar down his face either a lesson learned or punishment given it he had to guess.

Then out of now where he saw the shoulders of Ittindi starting to rise and fall. Had something happened to him? Looking over at his friend's face he saw Ittindi struggling to battle back a chuckle.   This was going to be a fight for sure, but then he thought about it. Was Ittindi tying to get attacked first to win the bet?  

you have to forgive my friend you see he is just finding amusing that if we hurt your friend enough to have to pay for medical bills. Then why would simply turn over out jewels and belongings to you when we could just put you there with him.  Although, most people I hit with a hammer die rather quickly.

#15Ittindi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:50 pm

Ittindi
As his Young Master continued the joke, the two gentlemen didn’t seem to have a sense of humor. As the situation quickly became tense, the man talking would lunge out for Knuckles who seemed prepared to meet him. Meanwhile the guy on the ground started to move as Ittindi extended his arm out, a thread shooting down towards the man looking to pierce him in the groin. Ittindi wasn’t in the mood for a long-drawn-out fight, unfortunately for him the man moved fast enough that the thread nicked instead of severed. While he was bleeding he was still very capable of movement, Ittindi didn’t have time to see what Knuckles and the other man were up to. As Ittindi was rushed by the large man, who seemed to not only be stronger but faster than him. It was little surprise when, Ittindi tried to dodge, the man slammed his shoulder and sent Ittindi flying towards the wall. Ittindi had learned to do magic without the circles, and one of the greatest effects of this was his ability to feign spells. He’d extend his arm out, and like clockwork the man would start to move.

Except Ittindi knew it and was already on the move as well. He wasn’t as fast, but he had the advantage of foresight knowing his opponent would fall for his feign. As the man came out of his quick side roll Ittindi arm would still be outstretched but this time a spell would come out piercing the man in his gut. He’d scream out, before he’d cut the thread with his sword. Throwing a ball to the ground smoke would erupt in the immediate 4-meter radius, Ittindi could no longer see where his opponent was. He’d quickly summon a shield to protect himself, to no avail as the first strike sent him stumbling, Ittindi wasn’t sure which direction. He’d try to focus his breathing to get a position of his opponent. This time he’d managed to have his shield up in time as he stopped the blow aimed at his rib cage.  It gave Ittindi an idea for the future, he should create a shield that was sticky on the outside. That way he could disarm his opponent, or at least disrupt their rhythm that was still a win.

Ittindi had a goal, a simple enough one he needed to finish this man before his Young Master helped. The smoke was still thick, and he hadn’t found a way to discover where his opponent hid. However, Ittindi had a better idea as he waited for the next attack. He heard it coming, there was an option for him to block, but he had a way better idea. As the sword sunk into Ittindi’s shoulder, a spell would lift him and his assailant pushing them both 10 meters away out of the smoke cloud. While they were flying Ittindi would punch at the man’s face.

His bloodied shoulder left a streak through the air and when they landed, Ittindi would put his hand right on the man’s head. The man quickly put his hands up in surrender, knowing what fate awaited him if he had so much as moved. Ittindi was grateful for it, he had spent so much money on  cleaning up his reputation. It wouldn’t do to have someone die in one of his fights, still it showed his gap. He shouldn’t of had to result to such baser means to win a fight, looking down at his shoulder. Then he’d look over to where his Young Master had been fighting expecting that fight to be over as well.

WC: 604
TWC: 4,720

#16Knuckles Shi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:00 pm

Knuckles Shi

It was Knuckles, the brute of a man with hands like stone, against a tall and wirey opponent who was deceptively strong. The bell rang and the two combatants lunged at each other with ferocious intensity. Punches and kicks were exchanged in an explosive dance, each man landing blows as intense as the ones they were receiving. Knuckles, known for his brute strength, found himself surprised by his opponent's power. His punches were like sledgehammers, but his opponent seemed to take them with admirable resilience, returning with equal force. The crowd watched in awe as the two titans battled, neither giving an inch. It was an unanticipated display of matched strength, setting the tone for an unforgettable battle.

Knuckle did not draw his hammers, as the opponent he faced did not use weapons either, it was just a brute match of fists. There was no honor in fighting someone with a weapon if they did not have one.   The atmosphere was thick with tension as Knuckles and his opponent circled each other, their eyes locked in a fierce stare-down. Suddenly, Knuckles lunged forward, his fist landing a powerful punch on his opponent's jaw. His adversary staggered but recovered quickly, retaliating with a vicious hook to Knuckle's abdomen.

Knuckles reeled from the impact, but he quickly regained his footing. He countered with a swift uppercut that connected with his opponent's chin, causing him to stagger back. Undeterred, the opponent returned with a series of rapid jabs that had Knuckles on the defensive. Then, with a sudden burst of energy, Knuckles landed a crushing blow to his opponent's midsection. The opponent doubled over in pain but managed to block Knuckle's ensuing punch with a well-timed cross. Despite the ferocity of the punches and the apparent fatigue setting in, neither man showed any sign of backing down. Each blow dealt was met with an equally forceful counter, turning the fight into a riveting display of sheer will and determination. It was clear that the outcome of this titanic battle was to be determined by nothing less than the absolute limits of their endurance.

As the relentless battle raged on, Knuckles found his thoughts drifting. He couldn't help but reflect on the journey that had brought him to this point. The grit, the determination, the countless hours of grueling training - it was all for this moment. He considered his opponent, acknowledging his formidable strength and tenacity. Beneath the throbbing pain of his injuries, Knuckles felt an odd sense of respect for this adversary. But respect wouldn't hold him back he was determined to emerge victorious. Each punch he threw was not just a test of his physical strength, but a testament to his unwavering resolve. He knew he was fighting for more than just himself. Knuckles closed his eyes momentarily, using the pain as fuel, steeling himself for the next round of this relentless battle.

Knuckles looked over his shoulder for a split second to check on his long-time friend. It seemed nothing was getting out of hand as the two each had their hands full.  As they continued to exchange blows, Knuckles knew that he couldn't let his guard down. The slightest mistake could cost him the victory and all he had worked for. But as the minutes ticked by and his adrenaline continued to pump, Knuckles felt a sense of exhilaration. He lived for this: the thrill of battle, pushing himself beyond his limits and emerging victorious against all odds. Just as the battled seemed to peak, his opponent took two steps and then slammed into he ground Knocked out.

WC 620
TWC 3633

#17Ittindi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:06 am

Ittindi
The thud of his Young Master's opponent would echo across the floor as the people who had gathered to watch them fight fell silent at the outcome. It shouldn't of been as much as a surprise to them that the Rune Knights were establishing order, or maybe there were other groups that did it here? Either way Ittindi was well within his rights as he told his now prisoner to stand up as he eased off the man and took his hand off his face. He would comply and Ittindi would tell him to put his hands behind his back and interlace his fingers. He would then grab both of the man's middle fingers as he walked him back towards the command tent. He wasn't sure where they put prisoners in this land and would need to ask. He'd look over at his Young Master, wondering if he had killed the man or if he indeed was just knocked out.

”Young Master, did you kill that man? I do hope not, even if it was called for I’d have to put it in my report and take responsibility as the senior law enforcement on scene.”

Ittindi so far had managed to avoid killing anyone since he had joined the Rune Knights, a harder task to accomplish then one might think. The way criminal mages behaved often meant any confrontation would end in one’s demise. It was to that effect that Ittindi was considering how he’d start to bind people, while holds were generally effective that was only true if his opponent was tired out. He couldn’t reasonably expect to be stronger than the average mage or even worse a more seasoned warrior like his Young Master. He wondered if HQ had any special handcuffs for that he’d have to ask next time he saw one of the higher ups.

After finding out the ultimate fate of his Young Master’s opponent, Ittindi would either help him escort him back to tent. Or he’d take off his coat and put it over the man’s body while closing his eyes. Either way after they did a hand off their possible two prisoners he’d start finishing up his report on a clipboard. If his Young Master talked to him while he was doing the report that wouldn’t be a problem, Ittindi had practice multi-tasking due to the nature of more selfish masters. It wasn’t uncommon to be cleaning, doing finances or even cooking while holding a conversation with a family member of the estate. His thoughts once again wandered to establishing his butler mansion in Era to train any who wished to learn to service. He had given it thought he’d probably need to separate it so that he could take advantage of more than butlers jobs like chefs, cleaners even auditors were something Ittindi could teach.  That’d be further in his Knight career when he was allowed more freedom.

”Well Young Master, hopefully next time we meet it’ll be in Fiore. While Joya’s nice, I don’t have to many fond memories of this place. Though I do enjoy their fashion style, and they have some rather unique brooms.”

Ittindi would of course answer any questions his Young Master had before he left, but after the reports were done so was his job. He’d get ready to depart in one of the many transports the Rune Knights had brought to the island. He wasn’t sure when his exact departure time would be but being part of the service sometimes meant waiting for logistics to line up.

~Exit

WC: 592
TWC: 5,312

#18Knuckles Shi 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:41 pm

Knuckles Shi

Knuckles looked perplexed at the question.   "No, I did not kill him." He looked over at the man and nudged him with a foot. "At least I do not think so. I did not even use my hammers to fight him. I think he just strained too hard and passed out, he probably doesn't stretch enough." He sounded defensive, after all, he had killed every other time they had been together in a fight.   When he was not using his Daemon Obscura he had a pretty tight nit of his blood lust. Only in battles did he have to use the demonic pact that he often lost that battle of morals.  

Knuckles, after quickly reassuring Ittindi that he hadn't killed the man, set about assisting him in securing the unconscious attackers. Using a length of sturdy rope, they expertly bound the men's hands and feet, ensuring they would not pose a threat upon awakening. Despite his brute force, Knuckles handled the men with a surprising level of carefulness. The two of them then hoisted the men onto their shoulders, each carrying one. Their silhouettes, stark against the dimming sky, made for a peculiar sight as they trudged back towards the Rune Knights' head base. The journey was quiet but filled with a sense of accomplishment, a successful mission that saw them returning without any loss but with valuable prisoners. Their comrades would be waiting, ready to take the next steps in uncovering the motives behind the attack.

As they neared the Rune Knights' base, Knuckles paused, turning towards Ittindi with a somber expression. "Ittindi," he began, his voice gruff with unspoken emotion, "I suppose this is where we part ways." He extended a massive hand towards his old friend and former butler, gripping his in a strong, farewell shake. "You take care of yourself in the Rune Knights. They're lucky to have you." Ittindi nodded their shared history apparent in his gaze, filled with respect and the bitter-sweetness of parting.

Knuckles then turned northward, his silhouette a solitary figure against the twilight, the airship waiting in the distance like a promise of an uncertain future. "I have my own battles to fight," he murmured, more to himself than to Ittindi. With a heavy heart, he began his trek, leaving behind his old friend and stepping toward the daunting prospect of facing his demons, or more accurately, a Neph, a being chosen by Angels. It was a confrontation he had been evading for long. But now, it was time.

WC 423
TWC 4056

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum