Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

From the Ashes [Event]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Saturn 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:12 pm

Saturn
The request for help from Mishiko hadn’t gone unheard, the Rune knights recognizing her call sent who they could. There were many that were sent along with Saturn, individuals and recruits that he had never seen before and likely wouldn’t see for quite some time. Which was okay with him; he couldn’t just constantly see everyone all the time. The demi-god had a certain knack for healing, gentle and kind words. His presence would likely reinforce a lot of individuals wills to fight just simply by being in the right place at the right time.

Upon arrival at the camp he’d set about the medical segment, a crude allotment of tents for the moment. There were a good collection of people there, ranging from the old with issues regarding their own work to those that were too young to even hold a sword thinking they were some sword god. Saturn would carefully turn those ones away, explaining to them that they would likely get hurt before being much use. Some would get mad of course but others would readily accept it given that the demi-god instead would send them to somewhere they were more useful.

Saturn’s grasp of the human body was very… faint to say the least. He’d have to examine people for a little longer to get to where he could send them elsewhere. Some people that came in with injuries he’d treat as quickly as he could; a light grey glowing hand taking away the hurt… Though he didn’t seem to know exactly what he was doing and could use a little help when interacting with the various people coming to the tents…

[276/2500]

#2Salem E. 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:46 pm

Salem E.

Boredom. A common factor that forced Salem to act. He was chilling in the pub minding his own business. The subtle need to do something filled him. It was why Salem decided to check the news for any fun happenings going on. When the call to aid in a war was sent. It had grabbed his attention. It looked like a fun thing to participate in. He could do serious work helping Mishiko, or the other side if it was too easy. He needed the excitement to be able to move him in some way.

The trip to Joya was fun. It was so enjoyable that Salem almost forgot what he was sent to do. Only when he saw the devastation in the land did he get serious. Genocide, Patricide, and overall ethnic cleansing, all forgivable crimes. The environmental destruction that was prevalent was not. Salem’s watery blue eyes flashed a dangerous glowing blue as anger overtook him. He hated when war touched upon the innocent land.

Shaking his head out of the stupor. Salem went to a tent to get his assignment. These underdogs were just trying to live. If that was the case and the new owners were eco friendly, why not help a coup in his spare time. Besides he was already aware that the guild he was in had already moved. He was among the last to help.

Taking the assignment he headed over to the healer tent. He had no healing magic but would make a decent assistant. He could have gotten information but it would have been unfair for the others. At least he could do something.

Salem walked into the tent chipper and upbeat. “Hello I am here to…. A faunus?” Salem stopped and changed his speaking when he saw the fur. He came across Demi humans 150 years or so ago but they were often referred to as Faunus.

[317/2500]

#3Saturn 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:58 pm

Saturn
Saturn was seated when the new arrivals kept on.. Well arriving. There were some that definitely would not cut it and the large demi-god’s sorrow was evident as he knew that many people wanted to help this country. He was at least able to direct them to different locations but eventually there would just be too many people and not enough tasks. He was tending to a soldiers arm when a new fresh set of footfalls stole his attention from the man. The new comer was definitely not from around here. Like saturn. It seemed like they were here to help and the demi-god slowly stood. Compared to other demi-humans he was nearly a head, shoulders and good chunk of chest taller than them.

Practically about the same height as a small house; probably why he kept himself bowed over in the tents. Probably not the best for posture but that was okay; he wasn’t going to be in here that long he figured. Flicking his ears the use of ‘Faunus’ caught him offguard. An old time word if there ever was one. He’d motion for the other to come over.

Here to help? Ah, basically yes. Though some seem to think I'm more than that.

He wanted the newcomer to help hand out some things to the various people that came through; figuring that if they knew any healing magic they’d speak up, He’d ponder for a moment and then extend a hand to the other. For a shake.

Name’s Saturn, Rune knights sent me. Whats yours?

He was friendly and really up front about who sent him here; hell he’d probably share his entire life story to a stranger if they asked. Even while talking he was still helping out the soldier sitting in front of him. Albeit with a single hand rather than two till the shake completed or was ignored.

There’s a lot of volunteers; they just told me to keep an eye out for ones that don’t really fit or aren’t going to be… well. Aren’t going to be helpful without having a lot of hurt.

There was a bit of sadness in his voice; he understood the desire and he wished that he could have gotten here sooner.

[650/2500]

#4Salem E. 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:23 am

Salem E.

Salem answered the call to come pretty peacefully. He was not scared of the large humanoid for two reasons. One, most of the ones he met before were peaceful. Second, he had a staff and this Faunus was on the larger side. A great height to get his eggs smashed if needed. Salem preferred peaceful solutions and involuntary sterilization felt peaceful to him, besides the healers tent was a great place to do it. They would not need to move the body to get to work.

“My name is Salem. Salem Emir representing Paradise Dawn.”

The response he gave back was light and fluffy. He neglected to mention the fact that he had never been to the Paradise Dawn base but it felt like a needless detail. By all right he was a guild member in some sense of the word anyway.

Salem noticed the look of concern on the other's face. His face frowned up as well. It would be a lot harder to deal with the injured that looked this bad. How would he be able to help them? THe fae put his staff down leaning sticking it straight into the ground like a pole. He rolled up his sleeves and decided to get to work. Problem was he had no clue what to do.

“You can do a lot with your size. I honestly do not know any healing magic.”

No sooner than he said the words did strange thoughts pop into his head. They were memories of a sort but not his at all. They were the memories of the human body he had taken. Seems like the man was a smart healer in his own right.

“But I do seem to know some first aid and similar. I can follow your lead for us to get started.”

Salem decided to take the easy path. He would give out his opinions and step in to help out as needed. Working with someone else that was contracted should make the process a lot smoother, compared to the effort of doing it alone.

[WC:345 TWC:662/2500]

#5Saturn 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:03 pm

Saturn
Saturn’s ears flicked slightly at hearing that the other was representing paradise dawn. A well known guild with even a more well known guild leader. Probably one of the most famous mages out of fiore. Saturn had never met him directly but he had heard of him referenced in many a ways. Salem’s name however didn’t immediately ring a bell but it did sound familiar to a degree. Maybe Salem was a popular name? Saturn didn’t know what the other was thinking but simply tilted his head.

I’m familiar with the guild; heard good things. If you’re a part of it then there’s not much to worry about here.

Saturn turned slightly to the soldier; the other didn’t have healing magic but commented that he could do a lot with his size. Saturn’s warm smile took over and he’d nod slightly. The other might not have magic but saturn could at least… well. Do something? Right? So together they might be able to do more.

Well if you know some first aid or something along that line that’s more than I know. The human body is… puzzling to me to say the least. I just know arms aren’t supposed to have bends in them like this.

Saturn rubbed at his neck; probably not feeding the soldier any level of confidence and he’d let that warm glow take his hand. Saturn noted that it was much more potent if he used it on other people than himself so maybe that counted for something.

...Straighten the… arm? And then I can heal it back into place. It’ll take a little bit though, my music isn’t the strongest yet.

He could feel the aches and pains in front of him; he could get the sensations that the soldiers were feeling. Every so often when he did motions he could peek a little more into their feelings. It was weird. This entire experience was strange to him. Saturn’s bedside manner could probably use some work too…

[982/2500]

#6Salem E. 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:32 pm

Salem E.

“Well this is not my first time working with a Rune Knight. I am currently taking care of some business in central Fiore.”

The reply about his working with the Rune Knights was swift, when the dogman mentioned Paradise Dawn. To show that he had some awareness as well. He let Saturn continue on as it was not important information for Salem anyway, it was just a matter of principle.

“You are tall enough to do the work, so you should be strong enough with that build.”

Salem gave a dazzling grin and started to get to work. He sat next to the patient and checked out the extent of the injury. Salem found the entire thing fascinating. When he was a pure oasis spirit in Desierto he never got as close to the humans. Even when he got this body he could not understand how such fragile things functioned at times. Even the Faunus seemed like it made more sense than the humans.

“I am going to be gentle but you are going to feel some pain. Bite down on this and it should be over quickly.”

The Fae spoke with the experience engraved upon the bones of his body. His voice was as gentle as a still pound. Providing a nice air of comfort to the place. He gave the man a rag to put in his mouth. He grabbed the arm on the end, and in one fluid motion he set the bone in place. The man did scream and the rag held most of it in. Salem did not wince, he had seen humans be in far worse shape for this to phase him. The patient on the other hand passed out, at least for the moment.

“You can start the healing process. The bone was set and if you heal that he should be back in shape. I hope you do not mind if I watch. I have not seen how healing magic works before.”

Salem was slowly growing as a mage and he had areas he lacked in. His body sent messages as needed but it was not always full proof. The best way for him to grow was to learn. Learning was instinctive to him and not a feeling he wanted to suppress. The fae were curious by nature. Him wanting to learn a bit about healing magic by watching, and him touching Saturn’s fur when he started healing, were simply two sides of the same goal.

[WC:404 TWC:1,066/2500]

#7Saturn 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:23 pm

Saturn
They definitely would welcome the help if that’s the case. Even with all the recruits they’re hurting for people that know their way around.

Saturn mused over the idea of Salem helping out in central; they would welcome the help surely and he knew that it took folks time to get used to one another. Especially when it came from outside; another guild that wasn’t the rune knights might get some curious looks. His ear flicked slightly at hearing the mention about his height which earned a loose chuckle.

That I am.

The injury could have been worse, the break could have been through the skin or even shattered beyond belief. The fact this man was in front of them dealing with this was in its own right impressive. He’d watch the other set the arm and speak gently . Saturn would wave either hand in a motion; somewhat small seals springing to life on his hands before slowly fading into a glowing gray blob on either hand.

It’s a slow process sometimes, it takes a lot of energy for worse wounds. Feel free to watch, I’ll need you to hold it in place the entire time.

Saturn would set his hands on the man’s arm. One higher than the break and one lower. There was a strange charge in the air; like saturn was concentrating and working with the land in a sense. Or maybe it was just the presence of the demi-god here that charged it so. Feeling that touch on his fur the demi-god paid it very little mind. The other likely wanted to know what that felt like.

He’d breathe out slowly; when he felt that one hand was closer to being ‘finished’ than the other he’d even out the flow of his magic. Eventually the man’s arm would steady out and the demi-god sighed in relief. Breaks could be deadly if not treated and after a moment he’d smile warmly down at the soldier.

Now… slowly clasp and unclasp your hand… let me know if there’s any pain.

Saturn adjusted slightly and watched the soldier do as he asked; noticing that there was a lapse in the unclasping his hand would adjust and go down near the wrist, slowly letting more of his music flow into the arm.

Healing with… magic sometimes doesn’t tell the rest of the body it’s ‘healed’. Just that the pain is gone so it… still tries to protect itself from moving. I’ve… gotten hurt once or twice, minor things. But it… it does the same.

[1,407/2500]

#8Salem E. 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:32 am

Salem E.

Salem was watching intently when Saturn used his magic. The spell circle was small and a gray colored thing. It was not impressive to say the least. When Azure used magic his spell circles were on the bigger side. Not that Salem felt he could relate. Far back as he remembers he does not remember seeing his spell circles. Not that he ever really looked for them. The fae may have been watching closely but he made sure he kept the man in place. He did not want to go and start to ruin his own work. When the healing was going on Salem reached out his hand. The man was fine but Salem wanted to stroke that fur.

The fur felt really nice. The words to describe it would be soft yet firm. Salem wanted to really start to pet it but resisted the urge. He did not want to disturb the man being healed. He figured he could also corner Saturn and really ask the Faunus if he wanted to get stroked. Salem was slightly bewildered by his weird affinity to furiness. Not that he minded it too much.

“That was pretty good. At least this one we did not have to move. The mana flow was not the best but it was impressive overall. I am not even sure if I could heal with magic.”

The fae made sure not to bring up the stroking yet. He was trying to keep the subject of healing magic. He wanted to be as subtle as a rising tide about it. To increase his odds of getting what he wanted. Salem grabbed a bit of cloth and other supplies from nearby. He spoke while he made a makeshift sling for the guy. Putting the man's arm in it.

“Keep your arm in that just in case. It should help mitigate any worse symptoms from occuring in the future. And are you actually able to use healing magic on yourself? I heard that was harder than just using healing magic in general.”

Salem started moving onto the next patient. He was talking while he conversed. The sentinel was curious if Saturn could self heal. It was an impressive feat that was harder for some to accomplish. Healing was one thing but 90% of people that could use healing spells could not heal themselves. It was a difference in caliber hard to overcome.

[WC:401 TWC:1,467/2500]

#9Saturn 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:07 pm

Saturn
Maybe down the line his magic would be more impressive, stronger, likely harder to cast and more draining. But for now he was just a small fish far out of his depth but willing to try. It was hard to really look at that and say anything wrong regarding it. His concentration wasn’t broken as he almost barely felt that touch from salem. His focus was understandably on the man in front of him. A small flick of the ear and his eyes would adjust. Not many people did so even out of those that were comfortable with him. So as the magic teetered off he noted the strange warmth that accompanied it.

It takes time to learn how to heal with music, or so I’ve been told. The first time I saw someone hurt I just… knew what to do right away. Maybe once I’ve done it more often the flow will improve. You could learn, probably? I don’t think it’s that difficult. Maybe?

Saturn wasn’t entirely sure as to the difficulty when it came to healing magic overall; he had just… Well like he said he never really had to try with it. It just came naturally. He didn’t take it for granted; he was just happy that he was able to help others. As saturn stood back up so he could move to the next patient along with Salem the other posed a question for him.

Oh? Self healing you mean? I’m able to tune the notes of my music so it affects me yes. I don’t see a difference in the strength when I do it, but I’m using very weak songs right now. Admittedly I don’t think I can sing anything stronger. Not yet at least.

He knew that others called it magic, his terminology was more akin to songs than anything else. He felt like he should sing while he casted, he felt like it would make it better or stronger. Not that it actually would but the notion was nice.

The next individual was someone that had a few cuts and bruises, looked like a sparring match that had gotten a little out of hand. Smiling warmly the demi-god adjusted and looked over the injuries. Only one really stood out and the rest could be treated with applications of healing salves rather than his music.

What sort of Music do you employ Salem?

[1807/2500]

#10Salem E. 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:43 pm

Salem E.

“I do not have any particular ability when it comes to playing music. Back when the humans and other races used to play on me. I did prefer the more upbeat festive songs. Things that can make one dance is always a blessing in itself.”

Salem got a little bit lost in thought from his reply. He remembered the good old times. He had a belief that Saturn would have fit right on in. A thought crossed his mind that if he ever rebuilt his true spirit form, Saturn would still fit in. He could imagine him in a nice collar playing some tunes. Cuddled up against the soft fur and feeling the muscles underneath, as they slept in the cold Desertio night air. Salem had to wave his hand in front of his face as if he was getting rid of a bad smell.

“That is cool. If it was stronger and able to heal everyone. We would finish this in a jiffy. Not that you are not doing well. This is a great start. We should start back at the job at hand.”

Salem indicated to some of the patients that needed movement. Some of them needed to have their positions changed to prevent bed sores. One needed healing magic, and Salem was 40% sure another one was not breathing. The thought of it made him a bit sad. Death was such a party pooper. Getting closer he moved his hand underneath the nose to feel any sign of breathing, then he moved his hand to the chest. It was there that Salem felt a bruise. Lifting the tunic up he was sure the man was dead. Based on the bruising the man should have suffered from a broken rib that pierced his lung. It would have been a painful way to go, yet the man did not complain or head over to the area for the people that needed immediate medical attention. Salem wanted to believe the man was selfless and said a short chant for him.

“This one did not make it. Can you help me get him to the mass grave? Maybe sing some funeral rites for him or something.”

The voice the words were spoken with would sound odd to others. It actually did not sound that sad. The tone in which Salem spoke was the same way in which one would ask the weather. To him it was just a job. Shame people did not make it but it was a fact of life. Salem could vaguely recall some Fae that were older than him before, and yet could not ignore the pull of the end. Even if they were ageless beings in a sense. All things had to end and Salem was not sad about that. In a way it just gave another chance to play a new game of life.

[WC:479 TWC:1,946/2500]

#11Saturn 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:20 pm

Saturn
Most of the time when I use my music I get to share the emotions I have within and sometimes am able to heal people like earlier. I’m curious what songs you could sing or musics you could employ.

Saturn let out a soft yet wistful sigh; he liked the idea of entertainment while also helping those around him. The smiles would embolden his abilities no doubt. The mention of if salem was stronger that he’d be able to heal everyone piqued his interest. Ears standing slightly taller and his tail adjusting to n fro.

You’re able to play that kind of song too?

Saturn wasn’t shocked so much as he was curious; hearing that they should get back to the job at hand he nodded. Stretching and cracking his neck. Staying in one place for too long made him restless sometimes. Saturn was glad that he could help those that he could; the sores were easy to deal with and the ones that needed healing he attended to.

Upon getting to the patient that was long gone saturn’s expression softened. He’d gently set his hand on the mans chest; he could feel the residual pain that eventually led to the bliss of infinity. Someplace that he would likely never see and if he did it would be in such a long and fathomless time that he never gave it much thought.

Mmm. I know a single song that would be befitting this. I learned the rite from the librarians out of Era. I just need a standard or symbol..

Saturn looked around and upon seeing one such symbol hanging nearby would gently take it; it was of the local lords they were helping; a sigil of righteousness if he ever saw one. His other hand would come down to help the body along. He had a few ample thoughts as to what to say and would help salem carry the body…

...Every day I’m told that countless die and that there aren’t many that can change that. Just who and when. It’s… puzzling.

[2,151/2500]

#12Salem E. 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:14 pm

Salem E.

Salem decided not to answer Saturn’s question. Not because he thought it was beneath him but because he thought the answer was already obvious. The fact that he could not heal using magic should have made it all obvious. If he could do something like that he would not be doing all the extra work, to heal all the people present without magic. It is a lot of work to do things magic can do with ease.

Salem put his hand high up, reaching for Saturn’s shoulder in a display of comfort. It was something he had heard of humans doing before to commiserate. He had let him put the symbol on him and performed the funeral rites. He did not want the man to feel all alone in his sadness or something. Humans leaned towards being odd creatures, faunus were not that different in his head.

“No one can or should try to change death. It happens for everything. It would be easier for you to think about it as a rest before it moves on to something else.”

It was a bit hypocritical for Salem to say. He did technically avoid his death by fusing his being to a human body. Then again in a way it did not. What he did made him human so he died as a pure spirit. The body of the person he took over was well and alive, but that person was no longer present. In a way both of them died to become something else. It was an inevitable thing for life to change, die, and move on.

“If you need a moment feel free to take it. Then you can help me get to work moving and taking care of the other people present.’

The fae did not want to spend a lot more time on this same job. He felt it would be in his best interest to move on. He wanted to answer the call for help then make his way to Northern Fiore. His guild was starting up something that looked like it was going to be loads of fun. At least it was better than an ongoing war that was nearing the end.

Salem moved quickly. He started to soothe some patients and moved the necessary patients. He would work to the best of his abilities to make sure Saturn kept up. Not that he was sure it was hard for him. To be honest with those rippling muscles Salem would have been surprised if Saturn could not move circles around him.

Putting the last touches on the people in his tent. Salem was feeling tired. He had put in a lot of work to make sure things were going well. He wanted to take some time for himself before moving onwards to the next task at hand.

“We are about done. Do you want to go for a drink with me? It would be easier for us to bond and chat without being at work don’t you think?”

It was an open ended invitation that Salem invited him with. Salem asked in passing as he was getting his first reward. Some bonus jewels being a benefit of working for a rich dynamo in army times. The invitation was also an alibi for Salem to try and get closer. He did not get enough time stroking and feeling on that soft fur. It was why he asked while he headed out.

[WC:566 TWC:2,512/2500]

{Exited}

#13Saturn 

From the Ashes [Event] Empty Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:11 pm

Saturn
The lack of answer confuse saturn in regards to the healing magic, maybe it was a sore spot for the other so he just didn’t pursue it. Feeling that touch on his shoulder the demi-god’s ears flicked a few times. His smile was warm even if what he felt was not the best for the fact this man had lost their life.

That is reassuring. I hope where they move on to next is nice.

Saturn hummed a little bit; it was a sad tune but it crested in hope. He didn’t want to remain dour for too long honestly. Saturn was quick to do his rite for the deceased man; the song that he would sing for it wasn’t something that many would know. He had only found out about it through a bit of studying.

There were some patients that he had to tend to afterwards, he was slow and methodical. Taking his time with each patient to make sure that they were well; testing and checking complaints. Many of them needed care of one sort or another. Some needed adjustments and others just… well they needed to be adjusted. There was one such patient that was a child that had gotten hurt carrying stuff for people; he made sure they were well taken care of.

The invitation that salem gave him for drinks made him pause; he did have a bit of a sweet tooth and he was a fan of fruitier or rich tasting drinks. Humming again he’d nod his head. The other was easy to talk to so he didn’t see why not.

I don’t see why not. I haven’t had a drink in a while. And you’re good company. A win win as I think they call it?

Saturn let out a soft chuckle; nearly like a musical note; he was a little slower to getting his reward than salem was. Double checking some of his work before heading out. The demi-god didn’t have a problem with salem and he had no idea that the invitation had a second motive but even if he did know he wouldn’t have a problem.

He was a bit surprised at how much this paid for how simple the work seemed to him. Taking care of people was important but he wasn’t about to argue. One of the librarians would have likely told him to ask for more he reckoned…

[Exit]

[2,553/2500]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum