Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Isle of Avalon [Long - SL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

The Isle of Avalon [Long - SL] Empty Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:04 pm

Ryuko

Deep within the Wilds of Albion, one could sometimes stumble upon various beings that were usually only heard of in folklore and mythology. Things like the Giant Bullroarer Frog were creatures that the locals had heard more than enough stories to be cautious around them. After all: Who would want to mess with a frog the size of a boar? In this particular case the giant Frog was seated on a rock near the edge of a small riverbank, unrolling and rolling up his tongue repeatedly while playing with a most peculiar prey he had caught, and the source of the aforementioned screaming: A fairy.

The poor fairy was clearly dizzy, not to mention disgusted at the current state she was in, but each time she tried to escape again the frog rolled his tongue again, snatching her in mid-air and pulling her in again. This motion repeated itself several times, while several of the fairies' friends were terrified looking from a nearby rock.

"S-should we go back?"
"Ask Titania for help?"
"B-Better hurry, Wystia looks on the verge of crying..."

"Don't leave me here!" The fairy cried out in panic as the frog unrolled its tongue again, bouncing her into the air but this time something different happened. The frog's motion seemed to slow down remarkably while a tendril coiled around the fairy's waist and pulled her away.

The frog was flabbergasted at what was happening, turning its head just in time to see a staff being pointed at them and two large tentacles slapping the creature into the air!

"Whap Whap! Double-Slap was super effective!"

One of the fairies called out while Esperia gently lowered the fairy, believing Maple would have caught up with her already.

She used her psionic powers to reach out to Maple once more.

Please be a dear and help the little one for a moment while I tend to our prankster?

She turned her gaze down at the fairy and smiled gently at her.

Do not be alarmed, my friend will help keep you safe while I tend to the Bullroarer Frog.

Esperia pulled the two tentacles back from her staff, and just in time for the frog glared in anger at her, rolling in its tongue and pushing it out at a rapid pace, making it similar to a hard-hitting Punch!

Fortunately Esperia reacted quickly enough to deflect the tongue with her staff, just to realize the frog attempted to lash further sideways and coil around her as if she had become its next prey!

I have to decline the offer froggy~ I'm the one in charge of tentacle-play here~ Esperia idly chimed in a psionic warning to the frog who suddenly felt one of the tentacles of the staff coil around its tongue while the other had started to raise his body high into the air! Something... was sapping away his strength!

It was then, while high in the air she smacked the creature down onto the riverbank again, a force strong enough to knock it unconscious and make the creature slip limbly into the water!

"Waah... The Frog got tenta-handled by her..."
"The tentacle monsters are out in the open today..."

Esperia turned toward the whispering fairies and smiled sheepishly, alerting them mentally.

Umm~ You do know I can still hear the two of you?

500/2000

#2Maple 

The Isle of Avalon [Long - SL] Empty Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:52 am

Maple
This was seemingly how Maple seemed to be over all fitting and perfect, At least in her eyes anyway. She loved it here no one to really question much. She had not considered too much about the area they where in currently, she had never really considered reading anything about it. She read books yet but not all that often it made things more interested with the things around on her around, even if it could be risky to do at the time. But over all Maple would been okay here alone or not, after all she was a nature mage and given what was shown so far of Maple she was pretty good at staying safe.

It was some what a normal day for Maple being here, stretching out and feeling the fresh mystical air of caelum and enjoy the breath of different air. But suppose eventually she should put on clothing. It would not take too long after all since she made her own clothing from leaves and flowers it would pretty much a single blink and she was in a leaf dress. Over all it seemed Maple has been spaced out and no paying attention to the things going on around her at the time.

Hearing Esperia's voice it would not take too long for her to go where she was implied to go. It would seem like seemingly a few minutes for Maple to just pop out of a tree leaving her lower half in the tree and look around for what was being asked of her. Finding the tiny being that was in trouble and needing save seemingly had Maple walk completely out of the three she showed up in, scooped up the tiny being and started walking away from what Esperia was fighting at the time."Oh hello little one, come with me!"Maple said with her high amount of energy. But she did exactly as she told."I promise you it will be okay."Maple if anything seemed fixated on tiny being she was told to save and seeing them seemed to make her think she made a new friend at this time.

WC:357

Last edited by Maple on Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3Ryuko 

The Isle of Avalon [Long - SL] Empty Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:55 pm

Ryuko

The fairy in Maple's grasp looked up at her, seemingly bewildered for the briefest of moments as she looked into the half-elf's eyes and back toward Esperia who had just finished scaring off the Giant Bullroarer frog.

"How curious..." The fairy muttered as she seemed to be recovering from her ordeal as she flittered back and forth in the air around Maple. "This one has the scent of Earthland's nature~" She fluttered over toward Esperia and tilted her head slightly to the side in bewilderment.

"Yet this one carries the swirly essence of the void within her..."

Esperia's eyes widened for a moment, yet her gaze softened just a little as she inquired.

You know of the void?

to which the fairy nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Of course! We remember! The things mortals forgot~ The dangers beyond the rift~ the realm of swirly chaos: The void!"

Esperia couldn't help but feel slightly alarmed by these words as the fairy continued. "But first time meeting one from the other side!"

She could understand that, after all Voidlings were rarely encountered for good reasons. One could even argue that most would be corrupted beyond recognition if they became exposed to the void for an extended period of time.

I actually originated from Earthland as well...

Esperia answered through her telepathy, the words causing the fairy to look in disbelief. "From this side?! Tentacle Lady was born on Earthland?"

Esperia nodded her head firmly.

I was sacrificed to this thing you call the 'rift', by a group of people who sought to claim its powers for themselves.

The fairy fluttered back and forth, muttering softly. "This is worrying... If people are attempting to destroy the layer between Earthland and the Void... rift could expand... cause another disaster..."

The other fairies joined the group, exclaiming worriedly. "We should warn Titania! Warn her!" But the fairy which Maple had saved earlier seemed to think for a moment. "But maybe... she could..."

Turning toward Maple the fairy smiled cheerfully. "My name is Wystia! Would the two of you be willing to accompany us to our home? We would like to hear more about your story, and tell our queen about the danger that might be unfolding. She must be told that mortals are trying to open a rift again!"

Esperia looked toward Maple, wondering what the half-elf might had thought about the invitation.

WC: 410
Total WC: 910/2000

#4Maple 

The Isle of Avalon [Long - SL] Empty Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:35 am

Maple
It spoke Fiorian which some what was expected. considering it was Caelum she expected the tiny being to only speak the language close by. But also seemed to be very well versed to the people around them. But Maple being Maple she was going to make some kind of silly remark about it."Well, I hope i smell of earthland. I often try to make myself smell of it's flowers." Maple said in return finally.

Maple knew nothing of the void but it was over all just her normal carefree nature and over all she did not care about learning of the void right away. Maple lived a really simple life that was in front of way of life. At times it made her seem more simple minded then she really could be. The fairy knew a fair amount and Esperia was a bit busy with a few things. The two would just talk about being two parts of a different world in the figurative manner."Maybe just maybe, we can talk after after the dangerous thing is done..."Maple said because she was still thinking they where in danger.

Or well get invited to other things in which did have Maple's wonder so she had to ask. While placing the tiny fairy on the top of her head because it was the chosen spot of Maple's favour for that moment."Oh? I could be interested in meeting her, I just need to know what she is like."Maple could deal with most things blindly but sometimes she was smart enough to know what she wanted to get into. Thus she asked about who that was."Better yet are they friendly towards people not native to their lands?"in which was also a good question to ask.

WC:290

Last edited by Maple on Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

#5Ryuko 

The Isle of Avalon [Long - SL] Empty Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:10 am

Ryuko

Maple's question earned a soft giggle from the fairies around her. "Titania is very nice! In fact she often used to invite people to our home when they were lost or tired so they could rest somewhere safe. She really likes hearing stories, and as long as you're a friendly person she welcomes you, so I'm sure you'll be o-kay in her books flower lady~"

Wystia declared with a sheepish grin as she playfully rolled on top of Maple's head. The other fairies had clearly taken a liking to Maple as well as they could be seen hovering toward her. One playfully fluttered around her face while another tried to slide down onto her cleave, earning a mischievous snicker from Esperia.

Seems they like you darling~ Or perhaps they like the bountiful valley of pillows that my goddess has at her disposal~ I can't blame them for that.

Clearly entertained Esperia watched Maple and the fairies, while waiting to see if Maple had been convinced to join the group.

WC: 178
Total WC: +1000/1000

#6Maple 

The Isle of Avalon [Long - SL] Empty Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:06 pm

Maple
All and all this seemed like an interesting venture for Maple, she was already interacting with this she did not think she would. For many years Maple had a more narrow mind of how she thought everything was in her own way. Narrow in the means of just what was in front of her. Far different from how many could assume some one with a narrow minded world view could have been. Since there was a various other things that she could always see and know of. Caelum left something new for her to see, something new for her to learn.

And so farseeing the various new things of wild life was also interesting as well."Interesting, Seems in some manner her and I work in some manner same way."Maple referring to how often she had strangers camp with her while they where lost only to guide them later. Plus she had time to snuggle with people too and over all it was enjoyable."Well most likely the first part, They have not had a chance to relax on the fluffier parts."Though it was not meaning actual fluffy things she knew what they where talking about. But the tiny being was free to choose where to sit if they wanted too.

WC:213

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum