Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Corrupted Wyvern [A-rank]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

Corrupted Wyvern [A-rank] Empty Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:24 am

Ryuko

Evil, it never sleeps, and it never truly disappears. That was one of the things Esperia considered a factual truth in this world. It was a truth that only was proved to be correct once more after Odin Morningstar died. Back then she had truly believed his reign of terror might be over, the threat of Morrigan being unleashed to finally disappear. But such a thought had proved to be naive for her, because the man's companions and followers were more than willing to carry on his destructive legacy.

Heaving a sigh as she entered the inn, Esperia's gaze shifted around the various tables till the spotted the small dragonic creature and approached his table.

"Ah~ Captain Ivalice, or should I say Captain Commander?" The words earned a brief smile from the Captain who chimed softly in response. "I didn't know my upcoming promotion was already known outside a select few~"

To which Dagarest simply smiled a toothy grin. "It was to be expected, when reports came in that you captured Tomoe Tanaka and convinced him to testify it was just a matter of time till you'd get promoted."

Esperia nodded her head as she took a seat, thanking the waitress for the drink she brought. "I heard you been dealing with some cultist problems yourself Dagarest?"

WC: 200

#2Ryuko 

Corrupted Wyvern [A-rank] Empty Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:33 am

Ryuko

Dagarest groaned softly at these words. "More like the shitstorm they created. Good news is that the cultists are all dead, the bad news? We now got a giant corrupted wyvern roosting on top of the Era dungeon."

That was news she certainly didn't like hearing, especially considering the dungeon was where her department frequently worked their magic at. "I see, it makes sense that you asked for a more experienced fighter to deal with the wyvern then. Is it beyond salvation?"

Dagarest nodded his head somberly. "He has been corrupted to the point nothing of his former self remains. Permission has been given to kill the wyvern, afterwards the knights will dispose of his corpse.

Tragic, but if there was no way to save the wyvern then putting it out of its suffering was a mercy of its own. "I believe it would be in your best interest to wait till nightfall. The wyvern returns to its nest at that time, and also will be less likely to see your approach."

Sound advice, nodding in agreement Esperia leaned gently against her chair, aware that today would likely become a late night shift for her. Pity... She had hoped to take her wife out for dinner...

Total WC: 400/2000

#3Ryuko 

Corrupted Wyvern [A-rank] Empty Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:43 am

Ryuko

As dusk settled in Esperia made her way toward the Era dungeon, ascending quietly along the plateau leading upwards to the Wyvern's lair. Fortunately, she was soundless and as such it was quite difficult for one to track her in the darkness. However, it didn't mean she wasn't cautious. A wyvern could be a daunting foe, especially when corrupted and tainted by dark magic. As such when she arrived at the plateau where it had made its lair and Esperia sensed its presence she knew there would be no time for games. She would have to go for the kill if she didn't want to be slain herself.

Soundlessly she dashed toward the slumbering beast, a hand sharpened into a fist that came rocketting into the flank of the wyvern's neck. Even with her enhanced strength the wyvern's scales were as hard as iron, making Esperia rebound a few steps backwards as the creature slowly rose from its slumber. A roar escaped from its jaws, indicating the fight had begun!

WC: 150
Total WC: 550/2000

#4Ryuko 

Corrupted Wyvern [A-rank] Empty Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:48 am

Ryuko

The wyvern raised its claw, forcing Esperia to dodge the swing of its limb. This was problematic for sure! Even if she could dodge the wyvern's attacks, her own couldn't pierce its scales the way she was right now. However, considering it was nighttime and nobody else was around currently... perhaps she could use her secret triumph card? Hopping over the wyvern's claw she dashed along its arm and toward its back, a hand raised for her mouth as her teeth dug into the flesh of her hand.

The metamorphosis had come all of a sudden, yet unlike usual there was something different about the Titan: a pair of bat-like wings extended from its back, keeping it airborne as the Titan started to wildly punch into the back of the wyvern with such force it collapsed onto the ground. The creature roared, but the Titan brutally silenced it with a well-aimed punch at its head!

Total WC: 700/2000

#5Ryuko 

Corrupted Wyvern [A-rank] Empty Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:54 am

Ryuko

The wyvern was clearly helpless against the overwhelming force of the Titan, even as it tried to get up again the Titan brutally forced it back down, a hand grabbing a hold of its head and pushing it into the ground while another reached for its neck and started to squeeze it tightly.

The wyvern roared once more, and despite its efforts Esperia only tightened her grip around its throat.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry nobody could save you... But know that the people who caused this to you are gone. May you rest in peace."

A final squeeze followed as the wyvern collapsed helplessly on the ground. The titan rose, its body decaying away as the vampire maiden landed onto the ground beside the wyvern. Knights started to rush toward the plateau, seemingly having heard the fighting had subdued.

Although her job here was done, Esperia had remained at the plateau as the knights started to do their work, cleaning up the wyvern's corpse while she gazed quietly at the sky.

Total WC: 850/2000

#6Ryuko 

Corrupted Wyvern [A-rank] Empty Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:58 am

Ryuko

Dawn approached as soft wings beat beside her. Dagarast was looking somberly at her, extending a bottle of juice at her. "Feeling guilty?" The dragonic creature asked her to which Esperia shook her head lightly. "No, killing it was a mercy for it. I'm angry... Angry there are still such twisted people in this world."

Hearing these words Dagarast smiled slightly at her, jugging back a drink himself. "I guess that is why our job isn't ever truly done."

To these words Esperia nodded her head firmly. "Indeed, I will never find peace until I crushed every one of them. Like maggots I will exterminate them. For that is what evil is: a pest, and pests have to be exterminated."

Dagarast lowered his drink from his mouth. "Is that your duty, or redemption?"

Words that made the vampire quite for a moment after which she replied curtly: "Both." she answered with clear determination.

Total WC: 1000/2000

Last edited by Esperia on Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

#7Ryuko 

Corrupted Wyvern [A-rank] Empty Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:04 am

Ryuko

With the sun starting to rise Esperia slowly climbed onto her feet. "Do you hear that?" Esperia asked hearing a soft cracking noise, to which Dagarast nodded his head, clearly curious himself as the duo approached the smoldering remains of the wyvern's corpse.

It took them a bit, but at last they found at the end of the wyvern's nest, amidst the debris a most peculiar sight. "Is that a wyvern egg?" Esperia inquired but Dagarast's eyes widened in disbelief. "By the gods! That's a dragon egg!"

The news startled Esperia who turned her gaze at Dagarast. "Please don't tell me you think it's corrupted?" But Dagarast shook his head. "I don't sense any corruption in it, but..." Esperia was quick to finish his sentence. "The Rune Knights wouldn't take any risks..."

the words made Dagarast nod his head severely. Yet Esperia knew what to do. She quietly scooped up the egg into her arms and started to walk away. "Reconsider Esperia! If that egg turns out to be corrupted it could be a threat to Fiore!"

But Esperia merely replied with a harsh. "Then I will kill it myself." And soon she disappeared from the plateau.

Total WC: 1200/2000

#8Ryuko 

Corrupted Wyvern [A-rank] Empty Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:11 am

Ryuko

In the depths of the Era dungeon...

A soft cry came from Esperia's office as the vampire gazed quietly at the bunch of blankets, she had wrapped around the baby dragon. The creature was so far the same as any baby she had seen, innocent and pure, untainted by the darkness of reality.

Esperia crouched down beside the baby, extending a hand toward it in an effort to pet it, but instead the baby lightly chomped onto her hand, nibbling softly. "..." A smile graced her lips as she gently withdrew her hand and petted the creature's head.

"You need a name~" Esperia chimed softly. The little dragon looked at her, sweeping its tail lightly back and forth as Esperia mused softly. "Velvet~" The baby dragon cried out joyous in response as the door to her office opened, making Esperia instantly rise up in a alerted state till she saw who it was.

"At ease Captain." It was the Captain Commander of her department, his gaze shifting from Esperia to the dragon. "I made my report to the Magic Council."

Esperia stepped between the man and the baby dragon, clearly intending to protect it with a fight if needed.

Total WC: 1350/2000

#9Ryuko 

Corrupted Wyvern [A-rank] Empty Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:16 am

Ryuko

The Captain Commander smiled weakly at Esperia. "It's your responsibility now Esperia. Should it become a threat, it is your duty to put an end to it. Although there was one particular member of the council who kept ranting about the advantages of having a dragon on our side could bring..."

Esperia's expression brightened as she happily scooped up the baby dragon in her arms, letting out a sigh of relief about it all.

"There is another matter we need to discuss Esperia." The man began as he stepped toward her, the vampire tilting her head slightly to the side in bewilderment. "It's about your promotion. The council decided that from now on your Captain Commander of the Interrogation Department. Of course, I agreed to it. From our short time of working together I can see you inherited your uncle's sense of justice."

Esperia couldn't help but find herself fascinated at these words.

"You knew my uncle?"

Total WC: 1500/2000

#10Ryuko 

Corrupted Wyvern [A-rank] Empty Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:02 am

Ryuko

The man nodded his head slightly. "Mhmm, I still do. He's a member of the royal guard. Weren't you aware of that?"

Disregarding the fact that such news was never told to her before, Esperia didn't even knew her uncle was still alive! According to her knowledge her entire family was killed during that fateful night... "I don't, I haven't seen or heard from my uncle in many years." Esperia spoke, her voice betraying just a small hint of sadness and loneliness. Certainly, she was happy that he had survived, but it raised so many questions: Was he there during that night? If so, how in the world did he survive? Why did he never bother seeking her out?! So many questions plagued her mind, but for now she decided to put the thoughts aside to focus on the ongoing conversation.

"I will seek him out in due time. But for now: thank you very much for informing me about both my uncle being alive and the decision of the Magic Council."

The man smiled softly at her, the first time she had seen him smile since she started working for him. "You better shape up if you plan to lead the interrogation department Esperia. For you'll be their Captain Commander now."

Esperia nodded her head firmly, while the little dragon let out a soft joyous screech in her arms. It seemed for now this mission was done. However, little did Esperia know that this tale was far from over. Because at the same time she was having this conversation events were set in motion that would possibly change things significantly for her in the near future! How or why she didn't know yet. But surely they would... and it would all be a tale to be told another time...

WC: 300
Total WC: 1800/1800

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum