Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Into the Bleed [Khalfani] [HoTN - Aftercare]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Atani 

Into the Bleed [Khalfani] [HoTN - Aftercare] Empty Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:36 am

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

The great mana surge that overtook all of Earthland kept procuring more and more disastrous events the likes of which Atani had never seen... or at least from what she could remember that is.

The remnants of the attack on Sieghart left an eerie feeling of déjà vu within the elf. The deep crimson stains on the streets looked all too familiar. The anguished screams of injured civilians echoing off stone buildings were indelibly etched into her mind from some Asteran oblivion. She didn't know what she did last time something like this happened, but she couldn't help but be filled with some lingering sense of helplessness. Gods, what kind of person was she all those years ago to look upon this disaster and be unable to do anything? She didn't know. And that was frightening.

Whatever the case, she wasn't going to let herself repeat her past mistakes. Deciding to put her skills as a healer to use, the elf set out to search for survivors that hadn't made it to the clinics yet.

She hurried to the first sign of a body trapped beneath the rubble she saw. But bending down to check their pulse... dead. The next, a Wood Elf girl who couldn't be much older than herself. Her lifeless eyes stared up at the gray skies above. "No i Linea na le," she murmured before gently closing the girl's eyes. Though she wished to give one of her kind the proper burial so that they may be one with Arda once more, the living came first.

• • •

Time passed. In the interim, she had given her aid to others in passing, all of who were in stable condition. It seemed that people had done a good job at taking care of the critically injured thus far. Atani herself was just about to wrap up and return to one of the clinics to provide further aid when she saw one body she hadn't yet checked. It was trapped beneath a collapsed building. He had almost gotten out, but not before everything came falling down around him. From looks alone, she would have guessed he was dead: pale faced, blood spattered, bottom half of the body trapped beneath a support beam. But his pulse, though faint, said he was alive. Hardly believing it herself, she put an ear to his chest and sure enough, there were shallow breaths coming from the unconscious body.

"This one's alive!" she called to anyone who might have been around... but alive for how long? Bending close to the ground, Atani peered beneath the rubble. The beam was the only thing restricting blood flow to his upper half, providing a weak but viable supply to his heart and brain. In most cases, these people didn't survive. Not once pressure was removed from their wound. But with her healing magic, there was still a chance.

The elf stood back up and took a deep breath. She could do this so long as she acted fast. Crouching down, she took hold of the wooden beam and heaved. But nothing. She tried again from a different angle. Still nothing. Either it was stuck or she just simply wasn't strong enough to move it on her own. From the state this man was in though, he didn't have the time for her to leave and get help. Something had to be done now.

565/2000
@ Khalfani
NOTES: None

Into the Bleed [Khalfani] [HoTN - Aftercare] Lu7gGv2
#ff6666 - Fiorian #cc6666 - Elvarin #996666 - Val'Elvarin
#ffe666 - Fiorian #ccc666 - Elvarin #999966 - Val'Elvarin
#9b2222 - Sinese

#2Khalfani † 

Into the Bleed [Khalfani] [HoTN - Aftercare] Empty Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:53 pm

Khalfani †

Rush Valley had really gone through it. In only a day the entire mountain region had suffered more than they had since the incursion and the dragons. Oddly enough, Khalfani felt like he was to blame- at least to some extent. The Stoic slayer was great at keeping a level head though so even in the midst of the ruckus that was repairing the Valley he was able to remain focused. Members of Paradise Dawn alongside members of other guilds surrounding the North had been working to alleviate some of the stress from the cityfolk. The commander himself had been picking up pieces of crushed buildings and helping people move through the city. His members did the same, handing out bottles of water and food where they could. It wasn't until the Slayer heard a shout did he stop what he was doing, averting his attention to the source of the voice.

Atani of Infinity Wolves. Khal immediately knew who the famous wood-elf was. She was one of the best- if not the best- healer in the entire country of Fiore and the people were very fond of her. The godsblood wasn't too familiar with her outside of the rumors but from the little he knew about her he respected her. Plus, she was an elf which meant that her people had understood what it was like to feel the wrath of selfish Fiorian people in power. This was a great opportunity to work alongside someone who also may have been passionate about the Northerners. Either way, the Dragon Slayer shouted to his men.

"Aye! I need two of you to come help Lady Atani!" He shouted as he turned to move with haste towards the elf. Titles like Lord and Lady weren't used much in his vocabulary, but formalities were necessary when someone deserved it; especially an elf. Once Khal approached Atani he placed his hands onto the substance holding the person beneath it down, his men did the same and together they pulled enough to create a slit big enough for the person to be slid out of.

"We gotcha."

#3Atani 

Into the Bleed [Khalfani] [HoTN - Aftercare] Empty Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:17 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

In the midst her struggle to free the man trapped beneath the rubble, Atani heard a voice call out in the near distance:

"Aye! I need two of you to come help Lady Atani!"

... Lady Atani? She momentarily stopped what she was doing and looked in the direction of the man who called. Coming her way was a tall man with short dark hair and two others at his side. She believed she had seen him before around Sieghart from the past day or two, though she had not yet spoken to him. Despite this, he still knew who she was.

The men, clearly far stronger than she, lifted the fallen beam with ease. With the pressure released, blood gushed from wounds along the injured's legs and torso. Moving him only caused more pools of crimson to spill. It dripped on her hands, stained her clothes, and smeared along the stony ground. Once he was free, it only took the elf a brief moment to scan the body and identify the most life threatening injuries. She hovered her hands over his midriff and cast a spell. A green aura emanated from her hands. The sweet smell of wildflowers-- courtesy of the nature element-- dulled the metallic stench of blood as her hands worked their magic. Once the nearly lethal wound was fully closed, she paused her spell to work on the man's leg. A discolored bump along his shin indicated a nasty fracture that almost broke through the skin. 'Thank the gods he's already passed out,' she thought to herself before forcefully aligning the bone back into place. The fracture reduced with an audible CRACK, and then she followed it up with another healing spell. Conjuring a makeshift splint made of vines, she finished up her job.

"He's stable now," the floramancer reported. "He needs to be transported back to receive additional treatment. Unfortunately we won't know the extent of all his injuries until he wakes up." Hopefully one of the men had grabbed a stretcher, because this fellow wasn't going to be waking up and walking it off anytime soon.

With the major stressor now out of the way, Atani breathed out and looked at her clothes. If the other patients she dealt with hadn't dirtied them enough, they were certainly soiled now. Using some water magic to wash the blood of her hands, she returned her attention to the man who had come to her aid. "And to whom do I owe my thanks?"

981/2000
@ Khalfani

#9b2222 - Sinese

#4Khalfani † 

Into the Bleed [Khalfani] [HoTN - Aftercare] Empty Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:45 pm

Khalfani †

Just in time. If Khalfani and his comrades hadn't shown up then the man beneath the wooden beam faced the wrath of a slow death. Alas they came in clutch, just before the citizen's life slipped away. The men pulled the beam off, of course with the help of their commander who admittedly wasn't a man as strong as other spellsword's. His intellect made up for it in the end. With a grunt, the bean fell to the ground beside the man and the Elven woman of Infinity wolves was able to work her magic. Khalfani nodded to his comrades, they understood his symbolism well and fled to grab water for not only the man in need but the lady herself. The dragon slayer was honored to be in the presence of someone the people revered as a hero. Her honor was not bestowed upon her by nobles, or worse, the king- but earned by garnering the support of common folk all around the country.

For a brief moment the rogue prince remembered what it was like to be useless. All he could do was watch as the healer performed, curious to see if the man would make it and hopeful that he would return to his loved ones. Nobody deserved to experience what Rush Valley had gone through...nobody. When Atani was done Khalfani turned to his men to repeat her order. "You heard her. Make sure he's top priority." He said coldly. As much as his tone couldn't show it, he truly did care about the people. His actions proved it so. Quickly the men scurried to find the closest stretcher before placing the mans body gently onto the bed and taking him back to Paradise Dawn. "I believe I'm the one who should be thanking you." Khal responded to Atani with a nod, a slight smile appearing upon his lips. "Khalfani. It's a pleasure to meet you, m'lady. I've heard a lot about you."

#5Atani 

Into the Bleed [Khalfani] [HoTN - Aftercare] Empty Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:07 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

Atani thanked the men who brought her some water and watched as they carried the patient away to the nearest on-site clinic. Returning her attention back to the stranger who led the assist, she hoped to properly thank him by learning his name just as he knew hers. While she waited for an answer, the elf took a swig from her waterskin-- the first drop of liquid in what felt like hours-- and nearly choked when the man said his name was Khalfani. She closed its cap and coughed into her elbow.

"Khalfani. As in Commander Khalfani." Of course coming to Sieghart, she knew who led Paradise Dawn, but she hadn't put a face to the name until now. She had imagined this Defender of the North would be far older, but the man in front of her couldn't have been more than twenty. "My apologies, I didn't realize. I have heard a fair bit of you as well. What you're doing here in the North-- it's very noble. It's hard to believe that it was hit with such travesty all of a sudden..."

Those creatures... They were almost human looking. Titans, they were called. In all of her studies, she had never come across such towering beasts save for things of mere legends. She wouldn't have believed of their existence if she hadn't seen them for herself.

They were monsters.

It was harrowing.

She feared what would come next.

"Would you come with me back to triage? I should get cleaned up before helping others." Though her clothes had gotten stained with blood and fluids of all sorts that day, the last patient really did them in; it would be unsanitary to heal others with an unknown amount of pathogens trapped in her threads. She nodded her head to the path down the street and began her walk.

"I apologize in advance as you've probably had to address this already, but do you know where in the name of the gods these 'Titans' came from? Nothing I've ever read has even mentioned such creatures before."

Giants, now they were one thing. There were numerous words for them in her language: ulunn, noroth, hanaco, norsa. The ancients called them nahúa, nauva, ulban, ork. Each term held its own unique meaning, but they nonetheless described 'titans' of sorts. And then there were those from Sevese and Icebergian legends. But none of them, none of them, possessed the same traits these mindless man-eaters did.

1393/2000
@ Khalfani

#9b2222 - Sinese

#6Khalfani † 

Into the Bleed [Khalfani] [HoTN - Aftercare] Empty Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:04 pm

Khalfani †

"Noble, huh?" Khalfani cracked a slight smile, a chuckle followed after as he paused to think about what Atani had said. It may have seemed like nothing, but Noble wasn't a word he’d use to describe himself. "Thank you. I only seek to do what's right, m'lady." Khalfani bowed his head in response. In truth, he wasn't surprised that she had heard of him. Anybody doing what he was doing in the North would be a topic amongst folks. He wasn't doing any of it for fame, and to be quite honest Khal was still getting used to all the acknowledgement.

The Desiertan began to walk beside Atani as she led the way to triage where more devastated common folk awaited. What had happened here in the north really was a tragedy. The commander glanced to the left, quickly gazing upon the townsfolk picking up the pieces of a building. Most of them looked almost lost and had no idea what to do. With a sigh, Khal turned back to face the Wood-elf. She was kind, her voice was gentle but it was obvious that she had a ton of experience dealing with these types of situations. It was crystal clear that she was far from a pushover.

The rubble crunched beneath the Dragon Slayers feet. Atani was ready to touch on the subject of the very thing that had caused all of… whatever the hell this was. Khalfani couldn't say he'd ever truly be prepared to talk about it though. Still, this was a matter everyone deserved the details on, especially someone like Atani. Khalfani didn’t know her personally so he was hesitant to speak freely at first.

"Uhh..." He glared forward, clearing his throat as he prepared the right words.

Visions of that horrific day flashed through his mind. Death, blood, screams of fear and agony, destruction...it all rang endlessly as he remembered what had happened the days before. It went on and on..and on, like a broken record player. The same seven seconds. One moment he was ripping a Titan apart, the next he was witnessing his comrades be smashed to bits. The most excruciating part of it all was the moment he had pierced his dagger into chaos's heart.

"We learned that a little girl not much younger than myself was the source. She was encased in some sort of magical crystal, using what seemed to be some type of magic to summon them but she wasn't in control." The commander's tone was as cold and confident as always yet he couldn't bring himself to continue without clenching his jaws. "I… I had to kill her."

Khal held back his tears. Sadness was weakness. Leaders did what needed to be done for the greater good. "It’s something I’ll have to live with forever and I have no regrets. I’d rather it be my burden to carry. Something tells me it's much bigger than her though. I fear those creatures were being summoned from somewhere outside of Earthland." he sniffled. It wasn’t easy to admit something like murdering a kid, especially not out loud. Killing a child was a life changing event. Unfortunately making sacrifices like that was just apart of the job. Khal was the commander of a nation after all.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum