Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Sun is Born [Khalfani]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Khnurn 

A Sun is Born [Khalfani] Empty Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:20 pm

Khnurn
The elder Knight would come to rest on a rocky outcropping some distance away from the party. His demeanor was slightly less tense the further away from the party he walked. He wouldn't say that the fact that there were less people is what made him more relaxed, but rather the people that now surrounded him were the extravagant and rather finicky curs that seemed to populate the Ball itself. It always amazed him how... absurd the upper class of individuals seemed to be. They never took their positions in society seriously except for when they felt slighted in some way, shape or form. It was always their need to feel better than others that demanded the utmost respect, but not their power to make the lives of others better. It's what made his work as a servant of Sol that much better in his opinion. Sure of course, he was no saint. He had burned and massacred and committed atrocities in the name of Sol that no man, woman, nor child on this planet could be cleansed of. But the overall goal, the true ideal was what he strove for, what he yearned for. It was this that made him push past literally all of it to see just what he could become if he stayed true to the path. But sometimes he faltered, sometimes he ventured just a little too far off the path that maybe, maybe he had lost his way. And that was what truly scared Seika the most. What if being in these horrendous lands had not only changed him, but made him the same as those whom he just looked down upon for looking down on others.

It were these thoughts that carried him to the meeting place, the rocky outcropping itself was bathed in the light of the moon. It was funny really. People always seemed to think that believers of Sol hated the moon, but it was rather the opposite. How could they hate the Sun's proxy in the sky, a constant companion providing the light of Sol to those who had yet to feel the Sun's grace themselves. A guiding light in the terror that was the darkness. Luna would never be an enemy in Sol's realm because Luna and Sol were two sides of the same coin. One provides the light, the other reflects it in their own image upon the world.

And so as he sat underneath the pale cascade of moonlight, he would turn to this young man who had followed him here and sighed. He realized that he would have to have an open mind here if he wished to get the answers he sought out. But that meant that he would have to hear some things that wouldn't add up until he received the full picture. Now wasn't the time to be overly stalwart in his beliefs, now was the time to be open minded and silent.

"Speak. And I will listen." It was a simple command. And with that, he fell silent.

#2Khalfani † 

A Sun is Born [Khalfani] Empty Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:42 pm

Khalfani †

The Moon and Khalfani had a very strange relationship. The moon was capable of comforting Khalfani and although the young Desiertan appreciated it, it always seemed to feel like the moon did not quite connect with them. Of course this was only just a theory because they couldn't recall actually talking to the moon. Plus, the same could be said for the sun and Khalfani could recall actually talking to the sun. For Khal, their life felt unstructured and chaotic but that made sense after learning that they were directly linked to the god of chaos, darkness and destruction; Apep. Something told them that this was only the start to a long and tumultuous journey. Even so, it was important that Knurn knew exactly who he was regardless of what path the young knight may have been led. After all, Knurn shared a very special connection with Amun-ra. So the child sat beside their brother as the moon provided them with light to clearly see each other. While the nobles and the wealthy enjoyed the festivities provided by Empyrean Divine, the siblings would be catching up- or at least Knurn would. Khalfani had already learned a lot of the history, it was mostly about what to do next for them. Without further ado, the big burly black man was ready to listen to his younger sibling.

"Sure." Khal responded after Knurn commanded that they speak. At the end of the day, Knurn was still their superior. The Desiertan faced forward, gazing over the lands as they leaned back onto their hands. "I'll start with your name. Your real name is Knurn. It was given to you by our mother who is the daughter of the current Pharaoh..." they began, "Same with my name, Khalfani. The first step to embracing your roots is acknowledging that. Your name...is Knurn and you are the grandson of Desiertos Pharaoh." Khalfani said bluntly. Their voice was cold and bland, they no longer worried about convincing the Captain. Saying something like that aloud sounded untrue to say the least, but it wasn't. Khalfani would have had a hard time believing it if they weren't guided by Daisia and had awakened their divinity, but it was true. Their blood was royal and in a foreign land people would bow upon meeting them.

#3Khnurn 

A Sun is Born [Khalfani] Empty Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:14 pm

Khnurn
"Hm."

There wasn't much Seika could say to the words that spilled from Khalfani's mouth. Most of it was fairly fantastical in nature and could only hoped to be taken with a literal grain of salt. Of course, Seika was a bit more practical with this, and while his initial response and the primary reason for them coming out here in the first place was due to his temper and disbelief in what Khalfani was saying, the fact of the matter is, without proof Seika couldn't necessarily take such things at face value.

"Do you have anything to back up your claims? Any person to vouch for what you say? You have to understand my obvious skepticism here. You are a stranger who I've never met, and yet you come forward telling me that I'm the long lost grandson of the Pharaoh of Desierto, and I'm supposed to just... accept it? Also even if it were true, then this would be a great and grave political disaster that would needed to be handled a bit more carefully than a name reveal at an after-war party held in a third party nation."

He didn't know why he had turned to admonishing Khalfani. The boy had truthfully done nothing wrong. He had only done what he felt was right in informing Seika of his potential lineage, and yet, Seika couldn't help but feel obstinate. The situation couldn't actually be real, and if it was, why now. Why were they just now getting to him about his parentage. He had grown up and lived a full life without ever once being mentioned or looked for, and yet now here was this young person coming to whisper sweet nothings into his ear.

Frowning at it all, Seika steeled his expression before turning back to Khalfani, "Earlier at the party, you had mentioned speaking to Sol, or at least an Avatar pretending to be Sol. Truthfully that is the reason why I came out here to speak with you, but in a way... It would also verify your claims as I could ask the Deity for this information directly. Is this still possible, or am I to merely take the word of a stranger at face value?"

He hoped Khalfani would be willing to provide the means to converse with Sol. While he was certain the boy had meant what he said, it was much harder to wrap your head around truths, especially when they come from strangers.

#4Khalfani † 

A Sun is Born [Khalfani] Empty Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:45 pm

Khalfani †

There were still so many things that Khalfani hadn't known. The young noble had no idea what it meant to be apart of the royal house of Desierto but after all they had endured, after the trauma and torture, this idea that they could potentially inherit a throne was what they deserved. It was hard to continue to have this conversation with Knurn though, because Khalfani just didn't care enough. With or without their elder brother, they would learn more about the family line. Knurn seemed to be under the impression that he was supposed to accept all of this.

"Please, I could care less about how you feel learning your true name. There are already established factions in and outside of Desierto dedicated to killing you and me both. They already know who we are. A guardian was sent to help me awaken for that reason alone." Khalfani paused, turning to their burly brother, tone as cold as ever. "You don't have to accept anything. This isn't an essay where I need to cite my evidence I am merely the messenger, brother. You either believe me, or you don't." Khal sighed.

Knurn was like a big skeptical dummy. The young Desiertan couldn't understand why it was so hard for the captain to accept this. When Khal was approached, they could literally feel that all of this was true. So what was it with Knurn? The man began speaking again, this time their concerns tailored towards communicating with divine entities- specifically the one Khal had told him about.

"I'm fairly certain I felt the embrace of Amun-Ra... the sun god of Desierto. I don't think talking to your Sol god would provide you with the answers you need about being the descendants of the Zharian gods. Or perhaps it's just the same god with a different name and Sol actually could give you answers... Who knows? You're asking me questions as if I'm not still figuring this out too, stupid." Khal hissed. "It's possible to meet the god I met, yes, but you'll need an anchor to astral project. It's a two person job. The person would need to be earthbound while pouring mana into you sort of propelling your soul towards Ra's presence. I don't know if you can do it without another person, but I wouldn't... your soul can die in any realm." Khalfani nearly died when they went but the reward was worth it. "When I astral projected, Daisia specifically asked Ra to provide me with answers. That's the god she sent me to, so if you want to speak to the god I spoke to, ya gotta go to Ra.

The young knight hoped that their answer could do whatever Knurn needed it to do. "You brought me here to convince you but there are just things I don't know either. It doesn't matter what I say, you're gonna have to do some digging yourself, big brother... like I did." Khalfani looked into the sky, staring at the red colored star directly above them. "And even god wasn't enough to convince me."

#5Khnurn 

A Sun is Born [Khalfani] Empty Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:00 am

Khnurn
Seika would sit pensively as he listened to Khalfani's scathing remarks and rather twisted ramblings. Of course there would likely be people after them, if they were royalty, they were a direct threat to any schemer's attempt to consolidate power within themselves. However there still seemed to be far too many holes in this story and things just weren't adding up. He himself had been raised by people who he would guess would claim to be his parents. But they easily could be retainers if they were tasked with protecting a young prince from those who were after his very essence. But what of the other experiences, the other people in his life. There were too many questions, too many coincidences to merely write them off as lies and falsehoods. Someone was telling a story, and there was just the smallest nagging feeling in the back of his head that it wasn't Khalfani spinning the yarn this time.

With these thoughts, a great frown would cross his features, still listening through all of the insults and back handed comments about local aspects of the heavens and astral projecting to meet them. If they were in fact localized manifestations of Sol and other aspects of the greater infinite, then it would be possible that these mediums would more than likely be easier to converse with than an actual aspect of Light. The whole needing a secondary to maintain a spiritual anchor part was probably due to the lack of actual knowledge and experience, but Seika himself wasn't much of a spiritual person. He worked in the physical manifestation of miracles. He left the more spiritual aspects to his fellow brethren.

Nodding to himself about all of this, he would finally sigh. It had been a minute or two since Khalfani had stopped talking, and in that time Seika had contemplated some things, but mainly he was giving the boy time to cool down. Clearly Seika had started off on the wrong foot, but it seemed that neither of them were particularly rational or amicable people to be around when agitated.

Huh, maybe there was a bit of merit to this familial relation after all.

Chuckling to himself at the small joke, the young giant shook with mirth before directing his golden irises back to the young lad who claimed to be his King. Finally taking all of the young maniac Knight in, he could seem some small resemblance. Primarily their similar honey golden eye colors. Rather pronounced and chiseled jaws. While his body was far larger and more built, that was also due to his upbringing and choice in training, but he could see where Khalfani could grown into something similar if the boy so chose to train his strength and core. Seika had long since stopped letting his hair grow out, preferring shorter fades as to maintain a sense of professionalism. But he knew from his youth that his hair grew long and smooth if he let it.

There were just too many similarities. Too many coincidences. True they could likely just come from a common ancestor, but the amount of genetic traits lead to a more apparent observation.

"Khnurn...", he tested the name aloud. The foreign pronunciation and feel left him feeling a bit lost, but the meaning came across his mind as if he had spoken the language all of his life. "A Mythical Sun reborn huh...? I wonder..." His thoughts trailed back again to circumstances and coincidences. Could all of this have been planned? Could there be something more to this than expected?

Looking back up to Khalfani he frowned again, his golden irises hidden behind the furrows of his brows, "You said you just learned of this information yourself from a... retainer? Where are they now?" If Khalfani could not impart the knowledge necessary to move forward, Seika would have to find someone who could.

#6Khalfani † 

A Sun is Born [Khalfani] Empty Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:34 pm

Khalfani †

What's not clickin' steven?! Was Khal's initial thought, but now Khnurn seemed to finally be absorbing it all in. Typical, all it took was the young knight damn near tearing their hair out for him to get there. Truthfully though, Khalfani couldn't blame their older brother for asking so many questions, they probably would have done the same thing if their life seemed to have a purpose already. The more the young Desiertan looked into their elder brothers eyes, the calmer they began to feel. It was almost as if the sun itself was wrapping its arms around them. Warmth. From a man who had the body of a brute, warmth radiated. A Gentle giant, he seemed to be. When the captain chuckled at Khal's frustration, they turned away and poked their lips pouting in embarrassment. "What's so funny." they scoffed as they slid their hands into their pockets. Although Khalfani was only a kid, they had survived on their own for a long time. No parents, no friends, and no other family. They remembered feeling lost and unwanted when they freed themselves from their shackles...but then they met Odin. The Lich who had taken them in and protected them. Odin, was their father.

So why did Khal decide to reveal the truth to their brother? If they didn't care about their blood-related family, why was this so important? It was simple. Khnurn was a piece to a puzzle both of them would have to put together. Power remained at the end of the road for both of them. Plus, Khal wasn't evil. This man just deserved to know who he was. Perhaps he felt obligated after all. The Savannan watched quietly as the rune knight Captain pondered on the name. A Mythical sun reborn. You see, Khalfani was supposed to be the opposite of their brother. So if Khnurn was the sun then that meant... "Not sure. Daisia is a servant of Desierto's royal court so she has a lot of responsibilities I'd assume." Khalfani paused for a moment. Something didn't make sense. The teen placed their hand on their chin as if they were in deep thought, "I'm curious as to why they didn't send someone for you though."

#7Khnurn 

A Sun is Born [Khalfani] Empty Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:17 am

Khnurn
A frown took Seika's face as he listened to his brothers words carefully. The young man seemingly regaining his composure after dealing with Seika's fifty degrees of questions. He could understand the young man's quick approach to anger but now wasn't the time to get frustrated. Especially if the pensive yet worried look that quickly flashed across Khalfani's face after his statement was to be considered.

"So let's assume that someone was supposed to come to me at some point and deliver all of this information. How... would they know we're here? Like the whole purpose of supposedly sending us away was because of these enemies that we should have correct? So how did your retainer know where to find you? How would mine know where to find me? How do we not know that they are the spies sent after us? Not to second guess your retainer, but just as easily as she can prove her allegiance by granting you a fancy name and showing you the cosmos, she could just as easily just know the information behind granting us this knowledge, and use it as a means to confirm our identity before reporting back to her superiors that she located the uh... Princes? This could all just be an elaborate trap to get us both together just to make it easier to either take us out now or track us for later."

Seika's mind was running a million miles a minute now. He wasn't joking earlier when he mentioned potential political fallout. He was just granted military accolades after his service in the war, and now he was learning that he could effectively be royalty to an entirely third nation that was supposedly neutral. Throw on that potential plots on his life, and things became far more complex and convoluted the more one dwelt on the situation. It seemed there were far more convenient truths and coincidences than answers, and unfortunately his supposed little brother was catching the third degree by an appropriately paranoid Captain who just received some of the most trying information of his life so far.

"We need to find your retainer, and quickly. We need answers, and we need them now."

Things were happening and Seika wasn't a fan of just being told things at face value, if Khalfani didn't know the truth, then he would have to be lead to someone who did.

#8Khalfani † 

A Sun is Born [Khalfani] Empty Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:59 pm

Khalfani †

Khal's older brother had been asking some really important questions. So much so, that the Knight was taken aback. How did they know Daisia wasn't a spy and was sent there to use the young Desiertan for some reason? Despite the fact that she was the very key that allowed Khal to ascend and had trained them for two years, that could have still been the case. It was very unlikely but... "Hmmm." The long haired mage turned their head, hand still under their chin as they tried to put the pieces together themselves. Khnurn stressed that finding Daisia was the most important thing for them and Khalfani couldn't disagree. "I guess...it's a gut feeling." they turned and stated with conviction as if it their own gut feeling was an all-seeing-oracle. "When I met Daisia, I felt safe within moments. I can't explain it... she knew so much about our family, and she was the one that helped me activate my god-like abilities. She trained me for years, fed me, clothed me, all so I could defend myself when if the hunters came." Khalfani sighed, rubbing the back of their head.

"But you're right. Meeting her is the only way for you to get the info you need. She's probably back in Desierto, but I guess I can contact her and tell her to meet us. You'll just have to feel what I felt."

Khalfani nodded attempting to be patient with their hunk of a brother. Raising a finger, they spoke once more, "I think it's important for you to realize that the people and culture of Desierto is entirely centered around their spirituality and it reflects in their language. They're very intuitive people. When I first met Daisia, her words alone weren't what got me to trust her, it was the feeling I had. Her energy... I was able to read it. Maybe it was just her immense magical power, but either way I felt no malevolent intent coming from her and my instincts told me to go with it. Sometimes all you need is that feeling, intuition is a tool." Khal shrugged.

"If there's one thing I know for certain she didn't lie about, its that you're my brother." The young Knight smiled warmly at the captain. The future for them could turn out so many ways, go in so many directions, cause the death of so many people. While Khalfani resented their family for abandoning them and allowing them to go through some of the most traumatic things anyone could ever go through, Khnurn was different. Khnurn was innocent in this too and so the knight felt connected to him in that way.

"Anyway. We'll meet in Baska in two months? If she doesn't show, we'll have to assume the worst and create a game plan from there."

#9Khnurn 

A Sun is Born [Khalfani] Empty Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:34 pm

Khnurn
The frown that Seika held did not go away with Khalfani's explanation. Spirituality was not something new to Seika. He was an extremely pious man himself, being a whole priest and Avatar of Sol himself, he knew the whole song and dance of spirituality. It was also one of the reasons he left the temple. While he was a devout and absolute believer of Sol, he wasn't going to sit there and divine meaning from words and gestures that didn't have any meaning. He knew from experience that direct communication was far better than feigned interpretations.

So when Khalfani brought up that the reason he had trusted this Daisia person's word was because of the inherent feeling that he got from here and not any actual concrete proof, well...

"You have got to be joking..."

Exasperation returned once more, but no longer twinged with anger, more exhaustion from the roller coaster of emotions due to the sudden influx and then subsequent lack of information he had been given. It was as if someone had half written a plot to a drama series and then left gaping plot holes everywhere for someone to pick apart. This scenario was becoming more and more precarious the longer Seika thought about it, but for now he figured it was better to go with the flow than fight a river. Maybe he'd get something out of this yet.

"Baska. Two months. Sure. If I don't like what this Daisia says or she doesn't provide proof of her word I'm turning you both in for questioning however. Until then, not a word of this to anyone. If even remotely half of what you claim is true then we can't trust anyone in Fiore until after everything is confirmed. Who knows who is actually out to get us at this point."

He put his foot down on his final statement, not caring at this point of Khalfani's objections if he had any. The boy had proven to be rather unreliable when it came to actually having any real proof or information of their origins. This meeting only created more questions and paranoia than anything if Seika were completely honest. He only hoped that the meeting in Baska actually went better than this, or else he was going to turn the boy and his 'retainer' to glass. Fuck turning them in.

#10Khalfani † 

A Sun is Born [Khalfani] Empty Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:19 pm

Khalfani †

Khalfani was in fact not joking. It was a little embarrassing that all they had to go off of was a gut feeling. The kid was getting antsy though. There was a party still happening and they wanted to enjoy every bit that they could. They were still a child after all, and that vanilla buttercream swirl loaf cake with strawberry icing was calling them. Khnurn would get it sooner or later, that much they knew for certain. For now, Khalfani would have to deal with the big black man's threats. A clear abuse of power. Besides, it would probably be better if he killed them or interrogated them himself instead of exposing all of this to the council. "Okay." Khalfani said blankly. "I'm gonna go back inside now." they said. They turned with a wave as they strolled back towards the ball. The knight sighed. Khnurn was so powerful it was almost unbearable. The heat they felt from the captain alone was unreal. The Knight decided at that moment, that they needed to get stronger. Power. It was the only way and it could not wait.

- Exit -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum