Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:51 pm

Saturn
The bountiful amount of knowledge that was present within the vast swaths of bookshelves at the knights headquarters was staggering. Even more so now that they had apparently fused with another guild that he wasn’t entirely familiar with. But it was something that he could use to springboard his information gathering skills and coherence of various languages. They had set him up with a variety of books to help him deepen his understanding of the fiorian language. He had basic understanding of the written and spoken language, but they definitely wanted it to be deeper than that.

So here he was, late in the night sitting in the library. Pouring over the various tomes that they had requested he go over. It was quite fascinating honestly. He was learning history, bloodlines, language and much much more about the land that he found himself in. One such book lay open in his hand, slowly turning the pages with a flick of his wrist. He didn’t dare touch the pages directly for his hand was so large he had found one of the other tomes had gotten ripped due to his lack of understanding about how they worked. Thankfully he was able to help the librarian repair it quickly with the use of some of their book magic.

The books he had read already sat to his left while the pile ever increased to his right. Humming softly to himself he was clearly enjoying the read but he was taking a lot of books for just one person at one point at one point in time. Right now the book that he was going over was actually more directly referencing to the knights themselves and how their relationship with the country and it’s various kings before the current one had been. It wasn’t always a good relationship between the two; some kings favoring their own guards over the rune knights, or treating them more like a place to put troublemakers in their families…

The list of how the rune knights were used in the past was… very strange yet intriguing. It also had several tomes which made him wonder just how far back the history of this country went between the king and his knights. Who were the first? Who were the most famous? The strongest? An ear flicked at that thought.

Who ushered in the era of peace? Who healed the most? Many instances of references to knights and their kings painted many as legendary warriors. It was intriguing still but… had there been a knight or maybe knights that were more focused on the land? The people? The hands of healing? He had to know…

#2Averie 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:35 pm

Averie
It seemed like a good evening to ponder, There was some one else lingering about and looking around. Yet to be known by one another. Averie was lingering about all of these books to find things, harmless things in her eyes but things nonetheless. One of her main hobbies was reading. But she was still new to this whole law thing and having to ensure it was all in line. So she was gathering things to her liking from various starting point.

For Averie it turned into finding so many things that she stopped at her gathering almost tower of books then would summon something to carry it for her. Then she would start reviewing it was all of the things she needed to read. After amassing enough she would look around for something able to settle her pile with out it all falling over with out worry. A typical day for Averie.

#3Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:17 pm

Saturn
Saturn had felt that he was largely alone in the library; many rune knights didn’t really have time for this sort of thing it seemed. But he was graced with an ample amount of time to learn. The massive demi-god’s ears flicked slightly as he could hear movement elsewhere. A mix of curious and wondering if maybe there was a librarian he missed that he could have asked for more books or references he’d stand after a moment. Brought out of his deep dive into fiorian history.

Natural curiosity brought him along to try to find where the sounds of another; though he also was curious to see what other topics could be broached upon from anothers perspective. What sort of things they would be researching at a time such as this and maybe if they had anything they could weigh in on with his own topics.

His footfalls were a little heavier than most, given his size so it’d be easier to tell that he was walking about. Pausing at the end of one of the many shelves he’d curiously call out. Knowing that libraries were meant to be a little on the quiet side he’d opt to do so in a hushed manner. No reason to suddenly have a librarian knight come down and berate him for being loud right?

hullo?

#4Averie 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:59 pm

Averie
Averie over all was still stuck in her mind about many things she was going to enjoy reading who knows how long Averie would be around here, Even she would not know. Kaito might have to check in on her and make sure she was getting sleep and eating. But this was typical things once one knew Averie.

She was no longer paying attention and tuned into the things around her. But the little spooky friend of her's was paying attention. It picked up the hello. Then let Averie know some one was lingering about. in which she finally speak."Oh? is there some one else here....interesting."Averie mentioned while she was looking at the titles of books and continuing to pile them. Then she simply said."Put the books down, Go greet them."Averie.

She was not overly loud in fact Averie was oddly soft spoken given the entire reason of this place. But Saturn would be greeted by something not too long after, However Averie did not think about the fact that. Averie was not sure if this ghost spoke or not she did not check before summoning or after summoning them either. Thus silliness might start. But the ghost wave saturn like it assumed it would see and understand it was harmless.

#5Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:52 pm

Saturn
Saturn wasn’t sure who else was in here; he was curious to say the least and was willing to poke around. His ears strained and would flick this way and that. The massive demi-god was hard to miss among the bookshelves so the ghost wouldn’t have any problems finding himself. Saturn rubbed at the back of his neck and turned about; finding after a moment that there was…

A ghost?

A ghost waving at him. Saturn blinked a bit and slowly waved back creeping forward and tilting his head to one side. He hadn’t experienced any spirits in his lifetime; not even once so to see one right in front of him was actually kind of baffling to him. He didn’t show a lick of fear but more curiosity to the extreme. If his eyes were open they’d practically be sparkling.

Where did you come from…

Saturn would reach out, albeit a little cautiously; seeing if he maybe could touch the ghost though he’d pause and motion at the ghost with his other hand. Realizing that maybe it would be a little rude to just stick your hand into someone without asking. Or just. In general. He was a little louder than most; but he was still speaking in a somewhat hushed tone.

Oh- Are you a librarian?

#6Averie 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:13 am

Averie
The ghost that was trying to some what help Saturn on his way towards Averie did not speak, Averie had not prepared it for such matters. but the ghost seemed some what logical still it would just try to show him things.Upon being asked where it came from it pointed where Averie was. trying to imply that it came from Averie just it could not explain it. But this could only go so well.

Answering from if they where what was mentioned was met with the no motion however the ghost continued to point towards the way Averie was hinting at Saturn to follow it.

While Averie seemed to continue gathering books like it was over all still happening as a casual pace. She was not really paying attention to what the ghost was doing while it was trying to bring Saturn to Averie so they could meet after all it was his mission.

#7Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:55 pm

Saturn
Saturn’s ears perked a little higher as the ghost seemed to point in a direction; so it had come from over there? His second question was met with the same; pointing in the direction. For a few moments saturn seemed to contemplate this and then nodded his head. Getting that maybe he should go that way. So that’s exactly what he would do; following the lead of the ghost.

It wasn’t talking to him but just pointing so it was likely that this little fella couldn’t talk; but they were friendly enough. Saturn’s entire body language was that of a friendly open book; ears perked, tail wagging slightly and a sort of warm brightness in his being. Made it even easier to really approach. A certain sense of innocence and wonder was on his face as he tried to figure out just how one would go about making a little ghost like this.

Was it a different kind of music than he had? Was it something else entirely? Maybe he could ask whoever was responsible for this curious creature…

#8Averie 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:22 pm

Averie
Over all in the end it seemed to work Saturn seemed to have some what been lead towards Averie almost could picture the fan fair music in your head while one seemed to be shown where one was guided too. But the ghost seemed to celebrate on it's own. Almost like it was happy it remembered as well.

To Averie not really paying attention was she was well, climbing on books to find more books which was odd but this was just how Averie worked she needed all of the book that where her interest, then cut the ones that were not as important to read compared to important. but already it was a fairly tall pile. Then the ghost tried to get Averie attention for doing the thing that she told it to do. You know because it did not speak. Such things where only oing to help so much.

#9Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:05 pm

Saturn
Saturn was surprised to see the little guy celebrating or rather looking as though it was celebrating. Saturn didn’t seem to mind, smiling warmly and trotting after it. He didn’t know where it was leading him; but he trusted it! Saturn blinked and looked to the ghost when it had stopped.

Looking about for a moment before looking up at what the ghost was trying to get the attention of. The person that was… on a book pile? Saturn looked taken back for a moment but then after trying to figure out what to say he’d just go with what first came to mind.

Hullo. Don’t suppose this is your friend?

Saturn would give a lil wave and motioned to the ghost. Wondering if averie would notice both of them. He wondered what this persons name was; what was the customary greeting for people here? It was just hello right? Handshakes too? He couldn’t remember exactly.

#10Averie 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:35 pm

Averie
Averie did then look around her to see what was going on. Averie then realized what was requested has been achieved it brought this being over this massively large fluffy being. Averie was wondering what book this being could be from because she had not read anything about it before, then she remembered she read books on other things and not what beings are."It is yes my friend yes, I summoned them to greet you while I was looking for books."Averie said in return.

The ghost then just seemingly poofed away only because it seemingly had wanted to on it's own accord."Well...they also left, such a good spirit." Averie did sound happy over all with the results of this situation.

Thus leading into this part."I am Averie, I am a nercomancer who is recent to the ranks of the knights it is nice to meet you."

#11Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:04 pm

Saturn
Saturn couldn’t help but give a cheerful little wave which was already accented by his very warm smile. He couldn’t help but to lean to see what averie was trying to do or rather what interests she had in books. The demi-god had very little in the way of knowledge and was very much so not judgemental. Hearing that the other had summoned the little friendly spirit made him perk up.

I’ve never met someone that could summon things before. That’s fascinating.

Saturn rubbed at his chin; his grin widening a bit as he inspected Averie. What sort of music did she use to conjure such friendly spirits? He had to know. But what came next definitely painted her in a positive light. Giving the little spirit the praise that they deserved for being as helpful as it was.

Very patient too. Whatever you did to summon it was a good song.

Then came the introduction he was hoping to get; their name was averie and they were a necromancer that just recently joined the rune knights. Saturns grin seemed to spread a little further; he hadn’t met that many rune knights and of those none were summoners or necromancers either!

Nice to meet you too, Averie. I’m Saturn; I just joined the rune knights fairly recently too. Did kon recruit you too? Oh. General Kon. Right. Ranks.

Saturn was still getting used to the whole ranking thing with the knights, he often didn’t ask people what their ranks were or what they did too frequently since they always seemed to be busy but he couldn’t help but ask Averie here…

If you’re a recent addition what rank did they give you?

#12Averie 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:22 pm

Averie
It was an interesting question, one Averie had no idea how to answer. because she never looked into it. She was merely a being of habit who was studying she did not actually know what rank she was or what all and all."Well keep in mind, I spent most of my life studying the varying arts of summon it is mostly the undead I deal with."Averie was hoping this would not something to freak this being out, But Averie felt it was going to find considering they didn't run away at the moment of seeing of a ghost.

"My rank i am not sure of, I am from the guild that recently merged over into the rune knights."Even then when she was just in the guild before the merge she did not know what rank she was, she just kind of joined and forgot about it moving on with her time."When I joined, I merely forgot about most of it and went on doing what i normally do."

#13Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:50 pm

Saturn
I’ve never thought of trying to use undead or trying to summon them. Or study them. This is… a whole new type of music I didn’t know existed. Mm. Sounds like it’s something you really enjoy doing if you’ve done it that long.

Saturn didn’t seem phased by the use of necromancy; didn’t seem to judge Averie for using it and in fact was absolutely fascinated by the topic. If his eyes were open they would have been shining nonstop at learning something new. Hearing that she didn’t know what rank she was made saturn wonder if there were people out there that wouldn’t care. If she just recently merged with the group then there was probably some kind of paperwork mismatch right?

That’s fair I suppose, I wouldn’t know what was what if I just got merged into here. Heck I don’t even really know whats what even without that.

Saturn let out a small laugh, on the rather quiet side since they were in the library and he had gotten scolded for being too loud before. This was a place for study and all that.

What guild was it?

Hearing that she had forgotten about it and just went about her business painted a very strange image to saturn. Wouldn’t it have been important? Apparently not. He’d rub at his chin and note that she had a good heaping of books herself. Feeling as though he should ask…

Do you need help finding anything? And that makes sense I suppose. Especially if your rank doesn’t really matter… are you more of a researcher like the librarians?

#14Averie 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:00 pm

Averie
It seemed the reaction was about how she thought it would but, Then again he seemed to know it for just what was in front of him and not what entirely studying these things meant."Most people don't study the undead. Most people when they meet some one who does, Are for use to them using it for less then favourable means."Averie explained and this was just what she was use too in terms of the things she dealt with.

The major thing she recalled was the guild name."Collective Mind, I merely joined and that was it. I do not know anyone else really in the guild at this point."Averie did forgot people at times she only knew one person from the guild she was a part of and she had not seen her in a long time.

as for help she did not really need any."Unless you happen know where all the books related to various studies of the undead or different areas of nercomancy, I assume it's illegal."She mentioned casually.

#15Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:07 pm

Saturn
I suppose that makes sense. The rune knights certainly are full of people that are very different than the standard.

Saturn would rub at his chin thoughtfully; kon was the only person he had ever met that he never got to see the face of and toga was the only fire mage he had ever met either. And here in front of him was a necromancer that studied the undead rather than use them for ‘less than favourable means’. It was very interesting to him. Upon hearing her answer to the prior guild she was a part of the demi-god hummed.

I can’t say that I’ve heard of them, but to be fair there’s many guilds out there from what I’ve been told… Well you could always go to the mess hall or the courtyard. It’s a good place to meet folks I’ve found!

Saturn beamed brightly and upon hearing that she needed books regarding to various studies of the undead or necromancy he’d ponder. If it was mostly use for less than favorable means that would mean that it’d be a little more difficult to find but not impossible right?

I can’t say that I do, but I’ve been reading up on countries and maybe iceberg related books might have something? I’ve heard the undead mentioned there a lot for some reason. Or whatever a draugr is.

#16Averie 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:06 pm

Averie
Well if they were mentioning iceberg."I would know that information already, I am from iceberg to start with."Averie figured maybe her accent was entirely clear at this point but she was icebergian."My mother is icebergian and I was raised there, unless some kind of book that isn't one i could have gotten my hands on quickly it would not be that much of value to me."She hopped it was taken nicely because well she might not look like the mightiest of all icebergian people but she was one of them."But i do assume each book can be special depending on who wrote it."

Then Averie pondered over the rest of the things presented for her at the time."I know of the being you mentioned, I have summoned it before."Averie said while she pondered if she could summon it right now but chose not too."Better if i don't give you an example simply because summoning undead is....attention grabbing."Averie mentioned for a reason.

#17Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:41 pm

Saturn
Oh! I’ve never met anyone from Iceberg before, most people I think I’ve met are from fiore. That explains the accent. Couldn’t place it.

Sure saturn had his own accent but he had no idea what it sounded like to other people. He knew what his voice sounded like of course but it was always impossible to understand your own. He’d cock his head to one side as the other continued. So she’d need a book of the rarier variety if she hadn’t already gotten her hands on it. That’d make sense given where she came from.

Hmm. You make a good point. It’d probably be easier to find something like that in auctions or rare vendors.

As they continued saturn was blown away at the fact that the other admitted that they had summoned what he had been talking about. He didn’t know that you could summon something like that; he thought that they were naturally occurring or something like that! He’d lean a little bit; curiosity playing on his features like fingers played on a piano.

What was it like? I’ve never seen someone summon something before and I can only imagine how the music felt like when you did it. Is summoning undead for attention a bad thing?

Saturn had no negative connotations associated with summoning undead. He didn’t get it but was more interested in the magical applications than anything else.

#18Averie 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:27 am

Averie
Well if anything, if anyone wanted to talk about personal experiences about their magic and it happen to do with the undead. Averie was your random woman from frozen lands far away you might want to talk too."I am sure there are plenty of us around, I know in my case myself and my sister do still have slight accents compared to most people."Averie mentioned.

But alas they would move on to talking about the undead and the means in which Averie summoned and explored the many means of learning about it. "But such things are a rarity for me to hear of." One mention before moving on to the main subject at hand.

Averie knew she was a bit of an odd necromancer. Even explaining."Keep in mind, I do things in very odd ways...I summon them rather then over all an outlier. I learn of all nations undead and spirits, get permission if they are of sound mind."She went off mentioning that to clear up any misunderstanding of what could work between her and others."Each Nation does have over all interesting forms of undead, I haven't studied all of them yet. But between bodies and spirits there is a lot to learn." Then Averie clapped her hands together parting then it summoned another ghost but the shape of an actual normal person taller then Averie who floated all the way next to Averie.

#19Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:09 am

Saturn
Oh you have a sister? Is she a necromancer like you too?

Saturn cocked his head to one side; wondering if this type of music was a familial sort of thing. It’d make sense to him if it was; he had never met one before and here there was a woman with knowledge and a family. It’d be easy to link the two things together no? Hearing that it was rare to hear of though made him also wonder just how deep that rabbit hole went…

Fascinating…

The way that averie explained how they summoned undead and how they went about it made him think they were a little more friendly of a necromancer than you’d likely expect. Asking for permission was something he was pretty sure not everyone did and finding that the dead were in a sound place sounded strange to him.

So you go the extra mile to make sure that they’re safe to summon? Is that not usually how necromancers act? It’d be unsafe otherwise.

He couldn’t imagine summoning someone without permission and seeing the ghost that was in a form of another person he’d give them a little friendly wave. He didn’t seem bothered by her practices or the idea of necromancy. Believing it to be a fairly harmless practice. Then again that was just the innocence talking.

#20Averie 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:18 am

Averie
This was also a good question to ask her as she did not mind talking about her family but over all might be a bit differently."No my sister is a different kind of a mage. Some would call her a Disease and Illiness Host, Other called her a witch of sickness, normal creative names you call a woman who can collects and not be effected by any Illness or disease she can get her hands on."Averie explained, her sister was a vary different kind of woman compared to Averie they did very different jobs as well.

It was unsafe over all for Nercomancers, but that was mostly the action for other people."It is always noted that each Nercomancer does work differently. I tend to want to do things to solve other issues often over looked. Most who go about dealing with the undead my way of summoning don't ask they just impose their will upon the souls and force them into action."Averie explained that part she was use to and knowing full well that was common.

#21Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:44 pm

Saturn
I’ve never heard of someone like that before either; that sounds positively fascinating.

He never really got sick himself and even when he did his body and music seemed to work through it fairly quickly. He’d ponder the idea of having multiple names referring to yourself or titles. Like the general or the other rune knights that seemed to hold their titles a little more seriously.

What would you call her?

He had to ask that question since she mentioned that some would call her this or that. If averie had some sort of idea in regards to her sister he’d like to know. He’d listen raptly about what she had to say about the necromancers and the way they handled things. He’d ponder the idea of getting permission before summoning them; if she was different than that meant that more necromancers were more forceful? That would be a good solution to create less problems long term right?

So the way you do it is more peaceful compared to the more forceful way, if necromancers were to do it that way more frequently do you think that they’d be less attention grabbing?

#22Averie 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:53 pm

Averie
What would she call her? Averie had no problems with her sister and still in ln fact loved her enough that it was just a normal manner of expression of emotions were lacking so when she came up with an answer it might be a bit dull."I call her sister, Helena, Sometimes a pain in my butt."It was an honest answer Averie loved her sister and got along with it as most family did."She looks after me when I need it, advises me when she feels it needed...i can't complain too much about it."Which over all it was was just how it was.

Now it was opinion question and she enjoyed this question."Yes, I think in the manner you explained it would be entirely correct."Averie agreed with it while it was an odd way. It seemed some one finally got what she felt was needed."Maybe in that manner, Then Necromancey will not be looked as so badly and as taboo. More looked into what helpful things that can be achieved."Averie view it as logical work to solve things.

#23Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:33 pm

Saturn
The concept of siblings was something that saturn wasn’t entirely familiar with or rather he had no grasp of what sort of relationships siblings should have. Friendly? Aggressive? Everything was an option and hearing that she had a name and that they were ‘a pain in her butt’ made saturn wonder if the other had been hurt in some fashion. Cocking his head to one side he would have asked but they elaborated further. A loving yet somewhat strained relationship?

Interesting. I’ve never… well I don’t have siblings and you’re the first person I’ve met that has had one that I know of. So It’s erm. Not something I’m entirely familiar with. But it sounds like you two get along?

Saturn would rub his chin thoughtfully; maybe he could present that sort of thing to the magic council and get them to state that kind of necromancy wasn’t bad? Maybe? They had the power to enact change didn’t they? He’d ponder for a moment and consider bringing that up…

Have you considered taking that sort of approach on a music that’s considered taboo to the council? At least in that fashion? They might look at it more favorably and might be able to get it more accepted?

He wasn’t sure how flexible the council was or those that were on it were in any fashion honestly. It was kind of funny that as a being of magic or music that he didn’t really know the laws regarding them too well…

#24Averie 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:26 pm

Averie
So this being did not have family. It was over all going to be something she was unsure how else to explain in depth."Over all, I do in fact get along with her even as normal when trying to get along there might be minor disagreements at times."Averie mentioned, over all she will say she did still love her sister, She would never think anything horrible would be wished upon her and not give her any problems.

In which she was posed a different question entirely. It was a logical thought."Because It is a bit harder to merely talk to this entire faction logically that a manage known as such can be used morally for good means considering previous examples where always horrible."At least it was what she last remembered over all. It was a good question to ask and one she had some what an answer too.

#25Saturn 

Knowledge within, Knowledge without [Averie] Empty Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:10 pm

Saturn
I see. Though hopefully you can work out the disagreements. I can’t think of anyone wanting to keep that sort of thing on especially with relatives.

Saturn knew that some people would likely use anything as an excuse to keep gripes with others, in this case he didn’t think averie was one of them. He’d cock his head to one side as she further explained the reasoning why she didn’t approach the council. She had a point; it’d take a lot of effort and time and there might be a lot of issues with it. He’d fold his arms and ponder it over a few times.

Could try to find those that are willing to listen maybe? Rather than those inside of it that are… well the entire everything. Everyone? Everyone. Erm. Yes.

His grasp on fiorian wasn’t exactly the strongest still and there were some words he got jumbled up. The demi-god wasn’t sure what else he could say regarding this. He maybe could be the one to talk to them about it; or at least talk to someone about it somewhere. He felt like he could help a little bit more than averie could on her own.

what have you found so far in your trek here?

Last edited by Saturn on Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum