Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestion: Balancing The Realms

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Sofia 

Suggestion: Balancing The Realms Empty Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:20 am

Sofia

One thing that has struck me and others as odd is the  availability of territory in regions? If you look at the way the site is laid out, especially in terms of the recently added conquest system, you have this;

North Fiore: 3 Areas (Merchant/Military/Industry)
West Fiore: 3 Areas (Merchant/Military/Industry)
East Fiore: 2 Areas (Merchant/Military)
South Fiore: 2 Areas (Merchant/Military)

For a start, that's off balance since there's a whole 'nother area for both North and West compared to East and South, but if you also look at the placement of the guilds, both East and South have two guilds in their areas, so that means that if any one of them wants to expand beyond their local area they do it at the expense of one of the other guilds (which has already happened with Daeva Eye conquering Fairy Tail).

Meanwhile the realms of North and West have enough space that guilds can have their own area, and still have an area to expand into and vie for whilst still maintaining their original realm, which is lovely... For them.

I think the situation is especially complicated in the South, where my guild is, because you have two light/good guilds right next door to each other so... One of them basically has to act like a dark guild/OOC and conquer the other in order for any kind of expansion to happen, or people just have to be happy being the 'poor cousin' with less than other regions?

To me this is a bad set up, especially when there had been assurances that this whole conquest system was not intrinsically built to set people against each other, but the layout clearly is pitted to do this?

My suggestion would be to create a couple of new areas for each of the East and the South just to offer some expansion room for everyone? And not only that, I'd be happy to build these areas for the staff in order to accommodate this, and save a pressured body of people the time and effort needed to balance things out?

As I see things it would be easy to just add an industrial type area to each of these regions so that all four 'compass point' areas have the same amount of resources for the respective guilds to vie for. And there's also at least one canon area that's missing from the site that could readily make for a new area for either the East or the South; Galuna Island. That and one other area could readily be added to solve this problem and also offer some more places to RP/generate quests and such so... Why not do it?

However, if this is not considered reasonable, there's also the option of moving one of the northern areas to one of these regions since currently Northern Fiore only has one guild with 3 regions all to itself, which could be considered a bit unfair when the East and South are so very cramped?

#2Kon 

Suggestion: Balancing The Realms Empty Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:38 am

Kon

Hi Sofia, Thanks for the suggestion. More locations for East and South Fiore are heavily being considered, including having us bring back Nanuq Town which was previously also on the Northern Fiore Region during Season 1 and 2. The reason for the current imbalance stems from the other regions simply already having them being present while East and South Fiore didn't.

Meanwhile, I think there is one critical aspect of the Conquest System that has been overlooked on your part, the ability for guilds to form Alliances. This does offset the notation of having to be the bad guy or being the lesser subject in the same region. As for moving the current locations to my knowledge the closest move would be Worth Woodsea to go to Eastern Fiore. But to move the location would retcon quite a lot of other things. Returning to the original suggestion, yes we are strongly looking into adding an additional location to South and East Fiore.

#3Kon 

Suggestion: Balancing The Realms Empty Sun May 10, 2020 1:47 pm

Kon

This question has been answered and moved.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum