Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the order in which buffs are applied?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Tomoe Tanaka 

What's the order in which buffs are applied? Empty Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:18 am

Tomoe Tanaka
I'll use myself as an example, I suppose. I have both the Nightwalker Aura and the Transcendent transformation, each of which give percentage stat increases. What is the order in which stat buffs are applied between auras, racial transformations, self-buffs, other-buffs cast on you, and any abilities from equipment that would give buffs?

I'll use an example of how the difference could be depending on priority, using Speed as an example stat.

If the 30% from Nightwalker + Transcendent comes before equipment, my Speed becomes 84.

If the 30% from Nightwalker + Transcendent comes after equipment, however, my Speed becomes 96.

I get that it's not a massive gap, but it's a gap that will only grow as my stats do.

Furthermore, what happens in the event of an armor or weapon spell that just says, "gain +50 to a stat" or something like that? Is that retroactively applied to the percentage-based stat boosts from Nightwalker and Transcendent, or added on top after those? Or is it entirely dependent on the order they're used in?

It's a question that's been on the brain for a bit, so I figured I'd ask in here.

#2Kon 

What's the order in which buffs are applied? Empty Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:03 am

Kon

Base + Racial modifier + Any other percentage-based effect + Equipment & Buffs + Debuffs

#3Tomoe Tanaka 

What's the order in which buffs are applied? Empty Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:56 pm

Tomoe Tanaka
Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

#4Kaiser 

What's the order in which buffs are applied? Empty Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:31 am

Kaiser

This question has been answered and moved.

What's the order in which buffs are applied? Sigbys10

m a t r i a r c h y

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum