Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Offense and Stun

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Akai 

Offense and Stun Empty Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:34 pm

Akai
Can a Dark offensive spell, cause stun damage or would that be a different kind?

#2Venus Rosé 

Offense and Stun Empty Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:40 pm

Venus Rosé

Offensive spells only do damage, they do not stun enemies. That's what supplementary spells do.

#3Kon 

Offense and Stun Empty Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:07 am

Kon

This line of questioning has been resolved and will now be moved.

#4Leyaria Venerak 

Offense and Stun Empty Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:05 pm

Leyaria Venerak
I'm reopening this question as I do not believe that it was sufficiently answered.

With the exception of spells in which deal Shocking Damage (generally attributed to the Lightning Magic), spells are not capable of stunning. In your particular case of Darkness Magic, I do not believe it will be likely for which you would be able to pull off a spell in which could genuinely convey Shocking Damage outside of just a Min-Max perspective.

Now, with respects to the Supplementary matter, stunning as a whole is generally something to which is not advocated for. The closest thing to which may be attributed to stunning would be traps, though even those applications of the spell would largely be based on the wording. Thus far, the closest iteration to what was an outright stun spell which was my White Dragon's Gift of Rapture, still enabled for the means of the target to interact and was largely reliant upon them RPing the effects of the spell, thus radically shifting the actual effectiveness of it.

I would probably just say that as a general premise, if you're looking for a spell that will outright "When Target X is hit by Spell Y, they will be stunned, unable to do anything for Z period," I would stop looking. If you're more interested in a trap that may be able to replicate those measures, that may be more feasible, but it also must be remembered that it falls into the rules regarding traps, supplementary, what Magics can/might the spell fall into as well, and factors of that degree.

#5Akai 

Offense and Stun Empty Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:11 pm

Akai
Thanks!, time to go change up my spell.

#6Kon 

Offense and Stun Empty Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:30 pm

Kon

This line of questioning has been resolved and will now be moved.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum