Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bow and Arrows

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Nastasya 

Bow and Arrows Empty Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:29 am

Nastasya
I was thinking about bows, since I wouldn't mind one but I'm a bit unsure because of the cooldown

I find it too limited that you could only shoot one arrow at the time, that you have to wait 1 cooldown before you could shoot another one. That is quite a drawback for a bow, while a sword gives you the ability to continue to fight the whole time. Okay I know spells on swords have a cooldown too but a bow needs an arrow, sword fighting doesn't immediately need a spell.

Is it maybe an option to allow for example three arrows per post (or any other amount) or give a quiver with a standard set of arrows which has either a cooldown before it's full again or you have to refill using mana (and cooldown). The mana based on the strength of the bow, so D-ranks quivers have another amount of arrows and a small amount of mana to fill up, A-rank bows have a bigger quiver and takes more mana to fill. I don't have an exact amount or mana set in mind, but just the idea of not depending completely on one arrow for one post and not being able to do anything the next post with your bow etc.

Especially with the Ranger Set, it is asking for trouble if you want to get the bonus yet your bow works with one arrow and not the next post. Nice to dodge but I would like to fight too.

It could also be an option to make a quiver a backpiece/relic to reduce cooldowns.

Please consider!

#8e1ed ~ Nastasya
#2Kon 

Bow and Arrows Empty Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:32 am

Kon

I agree with the statements made by Alice, the bows and guns leave the user extremely vulnerable for not much payoff. For instance, they have abilities that are the same as spells so they'll be holding this chunky weapon, pow, useless for the next turn and it's not even viable to use as a blunt instrument if need be. An alternative or an addition would be to increase the range of the ranged weapons abilities to a rank higher.

#3Tenshi † 

Bow and Arrows Empty Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:12 am

Tenshi †
Something that we ask you to keep in mind is that the systems in place are subject to change. The whole idea and concept behind Bows and Guns are still raw, and it will require (at least partly so) that we see how they fare before we make any actions with them. While there is an understandable urgency to make them feel better, the current problem is finding out what is too strong or too weak for the current system, as the weapons will have to adjust both to user ability and the systems in place.

Bow and Arrows D09aavQ
#4Kon 

Bow and Arrows Empty Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:22 am

Kon

This line of questioning has been resolved and will now be moved.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum