Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:32 am

Ryuko

As the three of them returned to the cottage Ryuko and Maple shared for their adventure the dragon girl had invited the elderly man to take a seat. For once she tried to play a proper host, going as far as filling a kettle with boiling water and preparing some tea for the elderly man while he was being entertained by Maple's interest in his stories.

However, once she joined them at the table he shared the attention between the two of them and smiled kindly at the pair. "Thank you Ryuko, now where was I... Ah, perhaps proper introductions are in order."

The elderly man turned to look from Maple toward Ryuko as he spoke. "I am Nozrum, and the reason I came to Joya in search for you both is because I am in dire need of help."

The man paused, leaving Ryuko a moment to inquire. "What exactly is it that would make you seek out us specifically?"

The man nodded his head as he continued. "Have you heard about the Dragon League War?"

Despite the term earning the interest of the dragon girl almost immediately, she had to admit she knew nothing about the event itself. Yet as she looked at Maple, wondering if the adventurous half elf heard of anything along the lines of such a conflict as well Nozrum continued.

"Do not be alarmed, it was a war from before your time, a war fought long long ago with the future of Caelum at risk. During the war two mighty dragons fought on opposing sides. One desired to protect the people of Caelum, the other intended to burn it all down to the ground in a bout of madness and blind rage. While this dragon: Vortigern was struck down and slain in the conflict, the dragon who had been fighting for Caelum was severely injured in the process as well, and disappeared shortly after the conflict ended. But now there have been rumors of a group of cultists attempting to resurrect Vortigern to finish what he had started all these years ago..."

It was clear there was a lot at stake right now, even if the conflict sounded like an outlandish story.

WC: 350
Total WC: 350/1800

#2Maple 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:01 am

Maple
Over all as this went on it would not feel as much as a history lesson then it was some what seemingly leading towards more work. While not right away boring to Maple still would most likely leave her a bit in a wandering state of mine soon, Even if the status of winter Maple was a bit harsh at times there was a good balance between the sometimes oddly winter feeling Maple and her normal some what clueless and carefree ways of being. But alas she was support in some manner this was good enough for at least in her mind.

Back to the conversation at hand it seemed over all Maple was able to still talk with ease even if at times the reflect of the leave of her outfit turned blue. To anyone else it was a neat trick to Ryuko if she picked up on it knew that was Maple having herself shift in some manner to match the season around her. When it came to what was brought up Maple given the state of winter she was knowing very well he had no idea what this man was talking about almost seemed sad she did not know.

Maple did listen but in her slightly depressive almost did want to state that the history of caelum and or even any other nation where things she did not know. she barely remembered the history of Stella and she was from there to start with, But all and all for now she seemed to be sitting there and no saying anything at least, The coldness of winter Maple was quite and contained for the moment.Unless something else might have sparked it to need to remark something. But at least she was here and trying to help Ruko.

WC:300

#3Ryuko 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:22 am

Ryuko

Noticing the shift in Maple's attire coloring and the overall mood of the conversation, Ryuko gently patted her lap as if to invite Maple to take a seat so she coil spoil her a little with attention and affection, yet she still paid attention to the history lesson that the elderly man was providing. "While the dragon league war sounds like a conflict that left a lot of harm upon the land, I am not entirely certain why the activities of these cultists would require you to seek out us specifically. Why not rally a group of heroes to vanquish the cult?"

a plausible idea, after all Ryuko didn't see any specific requirement why it had to be them to deal with the cultists, but Nozrum shook his head lightly. "Unfortunately a group like that would cause the cult to relocate and go into hiding once more. If we are to stop their plans we need a reason for them to not desire to flee. After all, considering their motives: If the daughter of a famous divine dragon arrived at their doorstep, then surely they'd be less inclined to abandon their objectives."

Ryuko sighed audibly at these words. "So you want to use me as bait..." To which the elderly man shook his head lightly. "Your strength is not unknown to me, and I believe with Maple supporting you there is no chance a cult like them would be able to best you. Of course, I'd understand if you were to decline, but should Vortigern be resurrected the sheer damage he would inflict upon not just Caelum, but the rest of the world would be devastating..."

Ryuko's eyes narrowed as she pondered on it. "The damage he would leave upon nature would take years to recover, if that is even a possibility after such devastation... But I won't decide on my own. I am traveling with Maple now, and I don't intend to leave her behind, so it will depend on her opinion as well."

And with these words Nozrum turned to look at Maple, praying to hear the answer he was hoping for.

WC: 360
Total WC: 700/1800

#4Maple 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:32 pm

Maple
Maple was not going to back down from this affection, Then again Winter was always a depressing season in some manner, it was almost like the world went cold and sleepy for a reason. This it was Maple most risky mood. Not that she would take it out on other people if she could help. In some manner Maple was just her own force of nature and she could not be helped at times. So Maple did exactly that she merely sat on Ryuko's lap. In some manner most of the time Maple seemed to be bubbly and happy. She seemed to merely sit there and calmly listen.

After all Maple here had no power or play to really throw in anything in these matters. She was listening still but did not seem to put much in at the time. There was mention of harm to the land and having to use Ryuko as bait, one she could be interested in trying to solve the other was questionable."This is a very odd sounding situation."Maple finally spoke up after not saying much for a while. In some manner she was still over all processing information. All and all it felt odd for her still.

It was all left in Maple's choice for what would happen here. Odd power to leave to a overly well manner, peaceful and harmless woman. It seemed over all like it was bait to control things, Not that Maple minded it but she was worried about Ryuko's safety and some what her own. But she knew she had ways to live. If it was for the better of caelum."Alright....let's go along with this."Winter Maple sounds cold as ever about things going on. She would try to do it.

WC:300

#5Ryuko 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:41 pm

Ryuko

Nozrum nodded his head somberly. "Of course I'd prefer to keep you both out of harm's way, but if the cultists were to succeed there would be nowhere on Earthland that would be safe."

Ryuko smiled gently at Maple's decision, her hands gently wrapping around her waist and snuggling into her back. "Then let's go ahead and hear more about your plan on how to deal with the cultists, the faster we deal with them, the faster I can accompany Maple on a trip into the wilds~"

Nozrum smiled as he opened the pouch he carried with him, opening a map that revealed what seemed to be a area within Caelum. "While I have yet to discover their whereabouts, it seems they are mostly situated in this area. So I presume their base is somewhere there."

Ryuko frowned, her gaze turning up to look at Maple. "I guess we can look around, If I recall right it is near the wilds of Albion, which means we might need to gain the goodwill of the fae-folk to traverse the forest safely and discover the place these cultists lurk at."

Yet as she ticklishly trailed her fingers along Maple's belly she whispered a soft thanks. It seemed Ryuko wasn't interested in leaving Maple behind, but at the same time she couldn't ignore this tale either!

WC: 230

#6Maple 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:18 pm

Maple
It was fair that they needed to hear more, Maple was over all just seemingly more ready to just go deal with it, with out hearing more. Why was an odd question however easily explained from how Ryuko was picking up the season change with in her. He wanted them out of harms way. It seemed over all a bit rough. As this was tale yet to reach it's end, Maple had plenty of time to watch and see. After all there was now a mention of a trip to the wilds.

The entire reason of why she was in these area, to see nature. But if anything there was mention of Albion wilds. in some manner if it was wilds it meant woods. Ryuko knowing what Maple could do. Finding some one in the woods is going to be fairly easy for Maple. If anything it was simple to find some one in the woods. Maple would find them pretty quickly.

Some what tickling only got her to move for a moment, but her focus was on the conversation."What are these fae like?"Maple asked because maybe she could do something to connect to the fae, She was already fairly different as a half elf so maybe there was more she could figure out.

WC:217

#7Ryuko 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:52 am

Ryuko

Maple's question earned a look of surprise from Nozrum while Ryuko simply smiled gently at her. It was true, Maple did have a bond with nature and its inhabitants in a way that few could compare with, or even hope to understand. After a moment of consideration Nozrum finally spoke. "The Fae of Caelum, they come in all forms and shapes due to their ability to take on disguises, but most might know them as 'fairies'. Small pixie-like entities. While it is not unheard of for one to stumble upon them during their travels in the wilds of Albion, They are quite whimsical and as such their presence can be as easily a boon as it could be a curse."

Ryuko pondered for a moment about the idea Maple might have had. "Do you think you could track them down for us if we were to travel to Caelum? I think you're our best bet for getting along with the Fae Maple~"

Nozrum meanwhile looked hopefully at Maple, it seemed they would have to rely on her if there was any hope of tracking down the lair of the cultists by enlisting the help of the fae of Caelum!

WC: 200

#8Maple 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:50 pm

Maple
The plan seemed to be starting to took root so to say, Ryuko had picked up on the idea of what Maple could be implying."Then we must gamble by having me talk to them."Maple did state it plainly. Normally it was not the best season for Maple to talk to them in but Maple was enough of an oddity with how she worked that she some what got along with Fae and could mesh well with them.

But Ryuko got and understood the suggestion she could talk to them."If at least one of them speaks Fiorian or Stellan...I can at least try to get a connection from the fae to see if they can tell me where they are."It was a good idea only because they needed to do this peacefully and almost seeming in the background to slowly build up to it. As long as the Fae kind of thought them as friendly then they would have a good in towards the goal in the end.

But since it seemed like the plan with everyone being food with."Unless you have any other idea? I figured this might work best."Meeting the fae did sound fun.

WC:202

#9Ryuko 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:01 pm

Ryuko

Nozrum shook his head lightly, seemingly in agreement with the idea. Meanwhile Ryuko affectionately nuzzles into Maple's back while she pondered a little about the voyage that awaited them. "If I recall right the easiest way to reach the isles of Caelum from here would be by ship, there is a port not too far from this settlement, and the fare for the journey isn't that expensive either."

Not to mention meeting the Fae sounded exciting, even if that prospect paled in comparison to going on an adventure with Maple! All the opportunities for adventure, bonding and snuggling after their travels, for obviously at some points they would need to make camp and regain their energy.

Nozrum seemed to be agreeable to the idea as well, and only a few hours later the trio had departed for the port where they could take the ferry to Caelum. According to the captain it would take them only a few days if they were blessed by good weather and favorable wind in the sails.

Still, Ryuko couldn't help but feel herself lost in thoughts. Even if she attempted to distract herself from them with more pleasant happenings, like watching how Maple would deal with the voyage, at some point as she was on deck Nozrum finally approached her and asked what was on the young woman's mind.

"Are there many evil dragons like Vortigern?"

To which Nozrum gave quite a surprising response: "Well, in that regard it wouldn't be wrong to compare them to humans. Dragons can be capable of doing the most selfless acts of heroism you can imagine, but they might just as easily be capable of carrying out the most heinous of crimes."

It made Ryuko ponder, her tail swishing lightly behind her. Was that one of the reasons her father had been hesitant to let her roam the realm of mortals? After all, even if she was a half-blood, she had always felt a closer connection to the dragonic legacy of her father compared to the divinity of her mother.

But to hear that dragons were capable of such evil. That actually reminded her of something that had been making her curious: "How exactly did you come to know about the Dragon League war?" The question made Nozrum smile somberly, his gaze shifting at the distant sea. "Because I was there when it happened..."

WC: 400
Total WC: 1530/1600

#10Maple 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:37 am

Maple
It was either a really lucky situation that all of this was working out or something else always in some manner. But if anything these mission where always for good. Even if Maple was over all seeming a bit gloomy she was for the most part was actually fairly okay, This was just a normal cycle with her. But alas it did not matter of the magical forces in which Maple's life made her kind of alter in some odd way sometimes. At least some hints of normal Maple did linger around just needed to pay attention to when.

Meeting the fae does sound interesting to Maple, if ever asked if anything this was more about a Maple self interest. After all in her many years in the wood some people akin Maple some what to a fae, compared to being actually a half elf."How long is the ship travel?"Maple was curious after all she over all was use to ship travel by now, Maybe she could just sleep most of it away. That or Ryuko would end up passing the time in some manner. Over all it was just something to keep gauge of a timeline of a plan.

After learning it would be a few days, Maple over all had a feeling knew she could do a few things. Sleep a bit longer it all did matter weather or not how alone she was with Ryuko after all some alone time might have been required, But Maple over all was a bit more sleepy these times. Thus the boat travel would be some what typical and normal being around Ryuko and any one else on the boat crew. When it came to the talk of dragons it was a vague answer of seemingly yes and no.

But alas while Ryuko was learning more, Maple merely was just close by listening, not causing problems and if anything every once and a while yawns because well. Winter Maple was a bit sleepier compared to other ones. Like the slow feeling of winter being as it was at this time. But if and whenever Ryuko did check up on Maple she was happy and cuddling some what just a bit slower then normal. the power of being winter made her a bit almost groggy but more cuddly at the same time. in some manner a benefit too one.

WC:400

#11Ryuko 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:21 pm

Ryuko

Indeed, winter was a special type of season, one that might had appeared to be cold and unrelenting, but in her opinion it was also a season that strengthened bonds and kinship. After her conversation with Nozrum reached its conclusion, leaving the dragon girl to ponder the meaning of these words she decided to do the very thing she had been wanting to do the most: Check up on Maple.

Indeed, the fact that despite being tired and groggy from both the journey and the seasonal change, Maple still enjoyed the act of just cuddling close to one another was more than enough for Ryuko to forget the direness of the adventure they were about to embark onto. Just enjoying the warmth and companionship of the half-elf was more than enough for her, to the point that she had dozed off and was still slumbering in Maple's arms when the Captain called out from above deck. "Land in sight! We're arriving at Caelum!"

WC: 160

#12Maple 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:55 pm

Maple
Since it was going to be a fairly long boat trip and they ended their conversation in a fair amount of time Maple was not going to be too upset, The benefit was. Maple was more of an affection giver rather then a jealous affection sponge that needed attention all of the time. She could be left alone and be okay. With a minor risk of her going off on her own because of the call of nature and the woods. But it seemed at least Maple was pretty easy to keep happy.

But that was just normal over all to know and remember about Maple. One had a pretty simple life with her when they thought about it. She just wanted some time, Attention and to be herself. Anything else seemed to be a bit more optional then most.

When Ryuko eventually went and found Maple she seemed to be. Laying on whatever she found comfortable at the time and relaxing. The fun part of Winter Maple was if you left her places she was most likely not going to move right away unless needed. As she snuggled up to Maple. Maple merely just locked Ryuko in a full embrace and went to sleep quickly. Which most people would not consider that a bad thing.

But when their travel was done and Ryuko was trying to get out because they were close to land. Maple was still asleep and she was not moving or letting ago. But she was still alive. But now the problem of getting free from Maple was there, Did Ryuko free herself because they where close to shore? Or wait a bit longer to see if Maple would awaken?

WC:284

Total:2003

{exit}

#13Ryuko 

Chapter 1: The Dragon League War Empty Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:35 am

Ryuko

Ryuko had to admit that right now she had to make the most difficult choice in her life: While it was clear they were getting close to reaching the port of their destination, Maple was still asleep, and honestly considering how comfortable she was sleeping, Ryuko couldn't really get herself to wake up the half elf. Nay, instead she chose to enjoy the warmth of her embrace for a while longer, closing her eyes and letting her worries fade away, after which she heaved a gentle sigh. Unfortunately, despite the fact that the peace she was experiencing right now felt like an Utopia to her, it couldn't last forever, she had to go back to the reality of dealing with that dangerous cult. It was for that reason she started to gently shake Maple's shoulder. "Wakey~ Wakey~ My pillow goddess~ We have an adventure waiting for us, and I'm certain the Fae of Caelum won't wait forever on us~"

WC: 150
Topic exit~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum