Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:48 am

Ittindi
The thick fog permeated around the jungle, combined with the canopy all but blocking out the sun. That combined with the humidity, informed Ittindi’s decision to wear his uniform. Normally when on vacation he’d wear something stylish, but he didn’t feel like ruining any of his outfits. He had been invited to a party in one of the river towns. In his time in Santalicia he had met others who were vacationing there but from within the country. He couldn’t recall then name of the town he was headed too, just that they’d be having a celebration with something called a piñata. From what he gathered it would be a ceremony where one swung at a pretend animal with a stick. There were other rules as well, but it sounded a little silly to Ittindi.

As he crossed another clearing in the jungle he could finally make out a town on the shore of the Xochatl river. It wouldn’t be entirely fair to call it just a river, it was larger than any Ittindi had seen in his travels. There were one or two boats roaming around on the outskirts of the town as well. He’d find a road not far from the clearing he emerged from. Walking down the paved path, he couldn’t help but admire the clean lines of the architecture in their buildings. While the buildings themselves weren’t as clean as they could be, Ittindi attributed that to living close to water. It would cause deposits of minerals, along with a slew of other problems with the weather. He could see spots where paint needed to be applied, in between the stucco, and whatever other material they used for the homes.

As he entered the town, Ittindi could see that the festival he was invited too was taking place in the town square. Walking towards the town square, Ittindi laughed when a woman with a stand called out towards him. Looking over he could see that she had an assortment of drinks that she was selling, and she was making hand signals at him. Ittindi understood, he didn’t mind spending a little on a town’s economy buying a large drink of some kind alcohol mixed with lots of pineapples in it. Taking a sip from the straw, it was deliciously sweet. He even smirked from its sweetness waving at the lady as he continued towards the square drink in hand.

#2Decebal 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:04 am

Decebal
He was not sure how he ended up here. He heard that there was a strange activity in Stella and went to investigate it himself. The fact that it was dark pretty much confirmed it for him. As he explored the land, he needed to find some folk willing to speak to him. Preferably in Fiorian as that was his only language of choice although it was lucky that Stellan was very similar. Although for the life of him he couldnt pronounce some words

Like the name of the river that he arrived to. Yes he saw the signs, maps and directions. But damn him if he can say the name for life of him. He looked onward as he saw a festival and approached to see what was happening.
He scratched his head as he ddint know what exactly he was looking at. But hey, there were drinks which means things are great

#3Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:12 am

Ittindi
As Ittindi continued down what he assumed was the city’s main road he saw that there were other tourists here as well. Their pale skin sticking out amongst the sea of tan to brown moving towards downtown.  Ittindi wondered if it’d be rude to approach the man, he knew that he wouldn’t mind. However, some people probably came to this country to get away from Fiore, not be reminded of it at every turn. It was in that spirit that Ittindi would walk by the man, they were most going to the same place. So maybe there Ittindi would find an excuse to talk to the other foreigner, he hoped they were from Fiore or spoke the language.

He'd continue to sip his drink, that was when another villager stopped Ittindi. They didn’t speak the language, but they were trying to sell him some kind of necklace. Ittindi wasn’t surprised, this was the first real salesman scammer that he had ran into. Ittindi had been warned about these kind of vendors by the Rune Knights when he had requisitioned his vacation. He knew that the best thing to do was ignore him, at least that’s what they taught.

So imagine Ittindi’s surprise as he looked around and soon saw 4 different vendors all trying to put different trinkets into his hand. He’d keep his white gloved hands in his pockets as he tried to ignore his miniature crowd of salesman.

#4Decebal 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:08 am

Decebal
He would look around the festival and hum a medley from his guilds drinking song. But he would notice as he was looking around that a man was being hogged by various vendors trying to shill him stuff. He wanted to see what was going on. But as he would close in on them with his heavy footsteps and his general intimidating nature, he ended up scaring off the vendors, which made him shake his head

So he looked at the Rune Knight and spoke to him "You. What were they trying to do?" he spoke in fiorian, he didnt know if the man was fiorian or stellan. To be honest in both cases he would've spoken fiorian. He didnt know stellan. Just fiorian and funnily enough he knew archaic fiorian which is kind of a dead language or rather it evolved to modern fiorian. But he figured fiorian all together was close sounding to stellan. They just tended to put more s's in their language

#5Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:51 pm

Ittindi
As the infestation of salesman continued to swarm Ittindi until they started to flee from the entrance of another. It was the pale skin man his intimidating demeanor had scared away the vendors. Ittindi’s tongue might have done the job if they had calmed down, but he’d look over at the man about to give thanks when he asked him a question. While he talked at the man his tongue’s ankh symbol would be obvious for Decebal to see.

”I think they were attempting to sell me some trinkets. I’m afraid I don’t have a partner to buy anything for.  Thank you so much for the assistance, are you here for the piñata as well? I’m Ittindi, Ittindi Amali.”

Ittindi was glad that the man spoke Fioran, he had worried that they might not be able to speak to each other. Ittindi didn’t spy a guild emblem visible on the man from this angle. He wondered if he belonged to any or if he was an unaffiliated adventurer, it’d be hard to ask such a question. When there wasn’t a guild emblem obvious, Ittindi couldn’t even be sure they weren’t merchants. Especially with a demeanor as intimidating as this man, he might not have needed to press further then that his whole life. One thing was for sure Ittindi was interesting.

#6Decebal 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:16 am

Decebal
The daemon would quickly realize this was a Rune Knight, the goody two shoes authority buzzkills.
"Pinata? No I am not, but I might as well be." he was merely exploring this land. Soon the Rune Knight would introduce themselves "My name is Decebal, of Guardia Compagnia" he introduced himself back and gave him his guild name as well. Surname meant nothing to him because he had no family to speak of.

Coincidentally the Rune Knight was wondering what Decebals guild was and now he had an answer. That it was one of the newer guilds that was made just before the Akudama Syndicate. But unlike Akudama, it hasnt still picked up steam when it came to members. Numbers wise perhaps it was one of the smallest guilds. Maybe because it is located at the west where the rest of Fiore got used to there only being dark guilds. So a neutral one would be a novelty to them

#7Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:18 pm

Ittindi
Ittindi smirked at Decebal’s joke about being a piñata, he wondered if he saw himself as an animal or someone strung up by the crowd and beaten mercilessly. Without knowing him better, Ittindi would keep his stoic expression, as he continued to listen to Decebal talk. He was from a smaller guild, one that Ittindi had heard of, but hadn’t met any members from until this moment. Ittindi hoped that as he advanced through the Rune Knights he’d have time to meet with different legal guild members from around the world.

”Well Decebal its nice to meet you. You’re the first I’ve met from Guardia Compagnia, I’ll have to go visit your guild hall sometime. Do you like your guild?”

It was a simple enough question, Ittindi didn’t know Decebal at all, so he figured he would start with an icebreaker question. Hopefully, it didn’t come out as awkwardly as Ittindi felt making the statement. He needed to work on his small talk with mages. With the average citizen it was so easy, but with mages they were always so unordinary.

The sound of the festival carried on in the background, the merchants had walked away from Ittindi and Decebal. Their figures created an oasis of emptiness around them, the crowds continued to swarm but seemed to be avoiding the two. Ittindi wondered if it was more from Decebal’s intimidating figure, or if they were just noticing his insignia designating him as an officer of the law. Either way, he’d start walking towards the festivities again once Decebal had answered his question.

#8Decebal 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:35 pm

Decebal
Neutral guilds are not approved by the Magic Council, however, they are close to being considered a criminal organization. They must live within a fine margin of society to avoid turning into a Dark Guild. They are capable of taking all kinds of quests, good like the legal guilds, but also bad ones like a dark guild.
While he was aware this was a Rune Knight, the matter of fact was that they were both not at Fiore. Technically the Rune Knight had no authority over him. Besides, no one was stirring trouble, all they wished to do was relax.

"I do. It is a good place. I am still getting used to some things, but I'll get over it" those things being the fact that he has to do good and help people as his Guild Master told him he had to quell his whole evil daemonic shtick of killing and maiming; and actually be a decent and helpful citizen. Decebal used to be in a dark guild, granted he joined a dark guild before as per orders to learn how it is being led and what are its leaders qualities, but he came back where he belonged when the dark guild ceased to be.
He got so comfy doing evil that doing anything good seemed so foreign, he wondered if he would ever get used to it.

"What would you do by visiting a foreign guild. I dont understand. If you do not wish to request a quest nor join a guild, then why does one wish to go to a guild hall? I never considered guild halls to be sightseeingy" he asked the man

#9Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:09 pm

Ittindi
Ittindi would start walking while he thought of an answer to Decebel’s question, there were after all a lot of different things that he got out of visiting a guild hall. It wouldn’t do to rant to a man he just met, at least not in public maybe in a bar with a couple drinks.

”Well, Sir Decebel I think the main reason I like to visit other guild halls is too get a real feel of their guild culture. People can speak about it, but to truly get to know a guild and its members you must understand where they live.”

Ittindi would keep his answer short and simple, there were plenty of other reasons but at the heart of it was understanding. That was one of the brightest sides of the Rune Knights, since they were a military organization they had standards on cleanliness. It did hurt the understanding part of a culture, but Ittindi enjoyed the cleaning enough to forgive it. It was a bit sad to see so many turned off the cleaning arts due to being forced in the barracks. Ittindi had taken to his room immediately, and even stopped being inspected after they had a couple sergeants try to find dirt. Instead, they randomly called on him to help clean stains that no one else could, it was something that he finally felt true appreciation from his coworkers for….the sound of slurping interrupted Ittindi’s thoughts.

It seemed that his drink had gone dry while they walked and talked, the sound of his straw mixing with emptiness made Ittindi audibly sigh. He’d look around to see if there were any more drink stands closer to the festivities. He didn’t see any in immediate sight and looked over at Decebel thinking of another question much more important to their current situation.

”Hey Sir Decebel do you see any drink stands around, I’m afraid mine has run out. They’re quite delicious if you like fruit and alcohol you’ll love this drink.”

#10Decebal 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:35 am

Decebal
As he heard the man speak and voice his reasons, he would describe the vibe of his guild, since thats what he wanted
"Our guild hall and guild itself is more traditional. Historical medieval Fiore based. Our Guild Master wishes to remember his roots. Thinking many guilds just focus on the present and the future, without anyone nourishing the past and tradition of a certain teamwork and camraderie. Even our guilds name is the only one that uses archaic fiorian words." he would explain to the Rune Knight
Their guild hall had a medieval castle vibe, even though it was too small and humble to be a castle. But the interior had a lot of character and spirit of the old ways. Even the guild master is in full clad armour reminiscent of a knight. Not a rune knight, just a knight. Hell, even Decebal himself had an outfit thats reminiscent of old medieval executioners that would behead you with a guillotine or an axe. Every aspect of the guild was to honour the past whether it be the good and the bad which should not be forgotten. And to be an inviting home to nourish the future. It had a noble goal. But it did not resonate with a lot of people.

The man than asked if he saw any drinks, but the man replied "I have not. But I am willing to join you in drinking"

#11Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:29 am

Ittindi
Ittindi would listen to Decebal talk about his guild, it was an interesting description. He could fully understand the need to honor one’s roots with various ceremonies and rituals. Why not have a guild dedicated to it all, Ittindi wondered what kind of guild master would have that vision. He’d mark it in his mind for when he was a higher rank in the Rune Knights. He did plan on meeting all the guild masters eventually, even the dark guild ones. Though he needed to be a lot stronger before he reached that point. While he knew a decent amount about the current political landscape of Fiore he didn’t know much about its history. He wondered when they stopped using archaic Fioran, this Guild Master sounded like someone descended from nobility. That also made Ittindi rethink Decebal’s outfit, before he had just assumed it was a fashion statement. Now it was possible that this man was the ancient guilds honored executioner, he couldn’t imagine such a heavy load. Either way Ittindi couldn’t really ask it wasn’t a question one brought up the first-time meeting someone.

”Wow, I can appreciate the rituals and honoring traditions of old. When I vacation that’s my favorite part, learning the arts of butlery of other nations along with the history of their cleaning devices. Not quite as exciting as your guild I suppose.”

At Decebal’s words Ittindi would have a magic seal appear underneath him as he used his magic to pop him up in the air a couple meters. He’d spot his target, a drink stand, the line was decently long. Further up ahead Ittindi could see the set up for a piñata he’d hit it for sure this time. At least he hoped he would. As he hit the ground he’d motion Decebal to follow him as he moved towards the drink stand. Getting into the line he’d sigh wondering how long it’d take to get a drink.

#12Decebal 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:48 am

Decebal
He tilted his head to the side, mildly confused "I do not understand. Why would a Rune Knight wish to learn about butlery and cleaning? Is that not what the lowest rank does?" he really was confused and wasnt even sure how to ask the question. Should a Rune Knight focus on strength and power. Not cleaning lady duty? The human perplexed him. He was not sure if this species is defunct or something.

The man later used his magic to get a better vantage point to see their surroundings. Upon spotting something, he'd arrive down and motion for him to follow, which the daemon curiously and quietly did. Eventually the two would arrive at a long line. So the daemon asked "What is at the end of this line?" it seemed quite long and he wasnt sure what the man saw. He would at least like to know

#13Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:05 pm

Ittindi
“Ah, Sir Decebal that’s a great question. I’m not like the average Rune Knight you see I aim to become the world’s greatest butler. There’s nothing shameful about cleaning or service I think its a good thing to want to service others. Even when I’m a Major in the Rune Knights you’ll always see me cleaning.”

Ittindi was being truthful, there were many who thought the same as Decebal. That cleaning was a punishment, when the higher ups were trying to reduce injury and sickness. The affects of a clean-living space are immeasurable, if only people put more weight into it. Just another lesson Ittindi strives to teach others in his eternal quest. Not to mention how disgusting dirty people were, Ittindi had learned to cope with them just like the occasional abusive master. It was the only thing he couldn’t fix, or else he’d be a tyrant, the thought occurred to him constantly. Maybe he could create a clean estate or neighborhood for like-minded individuals.

As they waited in the line that seemed to never end, Decebal would ask what they’re waiting for. Ittindi would look over at his new acquaintance answering casually.

”This is the line for some drinks Sir Decebal. With how long it is I might order a drink for the road as well, it must be quite tasty.”

So far in his time in Stella the drinks and food had been amazing. Ittindi never had seen fruit used so effectively, especially citrus the twang of its flavor paired well with the dishes. Stella was high on his list of foreign countries, it ranked higher than his time in Joya. He’d have to go visit there again in less trying circumstances, that might change his opinion on Joya as well.  Up ahead in their line there was some kind of fight breaking out. While Ittindi could technically do something as this country was a part of the Magic Council, he was on vacation and didn’t see any immediate harm coming from some people letting steam off. He’d occasionally glance over to make sure nothing to serious was happening. So far it was just two drunken men shouting at eachother.

#14Decebal 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:37 pm

Decebal
"I see. I mean your goals are that. But why join the Rune Knights. They are like the law enforcement of magic and guilds. And you wish to be essentially a nomad janitor, searching for some fabled lore of cleanliness and butlery. Like... an enchanted broom or mop" he still didnt understand. How did the service of Rune Knights help him improve his butlery self "Also. If you do become the best butler or wish to become the best. Is there anyone in particular you wish to serve or do you serve someone already and hence why you became a Rune Knight"
It was something that happened to Decebal. He briefly joined the dark guild Eternal Nightmare at his guild masters behest. He was to learn how a dark guild operates, what is the guild master like. He worked for a faction, but had an agenda outside of it. He wondered if this Rune Knight was the same then.

As they walked they would arrive at the line and the daemon would ask what this line was for exactly. As Ittindi replied, the daemon would curiously look at the man for a moment, not speaking, but observing him. No one really called him a Sir before. "Surely it must be" he finally replied to his statement.
Lately a lot of things were different. He never interacted with humans for an extended period of time. Usually he'd just bring mayhem and death. He never got to know humans any deeper than weak meatbags who spoke help help.
So this was a new experience. He got called a Sir. Given an honorific title. How does one react to that. It was curious indeed

#15Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:43 pm

Ittindi
It was very hard for Ittindi not to laugh at Decebels questions. It wasn’t often that he was asked so earnestly questions about his passion, often they were just used as an excuse to insult him. He hadn’t had someone ask so much about himself since his Young Master. Perhaps he sought to understand someone similar to Ittindi, it wasn’t that uncommon. He’d look at Decebal trying his best to answer all his questions.

”Well, the Rune Knights travel around enforcing the legal systems of societies and while they’re not perfect they’re the cornerstone of civilization. I figure I can help people with their issues legally speaking, and then in my off time help them mentally with cleaning. I don’t currently have a steady Master, just doing freelance work. In the future it depends on how my prospects are looking, better to have more than one master in mind right?  There’s also this concept I heard a long time ago Mr. Decebel. It goes something like this to have the best sleep you have to exhaust oneself physically and mentally. Cleaning is my mental exhaustion, and my duties as a Rune Knight are my physical and give rise to need to train my physical even on my off days.”

Ittindi hoped he had answered Decebel’s questions but if he hadn’t he was sure the man would ask more. It was different but refreshing to have someone so interested in him. He again wondered if there was someone maybe a love interest that was in the cleaning services. Ittindi wondered how he’d get Decebal to talk about himself. Sometimes all it took was a drink, the line had been slowly moving but they were still a distance away from the front. Ittindi planned on buying them both drinks, he still couldn’t tell Decebel’s attitude towards law enforcement. Ittindi had to admit he didn’t act like typical law enforcement that could be the problem as well. He still believed the same things as the rest of the Rune Knights, his execution was just different. What was wrong with that?

#16Decebal 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:06 am

Decebal
The human looked entertained by the questions. The daemon wondered if the human was enjoying this? Indeed humans were a confusing race. But nevertheless he tried to hear him out and understand these odd goals. So from what he understood, the man wants to clean the world of crime and filth. Kind of like 'i came to kick ass and clean your room' vibe. As for having a Lord to serve, he didnt have anyone, just being a freelancer of cleanliness.

Decebal could've made an offer or a recomondation for someone, but considering the Rune Knight said he might visit his guild, he felt he didnt need to do that. The daemon nodded when he mentioned an idiom or proverb. It was familiar to him, he doesnt quite remember it though. But the line and the sentiment was familiar "Ah, I think I see" as he finally grasped some understanding of it. The daemon was now looking into getting some drinks. He loved to relax with those

#17Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:58 pm

Ittindi
While they had talked the line had moved, they weren’t quite at the front yet, but he could clearly make out the drinks and cashier.  He had no doubt they’d be served, how much longer that was up to the gods. Ittindi would let the silence hang for a minute before breaking it with more questions for Decebel. He was still interested in learning more about him, for some reason Ittindi felt some kind of familiarity with Decebel. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it yet, it probably wouldn’t be until he had some rest or a shower that he could recall where the familiarity came from.

”So with how your guild is set up, do you have a favorite period or part of history? I don’t know if I’d have an answer off the top of my head.”

Ittindi didn’t history of the world was subpar maybe average on a good day. He was more of research for his current situation kind of guy. Especially with his entrance into the Rune Knight with their large swaths of libraries, and even more if Ittindi ever ascended high enough in ranks to go to the flying base. Ittindi wasn’t even sure of his family’s history being one of the youngest members of the family guaranteed him no meaningful inheritance. He had asked two people about their love, family and such he stopped to wonder about it for himself. Would he want to establish a family, and if he did would he want the same name, or to take a new one? Things Ittindi would be able to bat away for now, but if he ever met someone he started to develop feelings for, they’d resurface.

Ittindi could smell the sweetness of the syrup or whatever thick liquid they used to enhance the alcohol in the air. They were so close, and Ittindi had started to work up an awful sweat just sitting in the line, that was one of the few downsides to the country. No matter what he did if he was outside there was a high chance he’d end up sweating. He wondered how hot Decebal was in his outfit, it seemed to be thicker and have less breathability.

#18Decebal 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:14 am

Decebal
As the line moved, the two had conversed, the Rune Knight would ask him if he had a favourite historical period "I dont know. Perhaps the middle ages if I must choose" he answered purely to give an answer even though he didnt have a clear cut answer if he was honest. Now what he cared about was getting the drink. Although he had to admit this human was a fascinating specimen.
"Do you have any other questions on your mind?" he would ask him back, as before Decebal was the one with questions, while the Rune Knight was the one with the answers. This time he allowed the man to ask him whatever was on his mind. But the daemon also knew that soon enough it would be their turn to get some drinks.
Stella seemed a decent country, but not his type personally. He prefered Fiore, there was no place like home

#19Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:25 pm

Ittindi
“Any other questions…Hmm, Wine? Liquor? Ale? Which is your favorite? I’m very partial to these fruity cocktails I’ve been having here. I have no idea what kind of alcohol it is but it is tasty!”

Ittindi’s patient had been rewarded as they approached the front, he could see it now. A large goblet, one capable of housing one maybe two fish was filled to the brim with a certain red liquid. Ittindi had been to a couple of drink stands, but this by far had to be the first to serve such large portions. All the sudden the line made a lot more sense, as Ittindi went forward ordering himself two goblets of sangria. Tipping her well, Ittindi would motion for her to put straws in for him. He’d accomplish a little strength training warm up before the real event. The piñata festival was still going strong, as Ittindi would wait for Decebal to get his drink before moving towards the piñata.

By now the crowd’s fervor had risen to its climax, their were to many sounds to make out any one song. The rhythms all seemed to follow a similar scheme because Ittindi could feel his sweat falling to the beat. He’d sip his sangria, curious to how long it would take for them to reach the front of the ceremony. This time it’d happen; he could feel it. Looking across the street, Ittindi could see another family preparing to get to the piñata. The child smiling while shouting about what candies they’d eat, the brother doing the same excited for a chance at breaking the beast. At least that’s what Ittindi imagined they were saying, he couldn’t speak the language and tried not to stare long before looking around again.

Up ahead he could see the crowd start to condense into lanes, Ittindi wondered which was for the piñata. He’d look around at both lines trying to gauge the demographics, but they seemed to be roughly similar. As they were approaching the point of no return, Ittindi had to make a quick decision. He decided to go to the left, while ultimately it wouldn’t matter, since both lead to a piñata, just different smashing areas. As they inched closer Ittindi could also hear the bat making contact, and assumedly whooshing through the air. He’d become excited, his feet started to tap a little to the beat, as he continued to sip on some sangria.

#20Decebal 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:16 am

Decebal
"I like wine" it was simple and traditional so once it was his turn, he'd collect his drink. Otherwise he would then follow the observant Ittindi who saw something. The Daemon mostly tuned out and sipped his wine, human matters and rituals didnt impress him or interest him much. A bunch of childish children stuff.

He noticed that the two of them would near closer to the pinata action and from what he sees it looked like the Rune Knight was getting excited of the prospect to take part in this ritual. Decebal wasnt amused as he wasnt really all that interested in it. He was just happy he had the drink. He looked at Ittindi and would ask him "Do you wish to partake in their rituals even if you do not speak their language?" it was odd to wish to join other peoples customs, but hey if it made the Rune Knight happy

#21Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:16 pm

Ittindi
Wine, that was a typical answer among the nobility. Decebal didn’t strike Ittindi as one, so it piqued his curiosity he wondered if the man enjoyed vintage wines or just enjoyed the variety of flavors. Ittindi had become more accustomed to wine, mostly due to the leftover bottles that the staff would be able to partake in after the celebrations. He had tasted wines that totaled his life savings, sometimes more. A different time and life, Ittindi would probably be able to afford the fancier's wines now, not quite as vintage. He could still afford a small manor with what he had managed to save, that wasn't his plan at the moment, but the other day the thought of a butler academy in Era did appeal to him.

As they both sipped their drinks moving around the festival, they had reached Ittindi's destination. He could barely contain his excitement as the kids in front of him smiled and laughed seeing his eagerness. One pointed towards the stand with the blindfolds, as Decebel turned to Ittindi and asked him a simple enough question.

”Trust me Sir Decebel, language is one of the weakest way of communication, especially when most won't speak their true motives or worse obfuscate them. Laughter, love, hate, rage…they do not require a language and I want to absorb it all especially when on vacation. I'll have to go back soon, then its just business as usual. Though I dare say, I have met so many interesting people on this vacation, I hope t he next country I visit holds up as well.”

Ittindi would finish up his statement and start to move towards the blindfolds. That was when he realized that a decent amount of children were trailing behind him. They were absorbed with the idea of a foreigner engaging in their ceremony. As Ittindi went to the blindfold stand, the old man about 5 foot 4 hunched over with a wrinkled tan face would greet him an a language he couldn't understand. Ittindi would smile pointing at the blindfold and pointing to his purse to ascertain the price.  The old man would hand Ittindi a blindfold wand wave his hand signifying it was fine. Ittindi would smile and give a small bow, as he walked towards a group that seemed to be preparing the others for the piñata. He'd wait around in their small circle. It'd be a few minutes before he was called to be spun around in a couple circles to swing at the piñata.

#22Decebal 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:06 am

Decebal
He nodded "That is true, emotion can universally be translated. I suppose you got me there" he said as he finished his drink relatively quick

Ittindi would finish up his talk and start to move towards the blindfolds. Decebal would meanwhile watch him with curiousity. That was when they realized that a decent amount of children were trailing behind Ittindi. It seems they were absorbed with the idea of a foreigner engaging in their activity. Decebal had to admit it was an entertaining sight to see. An adult Rune Knight butler with stellan kids. Perhaps he should try to relax and let humanity be? He didnt know. Anywho, as Ittindi went to the blindfold stand, an old man would greet him an a language they couldn't understand, Decebal would assume it was Stellan. Meanwhile Ittindi would smile pointing at the blindfold and pointing to his purse to ascertain the price. The old man would hand Ittindi a blindfold wand wave his hand signifying it was fine. Ittindi would smile and give a small bow, as he walked towards a group that seemed to be preparing the others for the piñata. Decebal would watch amused "You can do it, Rune Knight" he spoke to him

#23Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:23 am

Ittindi
He'd nod to Decebel as he received words of encouragement from him. It reminded him of the last time he attempted this festival. He walked up to another man who smiled at him, their were still a couple children oohing and ahhing at Ittindi in the background. The man would walk around to Ittindi's back before helping him put the bandana over his eyes. Then he would start to turn Ittindi in circles, and after 10 maybe 20 Ittindi was having a hard time conceptualizing how many times he was spun. Either way he was feeling disoriented from the lack of sight and the dizziness. That was when the man behind him would hand him a stick and walk him in a towards the piñata at least that's what Ittindi hoped he was being lead towards.

It seemed that he was correct as he was handed a stick, before Ittindi would start the man would put his stick on the piñata to give him some idea of where he should aim. Though Ittindi also knew that the man with the rope for the piñata would move it randomly to make the swings harder. Last time the man he went against made it near impossible to hit, but Ittindi had seen multiple piñatas taken down in this one. He hoped that they had enough left over that he wouldn't be taken advantage of.  

The whoosh of air echoed across the immediate area as Ittindi went for his first swing. It didn’t discourage him and the laughter from the surrounding crowd and children didn’t seem as harsh as last time. He’d go for his second and make purchase a loud crack echoed across he spaces as he heard children yelling and rushing. Scared that he had somehow been mixed up in his dizziness and hit a person, Ittindi would slip up his blindfold to see that the pinata was hemorrhaging candy. The man pulling the piñata was laughing while still raising it in the air creating a shower of candy. Ittindi would see one of the smaller children getting pushed out of grabbing any candy. He’d shoot some string out creating a  light then let it drop after collecting a decent amount of candy. Wrapping it up in a bag he’d walk up to the child and hand it to him with a big smile.

The child would give Ittindi a big hug, then make signals that he wanted to be picked up. So he’d rest the child’s butt on his right forearm as he bounced a little humming a butler tune he picked up his humming was a 5-6/10 at best.  He’d walk back over to Decebal child still resting on him giggling while going through the bag of candy.

”Well that was much more entertaining then last time. I even bagged a child.”

Ittindi was of course joking, and his tone showed as much with his last sentence. He did have a great time though he wondered if Decebal would be interested in it now that he had broken a piñata open.

#24Decebal 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:44 am

Decebal
He watched the butler perform the pinata ritual, being spun and then hitting the thing wide open so candy may pour out. He'd see children swarm the scene picking up candy like the little gluttons that they are. One even approached the Rune Knight butler, wanting to be picked up. Which the man would oblidge the childs wish and do so. Decebal didnt get it, but it wasnt his business.

The butler then jokingly said that he even nabbed a child "Ah yes, I can see that" he replied, looking away from the child and trying to focus on Ittindi himself, for her knew that if he and the child locked eyes, he'd just wanna scare the kid and make it cry. Thats what entertained him, but he knew that this man would not approve of it, so he did his best to oblidge and play by his rules

#25Ittindi 

Señor Piñata (Decebal/Event Quest) Empty Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:25 pm

Ittindi
Ittindi was having a great time, that was until disaster struck. The kid would sneeze on the top of his head, now Ittindi knew how to keep his cool. He’d wait until the kid was interested in greener pastures, quickly squatting down so they could get off his shoulder. They’d smile some more and take their candy back to the group cheering. Ittindi would take out a handkerchief from inside his coat pocket trying to wipe the grossness of the top of his head. Hopefully he didn’t look perturbed but inside his thoughts were racing at the gross feeling on the top of his head. He peer over at Decebel, slightly deflated.

”Well, children can be…messy sometimes. Sir Decebel if you weren’t interested at all in participating want to get another drink and call it a night?”

Ittindi didn’t mind drinking the night away with a partial stranger, he had done it so many nights. Whether or not Decebal was interested Ittindi planned on finding a bar to sit down at for the rest of the festival. He’d start wandering around until he found a quaint enough place, the more hole in the wall the cheaper the drinks. Though he did risk more of a chance of confrontation, something Ittindi preferred not to encounter outside the country.

~Exit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum