Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Mine Is Mine [S-Rank]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

What's Mine Is Mine [S-Rank]    Empty Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:29 pm

Ryuko

It was not that often that Esperia took on a job she would consider a 'mercenary' type of job. In all honesty, in the past, she would have never considered it. Esperia was someone who had always worked for the sake of others, but now those days were over. Her desire was no longer helping people for the sake of being helpful, she wanted knowledge, obtain all the knowledge there was to obtain, and so the white-haired mage had decided to accept this particular request.

The Dawncliff mine had always been a place of fascination for the people in the Sieghart Mountains, miners who often were employed by the rich and influential to mine all the rare minerals the mine had to offer. Esperia took little interest in those material schemes, but when she learned about a request that involved investigating an unexplored section of the mine for its value Esperia was surprisingly willing to accept the task.

Having spent some time discussing the finer details with the wealthy merchant in terms of the location, having even received a map that recorded the whereabouts of the mine. Esperia soon made her way along the mountain, her staff held close to her as she pondered about what she should do next. According to her knowledge of the surrounding area, she would be making a path deeper into the mountains and reach the tunnel that would lead her deeper into the mine.

A momentary pause lingered as she stopped in front of the mine, wondering what she would find within the mine. In all honesty? She was excited to discover what might have been hiding inside the mine, perhaps something fascinating would be lurking in the depths of the mine, yet for the time being, she would have had to start venturing into the darkness, the staff glowing eerie, and proceeded to enter the mine.

313 WC

Last edited by Esperia on Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2Ryuko 

What's Mine Is Mine [S-Rank]    Empty Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:39 pm

Ryuko

Once she started wandering into the tunnel Esperia first noticed the mine was surprisingly well-maintained, a sight that was at least reassuring for her, since if the mine had been badly maintained she would have had the risk of the entire mine collapse on top of her! She might have obtained the knowledge of the world itself, yet that didn't mean she'd survive an entire mine collapsing down onto her! The thought alone was already terrifying to say the least.

Once she started reaching the end of the entrance leading into the mine, Esperia soon saw herself arriving in a spacious clearing where the young woman encountered her first threat. "Yuck... rats, why did it have to be rats?" Esperia muttered under her breath, watching how three large rats were scittering through the room. Fortunately they had not seen her yet, which gave Esperia the advantage of the element of surprise. With a light tap of her staff on the ground, a pair of fireballs started to swirl around her and lunged straight toward the rat, the projectiles hitting the critter and sending it reeling to the side, a high-pitched cry escaping from the creature and a moment later the two rats turned toward Esperia.

Taking a deep breath, not exactly looking forward to the idea of a close encounter with the rats! The first one rapidly dashed toward her, claws raised high as Esperia was fortunate enough to sweep her staff to intercept the attack, the blow, unfortunately, making her reel back slightly as Esperia swung the staff downwards onto the rat's skull, knocking it unconscious but with the third rat Esperia saw that the third rat was already reaching out to her, its jaws opening, but fortunately Esperia was just fast enough to have her right eye changing in appearance, the air twisting and distorting as it started to suck the rat into a vortex,  causing it to disappear into the Kamui dimension.

WC: 325

#3Ryuko 

What's Mine Is Mine [S-Rank]    Empty Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:50 pm

Ryuko

Esperia's lips curved up into a brief smile, pondering about what to do next. The rats were gone, which made Esperia feel a bit better already fortunately enough. Nonetheless, even if she was looking around it was difficult to say where she should go next. Still, she did have the map the wealthy merchant had given her, unfurling the map in her hands as she looked up. It seemed she would have to go north next, this tunnel up ahead would lead her deeper into the mine, and as she started to furl up the map and placed it back in her pouch and resumed her walk. Slowly but steadily she trudged deeper into the mine, warily keeping her eyes open in case there would be any more rats appearing!

Deeper she ventured, through the tunnel as she could hear several voices from deeper within the mine. She couldn't hear them that well from here just yet, but walking into the room it seemed that Esperia would soon encounter her next encounter.

Three miners were talking with one another, clearly  working on figuring out about the area they were excavating at. "Shh, we got someone here" one of the miners whispered, suddenly hushing his companions as he wanted to silence whatever topic they were talking about.

Esperia's eyes softened, seeing how they the world's knowledge was telling her so much stuff: their names, their past, even that they had just found a sealed stone gate further within the mine but weren't able to open it. Esperia's lips curved up into a smile, for it was just the type of knowledge she longed to hear about.

"Sorry missus, this area is off-limits." The warning made Esperia shake her head lightly in denial to the statement. "I'm afraid I won't be able to turn back good sir."

WC: 305

#4Ryuko 

What's Mine Is Mine [S-Rank]    Empty Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:19 pm

Ryuko

Esperia's refusal to leave the area seemingly bewildered the three miners who had hoped to keep the discovery of the area they had uncovered a secret between the three of them. The one who had addressed her earlier seemingly hoped to convince her, speaking in a tone that clearly sounded forced in friendliness. "The area is quite dangerous, giant rats, risks of cave-ins, lots of danger up ahead."

Of course it had been an attempt to persuade her to retreat, but Esperia knew better. Giant rats she had already dealt with, and the cave-ins seemed like a plausible excuse, but her greed for knowledge made her willing to take that risk. "I thank you for your concern sir, but I'm afraid I'll have to go further."

As she took a step forward one of the men blocked her path, shaking his head lightly at her. "You better listen to him, wouldn't want to force you out of the mine ourselves." Yet as the man reached with a hand threatingly toward her Esperia lightly tapped the bottom of her staff, feeling how the air in front of her started to twist and distort and the man himself was being sucked into the vortex that soon brought him into the Kamui.

"W-What did you do?!" One of the miners asked in a mixture of disbelief and fear, grabbing a hold of his pickaxe while the other scurried backwards. "A witch! she used witchcraft to make him disappear!"

But Esperia merely smiled as she corrected them. "What is witchcraft, other than just another term to use for magic? But you aren't entirely wrong~ You may call me: Esperia, the Witch of Greed. Now, will you let me continue onward, or will I have to use force to make my way through?" The answer seemed clear to her already, but it never hurt to ask.

WC: 311

#5Ryuko 

What's Mine Is Mine [S-Rank]    Empty Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:04 pm

Ryuko

Unfortunately, and as expected the miners seemed quite unwilling to cooperate. Not that she blamed them after she had caused one of their friends to disappear, but still, the thought of the miner trying to whack her with his pickaxe was an unpleasant thought, to the point she tapped her staff on the floor, a swift gesture that made the miner's pickaxe disappear in a similar fashion to how his friend had disappeared earlier. Of course the motion made him stumble, and before he could regain his balance Esperia raised her staff, a swift whack of her staff being all she needed to hit the miner on the back of his head and knock him out.

Still, the remaining miner was still there to deal with, the display of magic clearly having intimidated him. In all honesty, she would have preferred to just continue onward and ignore him, and so she reached out into the Kamui dimension, a vortex opening above the man as it made the guy she had pulled in earlier be pulled out again and fall on top of his buddy.

The collision made both collapse on the ground, a smile lingering on Esperia's lips as she started to walk along the path leading deeper into the mine. She had dealt with enough distractions for now and would prefer to just finish her job, but something about the knowledge she had obtained earlier fascinated her. Those men had found a ancient door of sorts inside the depths of the miner earlier and clearly weren't able to force it open with brute force alone.

What was it that was hidden behind the door? Considering that it was in the very same area she was asked to investigate, Esperia saw a perfect opportunity to do both her job and make sure she had the chance to investigate that door.

WC: 310

Last edited by Esperia on Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6Ryuko 

What's Mine Is Mine [S-Rank]    Empty Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:13 pm

Ryuko

With the miners dealt with Esperia continued deeper into the mine, using the purple glow from her staff as a torch to illuminate the area. It took her only a short walk till she reached the area the wealthy merchant had asked of her to investigate and already Esperia started to understand why exactly the man had been so interested in that particular part of the mine.

She wasn't a miner or anything, but just glancing at the walls easily revealed the various ores that were waiting to be dug up, some of them looking larger, sturdier or more beautiful than the ones she had seen earlier while traveling through the other sections of the mine. No, it was evident that Esperia had arrived at a unexcavated part of the mine that contained a lot of untapped potential.

This knowledge would be all that the wealthy merchant would have desired of her, which meant her job was done and it was now time for her to do what she wanted to do: uncover more about that sealed door the miners were talking about before.

Venturing deeper into the new area Esperia started to notice that the mine changed in aesthics. The ground started to look cleaner and more even, pillars rose up to the ceiling to support a structure of sorts, and at the far back of the spacious room she saw something interesting.

A large stone door, at least from the first look of it one might had assumed it was a door was at the far end of the room. The walls next to it contained something akin to a mural, drawings and symbols being engraved on it, and already Esperia started to feel both curious and intruiged by it. What knowledge was hidden inside this place? What wisdom awaited her? She wanted to know, and she would be the first to discover it!

WC: 316

Last edited by Esperia on Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

#7Ryuko 

What's Mine Is Mine [S-Rank]    Empty Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:21 pm

Ryuko

The first thing Esperia discovered upon investigating the door was the first there seemed to be no sign of a way to open it. No keyhole, no handle to push at, it seemed a bit peculiar to her. Even if she tried to push lightly against it, the 'door' wouldn't budge at all.

The second thing she noticed was that in the center of the 'door' that there seemed to be a large beautiful crystal embed into the door itself, something which made Esperia even more curious. Was the crystal a mere decoration, or was it something else? She could feel tiny traces of mana inside the crystal, but aside from that little told her about the purpose of the object.

Deciding for now that the door had little to her to offer in terms of clue Esperia started to investigate the mural. It seemed to depict a story of sorts. She wasn't sure which one, or whether it was a myth or a tale from the past, but it seemed a man was worshipping something or someone, but the mural was too weathered for her to recognize who or what the entity that was being worshipped might had been.

However, the next thing she noticed, and this drew her attention much quicker was the fact she could somehow read the ancient glyphs and runes on the wall, making her mutter softly.

"Show us your spirit and the way will open?"

Esperia muttered under her breath, pondering idly what it might had meant. Looking at the rest of the mural she couldn't find any significant details that might had provided her with more insight into the message the runes left her.

Standing in front of the door Esperia raised a hand to her cheek, tapping it lightly with the palm of her hand as she pondered softly. "Spirit... Could it be talking about my spirit as a mage?"

WC: 318

Last edited by Esperia on Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

#8Ryuko 

What's Mine Is Mine [S-Rank]    Empty Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:28 pm

Ryuko

If one was to talk about the 'soul' the 'spirit' of a magician, then surely one would think about their mana right? Could that be why she had sensed some mana lingering inside the crystal? She didn't know for sure, but it certainly was worth a shot.

Standing in front of the door Esperia raised her staff high into the air, pointing it toward the crystal as she started to allow the mana to channel through her staff, and just as she had hoped, a tether seemed to form between the crystal and the staff!

Even as she had begun to fill the crystal, she noticed what the earlier misunderstanding had been. The door in front of her was in fact not a door, but a catalyst for a spell! Indeed, as the crystal came to be filled with mana she noticed runes forming underneath her, akin to a magical circle and the moment the crystal was filled Esperia felt her body being surrounded by a blinding light that once subdued made her notice that she was no longer inside the mine.

No, she seemed to be inside a chamber that appeared to be surprisingly well-maintained, the entrance to something important, something ancient.

However, just as Esperia was about to take a step forward she noticed she was not alone. In the darkness two pair of azure eyes lit up, and Esperia could feel a large amount of mana stirring from that direction.

"We need to get out of here Esperia" She heard Morrigan whisper, a sudden flash of purple light coming from her staff as Esperia noticed the same runes from before were starting to form underneath her, teleporting her straight back to where she was earlier.

"Why did you make us retreat Morrigan?" Esperia inquired, pondering about the reason for Morrigan's sudden interference. "It is not yet our time to go there, for now return to the town and report to the merchant."

WC: 325

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum