Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Quest - Ko,Steel] What's mine is mine.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Steel 

[Quest - Ko,Steel] What's mine is mine. Empty Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:59 pm

Steel

After a long time of travelling they stopped having reached the Sieghart mountains. They were still flying and Steel started to feel an ache in his lower pelvis area. He had after all been sitting on wyrm scales for what felt like a few days. He was pretty sure that at least one night had passed whilst they were in the sky because it had become dark. Right now it was also dark.

Steel needed to get down but he had not really understood how to fly yet. The wyvern however seemed to sense that Steel wanted down so it flew down and landed on one of the mountains. They had a weird connection to each other and it had only gotten stronger over the time they had travelled together. It was almost as if Steel understood what the wyvern meant and it was as if the wyvern understood Steel.

Even if they understood each other Steel had to make one thing clear tho. Sitting on wyvern scales for a longer time was not nice for his bum. He would have to get a saddle. A saddle for a wyvern. Getting one of those would probably be hard. Maybe he could get one from a local in Sieghart specially made for him. Steel guessed that was the only way for someone to get a wyvern saddle anyways.

He slowly made his way off the back of his newfound friend and stepped down on the nearby rocks. He had been wearing the vanguards armor for a long time now and his ligaments felt a bit inflamed and his joints had started locking up in an almost riding position. He was bleeding a bit from several places on his body where the skin had been strained due to the length of time in the wyvern riding position. His eyes felt strained due to the amount of air that had been hitting them and were therefore red. Some of the blood vessels had popped due to the wind strain and change in pressure. Something which was unusual in youths. He had dual subconjunctival hemorrhages. He had to sit down quickly when getting off the wyvern. Steel thought to himself “I am never flying for this long again without some sort of aid for this. His vision was very dim due to the blood and his eyes felt itchy due to the slow repairs his body was making.

The wyvern laid down on the ground. It seemed that the wyvern was also tired from the long trip. Steel stood up and started doffing his armor. Removing first his gauntlets then the couter and pauldrons, greaves, sabatons, fan-plate and poleyn, then the tasset, fould, vambraces, rerebraces and finally the plackart and breastplate. He could finally breathe normally. He stretched for a bit before placing a blanket on the ground and placing his armor on the blanket then wrapping the blanket up so as to protect the armor from any mountain winds or other creeps.

After that he noticed the wyvern sleeping soundly on the mountain so he laid to rest next to it huddling up for warmth. As he did that the wyvern decided to shelter him with one of its wings. He then slept for a while. While sleeping he dreamed. Steel dreamed that he was a small boy again. Sitting on a swing in a tree and swinging back and forth. He had fun. Which was kinda weird since he was a grown up but then again maybe the fact that Steel had had an abrupt end to his peaceful childhood had made him a bit childish on the inside taking pleasure in the simplest of things.

In a weird way though the dream changed towards the nightmarish side as Steel saw from the swing that the farm was on fire. Maybe it wasn’t a dream, maybe it was simply a memory from the past. Steel looked in horror at the blazing inferno. He ran towards it but as he got close he saw his father and his father screamed at him to run.

Steel turned around and started running for his life but as he got further and further away he wanted to turn back. He wanted to face the bandits and kill them. Maybe not even that but he wanted to tell his parents to run. He wanted to tell them he missed them. He wanted to tell them but all he could do as his body didn’t respond to him anymore was run crying into the woods. Deeper and deeper until darkness swallowed him he could hear voices tell him how worthless he was but then he screamed back at them and the dream ended. He woke up in a shock with a quiet scream.

In reality it hadn’t been more than a half hour since he fell asleep and now he wanted to sleep again but he was afraid that sleeping would give him the horrors again. He Steeled himself. A man such as him wasn’t afraid of anything, not even death. And so he huddled up again and fell asleep.

When Steel woke up the next time he no longer had a dual subconjunctival hemorrhage. His limbs and joints felt relaxed and the inflammation he had had in his ligaments was gone. He slowly made his way up waking the wyvern with a pat. It seemed that the dragon-like creature was content with sleeping for a while longer so Steel packed up his things and went out for a short hunt on the mountain. He tried to catch a rabbit or some other animal that lived on the mountain. Laying in wait he sprung on a rabbit and grabbed it swiftly twisting and breaking its neck. He grabbed himself some nearby twigs and branches and went back to camp. Making a small campfire whilst the now dead rabbit laid on one of the nearby hot stones. After making the campfire he burned the steel on his executioner's sword and slowly used it to gut and flay the rabbit. It wasn’t really the best tool for the purpose but it had to do as Steel had nothing else to use for doing it. After flaying and cleaning off the rabbit he pierced it on a branch and made a makeshift rabbit skewer. He would cook it on the fire. It was a nice day.

WC: 1065/2000

STEEL'S STATS
Strength: 43+60 from Earrings +60 from Sword +20 from Armor = 183
Speed: 31 +40 from Ring - 10 from Sword - 10 from Armor = 51
Constitution: 61 (HP + Armor = 2S ranks HP + 1S rank armor durability)
Endurance: 34
Intelligence: 21
Mana: 1635
Minor Armored Movement & Wielding: Half speed penalty on all heavy equipment except shields.

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT
Weapon: Executioner Sword
Armor: Vanguards Haste
Earrings: Pyaar Earrings
Ring: Haste Ring

#2Ko Lesalt 

[Quest - Ko,Steel] What's mine is mine. Empty Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:29 am

Ko Lesalt

As it turned out, wiping out an entire group of Miners at the behest of a local landlord wasn’t exactly an activity welcomed by the locals. It wasn’t even a week after Ko and Ragnar had entered the mines and dispatched that group of glorified bandits before Ko discovered a post with his picture on it. While it wasn’t an official bounty posting, it was definitely intended to warn people about his presence in Sieghart and mark him as a presence to be disposed of as soon as possible. If Ko were being honest he was even kind of flattered.

At the same time, however, the gall these local villagers had was immeasurable. Those miners had been ambushing and wiping out prospectors for a long time. Any time someone sent in outsiders to try and find untapped resources within the mines, they’d ensure that the ‘intruders’ were guided into out of the way areas and dealt with. Ko had looked into the matter after wiping them out, and the only reason they weren’t essentially bandits was the fact that they were all gainfully employed by the very same mining companies that funded the rest of the operators in the mines.

As a result, Ko had been forced to skirt around the edges of town in an attempt to avoid unnecessary confrontation. Things had gotten pretty ugly when the wife of one of the miners he’d killed assaulted him in an open street. If Nantosuelta hadn’t carried him out of town, it likely would have caused a riot. Ko couldn’t blame the woman, not if he was being fair about it. Yet all the same, he found her reaction irritating. Her husband was dead because he bit off more than he could chew. After all, it wasn’t Ko who had instigated the violence in that cave. The fool and his band of miscreants had, and Ko had slaughtered them without guilt as a result.

“I can feel you sulking up there, Ko. It's not like you to think about things this much.” Despite them being in mid-flight, Nantosuelta’s voice was clearly audible over the wind, and Ko scowled from his perch atop her shoulders. “Oi. I think about things all the time. You make it sound like I’ve got no brain at all.” “Well, I wasn’t going to say anything, but since we’re on the subject…” The sly grin Nantosuelta shot back at him made Ko grumble, but it did lighten his heart somewhat. As they’d spent time together, Ko and Nantosuelta had grown closer and closer, and in times like this Nan always seemed to prioritize assuaging Ko’s nerves. Even if she did it by harassing him, he still appreciated it.

It also occurred to Ko that he took Nantosuelta for granted most of the time. She had only agreed to accompany him off of Fatal Peak because he’d put himself at risk to save her from the eruption. Of course, she also explained to him, rather haughtily, that she wouldn’t have been in danger even if he hadn’t returned. Even if she was submerged in molten lava it wouldn’t hurt her more than being submerged in water. Still, she had chosen to accompany him after that, and Ko was often more grateful than he realized to have her with him.

After sitting in silence for a moment, Ko leaned forward on Nantosuelta’s shoulders, rubbing her neck affectionately. She lurched in mid-air, clearly not expecting the sudden contact, so Ko was quick to explain. “I don’t say it often enough, but I’m glad you decided to come with me, Nantosuelta. I really don’t know what I’d do without you around.” As he was speaking Nantosuelta was craning her neck to look at him, but once he’d said that she suddenly turned her head back forward, almost like she was avoiding meeting his eyes. After a few moments passed, Ko heard a heavy sigh. “I guess you can say something pretty good when you want to…” Naturally, Ko couldn’t see that the scales under Nantosuelta’s eyes were a good deal brighter than usual.

Relaxing against Nantosuelta’s back once again, Ko started thinking about his most recent job. If he’d really been honest, he didn’t want to bother with it. Just going into those mines once had caused him a huge hassle; doing it a second time for practically the same reason was just asking for a bad time. Still, he couldn’t deny that the pay this time was immense, and it was more clear. He wasn’t just meant to go in and prospect, he was to clear out a space for the employer to set up shop. That meant Ko was going to be beating or killing miners again, but on purpose this time.

What happened last time was a fluke, but he was certain that if he went in again he would get jumped. If not by a group of organized miners, then by their angry friends. It seemed like the miners were a tight knit community after all. While Ko didn’t mind those odds, he’d prefer to even them if at all possible. As that thought crossed his mind, Ko happened to look down and spotted the light of a campfire. Curious, he patted Nantosuelta on the neck. “Looks like we got some company roughing it out here. Let me get a closer look.” With a growl of acknowledgement, that sounded a bit more like a purr than usual for some reason, Nantosuelta began gliding a bit lower to make spotting the camper easier.

Immediately after the camper came into view, Ko recognized them. He hadn’t realized that Steel was in Sieghart, or that the man had a wyvern of his own, but it was fortuitous as hell that they bumped into each other. “Take us down, Nan. I know this guy.” One short dive later, Ko and Nantosuelta were swooping in on Steel’s camp, landing just far enough away to avoid kicking up dust and wind. Not bothering to dismount, Ko waved at Steel from Nantosuelta’s back. “Yo, fancy meeting you here Steel. Taking a break from punishing the wicked to go camping, eh?” Ko eyed the area, trying to get a feel for what Steel was doing out in Sieghart.

“Oh right, Steel this is Nantosuelta. Nan, this is Steel. He’s an ex-Mark.” Nantosuelta looked at Ko over her shoulder with a nonplussed expression. “You have the weirdest friends, Darling.” Darling? Where did that come from? He’d ask about it later. Looking back at Steel, Ko forded ahead with the thought that popped into his mind. “It's interesting that I’d bump into you out here. I just got a job in town at one of the mines and I was thinking I could use someone to watch my back. Got ambushed last time pretty bad, and now the locals hate my guts. Pays pretty well. You interested?”

1152/2000

#3Steel 

[Quest - Ko,Steel] What's mine is mine. Empty Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:50 pm

Steel

Steel was just sitting along humming a tune and grilling some rabbit when out of the sky a large creature, probably as large as the wyvern that had stolen Steel away to this the northern region of Fiore. I mean sure Steel had willingly gotten on the back of the red wyvern but he hadn’t known if he wanted to go north. The wyvern had simply taken him there. Maybe it was fate? Maybe it was home? Maybe it was the wyverns feeding grounds but if so then why had it been down south? Steel had no clue. In any way Steel grabbed the executioner’s sword as the dragon like creature landed. He was not going to risk anything. If this was an enemy he would want to swiftly dispose of it.

Next he saw Ko on the back of the dragon-like creature. Steel was almost relieved before he remembered. Ko was an assassin for hire and Steel had been one of his targets before. The fact that Ko now seemed to ride a draconic creature meant he had probably powered up since the last time. Was this revenge? But then it seemed Steel might be wrong about the situation when Ko waved from the back of the dragonoid. Looking Ko dead in the eyes Steel slowly raised the roasting rabbit from the fire and bit into it sending meat juices flying everywhere and covering Steel’s cheeks, chins and lips in the juices. This was in a way a greeting Steel supposed.

Steel listened to Ko’s job offer which to be frank was a request for protection. Steel did not have anything against working as a bodyguard and he surely did not have anything against Ko personally. Since Ko had said the job paid well Steel would think about it but first he presented a roasted rabbit leg for Ko to eat. Steel wasn’t really in the mood to speak many words since he was trying to enjoy dinner.

“How much?” Steel said clearly meaning the amount of money he would get paid for doing the job. If Ko answered Steel with an appropriate sum which in this case would be somewhere between two hundred and four hundred thousand then Steel would graciously accept the job.

WC: 1440/2000

STEEL'S STATS
Minor Armored Movement & Wielding: Half speed penalty on all heavy equipment except shields.

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT

#4Ko Lesalt 

[Quest - Ko,Steel] What's mine is mine. Empty Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:24 am

Ko Lesalt

Ko couldn't help but raise a brow at Steel unconventional greeting. Seriously, this guy was impossible to get a read on. First he goes full-on honor bound and throws away his weapon during a fight to even the odds. Then he tags along on a wild chase to find the man who hired Ko to kill him, only to leave Ko behind and chase the guy down when he took off running. To make matters worse, when he finally brought Turg back to Ko, he'd clearly spent some times torturing the guy for some reason. It definitely wasn't what Ko would expect from a upstanding man like Steel made himself out to be.

Still, they at least had a tenuous working relationship. They'd cooperated once before, they'd made compromises for each other, and they'd fought together. Well, mostly against each other, but it counted to an extent. Regardless, Ko took the leg of rabbit Steel had offered, biting into it with a nod of thanks. Could have used some seasoning, but the guy was roughing it with barely any supplies. Ko wouldn't begrudge him some old-fashioned campfire cuisine. Eventually Steel asked how much the job paid, and Ko grinned that wild grin that said he knew he'd won. "400,000 jewel. Maybe even a little more if you convince the guy you were worth the extra. Not bad for some basic prospecting work, right?"

As Ko expected, it was well within Steel's expectation for a job. Once he'd agreed to the job and gotten his act together, Ko waited for Steel to get remounted before taking off himself. Ko didn't bother asking if Steel knew where the mines were located; he just took the lead straight off, guiding Steel and his Red Wyvern up into the mountains. Naturally, Ko knew exactly where the mines were; not just because he'd been there previously, but because he had been taking care to avoid them until just this moment.

Naturally, the reason why Ko wanted to avoid the mines became apparent as the site came into view. The mines were crawling with workers, both entering and exiting multiple entrances into the sheer face of the cliff. For Ko there was no telling how many of them might be hostile at this point, although he was hoping that what happened last time would give him enough reputation to turn away the less disgruntled ones. It'd be a shame for the others, though. "This is the place, Steel. Let's touch down right in the middle."

That wasn't an accident either; making a big entrance was sure to leave an impression as well. Nantosuelta swooped down towards the mines at his command, kicking up stone dust and actually making a few of the more cowardly miners run for cover. Nantosuelta finally made her landing a few dozen feet away from the mine entrance, and the miners had moved well and far enough away to make room for Steel too. That was perfect.

Of course, Ko hadn't even dismounted Nantosuelta before he noticed the angry eyes directed his way. He'd been right to anticipate a very cold reception. Hell, from where he was sitting he could see the posters that had him and Ragnar's faces on them. Literal warning signs, though the local authority could stand to be a little less cowardly and call them what they were: unofficial bounties. Still, it made Ko feel a little sad that all it took for that to happen was the meager display of force he and Ragnar had enacted last time.

Having dismounted, Ko turned to Steel. "Alright, listen. My job is just to clear out a good area for my employer to move into in the mines; something that'll give him good returns. I can't do that if these idiots get caught up trying to jump me after I get inside. So, let's divide and conquer. I'll handle the interior, you make sure these fine people give me some room to do my job, okay? Easy 400k for you, right?" Waiting for Steel to give his response, Ko accepted whatever his decision was and turned back to the entrance of the Mines.

Already their arrival had stalled the flow of miners heading inside, which meant as Ko entered he was only passing miners as they exited. The majority of them were already tired from a day's shift in the mines, so while many of them shot him looks that could have killed, none of them made any moves. Hell, most of them practically cowered. The joys of being a local celebrity.

Rather than take an entirely new route, Ko followed the route he had been lead down before by the prospector that had tried to lead him and Ragnar into an ambush. He didn't follow the exact same route, of course, but thankfully mine shafts in the early areas were extremely well organized, so getting lost was rather difficult. Right now, Ko wasn't looking for areas that weren't traveled, he was looking for areas that had been freshly mined.

Eventually he succeeded. A branching tunnel off one of the main lines. He could tell it was fresh thanks to the texture of the stone and lack of leveling in the floor. Turning down the side tunnel, Ko walked a ways before he could hear the echoes of pickaxes. After rounding a bend he found what he was looking for: a vein of ore that was practically untouched, freshly exposed by intrepid miners. "Well well, quite a haul you guys have found."

Ko's voice actually made some of the men start in surprise, turning to face him with picks in hand. When they caught sight of him, even in the dim light, Ko could see a few of them pale. There were only 4 of them. Barely a challenge. "Unfortunately I'm gonna have to ask you boys to move on. Finders keepers and all that." Ko could see it; two of the men wanted to run, immediately, but he was blocking the exit. The other two, however, didn't want to give up their haul.

They charged him, naturally, so Ko responded in kind. His sword left its sheathe in half a second, burying itself in the leading man's chest in the same fluid motion. Before the second man could react, Ko's fist slammed into his cheek, sending him sprawling to the ground. These people weren't fighters, after all. Ko drove his sword into the downed man's back, all the while making eye contact with the remaining two. "Last chance."

Immediately the two men ran, scrambling to get passed Ko. With them gone, Ko took a few moments to take down the location of the ore vein, before making his way back to the surface. He exited the Mines with a look that was half satisfied and half disappointed. It was good to make decent money, but was starting to starve for a real challenge. Ko sauntered up to Steel, all grins again. "Job done! Everything smooth on your end?"

2321/2000

#5Steel 

[Quest - Ko,Steel] What's mine is mine. Empty Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:22 am

Steel

Steel having heard the amount of money the job would pay was happy to stand up from his sitting position. Steel no longer hungry or well at least not starving due to the amounts of rabbit he had eaten. Decided to don his armor. Starting by putting on the plackart and breastplate. He then put on the rerebrace and vambrace along with the couter and pauldrons. All of this equipping of armor was taking quite a long time and it would take at least half an hour before Steel was fully ready to go anywhere at all. At last Steel put on the last piece of armor the gorget(more commonly known as neckplate) He looked like a gigantic tank of a man in his armor. After that he would walk up to the wyvern that he had ridden all the way to this god damned northern place and climbed on top of it.

After Steel had successfully mounted the wyvern Ko simply took off and Steel guessed he had to follow the man so he spurred the wyvern to do so and it did albeit hesitantly since Ko was riding a draconid not of its own kind. They flew deeper into the mountain range. Their goal became quite apparent when they reached it. A giant cliff face that had multiple entrance and exit ways dug into it. It was a big mine. There were a lot of workers. Steel didn’t actually know what they were going to do here yet. Ko landed but Steel had something else in mind instead of land he had the wyvern fly at least ten meters over next to where Ko had landed and Steel jumped off in mid air making a three point landing and then standing up straight. He looked at Ko. “So what are we doing here?” While saying that in a proud way Steel felt that that had been a cool but dumb idea. His knees could have literally been crushed from doing it.

The workers seemed to shun the sight of the two as some of them ducked for cover and some of them actually ran. Probably because of the flamewyrm and not actually because of Steel and Ko. But that did not matter to Steel. Ko who had just dismounted was starting to explain what they were supposed to do here and what Steel was supposed to do. Steel was like he had thought simply a glorified guard/bodyguard someone to back Ko up if something happened or see to it that nothing went wrong. “You got it. I’ll stop these people from interfering with you.” Steel said as Ko started walking inside. Steel’s menacing build and the pressure he exerted actually kept the workers at bay.

Steel walked up to the main entrance where Ko had entered just moments before and leaned back against the wall with his arms crossed. It would have been calm but then Steel heard the screams of pained and probably dying workers from inside the mine. You see the cave walls only enhanced the sound so it echoed out over the “landing pad” where they had both landed only moments earlier.

The workers looked at Steel as they grabbed their pickaxes and started walking towards the entrance. Steel also drew. The gigantic executioner's sword could not even in reality be called a sword for it was too big and too much of a hindrance to the wielder. But Steel was strong. Strong enough that he could wield the sword in one hand. The fact that he held the sword out in one hand seemed to scare some of the workers from going closer to the entrance. But the more foolish ones would not heed their senses. They had the numbers so they thought they would be fine. Unknowingly to them what stood before them was a beast no longer a hero.

Sometime later when Ko exited the mine there was blood everywhere and the mutilated bodies of those dead workers that had not fled the area. Steel’s sword had been colored crimson with the blood of the fallen and most of his body was covered in blood as well. He looked up at Ko as Ko spoke to him and smiled with an innocent smile that only the most innocent a child could have worn as he wiped the blood from his face with one of his hands. Then he spoke “Yeah everything is smooth here.” he had slaughtered every last one.
-exit-
WC: 2190/2000

STEEL'S STATS

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum