Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Miller time [Mission | Solo | Alisa]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Alisa 

Miller time [Mission | Solo | Alisa] Empty Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Alisa

WORDS: 520 | TAG: @Solo | CLOTHES

Her plan of intensive training via work had gotten off on the right foot, with the crystal mage clearing out just about every mission that had piled up in Hargeon in her absence. She had no doubt more would take their place soon, and indeed she hoped they would sooner rather than later. Maybe next time she stopped by her guild's hometown, there would be more work to do. One thing was certain, she knew the guild would already be completely repaired by the time she came back. The attacking dark mages had done a good number on their architecture, but they'd done little to hamper the spirit of Blue Pegasus, constantly on a quest for self improvement, perpetually yearning for perfection while fully understanding they can never reach it. And in Alisa's case, realizing how they should indeed never attain it. To be perfect means pretty much the same as to become stagnant after all, not a condition she'd wish upon herself or anyone she was close to.

She still had plenty of room to grow, and trying to find it had led her to her next destination.

Here she was at last, the mountain town of Orchidia. She found it a rather lovely, if quaint place as far as the people and architecture were concerned, but disliked the shady nature of it's business envoiroment. She still held Orchidia as one of the most likely places her mother's killers would have fled to after the deed had been done. Nowhere else would let them ditch the stolen jewelry and gemstones quite as fast as they apparently did. Everything that disappeared from her father's shop ultimately vanished from circulation entirely faster than any Rune Knight could track them. Naturally, Alisa had visited in the past in search of leads, but she was always passing by and as such never stayed more than a couple of days, never did any jobs there either. But this time it would be different. Though she had technically already arrived yesterday, she did so late at night and headed straight for the hotel to sleep. She'd need ever second of that beauty sleep as she could get to be ready for the heavy amount of work she had to do today.

Indeed she had several jobs to potentially tackle throughout her time in this city, but only one came remotely close to the amount of pay a mage like her should normally expect. Of course, how much clients paid mages hinged on the difficulty of the job, not really the mage's level, yet higher ranked guild mages could in turn pick higher ranking jobs. Tasks at Alisa's level were hardly ever avaliable, and tasks higher than hers even less so. Hell, she'd never even seen any throughout all her time as a mage, and frequently wondered whether they were simply snatched off the job boards the very instant they popped up. Maybe one day she'd see one of those mythical S-rank requests with her own eyes, but alas, today wouldn't be that day.

Strength is also Beauty

"Shall we dance?"
- Alisa Vollan

credit to nat of adoxography.

Sheet | Relationship Plotter | GFX
Fortune Wheel | Victory Road | Dice Game

"Would you like a glimpse of real beauty, Guest?"

Miller time [Mission | Solo | Alisa] CyhFjWA

Main theme ~ Serious Fight!
#2Alisa 

Miller time [Mission | Solo | Alisa] Empty Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Alisa

WORDS: 1050 | TAG: @Solo | CLOTHES

She wore that new outfit she'd been using for guild missions, a far fresher alternative to that jacket and skirt combo she so loved. Then again, she was still wearing a jacket and skirt... Only this time she wore that jacket opened - draped over her shoulders like a Haori if she ever got too hot - while the fancy clothes underneath being far fresher. With sheer, breathable fabric over her breasts and nothing but a flimsy pair of gloves shielding her hands, wearing this outfit felt outright liberating. All she needed to tailor to herself afterwards were the blue details, though she might just get a Blue Pegasus insignia sewn in eventually. Finally, she slipped a headband over her head, giving her a slightly different outfit that she used to wear and highlighting her more youthful charm. Good enough to turn heads with every step she took, the bare minimum reaction Alisa admitted for any outfit she tried on.

Despite the clear, sunny summer skies above, Alisa defenitely felt how the heat had mellowed out since the past month, a clear sign that summery days like these would only get rarer and rarer. As they came to an end, darker days of fall took their place. Though Alisa no longer felt the need to fan herself every twenty or so steps, she knew she'd miss this weather, and how it made every gust of wind the most pleasurable relief she could experience while walking around town, breathing in the fresh air as her chest heaved up and down. Of course, such a pleasant breathing found its end the moment she walked inside the client's office.

...As the first thing she did upon walking into the room... Was cough. A thick column of cigarette smoke assaulted her throat and nostrils with a vengeance, and in a flash she'd placed her hand over her airways, for all the little good it did her. She had smoked before, tobacco and other things on occasion, but made it a point never to overdo it, never to go beyond the occasional sampling. If there was such a such a quantifiable thing as 'too much', she imagined this would come very close to it:

"As the smoke of my cigarette fills the room, I too am filled with realization...", Alisa heard in a deep, gravely voice, immediately turning towards it's precieved source. Through a thick cloud of smoke, she could scarcely make out the figure of a man with a big afro, holding a cigarette in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other. The faint jingling of ice cubes served as period in his sentence, "The only way the citizens of Orchidia can realize my value as an investigator... Is If i prove my worth to them... Someway... Anyway...! Maybe then I'll be able to sleep at night, knowing I'll have helped this city be just a little safer."

The sculptress raised an eyebrow as she fanned herself, not due to the heat, but rather the sheer amount of smoke making even the smallest of breaths next to impossible, let alone spending a single moment without coughing.

Strength is also Beauty

"Shall we dance?"
- Alisa Vollan

#3Alisa 

Miller time [Mission | Solo | Alisa] Empty Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Alisa

WORDS: 1550 | TAG: @Solo | CLOTHES

...More importantly, was this guy really having a monologue?

"...So, I'm assuming this is why you've called for a mage...?", Alisa asked, her voice somewhat raspy, not nearly as melodic as usual. She tried though, of course, but all the smoke in the air did not really make it any easier for her.

Ugh, what she wouldn't give for a breath of fresh air. The things a mage has to endure just to get food on her table...

"Of course, doing such a thing on my own would be impossible. I'd need time I can't spare, resources I don't own. what I do have, is money... Enough to hire external assistance. Just one time... But one time is more than enough.", he continued, as If Alisa wasn't there, even though he was obviously speaking to her.

...Seriously?

Was this guy seriously talking to her through a monologue? Towards her would be a better description really... And here Alisa though she'd seen her fair share of wierdness on the last couple of days. Still, she understood it might be faster to just let him talk than try to convince him to actually look at her, so she'd stay silent, folding her arms under her breasts and narrowing her eyes.

"If my assistant were to create a fake crime scene, I'd beat everyone else to it. They'd see me as the first to learn there had been a crime, as it should be... And this way, I could get the renown i need to use my skills on the real deal."

This plan seemed a bit silly in her mind, as there was a pretty good chance the knights would realized nobody had really committed any real felony, which could result in blacklash against not only him, but her for helping him. Then again, it's not like she'd be killing anyone, so she doubted the knights would waste resources badgering her. Simply by saying silent and allowing the wannabe Noir detective to ramble on. To his credit, she learned he actually thought this through despite how moronic the idea may seem at first glance, but there was still a fair bit of danger involved in carrying it out, mostly for her. After all if they were going to stage a crime, they had to prevent anything from tying back them.

Thus, all the needed items would have to be stolen. This wasn't really a problem with the blood, but the weapons... Those might prove troublesome. She'd need to steal them from the blacksmith and ideally set up the fake crime scene before he realized they were missing, as getting caught in the act posed the most serious threat to this task.

It defenitely warranted the B-rank payoff Miller offered her, as even though she faced no real danger physically, she'd face a serious risk of getting in trouble with the law. She accepted the risk of course, as Alisa placed her own values and morals higher than those of society and no people would be harmed in the making of this crime scene.

Strength is also Beauty

"Shall we dance?"
- Alisa Vollan

Last edited by Alisa Vollan on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4Alisa 

Miller time [Mission | Solo | Alisa] Empty Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:29 pm

Alisa

WORDS: 2060 | TAG: @Solo | CLOTHES

So, out she went, back to the comforting embrace of fresh air and the daunting task of sneaking around like a criminal. In broad daylight, just as people were getting up and going to work... First off, blood. Finding the butcher's shop was easy enough, and the animal blood even easier. Just like most of the waste products, the butcher had left two of said bags outside by the garbage, both looking rather fresh. So she picked one of the bags, holding it at arm's length not to get any on her clothes.

If she could avoid having to explain blood on her clothes to the Rune Knights, she'd damn well try...

very quickly she found the first bag she picked up had a leak, so she went back and replaced it with a new bag. Carrying it around without it breaking required extra care, as the arist had to avoid it bumping into any object. With so much blood and its weight, it wouldn't take much to rupture such a flimsy bag and turn just about any place into a bloody, messy crime scene. Defenitely something she wanted to avoid, especially how there still remained something for her to procure and pass this mission with flying colors.

Yet she wouldn't have as easy a time as simply grabbing a garbage bag from behind the butcher's shop. This part would take a good bit longer... Quite longer actually, as she'd rather not get a sudden following of Rune Knights the moment she waltzed off the blacksmith's with weapons she didn't pay for. It's not as if she could pay for the weapons - as then they could be traced back to her when she placed them at the crime scene - but she could also not be caught stealing as that would also trace black to her:

"Good morning miss! Do you need any help?", welcomed the old blacksmith with a smile

"No, it's alright, thank you. I'm just looking around.", she'd shake her head, returning the smile with radiant grace.

She wound up hanging around the shop much longer than she might have originally intended, waiting for customers to come and go while she herself just looked through the weapons, picking them up, examining them, swinging them around, sometimes replacing them back where she found them. But most of the time she just placed it back in a completely different place while the shopkeeper talked to another client. Her goal was to confuse him, so even when he found some weapons to be missing, he'd spend time looking around the shop first instead of assuming a robbery. It wouldn't take long for the shopkeeper to stop paying attention to her, after, she seemed simply interested in browsing without buying anything, and she was literally just standing there while other folks came around honestly interested in purchases. Once the shopkeeper had all but forgotten her presence, Alisa started moving some of the weapons she wanted to steal a bit closer to the entrance...

Strength is also Beauty

"Shall we dance?"
- Alisa Vollan

#5Alisa 

Miller time [Mission | Solo | Alisa] Empty Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Alisa

WORDS: 2580 | TAG: @Solo | CLOTHES

...And once there were more than five customers in the shop, she headed out almost at the same time as yet two other clients.

This would make it damn near impossible for the old smith to figure out who among the three had stolen his goods, even if he remembered them all by the time he noticed they were missing. After all, Alisa stole only a couple low quality looking weapons that the owner might not realize were missing, and even he did, might be unlikely to care about them in the end.

So far so good...

Now that she had both blood and weapons for her fake crime scene, Alisa calmly made her way through the shaded alleys, closer to where she'd met 'Detective' Miller. She made sure to carry the rusty looking weapon on the other hand not to accidentally rupture the blood bag, once more carefully manouvering it however she could to minimize the chance of damage. So caught up in her task was she that Alisa completely missed how someone had actually spotted her, and all but froze when that person caught her attention:

"Hey, you!", a stern male voice called out to her, prompting the woman to face it, "What's in the bag?"

A Rune Knight. Just her luck... She clicked her tongue as inwardly as possible, keeping up her cool and collected facade. The worst possible timing. That's what this guy just had. But Alisa couldn't show it without raising suspicion, at least anymore, so she spoke with perfect cool and tranquility, "This? It's just animal blood.", she didn't explain at first, waiting for the guy to cross his arms in a silent demand for an explanation, "My boss needs it to make blood sausages."

He looked at her, then down to the bag of blood, then back to her smiling face. And finally, he looked at the weapons in her other hand. They didn't look like they could realistically be used in a fight (unless you were expecting to poison your enemy with the rusty blade). Yet a law enforcement officer's instincts were nothing to scoff at, as he simply narrowed his eyes and probed right into her weak spot, the 'procured' weapons:

"If I investigate those weapons, will I find out they were stolen?", he asked, crossing his arms and glaring into her eyes.

This was bad. A bead of sweat formed on her forehead and trailed coldly down her face, as she understood she might have to run away and not set foot in Orchidia for a long while. But was this worth it? Alisa sighed and thought to herself... There were lots of things she'd be willing to break the law for, and this really wasn't one of them. So she explained the request she was fulfilling as a guild mage, how the stolen weapon could be retrieved once she had made the crime scene and how she had no use for it... How the butcher had no use for all that blood either. And before long the Knight was echoing her sigh and scratching his head:

Strength is also Beauty

"Shall we dance?"
- Alisa Vollan

#6Alisa 

Miller time [Mission | Solo | Alisa] Empty Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Alisa

WORDS: 3100 | TAG: @Solo | CLOTHES

"I believe you... Besides, as it stands, any judge will see it as your word against his. So even I were to stop you now, Miller will just hire someone else instead. Fine. Build your fake crime scene, but we'll take over the 'investigation'. Maybe that will convince him not to pull off this little stunt again."

Well... Looks like she dodged that bullet. Yet Alisa didn't know for sure any other Knights would be as understanding if they also figured out her weapon was stolen. It wasn't really hard now that she thought about it... After all, she carried a shimmering, far better quality weapon behind her back. Just why would she need to carry a low quality weapon in a dark, seedy alley that even the sunlight struggled to reach? Indeed it had been rather dumb to assume she could fool them, but she couldn't really carry a bag of blood and stolen items in the middle of the street either. Regardless, she hurriedly made her way towards the supposed crime scene, and figured how to best go about this.

Looking at the wall with the bag of blood in hand, realization hit her like a truck: She really needn't do anything special! In a flash, she hurled the blood bag up onto the air, flying in an arc towards the wall. As it fell down, she suddenly threw the sword straight towards the wall, in a clean path to intercept it. And her plan worked like a charm. The sword, albeit rusty, easily pierced deep enough into the wall that bag ruptured on its own as it came down, being severed clean in half and leaving a bloody mess on the floor and walls. The sculptress had to step back right before the bag exploded, and even then she got a couple of splatters on her arms. Nothing that she couldn't hide, thankfully, and most importantly, her crime scene was ready.

Simply by kicking a nearby trash can as hard she could, Alisa cause enough of a ruckus that people from the streets would be down to investigate, just as she made herself scarce. And among them, surprise, surprise, was Dex Miller: "The smell of spilled blood, stenching up the breeze wherever it blows... No amount of tobacco could ever cover that up...", stated Miller, once more rambling into a monologue even as he arrived to investigate the 'crime scene'

From then on, all she had left to do was collect her pay, which she could do simply by checking back at her hotel. For all his wannabe antics, Miller could at least find out where his employee was staying and send a briefcase full of jewels to her... Could be worse, right?

Together with the pay however, he also included a note for a job well done, despite palpable disappointment in having been stripped of the opportunity to investigate his own crime scene. He appreciated her discretion for not getting him or herself in trouble, however, and with those thankful words he also threw in an offer for further work, as he had no doubt he'd have it ready for her sometime soon, possibly even today. Lucky her...

Strength is also Beauty

"Shall we dance?"
- Alisa Vollan

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum