Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reading Lips (命)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Chisu Lau Manji 

Reading Lips (命) Empty Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Chisu Lau Manji

WITHOUT A HOME
WHO COULD EVER LOVE ME?

She sat on a bench, watching the people walk by her. Her hands clutched onto the box that held the last remaining thing to her family. Of course, she too was a survivor, but she held onto the secrets of her family and the memories of those who gave up their lives for her. Who else was out there?

No.

Her family was dead. Sure someone in the village could be alive, but she was the last of the Manji. She was the sole heir and survivor. She needed a home, somewhere to lay her head. She needed a place to be. She needed someone.

It was late afternoon, and the sun was beginning to set. Hours passed and people ignored her and she silent sobbing. No one cared to look twice at someone who had remained on a bench for what seemed like days, but to her, felt like years.

How would anyone recover from watching their entire family being killed? It was like being an edgy protagonist of a horrible anime series where people are overpowered and have nearly no flaws. She was far from perfect.

And she was full of flaws.

#2Shura Ranzu † 

Reading Lips (命) Empty Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:07 am

Shura Ranzu †
Reading Lips (命) Obito10

It was later in the afternoon, a day after the heist Shura just pulled. No one had been onto Shura or tried to arrest him that meant someone was smart. He rather not get the blood of the weak on his hands due to pride. The guard he strong armed into giving him the keys for the heist kept his mouth shut. The authorities would be none the wiser as long as everyone played their part. He was walking through the square, figured today was nice and it was after the sun had began to unwind for the day. He made sure to wear the mask to keep his identity hidden for the time being. Just in case someone was smart enough to piece the fact he was there the morning before the heist.

There was something amiss here. Five meters away Shura spotted something, no someone standing out in the crowd. A female covered by black clothing and appeared to be sobbing over something. Shura stood and watched for a moment, not saying anything. People passed by her, not offering help or anything. People nervously looking but not stopping to see what's wrong. This was the bystander effect in action. Everyone just wanted to mind their business, hoping someone else would stop and offer some sort of help. Of course with everyone thinking the same thing nothing actually got done. Well that was until Shura decided he would be the one. Of course before taking a step forward a bird landed on the fountain behind her. It looked normal at first but then it turned around. It wore a mask that resembled his ancestors. The mask with a twisted grin and eyes dipped in crimson.

The bird chirped and went about it’s business, dipping itself in the fountain. To anyone else the bird looked normal. Not to Shura, it did not speak, this signified something. That ‘he’ was always there, watching and observing Shura’s every move. He did not let this deter him from doing something out of the ordinary. He walked over to the sobbing woman and sat down next to her. She was on the far left side of the bench and he sat on the right. This only put a little gap between the two. Shura looked forward and admired the square. “Fine day this has been.”

#3Chisu Lau Manji 

Reading Lips (命) Empty Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:19 pm

Chisu Lau Manji

WITHOUT A HOME
WHO COULD EVER LOVE ME?

". . . Huh?" She would ask, only noticing the man when he had taken his place beside her. It felt unworldly, as if something screamed at her to run. Everything was wrong, like as if he was the one she wanted, the one who killed her family. Something told her to fear him, but still, she remained still. It was not out of fear, but something stronger.

She would muffle her cries for help enough to speak, "I.. I suppose so." she said, "T-T-The weather is n-nice." She nervously looked up, but still the feeling remained.

She would hold the box with her left arm, close to her chest. With her right she extended it towards the man. "I-I'm Chi L-Lau." She would speak softer this time, her hand open to be greeted in a warm handshake.

Ah, that's what the feeling was.

Respect.

#4Shura Ranzu † 

Reading Lips (命) Empty Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:45 pm

Shura Ranzu †
He tried to act casual as possible, knowing full well that this woman was suffering for some reason. She perked up a bit looking up from her box while speaking. He turned to her and gave her a look of endearment while she spoke. She was struggling to gather the words up but he was able to piece together what she was trying to say. She extended out her right hand towards Shura and spoke her name. Soft spoken, but Shura made sure to keep his wits about him because he knew this could very well be a ruse. But for some reason he felt that he could let his guard down for a moment. He returned the handshake and released her hand. “Shura Ranzu, but you can call me Shura. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Shura reached into his pocket and pulled out a handkerchief. One that had SR embroidered on it. He handed it over to the woman so she could wipe her tears. “Take this, and tell me what plagues you Chi Lau. That is, if you care to share your thoughts.”

Shura had a bit of time before he needed to leave for his next job. Being in a good mood, maybe he could lighten someone else’s mood and maybe gain a ally in the long run. There was a underlying reasoning for talking to her but she would never know. Far as she knew he was just trying to hear her vent. Which it wasn't wrong but there was a catch to all of this.

#5Chisu Lau Manji 

Reading Lips (命) Empty Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:56 pm

Chisu Lau Manji

WITHOUT A HOME
WHO COULD EVER LOVE ME?

"Thank you." she would gather herself when she took the handkerchief from him.

"Shura Ranzu." she thought to herself, "I won't forget you."

"I'm not from this land. I was taken here." She gave a light laugh as a single hand dried her tears. "My father, my family are all dead." She smiled, "It sounds crazy to say it out loud." She could feel her own loneliness gather around her soul. She didn't know this man, but this small moment would ease her pain.

"None of it matters now though. I shouldn't be crying. I'll cry when I've avenged them all." Her smile faded, "For now, I guess I should be traveling to the shrines around this country, and I should protect what my father left to me . . . " She stared at the ground confused at her own goals. It seemed odd and unrealistic. She knew the man beside her had reasons to seek her out. No one actually wanted to help her, she watched it happen over the last long days and nights she slept where they sat. She was homeless, a wanderer with nothing but a box in her arms to call her own.

"Thank you for being the only one to talk to me." She was much calmer than before. Maybe saying her troubles aloud was all she needed. "What brings you here?"

She looked over at his clothing, his handkerchief still in her hand. He was a man who was far from an ordinary citizen. Criminal or hero, she wanted to hear his tale.

For now,

Any direction was the right direction.

#6Shura Ranzu † 

Reading Lips (命) Empty Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:32 pm

Shura Ranzu †

Beneath the Mask-

He let her have the handkerchief. “Keep that, I have more.” Shura had finally met someone who was in the same predicament. A individual turned orphan by the darkness that shrouded the world. A shame really, she wasn’t the first and she wasn’t going to be the last. Shura listened as the woman spoke before replying completely. He wanted to hear all that she had to say. Sometimes people just needed someone to listen and not speak. After she spoke Shura removed the mask on his head. He placed the helmet on the bench next to him. He felt comfortable here.

“It is no problem really, and I was just passing through. I am currently staying in hargeon for the same reason. We are kindred spirits you and I. My family was taken from me at a young age by the fear and hatred in man’s heart. I don’t just see vengeance, I seek salvation. I want to save this world to keep from creating more people like us. The shame is the path there is paved with blood, things are never easy. There is one difference between us, I did not cry I trained. Sitting around feeling sorry for myself only lead to more sadness. The world will not wait for us.”

Shura’s words were heavy on his heart, and his mind was filled with memories of the past. Happier times that were lost to the sands of time. “I do not plan to stay here too much longer. I am needed elsewhere. I have much to learn and things will only get harder from here on out. Word of warning, vengeance is a dangerous thing and sometimes it changes nothing. A momentary feeling of relief is cheap.”

#7Chisu Lau Manji 

Reading Lips (命) Empty Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:21 pm

Chisu Lau Manji

WITHOUT A HOME
WHO COULD EVER LOVE ME?

"That is where we differ then." she spoke, "I fear my home was turned to ruin because I did not complete my training . . . in my family, it was tradition to kill your mentor, and I could not bring myself to end his life." She only opened her mouth when the man spoke in reply. She would keep his gift, holding it tightly in her fist.

"I know now that sacrifices have to be made, no matter if in light or darkness. I don't care if I'll be a hero or the most infamous criminal in this land. I will rid this world of whoever killed my people." It was a righteous self quest, but she didn't want to admit she knew nothing of her attackers or her kidnappers. Surely she could find an answer, but to be lost in a new world put her at a disadvantage.

"I don't seek vengeance, I seek redemption. " She continued to tell the man. They were cut from different cloths, but made into the same shape. "if you would, I would like to accompany you. I wish nothing more than to join someone's travels. As of now, I wish nothing more than to form altars in memory of my family over this land, and perhaps even attain power from my god." She paused, "it sounds crazy, but it's what I feel like I mus do. You won't even notice I'm there. You can call upon me whenever you need."

She would bow her head. It was ingrained into her soul and DNA. She was from a warrior's clan.

As of that moment, if he would have it, she would serve her new master. She would become his mercenary, with nothing more than the promise to take her around the country for her own pilgrimage.

#8Shura Ranzu † 

Reading Lips (命) Empty Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:53 pm

Shura Ranzu †
Shura nodded in response, he respected family values no matter how barbaric. His father threw him in a forest and he had to hunt and fend for himself for five days. Something like that did not surprise him at all. Chi was right, things always came at a price. Especially power, Geno’s words rang through his head he said days ago. ‘True power comes at a price. What the price is, well that is relative to the situation. The time will come where you will make a choice.’ He knew that one day Shura would be faced with the same choice. That time had not come yet, but he was going to be ready for it.

A noble cause, but you walk a thin line regardless,” Shura responded. It came as a warning because becoming lost in bloodlust is dangerous. Something like that should always be kept in check. But the woman was special, and stood out from most people he had met. Then she said something that got Shura thinking. She wanted to come along on his journey for a while. He didn’t mind the thought of having someone around, in fact he welcomed it. It would be a change of pace not having to deal with the man in his head. Of course Shura played on it a bit.

He rubbed his chin and looked at her before grinning. “I don’t know, it will be dangerous and you might have to get your hands dirty. If you are okay with that then by all means you can tag along.”

#9Chisu Lau Manji 

Reading Lips (命) Empty Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Chisu Lau Manji

WITHOUT A HOME
WHO COULD EVER LOVE ME?

"Like killing people?" she'd ask, almost sounding nervous, She would smile at the thought of it. "That's only worth it if they put up a fight." She'd shrug, a great change of mood from when they first talked.

"The mask already gave it away." she would say, "No one wears a mask unless they got something to hide.  " She'd smile at it only to lean against the back of the bench, relaxing for once, still holding her box. "Hopefully in Fiore I'll cause a lot less bloodshed." She stared into the fountain, thinking about his words. He was testing her no doubt, but where it was going to lead was unknown to her.

She wouldn't speak of the evils of her clan and the dangers they protected themselves against. To her, it was normal life, to others it was dark necromancy and black arts. She had no problem with seeing blood and spilling it, but she dared not waste a life that could be spared.

But whatever was wished of her, she would obey. Even if it meant doing the dirty work for this man so his hands would remain clean.

#10Shura Ranzu † 

Reading Lips (命) Empty Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:02 pm

Shura Ranzu †
Shura chuckled and replied. “It’s just business.” His response wasn’t cold but it wasn’t joyful. It was a stern response to make sure he establish who and what kind of person he was. She referred to the mask giving away what he was referring to but the mask had a bit more meaning to it. “The mask has been a deterrent to anyone searching for me. Fiore is full of bloodshed, it is unavoidable.” Shura looked into the sky to see it was starting to get late in the afternoon. He rolled up his purple sleeve to check the time. It was about five in the afternoon and he needed to get something to eat before heading home for the night. He grabbed his mask and slipped it back on.

After doing so he stood up and stretched out his arms. “Do you have a place to stay? If not you are more than welcome to crash at my apartment for the night. Don’t worry I will put you to work. No freeloaders.” Most folks would assume that Shura was looking for something more but he was being genuine. The girl was like him and came to this foreign land with nothing. Shura was letting his kindness show but he made sure to stay on edge. He still didn’t know the girl but she seemed rather harmless. He also didn’t get the killer vibe from her nor did she express any blood lust. She was just someone down on their luck and looking for a win. He said nothing else and left towards his house, she knew to follow if she accepted.

[Exit]

#11Chisu Lau Manji 

Reading Lips (命) Empty Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:07 pm

Chisu Lau Manji

WITHOUT A HOME
WHO COULD EVER LOVE ME?

She would bow in respects to the man. She would accept the offer he had extended to her. "I would be eternally grateful." she would tell the man.

"Before you go to this man's place, I need you . . . " the voice reached out to her again, and thus she would obey.

"I'll go with you. But I'll take care of some things as well. I'll be sure not to take up any more room than given to me." And it was true, she would be content with sleeping on the ground at the floor of the man's bed. She was far from an animal, but anything was better than another hour alone on the cold park bench. Perhaps the presence of someone in the same room, whatever the reason, would be enough to calm her nightmares.

Wherever he would go, she would follow. Until she had gotten her own wealth, she would be nothing more than a body to be become his shield. It was her own honor she would hold in regard. She would not let this man down. But should the day come where her services are no longer needed, then she would serve to her final breath.

[/end]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum