Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sunday Service

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Tempris 

Sunday Service Empty Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:38 pm

Tempris

It was a beautiful day outside. Birds were chirping. The sun was blanketing the land in its loving warmth. The church bells sung their sweet melody through the air. Tempris sat cross-legged along the floor on a checkered red and white blanket. A large tree cast half of her in shade. Her cloak covered her up her blond hair and yellow eyes. A golden sword was impaled into the ground while leaning on the trunk with a shield resting on that. Before her was a plate with some crackers, a glass of water, a glass of milk, and a small shot glass of grape juice. Above her head floated a pink halo. Through all these years, all these conflicts, and all these struggles, Tempris had found the will to stay devoted to the one constant in her life. Her lord and savior Illumin continued to guide her and by his will, she found herself going back to the place that she hated. Though before that, she had to watch the peaceful service of sinners trying to give thanks to their lord.

Sunday Service Charlotta-granblue-stance-by-ucantw1nLet all heretics be purged by my holy flames.
Tempris Ashflare #ff3366
#2Ikanbi 

Sunday Service Empty Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:52 am

Ikanbi
A beautiful day it was indeed and Ikanbi was out and about at her finest. Recently imbued with mysterious powers she didn't yet fully understand, the Hunter from Desierto had gone to church for guidance. It had been a while since she'd gone to church, admittedly, her life had been rather chaotic over the last few years. It seemed as though she was always just too busy. Too busy to really do, well, anything. She'd spread herself thin, too thin. Whereas Sia and Kuva were focused individuals, Ikanbi as of late had been slacking.

Still, she couldn't help but wonder if the church could offer any guidance. Ikanbi's journey from Astera to Oak was a quick one, in no time at all she had traveled the countryside and found her way here, a feat which in hindsight surprised her. Had she really covered that much distance in such a short time? She was bewildered. She didn't feel as though she'd made an effort to get here hastily but by all accounts, she had arrived much sooner than she should have. She shoved the thought aside for now, chalking it up to coincidence rather than the reality. The church was in sight now and there appeared to be someone sitting outside having a picnic. As Ikanbi drew closer she gasped. A halo?!

Ikanbi's mind raced with wild thoughts. Was she looking at an angel?! She hesitantly stepped forwards as Nico her companion strolled up closer, inching closer and closer to Tempris and her picnic as Ikanbi followed not too far behind. Ikanbi paused a few feet away from Tempris, not entirely sure what she should say. "I...Um...Are you?" She stared at her feline companion for a moment. "I came to the church for some guidance but I...I've never seen an angel before." Her words faltered. "You...are an angel...right?"

Sunday Service BgYy4ZU
#3Tempris 

Sunday Service Empty Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:00 am

Tempris

Her life had been so quiet this past year. Lots of praying, lots of thought. You could almost considered her retired for a bit but well, there was so much to think about. Now though, she found the will to step back out into the sun and continue gods work. Sadly she still struggled to overcome that cold discomfort of stepping into churches such as the one before her but its okay. One day she will overcome such a struggle.

Meanwhile, something new sparked her attention. A sinner was walking towards her. Did they seek her baptism? Did they have a job for her? She was not a member of those other sinful organizations belonging to her mother or that heretical sun worshiper anymore. So she closed her eyes and asked her lord for guidance. It was here that she was shown... praise... for once. She opened her eyes in a bit of shock.

Like of course she deserved it. She was the Herald of Rapture, the one who would bring this world into a sinless existence. However nobody saw it that way. Breaking into a smirk, the girl picked up her warm milk. "Seeking guidance? I suppose its not unbecoming to attempt to better once self in the eyes of thy lord..." the girl let out a short chuckle, "But at last I fear those below are just sheep following the loudest voice and I am no angel." The girl's took a sip of her milk. That was not entirely true. While she was not an angel, it was only because the term was technically called Nephilim or Seraphim and she was a Nephilim. It was something she wanted to advertise though as it would bring... unwanted attention and make her life mission a bit harder than it needed to be. "But I do appreciate the compliment. I think more people should consider me something of the sort given the work I have done to help this country rid itself of sin."

"Miss, I employ that instead of speaking to another sinner for words, you should look at your past and then seek guidance from Illumin himself."

Sunday Service Charlotta-granblue-stance-by-ucantw1nLet all heretics be purged by my holy flames.
Tempris Ashflare #ff3366
#4Ikanbi 

Sunday Service Empty Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:26 pm

Ikanbi
The Huntress stood firm but relaxed her posture, Nico her feline companion inched towards Tempris, stalking through the grass carefully and cautiously. Slinking closer towards the picnic blanket, it sniffed at the food. "Behave." Ikanbi said and Nico snapped back, pulling her face away from the food. "Sorry about that." Ikanbi said politely. "You're not an angel eh?" Ikanbi asked rhetorically and thought for a moment. The halo puzzled Ikanbi but she had seen stranger things lately. After all, even her own guild master was now an oddity to look at.

Illumin? Ikanbi had to admit that while she knew of the name she had never particularly been a worshipper. When had she the time? Her life was chaos, she was always busy with one task or another, moving from location to location on either a hunt or a business venture. "Has Illumin spoke to you?" Ikanbi asked. "You seem...like the type of...being that might do that sort of thing...whatever you are...." Ikanbi eyed Tempris curiously. "No matter. Angel or not, that Halo is quite something to look at in any case."

"I don't really know what to ask him, Illumin I mean. I used to go to church some when I was younger but life has wound me through a different path."

Sunday Service BgYy4ZU
#5Tempris 

Sunday Service Empty Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:07 pm

Tempris

An innocent grin would grow on Tempris' face as she caught a feline like creature eyeing her food for the benediction. If it had took her cracker, then she would have made preparations for a baptism but the woman was sharp or lucky enough to prevent any fortunate events from happening. So... sinful... but at least Tempris' small tribute wasn't ruin. This was a time for herself, to give thanks, not to commit to his will.

"There is no need. I trust in faith that whatever happens... its for the best." Tempris closes her eyes to contain her own urges. There were times and places for everything. The woman's next question did help though. The girl exhales, "I believe angels are creatures of fiction or a title for biblical champions of various gods in various myths. I am neither fictional, nor a hero for some heretical being. I am just a simple girl who seeks a warmer world." Tempris then pulled off her necklace and her halo completely disappeared. "When I was younger, I adored the stories about angels and champions. So I had this made. Its just a simple effect from the lacrima in here. I hope that doesn't take away from any angelic attributes I may still have." Tempris let out a small giggle before opening her sharp yellow eyes.

The next question the girl brought up was more interesting. Tempris Looked up before dropping her eyes to her necklace. "Illumin guides all. Even now he is delivering his wisdom. Why do you think we have met each other. But... I suppose you're looking for a more direct answer. No, he has never directly spoke to me." Then Tempris giggled, "Oh and I'm just a human. A girl who was saved from the sin of others."

Tempris was taken a bit back when the girl mention not knowing what to ask Illumin. Was she not seeking guidance? Was she nervous? "Illumin loves all, sinners to heretics will all be forgiven once they embrace his warmth... but such things can be daunting. Is there anything you need? Are you troubled by anything? Or perhaps, maybe you already know the answer you seek. Not everyone is as lost as they might believe."

Tempris Ashflare #ff3366
#6Ikanbi 

Sunday Service Empty Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:46 pm

Ikanbi
For a moment Ikanbi said nothing, simply taking in the words of Tempris in stride. She glanced down momentarily and then sat in the grass next to her, Nico immediately moved over and curled up in her lap. Fate had a funny way of bringing people together, whether they knew they were meant to meet or not, Ikanbi had seen it time and time again. Strangers became friends, friends became enemies, enemies became friends, friends became strangers. It was a vicious, cruel world. How nice then for it to have people like Tempris in it, people that simply radiated warmth and goodness and virtue.

"My apologies, where are my manners?" Ikanbi began, "I am Ikanbi, Ikanbi Liivuduntiz, and this little baby is Nico." Ikanbi had said with a grin of her own. "I'm not necessarily sure it is a need so much as a desire...but I wish to purge the world of evil. I've spent my life hunting vampires, werewolves, and demons..."

"I guess you could say I also wish for a warmer world." She added finally. "Though I'll admit I've been not doing much of the purging as of late. Seems the dark denizens of Fiore are a little sharper, no...a lot smarter than the ones back home. Much more secretive, much harder to track down."

Sunday Service BgYy4ZU
#7Tempris 

Sunday Service Empty Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:05 pm

Tempris

"Ms. Liivuduntiz," Tempris made her best attempt to say this correctly but it was clearly awkward, "I go simply by Tempris." Despite the struggle with the name, the girl was now brimming with a bottled fiery spirit. Ridding the world of evil was a great dream. Evil was subjective and too bias unfortunately but it was the right mindset for a person being considered useful for her own goal. At most, she would give a slow closed mouth chuckle. However, she did not interrupt nor give a sign of wanted to speak till the woman completely finished.

"Tell me something Ms. Should a demon come to you with the desire to rid the world of evil... what would you do?" This was an important test. While there was no wrong answer, how Tempris would handle this new asset... this gift from Illumin, would have to be adjusted and or changed.

Tempris Ashflare #ff3366
#8Ikanbi 

Sunday Service Empty Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:35 pm

Ikanbi
She couldn't help but let out a gentle smile as Tempris attempted to pronounce her unholy abomination of a name. "Ikanbi is fine, though some people have taken to calling me Ika," she let out with a chuckle. What Tempris asked her next was not a new question necessarily, or at least it wasn't one she was unfamiliar with though the phrasing was certainly unique. It was a constant dilemma for hunters such as herself, the struggle between light and dark, the balance of morality.

"Well...In my journeys I have come across many types of critters and creatures. Just as all holy men are not necessarily good, so too not all Vampires, Werewolves, and Demons are necessarily evil. I would like to think that somewhere out there there exists those that wish to redeem themselves and do better for the world." She laughed. "It could be wishful and wasted thinking of course, for I'll admit I haven't found any good demons yet, but the amount of vampires I've stumbled upon that were do-gooders and not depraved and crazed does give me a bit of hope."

"Surely even a demon deserves a chance, right?"

Sunday Service BgYy4ZU
#9Tempris 

Sunday Service Empty Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:13 pm

Tempris

Tempris closed her eyes. She was happy that the woman had some level of nuance. The woman was probably older than her, but like who wasn't at this point. Still, Its nice to know that the sanity was there. That promoted her from one time use to a keeper also, calling her Ika was going to be her go too. The woman might be a sinner, but that did not mean Tempris couldn't be respectful and polite. "Like I said, All beings will be forgiven. But for now Ms. Ika, I feel as though fate truly has favored us both." Tempris picked up a cracker and the grape juice. "A new pledge for a warmer less evil world." Tempris then opened her yellow eyes which shimmered with a bit with her holy magic. Then she took the cracker and swallowed the juice in one gulp.

"Why don't you come with me? I have recently achieve a more interesting realm of employment that could benefit both of us."

(Exit)

Tempris Ashflare #ff3366

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum