Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

TakeOver Magic Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Azamuku Orochi 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Azamuku Orochi
In take over magic can we create our own version of a certain god or create our own beast?
Also are we allowed to have partial transformations until we reach a level? For example transform a hand into a claw?
Last question using Take over magic, can we keep one animal form, and simply update and 'upgrade' its powers? Or making a weaker form of that creature?

#2Erebus2 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Erebus2

Animal TO is eligible, you cannot TO Gods, Demons, or Beasts. They're limited. Animal TOs are semi-limited. So you're in luck if you are going snake. Love Orochimaru tbh, better join Grimoire Heart ; D

Yes of course, most spells should be partial. Like tongues, arms, tails, and wings! You can keep an animal form, and your spells can create snake that you throw. But they wouldn't operate like summoning. Just an extension of who you are-- meaning it would have to stay attached and all. Like if your arm turned into a bunch of snakes, that'd be fine. Just remember-- poison is not allowed.

TakeOver Magic Questions 5oJEfCBQ_o
#3Azamuku Orochi 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:15 am

Azamuku Orochi
Okay,, is poison magic not allowed in general? And can we learn stronger take over as we rank up? Or Different Types of magic?

#4Erebus2 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:53 am

Erebus2

Poison is limited, I think there will be a chance at obtaining it someday. But for now, you'll have to wait for it. Yes your magic gets stronger but you can only take-over one creature. No, you only get one magic type. We don't do secondary magics here and don't have any plans for it in the near future.

You will be able to purchase limited magics in the shop though, so changing can be obtained via jewels. So if you ever wanted to go Beast TO instead, which is somewhat stronger, you might get that chance if you keep at it.

Keep in mind that just because you can't poison doesn't mean you can't debuff and damage with your class. You just can't inflict DoTs (Damage Over Times) as that specific ability is what sets Poison apart.

#5Azamuku Orochi 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:03 am

Azamuku Orochi
Okay, I was going to use 'venom' that slows, weakens, etc not really damage over time. While it may deal damage on the initial blow, I wasn't thinking DOT. And at A-rank (If I make it that far), I was going to try to shoot for beast take over, and make hydra beast soul, if that make sense. Or is the Hydra considered a animal?

#6Erebus2 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:30 am

Erebus2

Hydra is beast TO.

Yeah, I'm sure that's fine so long as you acknowledge it isn't poison element and is just a "magical" debuff and not a substance based toxin itself. It has to be your own mana and all you need is a debuff based magic. I don't see any issues with working status effects like that-- after all it's just a debuff. Don't refer to it as poison or venom just on the safe side though. Just because I get what you mean doesn't mean everyone will.

#7Azamuku Orochi 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:00 am

Azamuku Orochi
Hey, I have a final question. The required quest under the Demon race, althoughs quest to become a demon? Or summon demon?

#8Geb 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:31 am

Geb
The quests for races are all to become them. Races can also be purchased with jewels to become them as well.

TakeOver Magic Questions BORZAPv
#9Azamuku Orochi 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:43 am

Azamuku Orochi
I think it would be more fun to do the quest, also how do you start them?

#10Geb 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:49 am

Geb
They're not out yet, which is the reason they are currently up for purchase.

TakeOver Magic Questions BORZAPv
#11Erebus2 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Erebus2

If you go with a race you can't get a limited magic.

Meaning no Hydra Take Over, just letting you know ahead of time. Also you should post in the name change area and get your username put as Azamaku when you can Jason.

#12Azamuku Orochi 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:06 pm

Azamuku Orochi
I decided to not do take over magic, for a numerous reasons xD The faceclaim that I was going to use had eight heads, last night I was thinking of a way to limit his powers, and the eight heads started to bother me. A little OCD here xD. That and seeking to become a vampire or demon, would be a major role play plot line aspect to my character, who wants to become immortal.

So I made another type of magic that attempts to capture the snake likfe feature.

And okay, I was gonna wait for my character to be accepted,. but I can do it now.

Also when my character does get accepted how do I start?

#13Erebus2 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Erebus2

As son as Konstantin sees it, I'd approve you now but it might be rude to intrude since he is your approval mod. I checked your stuff though, that should fly fine. Just as long as you aren't summoning snakes. Summoning magic isn't allowed. The way you have it described is very well put though. I'm sure you'll be in the game asap.

#14Azamuku Orochi 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:08 pm

Azamuku Orochi
Thanks, I am debating if I should have the snakes do damage to Azamuku if they for instance get cut in two. For example say if you and my character was fighting, and you 'cut' one of the serpents for instance the tongue. Then that would deal say 5 points of damage to Azamuku. That way it would seem like the serpent is actually apart of him, if that make sense, I haven't figured it out a 100% though. If he is accepted I might wait until it is decided what exactly 1-d rank is, and for the time being focus on supportive spells and debuffs.

#15Erebus2 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Erebus2

just say in your spells they are made of ethereal darkness energy and it doesn't actually hurt you if they are destroyed via defense or opposing offensive damage.

#16Azamuku Orochi 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Azamuku Orochi
Okay, thanks for the advice. I have a final question, when you mean the cool down is +1. Do you mean that if the sustain is 3 post, the cool down would be 4?

#17Erebus2 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:25 pm

Erebus2

Yes.

If you wanna get on the chatbox, here's the browser link btw. https://discord.gg/TwWY3

Didn't know if you were aware or not.

#18Kon 

TakeOver Magic Questions Empty Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:27 am

Kon

This line of questioning has been resolved and will now be moved.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum