Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Consumable Items Suggestion!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ranganok 

Consumable Items Suggestion! Empty Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:30 am

Ranganok
Hi,

As I talked in my previous thread, I thought it would be really nice to also have consumables in the item shop.

Let's first talk about slots, we currently have 4 slots right now: Head, armor, weapon and trinket. So i thought to add 6 slots for consumables to reach the 10 slots in total.

The consumables would also be set from common to legendary but being one time use their prices would be much lower.

Common: 1000J
Uncommon: 10000J
Rare: 50000J
Unique:100000J
Legendary: 300000J

The prices don't have to be like that, you can feel free to modify it. I think the ratio would be quite good.

Now there are some types of consumables: Health Potion and Mana potion.

Buff Potion(which increases one of your stats).

Resistance Potion which will increase the resistance to one element.  

Potion usage: Only one potion can be used per turn and one can have max one potion buff and one resistance buff at the same time, any other potions would overwrite the respective buffs.

Magic scroll: A scroll that contains a one use spell which can be cast anytime without needing mana or anything else other that the scroll. One can also get an empty scroll which can also act as a shield. By using it first, it can absorb a spell in it which can be used one time by sacrificing the scroll. The scroll has the same usage rules, in one turn either use a scroll or a potion and the empty scroll can't absorb and cast the spell in the same turn.

Poison/Venom: Basically a coating put on your weapon that gives a certain debuff to those hit, or regularily lose stamina.

The intensity of the spell or stat buff of each type of item rarity is directly proportional to the power of a spell's rank. Meaning that a Legendary potion will restore/buff as much as an S-rank spell, and Unique one as much as an A-rank one etc.

As for the duration of the buffing potion, this is debatable, we could set it so the buff remains until the end of the fight or have it a set number of turns, different from each rarity or not.

I think this covers everything. If not please ask and I will complete it. Also as this is a concept, i don't know if it's current form would be acceptable so feel free to modify it as you see fit to integrate in the system in the case  you think this would be a good idea for updating the system. :)

I don't believe in good or evil...
...I believe in victory

Consumable Items Suggestion! Sun_Yang_rsz
#2Erebus2 

Consumable Items Suggestion! Empty Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:53 am

Erebus2

I'm against all of it. I'd be down for knives, wire, or small utility-based weaponry. The rest will just cause things to drag out or get cluttered. I'm 100% for no potions or things to put on weapons or shoot spells at no costs.

As for health or mana potions, it just gives people edges they shouldn't have. Magic site or not, it'll just cause issues when out in the field.

Consumable Items Suggestion! 5oJEfCBQ_o
#3Kon 

Consumable Items Suggestion! Empty Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:16 am

Kon

While I'm a strong support of consumable items, the access of 6 is a lot, I'd personally have a maximum of 2 or 3 so people won't be just roleplaying using scroll after scroll or downing dozens of potions, but that's just me. At least, in my opinion, it allows people who would otherwise be unable to defend themselves do so. As for the use of the potions it could be established as a multi-use or single-use it'd just have to depend on the taking of what's decided.

As for your remark, Erebus in regards to giving people edges in which they shouldn't have in what manner does a health or mana potion do in which something like a supportive companion or item wouldn't do?, yes it's a single burst of healing but so is a healing spell. If you're referring to a single instance item being limited to one individual then the same could be said about a number of things here which are completely unobtainable.

#4Erebus2 

Consumable Items Suggestion! Empty Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:14 pm

Erebus2

Because it renders the healing classes obsolete, people can go straight battle-mage and rely on potions. Takes away the edge aspect from certain classes. It also creates an even further divide between adventurers and magic using classes to just be able to regen mana continuously.

Consumable Items Suggestion! 5oJEfCBQ_o
#5Kon 

Consumable Items Suggestion! Empty Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:25 am

Kon

This line of questioning has been resolved and will now be moved.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum