Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sustain offensive

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Caius 

Sustain offensive Empty Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:38 pm

Caius
Might as well bring this up before too many people make spells.

Basically having sustain offensive spells avoid cooldowns and essentially the spell limit so they can spam the high rank spells every post.

Maybe lower the damage one rank if it's offense sustained(Save D ranks since that's the lowest) or increase the mana cost so it's not abused by everyone as it's currently trending. The other option would be to delete cooldowns in general.

just to show how unbalanced it is here is an example. Let's say the user only has One A rank spell in their spell slots.

Normal
A rank normal damage
4 post CD
One time only
200mana

sustain
A rank normal damage
4 post CD(like it matters lol. you have it every post)
A rank damage per post only(what spell limit?)
200mana+200 mana per post(aka spam till OOM)

Hi I'm Caius
#2Kon 

Sustain offensive Empty Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:15 am

Kon

I agree sustained offensive spells should be one rank lower than it even if you are paying for the same amount of mana, as it is merely a way to offset the spell slot limit.

#3Salem 

Sustain offensive Empty Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:53 am

Salem
Your paying full cost for sustain every post tho, its not like you pay half to sustain a spell if its A rank your paying the whole 200 mana every post. So why weaken then Spell ?

#4Selena Maelstrom 

Sustain offensive Empty Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:55 am

Selena Maelstrom
Although it is strong its not over powered by any means (unless you're going against a person who is like 2 ranks lower than you). Sure you can keep an a rank spell out for a while but spells can be stoped right? You use an A rank ill throw out 2 b's or whatever to stop it. And like Salem said your paying full price for the spell so depending on how much mana you have it could only last a short while if you can't keep putting in the mana.

Sustain offensive BLlZQ5m
#5Geb 

Sustain offensive Empty Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:22 am

Geb
I do think it's a problem, but I think that it shouldn't be fixed by nerfing the damage, but rather increasing the sustain cost of the spell.

Perhaps increase the sustain cost of offensive spells by 50% to make them mana-costly and have a disadvantage, as I do believe Caius makes valid points.

So, if you had a B-rank sustain, it would be 100. If it was offensive, it would be 150. That's my thoughts on the matter.

Sustain offensive BORZAPv
#6Salem 

Sustain offensive Empty Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:42 am

Salem
What will that do to sustain make spells ? I mean say like a spell that allows for the mage to make a sword or some form of weapon form combat. If an A rank spell this makes an A rank weapon that can do A rank damage that would cost 200 per post but still can be damaged by A rank damage and dosent heal per post.

With both suggestions it hurts spells of this sort.

#7Caius 

Sustain offensive Empty Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:33 pm

Caius
Geb wrote:I do think it's a problem, but I think that it shouldn't be fixed by nerfing the damage, but rather increasing the sustain cost of the spell.

Perhaps increase the sustain cost of offensive spells by 50% to make them mana-costly and have a disadvantage, as I do believe Caius makes valid points.

So, if you had a B-rank sustain, it would be 100. If it was offensive, it would be 150. That's my thoughts on the matter.

that could work. It needs some type of deterrent otherwise there is zero point to not make sustain offense spells to avoid CD/spell limit.

Hi I'm Caius
#8Kon 

Sustain offensive Empty Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:32 pm

Kon

This thread has been answered and conversation has ended. It will now be moved.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum