Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Professions

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Kon 

Professions Empty Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:38 am

Kon

Given that we have classes as well as races and you want to take this into the more MMORPG aesthetics I'd like to suggest the implementation of Professions, that could include things like Blacksmithing, Leathercrafting, Cooking, Enchanting, Hunting, Fishing, etc they could be a one for individual thing or useable for everyone, this would allow for things to be acquired through rping like items and stuff without having to pay for them through the shop.

The professions themselves could also provide a tiny passive effect as well, though it would be barely noticeable, i.e blacksmithing +5 endurance or something because of the strength required for doing that type of profession this is just an idea, but if you want i can give it some more thought and provide some follow up stuff

#2Selena Maelstrom 

Professions Empty Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:57 am

Selena Maelstrom
I do agree it's a nice thought but i dunno. We already see that we can get different races, auras, ect from doing certain quests. Now it's not confirmed but it seems that the whole site will be aimed towards that idea. Do a thing for someone get this rare race, item, ect, which would mean instead of us becoming a blacksmith, ect. We would just be doing the quests for them to get better stuff. As for the passives, another profession would be a good excuse to get some, but not a great excuse.

Professions BLlZQ5m
#3Roman 

Professions Empty Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:49 am

Roman
To be frank no.

Consider the following

1. WCs are already super grindy in nature
2. Becoming more mmo than rp
3. Weapon mastery to do
4. Requests are long
5. Training is long
6. Did I mention WCs are long?

#4Kon 

Professions Empty Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:01 am

Kon

eh fair enough just thought I'd suggest it.

#5Tristan 

Professions Empty Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Tristan
I`m gonna have to say there`s already enough customization. Adding too much could potentially confuse new members.

#6Tenshi † 

Professions Empty Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:58 pm

Tenshi †
Hey there!

First of all- Cool suggestion. It's definitely something that would allow for more customization moving forward. That being said, I don't know that now is the time to look into that.

As many of the other members of brought up, there is a LOT going on right now. Classes, races, guilds, weapons, etc. It could already be overwhelming, maybe downright confusing, for new members. The word counts aren't a huge problem I don't believe (as they can be reduced through multiple means), but that is a LOT to keep track of.

To say "No" outright wouldn't give the idea justice. I'm in no way saying that this is something that will never be implemented. As of now, though, I don't see a plausible way to roll this out. This is something that will be kept as a possibility though, especially if we get to the point where we'd like more member made items/shops.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Professions D09aavQ
#7Tenshi † 

Professions Empty Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:39 pm

Tenshi †
This thread has been answered and conversation has ended. It will now be moved.

Professions D09aavQ

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum