Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestion: Adoptables

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Geb 

Suggestion: Adoptables Empty Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:16 pm

Geb
Adoptables, as some of you may know, are pre-made characters by members for new members to pick up easily. It's often good for those that are roleplaying for the first time. However, it seems like a lot of people didn't take up these adoptables.

But, I will say, I loved the idea. And I'd like to try and re-incorporate it into the site.

This would have to change the way the adoptables are presented to new members, with the rewards for the actual maker being put more in the backseat.

So, let's look over the changes I'm thinking of.

CUSTOMIZABLES:

Adoptables should have customizable fields. In this case, it should be appearance and faceclaim (though gender should not be able to be changed) as well as magic and class. One thing I've noticed in the past was people wanting to pick an adoptable up for the personality, but not wanting it because of a poor magic/appearance department, or at least one that did not fit their liking.

POSTCOUNT BONUSES:

People should feel a bit more motivated to have and or make an adoptable that lasts. As such, there should be some rewards for both the creator and the adopter to gain things as time goes ON, rather than the moment the adoptable is adopted. After all, it sucks having your character taken in only for the one who took it to stay a single day and make 2 posts.

Perhaps just some EXP boosts for the first 2 ranks (C and B) of the adoptable. This way, people don't get that big of a boost in the long run. Perhaps like this:

100,000 EXP  and up  (for the adopter) these boosts wear off.

10 IC Posts: 1000 EXP Creator, 1500 EXP Adoptable

20 IC Posts: 3000 EXP Creator, 4000 EXP Adoptable

30 IC Posts: 5000 EXP Creator, 7500 EXP Adoptable

50 IC posts: 7500 EXP Creator, 10,000 EXP Adoptable.

Just an example, but you get my gist. Just small rewards for both the adoptable and the creator (with the creator having slightly less) the more the adopted character is used in RP posts.

FEATURED ADOPTABLE(S):
I feel there should be a featured adoptable or two each month so new members have a better chance to look at it. Maybe one for each gender. This way, adoptables are more advertised to new members.

OLD ADOPTABLES:
If an adoptable has been in the system and approved for more than, say, 1-2 months, it should be open for already existing users to use as an alterrnate character. The downside is that

1: The creator has to approve of this adoptable being taken as an alt

2: No postcounts bonuses are in play

_______________     __________________ _______________        

But yeah, that should be it for the adoptable thing. Thoughts? Opinions? Additions? Anyone?

Suggestion: Adoptables BORZAPv
#2Kon 

Suggestion: Adoptables Empty Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:43 pm

Kon

provided that a system like this wouldn't be abused by ip spoofing or having a friend establishing the app and someone else picking it up, I think it'd be a great idea, though I'm more in favor for a money incentive than an experience incentive.

#3Kinshiro Kuragya 

Suggestion: Adoptables Empty Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Kinshiro Kuragya
I can personally say that I'd love to participate in making adoptables - some perhaps even just freebies without any gain on my side - just for the sake of something like this happening. I'd be all for it.

Suggestion: Adoptables ZrEInjh
#4Leyaria Venerak 

Suggestion: Adoptables Empty Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:11 pm

Leyaria Venerak
The one concern I have with the Adoptables was how last time it was exploited with people making characters - not to mention the quality deteriorating as more and more were made - with no intent of having anyone play them, only to reap the benefits.

Might not be a popular opinion, but no reward should be given for creating adoptables, only after its been shown a person is going to have used them for an extended period as highlighted in the first post.

#5Geb 

Suggestion: Adoptables Empty Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:29 am

Geb
Bump

Suggestion: Adoptables BORZAPv
#6Kon 

Suggestion: Adoptables Empty Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:00 am

Kon

To be honest, I think the greatest concern with the site atm are things like the huge word counts rather than stuff like adoptable systems which were rarely used successfully previously.

#7Tenshi † 

Suggestion: Adoptables Empty Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:34 pm

Tenshi †
As a suggestion, this will be discussed and potentially worked on by Development team in hand with the Admins. Where Adoptable's are a good idea in theory, the site has attempted them many times in previous iterations, and very rarely do people seem to find interest in premade characters. When customization comes into play, it also raises the question- Is this still an adoptable? The idea is something that could be worked on, but it (as Leyaria stated) falls into a difficult territory. If Adoptable's are made- Why would we give out bonuses for using them? Why would we want to encourage users to take premade characters over personalized ones? And if it's because some people simply get stumped when thinking of characters, why would we need to offer incentives at all?

This will, as stated, be discussed by Development and Jyu further, and when that time comes an answer will be made public (in one form or another). For now, however, this suggestion is appreciated, and we will attempt to keep the members whom are interested as up to date as we can. This suggestion will now be moved to "Answered".

Suggestion: Adoptables D09aavQ

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum