Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter 6: Oblivion Awaits

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

Chapter 6: Oblivion Awaits Empty Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:21 pm

Ryuko

It was clear from even just a cursory glance that the temple of Shinryu was in a restless state. The attendants were nervously trying to tend to their work as the dragon girl marched through the spacious entrance of the temple. Usually the moment would be accompanied with joyous laughter and cheerful voices, but not this time. No, instead a eerie silence and a determined gaze came from the girl who was not going to leave until she learned the truth.

"Ryu! my little fireball!" Rushing down the stairs her father appeared in his human form, accompanied by the demigoddess who was her mother. At least these were the things she was made to believe her entire childhood. "Papa..." Ryuko said, and upon seeing her expression when he tried to embrace her the man stepped back. "What is the matter my dear? I heard some awful rumors about your adventure in Caelum."

To which Ryuko said the one question that remained on her mind since that moment at the underground city: "Am I the Oblivion Dragon?" Upon hearing these words her mother's face turned pale, while her father's usual cheerful and energetic face softened in a thoughtful frown. "So the rumors were true, come inside Ryu, we have much to discuss.

WC: 200/1500

#2Ryuko 

Chapter 6: Oblivion Awaits Empty Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:33 pm

Ryuko

Returning to the sanctum of the temple Ryuko politely sat down on one of the seats while her father took his place at the throne. The divine dragon went silent. "Please tell me everything Papa!" To which the man's expression turned sorrowful. "Even after having glimpsed a part of the truth you still call me that. Fine, Ryu I will tell you everything."

The man closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "To answer your earlier question: You are not the Oblivion Dragon, and yet you carry its legacy." Ryuko clearly seemed bewildered at these words. "It all begun during the ancient war that saw Nacht sealed, you remember that story, right?" Ryuko nodded her head firmly. She had listened to it plenty of times, of how Nacht was becoming such a threat that the four most powerful dragons among their race banded together to seal Nacht away. "Indeed, but before Nacht was able to be sealed he had been working on a scheme: Perhaps sensing a confrontation Nacht wanted to create someone who could carry on his legacy. Although that might not be the right word to use, for I believe Nacht intended to use their successor as a vessel."

Ryuko remained silent, clearly listening attentively. "It was through a clever trickery the dragon had been able to obtain a sliver of the power from the Devourer Dragon, and one from the dragon of Oblivion, a power he mixed together like some sort of twisted alchemical experiment.

When we found out it was already too late, the egg had hatched, and while the others claimed the only outcome was to kill the whelping, I couldn't allow any more blood to be shed, especially when in my eyes the whelping was innocent. Despite the protests of the other dragons there was one of the ancients willing to hear my pleas, and he placed his lacrima inside the whelping in the hope it would keep their destructive impulses under control."

Ryuko's voice wavered for a moment: "That whelpling-" But the answer had been one she had seen coming already: "Was you Ryuko. I took you in as my own flesh and blood, and aware of the distrust you received from our kin I left the dragons and joined the Joyan Pantheon as the divine Shinryu."

Ryuko's gaze lowered for a moment. "I see..." so her father had been worried about her all this time...

WC: 400
Total WC: 600/1500

#3Ryuko 

Chapter 6: Oblivion Awaits Empty Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:22 am

Ryuko

Ryuko felt conflicted, her initial anger at the secrets being withheld from her soon faded when she realized that her father had suffered so much. Not only did he abandon his own kin for her sake, but she believed the fact he had to keep her origins a secret likely weighed heavily on his mind. However, the fact remained that she was not the same being as the Devourer Dragon or the Oblivion Dragon. No, she was her own individual and that meant her path was her own to decide.

"I understand now." Ryuko paused for a moment, inhaling sharply as she attempted to gather her resolve and finally looked up at her father. "Although I wish you had told me the truth earlier, I do understand that the secrets you had to keep hidden weighted heavily upon you. Not only that, but you left your kin for my sake. For that I am immensely grateful Papa."

Her gaze softened for a moment as she continued. "But I am my own person. Even if the blood of the Oblivion Dragon flows through my veins, that doesn't make me the Oblivion Dragon. My legacy, my future, my destiny are all my own to decide. For I am not the Oblivion Dragon: I am Ryuko, daughter of Shinryu and the successor to his divine legacy."

Shinryu suddenly rushed forwards at her, wrapping his arms around her in a tight hug. "You grew so much my little fireball! Papa is touched!"

To which Ryuko merely smiled awkwardly at his showing of affection, gently try to pry herself out of his hug. After a while her father finally calmed down, giving Ryuko a moment to collect her thoughts on the future. "What do you plan to do now Ryuko?"

Her father's question made her think back on the recent events. "As long as Vortigern lives Earthland won't be safe from his wrath. We will have to find a way to stop him, but for me to even stand a chance I need to learn more about the powers that dwell within me."

Shinryu nodded his head lightly in agreement. "But why are you so focused on protecting the planet? Surely it isn't because of your fascination with heroism?" To which Ryuko shook her head lightly with a smile. "No, I wish to protect the planet so that I can live peacefully with my lover. I wouldn't want to make Maple have to live in a scorched wasteland after Vortigern is done tending to the planet with his madness-induced rage."

Shinryu sighed softly. "I see... I'm glad to hear that---- WAIT YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?! IS SOMEONE ABOUT TO TAKE MY LITTLE FIREBALL AWAY FROM ME?! WHO IS THIS SUCCUBUS THAT IS TRYING TO CHARM MY INNOCENT LITTLE WHELPLING!"

To which Ryuko smiled weakly. "She is a half-elf, not a demon... although her pillows might surpass these of a succubus..." The dragon girl chimed softly. Yet these words made Shinryu reach for his head. "Nononono this isn't going to happen! You better bring this girl here before I bring my judgement upon the planet instead!"

Wait wait what? Her father was going to summon Maple for an audience?! Why did that sound more dangerous than Vortigern?! "Where is Uncle Ryuujin when we need him." Likely in Mishiko's bed right now... The dragon girl's sigh resounded through the temple. "I'll invite her over, but you better behave like a proper divine dragon then!"

Shinryu huffed in response to these words. "I am behaving properly! I won't let my fireballs first embers be kindled inside anyone I don't deem worthy of being my daughter's mate!"

Ryuko brought a hand to her forehead an groaned softly. "Papa you're being a headache."

It seemed she had a whole new trial to overcome now...

WC: 650
Total WC: 1250/1500

#4Ryuko 

Chapter 6: Oblivion Awaits Empty Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:29 am

Ryuko

After excusing herself Ryuko left the temple of her father, breathing in the fresh Joyan air and thought about the events that were soon to happen. Not only would she need to find a way to stop Vortigern from destroying Caelum, but now she also needed to make sure her father wouldn't end up destroying Maple! Well, he likely wouldn't, if he even tried he would have had a very angry fireball to deal with!

The dragon girl sighed deeply, but perhaps this was also an opportunity! If she could show her father just how wonderful Maple was, then maybe he would see that it was worthwhile to protect Earthland and maybe he would help in the fight against Vortigern! But even then she had no idea how such an encounter would unfold.

And then there was also the fact she needed to discover more about her origins. What type of being was she? Why was she created? So many questions lingered in her mind but for now she was going to return to Maple's side. Not only did she need to tell her lover that her father wanted to meet her, but she also needed to think of something cute for Valentine! After all it was a perfect opportunity to strengthen their bonds, and maybe a bit of physical bonding as well... Her cheeks flushing up lightly she quickly shook off the thoughts. For now she would have to find Nozrum and tell him about the recent conversation!

WC: 250
Total WC: 1500/1500

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum