Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

A search for clues [Pirates! NQ]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Fei Yu 

A search for clues [Pirates! NQ] Empty Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:54 pm

Fei Yu
In hindsight, if she had taken more time to consider her course of action the young Fae would had been less certain about carrying out a mission like this. However, the mysterious club-shaped piece of wood she had retrieved insisted on the verification of a tale he had once heard:

A particular crew of pirates that was infamous for terrorizing the coastal port of Hargeon were in possession of a particular book. Why was this book so valuable to her? Well... The aforementioned book actually contained some ancient secrets about a mage who once was afflicted with a disease and lost their affinity toward magic as a result. However, it seemed later in their life they were able to find a way to restore that which was lost!

Even if her expression remained stoic, it was clear Yu was troubled by the recent events that had transpired in Talaz Lagaar. No matter how much she tried to focus, tried to connect her senses to the world surrounding her... it was all futile. Even as she attempted over and over to reach out to the spirits, pleading for an answer not a single one had responded. Were they unwilling? Or did something truly sever her connection to the concept of magic?

"Don't be so dishearted lassy! I'm certain once we find the book we can help you find a cure to that illness!" Was it truly an illness? Yu couldn't say for certain. However, she suddenly noticed Nyancelot stopped in front of her, his hind legs dug lightly into the sand as he spoke. "My lady... please don't look at me so... A smile better suits a hero."

Seeing how Nyancelot was attempting to cheer her up with doe eyes and his cheesy line, Yu couldn't help but stiffle a soft chuckle. "Thank you Nyancelot, Oakley... I'm fine, just trying to think why the spirits have gone silent."

WC: 300
Total WC: 300/1200

#2Fei Yu 

A search for clues [Pirates! NQ] Empty Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:02 pm

Fei Yu
As the pair of friends continued their trek through the sand dunes, they both couldn't help but wonder about the silence that seemed to permeate through the beach. There was something off, something strange. Oakley, the magical piece of wood that Yu carried like a club seemed quite fascinated by the silence. "Perhaps something is causing interference?" The deep masculine voice spoke from the wood. It was quite interesting, even if Yu was not able to see the spirits anymore she could still hear the voices of the enchanted objects she carried.
"That's a good theory Oakley, I have my own thoughts but I'm not sure how true they are." Yu Ming was the name of the Fae who had lost her memories, the young Fae was an amnesiac who was currently working on restoring her past, and part of it involved her search for a clue on how to restore her missing connection to the spirits, a result of losing her magical abilities.

However, the mysterious club-shaped piece of wood she had retrieved insisted on the verification of a tale he had once heard: So surely it would be able to help Yu!

"Oakley... I don't think its that. This feeling is different from that of the dark forces that had taken my memories, the spirits had always answered me no matter how far I was. But right now..."

WC: 240
WC: 540/1200

#3Fei Yu 

A search for clues [Pirates! NQ] Empty Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:04 pm

Fei Yu
The more the pair of friends talked the more certain they were of their current predicament. The beach was silent. No sound was being made other than their steps, the only noise was the sound of their footsteps digging into the sand.

It was eerie. The two stopped in their tracks when a large shadow began to appear before them. It was a building that looked quite similar to an old style lighthouse. A structure built using white bricks.

"A lighthouse?" Oakley pondered for a moment on the sight before them. "That's odd, the books described the pirates lair as being a hidden cave." The statement made Yu inquire with a hint of curiosity: "Then... Perhaps there is a secret passage?" The face on the wooden club hummed softly in agreement. "Well... I guess we'll have to enter the building and find out." The suggestion made Yu nod her head lightly, seemingly believing that to be correct. "Yes... It seems our only choice is to go inside." Nyancelot the Exceed unsheathed his sword, taking a step forward toward the building.

"Then... I shall scout ahead, my lady please wait here. I shall return shortly." As the knight-like creature vanished into the darkness of the building, the young fae was left behind to stand alone on the beach. "Nyancelot will be fine, he can take care of himself." The words came from the wooden club that the Fae was holding in her hand. "He's a brave cat, but also an idiot. Just like someone else I know." Despite the fact the Fae was unable to see the spirit, she could feel the presence of Oakley staring directly at her. "You really think I'm an idiot? I mean... I'm not as stupid as some others, I have a feeling there is some ulterior motive here. Perhaps a trap, or a diversion?" The words were not wrong, Oakley was aware the young Fae was intelligent, perhaps her lack of memory had been an issue,

WC: 330
Total WC: 870/1200

#4Fei Yu 

A search for clues [Pirates! NQ] Empty Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:17 pm

Fei Yu
But even then the magical item was certain Yu would find her way.
As the sun rose, the rays of sunlight began to peek from the horizon, illuminating the sand dunes. The sky was a bright orange color, it was truly a beautiful sight to behold. However, that was not the only thing to see, something had emerged from the building. It was Nyancelot, the feline Exceed chiming proudly. "Found them! as you expected, at the basement of the lighthouse there is a secret passage to a hidden cave that connects to the cliffs. The pirates been hiding their treasure there! But not a single one of them was there... I did find this:"

Nyancelot pulled forth a large dusty book, making Oakley frown in curiosity: "Is that-" Nyancelot opened the book and nodded. "It contains records from the diary of the mage you told us about. However, it was later revealed that her condition was a curse inflicted upon her by a jealous witch belonging to the same guild as she was. I'm afraid it contains little that would help you solve your current predicament Yu... BUT! since the pirates aren't here right now we can steal all their treasure! Give it back to the villagers of Hargeon and maybe they will help you find more information as a reward~ How does that sound?" The suggestion made Oakley hum with intrigue, nodding his face in approval. "Well, we do have all the time in the world. If there is something here, we'll find it. Let's make the pirates pay for their crimes and get the treasures for the people of Hargeon." Yu nodded her head with a firm resolution. "Okay then, let's go!" The trio headed into the lighthouse, ready to find the hidden passage and uncover the mysteries that awaited.

The lighthouse was empty, not a single pirate was present, and as such Yu and Nyancelot were easily able to fill two large sacks with treasure to carry back to the port town before any of the pirates would be able to stop them! Stealing from pirates... who ever thought that it would feel this good...

Upon returning to Hargeon and revealing the secret hideout of the pirates Nyancelot's suggestion bore fruit! Not only did the duo get rewarded for their efforts, but the villagers who got their things back were incredibly grateful! Some of them offered her free meals while she was staying in Hargeon, others suggested for her to stay at their accommodations for free as long as she was around, and one merchant even offered to keep an ear ready to hear if he could find any good rumors for her to pursue in her search for answers.

Overall Yu was pleased, and with a work well done she was even able to get this job handled without any violence!

Truly perfect for one like her... But who knew what the future would hold for her... Only time would tell.

WC: 500
Total WC: 1370/1200

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum