Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Domino Effect [Storyline | Astrid]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Astrid 

The Domino Effect [Storyline | Astrid]   Empty Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:45 pm

Astrid

"Worship me in rivers of blood"

STR: 311 | SPD: 507 | CON: 256 | END: 225 | INT: 256 | MANA: 13,550

"Bow before your queen"
- Astrid Venier

There was something of an uneasy peace that fell upon the gathering, everyone looking around, the unveiling of Astrid’s identity and her reason for even being within Crocus being enough to draw attention and interest amongst everyone. The man within the center of them all, the one whom clearly commanded the groups’ attention and focus, was amongst those interested, his face watching over that of Astrid’s, examining it with careful inspection. If there were a dishonest motion within her gaze, a lie that may have been detected, he certainly found himself confident enough that he would have figured it out. It went on for a few moments, Astrid standing there, as much feeling awkward by the silence as much wondering that she may be able to partake in the festivities around them.

Though the nature of their engagement had been hampered by her arrival, it did not change that surrounding them were delicious foods, honeyed meats and cool treats, pitchers of seasoned wine lay adorned upon a pair of tables. A feast, all things considered. And for someone like Astrid whom had been so long deprived of such delights since her departure for Oak Town, it was hard not for her to be drawn towards the food.

“May I?” She asked, her eyes pulling from the man as she looked to the feast before them, eliciting a smile from the man. Her hunger was evident, and perhaps more, he would be remiss as a host to deny a woman such a delight.

“Please, help yourself!” He took a step back into the crowd, an invitation to allow the woman towards the table just before him. It was impossible not to find some sort of delight in the sight of the woman meticulously looking every little item that lay adorn the table. Though he could not see it himself, he imagined her picking piece upon piece onto the plate in her hand, half expecting her to turn around, possessing a plate that would put anything that they may have taken to shame. “So, you’ve returned to Crocus. I would be lying if I did not find it surprising that you’re not just alive, but by all indications, seeming to be in good health. Might I ask, though you have said so already, why?”

“Why?” Astrid repeated, her back remaining to the man as she found herself torn to taking a small sandwich laid out on an elegant plate. Placing one within her mouth, it came almost as an immediate reaction that she found herself grabbing a small handful onto her plate. Turning back to the face the man, still chewing on the sandwich, she looked at the man before taking a quick glance at her plate, realizing just how much food she had grabbed. Had it now been for the fact that she held it with both hands, it wasn’t outside the realm that she may have dropped it. She swallowed, “Because if my father wants to claim my death, he will have to secure that himself. I don’t intend on allowing that to happen, letting myself wait for him to try. He issued the challenge. It’s only right that I respond.”

531/1400 (-20% Censor of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

#2Astrid 

The Domino Effect [Storyline | Astrid]   Empty Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:47 pm

Astrid

"Bow before your queen"
- Astrid Venier

“A bold statement, though, is it not fair to say that you’re a bit out of your element?” The man retorted. He knew enough of what people often said versus what they were willing to commit to. And despite the conviction he hard in Astrid’s voice, the seriousness upon her face, he still had enough reason to doubt. “You’re a Noble’s daughter. Hardly a killer. So, forgive me if I seem a bit, unconvinced.” A step or two closer was enough to reveal the contents on Astrid’s plate; a fine selection all things considered. A good deal more meat than he would have first anticipated. A small smile spanned across his face seeing the handful of sandwiches nestled upon the plate. “A nice little banquet you have there,” he calmed stated. “Please, continue.”

Astrid took another bite, enjoying every moment of each bite. It was a shame how long it had been since she were afforded such a nice meal. And this, this was something even more grand. High quality, expected only for nobility and those with the jewels to afford it. Seldom anything that she would have been able to get, even if she sought to, while on her exile. “It seems to me that you just don’t trust me. I can understand that, I suppose. But begs the question,” she looked right at the man, death in her eyes, “If you fear me, doubt me even, for what reason would you entertain me still?” Grabbing another sandwich as she stood from the seat, matching the man directly eye to eye, “You show reluctance because you doubt me. Not who I am. Not my rational. But my will, is that it?”

The man held a calm face, seemingly the only amongst the crowd of people, faces either anxious or worried that things may have dissolved into something worse. The cracking of a faint smile as much dispelled doubt within Astrid that she may have miscalculated things. Maintaining eye contact for a moment later, he suddenly broke it, reaching for Astrid’s plate, grabbing a small sandwich, her focus now trailed upon the treat, an almost hurt look upon her face. “They are quite delicious, aren’t they?” With a single bite, he popped the small sandwich within his mouth, the faintest of a snicker formed against his face.

“Your father’s crusade has put us on all on shaky ground. The foundations that you and I know all too well, it hangs in the balance.” His words were cold. Calculated. Whatever demeanor or visage he may have put on earlier for his guests, that was gone and he spoke truthfulness towards Astrid. “You want support in bringing down your father. I can point you in the right direction. Lend you my aid, and the aid of those whose survival hinges on being on the right side of this war.”

“I take it that you expect me to help you first. Is that right?”

The cold face was replaced by a sinister smile, “You’re wiser than you carry yourself to be. I would not consider it a problem. They’re in other room, after all.”

1052/1400 (-20% Censor of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

#3Astrid 

The Domino Effect [Storyline | Astrid]   Empty Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:49 pm

Astrid

"Bow before your queen"
- Astrid Venier

With the man’s request came a sense of levity in the room. Festivities having resumed again, Lady Tsara also having taken to enjoying the gathering, grouped amongst a number of lovely women, all laughing amongst themselves. Every so often a pair of eyes would flash over to Astrid with either looks of admiration or intrigue, even Lady Tsara at times flashing a glance to the young woman, an innocent smile or a light wave of the hand typically following.

“There’s an old tale, that those who go into politics do it out of noble purposes. But I’ll let you in on a little secret…” The man began as he walked from the table with Astrid, his arm draped around her shoulder, the nature of their conversation clearly something to keep between the two of them. “Politicians, whatever their reason, is lost behind what can stand to benefit them. Case in point, behind that door over there is a man. A young man, a fresh new Senator to Crocus. Perhaps your age, maybe a year younger, maybe older. Does not matter. Point more being that – like your father – he sought to rid the city of its corruption. To make it clean.” He chuckled, “Only a day later had he come to me, looking for some benefit. Cocky, arrogant even. But not someone whom I can trust, nor risk everything else.”

“And thus, you need me.”

“Consider it an initiation. I could see him gone. Have given it plenty of thought. But I need to know that you are truly willing to go as far down into the abyss to achieve this. Are you still?”

Astrid nodded.

A lone nod returned by the man as he opened the suit he were wearing, pulling out a pistol. Astrid had seen seldom few of them, weapons of that variety still being considered a rarity within Fiore, even amongst those in the Underworld. It was a lovely piece, well-crafted, intricate, and seemed to have no shortage of quality applied. Not a cheap weapon, by any stretch of the imagination.

“Six shots,” he stated as he handed the pistol to Astrid, “Four more than you need, but if you should exhaust them and neither have fallen, hopefully you have another option at hand.”

Taking the gun, Astrid was surprised at the lightness of it. It hardly weighed a thing within her hand, and yet her hand seemed to effortlessly grip the weapon without issue, without challenge.

1462/1400 (-20% Censor of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

#4Astrid 

The Domino Effect [Storyline | Astrid]   Empty Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:50 pm

Astrid

"Bow before your queen"
- Astrid Venier

She made her way towards the room that the man had directed her towards. The idea wasn’t something that she horribly dreaded, the thought of killing another. She had committed murder before, even to some of those who were close to her. That never much worried her or otherwise gave her great pause; no reason to think assume that this would have either.

From the other side of the door, she could hear them. Two figures, one sounding quite young, the other older, like that of an elderly man. She listened for a few more seconds, dispelling what doubt may have been in there that this was whom she was to deal with. Once she heard the older voice refer to the other as “Senator”, she knew she had found the target required. Wasting not another second, she pushed the door open, fortunate to find that it were not locked, pointing the weapon directly at the Senator before pulling the trigger, a loud pop ringing out throughout the room, echoing into the main gallery just beyond.

In the immediate moment, the old man sought to move, reaching for something within his coat, a weapon perhaps. Another shot from the gun stopped him in his tracks as his body slumped down to the ground, a gurgling sound escaping as blood filled his lungs. Astrid stood over the pair, the Senator assumedly dead, and the elderly gentleman soon to meet the same fate.

Another shot in each of them put away any question now to their survival.

Proceeding out of the room, she took a deep breath. It was not the act of killing that made her feel uneasy, but the ringing of the gun still within her ears, having fired four shots in a short span. Shaking her head in some hope of trying to clear the ringing echoing within, she was surprised to see the group, Lady Tsara included, all clapping and celebrating her as though she had done a great accomplishment.

“Well, I must say, I did not think that you had it in you,” the man said with delight, proceeding towards Astrid and shaking her hand with respect. “Come, we have much that we must discuss as to the next step towards your ascension.”

1838/1400 (-20% Censor of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

Spells Used:
  • Name: Colt Single Shot
    Mana Cost: 500
    Requirements: Winchester's Colt
    Type: Offensive
    Element: Arcane
    Range: 25 Meters
    Cooldown: 5 Posts
    Duration: Instant
    Effect: The user aims the Colt by holding it steadily with one hand. The user then shoots a regular-sized bullet that is formed from the users own mana at the aimed target.

• Name: Colt's Special Bullet
    Mana Cost: 500
    Requirements: Winchester's Colt
    Type: Offensive
    Element: Arcane
    Range: 25 Meters
    Cooldown: Once per topic
    Duration: Instant
    Effect: The user aims the Colt by holding it steadily with one hand. The user then shoots a special bullet that cannot be dodged and deals S-rank damage on hit. Posessing potent magic capable of exorcising even undying creatures, this bullet is capable of killing or incapacitating an enemy who would normally be immune to vital hits if it strikes either the head or the heart (Or the place where it would be located).

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum