Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prologue: The Traveler [SL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:17 pm

Ryuko

It all begun during the period after Mishiko's coronation as the new ruler of Joya. In the aftermath of the war Ryuko had decided to spend time helping the villagers rebuild alongside the companionship of Maple. However, it was during this time the young dragon girl found herself wondering about the future: What would she do? After all, despite the fact that her desire to help people remained unchanged, she did understand the need of finding her own path, her own journey to travel down to.

Having been allowed to stay at a small cottage on the outskirts of the village she was helping at Ryuko had woken up early, deciding she wanted to take some time to discuss her thoughts and idea with Maple. But for now she just rose from her slumber, her gaze drifting around the room to see if Maple was already up and awake.

WC: 150

#2Maple 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:42 am

Maple
It was most likely something very different to bring her from the woods to caelum to Joya, As Maple has no idea about anything remotely of how to behave or how over all Joya was, But there was with some one over all walking about in the lands like she was just here and some how ended up there. Only to it be some one else's problem in the future.

For the moment Ryuko had to deal with Maple being in a place she did not know, had no idea how the people where and now just as it seemed she was lingering with in her own thoughts, Maple was already seemingly trailing away from Ryuko and starting to just go off on her own.

While Ryuko might have been sleeping Maple had seemingly got up and already started roaming around to a section the closest trees, there was still time to stop her if she felt Maple was going to do something risky.

WC:165

#3Ryuko 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:52 am

Ryuko

It was rather fortunate that Ryuko woke up when she did, because the absence of Maple would surely had been dreadful for her to deal with. Instead as she spotted the half-elf wandering toward some trees near the cottage the dragon girl darted toward Maple and attempted to playfully hug her from behind in a fashion quite similar to a koala bear.

"No~ No disappearing into the forest without any warnings again~" The dragon girl whined softly as she nuzzled into Maple's back. "I'd get lonely without you by my side, we got the opportunity to explore the sights of Joya, there are a lot of things that are amazing to behold when it's your first time here," Ryuko explained gleefully, clearly in a happy mood for some reason now that she was back near Maple.

However, she couldn't help but wonder what reason Maple might have had for wanting to wander off once more into the wild?

WC: 160

#4Maple 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:03 am

Maple
Just as Maple seeming almost got away, Even if she really was not running some one did stop her the only person she actually knew here even if one pondered why she would explore. It was just how Maple was she often did these things along to learn things herself."Why not? I would have returned."Maple said as she seemed to understand and realize everything was okay in the end. But anyone smart enough to know that Maple might have gotten lost at sometimes and not remember what part was the section to turn back.

Even then she could live other there Maple was a forest dweller she knew how to live out here."The forest seem pretty safe here."Maple assumed because that was just how she worked she did these things then learned what was risky and not risky for a person in these woods."Unless I am wrong? I am sure the Joya is nice."Maple was entirely a woman who did not really live the normal lives of people she was just in the wood living with out worry some how.

WC:186

#5Ryuko 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:07 pm

Ryuko

Ryuko couldn't help but pout at Maple's words. While it was true that she would likely return at some point, the mere thought of the half-elf disappearing without any warning was concerning to say the least, it worried her immensely so she quickly explained. "Of course, it is important that you would return! But that doesn't mean every forest is safe! There are sometimes youkai who lure wayward travelers to their dens, or what about foreigners with ill intentions? There are so many possible causes to be wary of Maple! I..." She couldn't help but find her cheeks turning redder, somewhat embarrassed to admit the next part. "Don't want you to go without me... I would get lonely."

A momentary pause lingered as she finally let go of the half-elf, taking a step backward as she continued her explanation. "Although, I was hoping to explore the village alongside you today if you are up for it?"

#6Maple 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:30 am

Maple
This only seemed to make Maple more curious. After all she had never heard of Yokai before and now she was even more curious on what they could be."Yokai sound interesting to meet, let's go!"Maple said happily interested in the idea of meeting things. Yet again her curious ways of being. You had to wonder if bringing Maple to Joya was the smartest idea.

But it left to her think something."Wait....I have ill intentions?"Maple asked because she had to point that out. Maple never had any horrible intentions she just wanted to learn things."If they go off of intention I would be harmless if they have means of detecting it."Which was fair argument against it.

Then well she just had to ask in return."If you would get lonely then why aren't we going?"Maple wanted to go do things that was normal of her.

WC:154

#7Ryuko 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:27 am

Ryuko

Ryuko couldn't help but chuckle briefly at Maple's enthusiasm, gently grasping a hold of her hand and guiding her toward the village as she explained. "I'll tell you more about Youkai while we walk around the village~" With that decision made the dragon girl started to clarify further. "I didn't mean your intentions, but theirs~ You see, Youkai are often considered akin to Joyan demons, but that description is quite wrong. Youkai are commonly more akin to hmm... spirits of sorts~ They come in all forms and natures, some playful and curious but quite pure in their intentions, while others might be more mischievous and malicious~"

As they had left the outskirts of the village where the cottage had been situated at, the duo started to get closer to the village, and one could already spot the villagers going about their day. "However, they don't always dwell in the wilderness~ some even hide and mingle among villages like this~ Any questions so far?"

#8Maple 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:06 pm

Maple
Questions were fun if you where not already considering running head long into a forest even if you where told not too. In some manner Maple still wanting to just skip her way into the woods, But this was normal and nothing out of place."Ghosts? Do they not have people who handle ghosts?"Maple did ponder that. But it seemed to also get her to stop at this time so for the moment she was completely still thinking about a few things.

But if she really wondered what Maple had on her mind, it was pretty simple."What purpose would I serve here?"It was an interesting question to ask because Maple was an out of place kind of person so she had to wonder what really she would end up doing here when she was just there most of the time, Joya was not exactly an easy place for her to settle into.

#9Ryuko 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:54 pm

Ryuko

Ryuko couldn't help but giggle softly at Maple's question. "This isn't like one of these comics where they have a team of ghostbusters sucking monsters into dusters~" She turned around to Maple and smiled sheepishly. "In Joya most tend to rever, or at the very least respect the existence of Youkai and Kami~ It is because of this respect that they usually earn the goodwill of these beings, although Youkai are quite fickle, so it is not unheard of for one to be pranked by one."

She raised a hand to her chin and pondered for a moment. "Although that is only hearsay, I never really seen them myself, but I guess that might be cause they don't want to mess with Shinryu's daughter I guess... Pity, it could be fun to meet a Kitsune or a kapa~"

When Maple's next question came Ryuko was already more than eager to give a response. "Companionship~ Also having a fellow mortal with me will make people less nervous. You see, my father has quite a reputation what makes people sometimes restless around me, but with you by my side it will be much easier to help these in need. Although, there is no need to worry~"

She playfully raised a finger to try to boop Maple's nose. "After we help around in the village today we can explore the woods together~"

Yet it seemed help would be needed sooner than expected as a scream came from the outskirts of the village. A villager came rushing in their direction. "The guards! someone call the guards! An elderly traveler is being harassed by a group of bandits!"

And indeed, in the distance one could see a small crowd of suspiciously looking men surrounding someone... Perhaps actions would be needed?

WC: 300

#10Maple 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:24 am

Maple
Maple had no idea what either of these things where. Comic and Ghost busters where they books she did not know of? was this Joyan thing she did not know of?"Oh have your ever actually seen any of them?"Maple had to ask because she was curious."After all if they are as you say, surely there is friendly ones."Maple was an ever curious soul of these things after all she felt like she needed to know in some manner of these things. Maple just knew Stella that was it.

But the answer was no and Maple seemed almost like she expected something different."Well isn't that a shame."Keep in mind she had no idea over all any of these things. Even the mention of being a daughter of whatever a Shinryu was did not seem to phase Maple. She had no idea what these where and never looked into them.

It seemed in the end Maple was as she had a feeling she was currently she was a companion and keeping some one company."So that means holding me back in place when i should be free to roam??...."Maple asked because she felt like it was something happening at this time.

as for the bandits and the manner unfolding at hand, Maple did not seem to react too only because she was not a combative mage she was just a random roamer of the woods and happen to do things to be able to heal people and shelter them for an evening.

WC:258

#11Ryuko 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:50 pm

Ryuko

Ryuko never had the opportunity to actually interact with a Youkai, primarily cause of her origins making most of them wary about dealing with her. It was for that reason Ryuko had been so delighted at having Maple's companionship, so when Maple commented about the feeling she was being held back and restrained when she should be free to roam around the dragon girl froze into place for a moment. She couldn't help but find herself huff for a moment, her hands trembling slightly in anger. Not once had she desired, or thought that her actions were chaining Maple down against her will, but to hear these words just now... She wasn't certain whether the feeling she felt right now was anger at being offended, or sorrow at the thought she was so easily being left behind again.

"I didn't want to chain you down like some hostage!" The dragon girl called out in anger, after which she finally regained her composure and turned to look back at Maple. "I asked you to come with me to Joya because I enjoy your company. Because you're with me I don't feel so lonely and for once actually feel joyous at discovering new things together and spending time with you. Is that so much to ask from you? At least give me some form of warning or an invitation to accompany you, rather than just going off into the wilderness with nary a word or a signal."

She lowered her shoulders, her tail drooping at her side as the dragon girl heard the villager's call for aid. However, for once Ryuko had different priorities, namely the half-elf in front of her.

"I know you enjoy traversing the wilderness compared to exploring a village, but at least warn me, or ask if I'd like to join you if you go off on a adventure? I.... I'd dread the idea of you disappearing without a word, leaving me all by myself, or worse: that something might have happened to you while you were gone..."

WC: 350

#12Maple 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:59 am

Maple
The world over all was just a thing Maple loved to explore, her words where some what blunt at times, but keep in mind one was use to being alone or long forgotten that she in the end was never over all worried about her words, one just took it at face value and sometimes looked back at it. Maple was not a overly hard to deal with at least over all she was just odd.

This part Maple seemed to almost try to be a bit cheeky."Oh you maybe i was a bit too harsh with my woods."Maple seemed say in return about these matters. Maple was a sweet heart but over all did not realize how sometimes effective words could be. Almost like living in the woods by yourself had it's fall backs. Maple for a moment would mimic action Ryuko had done before.

Merely turning around she didn't tackle the woman but did hug her and pick her up after a few kisses merely said."I am aware, I should be more careful over all. I am lucky enough to have not gotten myself into trouble."Maple seemed to realize maybe she was thinking far to harshly but her outfit was a tint of blue, almost like it was reflecting the season of winter.

With that she seemed to be okay with agreeing to it."I can agree with it, Do....leaf notes count?"Maple seemed to ask because it was something easy for her to do. then she realized people where in trouble at least it sounded like it then pondered what in which she would do. She was healer if anything and not ready to hurt people.

wc:286

#13Ryuko 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:36 pm

Ryuko

Ryuko had to admit she was surprised with the sudden hug, the gentle kisses soothing her somewhat as her anger quickly was subdued. She was glad Maple realized the concerns and consequences of just disappearing with nary a word, although her proposition did come as a bit of a surprise. "I guess, I'm not sure how readable they would be, but if you can use them to warn me, or direct me to your location it would be fine."

However, the concern of the safety of the elderly man was clearly still on the table, as Maple was a healer and not a fighter, unlike Ryuko who had the natural fortitude of her kin as a blessing. As such with the reassurance Maple wouldn't just be disappearing the dragon girl gently grasped Maple's hand and spoke. "Perhaps you can lend the elderly man a hand while I deal with these rufians~"

With that said Ryuko was quick to approach the direction the commotion came from. Once at the scene of the crime it was evident what was happening: an elderly man was holding to his walking cane as a group of bandits were attempting to tear him away from it and the bag he was carrying with him.

"To think they would prey upon the elderly like that... What villains!" Hearing her exclamation the bandits turned to face her direction, one attempting to step forward to face her but was already met with a violent punch to the face that send him reeling onto the ground while the others rapidly joined their comrade's side. It was the perfect opportunity for Maple to get the elderly man to safety should she decide to do so.

WC: 288

#14Maple 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:31 pm

Maple
It was a good thing to pose to her, So Maple merely clapped her hands together and and fairly large leaf in her hand and made it about the size of her hand. Then poking her finger into it. it was most like the in dent with in her fingers seemed to stay there, it was clearly written note of words she had written there at the time. In this example on the leaf was clearly written something along the lines of this is clearly a test to see how neat it turns out.

In which was not a bad thing she merely passed it off after being asked to look over the old man, If anything maybe Maple was the best example of some one to ask to handle the elderly. She was friendly, kind, gentle and seemed to have an odd way of dealing with people. Maple merely offered her hand and seemed to already start walking the elderly slowly away. Talking to them about how it was not a good thing for them to see what was about to happen next it was be a bit too harsh, Even if they deserve it because they where being not nice.

WC:202

#15Ryuko 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:52 am

Ryuko

Although Ryuko had fortunately held back, the bandits were still in quite a terrified state after their confrontation. Either beaten up and being taken into custody by the local guards, or the smarter among them had ran away at the sight of opposition, with the bandits beaten up and Maple gently guiding the elderly man to safety it seemed her work here was done. Or was it? The man smiled at Maple as he replied in a soft tone. "Thank you for your concern lassy, but I'll be fine, truly, in fact I came here in search for you and your fiery companion."

Ryuko had just overheard the man's words, earning a curious huff from her. "I'm not as fiery as I used to be. If anything I think I was quite mild in my punishment onto these bandits just now." The elderly man chuckled softly at these words, looking from the dragon girl back toward Maple. "Is it safe to presume that you're Maple, and the other one is Shinryu's offspring? I been searching for the two of you, but unfortunately, the bandits got to me first."

He chuckled weakly as he turned his attention toward the half elf. "But let's talk more about that in a more hospitable environment, shall we? My weary bones can't remain upright as long as you young whippersnaps do."

WC: 230

#16Maple 

Prologue: The Traveler [SL] Empty Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:13 pm

Maple
If anything Maple did like a good story, Stories where wonderful things you learned so much from them. This if anything made Maple a bit more excited since there was more talking and things to be social about."Stories are a good thing, I do like hearing as many as I can." Maple said almost like really wanted to hear all of the tales this one could tell her.

Maple continuing the conversation over all it seemed if anything she was actually fairly invested with the conversation with the old man."Age does some for us all. What does matter is the wisdom that one can pass on to others."Maple said while they walked on and continue forward with this old man while they talked about the various things of life and the past in which he had saw in his time. It seemed over all a good ending.

WC:150

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum