Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Been a While [Atani]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Lee Nakamura 

Been a While [Atani] Empty Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:24 pm

Lee Nakamura
Lee was on the outskirts of the alleyway, dodging the sight of people and their busy lives. Many were doing last minute preperations for vacations and the introduction to fall. Its been almost a year since the disappearance of LeeAnn Nakamura and the whole family. Simon had done a number on his mental health and caused him to fake his out death in front of his husband and kids. Nobody, not even his own parents knew he as alive. Many believed he had just gone into hiding while others argued he commited other things.

Lee was now careful to not reveal his whole identity. The previous dragon slayer lost all of his magic in order to protect himself from Simon. His lost cousin was ruthless and would do anything to see him burn. He maintained a slow pace thinking.

His spiritual energy was going haywire according to Ragtime. Though, the chaotic spirit was busy watching his kids. That was more important than what he was thinking. Between living in a one bedroom apartment and working shitting jobs to make ends meet. He was stressed. Yes, he could technically do bigger and badder jobs like he used to. Though, the catch was he was undercover. Hiding from the rest of the world. The once powerful Fire-Breathing Dragon ruling over Infinity Wolves...was now a laughing stock compared to where he once was.

"What would I kill to see a friendly face..." he whispered, starng at his cigarette.

Been a While [Atani] Tumblr_oua5s27DHT1v5lsxco4_r1_500
Character Sheet
One must emulate both the fox and the lion, because a lion cannot defy a snare, while a fox cannot defy a pack of wolves.
#2Atani 

Been a While [Atani] Empty Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:33 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

Fall was just around the corner, but even in the early days of September, the cherry blossom trees within Sakura Alley were as pink and beautiful as ever. Atani smiled wistfully at them as her fingers ran over one of the runes carved into a trunk. She breathed in the last dredges of the warm summer air and exhaled a quiet sigh. Now that she was back from Talaz Lagaar, things felt different-- Things were different, and unfortunately she didn't think they would be returning to normal. Not anytime soon, at least. It was hard dealing with it alone, but everyone was gone-- dead, missing, out of contact. Whatever the case, they were gone. She had hoped being part of a guild would change that, just like it did for Kerii, but it didn't.

Not at all.

She didn't feel abandoned, just... lost. As much as the elf wished that was a new feeling for her, it wasn't, but it's not like that made it any better. For now, she just tried to find some peace and serenity among Hosenka's nature. As she strolled alongside the trees, footsteps completely silent, she passed a man with light blonde hair and even fairer skin. She paused and wrinkled her nose from the scent of his cigarette, then continued leisurely on.

@ Lee

Been a While [Atani] Lu7gGv2
#ff6666 - Fiorian #cc6666 - Elvarin #996666 - Val'Elvarin
#ffe666 - Fiorian #ccc666 - Elvarin #999966 - Val'Elvarin
#9b2222 - Sinese

#3Lee Nakamura 

Been a While [Atani] Empty Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:11 pm

Lee Nakamura
Footsteps caught his attention making him stare up. A beautiful elven woman came through. Normally, he wouldn't think anything of it, but this wasn't just any ordinary elven woman. It was Atani! The deputy of his now disbanded guild. His peircing green eyes shined a little, feeling a spark of joy for the first time in a while. Lately, he had been miserable only just doing bare minumum to get by. Life had not been kind to him lately, nor has it been for the rest of his family, according to Ragtime.

He couldn't see them. His kids were alone. His husband was doing the same as he was. Only set of eyes were on them was Ragtime, keeping hin check with them from time to time. It was enough to make sure they were alive and well for their conditions. Lee went by the name of "Vulnus Bloodmane" as his cover. A fire mage just trying to get by in life. Honseka as far from his home and a nice cover for right now til things started lifting up.

"Excuse me, miss. I don't wanna be creepy or rude, but are you Atani by any chance?" He asked, leaning forward pushing the cigarette into the ash tray. He stood up, become taller than her, but gave her enough space to not freak her out. If anyone was going to find out his real identity, it might as well be her. Most trusted friend he ever had!

Character Sheet
One must emulate both the fox and the lion, because a lion cannot defy a snare, while a fox cannot defy a pack of wolves.
#4Atani 

Been a While [Atani] Empty Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:29 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

As Atani passed the blonde man with the cigarette, she heard his voice speak up. He apologized for his abruptness, then proceeded to call her by name, almost as if he knew her-- or knew of her, at least, though she couldn't for the life of her imagine who in Hosenka would when she had hardly spent much time there.

Curious, she turned on her heels to face the man. Now standing up instead of leaning against the wall, he appeared much taller than what she had originally assumed walking past at a glance. After a brief study of his pierced face, she concluded she hadn't met this man before. One like that would be hard to forget, but still, she had to ask.

"I am... And I'm sorry, but do I know you?"

If he were someone she was supposed to have known from her past, he would have called her Kerii, but that was clearly not the case. She couldn't help but wonder then if perhaps one of her friends had reached out, or if this man required some sort of assistance. If it was the latter, she hated to disappoint, but her once revered healing abilities were rather depleted at the moment.

@ Lee

#9b2222 - Sinese

#5Lee Nakamura 

Been a While [Atani] Empty Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:09 pm

Lee Nakamura
Her reaction was what he had expected. She seemed a bit suspiscious and cautious. He didn't blame her one bit. Silently, he took a deep breath in hopes to help calm in down before revealing the bit secret. He bit his lower lip out of nerves, but kept his composure. For a guy in his early thirties, he sure was not good at talking to people.

"This is going to sound weird, but...Its me...Lee Nakamura. I proof I am not an imposter. You saw me transform from a tall man in orange hair to a taller woman with blue eyes and orange hair. We met in Blue Pegasus and you knew of my daughter, Hikari," he spoke.

Lee rubbed the back of his head a little, hoping it wouldn't scare her. Ragtime would be better at talking to her than he would, but damage already done. Speaking of Ragtime, he felt his presence nearby as the spirit's location was near, but not close enough.

Character Sheet
#6Atani 

Been a While [Atani] Empty Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:32 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

Atani looked at the man skeptically as he took a moment to gather himself before answering what seemed like the rather straightforward question she asked of him. There should have been no apprehension. But then, as he spoke, it all made sense.

"It's me... Lee Nakamura."

Upon hearing those words, Atani felt her heart drop.

"... What?"

Her voice was breathless. She slowly shook her head as he listened to him further explain himself. Her eyes were wide in furious disbelief and her stomach had begun to twist in knots. She took a cautious step back from the man who claimed to be her once closest, but now deceased friend.

"No... LeeAnn is dead. I- I saw her grave."

This had to be some sort of cruel, twisted joke. She wished she could say it was the first time someone had made light of those she lost, but it wasn't. But something didn't quite sit right with her. If it was a joke... why? For what purpose would someone have to drag up hers and Lee's past? She furrowed her brows as she tried to make heads or tails of it, knitting them even tighter as she felt a headache from Yuan begin to brew.

'Come on...' she said to herself as she could feel her reins on the goddess begin to slip.

@ Lee

#9b2222 - Sinese

#7Lee Nakamura 

Been a While [Atani] Empty Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:08 pm

Lee Nakamura
He knew it!

The fabulous performance of his death was so well done that even his best friend believed he was dead. Only person who didnt think he was were his family, even with a grave. It was a sad way to go. Unfortunately, it was for everyone's safety. Simon would stop nothing to see his demise and the disperuse of his family. He had to sacrifice the guild and his pride of close friends and family. His eyes watered a little, stinging as he blinked a little.

Atani's reaction was full on denial. What he really expected out of any normal reaction. For so long, he wanted to tell someone, but couldn't. Now that he has, it was even more painful than relieving. All the reminders of his once bright past with a brighter possible future were now shattered. IT was still possible, but his hopes weren't high.

"There is a grave. Yes. I...had to fake the death otherwise, he would of hurt you and everyone I loved," he explained.

Lee felt horrible. To him, this all felt like some elborate prank is unintentionally pulled on her, but he felt so alone these days. He wanted a small bit of his past here and now it was. At what cost though?

"I'm sorry. I feel that I have hurt you, my husband, my kids, and of course, the guild. He would stop at nothing to see my fall. As my body burned, Ragtime used his powers to protect what was left of my body and soul. My hands are severely burnt from it and I cannot feel any pain in them" he spoke.

For the first time in months, he sunk to his knees feeling defeat and guilt. Usually, he was stone faced and gave not hint of human emotion. Tonight, he showed a bit of what had been feeling. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry...I've been so alone. So alone in my own thoughts since that night. Ragtime is out all the time watching over everyone. I know I 'died' and you may not believe me at all, but Atani...you were the closest friend I have had since Judina had died. Please...forgive me for leaving you and everyone in the dark" he spoke.

He knew he threw a lot at the young elf. Overcome with emotions, he started to silently cry to himself. Lector was gone. Salem was gone. His children were out there alone. Husband doing the same as he. His parents out in Minstrel with distant family members for safety. Brothers no where to be seen. Cousins scattered and his uncle stuck in Fiorian jail for crimes he did not commit.

It was a sadly reality.

Nakamura family was no more...for now.

Character Sheet
#8Atani 

Been a While [Atani] Empty Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:31 am

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

"I... had to fake the death. Otherwise, he would have hurt you and everyone I loved."

He?

Who was he?

And why would she have been in danger?

This man-- Lee or not-- nothing he said made sense. Atani frantically looked over his figure, trying to read his facial expressions and body language as best she could. She wanted to find some fault in it, some sign of deceit, yet everything screamed LeeAnn. She wanted to say it was impossible, but she knew in this world of magic it wasn't. No, it wasn't the drastic change in appearance she was hung up on, for even she could tell that either Lee or someone who had mastered the mannerisms of Lee existed beneath the guise of this tall, pierced, and blonde stranger before her. No...

It was the deceit.

She listened to 'Lee' explain what had happened, how his true body had been burnt beyond repair, and how he had only survived thanks to Ragtime and his spiritual prowess. Of course, one would think a fire mage could not be burnt so easily, nor as severely. A Dragon Slayer no less! But Atani had seen an eerily similar thing happen to Daiko. He too once had his body reduced to ash, and he emerged from it a new being... Not unlike Lee.

Atani hesitated as she watched him drop to the ground-- she still felt as if she were in some sort of shock-- but after a few moments more, she gave in and knelt to his height. Her lip twitched as she listened to him apologize, as she watched him break down before her in a way she only knew LeeAnn Nakamura to do. But staring into his green eyes, not even seeing the friend she once knew, all she could feel was numb. And if Atani knew herself, she knew it would only be a matter of time before that numbness imploded into something visceral, and she couldn't allow herself to do that. Not in the middle of Hosenka. Not with Yuan on the brink of emerging.

"Lee..." Her voice was soft. She hadn't felt the name on her tongue in so long. It felt strange saying it to someone new. "We can't do this here... I can't do this here."

She put a gentle hand on his shoulder and urged him to rise back up with her-- Slowly. Cautiously.

"Not out in the open." She was tempted to offer going to the place she was staying at in Hosenka, but if this really was Lee, if he really was in as much danger as he said, he likely had a safe place of his own. The mage didn't want to suggest someplace that would compromise his safety, not something as unguarded as her room at the inn.

@ Lee

#9b2222 - Sinese

#9Lee Nakamura 

Been a While [Atani] Empty Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:29 am

Lee Nakamura
Shaken to his core, remembering that night. It wasnt his own fire that burned him, but some demonic unholy fire Solomon had conjured up. Something spiritual and evil. The very thought of it made him shake. He was glad his family was unharmed, physically at least. He was worried about Alex and the kids. From what he gathered, Alex was trying to scramble to even find something to do, but his parents had to intervene. Greif got the best of him and so he gave up and never came out of his room according to Ragtime. "If you want, there's a private area meant of these conversations. It's called the Quiet Room. We can go there, that way our conversations arent heard and...you feel bit more safe. I know how all this sounds.." he whispered.

Atani taken him to a more secluded place away from prying ears and eyes. He followed in a state of shock and numbness. SIlently, he sniffled and stared down at the ground, feeling more pathetic by the day. He sat down in a chair next to a window. The view of Honseka was beautiful from here. The lights dancing around and the ambience of the city at night.

"I have to explain from the beginning. Two years ago, my cousin, Solomon, appeared shortly after the guild was created. He has radical views and didnt like what it stood for. Let me just say...he hates any races that arent human. Grew even more dangerous when he found out I was the guildmaster. For a while, he would isolate events causing me mental harm such as a relatistic animated doll of my brother or tormenting me with threats. IT gotten even worse when he threatened the saftey of my children, my husband, family, and most of all, the guild. When Kon approached me about ther merge, it was the only way I could keep everyone safe from him. If Infinity Wolves were left, he would of destroy the guild. So...I couldn't take any chances" he explained.

It was brief, but he spoken truth. Suddenly, a much stronger spiritual presence was felt and came into the room. It was Ragtime. The spirit realized what was going on. Of course, he didnt know if Atani could see him or not. So he took over Lee's body, making him less of a mess, but still silently crying.

"I apologize for info dumping like this. This isn't like me, but I've had no one else to talk to about this except Ragtime. To continue the story, Solomon had enough guts after our first battle and decided to use this..demonic energy to castriate a fire. Everyone came running outside of the Nakamura Manor. Though, I was his only target. Alex and the kids and rest of my family stood behind the wall of fire. I fought and fought, but he wouldn't rest until he killed me. So...Caspien and Ragtime combined their energies to protect me soul and what they could of my body. Though, most of my original body was burnt into a crisp. Even in this new body, I...still have a lot of old burnt wounds. So you see...why I had to fake my own death and keep everyone safe? I hope this is only temporary, but...it hurts" he spoke.

Character Sheet
#10Atani 

Been a While [Atani] Empty Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:13 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

As expected, Lee had someplace in mind for where they could go to speak in private. He called it the 'Quiet Room.' Where he had learned of this in Hosenka, she did not know, but she followed him anyway without question. For now, she let him believe that it was because she wanted no one to hear of their conversations, but in reality it was so much more than that... Which he would have known if he was in Talaz Lagaar with her, but he wasn't. She had to suffer through that one alone. Despite the promise they made to one another.

Atani trailed behind Lee as he showed her to the Quiet Room. She did her best to keep her focus off of him. She needed to if she were to maintain the integrity of her physical appearance, but it was hard. It took nearly every ounce of her willpower to keep Yuan at bay. There would be moments where she would get a searing headache clustered right behind her eye. She'd bring a hand to it, partly to subside the pain, but mostly to hide any potential shift in color from Atani-green to Yuan-gold.

Eventually, they had made it to the room. Lee sat himself in a chair, but Atani remained firmly standing. She crossed her arms and angled herself away from his body such that he wouldn't be able to see her face, save for its faint reflection in the window. She stared out of it as he told his story, all the while just trying to focus on her breathing to keep a level head.

She already knew about Solomon and his views. Likewise, she already knew about what he had done, turning her family into puppets and putting the remaining Nakamuras in jeopardy. This was all information LeeAnn had shared with her in Stella. None of this was new.

With a sudden shift in energy around the room, Lee's story began to change, as did his voice. She furrowed her brows. She knew that voice; it was Ragtime's. She glanced over to Lee who more or less appeared the same, but there was a certain look in his eyes now, one that undoubtedly reminded her of the spirit. But that meant... If Ragtime was here, this was LeeAnn Nakamura. There was no doubt about it. But somehow that only made Atani that much more heated.

"So you see... why I had to fake my own death and keep everyone safe?"

Atani tore her eyes away from Lee. She clenched her fists behind crossed arms.

"No, I don't," she bitterly said. Her chest became tight as she realized she might have been coming off harsh, but she couldn't just bury her feelings and lie to his face. "Everyone else, sure, I get that, but you didn't have to keep it all from me." She let out a shuddered breath as she closed her eyes. When they opened, they were no longer green, but instead took on a distinctive golden hue.

"Didn't we tell each other, all the way back when we made the guild, that we would be there for one another?" Even after hearing about what Solomon had done to her family-- no, especially after hearing about that-- Atani told LeeAnn that she didn't have to go through it alone. If anything were to happen, all she had to do was call, and she would be there, no questions asked.

"You had an entire family you could have relied on. But even if you were too afraid to get them involved, you still at least had me."

She, of course, was not referring to the Nakamuras, but rather the guild. Even if it was disbanded, they were still loyal to their guildmaster. At the very least Atani was; there were no doubts in any of that. It was Lee's own words that a guild was essentially a family, and even Atani who had no concept of what one was had finally been able to feel like Lee was becoming part of hers. But then, almost a year ago, that had all been ripped away when she got word of his 'death.'

@ Lee

#9b2222 - Sinese

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum